Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taiwan
Publications709 found, 100 shown here
- Yu S, Shun C, Chen T, Chen Y. 3-O-beta-D-glucosyl-(1-->6)-beta-D-glucosyl-kaempferol isolated from Sauropus androgenus reduces body weight gain in Wistar rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:2510-3 pubmed..Thus, GGK may be potentially to be developed as a safe and novel compound for anti-obesity treatment. ..
- Chao T, Chang C, Shih H. SUMO modification modulates the transrepression activity of PLZF. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:475-82 pubmed..These results reveal an important role of SUMO modification in PLZF-mediated transcriptional repression. ..
- Hsu L, Chen C, Nakano T, Lai C, Chiang K, Lin Y, et al. The role of a nuclear protein, histone H1, on signalling pathways for the maturation of dendritic cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;152:576-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the translocation of histone H1 from nuclei to cytoplasm and the release of their own histone H1 are necessary for the maturation of DCs and the activation for T lymphocytes. ..
- Liu T, Liang K. Posttraining infusion of cholinergic drugs into the ventral subiculum modulated memory in an inhibitory avoidance task: interaction with the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2009;91:235-42 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that in an inhibitory avoidance task muscarinic activation of the vSUB modulated memory formation by interacting with the BNST glutamatergic and noradrenergic functions. ..
- Chang T, Liao C, Huang Y, Chang C, Chou C, Tsay H, et al. Prevalence of Enterobius vermicularis Infection among preschool children in kindergartens of Taipei City, Taiwan in 2008. Korean J Parasitol. 2009;47:185-7 pubmed publisher..62%, 27/4,349) in the present study was unchanged compared to that (0.40%, 197/49,541) previously reported in 2005, we propose that regular pinworm screening and treatment programs should be continued in some parts of Taipei City. ..
- Chow T, Lin Y, Hwang J, Wang H, Tseng Y, Pang V, et al. Therapeutic efficacy evaluation of 111In-labeled PEGylated liposomal vinorelbine in murine colon carcinoma with multimodalities of molecular imaging. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:2073-81 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to investigate the real therapeutic effectiveness of 6 mol% PEG (111)In-vinorelbine liposomes via the elevation of the radiation dosage and reduction in the concentration of chemotherapeutic agents...
- Chou J, Leu J. Speciation through cytonuclear incompatibility: insights from yeast and implications for higher eukaryotes. Bioessays. 2010;32:401-11 pubmed publisher..Direct molecular analyses of the incompatible genes in yeasts have started to shed light on the evolutionary forces driving speciation...
- Chou C, Hsu C, Wang Y, Chang M, Chen L, Cheng S, et al. Biochemical and structural properties of zebrafish Capsulin produced by Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2011;75:21-7 pubmed publisher..The present study not only helps us to comparatively analyze capsulin genes across species, but it also provides valuable structural information for further studies of Capsulin biological function in the future. ..
- Chen Y, Lee S, Chou C, Tsai H. Detection of florfenicol resistance genes in Riemerella anatipestifer isolated from ducks and geese. Vet Microbiol. 2012;154:325-31 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of presence of the floR and bla(OXA-209) resistance genes in R. anatipestifer. ..
- Cheng C, Chung H, Hwang T, Lu M, Wen Z, Kuo Y, et al. Echinoclerodane A: a new bioactive clerodane-type diterpenoid from a gorgonian coral Echinomuricea sp. Molecules. 2012;17:9443-50 pubmed publisher..Echinoclerodane A (1) exhibited moderate cytotoxicity toward MOLT-4, HL-60, DLD-1 and LoVo tumor cells and inhibitory effects on the generation of superoxide anion and the release of elastase by human neutrophils. ..
- Wang H, Chiang B. Anti-diabetic effect of a traditional Chinese medicine formula. Food Funct. 2012;3:1161-9 pubmed publisher..The contents of berberine and 1-deoxynojirimycin in the formula were 4.7 ± 0.4 and 77.1 ± 1.1 ?g mL(-1), respectively. These two compounds can be used as indicators for quality control during production. ..
- Lo Y, Sung K, Chiu C, Wang L. Chemically conjugating polyethylenimine with chondroitin sulfate to promote CD44-mediated endocytosis for gene delivery. Mol Pharm. 2013;10:664-76 pubmed publisher..The good uptake of CP(L)/pDNA into U87 cells was primarily based on clatherin-dependent and CD44-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Lin Y, Jean Y, Lee H, Chen W, Sun Y, Su J, et al. A soft coral-derived compound, 11-epi-sinulariolide acetate suppresses inflammatory response and bone destruction in adjuvant-induced arthritis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62926 pubmed publisher..Based on its attenuation of the expression of proinflammatory proteins and disease progression in AIA rats, the marine-derived compound Ya-s11 may serve as a useful therapeutic agent for the treatment of RA. ..
- Shih F, Chen T, Lu M, Chen W, Wen Z, Kuo Y, et al. Cladieunicellins K and L, new eunicellin-based diterpenoids from an octocoral Cladiella sp. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:21781-9 pubmed publisher..The structures of 1 and 2 were elucidated by spectroscopic methods and 2 exhibited moderate cytotoxicity towards the MOLT-4 human leukemia. ..
- Chen Y, Yang S, Hueng D, Syu J, Liao C, Wu Y. Cordycepin induces apoptosis of C6 glioma cells through the adenosine 2A receptor-p53-caspase-7-PARP pathway. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;216:17-25 pubmed publisher..These may provide a new strategy of cordycepin for glioma therapy in the future. ..
- Chang S, Liu H, Fukuda H, Maunder M. Data reconstruction can improve abundance index estimation: An example using Taiwanese longline data for Pacific bluefin tuna. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185784 pubmed publisher..The last stage of evaluation revealed high consistency among the data, thus demonstrating improvements in data reconstruction for estimating the abundance index, and consequently the stock assessment...
- Huang Y, Lin H, Chang Y, Yang Y, Lee S, Hong C. Hemodynamic effects of synephrine treatment in portal hypertensive rats. Jpn J Pharmacol. 2001;85:183-8 pubmed..Our results showed that eight-day administration of synephrine exerted beneficial hemodynamic effects in two models of portal hypertensive rats...
- Chang K, Duh C, Chen I, Tsai I. A cytotoxic butenolide, two new dolabellane diterpenoids, a chroman and a benzoquinol derivative formosan Casearia membranacea. Planta Med. 2003;69:667-72 pubmed..The structures of these compounds were determined by means of spectroscopic techniques, and the structure of 3 was confirmed by X-ray crystallographic analysis...
- Huang K, Ko T, Hung C, Chu J, Wang A, Chiou S. Crystal structure of a platelet-agglutinating factor isolated from the venom of Taiwan habu (Trimeresurus mucrosquamatus). Biochem J. 2004;378:399-407 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, this interesting venom factor may provide a useful tool to study platelet agglutination by binding to the GPIb-IX-V complex...
- Chen S, Huang C, Chien C, Jeng C, Su H, Chiang E, et al. Cross-linking of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 induces death of activated T cells. Blood. 2004;104:3233-42 pubmed..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel role for PSGL-1 in controlling activated T-cell death and, thus, advances our understanding of immune regulation. ..
- Chung T, Wang S, Wu J. 17beta-estradiol reduces the effect of metabolic inhibition on gap junction intercellular communication in rat cardiomyocytes via the estrogen receptor. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2004;37:1013-22 pubmed..These results suggest that E2 attenuates the inhibitory effect of MI on GJIC in cardiomyocytes by affecting the phosphorylation of Cx43, possibly mediated by activation of PKC via a membrane-associated signaling mechanism. ..
- Chan J, Wu C, Tsai C, Cheng H, Dai K, Chan S, et al. Transcriptional up-regulation of nitric oxide synthase II by nuclear factor-kappaB at rostral ventrolateral medulla in a rat mevinphos intoxication model of brain stem death. J Physiol. 2007;581:1293-307 pubmed
- Tung Y, Chua M, Wang S, Chang S. Anti-inflammation activities of essential oil and its constituents from indigenous cinnamon (Cinnamomum osmophloeum) twigs. Bioresour Technol. 2008;99:3908-13 pubmed..These findings demonstrated that essential oil of C. osmophloeum twigs have excellent anti-inflammatory activities and thus have great potential to be used as a source for natural health products...
- Weng T, Shen C, Chiu Y, Lin Y, Kuo C, Huang Y. Inhibitory effects of armepavine against hepatic fibrosis in rats. J Biomed Sci. 2009;16:78 pubmed publisher..Our study results showed that Arm exerted both in vitro and in vivo antifibrotic effects in rats, possibly through anti-NF-kappaB activation pathways. ..
- Chia J, Du J, Hsu W, Sun A, Chiang C, Wang W. Inhibition of metastasis, angiogenesis, and tumor growth by Chinese herbal cocktail Tien-Hsien Liquid. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:175 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that THL had broad-spectra anti-cancer activities and merits further evaluation for its use in cancer therapy. ..
- Tang S, Yang T, Lin W, Chang W, Wang C, Lai M, et al. Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase induces cellular invasion through activating matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in clear cell renal cell carcinoma cells. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:138-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study suggests that NNMT has a crucial role in cellular invasion via activating PI3K/Akt/SP1/MMP-2 pathway in ccRCC. ..
- Ng C, Wu P, Foley J, Foley A, McDonald M, Juan W, et al. The chicken frizzle feather is due to an ?-keratin (KRT75) mutation that causes a defective rachis. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002748 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed KRT75 as the F gene. This study demonstrates the potential of our approach for identifying genetic determinants of feather forms. ..
- Chien H, Wang H, Su Y, Lai K, Lu L, Chen P, et al. Targeted disruption in mice of a neural stem cell-maintaining, KRAB-Zn finger-encoding gene that has rapidly evolved in the human lineage. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47481 pubmed publisher..We propose that M003-A06 is likely one of the genes contributing to the uniqueness of the human brain in comparison to other higher primates. ..
- Chou H, Lai D, Huang C, McLennan I, Wang H, Wang P. BMP4 is a peripherally-derived factor for motor neurons and attenuates glutamate-induced excitotoxicity in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58441 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that BMP4 is a peripherally-derived factor that may regulate the survival of motor neurons. ..
- Chang K, Huang Y, Wong Z, Su P, Huang B, Ju T, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-2 up-regulates the expression of nestin through the Ras-Raf-ERK-Sp1 signaling axis in C6 glioma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:854-60 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into the regulation of nestin in glial system and enable the further studies on the function of nestin in glial cells. ..
- Luo C, Lin H, Chen Y. A novel heat-labile phospholipid-binding protein, SVS VII, in mouse seminal vesicle as a sperm motility enhancer. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6913-21 pubmed..The SVS VII-sperm binding greatly enhanced sperm motility but did not induce sperm capacitation. Heating the protein solution for 10 min at 90 degrees C unfolded the protein molecule, and the unfolded SVS VII immobilized the sperm. ..
- Chang L, Kau M, Wun W, Ho L, Wang P. Effects of fasting on corticosterone production by zona fasciculata-reticularis cells in ovariectomized rats. J Investig Med. 2002;50:86-94 pubmed..To investigate the function and mechanism of fasting on the production of corticosterone in vitro by zona fasciculata-reticularis (ZFR) cells from ovariectomized (OVX) rats...
- Wu S, Liu T, Lin Y, Sytwu H, Juan H, Chen S, et al. Immunomodulatory effect of decoy receptor 3 on the differentiation and function of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells in nonobese diabetic mice: from regulatory mechanism to clinical implication. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;75:293-306 pubmed
- Wang Y, Tsang Y, Chi C, Chang C, Chu R, Chi K. Synergistic anti-tumor effect of combination radio- and immunotherapy by electro-gene therapy plus intra-tumor injection of dendritic cells. Cancer Lett. 2008;266:275-85 pubmed publisher..However, the role of i.t. DC became significant when radiation was given after immunotherapy, which may have clinical implications on achieving better local control and prevention of systemic relapse. ..
- Lin Y, Li J, Chang C, Lu Y, Hwang J, Tseng Y, et al. Evaluation of pharmacokinetics of 111In-labeled VNB-PEGylated liposomes after intraperitoneal and intravenous administration in a tumor/ascites mouse model. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2009;24:453-60 pubmed publisher..v. route. This study demonstrates that i.p. administration is a better approach than i.v. injection for IVNBPL, when applied to the treatment of i.p. malignant disease in a tumor/ascites mouse model...
- Chung H, Dai Z, Wu B, Yeh J, Chai C, Chu K, et al. The xanthine derivative KMUP-1 inhibits models of pulmonary artery hypertension via increased NO and cGMP-dependent inhibition of RhoA/Rho kinase. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:971-86 pubmed publisher..KMUP-1 decreased PAH by enhancing NO synthesis by eNOS, with consequent cGMP-dependent inhibition of RhoA/ROCK II and Ca(2+) desensitization in PASMCs. KMUP-1 has the potential to reduce vascular resistance, remodelling and RVH in PAH. ..
- Chang W, Wu J, Shyu B. Thalamic modulation of cingulate seizure activity via the regulation of gap junctions in mice thalamocingulate slice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62952 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the regulatory mechanism of deep brain stimulation in the thalamus occurs partially though gap junctions...
- Lin C, Chen T. Cysteine modification of a putative pore residue in ClC-0: implication for the pore stoichiometry of ClC chloride channels. J Gen Physiol. 2000;116:535-46 pubmed..These results showed that K165 is important for both the fast and slow gating of ClC-0. Therefore, the effects of MTS reagents on channel gating need to be carefully considered when interpreting the apparent modification rate. ..
- Chung B. Steroid deficiency syndromes in mice with targeted disruption of Cyp11a1. Endocr Res. 2002;28:575 pubmed
- Ding S, Li Y, Nestor K, Velleman S, Mersmann H. Expression of turkey transcription factors and acyl-coenzyme oxidase in different tissues and genetic populations. Poult Sci. 2003;82:17-24 pubmed..Long-term selection for increased 16-wk BW in the F line had no effect on the expression of PPARgamma, PPARalpha, and ACO. ..
- Tsai Y, Sun Y. Long-range effect of upd, a ligand for Jak/STAT pathway, on cell cycle in Drosophila eye development. Genesis. 2004;39:141-53 pubmed..Consistent with the long-range effect, we found that the extracellular Upd protein can be detected over a comparable long range, suggesting that Upd acts directly over a long distance as a signaling molecule. ..
- Fan C, Hung C, Lin Y, Li M, Su K. Enhanced expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 in inflammatory cells and secretory granules in Paneth cells in the small intestine of mice infected with Toxocara canis. Parasitol Res. 2004;94:397-404 pubmed..The significance of both effectors might be related to the host's defense against larval invasion in the intestinal phase of toxocaral infection. ..
- Fang I, Lin C, Yang C, Chen M, Yang C. Expression of CX3C chemokine, fractalkine, and its receptor CX3CR1 in experimental autoimmune anterior uveitis. Mol Vis. 2005;11:443-51 pubmed..These findings provide new insight into the molecular mechanisms of acute anterior uveitis and suggest fractalkine or NF-kappaB as a new drug target for uveitis therapy. ..
- Lin C, Tsai Y, Huang M, Lu Y, Ho C, Tseng S, et al. Inhibition of estradiol-induced mammary proliferation by dibenzoylmethane through the E2-ER-ERE-dependent pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:131-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that DBM plays an inhibitory role in E2-induced proliferations, which establishes DBM as a model molecule for studying the antiestrogenic drugs. ..
- Staniforth V, Chiu L, Yang N. Caffeic acid suppresses UVB radiation-induced expression of interleukin-10 and activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in mouse. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:1803-11 pubmed..Therefore, CA may have therapeutic potential as a topical protective agent against the deleterious effects of UVB radiation. ..
- Huang H, Chen J, Chen C, Ma M. Vitamin E attenuates crystal formation in rat kidneys: roles of renal tubular cell death and crystallization inhibitors. Kidney Int. 2006;70:699-710 pubmed..The beneficial effect of vitamin E in reducing CaOx accumulation is due to attenuation of tubular cell death and enhancement of the defensive roles of OPN and THP. ..
- Lin C, Yung R, Lee H, Chen W, Chen Y, Tsai H. Myogenic regulatory factors Myf5 and Myod function distinctly during craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;299:594-608 pubmed..On the basis of the expression patterns of myf5 and myod, we propose a model to present how Myf5 and Myod are involved in head myogenesis of zebrafish. ..
- Lee Y, Leu S, Hu C, Shih N, Huang I, Wu H, et al. Chicken single-chain variable fragments against the SARS-CoV spike protein. J Virol Methods. 2007;146:104-11 pubmed..In conclusion, the results suggest that the chicken scFv phage display system can be a potential model for mass production of high-affinity antibodies against the SARS-CoV spike protein. ..
- Tsai Y, Wang L, Yeh L. Clinical comparison of recovery from total intravenous anesthesia with propofol and inhalation anesthesia with isoflurane in dogs. J Vet Med Sci. 2007;69:1179-82 pubmed..Propofol-TIVA is suggested to be an alternative anesthetic protocol for canine practice. ..
- Kao C, Huang F. Cloning and expression of carp cathepsin Z: possible involvement in yolk metabolism. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;149:541-51 pubmed publisher..Carp cathepsin Z has proteolytic activity toward vitellogenin that could be inhibited by inhibitors specific for the proteases of papain family. The potential roles of cathepsin Z in carp eggs are discussed. ..
- Yang T, Young T. The enhancement of submandibular gland branch formation on chitosan membranes. Biomaterials. 2008;29:2501-8 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, the current study provides a larger scope to use chitosan as a biomaterial for recapitulating branching, which might be useful for the scaffold design of salivary gland regeneration. ..
- Shen K, Chang C, Lin M, Chang C. Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist restores homeostatic function and limits multiorgan damage in heatstroke. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2008;103:561-8 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that IL-1ra therapy may restore tissue blood flow and homeostatic function, and limit multiorgan dysfunction and death in heatstroke. ..
- Chen C, Chen C. A dual-scale approach toward structure prediction of retinal proteins. J Struct Biol. 2009;165:37-46 pubmed publisher..Since the crystal structure of SRI is not available in the protein data bank, the predicted structure of SRI from our dual-scale approach is compared to that obtained from homology modeling. ..
- Fu C, Lee H, Tsai H. The molecular structures and expression patterns of zebrafish troponin I genes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:348-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, using zebrafish as our system model, it is suggested that the results, as noted above, may provide more insight into the molecular structure and expression pattens of the lower vertebrate TnnI gene. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Yuan R, Pan H, Yang W, Hsu H, et al. Lin-28B expression promotes transformation and invasion in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1516-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Lin-28B regulates tumor formation and invasion in HCC through coordinated repression of the let-7/mir-98 family and induction of multiple oncogenic pathways...
- Hsiao F, Cheng C, Peng S, Huang H, Lian W, Jan M, et al. Isolation of therapeutically functional mouse bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells within 3 h by an effective single-step plastic-adherent method. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:235-48 pubmed publisher..These cells are suitable for various mechanistic and therapeutic studies in the mouse model. ..
- Tseng Y, Wang P, Lee H, Liu B, Mersmann H, Lin E, et al. Regulation of the expression of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 by polyunsaturated fatty acids in porcine adipocytes. J Anim Sci. 2010;88:3563-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we obtained the full-length porcine ACE2 cDNA sequence and found PUFA could downregulate the expression of ACE2 through its metabolites without changing the expression of their receptor in porcine adipocytes...
- Chen Y, Tsai M, Yang T, Ku A, Huang K, Huang C, et al. R26R-GR: a Cre-activable dual fluorescent protein reporter mouse. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46171 pubmed publisher..We expect this reporter mouse to have a wide application in developmental biology studies, transplantation experiments as well as cancer/stem cell lineage tracing. ..
- Tsai Y, Liliang P, Cho C, Chen J, Lu K, Liang C, et al. Delayed neurovascular inflammation after mild traumatic brain injury in rats. Brain Inj. 2013;27:361-5 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the inflammatory responses after mild TBI in rats...
- Hsu W, Lee B, Li C, Hsu Y, Pan T. Monascin and AITC attenuate methylglyoxal-induced PPAR? phosphorylation and degradation through inhibition of the oxidative stress/PKC pathway depending on Nrf2 activation. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:5996-6006 pubmed publisher..MG and AGE accumulation improved on Nrf2 activation, thereby protecting against pancreas damage. Taken together, PPAR? activation maintained pancreatic PDX-1, GCK, and insulin expression levels to regulate blood glucose levels. ..
- Liu H, Hong Y, Huang C, Chen C, Huang T, Hsueh Y. TLR7 negatively regulates dendrite outgrowth through the Myd88-c-Fos-IL-6 pathway. J Neurosci. 2013;33:11479-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests that TLR7 negatively regulates dendrite growth and influences cognition in mice. ..
- Su C, Chen T, Chang C, Chuang K, Wu C, Liu W, et al. Comparative proteomics of inhaled silver nanoparticles in healthy and allergen provoked mice. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:2783-99 pubmed publisher..Inhaled AgNPs may regulate immune responses in the lungs of both control and allergic mice. Our results suggest that immunology is a vital response to AgNPs. ..
- Chang M, Chen Y, Chiang Y, Chen T, Tang Y, Chen C, et al. Mesothelin-specific cell-based vaccine generates antigen-specific immunity and potent antitumor effects by combining with IL-12 immunomodulator. Gene Ther. 2016;23:38-49 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a Meso-VAX cell-based vaccine combined with AAV-IL-12 can generate antigen-specific immunological responses and antitumor effects on ovarian cancer. ..
- Chen T, Rotival M, Chiu L, Bagnati M, Ko J, Srivastava P, et al. Identification of Ceruloplasmin as a Gene that Affects Susceptibility to Glomerulonephritis Through Macrophage Function. Genetics. 2017;206:1139-1151 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that genetically determined Cp levels can alter susceptibility to Crgn through macrophage function and propose a new role for Cp in early macrophage activation. ..
- Yeh H, Chang H, Lu W, Lee Y, Ko Y, Severs N, et al. Age-related alteration of gap junction distribution and connexin expression in rat aortic endothelium. J Histochem Cytochem. 2000;48:1377-89 pubmed..05)]. We conclude that expression of the three connexins in aortic endothelium is age-related, implying specific intercellular communication requirements during different stages after birth. ..
- Hsu Y, Huang H, Tsaur M. Contrasting expression of Kv4.3, an A-type K+ channel, in migrating Purkinje cells and other post-migratory cerebellar neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:601-12 pubmed..3 after completing the migration. By contrasting the expression in migrating and post-migratory neurons, our results suggest that Kv4.3 may play an important role in the development of cerebellum, as well as in the mature cerebellum. ..
- Kantchev E, Chang C, Chang D. Direct Fmoc/tert-Bu solid phase synthesis of octamannosyl polylysine dendrimer-peptide conjugates. Biopolymers. 2006;84:232-40 pubmed..The products were obtained in a homogeneous state after cleavage from the resin, deprotection, and a single purification on semipreparative RP-HPLC...
- Chan J, Chan S, Dai K, Cheng H, Chou J, Chang A. Cholinergic-receptor-independent dysfunction of mitochondrial respiratory chain enzymes, reduced mitochondrial transmembrane potential and ATP depletion underlie necrotic cell death induced by the organophosphate poison mevinphos. Neuropharmacology. 2006;51:1109-19 pubmed
- Chen H, Hofman F, Kung J, Lin Y, Wu Hsieh B. Both virus and tumor necrosis factor alpha are critical for endothelium damage in a mouse model of dengue virus-induced hemorrhage. J Virol. 2007;81:5518-26 pubmed..This finding highlights the contribution of the innate immune response to dengue hemorrhage...
- Rekha R, Amali A, Her G, Yeh Y, Gong H, Hu S, et al. Thioacetamide accelerates steatohepatitis, cirrhosis and HCC by expressing HCV core protein in transgenic zebrafish Danio rerio. Toxicology. 2008;243:11-22 pubmed
- Chuang Y, Yoshimura N, Huang C, Wu M, Chiang P, Chancellor M. Intraprostatic botulinum toxin a injection inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 expression and suppresses prostatic pain on capsaicin induced prostatitis model in rat. J Urol. 2008;180:742-8 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests a potential clinical benefit of botulinum toxin A for the treatment of nonbacterial prostatitis. ..
- Lin H, Liu C, Jow G, Tang C. Toluene disrupts synaptogenesis in cultured hippocampal neurons. Toxicol Lett. 2009;184:90-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data are consistent with the idea that toluene may alter the expression and localization of essential synaptic proteins, thereby leading to a disruption of synapse formation and maintenance. ..
- Adav S, Lee D, Wang A, Ren N. Functional consortium for hydrogen production from cellobiose: concentration-to-extinction approach. Bioresour Technol. 2009;100:2546-50 pubmed publisher..In this case the functional strains of interest are more tolerant to the increased loadings of substrates than the non-functional strains...
- Chang S, Hsiao J, Sonnberg S, Chiang C, Yang M, Tzou D, et al. Poxvirus host range protein CP77 contains an F-box-like domain that is necessary to suppress NF-kappaB activation by tumor necrosis factor alpha but is independent of its host range function. J Virol. 2009;83:4140-52 pubmed publisher..Consistently, knocking down the protein level of NF-kappaB did not relieve the growth restriction of VV-hr-GFP in HeLa cells. ..
- Hou C, Hou S, Hsueh Y, Lin J, Wu H, Lin F. The in vivo performance of biomagnetic hydroxyapatite nanoparticles in cancer hyperthermia therapy. Biomaterials. 2009;30:3956-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our new magnetic hydroxyapatite nanoparticles have demonstrated therapeutic effect in a mouse model with little toxicity. Further study should be done before its application inside the human body. ..
- Tsai C, Yang L, Chen K, Chiu W. The influence of masticatory hypofunction on developing rat craniofacial structure. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;39:593-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that induction of localized masticatory muscle atrophy with BoNT/A alters craniofacial growth and development. ..
- Chen C, Doong M, Li C, Liaw W, Lee H, Chang F, et al. A novel simultaneous measurement method to assess the influence of intracerebroventricular obestatin on colonic motility and secretion in conscious rats. Peptides. 2010;31:1113-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, using our novel simultaneous measurement method, acutely central administration of obestatin exhibits no influence on colonic motility and secretion in conscious rats. ..
- Hsu K, Tsai P, Lee J, Wang T, Huang C. Platonin mitigates acute lung injury induced by bilateral lower limb ischemia-reperfusion in rats. J Surg Res. 2011;167:e255-62 pubmed publisher..Platonin mitigates acute lung injury induced by bilateral lower limb I/R in rats. ..
- Wu H, Kailasa S, Shastri L. Electrostatically self-assembled azides on zinc sulfide nanoparticles as multifunctional nanoprobes for peptide and protein analysis in MALDI-TOF MS. Talanta. 2010;82:540-7 pubmed publisher..The applicability of the present method on complex sample analysis such as milk proteins from cow milk and ubiquitin and ubiquitin like proteins from oyster mushroom were also demonstrated. ..
- Chiou W, Don M, Liao J, Wei B. Psoralidin inhibits LPS-induced iNOS expression via repressing Syk-mediated activation of PI3K-IKK-I?B signaling pathways. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;650:102-9 pubmed publisher..The present results show that interfering with Syk-mediated PI3K phosphorylation might contribute to the NO inhibitory effect of psoralidin via blocking IKK/I?B signaling propagation in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages. ..
- Wang K, Kao A, Chang C, Lee J, Hou M, Long C, et al. Increasing CD44+/CD24(-) tumor stem cells, and upregulation of COX-2 and HDAC6, as major functions of HER2 in breast tumorigenesis. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:288 pubmed publisher..HER2 may induce breast cancer by increasing the frequency of tumor stem cells and upregulating the expression of COX-2 and HDAC6 that play pivotal roles in tumor progression. ..