Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in New Zealand
Locale: New Zealand
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Searchfield G, Muñoz D, Thorne P. Ensemble spontaneous activity in the guinea-pig cochlear nerve. Hear Res. 2004;192:23-35 pubmed
- Lai A, Hou W, Verdon D, Nicholson L, Barling P. The distribution of the growth factors FGF-2 and VEGF, and their receptors, in growing red deer antler. Tissue Cell. 2007;39:35-46 pubmed
- Martens A, Kosloff S, Greenberg J, Landau M, Schmader T. Killing begets killing: evidence from a bug-killing paradigm that initial killing fuels subsequent killing. Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 2007;33:1251-64 pubmed..In Study 3, after greater initial killing, more subsequent self-paced killing led to more favorable affective change. Implications for understanding lethal human violence are discussed. ..
- Mackintosh C, Clark R, Thompson B, Tolentino B, Griffin J, de Lisle G. Age susceptibility of red deer (Cervus elaphus) to paratuberculosis. Vet Microbiol. 2010;143:255-61 pubmed publisher..There is a strong age-related resistance against clinical disease and subclinical disease, but not to infection with MAP, after heavy oral challenge. ..
- Mauchline N, Hallett I, Hill G, Casonato S. Process of infection of armored scale insects (Diaspididae) by an entomopathogenic Cosmospora sp. J Invertebr Pathol. 2011;108:46-51 pubmed publisher..g. spiracles, vulva, stylet), with mycosis observed within seven days after inoculation. Direct penetration through the cuticle of the scale insect was not observed. ..
- Beck K, Kruger R, Conlon C, Heath A, Matthys C, Coad J, et al. Suboptimal iron status and associated dietary patterns and practices in premenopausal women living in Auckland, New Zealand. Eur J Nutr. 2013;52:467-76 pubmed publisher..Dietary pattern analysis is a novel and potentially powerful tool for investigating the relationship between diet and iron status. ..
- Weisshaar G, Hiyama J, Renwick A. Site-specific N-glycosylation of ovine lutropin. Structural analysis by one- and two-dimensional 1H-NMR spectroscopy. Eur J Biochem. 1990;192:741-51 pubmed..The results clearly indicate a distinct subunit- and site-specific synthesis of oligosaccharides in ovine lutropin and suggest that biosynthesis is effectively influenced by the surrounding polypeptide chain(s) at a given site. ..
- Fennessy P, Suttie J, Crosbie S, Corson I, Elgar H, Lapwood K. Plasma LH and testosterone responses to gonadotrophin-releasing hormone in adult red deer (Cervus elaphus) stags during the annual antler cycle. J Endocrinol. 1988;117:35-41 pubmed..Low plasma concentrations of testosterone, even after LH stimulation, are consistent with the hypothesis that testosterone is unnecessary as an antler growth stimulant during growth. ..
- Lewis R, Batchelor D, Bassett N, Johnston B, Napier J, Skinner S. Perinatal growth disturbance in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. Pediatr Res. 1997;42:758-64 pubmed..01). Differences in growth and endocrine and metabolic parameters suggest abnormal perinatal physiology in the SHR, which may influence the later development of hypertension. ..
- Muñoz D, Kendrick I, Rassam M, Thorne P. Vesicular storage of adenosine triphosphate in the guinea-pig cochlear lateral wall and concentrations of ATP in the endolymph during sound exposure and hypoxia. Acta Otolaryngol. 2001;121:10-5 pubmed..The presence of ATP under basal conditions supports a role for ATP in the sound transduction process during normal function...
- Anderson C. Blood pressure-lowering for secondary prevention of stroke: ACE inhibition is the key. Stroke. 2003;34:1333-4 pubmed
- Quaedackers J, Roelfsema V, Fraser M, Gunn A, Bennet L. Cardiovascular and endocrine effects of a single course of maternal dexamethasone treatment in preterm fetal sheep. BJOG. 2005;112:182-91 pubmed..In contrast to previous experiments utilising direct fetal infusion of steroids, maternal administration of DEX was associated with only transient hypertension. ..
- Li C, Stanton J, Robertson T, Suttie J, Sheard P, Harris A, et al. Nerve growth factor mRNA expression in the regenerating antler tip of red deer (Cervus elaphus). PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e148 pubmed..The annual growth of deer antler presents a unique opportunity to better understand the factors involved in rapid nerve regeneration...
- Gordon R, Mehrabi N, Maucksch C, Connor B. Chemokines influence the migration and fate of neural precursor cells from the young adult and middle-aged rat subventricular zone. Exp Neurol. 2012;233:587-94 pubmed publisher..While a response to each of these chemokines is maintained in the middle-aged brain, a distinct age-related alteration in differential fate can be identified. ..
- Bagshaw A, Pitt J, Gemmell N. Association of poly-purine/poly-pyrimidine sequences with meiotic recombination hot spots. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:179 pubmed
- Ducret E, Gaidamaka G, Herbison A. Electrical and morphological characteristics of anteroventral periventricular nucleus kisspeptin and other neurons in the female mouse. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2223-32 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a morphological and electrical description of AVPV/RP3V neurons and demonstrate their cycle-dependent firing patterns along with an unexpected lack of acute response to the circadian neuropeptides. ..
- Martin H, Comeskey D, Simpson R, Laing W, McGhie T. Quantification of folate in fruits and vegetables: A fluorescence-based homogeneous assay. Anal Biochem. 2010;402:137-45 pubmed publisher..These data are similar to published values. However, the assay will not detect 5-formyltetrahydrofolate which is a significant constituent of the total folate in lettuce, spinach, carrot, and peppers. ..
- Smith H, Merry T. Voluntary resistance wheel exercise during post-natal growth in rats enhances skeletal muscle satellite cell and myonuclear content at adulthood. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2012;204:393-402 pubmed publisher..The enhanced muscle fibre nuclear populations may influence the capacity of the muscle to adapt to exercise, injury or disuse in later adulthood. ..
- McFadden A, Tisdall D, Hill F, Otterson P, Pulford D, Peake J, et al. The first case of a bull persistently infected with Border disease virus in New Zealand. N Z Vet J. 2012;60:290-6 pubmed publisher..Poor reproductive performance was observed in 62 dairy heifers, with a pregnancy rate of 23% following 57 days mating with one 3-year-old and two 2-year old Belted Galloway bulls that were sourced from separate sheep and beef farms...
- Vergara CastaÃ±eda E, Grattan D, Pasantes Morales H, PÃ©rez DomÃnguez M, Cabrera Reyes E, Morales T, et al. Prolactin mediates neuroprotection against excitotoxicity in primary cell cultures of hippocampal neurons via its receptor. Brain Res. 2016;1636:193-199 pubmed publisher..The overall results indicated that PRL induces neuroprotection in neurons from primary cell cultures. ..
- Smith L, Parr Brownlie L, Duncan E, Black M, Gemmell N, Dearden P, et al. Striatal mRNA expression patterns underlying peak dose L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in the 6-OHDA hemiparkinsonian rat. Neuroscience. 2016;324:238-51 pubmed publisher..These genes may be potential targets for drugs to ameliorate L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia or as an adjunct treatment to prevent their occurrence. ..
- Broad T, Burkin D, Cambridge L, Jones C, Lewis P, Morse H, et al. Six loci mapped on to human chromosome 2p are assigned to sheep chromosome 3p. Anim Genet. 1995;26:85-90 pubmed..Therefore, we predict that the other loci assigned in this study to sheep 3p are likely to be located on cattle 11. The provisional assignment of an additional locus, annexin-like to sheep chromosome 3p is also reported. ..
- Lewis P, Crosier K, Wood C, Crosier P. Analysis of the murine Dtk gene identifies conservation of genomic structure within a new receptor tyrosine kinase subfamily. Genomics. 1996;31:13-9 pubmed..The overall genomic structure of Dtk is virtually identical to that determined for the human UFO gene. This particular genomic organization is likely to have been duplicated and closely maintained throughout evolution. ..
- Leung E, Print C, Parry D, Closey D, Lockhart P, Skinner S, et al. Cloning of novel kinectin splice variants with alternative C-termini: structure, distribution and evolution of mouse kinectin. Immunol Cell Biol. 1996;74:421-33 pubmed..The electrostatic properties of the coiled-coil region of mouse kinectin, together with the relative frequencies of residues in particular positions within the heptad repeats support this notion. ..
- Palmer D, Jolly R, van Mil H, Tyynela J, Westlake V. Different patterns of hydrophobic protein storage in different forms of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (NCL, Batten disease). Neuropediatrics. 1997;28:45-8 pubmed..These results suggest two classes of NCL, the subunit c-storing diseases, related by a series of lesions in a subunit c-turnover pathway, and the SAP-storing diseases. ..
- Black P, Udy A, Brodie S. Sensitivity to fungal allergens is a risk factor for life-threatening asthma. Allergy. 2000;55:501-4 pubmed..A positive skin test for fungal allergens is a risk factor for admission to an ICU with an acute attack of asthma. ..
- Li C, Wang W, Manley T, Suttie J. No direct mitogenic effect of sex hormones on antlerogenic cells detected in vitro. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2001;124:75-81 pubmed..Instead, androgen hormones may only allow the process to proceed by increasing the sensitivity of antlerogenic cells to mitogens, e.g., some growth factors...
- Sullivan R, Hagen E. Psychotropic substance-seeking: evolutionary pathology or adaptation?. Addiction. 2002;97:389-400 pubmed
- Clark D, Li C, Wang W, Martin S, Suttie J. Vascular localization and proliferation in the growing tip of the deer antler. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2006;288:973-81 pubmed..Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Costello M. Ecology of sea lice parasitic on farmed and wild fish. Trends Parasitol. 2006;22:475-83 pubmed..salmonis and Caligus spp. This knowledge could be used to take measures to reduce the risks of lice affecting farmed and wild fish...
- Clark D, Lord E, Suttie J. Expression of VEGF and pleiotrophin in deer antler. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2006;288:1281-93 pubmed..This is the first report of cervine angiogenic growth factors within the growing antler tip...
- Lord E, Martin S, Gray J, Li C, Clark D. Cell cycle genes PEDF and CDKN1C in growing deer antlers. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2007;290:994-1004 pubmed..CDKN1C mRNA was expressed by only the immature chondrocytes within the precartilage region. These results suggested that PEDF and CDKN1C are important genes involved in cell proliferation and differentiation during antler growth...
- Proft T, Baker E. Pili in Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria - structure, assembly and their role in disease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:613-35 pubmed publisher..Minor pilins are added to the fiber and play a major role in host cell colonization.This review gives an overview of the structure, assembly and function of the best-characterized pili of both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria...
- Logan D, Maher B, Dobson S, Connolly P. Larval survival of fuller's rose weevil, Naupactus cervinus, on common groundcover species in orchards of New Zealand kiwifruit. J Insect Sci. 2008;8:1-10 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that larval polyphagy is a strategy that enables N. cervinus to persist at low densities in kiwifruit orchards despite variation in the quality and diversity of groundcover. ..
- McDougall S. Comparison of diagnostic approaches, and a cost-benefit analysis of different diagnostic approaches and treatments of anoestrous dairy cows. N Z Vet J. 2010;58:81-9 pubmed publisher..Differentiation of anoestrous cows into CL+ and CL- groups for treatment was not cost-effective. ..
- Papst S, Noisier A, Brimble M, Yang Y, Krissansen G. Tyrosine modified analogues of the ?4?7 integrin inhibitor biotin-R?ERY prepared via Click Chemistry: synthesis and biological evaluation. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:2638-44 pubmed publisher..Two of the synthesised peptidomimetics, analogues 11 and 14, are more active than our previously reported lead compound biotin-r(9)YDRREY at concentrations of 100 and 50 ?M, with 14 exhibiting an IC(50) of less than 10 ?M. ..
- Bach K, Kuschel C, Hooper S, Bertram J, McKnight S, Peachey S, et al. High bias gas flows increase lung injury in the ventilated preterm lamb. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47044 pubmed publisher..High ventilator bias gas flows resulted in increased lung injury, with up-regulation of acute early response genes and increased histological lung injury. Bias gas flows may, therefore, contribute to VILI and BPD. ..
- Lawrence K, Tulley W, Laven R. Observations on the incidence and seasonality of uterine torsion and left displaced abomasum following the 2001 outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in the UK. Vet J. 2013;196:332-8 pubmed publisher..Additional research is required to further elucidate the risk factors contributing to the increased incidence of LDA and uterine torsion in dairy cows under UK conditions. ..
- Ngo L, Ho H, Hunter P, Quinn K, Thomson A, Pearson G. Post-mortem prediction of primal and selected retail cut weights of New Zealand lamb from carcass and animal characteristics. Meat Sci. 2016;112:39-45 pubmed publisher..62), French rack (adj-R(2)=0.76) and rump (adj-R(2)=0.75). The carcass cold weight had the best predictive power, with the accuracy increasing by around 10% after including the next three most significant variables. ..
- Dalton J, Uy B, Swift S, Wiles S. A Novel Restraint Device for Injection of Galleria mellonella Larvae that Minimizes the Risk of Accidental Operator Needle Stick Injury. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:99 pubmed publisher..We describe a simple cost effective device (the so-called "Galleria Grabber") for restraining waxworms for injection that keeps the operator's fingers clear of the needle thus reducing the risk of injury...
- Mackintosh C, Labes R, Thompson B, Clark R, de Lisle G, Johnstone P, et al. Efficacy, immune responses and side-effects of vaccines against Johne's disease in young red deer (Cervus elaphus) experimentally challenged with Mycobacterium avium subsp paratuberculosis. N Z Vet J. 2008;56:1-9 pubmed publisher
- Lockhart P, Steel M, Hendy M, Penny D. Recovering evolutionary trees under a more realistic model of sequence evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 1994;11:605-12 pubmed..Consequently, many published studies may need to be reexamined. ..
- Goldstone D, Villas Boas S, Till M, Kelly W, Attwood G, Arcus V. Structural and functional characterization of a promiscuous feruloyl esterase (Est1E) from the rumen bacterium Butyrivibrio proteoclasticus. Proteins. 2010;78:1457-69 pubmed publisher..proteoclasticus contains greater than 130 enzymes, which are potentially involved in this process of which Est1E is the first to be well characterized...
- Gong H, Zhou H, Yu Z, Dyer J, Plowman J, Hickford J. Identification of the ovine keratin-associated protein KAP1-2 gene (KRTAP1-2). Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:815-9 pubmed publisher..The variation identified here may influence the expression or protein structure of KAP1-2 and consequently wool structure and wool traits. ..
- Benschop J, Stevenson M, Dahl J, Morris R, French N. Temporal and longitudinal analysis of Danish Swine Salmonellosis Control Programme data: implications for surveillance. Epidemiol Infect. 2008;136:1511-20 pubmed publisher..These findings have practical applications for both farm-level sampling strategy and national-level aberration detection which potentially could result in a more cost-effective surveillance strategy. ..
- Cross F, Jackson R. The execution of planned detours by spider-eating predators. J Exp Anal Behav. 2016;105:194-210 pubmed publisher..Yet all 15 species chose the correct walkway significantly more often than the incorrect walkway. We propose that these findings exemplify genuine cognition based on representation. ..
- Dragunow M, Faull R. The use of c-fos as a metabolic marker in neuronal pathway tracing. J Neurosci Methods. 1989;29:261-5 pubmed..To overcome these potential problems we list a number of steps that should be followed when using Fos immunocytochemistry as a metabolic marker of brain activity. ..
- Burton L, Housley G, Salih S, Jarlebark L, Christie D, Greenwood D. P2X2 receptor expression by interstitial cells of Cajal in vas deferens implicated in semen emission. Auton Neurosci. 2000;84:147-61 pubmed..Possible roles include regulation of smooth muscle activity or mucosal secretion utilizing local ATP signaling, both of which would affect semen transport. ..
- Yuan Q, Jiang W, Leung E, Hollander D, Watson J, Krissansen G. Molecular cloning of the mouse integrin beta 7 subunit. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:7352-8 pubmed
- Gravatt G, Baguley B, Wilson W, Denny W. DNA-directed alkylating agents. 4. 4-anilinoquinoline-based minor groove directed aniline mustards. J Med Chem. 1991;34:1552-60 pubmed..The modest potency may be related to their poor aqueous solubility, since the more soluble methyl quaternary salts were equally active at much lower doses. ..
- Lento G, Hickson R, Chambers G, Penny D. Use of spectral analysis to test hypotheses on the origin of pinnipeds. Mol Biol Evol. 1995;12:28-52 pubmed publisher..A more conservative interpretation, however, is that the walrus is an early, but not the first, independent divergence from the common pinniped ancestor...
- Hood K, West L, Northcote P, Berridge M, Miller J. Induction of apoptosis by the marine sponge (Mycale) metabolites, mycalamide A and pateamine. Apoptosis. 2001;6:207-19 pubmed
- Leung E, Lehnert K, Kanwar J, Yang Y, Mon Y, McNeil H, et al. Bioassay detects soluble MAdCAM-1 in body fluids. Immunol Cell Biol. 2004;82:400-9 pubmed..The anti-MAdCAM-1 antibodies and assay developed here may be useful therapeutically in the treatment of inflammation in humans. Similarly, they may be useful diagnostically to monitor the presence and levels of MAdCAM-1. ..
- Danesh Meyer H, Zhang J, Acosta M, Rupenthal I, Green C. Connexin43 in retinal injury and disease. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2016;51:41-68 pubmed publisher..A final section describes gap junction channel modulation and the ocular delivery of potential therapeutic molecules. ..
- Marquetoux N, Stevenson M, Wilson P, Ridler A, Heuer C. Using social network analysis to inform disease control interventions. Prev Vet Med. 2016;126:94-104 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, for our system, recording and exploiting livestock movements can contribute towards risk-based control strategies to prevent and monitor the introduction and the spread of infectious diseases in animal populations. ..
- Yoganandarajah V, Li B, Umapathy A, Donaldson P, Lim J. Regional differences in glutathione accumulation pathways in the rat cornea: Mapping of amino acid transporters involved in glutathione synthesis. Exp Eye Res. 2017;161:89-100 pubmed publisher..This information is important in the design of targeted strategies to enhance GSH levels in specific layers of the cornea to prevent against oxidative damage, corneal swelling and loss of corneal transparency. ..
- Kennedy M, Rayner J, Morris C. Genomic structure, promoter sequence, and revised translation of human homeobox gene HLX1. Genomics. 1994;22:348-55 pubmed..Finally, several differences between the genomic sequence and the published cDNA sequence were noted. Translation based on this revised sequence gives rise to a putative protein with 86.5% homology to the product of the murine Hlx gene. ..
- Robinson D, Peebles K, Kwok H, Adams B, Clarke L, Woollard G, et al. Prenatal nicotine exposure increases apnoea and reduces nicotinic potentiation of hypoglossal inspiratory output in mice. J Physiol. 2002;538:957-73 pubmed..Increased apnoea following nicotine exposure does not appear to reflect changes in basal activity of rhythm or pattern-generating networks, but may result, in part, from reduced nicotinic modulation of XII motoneurons. ..
- Lee M, Keane O, Glass B, Manley T, Cullen N, Dodds K, et al. Establishment of a pipeline to analyse non-synonymous SNPs in Bos taurus. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:298 pubmed..Of the SNPs detected in this study, 99% have not been previously reported. These novel SNPs will be useful for association studies or gene mapping. ..
- Nikolic P, Housley G, Thorne P. Expression of the P2X7 receptor subunit of the adenosine 5'-triphosphate-gated ion channel in the developing and adult rat cochlea. Audiol Neurootol. 2003;8:28-37 pubmed..The P2X(7) receptors may be involved in signal transduction and modulation as well as in regulating cell death during development and in pathological conditions. ..
- Causer S, Botica K, Shorter C. Removal of house-dust mites and Der p I during laundering of bedding. Allergy. 2003;58:531-2 pubmed
- Chee K, Kistler J, Donaldson P. Roles for KCC transporters in the maintenance of lens transparency. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:673-82 pubmed
- Bennet L, Cowie R, Stone P, Barrett R, Naylor A, Blood A, et al. The neural and vascular effects of killed Su-Streptococcus pyogenes (OK-432) in preterm fetal sheep. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;299:R664-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a single low-dose injection of OK-432 can be associated with risk of focal cerebral injury in the preterm fetus and chronic central and peripheral vasodilatation that does not appear to be mediated by nitric oxide. ..
- Wynyard S, Garkavenko O, Elliot R. Multiplex high resolution melting assay for estimation of Porcine Endogenous Retrovirus (PERV) relative gene dosage in pigs and detection of PERV infection in xenograft recipients. J Virol Methods. 2011;175:95-100 pubmed publisher..This assay can be used as both a screening tool for PERV proviral levels within donor pigs and as a diagnostic tool to examine PERV transmission in human patients treated with porcine xenotransplantation material. ..
- Afzal A, Sarfraz M, Wu Z, Wang G, Sun J. Integrated scientific data bases review on asulacrine and associated toxicity. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;104:78-86 pubmed publisher..The tabulated comparisons and circuitry mechanism of ASL are the added features of the review which give a complete understanding of hidden aspects of possible route cause of associated toxicity, the phlebitis. ..
- Wild J, Williams M, Howie G, Mooney R. Calcium-binding proteins define interneurons in HVC of the zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata). J Comp Neurol. 2005;483:76-90 pubmed..These results indicate that HVC interneurons are specialized in their calcium-binding proteins and suggest how it might be possible to resolve the details of HVC microcircuits underlying song selectivity and auditory-vocal learning. ..
- Crawford A, Brauning R, Smolenski G, Ferguson C, Barton D, Wheeler T, et al. The constituents of Microctonus sp. parasitoid venoms. Insect Mol Biol. 2008;17:313-24 pubmed publisher..hyperodae being found in M. aethiopoides. Pyrosequencing should provide a valuable new method for rapidly sampling transcripts from a wide range of specialised insect tissues. ..
- Beck C, Izpisua Belmonte J, Christen B. Beyond early development: Xenopus as an emerging model for the study of regenerative mechanisms. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1226-48 pubmed publisher..Finally, transcriptome analyses of regenerating tissues seek to identify the genes and cellular processes that enable successful regeneration. Developmental Dynamics 238:1226-1248, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Babu K, Zhang J, Moloney S, Pleasants T, McLean C, Phua S, et al. Epigenetic regulation of ABCG2 gene is associated with susceptibility to xenobiotic exposure. J Proteomics. 2012;75:3410-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Section entitled: Understanding genome regulation and genetic diversity by mass spectrometry...
- Boritzki T, Palmer B, Coddington J, Denny W. Identification of the major lesion from the reaction of an acridine-targeted aniline mustard with DNA as an adenine N1 adduct. Chem Res Toxicol. 1994;7:41-6 pubmed
- Crosier P, Freeman S, Orlic D, Bodine D, Crosier K. The Dtk receptor tyrosine kinase, which binds protein S, is expressed during hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 1996;24:318-23 pubmed..These results suggest that Dtk and Ufo are likely to be involved in the regulation of hematopoiesis, particularly during the embryonic stages of blood cell development. ..
- Cameron V, Fleming A. Novel sites of adrenomedullin gene expression in mouse and rat tissues. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2253-64 pubmed..The strong expression of AM in uterus, ovary, and posterior pituitary suggests that AM plays a role in female reproduction. ..
- Weir C, Bernard C, Bäckström B. IL-5-deficient mice are susceptible to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Int Immunol. 2003;15:1283-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-5 is not directly involved in the initiation or effector phase of MOG(35-55)-induced EAE in immunocompetent C57BL/6J mice. ..
- McDougall S, Macaulay R, Compton C. Association between endometritis diagnosis using a novel intravaginal device and reproductive performance in dairy cattle. Anim Reprod Sci. 2007;99:9-23 pubmed..Diagnosis of endometritis with the metricheck device was associated with poorer subsequent reproductive performance...
- Gravance C, Breier B, Vickers M, Casey P. Impaired sperm characteristics in postpubertal growth-hormone-deficient dwarf (dw/dw) rats. Anim Reprod Sci. 1997;49:71-6 pubmed..The GH-deficient rat appears to be a suitable model for the study of the effects of GH on sperm characteristics. ..
- Li C, Gao X, Yang F, Martin S, Haines S, Deng X, et al. Development of a nude mouse model for the study of antlerogenesis--mechanism of tissue interactions and ossification pathway. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2009;312:118-35 pubmed publisher..Overall, the nude mouse model, once further developed, has the potential to become a powerful tool to study underlying mechanism of antlerogenesis and organogenesis/regeneration in general...
- Peiris H, Ponnampalam A, Osepchook C, Mitchell M, Green M. Placental expression of myostatin and follistatin-like-3 protein in a model of developmental programming. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E854-61 pubmed publisher..Myostatin, through the disruption of maternal nutrient supply to the fetus, may thus be a potential mediator of offspring phenotype. ..
- Li D, Specht C, Waites C, Butler Munro C, Leal Ortiz S, Foote J, et al. SAP97 directs NMDA receptor spine targeting and synaptic plasticity. J Physiol. 2011;589:4491-510 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model wherein SAP97 isoforms can regulate the ability of synapses to undergo plasticity by controlling the surface distribution of AMPA and NMDA receptors. ..
- Hall C, Boyle R, Astin J, Flores M, Oehlers S, Sanderson L, et al. Immunoresponsive gene 1 augments bactericidal activity of macrophage-lineage cells by regulating ?-oxidation-dependent mitochondrial ROS production. Cell Metab. 2013;18:265-78 pubmed publisher..These results reveal IRG1 as a key component of the immunometabolism axis, connecting infection, cellular metabolism, and macrophage effector function...
- Evans C, Eastwood S, Rains J, Gruijters W, Bullivant S, Kistler J. Gap junction formation during development of the mouse lens. Eur J Cell Biol. 1993;60:243-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that gap junctions in the central region of the developing mouse lens undergo sequential changes in immunoreactivity which may reflect potentially distinct functional phases of intercellular communication. ..
- Dyer J, Plowman J, Krsinic G, Deb Choudhury S, Koehn H, Millington K, et al. Proteomic evaluation and location of UVB-induced photo-oxidation in wool. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2010;98:118-27 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insight into the contribution of the cortex to photo-induced discoloration of proteinaceous animal fibres. ..
- Roberts N, Palmer B, Hickford J, Bickerstaffe R. PCR-SSCP in the ovine calpastatin gene. Anim Genet. 1996;27:211 pubmed
- Pironi L, Arends J, Bozzetti F, Cuerda C, Gillanders L, Jeppesen P, et al. ESPEN guidelines on chronic intestinal failure in adults. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:247-307 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, most of the recommendations have a low or very low grade of evidence. However, two-thirds of the recommendations are considered strong. Specialized management and organization underpin these recommendations. ..
- McConaghy F, Green L, Colgan S, Morris L. Studies of the pharmacokinetic profile, in vivo efficacy and safety of injectable altrenogest for the suppression of oestrus in mares. Aust Vet J. 2016;94:248-55 pubmed publisher..These studies support the efficacy and safety of a single dose of Readyserve® injection for the suppression of the signs of oestrus in mares for 5-7 days. ..