Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Sweden
Publications632 found, 100 shown here
- Hassle S, Sjölander P, Barnekow Bergkvist M, Kadesjö A. Cancer risk in the reindeer breeding Saami population of Sweden, 1961-1997. Eur J Epidemiol. 2001;17:969-76 pubmed..The results suggest that the explanations of the low cancer risk of the reindeer breeding Saamis, in relation to the non-Saamis in the same environment, are to be found among lifestyle and/or genetic factors...
- Steen M, Villoutreix B, Norstrøm E, Yamazaki T, Dahlback B. Defining the factor Xa-binding site on factor Va by site-directed glycosylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50022-9 pubmed..FXa complex assembly. ..
- Engström L, Engblom D, Blomqvist A. Systemic immune challenge induces preproenkephalin gene transcription in distinct autonomic structures of the rat brain. J Comp Neurol. 2003;462:450-61 pubmed..These results demonstrated that enkephalin transcription is induced in central autonomic neurons during immune challenge, suggesting that enkephalins are involved in the centrally orchestrated response to such stimuli. ..
- Zhang Y, Adner M, Cardell L. Up-regulation of bradykinin receptors in a murine in-vitro model of chronic airway inflammation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;489:117-26 pubmed..Thus, TNF-alpha causes an increase of bradykinin contractility in mouse trachea, which at least partly is due to a transcriptional increase of bradykinin receptors. ..
- Kelk P, Claesson R, Hänström L, Lerner U, Kalfas S, Johansson A. Abundant secretion of bioactive interleukin-1beta by human macrophages induced by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans leukotoxin. Infect Immun. 2005;73:453-8 pubmed..We concluded that A. actinomycetemcomitans leukotoxin can trigger abundant production and secretion of bioactive IL-1beta by human macrophages, which is mediated by activation of caspase 1. ..
- Jansson J, Moverare Skrtic S, Berndtsson A, Wernstedt I, Carlsten H, Ohlsson C. Leukemia inhibitory factor reduces body fat mass in ovariectomized mice. Eur J Endocrinol. 2006;154:349-54 pubmed..The cytokine, LIF, decreases body fat mass in OVX mice, suggesting that estrogen signaling is not required for this effect. ..
- Malmberg E, Noaksson K, Phillipson M, Johansson M, Hinojosa Kurtzberg M, Holm L, et al. Increased levels of mucins in the cystic fibrosis mouse small intestine, and modulator effects of the Muc1 mucin expression. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;291:G203-10 pubmed..The results suggest that MUC1 is not a major component in the accumulated mucus of CF mice and that MUC1 can influence the amount of other mucins in a still unknown way...
- Ottoson J, Hansen A, Björlenius B, Norder H, Stenström T. Removal of viruses, parasitic protozoa and microbial indicators in conventional and membrane processes in a wastewater pilot plant. Water Res. 2006;40:1449-57 pubmed..4. However, values for removal of indicators were more strongly correlated to each other. Removal of viruses based on enumeration using RT-PCR probably underestimates infectious virion removal. ..
- Lind M, Missirlis F, Melefors O, Uhrigshardt H, Kirby K, Phillips J, et al. Of two cytosolic aconitases expressed in Drosophila, only one functions as an iron-regulatory protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18707-14 pubmed..Our data suggest that as a first step during the evolution of the IRP/IRE system, the ancient cytosolic aconitase was duplicated in insects with one variant acquiring IRE-specific binding. ..
- Bidla G, Dushay M, Theopold U. Crystal cell rupture after injury in Drosophila requires the JNK pathway, small GTPases and the TNF homolog Eiger. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1209-15 pubmed..Our results provide a more comprehensive view of immune signal transduction pathways, with implications for immune reactions where cell death is used as a terminal mode of cell activation. ..
- Bengtsson F, Jörntell H. Ketamine and xylazine depress sensory-evoked parallel fiber and climbing fiber responses. J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:1697-705 pubmed..These results urge for some caution in the interpretations of studies on cerebellar network physiology performed in animals anesthetized with these drugs. ..
- Hopkins R, van Dam N, van Loon J. Role of glucosinolates in insect-plant relationships and multitrophic interactions. Annu Rev Entomol. 2009;54:57-83 pubmed publisher..Plant breeders may use knowledge on glucosinolates to increase insect resistance in Brassica crops. State-of-the-art techniques, such as mutant analysis and metabolomics, are necessary to identify the exact role of glucosinolates. ..
- Henningsson L, Jirholt P, Lindholm C, Eneljung T, Silverpil E, Iwakura Y, et al. Interleukin-17A during local and systemic Staphylococcus aureus-induced arthritis in mice. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3783-90 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we suggest that IL-17A is more important in local host defense than in systemic host defense against S. aureus-induced arthritis. ..
- Andersson T, Duckworth J, Fritz N, Lewicka M, Sodersten E, Uhlen P, et al. Noggin and Wnt3a enable BMP4-dependent differentiation of telencephalic stem cells into GluR-agonist responsive neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;47:10-8 pubmed publisher..Our results increase the understanding of the role for BMP4 in differentiation of telencephalic multipotent progenitors, and reveal novel implications for noggin and Wnt3a in these events. ..
- Wasling P, Strandberg J, Hanse E. AMPA receptor activation causes silencing of AMPA receptor-mediated synaptic transmission in the developing hippocampus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34474 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that agonist binding to AMPARs is a sufficient triggering stimulus for the creation of AMPAR silent synapses at developing glutamate synapses. ..
- Jaenson T, Hjertqvist M, Bergstrom T, Lundkvist A. Why is tick-borne encephalitis increasing? A review of the key factors causing the increasing incidence of human TBE in Sweden. Parasit Vectors. 2012;5:184 pubmed publisher..Precipitation during June and July was rich and will lead to a "good mushroom season". These factors together are likely to result in a TBE incidence of 2012 similar to or higher than that of 2011...
- Persson A, Osman A, Bolouri H, Mallard C, Kuhn H. Radixin expression in microglia after cortical stroke lesion. Glia. 2013;61:790-9 pubmed publisher..The specific location of radixin(+) cells in the peri-infarct region and in microglia suggests a role for radixin in microglial activation after stroke. ..
- Hagström A, Walther A, WENDLAND J, Löfstedt C. Subcellular localization of the fatty acyl reductase involved in pheromone biosynthesis in the tobacco budworm, Heliothis virescens (Noctuidae: Lepidoptera). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:510-21 pubmed publisher..These results, together with previous data on the localization of desaturases, confirm the importance of the ER as a subcellular site of pheromone production...
- Norberg J, Wiens S. Effects of attention manipulations on motivated attention to feared and nonfeared negative distracters in spider fear. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:139 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that attention to spiders in spider fear does not exceed the level of attention expected from the spider pictures' high arousal and negative valence (i.e., their intrinsic motivated attention). ..
- Johansson P, Kumlien J. Blood flow in the rabbit maxillary sinus mucosa during experimentally induced acute sinusitis. Acta Otolaryngol. 1988;106:299-305 pubmed..83 +/- 0.56 ml x min-1 x g-1. This blood flow was significantly higher than on the control side. In a control series, mere blocking of the ostium did not significantly alter the blood flow in the sinus mucosa...
- Kaeoket K, Persson E, Dalin A. The influence of pre- and post-ovulatory insemination on sperm distribution in the oviduct, accessory sperm to the zona pellucida, fertilisation rate and embryo development in sows. Anim Reprod Sci. 2002;71:239-48 pubmed..In the late inseminated sows, fertilised oocytes and developed embryos were observed up to day 11 but no embryos were found at day 19. ..
- Liu L, Hägglund S, Hakhverdyan M, Alenius S, Larsen L, Belak S. Molecular epidemiology of bovine coronavirus on the basis of comparative analyses of the S gene. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:957-60 pubmed..This study presents molecular data of BCoV infections that will contribute to an increased understanding of BCoV epidemiology in cattle populations. ..
- Shao R, Ljungström K, Weijdegård B, Egecioglu E, Fernandez Rodriguez J, Zhang F, et al. Estrogen-induced upregulation of AR expression and enhancement of AR nuclear translocation in mouse fallopian tubes in vivo. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E604-14 pubmed..To our knowledge, this study provides the first demonstration to illustrate that estrogen as a principal regulator may contribute to regulate and activate AR in the fallopian tubes in vivo. ..
- Albinsson S, Shakirova Y, Rippe A, Baumgarten M, Rosengren B, Rippe C, et al. Arterial remodeling and plasma volume expansion in caveolin-1-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;293:R1222-31 pubmed..We conclude that NO affects blood pressure more in Cav-1 KO than in WT mice and that restructuring of resistance vessels and an increased responsiveness to adrenergic stimulation compensate for a decreased tone in Cav-1 KO mice. ..
- Lindås A, Eriksson S, Jozsa E, Tomkinson B. Investigation of a role for Glu-331 and Glu-305 in substrate binding of tripeptidyl-peptidase II. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:1899-907 pubmed publisher..The present work is, to our knowledge, the first report to investigate a mechanism for a tripeptidyl-peptidase activity through site-directed mutagenesis. ..
- Ahren B, Sundler F. Localization of calcitonin gene-related peptide and islet amyloid polypeptide in the rat and mouse pancreas. Cell Tissue Res. 1992;269:315-22 pubmed..We conclude that CGRP is a pancreatic neuropeptide and IAPP is an islet endocrine peptide in both the rat and the mouse, whereas CGRP is an islet endocrine peptide in the rat. ..
- Kokaia M, Asztely F, Olofsdotter K, Sindreu C, Kullmann D, Lindvall O. Endogenous neurotrophin-3 regulates short-term plasticity at lateral perforant path-granule cell synapses. J Neurosci. 1998;18:8730-9 pubmed..Because NT-3 expression is reduced after focal seizures, impaired short-term facilitation may represent a protective response that limits the propagation of epileptiform activity from the entorhinal cortex to the hippocampus. ..
- Mårs U, Larsson B. Pheomelanin as a binding site for drugs and chemicals. Pigment Cell Res. 1999;12:266-74 pubmed..These results suggest that the toxicological risks of melanin-related adverse effects are applicable to persons with a high content of pheomelanin in the skin and hair. ..
- Sheng Y, Bryngelsson C, Pero R. Enhanced DNA repair, immune function and reduced toxicity of C-MED-100, a novel aqueous extract from Uncaria tomentosa. J Ethnopharmacol. 2000;69:115-26 pubmed..In addition, no body weight, food consumption, organ weight and kidney, liver, spleen, and heart pathological changes were found to be associated with C-MED-100 treatment...
- Gjertsson I, Hultgren O, Collins L, Pettersson S, Tarkowski A. Impact of transcription factors AP-1 and NF-kappaB on the outcome of experimental Staphylococcus aureus arthritis and sepsis. Microbes Infect. 2001;3:527-34 pubmed..We suggest that interaction with transcription factors leads to increased bacterial burden in vivo, abrogating the potential benefits of the anti-inflammatory properties exerted by these compounds. ..
- Johansson K, Ramaswamy S, Ljungcrantz C, Knecht W, Piskur J, Munch Petersen B, et al. Structural basis for substrate specificities of cellular deoxyribonucleoside kinases. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:616-20 pubmed..The two new structures provide an explanation for the substrate specificity of cellular deoxyribonucleoside kinases. ..
- Hulkko S, Zilliacus J. Functional interaction between the pro-apoptotic DAP3 and the glucocorticoid receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:749-55 pubmed..Since full-length DAP3 is also necessary for the pro-apoptotic effect, the interplay between the N- and C-termini of DAP3 is probably essential for its cellular function. ..
- Henning P, Magnusson M, Gunneriusson E, Hong S, Boulanger P, Nygren P, et al. Genetic modification of adenovirus 5 tropism by a novel class of ligands based on a three-helix bundle scaffold derived from staphylococcal protein A. Hum Gene Ther. 2002;13:1427-39 pubmed..Such fiber constructs also showed the expected target specific binding, indicating that the affibody protein class is ideally suited for genetic engineering of Ad tropism. ..
- Vasilcanu D, Girnita A, Girnita L, Vasilcanu R, Axelson M, Larsson O. The cyclolignan PPP induces activation loop-specific inhibition of tyrosine phosphorylation of the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor. Link to the phosphatidyl inositol-3 kinase/Akt apoptotic pathway. Oncogene. 2004;23:7854-62 pubmed..PPP was proven not to interfere directly with Akt or any of its downstream molecules in the apoptotic pathway. ..
- Ekman S, Skioldebrand E, Heinegard D, Hultenby K. Ultrastructural immunolocalisation of bone sialoprotein in the osteocartilagenous interface of the equine third carpal bone. Equine Vet J. 2005;37:26-30 pubmed..The interface between cartilage and newly synthesised bone has been shown to be particularly enriched in bone sialoprotein (BSP), a cell-binding matrix protein...
- Farrokhnia N, Roos M, Terent A, Lennmyr F. Experimental treatment for focal hyperglycemic ischemic brain injury in the rat. Exp Brain Res. 2005;167:310-4 pubmed..In conclusion, PBN appears to be a potential neuroprotective agent in hyperglycemic, focal ischemic brain injury, while the efficacy of PP2 and U0126 could not be confirmed by the present data. ..
- Duan R. Alkaline sphingomyelinase: an old enzyme with novel implications. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:281-91 pubmed
- Egecioglu E, Ploj K, Xu X, Bjursell M, Salome N, Andersson N, et al. Central NMU signaling in body weight and energy balance regulation: evidence from NMUR2 deletion and chronic central NMU treatment in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E708-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide the first evidence that long-term central NMU treatment reduces body weight, food intake, and adiposity and that central NMUR2 signaling is required for these effects in female but not male mice. ..
- Svensson A. The aromatase inhibitor 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione (ATD) reduces disinhibitory behavior in intact adult male rats treated with a high dose of testosterone. Behav Brain Res. 2010;206:216-22 pubmed publisher..Speculatively, aromatization may be involved in pro-impulsive effects of high testosterone doses in humans. ..
- Barnabe Heider F, Goritz C, Sabelström H, Takebayashi H, Pfrieger F, Meletis K, et al. Origin of new glial cells in intact and injured adult spinal cord. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7:470-82 pubmed publisher..We provide an integrated view of how several distinct cell types contribute in complementary ways to cell maintenance and the reaction to injury. ..
- Jonsson M, Hylander S, Ranåker L, Nilsson P, Brönmark C. Foraging success of juvenile pike Esox lucius depends on visual conditions and prey pigmentation. J Fish Biol. 2011;79:290-7 pubmed publisher..Pigments in copepod prey may have a cryptic function in brown water instead of a photo-protective function even if prey-size selectivity was stronger than selection based on pigmentation in juvenile E. lucius...
- Ingberg E, Theodorsson A, Theodorsson E, Strom J. Methods for long-term 17?-estradiol administration to mice. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:188-93 pubmed publisher..The peroral method and silastic capsules described in this article constitute reliable modes of administration of 17?-estradiol, superior to the widely used commercial pellets. ..
- Sjögren K, Engdahl C, Henning P, Lerner U, Tremaroli V, Lagerquist M, et al. The gut microbiota regulates bone mass in mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1357-67 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to evaluate the gut microbiota as a novel therapeutic target for osteoporosis. ..
- Gustafsson J, Ermund A, Ambort D, Johansson M, Nilsson H, Thorell K, et al. Bicarbonate and functional CFTR channel are required for proper mucin secretion and link cystic fibrosis with its mucus phenotype. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1263-72 pubmed publisher..In addition, bicarbonate added to already formed CF mucus almost completely restored the mucus properties. This knowledge may provide novel therapeutic options for CF...
- Kurland C, Harish A. The phylogenomics of protein structures: The backstory. Biochimie. 2015;119:284-302 pubmed publisher..The ToL is rooted in a surprisingly complex universal common ancestor (UCA) that is distinct from any specific modern descendant and d. HGT including endosymbiosis is a negligible player in genome evolution from UCA to the present. ..
- Klepac K, KiliÄ‡ A, Gnad T, Brown L, Herrmann B, Wilderman A, et al. The Gq signalling pathway inhibits brown and beige adipose tissue. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10895 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that Gq signalling regulates brown/beige adipocytes and inhibition of Gq signalling may be a novel therapeutic approach to combat obesity. ..
- Andersson Y, Thelander L, Bengtsson Olivecrona G. Demonstration of apolipoprotein CII in guinea pigs. Functional characteristics, cDNA sequence, and tissue expression. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:4074-80 pubmed..Northern blot analyses indicated that guinea pig apoCII is mainly expressed in the liver with little or no contribution from the intestine. ..
- Joste V, Goitom Z, Nelson B. Thyroid hormone regulation of nuclear-encoded mitochondrial inner membrane polypeptides of the liver. Eur J Biochem. 1989;184:255-60 pubmed..The possible significance of this response for the regulation of mitochondrial synthesis and assembly is discussed. ..
- Kadoya Y, Salmivirta K, Talts J, Kadoya K, Mayer U, Timpl R, et al. Importance of nidogen binding to laminin gamma1 for branching epithelial morphogenesis of the submandibular gland. Development. 1997;124:683-91 pubmed..We suggest that nidogen could be an important mesenchymal factor for submandibular gland development. ..
- Soderhall K, Cerenius L. Role of the prophenoloxidase-activating system in invertebrate immunity. Curr Opin Immunol. 1998;10:23-8 pubmed..Several components of this system recently have been isolated and their structure determined. ..
- Leffler P, Jin T, Nordberg G. Differential calcium transport disturbances in renal membrane vesicles after cadmium-metallothionein injection in rats. Toxicology. 2000;143:227-34 pubmed..Metal analysis verified a four-fold increase of Ca in kidney cortex at 24 h. This suggests that Cd impact on tubular cells involves disturbances on cellular absorption as well as expulsion of Ca...
- Neuger L, Ruge T, Makoveichuk E, Vlodavsky I, Olivecrona G. Effects of the heparin-mimicking compound RG-13577 on lipoprotein lipase and on lipase mediated binding of LDL to cells. Atherosclerosis. 2001;157:13-21 pubmed..Lipase-mediated binding and uptake of human LDL in these cells was also prevented by RG-13577. Thus, in the test systems RG-13577 had the same effects as heparin, but on a molar basis RG-13577 was in all cases less effective. ..
- Borrebaeck C, Ohlin M. Antibody evolution beyond Nature. Nat Biotechnol. 2002;20:1189-90 pubmed
- Sjöblom M, Säfsten B, Flemström G. Melatonin-induced calcium signaling in clusters of human and rat duodenal enterocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;284:G1034-44 pubmed..Melatonin-induced enterocyte [Ca(2+)](i) signaling as well as mucosal cell-to-cell communication may be involved in stimulation of duodenal mucosal HCO(3)(-) secretion. ..
- Lindegren S, Karlsson B, Jacobsson L, Andersson H, Hultborn R, Skarnemark G. (211)At-labeled and biotinylated effector molecules for pretargeted radioimmunotherapy using poly-L- and poly-D-Lysine as multicarriers. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:3873S-9S pubmed..The normal tissue distribution after the peritoneal administration implies that pretargeting using L-structure polylysine as the effector molecule may give a higher therapeutic index than that achieved in conventional radioimmunotherapy...
- Chen Q, Pettersson F, Vogt A, Schmidt B, Ahuja S, Liljestrom P, et al. Immunization with PfEMP1-DBL1alpha generates antibodies that disrupt rosettes and protect against the sequestration of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes. Vaccine. 2004;22:2701-12 pubmed..The work supports the use of DBL1alpha in a vaccine again severe malaria. ..
- Wallin M, Löving R, Ekström M, Li K, Garoff H. Kinetic analyses of the surface-transmembrane disulfide bond isomerization-controlled fusion activation pathway in Moloney murine leukemia virus. J Virol. 2005;79:13856-64 pubmed..These results suggest that the alkylation-sensitive form of Env is a true intermediate in the fusion activation pathway of Env...
- Rosengren B, Rippe A, Rippe C, Venturoli D, Swärd K, Rippe B. Transvascular protein transport in mice lacking endothelial caveolae. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1371-7 pubmed..Alternatively, the data may be explained by reductions in the selectivity of the endothelial glycocalyx, leading to an increased capillary hydraulic conductivity and large solute filtration. ..
- Hultqvist M, Olofsson P, Gelderman K, Holmberg J, Holmdahl R. A new arthritis therapy with oxidative burst inducers. PLoS Med. 2006;3:e348 pubmed
- Andersson C, Sopasakis V, Wallerstedt E, Smith U. Insulin antagonizes interleukin-6 signaling and is anti-inflammatory in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:9430-5 pubmed..Thus, insulin exerts an important anti-inflammatory effect in adipose cells by impairing the IL-6 signal at several levels. ..
- Andersson M, Petersson Grawé K, Karlsson O, Abramsson Zetterberg L, Hellman B. Evaluation of the potential genotoxicity of chromium picolinate in mammalian cells in vivo and in vitro. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:1097-106 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that a high concentration of CrPic might be DNA damaging, but only under non-physiological conditions...
- Albet Torres N, O Mahony J, Charlton C, Balaz M, Lisboa P, Aastrup T, et al. Mode of heavy meromyosin adsorption and motor function correlated with surface hydrophobicity and charge. Langmuir. 2007;23:11147-56 pubmed..The results are compared to previous studies of the microtubule-kinesin system and are also discussed in relation to fundamental studies of actomyosin and nanotechnological developments and applications. ..
- Näslund J, Lagerqvist N, Habjan M, Lundkvist A, Evander M, Ahlm C, et al. Vaccination with virus-like particles protects mice from lethal infection of Rift Valley Fever Virus. Virology. 2009;385:409-15 pubmed publisher..In the test groups, the vaccinated mice did not exhibit any side effects, and the lack of anti-nucleocapsid protein antibodies serologically distinguished vaccinated animals from experimentally infected animals...
- Sjolund M, Zoric M, Persson M, Karlsson G, Wallgren P. Disease patterns and immune responses in the offspring to sows with high or low antibody levels to Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae serotype 2. Res Vet Sci. 2011;91:25-31 pubmed publisher..These piglets will also mount a higher antibody response when later infected, indicating a heritability of the humoral immune response...
- Chavali P, Saini R, Matsumoto Y, Agren H, Funa K. Nuclear orphan receptor TLX induces Oct-3/4 for the survival and maintenance of adult hippocampal progenitors upon hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9393-404 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, the data presented here demonstrate a new role for TLX in neural stem cell proliferation and pluripotency upon hypoxia. ..
- Cenci M, Ohlin K, Odin P. Current options and future possibilities for the treatment of dyskinesia and motor fluctuations in Parkinson's disease. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2011;10:670-84 pubmed
- Light S, Sagit R, Ithychanda S, Qin J, Elofsson A. The evolution of filamin-a protein domain repeat perspective. J Struct Biol. 2012;179:289-98 pubmed publisher..Given that invertebrate integrin shows more similarity to the weaker filamin binder, integrin ?3, it is possible that the distance between integrin-binding domains is not as crucial for invertebrate filamins as for vertebrates. ..
- Suchankova P, Engel J, Jerlhag E. Sub-chronic Ghrelin Receptor Blockade Attenuates Alcohol- and Amphetamine-Induced Locomotor Stimulation in Mice. Alcohol Alcohol. 2016;51:121-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this suggests that the GHS-R1A could be a key target for novel treatment strategies for addiction. ..
- Elmwall J, Kwieciński J, Na M, Ali A, Osla V, Shaw L, et al. Galectin-3 Is a Target for Proteases Involved in the Virulence of Staphylococcus aureus. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the staphylococcal protease SspB inactivates galectin-3, abrogating its stimulation of oxygen radical production in human neutrophils and increasing tissue damage during skin infection. ..
- Lindahl P. Head-to-head association in bovine spermatozoa induced by catecholamines. Exp Cell Res. 1978;113:421-33 pubmed..At 2 X 10(-5) M, theophylline, caffeine, and papaverine induced association in the presence of 2 X 10(-5) M Ca2+. The results are compatible with the hypothesis that catecholamines act via receptors and formation of cAMP. ..
- Nässel D, Shiga S, Mohrherr C, Rao K. Pigment-dispersing hormone-like peptide in the nervous system of the flies Phormia and Drosophila: immunocytochemistry and partial characterization. J Comp Neurol. 1993;331:183-98 pubmed
- Lindblom J, Schioth H, Watanobe H, Suda T, Wikberg J, Bergstrom L. Downregulation of melanocortin receptors in brain areas involved in food intake and reward mechanisms in obese (OLETF) rats. Brain Res. 2000;852:180-5 pubmed..Similarities in the changes of MC receptor expression in obese animals and in animals treated with opiates may suggest a neurobiological link between food intake mediated through the MC receptors and reward. ..
- Winberg G, Matskova L, Chen F, Plant P, Rotin D, Gish G, et al. Latent membrane protein 2A of Epstein-Barr virus binds WW domain E3 protein-ubiquitin ligases that ubiquitinate B-cell tyrosine kinases. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8526-35 pubmed..This may promote Lyn and Syk ubiquitination in a fashion that contributes to a block in B-cell signaling. LMP2A may potentiate a normal mechanism by which Nedd4 family E3 enzymes regulate B-cell signaling. ..
- Hällbrink M, Holmqvist T, Olsson M, Ostenson C, Efendic S, Langel U. Different domains in the third intracellular loop of the GLP-1 receptor are responsible for Galpha(s) and Galpha(i)/Galpha(o) activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1546:79-86 pubmed
- Kannius Janson M, Johansson E, Bjursell G, Nilsson J. Nuclear factor 1-C2 contributes to the tissue-specific activation of a milk protein gene in the differentiating mammary gland. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17589-96 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report identifying a specific, endogenously expressed NF1 isoform to be involved in the tissue-specific activation of a gene. ..
- Sjoling A, Samuelson E, Adamovic T, Behboudi A, Röhme D, Levan G. Recurrent allelic imbalance at the rat Pten locus in DMBA-induced fibrosarcomas. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;36:70-9 pubmed
- Lundgren J, Masson P, Realini C, Young P. Use of RNA interference and complementation to study the function of the Drosophila and human 26S proteasome subunit S13. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5320-30 pubmed..The S13 subunit may possess multiple functions, including a deubiquitinylating activity and distinct activities essential for cell cycle progression that require the conserved C120 residue. ..
- Ross A, Shepherd M, Bach Knudsen K, Glitsø L, Bowey E, Phillips J, et al. Absorption of dietary alkylresorcinols in ileal-cannulated pigs and rats. Br J Nutr. 2003;90:787-94 pubmed..It is concluded that AR are absorbed in the small intestine of single-stomached animals and excreted in metabolised form in the urine, and might contribute to the nutritional qualities of wholegrain wheat and rye diets. ..
- Dillner J, Brown D. Can genital-tract human papillomavirus infection and cervical cancer be prevented with a vaccine?. Expert Rev Mol Med. 2004;6:1-21 pubmed..It then summarises studies examining the use of vaccines to prevent HPV infection in animals and humans, and, finally, discusses some of the unanswered issues surrounding vaccine development against HPV infection and cervical cancer. ..
- Lindeberg J, Usoskin D, Bengtsson H, Gustafsson A, Kylberg A, Söderström S, et al. Transgenic expression of Cre recombinase from the tyrosine hydroxylase locus. Genesis. 2004;40:67-73 pubmed..This knockin mouse can also be used for tracing cell lineages expressing TH during development. ..
- Dag S, Niedziela T, Dzieciatkowska M, Lukasiewicz J, Jachymek W, Lugowski C, et al. The O-acetylation patterns in the O-antigens of Hafnia alvei strains PCM 1200 and 1203, serologically closely related to PCM 1205. Carbohydr Res. 2004;339:2521-7 pubmed..The structural features of the isolated O-specific polysaccharides were also the same as those of the O-specific polysaccharides on the bacterial cells directly observed by the HR-MAS NMR technique...
- Holmqvist T, Johansson L, Ostman M, Ammoun S, Akerman K, Kukkonen J. OX1 orexin receptors couple to adenylyl cyclase regulation via multiple mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6570-9 pubmed
- Tohonen V, Frygelius J, Mohammadieh M, Kvist U, Pelliniemi L, O BRIEN K, et al. Normal sexual development and fertility in testatin knockout mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4892-902 pubmed
- Jakubek E, Lundén A, Uggla A. Seroprevalences of Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora sp. infections in Swedish horses. Vet Parasitol. 2006;138:194-9 pubmed..The study illustrates the necessity of critically evaluating results of serological analyses performed by methods that are not validated for the animal species under investigation. ..
- Svensson A, Casey P, Young S, Bergo M. Genetic and pharmacologic analyses of the role of Icmt in Ras membrane association and function. Methods Enzymol. 2006;407:144-59 pubmed