Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Poland
Publications570 found, 100 shown here
- BiaÅ‚a G, BudzyÅ„ska B. Rimonabant attenuates sensitization, cross-sensitization and cross-reinstatement of place preference induced by nicotine and ethanol. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:797-807 pubmed
- GÄ…dek Michalska A, Bugajski J. Interleukin-1 (IL-1) in stress-induced activation of limbic-hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal axis. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:969-82 pubmed..Interleukin-1 represents an important central component operating in neurochemical and immune network for efficient coping in preventing stress-associated psycho- and neuropathology. ..
- Parkitna J, Solecki W, Gołembiowska K, Tokarski K, Kubik J, Gołda S, et al. Glutamate input to noradrenergic neurons plays an essential role in the development of morphine dependence and psychomotor sensitization. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2012;15:1457-71 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that NMDA receptors on noradrenergic neurons regulate development of opiate dependence and psychomotor sensitization, by controlling drug-induced noradrenaline signalling. ..
- Lisowski P, Stankiewicz A, Goscik J, Wieczorek M, Zwierzchowski L, Swiergiel A. Selection for stress-induced analgesia affects the mouse hippocampal transcriptome. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;47:101-12 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that individual stress responsiveness may be associated with characteristics of the constitutive hippocampal transcriptome. ..
- Szuster Ciesielska A, Plewka K, Kandefer SzerszeÅ„ M. Betulin, betulinic acid and butein are inhibitors of acetaldehyde-induced activation of liver stellate cells. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:1109-23 pubmed..Each drug functioned in a different manner, whereby some were acting as either antioxidants or inhibitors of TIMPs expression and butein additionally acted as an inhibitor of TGF-Î² production. ..
- Cielecka D, Zarnowska Prymek H, Masny A, Salamatin R, Wesołowska M, Gołab E. Human dirofilariosis in Poland: the first cases of autochthonous infections with Dirofilaria repens. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2012;19:445-50 pubmed..Because of the increasing number of cases of human infections, whether introduced or local, physicians should take dirofilariosis into consideration in differential diagnosis of skin and eye diseases...
- Rakus D, Gizak A, Kasprzak A, Zarzycki M, Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Dzugaj A. The mechanism of calcium-induced inhibition of muscle fructose 1,6-bisphosphatase and destabilization of glyconeogenic complex. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76669 pubmed publisher..e. with loop 52-72 in the engaged conformation, while Ca(2+) stabilizes the disengaged-like form of the loop. ..
- Walczak J, Bocian S, Trziszka T, Buszewski B. Hyphenated Analytical Methods in Determination of Biologically Active Compounds in Hen's Eggs. Crit Rev Anal Chem. 2016;46:201-12 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it gives an overview of the hyphenated separation techniques, including sample preparation, analysis, and identification, used in the proteomics and lipidomics analysis. ..
- Piska K, Å»elaszczyk D, Jamrozik M, Kubowicz KwaÅ›ny P, PÄ™kala E. Cunninghamella Biotransformation--Similarities to Human Drug Metabolism and Its Relevance for the Drug Discovery Process. Curr Drug Metab. 2016;17:107-17 pubmed..Another aspect is the biosynthesis of metabolites. In this respect, techniques using Cunninghamella spp. seem to be competitive to the chemical methods currently used. ..
- Wasilewska B, Najdzion J, RÃ³wniak M, Bogus Nowakowska K, Hermanowicz B, Kolenkiewicz M, et al. Cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript and calcium binding proteins immunoreactivity in the subicular complex of the guinea pig. Ann Anat. 2016;204:51-62 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a heterogeneous distribution of the CART and CaBPs in the guinea pig SC is in keeping with findings from other mammals, however species specific differences have been observed. ..
- Michalowska M, Znorko B, Kaminski T, Oksztulska Kolanek E, Pawlak D. New insights into tryptophan and its metabolites in the regulation of bone metabolism. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;66:779-91 pubmed
- Kluska J, KardaÅ› D, Heda Å, Szumowski M, Szuszkiewicz J. Thermal and chemical effects of turkey feathers pyrolysis. Waste Manag. 2016;49:411-419 pubmed publisher..13%) and gaseous (88 mg/Nm(3)) products. The phenomenon of liquefaction of feathers is important because it can lead to rapid degradation of the walls of reactors, and the formation of deposits. ..
- Sledzinski Z, Wozniak M, Brunelli A, Lezoche E, Scutti G, Kossowska E, et al. Experimental pancreatitis induced by synthetic prooxidant tert-butyl hydroperoxide. Pancreas. 2000;20:146-51 pubmed
- Lodyga Chruscinska E, Brzezinska Blaszczyk E, Micera G, Sanna D, Kozlowski H, Olczak J, et al. Can the 1,5-disubstituted tetrazole ring modify the co-ordinating ability and biological activity of opiate-like peptides?. J Inorg Biochem. 2000;78:283-91 pubmed..The ability of casomorphin tetrazole analogues to activate rat mast cells to histamine release in vitro in the presence of copper(II) has been studied. ..
- Felczak K, Miazga A, Poznanski J, Bretner M, Kulikowski T, Dzik J, et al. 5-Substituted N(4)-hydroxy-2'-deoxycytidines and their 5'-monophosphates: synthesis, conformation, interaction with tumor thymidylate synthase, and in vitro antitumor activity. J Med Chem. 2000;43:4647-56 pubmed..While FdUMP and 6a showed a higher affinity and greater inactivation power with the parental cell than FdUrd-resistant cell enzyme, an opposite relationship could be seen with 5-hydroxymethyl-dUMP. ..
- Koceva Chyła A, Sokal A, Kania K, Gwozdzinski K, Jóźwiak Z. The nitroxides pirolin and pirolid protect the plasma membranes of rat cardiomyocytes against damage induced by anthracyclines. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2003;8:171-7 pubmed..Both nitroxides at low concentration (0.1 mM) protected plasma membranes against rigidification induced by aclarubicin, while high concentration (1 mM) was ineffective and caused fluidisation of the plasma membranes of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Bartosz G. Use of spectroscopic probes for detection of reactive oxygen species. Clin Chim Acta. 2006;368:53-76 pubmed..The limits imposed by these difficulties on the precise evaluation of the amounts and rates of formation of ROS are discussed critically. ..
- Jawien J, Gajda M, Rudling M, Mateuszuk L, Olszanecki R, Guzik T, et al. Inhibition of five lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) by MK-886 decreases atherosclerosis in apoE/LDLR-double knockout mice. Eur J Clin Invest. 2006;36:141-6 pubmed..Our results show for the first time that inhibition of FLAP by MK-886 reduces development of atherosclerosis in gene-targeted apoE/LDLR-DKO mice. ..
- Majewski S, Jablonska S. Current views on the role of human papillomaviruses in cutaneous oncogenesis. Int J Dermatol. 2006;45:192-6 pubmed
- Korostynski M, Kaminska Chowaniec D, Piechota M, Przewlocki R. Gene expression profiling in the striatum of inbred mouse strains with distinct opioid-related phenotypes. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:146 pubmed..The genes identified in this work constitute promising candidates for further animal studies and for translational genetic studies in the field of addictive and analgesic properties of opioids. ..
- Wilczynski J. Immunological analogy between allograft rejection, recurrent abortion and pre-eclampsia - the same basic mechanism?. Hum Immunol. 2006;67:492-511 pubmed..According to that supposition, an analogy might exist between acute graft rejection and recurrent abortion, and between chronic graft rejection and pre-eclampsia. ..
- Kaczmarczyk Sedlak I, Cegieła U, Nowińska B, Folwarczna J. Effects of catecholamines on the intramedullary pressure in the femur in rats with prednisolone-induced osteoporosis. Pharmacol Rep. 2006;58:540-50 pubmed..In addition, a disordered effect of catecholamines on intramedullary pressure of osteoporotic bone was observed. ..
- Baranowski M, Blachnio A, Zabielski P, Gorski J. Pioglitazone induces de novo ceramide synthesis in the rat heart. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2007;83:99-111 pubmed..We conclude that pioglitazone induced accumulation of CER in rat myocardium as a result of augmented CER synthesis de novo. However, in the STD group increased activity of neutral sphingomyelinase could also contributed to this effect. ..
- Szczerbal I, Lin L, Stachowiak M, Chmurzynska A, Mackowski M, Winter A, et al. Cytogenetic mapping of DGAT1, PPARA, ADIPOR1 and CREB genes in the pig. J Appl Genet. 2007;48:73-6 pubmed..Assignment of the studied genes in relation to QTL chromosome regions for meat quality in pig chromosomes SSC4, SSC5, SSC10 and SSC15 is discussed. ..
- Boguś M, Kedra E, Bania J, Szczepanik M, Czygier M, Jabłoński P, et al. Different defense strategies of Dendrolimus pini, Galleria mellonella, and Calliphora vicina against fungal infection. J Insect Physiol. 2007;53:909-22 pubmed..In the case of C. vicina exposure to the fungus, the anti E. coli activity was significantly higher than in control larvae. The defense mechanisms of D. pini (species of economic importance in Europe) are presented for the first time. ..
- Zarnowska H, Borecka A, Gawor J, Marczynska M, Dobosz S, Basiak W. A serological and epidemiological evaluation of risk factors for toxocariasis in children in central Poland. J Helminthol. 2008;82:123-7 pubmed publisher..The sero-epidemiological investigations indicated that re-infection might be the reason for persistence of seropositivity after treatment. ..
- Poleszak E, Wlaz P, Wrobel A, Fidecka S, Nowak G. NMDA/glutamate mechanism of magnesium-induced anxiolytic-like behavior in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2008;60:655-63 pubmed..The present study demonstrates the involvement of the NMDA/glutamate pathway in the magnesium anxiolytic-like activity in the EPM in mice, and that this activity particularly involves the glycineB sites. ..
- Kedzior K, SzczepaÅ„ska R, KociÄ‡ I. Contribution of NO, ATP-sensitive K+ channels and prostaglandins to adenosine receptor agonists-induced relaxation of the rat tail artery. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:330-4 pubmed..Our results indicate that nonspecific effects such nitric oxide and prostaglandins release or the activation of potassium channels significantly contributed to the effects of CHA and NECA. ..
- Kuszczyk M, Słomka M, Antkiewicz Michaluk L, Salinska E, Łazarewicz J. 1-Methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline and established uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonists induce tolerance to excitotoxicity. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:1041-50 pubmed..Moreover, our data disclose a new mechanism of 1MeTIQ-evoked neuroprotection based on the induction of neuronal tolerance to excitotoxicity. ..
- Sałat K, Kulig K. GABA transporters as targets for new drugs. Future Med Chem. 2011;3:211-22 pubmed publisher..These and other issues are discussed in this article. ..
- Sapa J, Filipek B, Kulig K, Malawska B. Antidepressant-like activity of the phenylpiperazine pyrrolidin-2-one derivatives in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:71-8 pubmed..Currently, it is not possible to determine which mechanisms are involved in the witnessed antidepressant-like activity of novel phenylpiperazine pyrrolidin-2-one derivatives. ..
- Jabłoński A, Zebek S, Kołacz R, Pejsak Z. Usefulness of PCR/RFLP and ERIC PCR techniques for epidemiological study of Haemophilus parasuis infections in pigs. Pol J Vet Sci. 2011;14:111-6 pubmed..The last mentioned technique is relatively less expensive and labour-consuming, especially when diagnostic PCR method is used for the epidemiological studies...
- Teległów A, Bilski J, Dabrowski Z, Marchewka A, Jaskiewicz J, Gdula Argasińska J, et al. The effects of exercise in water at 4°C and 25°C on the rheological properties of blood and the composition of fatty acids in the erythrocyte membranes of laboratory rats. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2012;51:139-48 pubmed publisher..These changes in erythrocyte rheological properties can be treated as a protective reaction to thermal stress resulting in their improved deformability. ..
- Gajos Michniewicz A, Pawlowska E, Ochedalski T, Piastowska Ciesielska A. The influence of follistatin on mechanical properties of bone tissue in growing mice with overexpression of follistatin. J Bone Miner Metab. 2012;30:426-33 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of FS leads to decreased quality of skeleton, increasing susceptibility to bone fractures. ..
- GoÅ‚Ä™biowski M, BoguÅ› M, Paszkiewicz M, Wieloch W, WÅ‚Ã³ka E, Stepnowski P. The composition of the cuticular and internal free fatty acids and alcohols from Lucilia sericata males and females. Lipids. 2012;47:613-22 pubmed publisher..sericata. Large amounts of internal cholesterol were identified in L. sericata males and females (0.49 and 0.97 mg/g of the insect body, respectively). ..
- Kleniewska P, Piechota A, Skibska B, Goraca A. The NADPH oxidase family and its inhibitors. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2012;60:277-94 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current state of knowledge of the structure and functions of NADPH oxidase and NADPH oxidase inhibitors in the treatment of disorders with endothelial damage. ..
- Kaczmarski M, Wasilewska J, Cudowska B, Semeniuk J, Klukowski M, Matuszewska E. The natural history of cow's milk allergy in north-eastern Poland. Adv Med Sci. 2013;58:22-30 pubmed publisher..The objective of the study was to evaluate the prevalence of persistent cow's milk allergy in children previously diagnosed with IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy (CMA)...
- Stygar D, Michalczyk K, Dolezych B, Nakonieczny M, Migula P, Zaak M, et al. Digestive enzymes activity in subsequent generations of Cameraria ohridella larvae harvested from horse chestnut trees after treatment with imidacloprid. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2013;105:5-12 pubmed publisher..The pesticide present in the vascular system of the horse chestnut tree significantly affected some of the digestive enzymes activities and - in consequence - also interrelationships between enzymes, what may affect the food digestion. ..
- ÅšwiÄ…der M, Paruszewski R, Åuszczki J. Assessment of the anticonvulsant potency of various benzylamide derivatives in the mouse maximal electroshock-induced seizure threshold model. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:259-62 pubmed publisher..06mg/kg, respectively. The studied benzylamide derivatives can be arranged with respect to their anticonvulsant potency in the MEST test as follows: Nic-BZA>2F-Pic-BZA>Pic-BZA>Me-Ala-BZA>Iso-Nic-BZA>Me-Pro-BZA. ..
- PaÅ‚asz A, Bandyszewska M, Rojczyk E, Wiaderkiewicz R. Effect of extended olanzapine administration on POMC and neuropeptide Y mRNA levels in the male rat amygdala and hippocampus. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:292-6 pubmed publisher..Importantly, it may suggest the existence of an alternative mode of its action. Undoubtedly this hypothetic regulatory mechanism requires further pharmacological and neurostructural study. ..
- Cholewa M, Turnbull I, Legge G, Weigold H, Marcuccio S, Holan G, et al. Investigation of the uptake of drugs by individual cells using a scanning proton microprobe (SPM). Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 1996;42:69-76 pubmed..The use of elemental analysis in single cells of cultured cell lines has shown to have distinct advantages over peripheral blood lymphocytes. ..
- Ostrowska H, Wojcik C, Wilk S, Omura S, Kozlowski L, Stoklosa T, et al. Separation of cathepsin A-like enzyme and the proteasome: evidence that lactacystin/beta-lactone is not a specific inhibitor of the proteasome. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2000;32:747-57 pubmed..It is therefore concluded that lactacystin/beta-lactone is not a specific inhibitor of the proteasome. ..
- Wójcik Gładysz A, Misztal T, Wańkowska M, Romanowicz K, Polkowska J. Effect of central infusions of neuropeptide Y on GnRH/LH axis in ewes during the early anoestrous period. Reprod Biol. 2003;3:29-46 pubmed..In conclusion, we suggest that NPY may be involved in the central regulation of reproductive function in ewes, however, the sensitivity of the GnRH/LH axis to NPY modulation declines throughout the early anoestrous period. ..
- ZmyÅ›lony M, Politanski P, Rajkowska E, Szymczak W, Jajte J. Acute exposure to 930 MHz CW electromagnetic radiation in vitro affects reactive oxygen species level in rat lymphocytes treated by iron ions. Bioelectromagnetics. 2004;25:324-8 pubmed..The character of the changes in the number of free radicals observed in our experiments was qualitatively compatible with the theoretical prediction from the model of electromagnetic radiation effect on radical pairs. ..
- Korczynska J, Stelmanska E, Nogalska A, Szolkiewicz M, Goyke E, Swierczynski J, et al. Upregulation of lipogenic enzymes genes expression in white adipose tissue of rats with chronic renal failure is associated with higher level of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1. Metabolism. 2004;53:1060-5 pubmed..Our study indicates that WAT SREBP-1 expression is increased in CRF rats and that SREBP-1 may play an important role in the increased fatty acid synthesis. These results reveal another facet of disturbed lipid metabolism in CRF. ..
- Walesiuk A, Trofimiuk E, Braszko J. Ginkgo biloba normalizes stress- and corticosterone-induced impairment of recall in rats. Pharmacol Res. 2006;53:123-8 pubmed..There was no influence of stress, corticosterone, and EGB 761 on the acquisition of conditioned avoidance responses (CARs). ..
- Jackowiak H. Scanning electron microscopy study of the lingual papillae in the European mole (Talpa europea, L., Talpidae). Anat Histol Embryol. 2006;35:190-5 pubmed
- Liberski P, Budka H. Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker disease. I. Human diseases. Folia Neuropathol. 2004;42 Suppl B:120-40 pubmed..In the second part of this review the experimental data using experimental models of GSS in transgenic mice are summarised as well as structural biology of mutated PrP in GSS. ..
- Nowak M, Madej J, Dziegiel P. Expression of E-cadherin, beta-catenin and Ki-67 antigen and their reciprocal correlations in fibrosarcomas of soft tissues in dogs. In Vivo. 2007;21:751-6 pubmed
- Taracha E, Mierzejewski P, Lehner M, Chrapusta S, KaÅ‚a M, Lechowicz W, et al. Stress-opioid interactions: a comparison of morphine and methadone. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:424-35 pubmed..The overlap between brain regions reacting to nonpharmacological stressors and those responding to exogenous opioids suggests that stress contributes to opioid-induced neuronal activation. ..
- Pejsak Z, Podgórska K, Truszczyński M, Karbowiak P, Stadejek T. Efficacy of different protocols of vaccination against porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) in a farm affected by postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome (PMWS). Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;33:e1-5 pubmed publisher..The impact of different protocols on different parameters suggests that they could be adopted in herds with different porcine circovirus associated problems. ..
- Talarek S, Orzelska J, Listos J, Fidecka S. Effects of sildenafil treatment on the development of tolerance to diazepam-induced motor impairment and sedation in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:627-34 pubmed..Sildenafil treatment did not affect the expression of tolerance to DZ-induced motor impairment and sedation in mice. Our results suggest that sildenafil treatment, at least in part, affects the development of DZ tolerance. ..
- Wasik A, Romańska I, Antkiewicz Michaluk L. Important role of 3-methoxytyramine in the inhibition of cocaine sensitization by 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline: an in vivo microdialysis study. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:983-97 pubmed..The results strongly support the view that 1MeTIQ may have a more general anti-abuse potential, and the extraneuronal metabolite of dopamine, 3-MT, may play a crucial role in its anti-craving effects. ..
- Szemraj J, Zakrzeska A, Brown G, Stankiewicz A, Gromotowicz A, GrÄ™dziÅ„ski T, et al. New derivative of staphylokinase SAK-RGD-K2-Hirul exerts thrombolytic effects in the arterial thrombosis model in rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:1169-79 pubmed..Furthermore, our results suggest that high doses of SAK-RGD-K2-Hirul bear the risk of bleeding. ..
- Chlabicz M, Gacko M, Worowska A, Lapiński R. Cathepsin E (EC 22.214.171.124)--a review. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2011;49:547-57 pubmed..To date, no particular role of cathepsin E in the metabolism of proteins in normal tissues has been found. However, it is known that there are many documented pathological conditions in which overexpression of cathepsin E occurs. ..
- Kapica M, Jankowska A, Antushevich H, Pietrzak P, Bierla J, Dembinski A, et al. The effect of exogenous apelin on the secretion of pancreatic juice in anaesthetized rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;63:53-60 pubmed..In conclusion, apelin can affect the exocrine pancreas through a complex mechanism involving local blood flow regulation and is driven by vagal nerves. ..
- Jaromin A, Korycińska M, Pietka Ottlik M, Musiał W, Peczynska Czoch W, Kaczmarek Ł, et al. Membrane perturbations induced by new analogs of neocryptolepine. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:1432-9 pubmed..12-0.88?mM range. The concentration-dependent inhibitory effect of the tested agents on erythrocyte ghosts' acetylcholinesterase activity was also studied. ..
- Inkielewicz StÄ™pniak I, Knap N. Effect of exposure to fluoride and acetaminophen on oxidative/nitrosative status of liver and kidney in male and female rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:902-11 pubmed..As expected, the urinary F excretion increased in an exposure time-dependent manner in rats receiving F or a combination of F and AAP. The study also showed that AAP significantly decreased urinary F. ..
- Borak B, Biernat P, Prescha A, Baszczuk A, Pluta J. In vivo study on the biodistribution of silica particles in the bodies of rats. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012;21:13-8 pubmed..Silica seems to be promising carrier material. Silica particles dissolve in the rat's body and are eliminated in urine. ..
- Matysiak M, Fortak Michalska M, Szymanska B, Orlowski W, Jurewicz A, Selmaj K. MicroRNA-146a negatively regulates the immunoregulatory activity of bone marrow stem cells by targeting prostaglandin E2 synthase-2. J Immunol. 2013;190:5102-9 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, inhibition of miR-146a restored synthesis of PGE2. These data support the conclusion that miR-146a plays a critical role in the control of the immunoregulatory potential of BMSCs. ..
- Kassolik K, Andrzejewski W, Dziegiel P, Jelen M, Fulawka L, Brzozowski M, et al. Massage-induced morphological changes of dense connective tissue in rat's tendon. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2013;51:103-6 pubmed publisher..Folia Histochemica et Cytobiologica 2013, Vol. 51, No. 1, 103-106)...
- Drobnik J, Owczarek K, Piera L, Tosik D, Olczak S, Ciosek J, et al. Melatonin-induced augmentation of collagen deposition in cultures of fibroblasts and myofibroblasts is blocked by luzindole--a melatonin membrane receptors inhibitor. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:642-9 pubmed..The present results suggest that the increased melatonin-stimulated deposition of collagen observed in the infarcted heart of rats could be dependent on activation of the melatonin membrane receptors on scar myofibroblasts. ..
- Szopa A, Poleszak E, Wyska E, Serefko A, WoÅ›ko S, WlaÅº A, et al. Caffeine enhances the antidepressant-like activity of common antidepressant drugs in the forced swim test in mice. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2016;389:211-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it can be assumed that the interactions caffeine-paroxetine and caffeine-imipramine occur at least in part in the pharmacokinetic phase. ..
- Długońska H. Are poikilothermic animals real hosts for Toxoplasma gondii?. Ann Parasitol. 2017;63:3-5 pubmed publisher..gondii infection. The article discusses the presence of T. gondii in aquatic and terrestrial poikilothermic animals, which may be important elements in the transmission of the parasite. ..
- Frymus T, Bielecki W, Jakubowski T. Toxigenic Pasteurella multocida in rabbits with naturally occurring atrophic rhinitis. Zentralbl Veterinarmed B. 1991;38:265-8 pubmed..15 Bordetella bronchiseptica strains were recovered from 14 rabbits. No toxigenic strains were found among 6 isolates tested using the same method. ..
- Zabielski R, Onaga T, Mineo H, Okine E, Kato S. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) stimulates exocrine pancreas in conscious preruminating calves. Comp Biochem Physiol C Pharmacol Toxicol Endocrinol. 1994;109:93-9 pubmed..It was concluded that PACAP from the VIP/secretin family may stimulate pancreatic exocrine secretion in conscious calves and a part of the pancreatic response to food intake can be mediated by PACAP. ..
- Pidsudko Z, Kaleczyc J, Majewski M, Lakomy M, Scheuermann D, Timmermans J. Differences in the distribution and chemical coding between neurons in the inferior mesenteric ganglion supplying the colon and rectum in the pig. Cell Tissue Res. 2001;303:147-58 pubmed
- Matuszyk J, Ziolo E, Cebrat M, Kochel I, Strzadala L. Nurr1 affects pRL-TK but not phRG-B internal control plasmid in genetic reporter system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:1036-9 pubmed..Finally, we noted the lack of effect of Nurr1 protein on the Fas Ligand promoter-driven transcription. ..
- Dudkowska M, Stachurska A, Grzelakowska Sztabert B, Manteuffel Cymborowska M. Up-regulation of spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase (SSAT) expression is a part of proliferative but not anabolic response of mouse kidney. Acta Biochim Pol. 2002;49:969-77 pubmed
- Bradley R, Liberski P. Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE): the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?. Folia Neuropathol. 2004;42 Suppl A:55-68 pubmed..If all the advice is taken and measures enforced there is a prospect that BSE can be eliminated from countries and regions as a prelude to eradication from the world. ..
- Brzozowski T, Zwolinska Wcislo M, Konturek P, Kwiecien S, Drozdowicz D, Konturek S, et al. Influence of gastric colonization with Candida albicans on ulcer healing in rats: effect of ranitidine, aspirin and probiotic therapy. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2005;40:286-96 pubmed
- Skrzypczak C. Occurrence of downy mildews on ornamental plants and their control by chemical compounds. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2007;72:801-4 pubmed..In the control of P. parasitica on Alyssum saxatile, the smallest number of swallowed structures on leaves was noticed on plants treated with azoxystrobine at conc. 250 microg/cm3...
- Dbrowska K, Stuss M, Gromadzinska J, Wasowicz W, Sewerynek E. The effects of melatonin on glutathione peroxidase activity in serum and erythrocytes after adriamycin in normal and pinealectomised rats. Endokrynol Pol. 2008;59:200-6 pubmed..Melatonin, in pharmacological concentrations, did not influence the activity of GSH-Px, either in normal or in pinealectomised rats after ADR. A deficiency of endogenous melatonin production may inhibit GSH-Px activity. ..
- Kozłowska A, Majewski M, Jana B. Expression of steroidogenic enzymes in porcine polycystic ovaries. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2009;47:257-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that above-mentioned enzymes may, by influencing the ovarian steroid synthesis, play an essential role in the creation and/or course of cystic ovarian disease. ..
- Szczypka M, ObmiÅ„ska Mrukowicz B. Modulating effects of nonselective and selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors on lymphocyte subsets and humoral immune response in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:1148-58 pubmed..No effect or slight influence of the drugs on anti-SRBC hemagglutinins was observed, but the number of plaque-forming splenocytes was increased. The drugs under investigation did not show a significant immunosuppressive effect. ..
- Stoczyńska Fidelus E, Szybka M, Piaskowski S, Bienkowski M, Hulas Bigoszewska K, Banaszczyk M, et al. Limited importance of the dominant-negative effect of TP53 missense mutations. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:243 pubmed publisher..This scepticism is supported by database investigations showing that retention of the wild-type allele occurs with the same frequency as either nonsense or missense TP53 mutations. ..
- Stolarski J, Kitahara M, Miller D, Cairns S, Mazur M, Meibom A. The ancient evolutionary origins of Scleractinia revealed by azooxanthellate corals. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:316 pubmed publisher..A significant weakness in reconstruction(s) of early coral evolution is that deep-sea corals have been poorly represented in molecular phylogenetic analyses...
- Skowronski M, Frackowiak L, Skowronska A. Expression of aquaporin 1 in the pig peri-ovarian vascular complex during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy. Reprod Biol. 2011;11:210-23 pubmed..In conclusion, AQP1 is expressed in the endothelial cells of PVC and may modulate hormonal regulation of reproductive organs. ..
- Zimecki M, Artym J, KociÄ™ba M, ObmiÅ„ska Mrukowicz B, MÄ…czyÅ„ski M, Ryng S. Restoration of immune system function is accelerated in immunocompromised mice by the B-cell-tropic isoxazole R-11. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:403-11 pubmed..We demonstrated that R-11 is likely a B-cell tropic agent which can restore both cellular and humoral immune responses in immunocompromised mice and may have a potential to be applied in therapy of immunocompromised patients. ..
- Stanczyk M, Dziki A, Morawiec Z. Dendrimers in therapy for breast and colorectal cancer. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:4896-902 pubmed..Probably, both of them are caused, apart from the hereditary syndromes, by specific point mutation, some hormonal factors in breast cancer and by the strong co-influence of environmental factors and dietary exposure of a patient. ..
- Wielgat P, Holownia A, Braszko J. Lipopolysaccharide changes sialylation pattern in the mouse central nervous system. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;63:555-61 pubmed..Given the significance of glycans in the brain biology we can conclude that sialic acids and their receptors Siglec may be crucial regulators of immune response in the CNS. ..
- Wróbel M, Chodkowski A, Herold F, Gomółka A, Kleps J, Mazurek A, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel pyrrolidine-2,5-dione derivatives as potential antidepressant agents. Part 1. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;63:484-500 pubmed publisher..The results of these tests indicate that all of the ligands possess properties characteristic of 5-HT1A receptor agonists. ..
- WiÅ›niewska E, Dylik A, Kulza M, Florek E, Piekoszewski W, SeÅ„czuk PrzybyÅ‚owska M, et al. Exposure to ethanol and tobacco smoke in relation to level of PCNA antigen expression in pancreatic and hepatic rat cells. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:914-26 pubmed..From the preliminary study one can conclude that the influence of ethanol and simultaneous influence of ethanol and tobacco smoke impairs liver and pancreatic functions to a greater degree than tobacco abuse. ..
- NapiÃ³rkowska T, NapiÃ³rkowski P, Templin J. Teratological deformities of pedipalps in the Tegenaria atrica spider, induced by low and high temperatures applied alternately. J Therm Biol. 2016;56:50-4 pubmed publisher..The results indicate a relationship between temperature applied as a teratogenic factor and anomalies in the front part of the prosoma. ..
- Ciepielewski Z, Stojek W, Borman A, Myślińska D, Pałczyńska P, Kamyczek M. The effects of ryanodine receptor (RYR1) mutation on natural killer cell cytotoxicity, plasma cytokines and stress hormones during acute intermittent exercise in pigs. Res Vet Sci. 2016;105:77-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the heterogeneity of immunological and neuroendocrine response to exercise stress in pigs could be influenced by RYR1 gene mutation. ..
- Łukaszewicz E, Kruszyński W. Evaluation of fresh and frozen-thawed semen of individual ganders by assessment of spermatozoa motility and morphology. Theriogenology. 2003;59:1627-40 pubmed..In relation to the fresh semen average from 57.2 to 63.2% of spermatozoa survived freezing process and from 23.9 to 38.5% remained morphologically intact. ..