Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Netherlands
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Emmens R, Baylan U, Juffermans L, Karia R, Ylstra B, Wouters D, et al. Endogenous C1-inhibitor production and expression in the heart after acute myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:33-9 pubmed publisher..Observations in rat and in vitro suggest that C1-inhibitor is produced locally in the heart after acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Najafi A, Sequeira V, Helmes M, Bollen I, Goebel M, Regan J, et al. Selective phosphorylation of PKA targets after Î²-adrenergic receptor stimulation impairs myofilament function in Mybpc3-targeted HCM mouse model. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;110:200-14 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that in the KI HCM mouse model, Î²-AR stimulation leads to preferential PKA phosphorylation of PLN over cTnI, resulting in an impaired inotropic and lusitropic response. ..
- de Cock J, Klink E, Ferro W, Lohman P, Eeken J. Neither enhanced removal of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers nor strand-specific repair is found after transcription induction of the beta 3-tubulin gene in a Drosophila embryonic cell line Kc. Mutat Res. 1992;293:11-20 pubmed..It can be concluded from these observations that transcription is not a prerequisite for the efficient repair of CPDs in the Drosophila embryonic Kc cell line. ..
- Kersseboom R, Middendorp S, Dingjan G, Dahlenborg K, Reth M, Jumaa H, et al. Bruton's tyrosine kinase cooperates with the B cell linker protein SLP-65 as a tumor suppressor in Pre-B cells. J Exp Med. 2003;198:91-8 pubmed
- Angulo A, Jacobs M, van Damme E, Akkermans A, de Kruijff Kroesen I, Brugman J. Colistin sulfate as a suitable substitute of thallium acetate in culture media intended for mycoplasma detection and culture. Biologicals. 2003;31:161-3 pubmed..The results and analysis of tests with nine mollicute species are presented here. It is recommended to replace thallium acetate in the formulations where it is used and colistin sulfate is proposed as its substitute. ..
- Essers M, de Vries Smits L, Barker N, Polderman P, Burgering B, Korswagen H. Functional interaction between beta-catenin and FOXO in oxidative stress signaling. Science. 2005;308:1181-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate a role for beta-catenin in regulating FOXO function that is particularly important under conditions of oxidative stress. ..
- Hagemeijer M, Ulasli M, Vonk A, Reggiori F, Rottier P, de Haan C. Mobility and interactions of coronavirus nonstructural protein 4. J Virol. 2011;85:4572-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, the coexpression of nsp4 with nsp3 affected the subcellular localization of the two proteins. ..
- van den Bos R, Davies W, Dellu Hagedorn F, Goudriaan A, Granon S, Homberg J, et al. Cross-species approaches to pathological gambling: a review targeting sex differences, adolescent vulnerability and ecological validity of research tools. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2013;37:2454-71 pubmed publisher..Based on these issues we also discuss how research in humans and animals may be brought in line to maximize translational research opportunities. ..
- Fakhri N, Wessel A, Willms C, Pasquali M, Klopfenstein D, MacKintosh F, et al. High-resolution mapping of intracellular fluctuations using carbon nanotubes. Science. 2014;344:1031-5 pubmed publisher..We present a quantitative model connecting molecular mechanisms to mesoscopic fluctuations. ..
- van der Geest T, Laverman P, Gerrits D, Franssen G, Metselaar J, Storm G, et al. Comparison of three remote radiolabelling methods for long-circulating liposomes. J Control Release. 2015;220:239-244 pubmed publisher..i.). In conclusion, labelling of DTPA-DSPE LCL with (111)InCl3 represents a robust, easy and fast procedure which is preferred over the more laborious conventional labelling of DTPA-LCL with (111)In-oxine. ..
- van Meer G. Caveolin, cholesterol, and lipid droplets?. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:F29-34 pubmed
- Janson M, de Dood M, Dogterom M. Dynamic instability of microtubules is regulated by force. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:1029-34 pubmed..Comparison with catastrophe times for microtubules growing freely at different tubulin concentrations leads us to conclude that force reduces the catastrophe time only by limiting the rate of tubulin addition. ..
- van Rijt L, Jung S, Kleinjan A, Vos N, Willart M, Duez C, et al. In vivo depletion of lung CD11c+ dendritic cells during allergen challenge abrogates the characteristic features of asthma. J Exp Med. 2005;201:981-91 pubmed..These findings identify lung DCs as key proinflammatory cells that are necessary and sufficient for Th2 cell stimulation during ongoing airway inflammation. ..
- Heeney J, Dalgleish A, Weiss R. Origins of HIV and the evolution of resistance to AIDS. Science. 2006;313:462-6 pubmed..Further understanding of host resistance factors and the mechanisms of disease in natural primate hosts may provide insight into unexplored therapeutic avenues for the prevention of AIDS. ..
- Beltman J, Marée A, Lynch J, Miller M, de Boer R. Lymph node topology dictates T cell migration behavior. J Exp Med. 2007;204:771-80 pubmed..We present experimental evidence for the presence of such turbulent streams in LNs. Finally, the model allows us to estimate the scanning rates of DCs (2,000 different T cells per hour) and T cells (100 different DCs per hour). ..
- W sten M, van Dijk L, Parker C, Guilhabert M, van der Meer Janssen Y, Wagenaar J, et al. Growth phase-dependent activation of the DccRS regulon of Campylobacter jejuni. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:2729-36 pubmed publisher..Whole-genome mRNA profiling and real-time RT-PCR analysis under these conditions demonstrated that the system has no influence on the transcription of genes outside the DccRS regulon...
- Bodewes R, Kreijtz J, Geelhoed Mieras M, van Amerongen G, Verburgh R, van Trierum S, et al. Vaccination against seasonal influenza A/H3N2 virus reduces the induction of heterosubtypic immunity against influenza A/H5N1 virus infection in ferrets. J Virol. 2011;85:2695-702 pubmed publisher..The implications of these findings are discussed in the context of vaccination strategies and vaccine development aiming at the induction of immunity to pandemic influenza. ..
- Hermsen S, Pronk T, van den Brandhof E, Van der Ven L, Piersma A. Transcriptomic analysis in the developing zebrafish embryo after compound exposure: individual gene expression and pathway regulation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:161-71 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study suggests that the use of individual gene expression signatures as well as pathway regulation may be useful starting points for defining gene biomarkers for predicting embryotoxicity. ..
- Iovino F, Engelen Lee J, Brouwer M, van de Beek D, van der Ende A, Valls Seron M, et al. pIgR and PECAM-1 bind to pneumococcal adhesins RrgA and PspC mediating bacterial brain invasion. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1619-1630 pubmed publisher..By adding antibodies to antibiotic (ceftriaxone)-treated mice, we further reduce the bacterial burden in the brain. Our data suggest that inhibition of pIgR and PECAM-1 has the potential to prevent pneumococcal meningitis. ..
- Schulte Merker S, Sabine A, Petrova T. Lymphatic vascular morphogenesis in development, physiology, and disease. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:607-18 pubmed publisher..It is now crucial to use this knowledge for the development of novel therapies for human diseases. ..
- Lim A, Li Y, Lopez Lastra S, Stadhouders R, Paul F, Casrouge A, et al. Systemic Human ILC Precursors Provide a Substrate for Tissue ILC Differentiation. Cell. 2017;168:1086-1100.e10 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model of tissue ILC differentiation ("ILC-poiesis"), whereby diverse ILC subsets are generated in situ from systemically distributed ILCPs in response to local environmental signals. ..
- Bonifati V, Rizzu P, van Baren M, Schaap O, Breedveld G, Krieger E, et al. Mutations in the DJ-1 gene associated with autosomal recessive early-onset parkinsonism. Science. 2003;299:256-9 pubmed..Elucidating the physiological role of DJ-1 protein may promote understanding of the mechanisms of brain neuronal maintenance and pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Stolk W, de Vlas S, Habbema J. Anti-Wolbachia treatment for lymphatic filariasis. Lancet. 2005;365:2067-8 pubmed
- Diks S, Bink R, van de Water S, Joore J, van Rooijen C, Verbeek F, et al. The novel gene asb11: a regulator of the size of the neural progenitor compartment. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:581-92 pubmed..We conclude that d-Asb11 is a novel regulator of the neuronal progenitor compartment size by maintaining the neural precursors in the proliferating undifferentiated state possibly through the control of SoxB1 transcription factors. ..
- Sachs N, Kreft M, van den Bergh Weerman M, Beynon A, Peters T, Weening J, et al. Kidney failure in mice lacking the tetraspanin CD151. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:33-9 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that CD151 plays a key role in strengthening alpha3beta1-mediated adhesion in podocytes. ..
- van Tilborg G, Strijkers G, Pouget E, Reutelingsperger C, Sommerdijk N, Nicolay K, et al. Kinetics of avidin-induced clearance of biotinylated bimodal liposomes for improved MR molecular imaging. Magn Reson Med. 2008;60:1444-56 pubmed publisher..The ability to rapidly clear circulating contrast agents opens up exciting possibilities to study targeting kinetics, to increase the specificity of molecular MRI and to optimize nanoparticulate contrast agent formulations. ..
- van Heijst J, Gerlach C, Swart E, Sie D, Nunes Alves C, Kerkhoven R, et al. Recruitment of antigen-specific CD8+ T cells in response to infection is markedly efficient. Science. 2009;325:1265-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, naïve T cell recruitment is highly efficient, and the magnitude of antigen-specific CD8+ T cell responses is primarily controlled by clonal expansion. ..
- Radosevic K, Rodriguez A, Lemckert A, van der Meer M, Gillissen G, Warnar C, et al. The Th1 immune response to Plasmodium falciparum circumsporozoite protein is boosted by adenovirus vectors 35 and 26 with a homologous insert. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:1687-94 pubmed publisher..CS/Ad26.CS vaccine at a later age, to induce lasting protection against malaria for which the Th1 response and immune memory is required. ..
- Haagmans B, Al Dhahiry S, Reusken C, Raj V, Galiano M, Myers R, et al. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in dromedary camels: an outbreak investigation. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:140-5 pubmed publisher..European Union projects EMPERIE (contract number 223498), ANTIGONE (contract number 278976), and the VIRGO consortium. ..
- Rimmelzwaan G, Groen J, Egberink H, Borst G, Uytdehaag F, Osterhaus A. The use of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay systems for serology and antigen detection in parvovirus, coronavirus and rotavirus infections in dogs in The Netherlands. Vet Microbiol. 1991;26:25-40 pubmed..It was shown that the results of the respective serological ELISAs correlated well and that CPV was the major cause of virus-induced acute diarrhea in dogs in The Netherlands. ..
- Leenaars P, Hendriksen C, Angulo A, Koedam M, Claassen E. Evaluation of several adjuvants as alternatives to the use of Freund's adjuvant in rabbits. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1994;40:225-41 pubmed..No side effects occurred after i.d. injection of Specol or TiterMax. From the studies it is concluded that Specol is an alternative to FA for hyperactivation of the immune response in rabbits...
- Veening J, Coolen L, Spooren W, Joosten H, van Oorschot R, Mos J, et al. Patterns of c-fos expression induced by fluvoxamine are different after acute vs. chronic oral administration. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 1998;8:213-26 pubmed..The relationship with the antidepressant effects of fluvoxamine needs further investigations. ..
- de Waal E, van der Laan J, van Loveren H. Effects of prolonged exposure to morphine and methadone on in vivo parameters of immune function in rats. Toxicology. 1998;129:201-10 pubmed..Apparently, prolonged administration of morphine to rats resulted in immune suppression, mediating a slight, though biologically relevant, exacerbation of the T. spiralis infection, whereas methadone did not. ..
- Nolte P, Klein Nulend J, Albers G, Marti R, Semeins C, Goei S, et al. Low-intensity ultrasound stimulates endochondral ossification in vitro. J Orthop Res. 2001;19:301-7 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that low-intensity ultrasound activates ossification via a direct effect on osteoblasts and ossifying cartilage...
- Lansbergen G, Komarova Y, Modesti M, Wyman C, Hoogenraad C, Goodson H, et al. Conformational changes in CLIP-170 regulate its binding to microtubules and dynactin localization. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:1003-14 pubmed..This interaction interferes with the binding of the CLIP-170 to MTs. We propose that conformational changes in CLIP-170 are important for binding to dynactin, LIS1, and the MT tips. ..
- Kindt F, Joosten N, Tjallingii W. Electrical penetration graphs of thrips revised: combining DC- and AC-EPG signals. J Insect Physiol. 2006;52:1-10 pubmed..Waveform T represents a single mandibular thrust embedded in waveform R and waveform U represents the end of a probe, presumably the retraction of the maxillary stylets. ..
- Jansen J, Langerak P, Tsaalbi Shtylik A, van den Berk P, Jacobs H, de Wind N. Strand-biased defect in C/G transversions in hypermutating immunoglobulin genes in Rev1-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 2006;203:319-23 pubmed..In addition, loss of Rev1 causes compensatory increase in mutagenesis by other translesion synthesis polymerases. ..
- van Riel D, Munster V, de Wit E, Rimmelzwaan G, Fouchier R, Osterhaus A, et al. H5N1 Virus Attachment to Lower Respiratory Tract. Science. 2006;312:399 pubmed..These findings may explain, at least in part, the localization and severity of H5N1 viral pneumonia in humans. They also identify the cat and the ferret as suitable experimental animals based on this criterion...
- Vader G, Medema R, Lens S. The chromosomal passenger complex: guiding Aurora-B through mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:833-7 pubmed..Also, we summarize posttranslational modifications that occur on the CPC and discuss their roles in regulating localization and function of this mitotic complex. ..
- Barker N, Huch M, Kujala P, van de Wetering M, Snippert H, van Es J, et al. Lgr5(+ve) stem cells drive self-renewal in the stomach and build long-lived gastric units in vitro. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;6:25-36 pubmed publisher..The Lgr5 stem cell marker and culture method described here will be invaluable tools for accelerating research into gastric epithelial renewal, inflammation/infection, and cancer. ..
- de Boer F, Hogeweg P. Eco-evolutionary dynamics, coding structure and the information threshold. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:361 pubmed publisher..We provide a proof of principle for species fulfilling the different roles in an ecosystem when single replicators can no longer cope with all functions simultaneously. This could be a first step in crossing the information threshold. ..
- de Jong A, Schmitz S, Toonen R, Verhage M. Dendritic position is a major determinant of presynaptic strength. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:327-37 pubmed publisher..This gradient is opposite to postsynaptic gradients observed in pyramidal dendrites, and different cell types apply this rule to a different extent. ..
- Meijborg V, Chauveau S, Janse M, Anyukhovsky E, Danilo P, Rosen M, et al. Interventricular dispersion in repolarization causes bifid T waves in dogs with dofetilide-induced long QT syndrome. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1343-51 pubmed publisher..Dofetilide-induced steepening of restitution slopes was larger in LV than RV. Dofetilide-induced bifid T waves result from interventricular RT dispersion. ..
- Bashkuev M, Vergroesen P, Dreischarf M, Schilling C, van der Veen A, Schmidt H, et al. Intradiscal pressure measurements: A challenge or a routine?. J Biomech. 2016;49:864-868 pubmed publisher..31-0.64 MPa (median: 0.43 MPa) obtained when the larger sensor was inserted. The results suggest that sensor selection for IDP measurements requires special attention and can be crucial for species with smaller disc sizes. ..
- Marsch E, Theelen T, Janssen B, Briedé J, Haenen G, Senden J, et al. The effect of prolonged dietary nitrate supplementation on atherosclerosis development. Atherosclerosis. 2016;245:212-21 pubmed publisher..Prolonged dietary nitrate supplementation resulted in compensation of nitrite and NO levels and did not affect atherogenesis or exert systemic side effects. ..
- Michel M, Barendrecht M. Physiological and pathological regulation of the autonomic control of urinary bladder contractility. Pharmacol Ther. 2008;117:297-312 pubmed publisher..However, the existing data are too sparse and/or too inconsistent to allow definitive conclusions. Thus, alterations distinct from those of autonomic receptors may be better candidates to explain bladder dysfunction. ..
- Smith K, Joziasse I, Chocron S, Van Dinther M, Guryev V, Verhoeven M, et al. Dominant-negative ALK2 allele associates with congenital heart defects. Circulation. 2009;119:3062-9 pubmed publisher..In vivo analysis of zebrafish embryos injected with ALK2 L343P RNA revealed improper atrioventricular canal formation. These data identify the dominant-negative allele ALK2 L343P in a patient with AVS defects. ..
- Gerlach C, van Heijst J, Swart E, Sie D, Armstrong N, Kerkhoven R, et al. One naive T cell, multiple fates in CD8+ T cell differentiation. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1235-46 pubmed publisher..Instead, for both low and high avidity T cells, individual naive T cells have multiple fates and can differentiate into effector and memory T cell subsets...
- van den Brand J, Kreijtz J, Bodewes R, Stittelaar K, van Amerongen G, Kuiken T, et al. Efficacy of vaccination with different combinations of MF59-adjuvanted and nonadjuvanted seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines against pandemic H1N1 (2009) influenza virus infection in ferrets. J Virol. 2011;85:2851-8 pubmed publisher
- Nandoe Tewarie R, Bossers K, Ritfeld G, Blits B, Grotenhuis J, Verhaagen J, et al. Early passage bone marrow stromal cells express genes involved in nervous system development supporting their relevance for neural repair. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2011;29:187-201 pubmed publisher..Our gene profiling results suggested a decreased plasticity and repair aptitude of long-term cultured BMSC. Our data indicated the use of early passage BMSC for neural repair approaches. ..
- Spangler S, Schmitz S, Kevenaar J, de Graaff E, de Wit H, Demmers J, et al. Liprin-?2 promotes the presynaptic recruitment and turnover of RIM1/CASK to facilitate synaptic transmission. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:915-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, liprin-?2 plays an important role in maintaining active zone dynamics to modulate synaptic efficacy in response to changes in network activity...
- Wolf K, Te Lindert M, Krause M, Alexander S, Te Riet J, Willis A, et al. Physical limits of cell migration: control by ECM space and nuclear deformation and tuning by proteolysis and traction force. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:1069-84 pubmed publisher..The limits of interstitial cell migration thus depend upon scaffold porosity and deformation of the nucleus, with pericellular collagenolysis and mechanocoupling as modulators. ..
- Botschuijver S, Roeselers G, Levin E, Jonkers D, Welting O, Heinsbroek S, et al. Intestinal Fungal Dysbiosis Is Associated With Visceral Hypersensitivity in Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Rats. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1026-1039 pubmed publisher..The intestinal fungi might therefore be manipulated for treatment of IBS-related visceral hypersensitivity. ..
- Pot G, Majsak Newman G, Geelen A, Harvey L, Nagengast F, Witteman B, et al. Fish consumption and markers of colorectal cancer risk: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90:354-61 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00145015. ..
- Fonager J, Pasini E, Braks J, Klop O, Ramesar J, Remarque E, et al. Reduced CD36-dependent tissue sequestration of Plasmodium-infected erythrocytes is detrimental to malaria parasite growth in vivo. J Exp Med. 2012;209:93-107 pubmed publisher..These results reveal for the first time the importance of sequestration to a malaria infection, with implications for the development of strategies aimed at reducing pathology by inhibiting tissue sequestration. ..
- Van Buul P, Abramsson Zetterberg L, Zandman I, van Duyn Goedhart A. Further characterization of the radiosensitivity of the scid mouse. Int J Radiat Biol. 1998;74:35-41 pubmed
- Wolkers M, Brouwenstijn N, Bakker A, Toebes M, Schumacher T. Antigen bias in T cell cross-priming. Science. 2004;304:1314-7 pubmed..Such differences in the ability to cross-present antigens should form important considerations in vaccine design. ..
- Hammad H, Kool M, Soullie T, Narumiya S, Trottein F, Hoogsteden H, et al. Activation of the D prostanoid 1 receptor suppresses asthma by modulation of lung dendritic cell function and induction of regulatory T cells. J Exp Med. 2007;204:357-67 pubmed..Triggering DP1 on DCs is an important mechanism to induce regulatory T cells and to control the extent of airway inflammation. This pathway could be exploited to design novel treatments for asthma. ..
- Bakker W, Blázquez Domingo M, Kolbus A, Besooyen J, Steinlein P, Beug H, et al. FoxO3a regulates erythroid differentiation and induces BTG1, an activator of protein arginine methyl transferase 1. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:175-84 pubmed..We propose FoxO3a-controlled expression of BTG1 and subsequent regulation of protein arginine methyl transferase activity as a novel mechanism controlling erythroid expansion and differentiation. ..
- Galliano E, Baratella M, Sgritta M, Ruigrok T, Haasdijk E, Hoebeek F, et al. Anatomical investigation of potential contacts between climbing fibers and cerebellar Golgi cells in the mouse. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:59 pubmed publisher..Our results argue against the functional significance of direct synaptic contacts between CFs and interneurons at the input stage, but support those at the output stage. ..
- Witkowski M, Hu Y, Roberts K, Boer J, McKenzie M, Liu G, et al. Conserved IKAROS-regulated genes associated with B-progenitor acute lymphoblastic leukemia outcome. J Exp Med. 2017;214:773-791 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IKZF1 alterations in B-ALL leads to induction of multiple genes associated with proliferation and treatment resistance, identifying potential new therapeutic targets for high-risk disease. ..
- Hoenderop J, Dardenne O, Van Abel M, Van Der Kemp A, Van Os C, St Arnaud R, et al. Modulation of renal Ca2+ transport protein genes by dietary Ca2+ and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-1alpha-hydroxylase knockout mice. FASEB J. 2002;16:1398-406 pubmed..This study demonstrated that high dietary Ca2+ intake is an important regulator of the renal Ca2+ transport proteins in 1,25(OH)2D3-deficient status and thus contributes to the normalization of blood Ca2+ levels. ..
- Dolleman Van Der Weel M, Witter M. Projections from the nucleus reuniens thalami to the entorhinal cortex, hippocampal field CA1, and the subiculum in the rat arise from different populations of neurons. J Comp Neurol. 1996;364:637-50 pubmed
- Eysker M, Boersema J, Kooyman F, Ploeger H. Resilience of second year grazing cattle to parasitic gastroenteritis following negligible to moderate exposure to gastrointestinal nematode infections in their first year. Vet Parasitol. 2000;89:37-50 pubmed..However, problems with poor weight gain only will be expected when exposure is very low in the FGS and high in the SGS. ..
- Moonen P, van Poelwijk F, Moormann R, Dekker A. Singleton reactors in the diagnosis of swine vesicular disease: the role of coxsackievirus B5. Vet Microbiol. 2000;76:291-7 pubmed..The results presented in this paper show that neither CVB5 nor SVDV infections are the only cause of the SR phenomenon. Testing for CVB5 specific antibodies can reduce the number of SR sera in the serodiagnosis of SVDV...
- Kappers I, Aharoni A, van Herpen T, Luckerhoff L, Dicke M, Bouwmeester H. Genetic engineering of terpenoid metabolism attracts bodyguards to Arabidopsis. Science. 2005;309:2070-2 pubmed..These altered plants attracted carnivorous predatory mites (Phytoseiulus persimilis) that aid the plants' defense mechanisms. ..
- Korinek V, Barker N, Morin P, van Wichen D, de Weger R, Kinzler K, et al. Constitutive transcriptional activation by a beta-catenin-Tcf complex in APC-/- colon carcinoma. Science. 1997;275:1784-7 pubmed..Constitutive transcription of Tcf target genes, caused by loss of APC function, may be a crucial event in the early transformation of colonic epithelium. ..
- De Winter F, Vo T, Stam F, Wisman L, Bär P, Niclou S, et al. The expression of the chemorepellent Semaphorin 3A is selectively induced in terminal Schwann cells of a subset of neuromuscular synapses that display limited anatomical plasticity and enhanced vulnerability in motor neuron disease. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;32:102-17 pubmed..We propose that expression of Sema3A by TSCs not only suppresses nerve terminal plasticity at specific neuromuscular synapses, but may also contribute to their early and selective loss in the motor neuron disease ALS. ..
- van der Hoff G, van Beuzekom A, Brinkman U, Baumann R, van Zoonen P. Determination of organochlorine compounds in fatty matrices. Application of rapid off-line normal-phase liquid chromatographic clean-up. J Chromatogr A. 1996;754:487-96 pubmed..5-50 micrograms/kg. The simplified approach has shown its potential for a variety of samples, such as milk, pork fat, animal feed and cod liver oil, showing its general applicability to fatty samples. ..
- de Haas C, Veldkamp K, Peschel A, Weerkamp F, Van Wamel W, Heezius E, et al. Chemotaxis inhibitory protein of Staphylococcus aureus, a bacterial antiinflammatory agent. J Exp Med. 2004;199:687-95 pubmed..These findings suggest a new immune escape mechanism of S. aureus and put forward CHIPS as a potential new antiinflammatory therapeutic compound. ..
- Zanoni P, Khetarpal S, Larach D, Hancock Cerutti W, Millar J, Cuchel M, et al. Rare variant in scavenger receptor BI raises HDL cholesterol and increases risk of coronary heart disease. Science. 2016;351:1166-71 pubmed publisher..P376L carriers have a profound HDL-related phenotype and an increased risk of CHD (odds ratio = 1.79, which is statistically significant). ..
- de Jonge W, Hallemeesch M, Kwikkers K, Ruijter J, de Gier de Vries C, van Roon M, et al. Overexpression of arginase I in enterocytes of transgenic mice elicits a selective arginine deficiency and affects skin, muscle, and lymphoid development. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;76:128-40 pubmed..Graded arginine deficiency causes graded impairment of skin, muscle, and lymphoid development. The effects of arginine deficiency are not mediated by impaired synthesis of creatine or by incomplete charging of arginyl-transfer RNA. ..
- Leurs R, Hoffmann M, Wieland K, Timmerman H. H3 receptor gene is cloned at last. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2000;21:11-2 pubmed
- Elferink R, Groen A. Genetic defects in hepatobiliary transport. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1586:129-45 pubmed..Four of these transporter genes are associated with inherited diseases. In this minireview we will shortly describe our present understanding of bile formation and the associated inherited defects...
- Kust B, Mantingh Otter I, Boddeke E, Copray S. Deficient p75 low-affinity neurotrophin receptor expression does alter the composition of cellular infiltrate in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57BL/6 mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2006;174:92-100 pubmed
- Bakker W, Sipkema P, Stehouwer C, Serne E, Smulders Y, van Hinsbergh V, et al. Protein kinase C theta activation induces insulin-mediated constriction of muscle resistance arteries. Diabetes. 2008;57:706-13 pubmed..PKC theta activation induces insulin-mediated vasoconstriction by inhibition of Akt and stimulation of ERK1/2 in muscle resistance arteries. This provides a new mechanism linking PKC theta activation to insulin resistance. ..
- van Es J, Sato T, van de Wetering M, Lyubimova A, Yee Nee A, Gregorieff A, et al. Dll1+ secretory progenitor cells revert to stem cells upon crypt damage. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:1099-1104 pubmed publisher..When Dll1(high) cells are genetically marked before tissue damage, stem cell tracing events occur. Thus, secretory progenitors exhibit plasticity by regaining stemness on damage. ..
- Van der Ven L, Holbech H, Fenske M, van den Brandhof E, Gielis Proper F, Wester P. Vitellogenin expression in zebrafish Danio rerio: evaluation by histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, and in situ mRNA hybridisation. Aquat Toxicol. 2003;65:1-11 pubmed..They are a useful tool for hazard identification of endocrine disruption, especially when combined with routine histopathology. ..
- de Groot J, Ruis M, Scholten J, Koolhaas J, Boersma W. Long-term effects of social stress on antiviral immunity in pigs. Physiol Behav. 2001;73:145-58 pubmed..We conclude that, in some pigs, social stress after mixing suppresses the immune response to a viral vaccine and consequently impairs protection against challenge infection. ..
- van der Schoot P. Foetal genital development in Hyrax capensis, a species with primary testicondia: proposal for the evolution of Hunter's gubernaculum. Anat Rec. 1996;244:386-401 pubmed
- Jacobs C, van der Zee M. Immune competence in insect eggs depends on the extraembryonic serosa. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:263-9 pubmed publisher..Drosophila eggs and serosa-less Tribolium eggs, however, show little to no upregulation of any of the tested immune genes. We conclude that the extraembryonic serosa is crucial for the early immune competence of the Tribolium egg...
- Cupédo R, de Weerd H. Morphology of ventricular wall surfaces following neurotoxin induced degeneration of supraependymal afferents. Acta Morphol Neerl Scand. 1988;26:19-31 pubmed..Degeneration of this plexus is also associated with heavy phagocytotic reactions. Morphology, distribution and possible origins of supraependymal macrophages are briefly discussed. ..