Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Publications452 found, 100 shown here
- Kim N, Lee H, Son E, Kwon O, Park J, Park J, et al. Hypoxic induction of caspase-11/caspase-1/interleukin-1beta in brain microglia. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;114:107-14 pubmed
- Jeong B, Hong C, Chattopadhyay S, Park J, Gong E, Kim H, et al. Androgen receptor corepressor-19 kDa (ARR19), a leucine-rich protein that represses the transcriptional activity of androgen receptor through recruitment of histone deacetylase. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:13-25 pubmed..Taken together, the results suggest that ARR19 may act as an AR corepressor in vivo and play an important role in male reproductive functions. ..
- Kim S, Han S. Tyrosinase scavenges tyrosyl radical. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:642-9 pubmed..The results are accounted for by a mechanism in which tyrosyl radical is reduced to tyrosine by oxytyrosinase and the resulting met-form reacts with H(2)O(2) to return to the oxy-form. ..
- Kim H, Yumkham S, Choi J, Lee S, Kim T, Ryu S, et al. Neurotensin enhances nitric oxide generation via the JAK2-STAT1 pathway in murine macrophage Raw264.7 cells during costimulation with LPS and IFNgamma. Neuropeptides. 2006;40:221-9 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that neurotensin can effect enhancement in LPS/IFNgamma-induced NO generation and migration capacity, via the JAK2-STAT1 pathway. ..
- Park H, Mo J, Choi E. Nitric oxide inhibits an interaction between JNK1 and c-Jun through nitrosylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:281-6 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that the inhibition of the interaction between JNK and c-Jun may be an integral part of the mechanism underlying the negative regulation of the JNK signaling pathway by NO. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Sim J, Choi M, Choi W, Hwang K, et al. Regulation of membrane excitability by intracellular pH (pHi) changers through Ca2+-activated K+ current (BK channel) in single smooth muscle cells from rabbit basilar artery. Pflugers Arch. 2007;454:307-19 pubmed..These results suggest that SA and NH(4)Cl might regulate vascular tone by altering membrane excitability through modulation of [Ca(2+)](i) and Ca(2+)-activated K channels in rabbit basilar artery...
- Lim E, Jeon H, Yang G, Lee M, Ju J, Han S, et al. Intracisternal administration of mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors reduced mechanical allodynia following chronic constriction injury of infraorbital nerve in rats. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2007;31:1322-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that MAPKs inhibitors have a potential role in treatment for orofacial neuropathic pain. ..
- Won J, Park J, Ju H, Kim S, Suh Kim H, Ghil S. The alpha subunit of Go interacts with promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger protein and modulates its functions. Cell Signal. 2008;20:884-91 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that Goalpha modulates the function of PLZF via direct interactions. Our novel findings provide insights into the diverse cellular roles of Goalpha and its coupled receptor. ..
- Jang H, Hwang S, Cho K, Kim D, Chay K, Kim J. Taxol induces oxidative neuronal cell death by enhancing the activity of NADPH oxidase in mouse cortical cultures. Neurosci Lett. 2008;443:17-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that taxol induces oxidative neuronal apoptosis by enhancing the activity of NADPH oxidase. ..
- Suh H, Lee S, Lee M, Lee Y, Lee J, Han H. Role of interleukin-6 in the control of DNA synthesis of hepatocytes: involvement of PKC, p44/42 MAPKs, and PPARdelta. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;22:673-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IL-6 stimulates the proliferation of primary cultured chicken hepatocytes through PKC, p44/42 MAPKs, and PPARdelta pathways. ..
- Kang S, Park S, Choe S, Jean Y, Jung S, Kim K, et al. Characterization of tissue distribution and histopathological lesions in Neospora caninum experimentally infected gerbils. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:1261-8 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce the applicability of gerbils as a suitable model of acute neosporosis and provide new insights into the response of gerbils to N. caninum intraperitoneal infection. ..
- Sung J, Cho E, Kim M, Koh P. Identification of proteins differentially expressed by melatonin treatment in cerebral ischemic injury--a proteomics approach. J Pineal Res. 2009;46:300-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of this study suggest that melatonin prevents cell death resulting from ischemic brain injury and that its neuroprotective effects are mediated by both the up- and down-regulation of various proteins. ..
- Song I, Kim J, Kim K, Jin H, Youn B, Kim N. Regulatory mechanism of NFATc1 in RANKL-induced osteoclast activation. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2435-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, NFATc1 is essential for RANKL-induced osteoclast activation via up-regulation of osteoclast-activating genes. ..
- Khanal T, Choi J, Hwang Y, Chung Y, Jeong H. Protective effects of saponins from the root of Platycodon grandiflorum against fatty liver in chronic ethanol feeding via the activation of AMP-dependent protein kinase. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:2749-54 pubmed publisher..Recovery of AMPKalpha phosphorylation by CKS was also followed by an increase in acetyl-CoA carboxylase phosphorylation. Our study suggests that CKS is a promising agent for preventing or treating human alcoholic fatty liver disease...
- Shin J, Park H, Ahn Y, Lee P. Neuroprotective effect of L-dopa on dopaminergic neurons is comparable to pramipexol in MPTP-treated animal model of Parkinson's disease: a direct comparison study. J Neurochem. 2009;111:1042-50 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that both l-dopa and PPX had comparable neuroprotective properties for dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-treated PD animal models, through modulation of cell survival and apoptotic pathways. ..
- Lee H, Li M, Joung E, Na H, Cha Y, Surh Y. Nrf2-Mediated heme oxygenase-1 upregulation as adaptive survival response to glucose deprivation-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;13:1639-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the Nrf2-mediated HO-1 upregulation upon glucose deprivation is mediated by ROS in HepG2 cells, and responsible for the adaptive survival response. ..
- Harikrishnan R, Kim J, Kim M, Balasundaram C, Heo M. Styrax japonica supplementation diet enhances the innate immune response in Epinephelus bruneus against bacterial and protozoan infections. Exp Parasitol. 2011;129:260-5 pubmed publisher..0% enriched diet. The study suggests that incorporation of S. japonica at 1.0% and 2.0% level in the diet significantly enhances the immune responses in the kelp grouper E. bruneus against V. harveyi and U. marinum...
- Kim S, Yim E, Park I, Kim S, Cho H. Comparison of the acute toxicities of novel algicides, thiazolidinedione derivatives TD49 and TD53, to various marine organisms. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2011;30:2810-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that a formulization study of the algicides with high specificity should be conducted to reduce the surrounding ecological toxicity. ..
- Cho C. Testicular and epididymal ADAMs: expression and function during fertilization. Nat Rev Urol. 2012;9:550-60 pubmed publisher..It has been suggested that ADAM2 and ADAM3 have roles in sperm-egg interactions. Mouse knockout studies have revealed that the ADAM2-ADAM3 complex is critical for in vivo sperm migratory function in the female reproductive tract...
- Chun K, Kang J, Kim O, Kang H, Surh Y. Effects of yakuchinone A and yakuchinone B on the phorbol ester-induced expression of COX-2 and iNOS and activation of NF-kappaB in mouse skin. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2002;21:131-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that diarylheptanoids contained in Alpinia oxyphylla down-regulate COX-2 and iNOS expression through suppression of NF-kappaB activation in the TPA-treated mouse skin. ..
- Kang K, Ahn G, Sohn Y, Ahn B, Kim W. DA-8159, a new PDE5 inhibitor, attenuates the development of compensatory right ventricular hypertrophy in a rat model of pulmonary hypertension. J Int Med Res. 2003;31:517-28 pubmed..DA-8159 might, therefore, be a useful treatment option for PH, but its efficacy in humans needs evaluating. ..
- Hwang S, Yu S, Ryu J, Jeon H, Yoo Y, Eom S, et al. Regulation of beta-catenin signaling and maintenance of chondrocyte differentiation by ubiquitin-independent proteasomal degradation of alpha-catenin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12758-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that ubiquitin-independent degradation of alpha-catenin regulates beta-catenin signaling and maintenance of the differentiated phenotype of articular chondrocytes...
- Kim Y, Kim Y, Noh H, Kang S, Cheon E, Park S, et al. Changes in rhodopsin kinase and transducin in the rat retina in early-stage diabetes. Exp Eye Res. 2005;80:753-60 pubmed..This study illustrates the alterations in RK, G(talpha) and recoverin in the diabetic retina that may induce dysfunctions in phototransduction even in early-stage diabetes. ..
- Kim H, Kwon Y, Roh D, Yoon S, Han H, Kim K, et al. Intrathecal treatment with sigma1 receptor antagonists reduces formalin-induced phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 1 and the second phase of formalin test in mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;148:490-8 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that selective blockage of spinal sigma(1) receptors can reduce pain behaviors, spinal cord Fos expression and pNR1 (Ser896 and Ser897) expression associated with the second phase of the formalin test. ..
- Kim H, Choi Y, Jeong M, Kim B, Lim S, Kim D, et al. Expression of UNCL during development of periodontal tissue and response of periodontal ligament fibroblasts to mechanical stress in vivo and in vitro. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;327:25-31 pubmed..These results indicate that UNCL plays important roles in the development, differentiation, and maintenance of periodontal tissues and also suggest a potential role of UNCL in the mechanotransduction of PDL fibroblasts. ..
- Ko H, Park W, Kim D, Kobayashi M, Sohn Y. Biological activities of recombinant Manchurian trout FSH and LH: their receptor specificity, steroidogenic and vitellogenic potencies. J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;38:99-111 pubmed..These recombinant FSH and LH may be applied for future studies on the gonadal development and maturation in fishes as well as the endangered salmon species. ..
- Kim Y, Chung I, Choi M, Kim Y, Lee J, Park C, et al. Triamcinolone suppresses retinal vascular pathology via a potent interruption of proinflammatory signal-regulated activation of VEGF during a relative hypoxia. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;26:569-76 pubmed..These findings suggest a potential that TA suppresses retinal neovascular pathophysiology via proinflammation-mediated activation of VEGF during hypoxia. ..
- Cho Y, Kim H, Kim Y, Lee K, Choi H, Lee I, et al. Differential anti-inflammatory pathway by xanthohumol in IFN-gamma and LPS-activated macrophages. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008;8:567-73 pubmed publisher..7 cells, the binding activity of STAT-1alpha and IRF-1 was inhibited by XN. This suggests that differential signaling pathways are used by XN for the inhibition of excess inflammatory mediators depending on the stimuli in macrophages. ..
- Jin Y, Cui X, Han Y, Kim N. Leptin accelerates pronuclear formation following intracytoplasmic sperm injection of porcine oocytes: Possible role for MAP kinase inactivation. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;115:137-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that exogeneous leptin enhanced spindle assembly and accelerated pronuclear formation following fertilization, possibly via the MAPK pathway. ..
- Jeong B, Lee Y, Park Y, Bae I, Kim D, Koo S, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor estrogen receptor-related receptor gamma negatively regulates BMP2-induced osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14211-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ERRgamma is a novel negative regulator of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation via its regulation of Runx2 transactivity. ..
- Yi C, Woo J, Han C, Oh J, Park I, Lee B, et al. Expression analysis of the Adam21 gene in mouse testis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:152-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to provide information regarding transcriptional regulation of a testicular ADAM family member, which will aid in elucidation of the transcriptional mechanisms of other testicular Adam genes. ..
- Shin D, Park S, Jeong Y, Hosmillo M, Kim H, Kim H, et al. Detection and molecular characterization of porcine toroviruses in Korea. Arch Virol. 2010;155:417-22 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that genetically diverse Korean PToV strains cause sporadic infections in Korea...
- Choi J, Park G, Na E, Wi H, Lee S, Lee J. Molecular changes following topical photodynamic therapy using methyl aminolaevulinate in mouse skin. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;58:198-203 pubmed publisher..MAL-PDT significantly induced the epidermal and dermal matrix molecules required for photorejuvenation. ..
- Lee S, Lee Y, Park S, Kim H, Han H. Caveolin-1 and integrin ?1 regulate embryonic stem cell proliferation via p38 MAPK and FAK in high glucose. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1850-9 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that high glucose-induced Cav-1 and IN ?1 activation can stimulate ES cell proliferation through the modification of focal adhesion signaling pathways. ..
- Yoon H, Yun S, Kim B, Jin Q, Woo E, Jeong S, et al. Poncirin promotes osteoblast differentiation but inhibits adipocyte differentiation in mesenchymal stem cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;664:54-9 pubmed publisher..Poncirin increased mineral nodule formation in primary bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. These results suggest that poncirin prevents adipogenesis and enhances osteoblast differentiation in mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Ryu S, Hwang U. Complete mitochondrial genome of the Seoul frog Rana chosenica (Amphibia, Ranidae): comparison of R. chosenica and R. plancyi. Mitochondrial DNA. 2011;22:53-4 pubmed publisher..7%, and the relatively low similarity seems to indicate that the two species are distinctly separated on the species level. The information of mitochondrial genome comparison of the two species was discussed in detail. ..
- Yang M, Kim J, Kim T, Kim S, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Possible involvement of galectin-3 in microglial activation in the hippocampus with trimethyltin treatment. Neurochem Int. 2012;61:955-62 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that Gal-3 is involved in the inflammatory process of neurodegenerative disorder induced by organotin intoxication. ..
- Kim Y, Kim J, Ko A, Kang T. Reduction in heat shock protein 90 correlates to neuronal vulnerability in the rat piriform cortex following status epilepticus. Neuroscience. 2013;255:265-77 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that HSP90 degradation may be closely related to neuronal vulnerability to SE insult. ..
- Park M, Kim D, Lim S, Choi J, Han H, Yoon K, et al. High glucose-induced O-GlcNAcylated carbohydrate response element-binding protein (ChREBP) mediates mesangial cell lipogenesis and fibrosis: the possible role in the development of diabetic nephropathy. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:13519-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HG increased the O-GlcNAcylated ChREBP level, which resulted in lipid accumulation and up-regulation of fibrotic proteins in mesangial cells. These effects may lead mesangial cells to an ultimately pathological state. ..
- Kim J, Song D, Kwon E, Hong S, Song H, Min C, et al. miR-185 plays an anti-hypertrophic role in the heart via multiple targets in the calcium-signaling pathways. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122509 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-185 effectively blocked cardiac hypertrophy signaling through multiple targets, rendering it a potential drug target for diseases such as heart failure. ..
- Lee S, Xu Y, Jo Y, Namgoong S, Kim N. The Rho-GTPase effector ROCK regulates meiotic maturation of the bovine oocyte via myosin light chain phosphorylation and cofilin phosphorylation. Mol Reprod Dev. 2015;82:849-58 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that the ROCK/MLC/actomyosin as well as ROCK/LIMK/cofilin pathways regulate meiotic spindle migration and cytokinesis during bovine oocyte maturation. ..
- Tang S, Lee J, Jung J, Choi M. Effect of erythritol formulation on the mortality, fecundity and physiological excretion in Drosophila suzukii. J Insect Physiol. 2017;101:178-184 pubmed publisher..This erythritol formulation can be a potential insecticide used alone or as a delivery agent combined with conventional or biological insecticides to enhance their efficacy. ..
- Park U, Su J, Ban K, Qin L, Lee E, Lee Y. Mutations in the p53 tumor suppressor gene in tree shrew hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis B virus infection and intake of aflatoxin B1. Gene. 2000;251:73-80 pubmed..As a result, our finding indicates that tree shrews exposed to AFB1 and/or HBV had neither codon 249 mutations nor significant levels of other mutations in the p53 gene, as is the case with humans...
- Shim J, Seok Kang H, Park W, Han S, Kim J, Chang I. Transdermal delivery of mixnoxidil with block copolymer nanoparticles. J Control Release. 2004;97:477-84 pubmed..Confocal microscopy coupled with in vivo and in vitro skin permeation results demonstrated that nanoparticles containing solutes penetrated mainly via shunt routes like hair follicles, resulting in skin absorption of solutes. ..
- Kim B, Yoo J, Park S, Jung J, Cho H, Chung Y. Synthesis and evaluation of antitumor activity of novel 1,4-naphthoquinone derivatives (IV). Arch Pharm Res. 2006;29:123-30 pubmed..It was also observed that the 2-substituted derivatives (8, 19, 20) showed better antitumor activity than the 6-substituted derivatives (7, 17, 18) in the mice bearing S-180 cells in the peritoneal cavity. ..
- Moon D, Park S, Heo M, Kim K, Park C, Ko W, et al. Key regulators in bee venom-induced apoptosis are Bcl-2 and caspase-3 in human leukemic U937 cells through downregulation of ERK and Akt. Int Immunopharmacol. 2006;6:1796-807 pubmed..The results indicated that key regulators in BV-induced apoptosis are Bcl-2 and caspase-3 in human leukemic U937 cells through downregulation of the ERK and Akt signal pathway. ..
- Moon C, Kim S, Kim J, Hyun J, Lee N, Park J, et al. Protective effect of phlorotannin components phloroglucinol and eckol on radiation-induced intestinal injury in mice. Phytother Res. 2008;22:238-42 pubmed
- Yeo M, Song W. v-Crk regulates membrane dynamics and Rac activation. Cell Adh Migr. 2008;2:174-6 pubmed..It thus appears that v-Crk/Rac1 signaling contributes to the regulation of membrane dynamics and cell migration, and that v-Crk is an effector molecule for Rac1 activation that regulates cell motility. ..
- Ko H, Oh S, Bang H, Kang N, Cho B, Im S, et al. Glutamine protects mice from lethal endotoxic shock via a rapid induction of MAPK phosphatase-1. J Immunol. 2009;182:7957-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Gln exerts a beneficial effect on endotoxic shock by inactivating p38 and JNK via a rapid induction of MKP-1 protein in an ERK-dependent way. ..
- Sahoo S, Kim T, Kang G, Lee J, Eom S, Kim D. Characterization of calumenin-SERCA2 interaction in mouse cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31109-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present results suggest that calumenin is a novel regulator of SERCA2, and its expressional changes are tightly coupled with Ca(2+)-cycling of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Koh P. Gingko biloba extract (EGb 761) prevents increase of Bad-Bcl-XL interaction following cerebral ischemia. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:867-76 pubmed..The finding suggests that EGb 761 prevents cell death against ischemic brain injury and EGb 761 neuroprotection is affected by preventing the injury-induced increase of Bad and Bcl-X(L) interaction. ..
- Nedumaran B, Kim G, Hong S, Yoon Y, Kim Y, Lee C, et al. Orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 acts as a novel corepressor of liver X receptor alpha and inhibits hepatic lipogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9221-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study suggests that DAX-1, a novel corepressor of LXRalpha, functions as a negative regulator of lipogenic enzyme gene expression in liver. ..
- Park J, Ryu J, Han H. Involvement of caveolin-1 in fibronectin-induced mouse embryonic stem cell proliferation: role of FAK, RhoA, PI3K/Akt, and ERK 1/2 pathways. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:267-75 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FN stimulates mouse ES cell proliferation via RhoA-PI3K/Akt-ERK 1/2 pathway through caveolin-1 phosphorylation. ..
- Moon J, Kim J, Kim K, Youn B, Ko A, Lee S, et al. Akt induces osteoclast differentiation through regulating the GSK3?/NFATc1 signaling cascade. J Immunol. 2012;188:163-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the PI3K/Akt/GSK3?/NFATc1 signaling axis plays an important role in RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Park H, Jeon B, Kim H, Roh G, Shin J, Sung N, et al. Aged red garlic extract reduces lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production in RAW 264.7 macrophages and acute pulmonary inflammation through haeme oxygenase-1 induction. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2012;205:61-70 pubmed publisher..These results show that ARGE reduces LPS-induced nitric oxide production in RAW 264.7 macrophages through HO-1 induction and suggest that ARGE may have potential effects on prevention and treatment of acute inflammatory lung injury. ..
- Oh S, Hwang Y, Yang H, Kang J, Hur S, Jung N, et al. SHP is involved in BMP2-induced odontoblast differentiation. J Dent Res. 2012;91:1124-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SHP may mediate BMP2 signaling to promote mineralization of the dentin matrix...
- Sohn Y, Lee J, Cho S, Kim S, Ko A, Nam M, et al. Improvement of CNS defects via continuous intrathecal enzyme replacement by osmotic pump in mucopolysaccharidosis type II mice. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:1036-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, continuous IT infusion of the deficient enzyme was effective in improving CNS defects in the MPS II mice, and could be a valuable therapeutic method for treating neurological deterioration in patients with MPS II. ..
- Byeon Y, Park S, Kim Y, Back K. Microarray analysis of genes differentially expressed in melatonin-rich transgenic rice expressing a sheep serotonin N-acetyltransferase. J Pineal Res. 2013;55:357-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that melatonin has an important role in modulating a wide range of gene expression, reflecting its pleiotropic physiological roles in plant growth and development. ..
- Kim J, Lee K, Park C, Park W. Ablation of cereblon attenuates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:649-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that CRBN plays an important role in myocardial I-R injury through modulation of AMPK activity. ..
- Kim M, Kim Y, Cho C, Mayo K, Cho B. Change in the Gastro-Intestinal Tract by Overexpressed Activin Beta A. Mol Cells. 2015;38:1079-85 pubmed publisher..These data also indicate that activin Î²A must be controlled within a narrow range because of latent lethal activity. In addition, our approach can be used effectively for functional analysis of secreted proteins. ..
- De Sotto R, Medriano C, Cho Y, Seok K, Park Y, Kim S. Significance of metabolite extraction method for evaluating sulfamethazine toxicity in adult zebrafish using metabolomics. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;127:127-34 pubmed publisher..This study shows that proper selection of sample extraction method is critically important for interpreting and analyzing the toxicity data of organisms when metabolomics is applied. ..
- Cheal Yoo J, Park N, Lee B, Nashed A, Lee Y, Hwan Kim T, et al. 14-3-3? regulates Copine1-mediated neuronal differentiation in HiB5 hippocampal progenitor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:85-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that 14-3-3? regulates the differentiation ability of CPNE1 through the binding with C2A domain of CPNE1 in HiB5 cells. ..
- Huh H, Lee E, Shin J, Park B, Lee S. STRAP positively regulates TLR3-triggered signaling pathway. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:55-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the C-terminus of STRAP is essential for its functional activity in TLR3-mediated IL-6 and IFN-? production. These data suggest that STRAP is a positive regulator of the TLR3-meditated NF-?B and IRF signaling pathway. ..
- Kim H, Chung W, Lee S, Chung P, You J, Kwon H, et al. Association of sustained ERK activity with integrin beta3 induction during receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand (RANKL)-directed osteoclast differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2003;289:368-77 pubmed
- Kim J, Jung K, Jeong H. Suppressive effects of the kahweol and cafestol on cyclooxygenase-2 expression in macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:321-6 pubmed..These results will provide new insights into the anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties of kahweol and cafestol. ..
- Kim S, Kim Y. Effects of betaine supplementation on hepatic metabolism of sulfur-containing amino acids in mice. J Hepatol. 2005;42:907-13 pubmed..However, the hepatic levels of cysteine or glutathione are not affected, most probably due to the depression of taurine generation from cysteine. ..
- Han H, Heo J, Lee Y. ANG II increases 2-deoxyglucose uptake in mouse embryonic stem cells. Life Sci. 2005;77:1916-33 pubmed..A 23187 (Ca2+ ionophore) increased 2-DG uptake and nifedifine (L-type Ca2+ channel blocker) blocked it. In conclusion, ANG II increased 2-DG uptake by PKC activation via AT1 receptor in mouse ES cells. ..
- Kim I, Jung S, Lee Y, Lee C, Park J, Lee J. The complete mitochondrial genome of the rayfish Raja porosa (Chondrichthyes, Rajidae). DNA Seq. 2005;16:187-94 pubmed publisher..These findings are applicable to comparative mitogenomics of R. porosa with other related taxa...
- Lee J, Kim S, Kim J, Jeong M, Oh Y, Choi K. Increased expression of renal aquaporin water channels in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2006;29:18-23 pubmed..The urine was more concentrated with its volume decreased in SHR. The expression of AQP1-3 channels is increased in the kidney, in association with enhanced activity of the AVP/cAMP pathway, in SHR. ..
- Jeon Y, Kim T, Lee J, Choi J, Jeon C. AII amacrine cells in the inner nuclear layer of bat retina: identification by parvalbumin immunoreactivity. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1095-9 pubmed..These results indicate that PV antibodies can be used to label AII cells selectively in bats. The existence of AII cells suggests that bats have retinas involved in both rod-driven and cone-driven signals. ..
- Ma S, Kang J, Bae E, Choi C, Lee J, Kim S, et al. Effects of volume depletion and NaHCO3 loading on the expression of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 3, Na+: HCO3- cotransporter type 1 and nitric oxide synthase in rat kidney. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;35:262-7 pubmed..4. An altered volume status and NaHCO(3) loading may affect the regulation of NHE3 and NBC1 in the kidney and the endogenous NO system may play a role in the observed effects. ..
- Ma Y, Han H, Nam S, Kim Y, Hong J, Yun Y, et al. Cyclopeptide alkaloid fraction from Zizyphi Spinosi Semen enhances pentobarbital-induced sleeping behaviors. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;117:318-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it is suggested that the enhancement of Cl(-) influx by CAFZ may play an important role in the potentiation of pentobarbital-induced sleeping behaviors. ..
- Jung W, Choi I, Lee D, Yea S, Choi Y, Kim M, et al. Caffeic acid phenethyl ester protects mice from lethal endotoxin shock and inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in RAW 264.7 macrophages via the p38/ERK and NF-kappaB pathways. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2572-82 pubmed publisher..These findings provide mechanistic insights into the anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive actions of caffeic acid phenethyl ester in macrophages. ..
- Kim J, Kee H, Kim J, Joung H, Nam K, Eom G, et al. Enhancer of polycomb1 acts on serum response factor to regulate skeletal muscle differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16308-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Epc1 is required for skeletal muscle differentiation by recruiting both SRF and p300 to the SRE of muscle-specific gene promoters. ..
- Kim H, Moon C, Ahn M, Byun J, Lee Y, Kim M, et al. Heat shock protein 27 upregulation and phosphorylation in rat experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Brain Res. 2009;1304:155-63 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that HSP27 plays a role in spontaneous recovery from EAE-induced paralysis...
- Kang T, Choi I, Kim S, Moon P, Seo J, Kim J, et al. Ailanthus altissima swingle has anti-anaphylactic effect and inhibits inflammatory cytokine expression via suppression of nuclear factor-kappaB activation. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2010;46:72-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, AAS inhibited the PMACI-induced IkappaBalpha degradation. In conclusion, the present results indicate that AAS has potent anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory properties...
- Kang J, Kim B, Park B, Kim H, Ko H, Yang S, et al. Parasympathectomy induces morphological changes and alters gene-expression profiles in the rat submandibular gland. Arch Oral Biol. 2010;55:7-14 pubmed publisher..The important genes involved in biological processes for salivation were identified through a large-scale gene expression analysis. ..
- Kwon H, Lee C, So J, Chae C, Hwang J, Sahoo A, et al. Generation of regulatory dendritic cells and CD4+Foxp3+ T cells by probiotics administration suppresses immune disorders. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2159-64 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the administration of probiotics that enhance the generation of rDCs and Tregs represents an applicable treatment of inflammatory immune disorders. ..
- Oh H, Chun C, Chun J. Dkk-1 expression in chondrocytes inhibits experimental osteoarthritic cartilage destruction in mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:2568-78 pubmed publisher..The protective effect of Dkk-1 appears to be associated with its capacity to inhibit Wnt-mediated expression of catabolic factors, such as Mmp13, providing evidence that Dkk-1 might serve as a therapeutic target for OA treatment. ..
- Lee J, Lim K. SJSZ glycoprotein (38kDa) prevents thymus atrophy and enhances expression of IL-2 and IL-12 in diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;13:362-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the SJSZ glycoprotein can prevent thymic atrophy and Th2 cytokines induced by DEN...
- Bak J, Kim Y, Son J, Kim C, Kim E. Application of concentrated deep sea water inhibits the development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:108 pubmed publisher..Finally, cytokines, especially IL-4 and IL-10 which are important for Th2 cell development, were reduced. Our data suggests that topical application of CDSW could be useful in preventing the development of atopic dermatitis. ..
- Binas B, Verfaillie C. Concise review: Bone marrow meets blastocyst: lessons from an unlikely encounter. Stem Cells. 2013;31:620-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the HypoSC/XENP/MAPC phenotype provides a unique but broadly instructive model with which to study stem cell plasticity, reprogramming, and transplantation tolerance, all central themes in regenerative medicine. ..
- Cha I, Kwon J, Park S, Jang H, Nho S, Kim Y, et al. Heat shock protein profiles on the protein and gene expression levels in olive flounder kidney infected with Streptococcus parauberis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:1455-62 pubmed publisher..This is the first estimation of the differential involvement of HSPs in the immune response of olive flounder exposed to bacterial infection...
- Cui X, Shen X, Sun S, Cho S, Heo Y, Kang Y, et al. Identifying MicroRNA and mRNA expression profiles in embryonic stem cells derived from parthenogenetic, androgenetic and fertilized blastocysts. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:189-200 pubmed publisher..These results warrant a functional study to fully understand the underlying regulation of genomic imprinting in early embryo development. ..
- Kim B, Lee M, Kang H, Rhee J, Lee J. Genomic organization and transcriptional modulation in response to endocrine disrupting chemicals of three vitellogenin genes in the self-fertilizing fish Kryptolebias marmoratus. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;42:187-195 pubmed publisher..The Km-Vtg-A gene was highly expressed compared to the control in response to NP and OP. EDC-induced modulatory patterns of Km-Vtg gene expression were different depending on tissue, gender, and isoforms. ..
- Jung J, Jung H, Neupane S, Kim K, Kim J, Yamamoto H, et al. Involvement of PI3K and PKA pathways in mouse tongue epithelial differentiation. Acta Histochem. 2017;119:92-98 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggest that the tongue epithelium is differentiated into multiple epithelial cell layers via the PI3K and PKA pathways in tissue-specific manner during the epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. ..
- Kim Y, Kim W, Shin Y, Lee D, Kim Y, Kim J, et al. Microcystin-LR bioconcentration induces antioxidant responses in the digestive gland of two marine bivalves Crassostrea gigas and Mytilus edulis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;188:119-129 pubmed publisher..Our results will be useful to understand species-specific bioconcentration of MC-LR in bivalves and their effects on intracellular oxidative status via accumulation. ..
- Zheng W, Park J, Zhang D, Abd El Aty A, Kim S, Cho S, et al. Determination of fenobucarb residues in animal and aquatic food products using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry coupled with a QuEChERS extraction method. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1058:1-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the developed method is simple and versatile and can be used for the routine detection of fenobucarb in different animal food products having varying protein and fat contents with satisfactory accuracy and precision. ..
- Yang Y, Gil M, Choi E, Park S, Pyun K, Ha H. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of a human gene homologous to the murine R-PTP-kappa, a receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase. Gene. 1997;186:77-82 pubmed