Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Norway
Publications647 found, 100 shown here
- Kielland A, Erisir A, Walaas S, Heggelund P. Synapsin utilization differs among functional classes of synapses on thalamocortical cells. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5786-93 pubmed..Together, this indicates that synapsin I and II are not present in the retinogeniculate terminals and therefore are not essential for sustained, high-rate synaptic transmission. ..
- Sunde M, Norström M. The prevalence of, associations between and conjugal transfer of antibiotic resistance genes in Escherichia coli isolated from Norwegian meat and meat products. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:741-7 pubmed..The conjugation experiments suggest that tet(A) and class 1 integrons are often located on the same conjugative plasmid. ..
- Johannessen M, Delghandi M, Rykx A, Dragset M, Vandenheede J, Van Lint J, et al. Protein kinase D induces transcription through direct phosphorylation of the cAMP-response element-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14777-87 pubmed
- Bennewitz J, Solberg T, Meuwissen T. Genomic breeding value estimation using nonparametric additive regression models. Genet Sel Evol. 2009;41:20 pubmed publisher..The results show moderate to high accuracies of the predicted breeding values. A determination of predictor specific degree of smoothing increased the accuracy. ..
- Strand E, Fjordbakk C, Holcombe S, Risberg A, Chalmers H. Effect of poll flexion and dynamic laryngeal collapse on tracheal pressure in Norwegian Coldblooded Trotter racehorses. Equine Vet J. 2009;41:59-64 pubmed..Based upon the tracheal pressure measurements recorded in this study, DLC in NCTs is a severe obstructive upper respiratory tract disorder that is induced by poll flexion. ..
- Boman I, Klemetsdal G, Blichfeldt T, Nafstad O, Vage D. A frameshift mutation in the coding region of the myostatin gene (MSTN) affects carcass conformation and fatness in Norwegian White Sheep (Ovis aries). Anim Genet. 2009;40:418-22 pubmed publisher..In our material, these MSTN mutations segregated in a pattern showing that they reside in two different haplotypes. The phenotypic effect of the single base deletion is more profound than that of the 3'-UTR mutation...
- Øvergård A, Nerland A, Patel S. Evaluation of potential reference genes for real time RT-PCR studies in Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus Hippoglossus L.); during development, in tissues of healthy and NNV-injected fish, and in anterior kidney leucocytes. BMC Mol Biol. 2010;11:36 pubmed publisher..However, UbcE can be a good candidate in other experimental setups. This study emphasizes the need for reference gene evaluation, as universal reference genes have not been identified. ..
- Fjeldaas T, Sogstad A, Osterås O. Locomotion and claw disorders in Norwegian dairy cows housed in freestalls with slatted concrete, solid concrete, or solid rubber flooring in the alleys. J Dairy Sci. 2011;94:1243-55 pubmed publisher..1, respectively). This shows that solid rubber flooring was favorable when most laminitis-related lesions were considered, whereas slatted concrete was favorable for infectious claw lesions and corkscrewed claws but not for locomotion. ..
- Dannevig I, Solevåg A, Sonerud T, Saugstad O, Nakstad B. Brain inflammation induced by severe asphyxia in newborn pigs and the impact of alternative resuscitation strategies on the newborn central nervous system. Pediatr Res. 2013;73:163-70 pubmed publisher..C:V ratios of 9:3 and 15:2 as compared with 3:1, or air instead of pure oxygen, did not modulate inflammatory markers. ..
- Hellings I, Larsen S. ImproWin® in the treatment of gastric ulceration of the squamous mucosa in trotting racehorses. Acta Vet Scand. 2014;56:13 pubmed publisher..8% in the placebo group were classified as responders. The difference was significant (P =?0.04). ImproWin® may aid the healing process of ulcers of the gastric squamous mucosa of trotters. ..
- Fiane A, Videm V, Johansen H, Mellbye O, Nielsen E, Mollnes T. C1-inhibitor attenuates hyperacute rejection and inhibits complement, leukocyte and platelet activation in an ex vivo pig-to-human perfusion model. Immunopharmacology. 1999;42:231-43 pubmed..C1-INH may be useful to attenuate hyperacute rejection, probably through inhibition of complement. The reduced activation of neutrophils and platelets may mainly be secondary to inhibition of complement. ..
- Aukland K, Tenstad O, Wiig H. Distribution spaces for hyaluronan and albumin in rat tail tendons. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H1589-97 pubmed..Chemical binding presumably explains the unelutable 55% of tendon HA. Intrafibrillar HA may act to stabilize the fibrillar volume...
- Lunde E, Western K, Rasmussen I, Sandlie I, Bogen B. Efficient delivery of T cell epitopes to APC by use of MHC class II-specific Troybodies. J Immunol. 2002;168:2154-62 pubmed..The study shows that class II-specific Troybodies can deliver a variety of T cell epitopes to professional APC for efficient presentation, in vitro as well as in vivo. Thus, Troybodies may be useful as tools in vaccine development. ..
- Dahle Ø, Andersen T, Nordgård O, Matre V, Del Sal G, Gabrielsen O. Transactivation properties of c-Myb are critically dependent on two SUMO-1 acceptor sites that are conjugated in a PIASy enhanced manner. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:1338-48 pubmed..We propose that the negative influence on transactivation properties by the negative regulatory domain region of c-Myb depends on the sumoylation sites located here. ..
- Johannessen M, Olsen P, Johansen B, Seternes O, Moens U. Activation of the coactivator four-and-a-half-LIM-only protein FHL2 and the c-fos promoter through inhibition of protein phosphatase 2A. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;65:1317-28 pubmed..These results suggest that dephosphorylation of the general coactivator FHL2 may represent a novel mechanism by which PP2A modulates the transcription of FHL2-responsive genes. ..
- Steensrud T, Nordhaug D, Elvenes O, Korvald C, Sørlie D. Superior myocardial protection with nicorandil cardioplegia. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2003;23:670-7 pubmed..Nicorandil as sole cardioplegic agent in cold blood given intermittently preserves left ventricular contractility and myocardial energetics significantly better than traditional forms of cardioplegia after cardiac arrest. ..
- Hassel B, Boldingh K, Narvesen C, Iversen E, Skrede K. Glutamate transport, glutamine synthetase and phosphate-activated glutaminase in rat CNS white matter. A quantitative study. J Neurochem. 2003;87:230-7 pubmed..Glutamate transporters in brain white matter may be important both physiologically and during energy failure when reversal of glutamate uptake may contribute to excitotoxicity. ..
- Mikalsen A, Sindre H, Torgersen J, Rimstad E. Protective effects of a DNA vaccine expressing the infectious salmon anemia virus hemagglutinin-esterase in Atlantic salmon. Vaccine. 2005;23:4895-905 pubmed..After challenge a specific humoral response could be demonstrated in the fish in all groups, but no correlation between this response and protection was found. ..
- Moya Falcón C, Thomassen M, Jakobsen J, Ruyter B. Effects of dietary supplementation of rapeseed oil on metabolism of [1-14C]18:1n-9, [1-14C]20:3n-6, and [1-14C]20:4n-3 in Atlantic salmon hepatocytes. Lipids. 2005;40:709-17 pubmed..Our data further showed that there were no differences in the hepatocyte FA oxidation capacity and the lipid deposition of carcass and liver between the two groups. ..
- Nie X. [Differential expression of Bmp2, Bmp4 and Bmp3 in embryonic development of mouse anterior and posterior palate]. Chin Med J (Engl). 2005;118:1710-6 pubmed..Disturbances of Bmp signalling during palatogenesis might be a possible mechanism of cleft palate. ..
- Gjerset B, Storset A, Rimstad E. Genetic diversity of small-ruminant lentiviruses: characterization of Norwegian isolates of Caprine arthritis encephalitis virus. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:573-80 pubmed..The results described here reveal a distant genetic relationship between Norwegian CAEV and other SRLVs and demonstrate that there is more geographical heterogeneity among SRLVs than reported previously...
- Ganot P, Bouquet J, Thompson E. Comparative organization of follicle, accessory cells and spawning anlagen in dynamic semelparous clutch manipulators, the urochordate Oikopleuridae. Biol Cell. 2006;98:389-401 pubmed
- Bruland Ø, Nilsson S, Fisher D, Larsen R. High-linear energy transfer irradiation targeted to skeletal metastases by the alpha-emitter 223Ra: adjuvant or alternative to conventional modalities?. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:6250s-6257s pubmed..Lastly, we present preliminary dose estimates for 223Ra in humans. Results indicate that repeated dosing is feasible and toxicity is low, and that opportunities are available for combined treatment strategies...
- Andersen O, Wetten O, De Rosa M, Andre C, Carelli Alinovi C, Colafranceschi M, et al. Haemoglobin polymorphisms affect the oxygen-binding properties in Atlantic cod populations. Proc Biol Sci. 2009;276:833-41 pubmed publisher..The distinct distributions of the functionally different haemoglobin variants indicate that the present biogeography of this ecologically and economically important species might be seriously affected by global warming. ..
- das Neves C, Thiry J, Skjerve E, Yoccoz N, Rimstad E, Thiry E, et al. Alphaherpesvirus infections in semidomesticated reindeer: a cross-sectional serological study. Vet Microbiol. 2009;139:262-9 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that CvHV-2 is endemic throughout the reindeer herding districts of northern Norway...
- Granquist E, Stuen S, Crosby L, Lundgren A, Alleman A, Barbet A. Variant-specific and diminishing immune responses towards the highly variable MSP2(P44) outer membrane protein of Anaplasma phagocytophilum during persistent infection in lambs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;133:117-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, there was a diminishing antibody response to MSP2(P44) and to other A. phagocytophilum antigens overall with time of infection, that was not associated with clearance of the infection. ..
- Sekelja M, Berget I, Næs T, Rudi K. Unveiling an abundant core microbiota in the human adult colon by a phylogroup-independent searching approach. ISME J. 2011;5:519-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the stability, prevalence and potential functionality support the fact that the identified core phylogroups are pivotal in maintaining gut homeostasis and health. ..
- Knudsen E, Lindén A, Both C, Jonzen N, Pulido F, Saino N, et al. Challenging claims in the study of migratory birds and climate change. Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc. 2011;86:928-46 pubmed publisher..A proper integration across biological disciplines seems essential for the field's transition from affirming patterns to understanding mechanisms and making robust predictions regarding future consequences of shifting phenologies. ..
- Harboe M, Thorgersen E, Mollnes T. Advances in assay of complement function and activation. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2011;63:976-87 pubmed publisher..This information can be used to develop new materials with enhanced biocompatibility. Here we review available methods to study human and animal complement function and activation in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Moe R, Stubsjøen S, Bohlin J, Flø A, Bakken M. Peripheral temperature drop in response to anticipation and consumption of a signaled palatable reward in laying hens (Gallus domesticus). Physiol Behav. 2012;106:527-33 pubmed publisher..Substantial temperature responses due to diet-induced thermogenesis were found, further emphasizing a cautious interpretation of altered comb temperature in studies of animal welfare. ..
- Strømman G, Rosseland B, Skipperud L, Burkitbaev L, Uralbekov B, Heier L, et al. Uranium activity ratio in water and fish from pit lakes in Kurday, Kazakhstan and Taboshar, Tajikistan. J Environ Radioact. 2013;123:71-81 pubmed publisher..8 L/kg w.w.), gills (BCF = 3.6 L/kg w.w.), kidney (BCF = 3.6 L/kg w.w.), and liver (BCF = 2.5 L/kg w.w.), while least was accumulated in the muscle (BCF = 0.12 L/kg w.w.)...
- Sonesson A, Woolliams J, Meuwissen T. Genomic selection requires genomic control of inbreeding. Genet Sel Evol. 2012;44:27 pubmed publisher..e. pedigree-based inbreeding control with traditional pedigree-based BLUP estimated breeding values and genome-based inbreeding control with genome-based estimated breeding values. ..
- Overgaard H, Reddy V, Abaga S, Matias A, Reddy M, Kulkarni V, et al. Malaria transmission after five years of vector control on Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea. Parasit Vectors. 2012;5:253 pubmed publisher..To further reduce transmission, indoor residual spraying (IRS) needs to be supplemented with additional vector control interventions. ..
- Bizarro C, Eide M, Hitchcock D, Goksøyr A, Ortiz Zarragoitia M. Single and mixture effects of aquatic micropollutants studied in precision-cut liver slices of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:395-404 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present work highlights the importance of assessing mixtures when describing the toxic effects of micropollutants to fish liver metabolism. ..
- Eide P, Hole K, Berge O, Broch O. 5-HT depletion with 5,7-DHT, PCA and PCPA in mice: differential effects on the sensitivity to 5-MeODMT, 8-OH-DPAT and 5-HTP as measured by two nociceptive tests. Brain Res. 1988;440:42-52 pubmed..Alternatively, the three 5-HT depleting agents may produce a qualitatively different reduction of 5-HT...
- Gjellesvik D, Lorens J, Male R. Pancreatic carboxylester lipase from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). cDNA sequence and computer-assisted modelling of tertiary structure. Eur J Biochem. 1994;226:603-12 pubmed..Instead, the shortening of this loop leads to solvent exposure of the carboxylester lipase insert region, an additional indication of the functional importance of this region. ..
- Jørgensen J, Johansen A, Stenersen B, Sommer A. CpG oligodeoxynucleotides and plasmid DNA stimulate Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) leucocytes to produce supernatants with antiviral activity. Dev Comp Immunol. 2001;25:313-21 pubmed..The potent immune activation by CpG ODNs points to possible new applications as adjuvant in fish vaccines. ..
- Brenna O, Qvigstad G, Brenna E, Waldum H. Cytotoxicity of streptozotocin on neuroendocrine cells of the pancreas and the gut. Dig Dis Sci. 2003;48:906-10 pubmed..This finding may have clinical significance and suggests that streptozotocin may be used in the treatment of gastric neuroendocrine tumors as well as insulinomas. ..
- Frost P, Nilsen F. Validation of reference genes for transcription profiling in the salmon louse, Lepeophtheirus salmonis, by quantitative real-time PCR. Vet Parasitol. 2003;118:169-74 pubmed..salmonis life cycle. Furthermore our results indicated that 18S RNA, although constitutively expressed, is not a convenient reference gene for relative quantification of most transcripts...
- Austenaa L, Carlsen H, Ertesvag A, Alexander G, Blomhoff H, Blomhoff R. Vitamin A status significantly alters nuclear factor-kappaB activity assessed by in vivo imaging. FASEB J. 2004;18:1255-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that vitamin A status, and vitamin A itself, affects NF-kappaB activity in vivo and that the elevated NF-kappaB activity in VAD may be a mechanism underlying some of the features of VAD syndrome. ..
- Roll E. Bilirubin-induced cell death during continuous and intermittent phototherapy and in the dark. Acta Paediatr. 2005;94:1437-42 pubmed..Continuous and intermittent light exposure caused the same degree of apoptotic cell death, while the cells underwent more necrotic death after intermittent exposure. Bilirubin was cytotoxic in the dark by both cell death mechanisms. ..
- Olsvik P, Lie K, Jordal A, Nilsen T, Hordvik I. Evaluation of potential reference genes in real-time RT-PCR studies of Atlantic salmon. BMC Mol Biol. 2005;6:21 pubmed..Overall, this work suggests that the EF1AA and EF1AB genes can be useful as reference genes in qRT-PCR examination of gene expression in the Atlantic salmon. ..
- Lygren B, Carlson C, Santamaria K, Lissandron V, McSorley T, Litzenberg J, et al. AKAP complex regulates Ca2+ re-uptake into heart sarcoplasmic reticulum. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:1061-7 pubmed..This prevents the subsequent release of PLN from SERCA2, thereby affecting the Ca(2+) re-uptake into the sarcoplasmic reticulum induced by adrenergic stimuli. ..
- Jørgensen S, Afanasyev S, Krasnov A. Gene expression analyses in Atlantic salmon challenged with infectious salmon anemia virus reveal differences between individuals with early, intermediate and late mortality. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:179 pubmed publisher..The ability to endure high levels of infection for sustained periods could be associated with lower inflammatory responses while subsequent protection and viral clearance was most likely conferred by activation of adaptive immunity. ..
- Todorcević M, Vegusdal A, Gjøen T, Sundvold H, Torstensen B, Kjaer M, et al. Changes in fatty acids metabolism during differentiation of Atlantic salmon preadipocytes; effects of n-3 and n-9 fatty acids. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1781:326-35 pubmed publisher..Most of the EPA and DHA were oxidized in preadipocytes, while they were mainly stored in TAGs in mature adipocytes in contrast to OA which was primarily stored in TAGs at all stages of differentiation. ..
- Fuglei E, Ims R. Global warming and effects on the Arctic fox. Sci Prog. 2008;91:175-91 pubmed..Indeed, arctic islands, becoming protected from southern species invasions as the extent of sea ice is decreasing, may become the last refuges for coastal populations of Arctic foxes...
- Gordeladze J, Djouad F, Brondello J, Noel D, Duroux Richard I, Apparailly F, et al. Concerted stimuli regulating osteo-chondral differentiation from stem cells: phenotype acquisition regulated by microRNAs. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:1369-84 pubmed publisher..The present approach to cell differentiation in vitro may vastly influence cell engineering for in vivo tissue repair. ..
- Holla Ø, Strøm T, Cameron J, Berge K, Leren T. A chimeric LDL receptor containing the cytoplasmic domain of the transferrin receptor is degraded by PCSK9. Mol Genet Metab. 2010;99:149-56 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ubiquitination of lysines in the cytoplasmic domain does not appear to play a critical role in the PCSK9-mediated degradation of the LDLR. ..
- Sundvold H, Ruyter B, Ostbye T, Moen T. Identification of a novel allele of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARG) and its association with resistance to Aeromonas salmonicida in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:394-400 pubmed publisher..This is the first report showing an association between pparg alleles and an enhanced immune response in fish...
- Tryland M, Okeke M, Af Segerstad C, MÃ¶rner T, Traavik T, Ryser Degiorgis M. Orthopoxvirus DNA in Eurasian lynx, Sweden. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:626-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OPV is widely distributed in Sweden and may represent a threat to humans. Further studies are needed to verify whether this lynx OPV is cowpox virus. ..
- Balzer S, Malde K, Jonassen I. Systematic exploration of error sources in pyrosequencing flowgram data. Bioinformatics. 2011;27:i304-9 pubmed publisher..The flowsim pipeline is freely available under the General Public License from http://biohaskell.org/Applications/FlowSim. email@example.com. ..
- Rootwelt V, Reksen O, Farstad W, Framstad T. Blood variables and body weight gain on the first day of life in crossbred pigs and importance for survival. J Anim Sci. 2012;90:1134-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that several blood variables recorded at birth and on d 1 and BW gain on d 1 were highly associated with survival at weaning and that piglets born in the last third of the litter had less favorable vitality. ..
- Tingbø M, Pedersen M, Kolset S, Enersen G, Hannesson K. Lumican is a major small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) skeletal muscle. Glycoconj J. 2012;29:13-23 pubmed publisher..Other leucine-rich proteoglycans were also present in cod muscle, and Western blot using antibodies developed for mammalian species showed cross reactivity with fish, demonstrating similar structures and molecular weights as in mammals. ..
- Jahnsen J, Uhlen S. The N-terminal region of the human 5-HT?C receptor has as a cleavable signal peptide. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;684:44-50 pubmed publisher..Cleaving of the signal peptide is important for translocation of the wild type receptor to the plasma membrane. The two amino acids differentially encoded by the C23S SNP are likely absent from the mature 5-HT(2C) receptor. ..
- Yazdani M. Concerns in the application of fluorescent probes DCDHF-DA, DHR 123 and DHE to measure reactive oxygen species in vitro. Toxicol In Vitro. 2015;30:578-82 pubmed publisher..This paper aims to highlight such contributing factors, including cell culture conditions and the characteristics of individual fluorescent probes in the utilization of these selected probes in in vitro systems. ..
- Bjerke T, Vittersø J, Kaltenborn B. Locus of control and attitudes toward large carnivores. Psychol Rep. 2000;86:37-46 pubmed..Among sheep farmers and research biologists a positive association was found between an external locus of control and negative attitudes toward large carnivores. ..
- Krogdahl A, Bakke McKellep A. Fasting and refeeding cause rapid changes in intestinal tissue mass and digestive enzyme capacities of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2005;141:450-60 pubmed..Investigations of digestive processes of fed fish should only be performed when intestines are feed-filled to avoid bias due to effects of fasting. ..
- Moe K, Kettunen P, Kvinnsland I, Luukko K. Development of the pioneer sympathetic innervation into the dental pulp of the mouse mandibular first molar. Arch Oral Biol. 2008;53:865-73 pubmed publisher..This indicates differential developmental regulation of the initial sensory and sympathetic innervation of teeth and provides essential background data for further studies on the molecular regulation of pulp innervation. ..
- Rosenholm J, Gulin Sarfraz T, Mamaeva V, Niemi R, Özliseli E, Desai D, et al. Prolonged Dye Release from Mesoporous Silica-Based Imaging Probes Facilitates Long-Term Optical Tracking of Cell Populations In Vivo. Small. 2016;12:1578-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ex vivo analysis reveals fluorescently labeled metastatic colonies in lymph node and rib, highlighting the capability of the developed probes for tracking of metastasis. ..
- Dissen E, Ryan J, Seaman W, Fossum S. An autosomal dominant locus, Nka, mapping to the Ly-49 region of a rat natural killer (NK) gene complex, controls NK cell lysis of allogeneic lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 1996;183:2197-207 pubmed..Their cytoplasmic domains demonstrate substantial heterogeneity, consistent with the hypothesis that different Ly-49 family members may subserve different signaling functions. ..
- Olsen L, Aasland R, Fjose A. A vasa-like gene in zebrafish identifies putative primordial germ cells. Mech Dev. 1997;66:95-105 pubmed..Putative maternal vlg transcripts were detected shortly after fertilization and from the blastula stage onwards, expression was restricted to migratory cells most likely to be primordial germ cells. ..
- Berg A, Kirkebo A, Heyeraas K. Micropuncture measurements of interstitial fluid pressure in rat nasal mucosa during early inflammatory reactions. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1998;85:465-70 pubmed..The decrease in Pif seen under these circumstances reveals a possible mechanism participating in the rapid and initial edema formation after inflammatory provocations...
- Kjekshus H, Risoe C, Scholz T, Smiseth O. Methods for assessing hepatic distending pressure and changes in hepatic capacitance in pigs. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;279:H1796-803 pubmed..In conclusion, P(hlv) reflects hepatic distending pressure, and the construction of dynamic PV curves is a fast and valid method for assessing hepatic compliance and changes in unstressed blood volume...
- Taubøll E, Gregoraszczuk E, Kołodziej A, Kajta M, Ropstad E. Valproate inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estradiol and acts as an apoptotic agent in growing porcine ovarian follicular cells. Epilepsia. 2003;44:1014-21 pubmed..In addition, VPA may act as an apoptotic agent in both small and medium-sized follicles. ..
- Krøvel A, Olsen L. Sexual dimorphic expression pattern of a splice variant of zebrafish vasa during gonadal development. Dev Biol. 2004;271:190-7 pubmed..Our data further suggest that there is a switch from maternal to zygotic expression of the long splice variant of vas as sexual dimorphic development commences. ..
- Tryland M, Klein J, Nordøy E, Blix A. Isolation and partial characterization of a parapoxvirus isolated from a skin lesion of a Weddell seal. Virus Res. 2005;108:83-7 pubmed..This is the first verified case of parapoxvirus infection in a Weddell seal, and also the first report of any such infections in the Antarctic...
- Valle P, Skjerve E, Martin S, Larssen R, Østerås O, Nyberg O. Ten years of bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV) control in Norway: a cost-benefit analysis. Prev Vet Med. 2005;72:189-207; discussion 215-9 pubmed..Even though every cattle population and country is unique, the Norwegian findings and experiences should have wider implications. ..
- Kjeldsen S, Lyle P, Tershakovec A, Devereux R, Oparil S, Dahlof B, et al. Targeting the renin-angiotensin system for the reduction of cardiovascular outcomes in hypertension: angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2005;10:729-45 pubmed..Selected issues related to use of RAAS agents as antihypertensive therapies (e.g., Type 2 diabetes, global risk management, multiple drug therapy and coronary heart disease) are addressed. ..
- Lund V, Børdal S, Kjellsen O, Mikkelsen H, Schrøder M. Comparison of antibody responses in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) to Aeromonas salmonicida and Vibrio anguillarum. Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:1145-55 pubmed..anguillarum. The antibody responses to both bacterial species were mainly toward LPS, and the results indicate that cod antibodies are able to differentiate between LPS antigens from typical and atypical A. salmonicida strains...
- Misund K, Steigedal T, Laegreid A, Thommesen L. Inducible cAMP early repressor splice variants ICER I and IIgamma both repress transcription of c-fos and chromogranin A. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:1532-44 pubmed..The proliferation rate was not altered in cells overexpressing ICER I or IIgamma. Thus, in the epithelial cells HEK 293, ICER I and IIgamma splice variants seem to exert similar biological function. ..
- Meisdalen K, Dajani O, Christoffersen T, Sandnes D. Prostaglandins enhance epidermal growth factor-induced DNA synthesis in hepatocytes by stimulation of E prostanoid 3 and F prostanoid receptors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;322:1044-50 pubmed..We conclude that, although a minor effect is exerted by FP receptors, the growth-stimulatory effects of prostaglandins in rat hepatocytes are mediated mainly by EP3 receptors. We have found no evidence of EP1 receptor involvement. ..
- García Rosado E, Markussen T, Kileng O, Baekkevold E, Robertsen B, Mjaaland S, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of two infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISAV) proteins with type I interferon antagonizing activity. Virus Res. 2008;133:228-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, ISAV counteracts the type I IFN response by the action of at least two of its gene products, rather than just one, as appears to be the case for other known members of the Orthomyxoviridae. ..
- V ge D, Boman I. A nonsense mutation in the beta-carotene oxygenase 2 (BCO2) gene is tightly associated with accumulation of carotenoids in adipose tissue in sheep (Ovis aries). BMC Genet. 2010;11:10 pubmed publisher..Genotyping AI rams for c.196C>T can now be actively used in selection against the yellow fat trait...
- Totland G, Fjelldal P, Kryvi H, Løkka G, Wargelius A, Sagstad A, et al. Sustained swimming increases the mineral content and osteocyte density of salmon vertebral bone. J Anat. 2011;219:490-501 pubmed publisher..This study offers new insight into the teleost bone biology, and may have implications for maintaining acceptable welfare for farmed salmon. ..
- Pettersen H, Visnes T, Vågbø C, Svaasand E, Doseth B, Slupphaug G, et al. UNG-initiated base excision repair is the major repair route for 5-fluorouracil in DNA, but 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity depends mainly on RNA incorporation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:8430-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, UNG-initiated BER is the major route for FU-DNA repair, but cytotoxicity of FU is predominantly RNA-mediated, while DNA-mediated effects are limited to FdUrd. ..
- Robinson N, Sahoo P, Baranski M, Das Mahapatra K, Saha J, Das S, et al. Expressed sequences and polymorphisms in rohu carp (Labeo rohita, Hamilton) revealed by mRNA-seq. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2012;14:620-33 pubmed..rohita, including annotated microsatellites and SNPs from a mixture of A. hydrophila-susceptible and -resistant individuals, was created for subsequent experiments aiming to identify genes associated with A. hydrophila resistance. ..
- Adler S, Jensen S, Thuen E, Gustavsson A, Harstad O, Steinshamn H. Effect of silage botanical composition on ruminal biohydrogenation and transfer of fatty acids to milk in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2013;96:1135-47 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that high proportions of red clover and other dicotyledons in the silages affected ruminal biohydrogenation and increased milk fat proportions of beneficial FA...
- Forberg T, Sjulstad E, Bakke I, Olsen Y, Hagiwara A, Sakakura Y, et al. Correlation between microbiota and growth in Mangrove Killifish (Kryptolebias marmoratus) and Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Sci Rep. 2016;6:21192 pubmed publisher..The microbiota of small and large cod larvae was significantly different with regards to evenness and diversity (p = 0.0001), and a strong correlation between microbiota and growth was observed. ..
- Lindqvist C, Roy T, Lydersen C, Kovacs K, Aars J, Wiig Ã, et al. Genetic diversity of historical Atlantic walruses (Odobenus rosmarus rosmarus) from BjÃ¸rnÃ¸ya and HÃ¥Ã¸ya (TusenÃ¸yane), Svalbard, Norway. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:112 pubmed publisher..However, given the low sample size and poor phylogenetic resolution it cannot be excluded that such haplogroups existed. ..
- Blévin P, Tartu S, Ellis H, Chastel O, Bustamante P, Parenteau C, et al. Contaminants and energy expenditure in an Arctic seabird: Organochlorine pesticides and perfluoroalkyl substances are associated with metabolic rate in a contrasted manner. Environ Res. 2017;157:118-126 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study highlights the need for ecotoxicological studies to include a large variety of contaminants which can act in an antagonistic manner. ..
- Kirkeby O. Revascularisation of bone grafts in rats. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1991;73:501-5 pubmed..The ingrowth of new vessels is impaired in allogeneic bone, and this probably inhibits the rate of bone formation and resorption of the grafts...
- El Agroudi M, Selliseth N, Selvig K. Microvascular system of the rat incisor enamel organ. A scanning electron microscopic study of vascular corrosion casts. Eur J Oral Sci. 1998;106:1013-21 pubmed..The findings demonstrate that the microvasculature of the rat incisor enamel organ has an exceptionally high level of physiologically-adapted structural organization. ..
- Winberg J, Berg E, Kolset S, Uhlin Hansen L. Calcium-induced activation and truncation of promatrix metalloproteinase-9 linked to the core protein of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:3996-4007 pubmed
- Hajjar E, Mihajlovic M, Witko Sarsat V, Lazaridis T, Reuter N. Computational prediction of the binding site of proteinase 3 to the plasma membrane. Proteins. 2008;71:1655-69 pubmed..Our results agree with previous experimental observations and this work predicts, for the first time, the structural determinants of the binding of PR3 to membranes. ..
- Overgård A, Hordvik I, Nerland A, Eikeland G, Patel S. Cloning and expression analysis of Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) CD3 genes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:707-13 pubmed publisher..The real time RT-PCR analysis revealed a highly similar expression pattern of the CD3 genes and the TCRalpha and TCRbeta genes, indicating that the functional relationship between the TCR and the CD3 genes are preserved in teleosts...