Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taiwan
Publications793 found, 100 shown here
- Tsui P, Tsai K, Weng M, Hung Y, Liu Y, Hu K, et al. Molecular detection and characterization of spotted fever group rickettsiae in Taiwan. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007;77:883-90 pubmed..typhi may be involved in rickettsial diseases in Taiwan. ..
- Lu M, Cheng J, Lai W, Lin Y, Huang N. Fermented Antrodia cinnamomea extract protects rat PC12 cells from serum deprivation-induced apoptosis: the role of the MAPK family. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:865-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, A. cinnamomea prevented serum deprivation-induced PC12 cell apoptosis through a PKA-dependent pathway and by suppression of JNK and p38 activities. ..
- Chang C, Hung W, Chang H. The Kazal motifs of RECK protein inhibit MMP-9 secretion and activity and reduce metastasis of lung cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:2781-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, K23 reduced metastatic tumor growth in lungs of nude mice. Taken together, our results suggest that the K23 motifs of RECK protein can inhibit MMP-9 secretion and activity and attenuate metastasis of lung cancer cells. ..
- Chen S, Sato N, Yoshida M, Satoh N, Ueda S. Effects of Bupleurum scorzoneraefolium, Bupleurum falcatum, and saponins on nephrotoxic serum nephritis in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;116:397-402 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of action of saikosaponin c and the reasons for the difference between the two bupleuri species should be investigated further in order to find the best way to utilize the therapeutic effect of Bupleuri radix on nephritis. ..
- Lin J, Tsai R, Lin Y, Lee M, Cherng C, Wong C, et al. Amitriptyline pretreatment preserves the antinociceptive effect of morphine in pertussis toxin-treated rats by lowering CSF excitatory amino acid concentrations and reversing the downregulation of glutamate transporters. Brain Res. 2008;1232:61-9 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms involve suppression of the increase in EAA concentrations in spinal CSF dialysates and reversion of GT expression in PTX-treated rats. ..
- Chen K, Yang C, Cheng J, Wu C, Sy W, Lin C. Altered neuronatin expression in the rat dorsal root ganglion after sciatic nerve transection. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17:41 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that there was significant correlation between mechanical hyperalgesia in axotomy of sciatic nerve and the increased expression of Nnat in C-fiber and A-delta fiber of adult DRG neurons. ..
- Tsai C, Rowhani A, Golino D, Daane K, Almeida R. Mealybug transmission of Grapevine leafroll viruses: an analysis of virus-vector specificity. Phytopathology. 2010;100:830-4 pubmed publisher..This is especially important given the increasing importance of grapevine leafroll disease spread by mealybugs in vineyards worldwide...
- Tseng W, Yen C, Tsai M. A bundled microwire array for long-term chronic single-unit recording in deep brain regions of behaving rats. J Neurosci Methods. 2011;201:368-76 pubmed publisher..This methodology is useful for the studies that require long term and high quality unit recording in the deep brain or in the trigeminal system. ..
- Tseng Y, Tsai Y, Tseng M, Hsu K, Yang M, Huang K, et al. Notch2-induced COX-2 expression enhancing gastric cancer progression. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:939-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study is the first to demonstrate that the Notch2-COX-2 signaling axis plays an important role in controlling gastric cancer progression. ..
- Balbo P, Wang E, Tsai M. Kinetic mechanism of active site assembly and chemical catalysis of DNA polymerase ?. Biochemistry. 2011;50:9865-75 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results represent significant advancement in the kinetic mechanism of Pol ? and also reconcile some computational and experimental findings. ..
- Yang H, Hsu C, Yang J, Yang W. Monodansylpentane as a blue-fluorescent lipid-droplet marker for multi-color live-cell imaging. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32693 pubmed publisher..Taken together MDH represents a reliable tool to use for the investigation of dynamic LD regulation within living cells using fluorescence microscopy. ..
- Yang S, Shiao S. Oviposition preferences of two forensically important blow fly species, Chrysomya megacephala and C. rufifacies (Diptera: Calliphoridae), and implications for postmortem interval estimation. J Med Entomol. 2012;49:424-35 pubmed..Our studies point out the effects of some biotic and abiotic factors which were previously overlooked, and remind us to reevaluate these effects on oviposition, especially when using insect developmental data to estimate PMIs...
- Huang Y, Yang Y, Tiao M, Kuo H, Huang L, Chuang J. Hepcidin protects against lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in a mouse model of obstructive jaundice. Peptides. 2012;35:212-7 pubmed publisher..Enhanced autophagy and reduced apoptosis may account for the protective effects of hepcidin. ..
- Lai C, Li S, Miyauchi Y, Suzawa M, Ho C, Pan M. Potent anti-cancer effects of citrus peel flavonoids in human prostate xenograft tumors. Food Funct. 2013;4:944-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that GL is an effective anti-cancer agent that may potentially serve as a novel therapeutic option for prostate cancer treatment...
- Liu P, Chen Y, Lin H, Ni W, Hsieh T, Chen H, et al. Induction of mouse melioidosis with meningitis by CD11b+ phagocytic cells harboring intracellular B. pseudomallei as a Trojan horse. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2363 pubmed publisher..We suggest that B. pseudomallei-infected CD11b(+) selectin-expressing cells act as a Trojan horse and are able to transmigrate across endothelial cells, resulting in melioidosis with meningitis. ..
- Chang H, Huang Y, Chen C, Chen Y, Huang Y, Su J, et al. In vitro and in vivo activity of a novel sorafenib derivative SC5005 against MRSA. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:449-59 pubmed publisher..In light of its high potency in suppressing MRSA in both in vitro and in vivo models, SC5005 represents a potential lead agent for continued preclinical development as a therapeutic intervention against MRSA. ..
- Lin C, Kuan W, Liao B, Deng A, Tseng D, Hwang P. Environmental and cortisol-mediated control of Ca(2+) uptake in tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus). J Comp Physiol B. 2016;186:323-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that cortisol may activate GR and/or MR to execute its hypercalcemic action by stimulating ecac expression in tilapia. ..
- Chepyala S, Chen Y, Yan C, Lu C, Wu Y, Hsu C. Noise propagation with interlinked feed-forward pathways. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23607 pubmed publisher..Our analyses allow for better inference from network structures to noise-filtering properties, and provide insights into the mechanisms behind the precise DTC migration controls in space and time. ..
- Cheng Y, Chen Z, Liao T, Lin C, Shen H, Wang Y, et al. An intranasally delivered peptide drug ameliorates cognitive decline in Alzheimer transgenic mice. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:703-715 pubmed publisher..The modular design combining polyR and aggregate-forming segments produced a desirable therapeutic effect and could be easily adopted to design therapeutic peptides for other proteinaceous aggregate-associated diseases. ..
- Liu F, Wu S, Hu S, Hsiao C, Wang C. Specific interaction of the 70-kDa heat shock cognate protein with the tetratricopeptide repeats. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34425-32 pubmed..Using deletion mutants of these proteins, we demonstrated either by two-hybrid or in vitro binding assays that the tetratricopeptide repeat domains in these proteins are necessary and sufficient for mediating the interaction with hsc70. ..
- Chen S, Chang P, Cheng Y, Tang F, Lin Y. Suppression of the STK15 oncogenic activity requires a transactivation-independent p53 function. EMBO J. 2002;21:4491-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings revealed a novel mechanism for the tumor suppressor function of p53. ..
- Wang F, Yang K, Kuo Y, Wang C, Sheen Chen S, Huang H, et al. Temporal and spatial expression of bone morphogenetic proteins in extracorporeal shock wave-promoted healing of segmental defect. Bone. 2003;32:387-96 pubmed..BMP-7 expression was evident on osteoblasts located at endochondral ossification junction. Our findings suggest that BMP play an important role in signaling ESW-activated cell proliferation and bone regeneration of segmental defect. ..
- Sheu J, Fong T, Liu C, Shen M, Chen T, Chang Y, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in human platelets: regulation of platelet activation in in vitro and in vivo studies. Br J Pharmacol. 2004;143:193-201 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that MMP-9 is a potent inhibitor of aggregation. It may play an important role as a negative feedback regulator during platelet activation. ..
- Lee C, Chen S, Tsai S, Wang B, Liu Y, Lee H, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen induces VEGF expression through ERK, JNK and c-Jun/AP-1 activation in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:143-56 pubmed..We suggest that VEGF induced by HBO is through c-Jun/AP-1 activation, and through simultaneous activation of ERK and JNK pathways. ..
- Chiu J, Chen K, Chien T, Chiou W, Chen C, Wang J, et al. Epimedium brevicornum Maxim extract relaxes rabbit corpus cavernosum through multitargets on nitric oxide/cyclic guanosine monophosphate signaling pathway. Int J Impot Res. 2006;18:335-42 pubmed..We concluded that extract of EbM relax the CC smooth muscle through multitargets in NO/cGMP/PDE 5 pathway and might bring into perspective the treatment strategy for those patients with erectile dysfunction...
- Liu C, Liu G, Song Y, Yin F, Hensler M, Jeng W, et al. A cholesterol biosynthesis inhibitor blocks Staphylococcus aureus virulence. Science. 2008;319:1391-4 pubmed publisher..This finding represents proof of principle for a virulence factor-based therapy against S. aureus. ..
- Lee C, Sheu J. Histone H1e interacts with small hepatitis delta antigen and affects hepatitis delta virus replication. Virology. 2008;375:197-204 pubmed publisher..We conclude that histone H1e plays a significant role in HDV replication through forming protein complex with SHDAg...
- Chen H, Wu T, Juan C, Lin H. Myocardial heat shock protein 60 expression in insulin-resistant and diabetic rats. J Endocrinol. 2009;200:151-7 pubmed publisher..Once the high-fructose-fed rats developed diabetes with insulin deficiency, the myocardial HSPD1 expression decreased in spite of persistent hypertension. ..
- Lin C, Chen W, Lee H, Yang P, Yang H, Tsai H. The transcription factor Six1a plays an essential role in the craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;331:152-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we proposed four putative regulatory pathways to understand how six1a distinctly interacts with either myf5 or myod during zebrafish craniofacial muscle development. ..
- Lin L, Hedman T, Wang S, Huoh M, Chang S. The analysis of axisymmetric viscoelasticity, time-dependent recovery, and hydration in rat tail intervertebral discs by radial compression test. J Appl Biomech. 2009;25:133-9 pubmed..Complete relaxation recovery was found to take 20 min, whereas creep recovery required 25 min. Hydration was required for obtaining viscoelastic axisymmetry and complete viscoelastic recovery. ..
- Lin Y, Chen T, Tseng H, Lee M, Chen S. Neural cell protective compounds isolated from Phoenix hanceana var. formosana. Phytochemistry. 2009;70:1173-81 pubmed publisher..Hence, isovitexin (2), luteolin-7-O-beta-d-glucopyranoside (4), and (+)-catechin (8) protected PC12 cells from 6-OHDA-induced apoptotic neurotoxicity. ..
- Cheng W, Lu P, Ho W, Tung C, Cheng P, Hsiao M, et al. Angiotensin II inhibits neuronal nitric oxide synthase activation through the ERK1/2-RSK signaling pathway to modulate central control of blood pressure. Circ Res. 2010;106:788-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the ERK1/2-RSK-nNOS signaling pathway may play a significant role in Ang II-mediated central blood pressure regulation. ..
- Cheng S, Chuang C, Wang S, Wen Z, Chiou S, Hsu C, et al. Antiviral and anti-inflammatory diterpenoids from the soft coral Sinularia gyrosa. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1184-7 pubmed publisher..6 and 3.7 microM, respectively. In addition, compounds 1 and 2 showed significant anti-inflammatory activity by reducing the levels of the COX-2 protein (19.6 + or - 3.9% and 29.1 + or - 9.6%, respectively) in RAW 264.7 macrophages...
- Sheu J, Sun C, Chang L, Fang H, Chung S, Chua S, et al. Shock wave-pretreated bone marrow cells further improve left ventricular function after myocardial infarction in rabbits. Ann Vasc Surg. 2010;24:809-21 pubmed publisher..005). Application of SW-treated autologous BMDMNCs is superior to BMDMNCs alone for preserving LV function after AMI. ..
- Yen D, Chen L, Shen Y, Chiu Y, Ho I, Lou Y, et al. Protein kinase A-dependent neuronal nitric oxide synthase activation mediates the enhancement of baroreflex response by adrenomedullin in the nucleus tractus solitarii of rats. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:32 pubmed publisher..The novel finding of this study is that the signal transduction cascade that underlies the enhancement of BRR response by ADM in NTS is composed sequentially of cAMP/PKA and nNOS/PKG pathways. ..
- Liu L, Lin S, Chen C, Chen Y, Tai C, Chang S, et al. Serum amyloid A induces lipolysis by downregulating perilipin through ERK1/2 and PKA signaling pathways. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011;19:2301-9 pubmed publisher..The finding could lead to developing new strategies for reducing human obesity. ..
- Peng J, Lin C, Chen Y, Kao L, Liu Y, Chou C, et al. Automatic morphological subtyping reveals new roles of caspases in mitochondrial dynamics. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1002212 pubmed publisher..This system is not only of value to the mitochondrial field, but also applicable to the investigation of other subcellular organelle morphology. ..
- Yeh S, Pan H, Lin C, Kao Y, Chen Y, Lin C. Hyperglycemia induced down-regulation of renal P-glycoprotein expression. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;690:42-50 pubmed publisher..Hyperglycemia induced reactive oxygen species and activated PKC in MDCK-II cells, leading to the decrease in P-glycoprotein expression. ..
- Shyu K, Wang B, Wu G, Lin C, Chang H. Mechanical stretch via transforming growth factor-?1 activates microRNA208a to regulate endoglin expression in cultured rat cardiac myoblasts. Eur J Heart Fail. 2013;15:36-45 pubmed publisher..Cyclic mechanical stretch enhances miR208a expression in cultured rat cardiac myoblasts. The stretch-induced miR208a is mediated by TGF-?1. Mir208a activates endoglin expression and may result in cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Liu C, Shiau C, Kuo H, Huang H, Chen M, Tzeng C, et al. Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A determines bortezomib-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. Haematologica. 2013;98:729-38 pubmed publisher..Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A was expressed in leukemic blasts from bone marrow samples. Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A plays a major role in mediating bortezomib-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. ..
- Huang M, Lee J, Chang Y, Tsai H, Lin Y, Lin A, et al. MEK inhibitors reverse resistance in epidermal growth factor receptor mutation lung cancer cells with acquired resistance to gefitinib. Mol Oncol. 2013;7:112-20 pubmed publisher..Combined treatment of gefitinib and MEK inhibitors may be therapeutically useful for acquired gefitinib-resistance lung adenocarcinoma cells harboring EGFR mutations. ..
- Tsai H, Lee W, Wang P, Cheng K, Chen Y, Shen S. Propionibacterium acnes-induced iNOS and COX-2 protein expression via ROS-dependent NF-?B and AP-1 activation in macrophages. J Dermatol Sci. 2013;69:122-31 pubmed publisher..However, effect of P. acnes on iNOS/NO and COX-2/PGE2 production in macrophages is still uninvestigated...
- Hsiao H, Chen Y, Chen H, Tu P, Chern Y. A critical role of astrocyte-mediated nuclear factor-?B-dependent inflammation in Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:1826-42 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic interventions aimed at preventing neuronal inflammation may be an important strategy for treating HD...
- Lin M, Wu S, Wang H, Liu R, Chen J. Â¹Â¹Â¹In-DOTA-Annexin V for imaging of apoptosis during HSV1-tk/GCV prodrug activation gene therapy in mice with NG4TL4 sarcoma. Appl Radiat Isot. 2016;108:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that (111)In-DOTA-Annexin V can be used for monitoring tumor cell apoptosis during prodrug activation gene therapy with HSV1-tk and GCV for cancer treatment. ..
- Huang Y, Kuo H. Anemia in Kawasaki Disease: Hepcidin as a Potential Biomarker. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This review focuses on hepcidin-induced iron deficiency's relation to transient hyposideremia, anemia, and disease outcomes in KD patients, and goes on to suggest possible routes of further study. ..
- Tsao D, Wu C, Lin Y. Molecular cloning of bovine telomerase RNA. Gene. 1998;221:51-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that bTR is the RNA component of bovine telomerase. ..
- Hsu C, Chi B, Casida J. Melatonin reduces phosphine-induced lipid and DNA oxidation in vitro and in vivo in rat brain. J Pineal Res. 2002;32:53-8 pubmed..It is concluded that melatonin, probably because of its free radical scavenging ability, confers marked protection against PH(3)-induced oxidative toxicity in brain...
- Chang H, Liu L, Hung W. Involvement of histone deacetylation in ras-induced down-regulation of the metastasis suppressor RECK. Cell Signal. 2004;16:675-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that oncogenic ras represses RECK expression via a histone deacetylation mechanism. ..
- Cheng M, Chuang C, Lin J, Hwang J. Cardiopulmonary response to vasopressin-induced activation on V1A receptors in the lateral ventrolateral medulla in the rat. Chin J Physiol. 2004;47:31-42 pubmed..These results suggest that a vasopressinergic pathway projects to the lateral VLM and modulates cardiopulmonary functions via AVP V1A receptors on neurons within the lateral VLM. ..
- Ting J, Wu M, Tsai C, Lin C, Guo I, Chang C. Identification and characterization of a novel gene of grouper iridovirus encoding a purine nucleoside phosphorylase. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:2883-92 pubmed..In conclusion, this is the first report of a viral PNP with enzymic activity...
- Tseng C, Fong C, Chen W, Hou Y, Wang I, Hu F. Overnight orthokeratology-associated microbial keratitis. Cornea. 2005;24:778-82 pubmed..Acanthamoeba and Gram-negative bacilli, especially Pseudomonas aeruginosa, are the most common pathogens in our series. The risk of microbial keratitis after overnight orthokeratology should not be overlooked. ..
- Kuo C, Lin W, Liang C, Liang S. Class I and III phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase play distinct roles in TLR signaling pathway. J Immunol. 2006;176:5943-9 pubmed..These results suggest that class I and class III PI3K play distinct roles in not only the uptake of CpG ODN, but also responses elicited by CpG ODN and LPS. ..
- Lee Y, Leu S, Hung H, Wu H, Huang I, Hsieh W, et al. A dominant antigenic epitope on SARS-CoV spike protein identified by an avian single-chain variable fragment (scFv)-expressing phage. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007;117:75-85 pubmed..Based on the results, we conclude that generating specific scFv-expressing phage binders with the phage display system can be successfully achieved and that this knowledge can be applied in clinical or academic research. ..
- Chen S, Cheng H, Barbash D, Yang H. Evolution of hydra, a recently evolved testis-expressed gene with nine alternative first exons in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e107 pubmed..We also suggest that late-stage spermatogenesis is the functional target for newly evolved and rapidly evolving male-specific genes. ..
- Liao W, Tsai H, Wang H, Chang J, Lu K, Wu H, et al. Modular patterning of structure and function of the striatum by retinoid receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6765-70 pubmed publisher..RARbeta signaling thus plays a crucial role in setting up striatal compartments that may engage in neural circuits of psychomotor control. ..
- Chang H, Chang M, Lin L, Lee J, Wang T, Huang C, et al. The mechanisms of cytotoxicity of urethane dimethacrylate to Chinese hamster ovary cells. Biomaterials. 2010;31:6917-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that UDMA toxicity is associated with ROS production, GSH depletion, cell cycle disturbance and cell apoptosis/necrosis. ..
- Lin M, Yang Y, Chen Y, Hua K, Lu C, Sheu F, et al. A novel exopolysaccharide from the biofilm of Thermus aquaticus YT-1 induces the immune response through Toll-like receptor 2. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:17736-45 pubmed publisher..TA-1, as a TLR2 agonist, could possibly be used as an adjuvant and could enhance cytokine release, which increases the immune response. Furthermore, TA-1 induced cytokine release is dependent on MyD88/TIRAP...
- Huang Y, Wang P, Tiao M, Chou M, Du Y, Huang C, et al. Glucocorticoid modulates high-mobility group box 1 expression and Toll-like receptor activation in obstructive jaundice. J Surg Res. 2011;170:e47-55 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that obstructive jaundice may induce hepatic HMGB1 expression with activation of TLR4 and a number of downstream signaling molecules, which can be reversed by glucocorticoid administration. ..
- Lai C, Tsai M, Badmaev V, Jimenez M, Ho C, Pan M. Xanthigen suppresses preadipocyte differentiation and adipogenesis through down-regulation of PPAR? and C/EBPs and modulation of SIRT-1, AMPK, and FoxO pathways. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:1094-101 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Xanthigen suppresses adipocyte differentiation and lipid accumulation through multiple mechanisms and may have applications for the treatment of obesity. ..
- Wang S, Yeh S, Lin W, Yeh K, Yuan Q, Xia N, et al. Estrogen receptor ? represses transcription of HBV genes via interaction with hepatocyte nuclear factor 4?. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:989-998.e4 pubmed publisher..These findings might account for the lower viral load and reduced incidence of liver cancer in HBV-infected women than men. ..
- Wu Y, Liu C, Chen Y, Chen R, Huang C, Wang I. Blood vessel epicardial substance (Bves) regulates epidermal tight junction integrity through atypical protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39887-97 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a loss of zBves affects the proteins involved in the pathway of the PAR junctional complex, especially aPKC, and both aPKC and Bves are indispensable to claudin expression. ..
- Chen T, Kuro O M, Chen C, Sue Y, Chen Y, Wu H, et al. The secreted Klotho protein restores phosphate retention and suppresses accelerated aging in Klotho mutant mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;698:67-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, soluble Klotho treatment significantly reduced both renal and aorta calcium deposits. In conclusion, our study shows the therapeutic potential of soluble Klotho protein to treat age-related disorders in mice. ..
- Chen N, Huang S, Chen W, Chen C, Lu C, Chen C, et al. TGF-?1 attenuates spinal neuroinflammation and the excitatory amino acid system in rats with neuropathic pain. J Pain. 2013;14:1671-85 pubmed publisher..t. TGF-?1 was designed to be administered 2 weeks after the establishment of CCI pain. Compared to the continuous TGF-?1 infusion mode, single-dose administration seems more convenient and practical to use. ..
- Han Y, Cui Z, Li Y, Hsu W, Lee B. In Vitro and in Vivo Anticancer Activity of Pardaxin against Proliferation and Growth of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Mar Drugs. 2015;14:2 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that pardaxin is a potential marine drug for adjuvant chemotherapy for human OSCC and oral cancer. ..
- Hsueh T, Ho J, Lin L, Chiu A, Lin C, Tsai T. Herb-drug interaction of Epimedium extract on the pharmacokinetic of dapoxetine in rats. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1014:64-9 pubmed publisher..The oral bioavailability of dapoxetine was about 75% in rats. ..
- Chang H, Tain Y. Postnatal dexamethasone-induced programmed hypertension is related to the regulation of melatonin and its receptors. Steroids. 2016;108:1-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings would offer potential therapeutic approaches to prevent programmed hypertension in premature baby receiving glucocorticoids. ..
- Hsu C, Chiang S, Chang Y, Chen Y, Yang D, Chen Y, et al. Lychee flower extract inhibits proliferation and viral replication of HSV-1-infected corneal epithelial cells. Mol Vis. 2016;22:129-37 pubmed..Therefore, in this study, we investigated the mechanism of the Statens Seruminstitut rabbit corneal (SIRC) epithelial cells infected by HSV-1 and examined the antiviral capabilities of LFE...
- Gu S, Yeh T, Lin S, Peng F. Unfractionated bone marrow cells attenuate paraquat-induced glomerular injury and acute renal failure by modulating the inflammatory response. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23287 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a platform to investigate PQ-induced AKI and repeated BMCs injection represents an efficient therapeutic strategy...
- Duh C, El Gamal A, Song P, Wang S, Dai C. Steroids and sesquiterpenoids from the soft corals Dendronephthya gigantea and Lemnalia cervicorni. J Nat Prod. 2004;67:1650-3 pubmed..Their structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR spectral analysis, and their cytotoxicity against selected cancer cells was measured in vitro. ..
- Cheng T, Chen B, Chan L, Wu P, Chern J, Roffler S. Poly(ethylene glycol) modification of beta-glucuronidase-antibody conjugates for solid-tumor therapy by targeted activation of glucuronide prodrugs. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1997;44:305-15 pubmed..Combined treatment with a control antibody-betaG conjugate and BHAMG delayed tumor growth and cured two of six mice while treatment with pHAM or BHAMG alone was ineffective. ..
- Hsieh C, Liu L, Tsai S, Tam M. Characterization and cloning of avian-hepatic glutathione S-transferases. Biochem J. 1999;343 Pt 1:87-93 pubmed..Clones that encompass the complete coding regions of cGSTA3 and cGSTA4 were obtained. A clone encoding the C-terminal 187 residues of cGSTA5 was also isolated. ..
- Yuan S, Yeh Y, Lee E. Pax-2 interacts with RB and reverses its repression on the promoter of Rig-1, a Robo member. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:1019-25 pubmed..In summary, the ubiquitous tumor suppressor RB and the neuron-enriched transcription factor Pax-2 may play a role in the regulation of Rig-1 expression during embryogenesis. ..
- Lee W, Liu C, Juan S, Liang Y, Ho P, Lee Y. Molecular mechanism of progesterone-induced antiproliferation in rat aortic smooth muscle cells. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2785-90 pubmed..In conclusion, these data suggest that progesterone inhibits RASMCs proliferation by increasing the levels of p21 and p27 protein, which in turn inhibit CDK2 kinase activity, and finally interrupt the cell cycle. ..
- Ko H, Wei B, Chiou W. Dual regulatory effect of plant extracts of Forsythia suspense on RANTES and MCP-1 secretion in influenza A virus-infected human bronchial epithelial cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;102:418-23 pubmed..6-3.7 times. These results suggested that Forsythia suspense consisted of both negative and positive regulatory components on RANTES and MCP-1 secretion in H1N1-infected A549 cells, respectively...
- Chen F, Peng C, Tsai I, Chen I. Antitubercular constituents from the stem wood of Cinnamomum kotoense. J Nat Prod. 2005;68:1318-23 pubmed..The known butanolides, isoobtusilactone A (6) and lincomolide B (7), showed in vitro antitubercular activities with MIC values of 22.48 and 10.16 microM, respectively, against Mycobacterium tuberculosis 90-221387...
- Kuo T, Chuang S, Chang S, Liang P. Ligand specificities and structural requirements of two Tachypleus plasma lectins for bacterial trapping. Biochem J. 2006;393:757-66 pubmed..A model describing TPL-2 binding with LPS is proposed. These two plasma lectins that have different ligand specificities can be used for the detection and discrimination of bacteria and removal of endotoxins...
- Chen Y, Hsiao Y, Lin H, Liu Y, Chen Y. CpG-modified plasmid DNA encoding flagellin improves immunogenicity and provides protection against Burkholderia pseudomallei infection in BALB/c mice. Infect Immun. 2006;74:1699-705 pubmed..pseudomallei infection. This CpG-modified plasmid DNA vaccination is an important potential strategy that should be developed to protect against melioidosis. ..
- Su L, Hsu S, Yang J, Tseng H, Huang S, Huang C. Global gene expression profiling of dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver fibrosis: from pathological and biochemical data to microarray analysis. Gene Expr. 2006;13:107-32 pubmed..A public accessible website is available at http://LiverFibrosis.nchc.org.tw:8080/LF. ..
- Yu S, Shun C, Chen T, Chen Y. 3-O-beta-D-glucosyl-(1-->6)-beta-D-glucosyl-kaempferol isolated from Sauropus androgenus reduces body weight gain in Wistar rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:2510-3 pubmed..Thus, GGK may be potentially to be developed as a safe and novel compound for anti-obesity treatment. ..
- Chao T, Chang C, Shih H. SUMO modification modulates the transrepression activity of PLZF. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:475-82 pubmed..These results reveal an important role of SUMO modification in PLZF-mediated transcriptional repression. ..
- Hsu L, Chen C, Nakano T, Lai C, Chiang K, Lin Y, et al. The role of a nuclear protein, histone H1, on signalling pathways for the maturation of dendritic cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;152:576-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the translocation of histone H1 from nuclei to cytoplasm and the release of their own histone H1 are necessary for the maturation of DCs and the activation for T lymphocytes. ..
- Liu T, Liang K. Posttraining infusion of cholinergic drugs into the ventral subiculum modulated memory in an inhibitory avoidance task: interaction with the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2009;91:235-42 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that in an inhibitory avoidance task muscarinic activation of the vSUB modulated memory formation by interacting with the BNST glutamatergic and noradrenergic functions. ..
- Chang T, Liao C, Huang Y, Chang C, Chou C, Tsay H, et al. Prevalence of Enterobius vermicularis Infection among preschool children in kindergartens of Taipei City, Taiwan in 2008. Korean J Parasitol. 2009;47:185-7 pubmed publisher..62%, 27/4,349) in the present study was unchanged compared to that (0.40%, 197/49,541) previously reported in 2005, we propose that regular pinworm screening and treatment programs should be continued in some parts of Taipei City. ..
- Chow T, Lin Y, Hwang J, Wang H, Tseng Y, Pang V, et al. Therapeutic efficacy evaluation of 111In-labeled PEGylated liposomal vinorelbine in murine colon carcinoma with multimodalities of molecular imaging. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:2073-81 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to investigate the real therapeutic effectiveness of 6 mol% PEG (111)In-vinorelbine liposomes via the elevation of the radiation dosage and reduction in the concentration of chemotherapeutic agents...
- Chou J, Leu J. Speciation through cytonuclear incompatibility: insights from yeast and implications for higher eukaryotes. Bioessays. 2010;32:401-11 pubmed publisher..Direct molecular analyses of the incompatible genes in yeasts have started to shed light on the evolutionary forces driving speciation...