Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Italy
Publications858 found, 100 shown here
- Gallo V, Civinini A. Survey of the adrenal homolog in teleosts. Int Rev Cytol. 2003;230:89-187 pubmed..Some of the results are compared to data available from other fishes and vertebrate classes with the aim of including them in an evolutionary and environmental framework...
- Di Carlo A, De Mori R, Martelli F, Pompilio G, Capogrossi M, Germani A. Hypoxia inhibits myogenic differentiation through accelerated MyoD degradation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16332-8 pubmed..Our study revealed a novel anti-differentiation effect exerted by hypoxia in myogenic cells and identified MyoD degradation as a relevant target of hypoxia. ..
- Grande S, Bogani P, de Saizieu A, Schueler G, Galli C, Visioli F. Vasomodulating potential of mediterranean wild plant extracts. J Agric Food Chem. 2004;52:5021-6 pubmed
- Rosati S, Profiti M, Lorenzetti R, Bandecchi P, Mannelli A, Ortoffi M, et al. Development of recombinant capsid antigen/transmembrane epitope fusion proteins for serological diagnosis of animal lentivirus infections. J Virol Methods. 2004;121:73-8 pubmed..The corresponding CA/TM antigen from EIAV showed excellent agreement with Coggins test...
- Pende D, Bottino C, Castriconi R, Cantoni C, Marcenaro S, Rivera P, et al. PVR (CD155) and Nectin-2 (CD112) as ligands of the human DNAM-1 (CD226) activating receptor: involvement in tumor cell lysis. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:463-9 pubmed..Importantly, the specific interaction between DNAM-1 (in NK cells) and PVR or Nectin-2 (in target cells) enhanced the NK-mediated lysis of tumor cells that was downregulated by mAb-mediated masking of the receptor or its ligands. ..
- Zaccagnini G, Gaetano C, Della Pietra L, Nanni S, Grasselli A, Mangoni A, et al. Telomerase mediates vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent responsiveness in a rat model of hind limb ischemia. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14790-8 pubmed..Because TERT behaves as an angiogenic factor and a downstream effector of VEGF signaling, telomerase activity appears required for VEGF-dependent remodeling of ischemic tissue at the capillaries and arterioles level. ..
- Garippa G, Varcasia A, Scala A. Cystic echinococcosis in Italy from the 1950s to present. Parassitologia. 2004;46:387-91 pubmed..granulosus in dogs (Abruzzo 4%, Sardinia 6-10% and Sicily 19.3%) highlights the need for modern, fast, sensitive and low risk diagnostic methods which would provide a true picture of the pattern of the infection in this host. ..
- Vaccarelli G, Miccoli M, Lanave C, Massari S, Cribiu E, Ciccarese S. Genomic organization of the sheep TRG1@ locus and comparative analyses of Bovidae and human variable genes. Gene. 2005;357:103-14 pubmed..The TRG cluster evolution in cattle and sheep pointed out the existence of a TRG5 ancient cluster and the occurrence of duplications of its minimal structural scheme of one V, two joining (J), and one C. ..
- Palmieri L, Alberio S, Pisano I, Lodi T, Meznaric Petrusa M, Zidar J, et al. Complete loss-of-function of the heart/muscle-specific adenine nucleotide translocator is associated with mitochondrial myopathy and cardiomyopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3079-88 pubmed
- Sacco C, Bianchi M, Lorini C, Burrini D, Berchielli S, Lanciotti E. [Removal of Cryptosporidium and Giardia in drinking water treatment in a Tuscan area]. Ann Ig. 2006;18:117-26 pubmed..perfringens). We confirmed the validity of the US-EPA 1623 method in assessing and managing the risk associated with waterborne protozoa, thus a valid tool to safeguard the population from exposure to such pathogens. ..
- Imbrici P, D Adamo M, Kullmann D, Pessia M. Episodic ataxia type 1 mutations in the KCNA1 gene impair the fast inactivation properties of the human potassium channels Kv1.4-1.1/Kvbeta1.1 and Kv1.4-1.1/Kvbeta1.2. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:3073-83 pubmed..Furthermore, EA1 mutations alter heteromeric channel availability which probably modifies the integration properties and firing patterns of neurones controlling cognitive processes and body movements...
- Griffero F, Daga A, Marubbi D, Capra M, Melotti A, Pattarozzi A, et al. Different response of human glioma tumor-initiating cells to epidermal growth factor receptor kinase inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7138-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, glioma TICs are responsive to anti-EGFR drugs, but phosphatase and tensin homolog expression and Akt inhibition seem to be necessary for such effect. ..
- Pietra G, Romagnani C, Moretta L, Mingari M. HLA-E and HLA-E-bound peptides: recognition by subsets of NK and T cells. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:3336-44 pubmed
- Penna C, Tullio F, Moro F, Folino A, Merlino A, Pagliaro P. Effects of a protocol of ischemic postconditioning and/or captopril in hearts of normotensive and hypertensive rats. Basic Res Cardiol. 2010;105:181-92 pubmed publisher..Data show that PostC protection against infarct size is blunted in SHR and that PostC is unable to add its protective effect to those of chronic Captopril, which per se reduces cardiac hypertrophy and heart susceptibility to I/R insult. ..
- Ghiazza M, Scherbart A, Fenoglio I, Grendene F, Turci F, Martra G, et al. Surface iron inhibits quartz-induced cytotoxic and inflammatory responses in alveolar macrophages. Chem Res Toxicol. 2011;24:99-110 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that besides aluminium also iron at the quartz surface may have an inhibitory effect on adverse health responses...
- Bolli A, Marino M. Current and future development of estrogen receptor ligands: applications in estrogen-related cancers. Recent Pat Endocr Metab Immune Drug Discov. 2011;5:210-29 pubmed..This review also outlines relevant patents. ..
- Chersi F, Mirolli M, Pezzulo G, Baldassarre G. A spiking neuron model of the cortico-basal ganglia circuits for goal-directed and habitual action learning. Neural Netw. 2013;41:212-24 pubmed publisher..The model nicely shows how sensory-motor associations for action sequences are formed at the cortico-basal ganglia level and how goal-directed decisions may override automatic motor responses. ..
- Scagliarini A, Gallina L, Battilani M, Turrini F, Savini F, Lavazza A, et al. Cervus elaphus papillomavirus (CePV1): new insights on viral evolution in deer. Vet Microbiol. 2013;165:252-9 pubmed publisher..elaphus while the identified topological incongruences leading us to speculate that CcaPV1 could eventually be the result of an earlier host switch event. ..
- Scorziello A, Savoia C, Sisalli M, Adornetto A, Secondo A, Boscia F, et al. NCX3 regulates mitochondrial Ca(2+) handling through the AKAP121-anchored signaling complex and prevents hypoxia-induced neuronal death. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5566-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that, in neurons, NCX3 regulates mitochondrial Ca(2+) handling from the OMM through an AKAP121-anchored signaling complex, thus promoting cell survival during hypoxia. ..
- Lelental N, Brandner S, Kofanova O, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Andreasson U, et al. Comparison of Different Matrices as Potential Quality Control Samples for Neurochemical Dementia Diagnostics. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;52:51-64 pubmed publisher..This would greatly facilitate intra- and inter-laboratory QC schedules for NDD measurements. ..
- Onorati M, Sancesario G, Pastore D, Bernardini S, Carrión J, Carosi M, et al. Plasma concentrations of progesterone and estradiol and the relation to reproduction in Galápagos land iguanas, Conolophus marthae and C. subcristatus (Squamata, Iguanidae). Anim Reprod Sci. 2016;172:105-13 pubmed publisher..subcristatus. In C. marthae P4 and E2 patterns did not allow for defining a specific breeding season. ..
- Boiocchi M, Dolcetti R, Maestro R, Feriotto G, Rizzo S, De Re V, et al. A coordinated proto-oncogene expression characterizes MCF 247 murine leukemia virus-induced T-cell lymphomas irrespectively of proviral insertion affecting myc loci. Leuk Res. 1990;14:549-58 pubmed..These results suggest that the T-cell proto-oncogene activation program is not qualitatively affected by the transforming event(s). ..
- Caizzi R, Bozzetti M, Caggese C, Ritossa F. Homologous nuclear genes encode cytoplasmic and mitochondrial glutamine synthetase in Drosophila melanogaster. J Mol Biol. 1990;212:17-26 pubmed..In addition, we have identified a certain highly stable secondary structure at the nucleotide level in the coding region of isoforms located in the organella. ..
- Moroni F, Lombardi G, Thomsen C, Leonardi P, Attucci S, Peruginelli F, et al. Pharmacological characterization of 1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid, a potent mGluR1 antagonist. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1997;281:721-9 pubmed..1-10 nmol i.c.v.) had an increased pain threshold and difficulties in initiating a normal ambulatory behavior. Taken together, these data suggest that AIDA is a potent, selective and competitive mGluR1 a antagonist. ..
- Russo L, Maharajan P, Maharajan V. Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) in mouse tooth morphogenesis. Growth Factors. 1998;15:125-33 pubmed..The spatio-temporally specific distribution pattern of FGF-2 in developing mouse tooth reported here emphasizes the importance of FGF-2 in mammalian odontogenesis. ..
- Atorino L, Di Meglio S, Farina B, Jones R, Quesada P. Rat germinal cells require PARP for repair of DNA damage induced by gamma-irradiation and H2O2 treatment. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:222-9 pubmed..SNOG-induced SSBs were insensitive to both CAT and SOD. It is concluded that DNA in spermatocytes and spermatids is sensitive to damage by gamma-irradiation and H2O2 and that efficient repair of SSBs requires PARP activity. ..
- Bergamaschini L, Gobbo G, Gatti S, Caccamo L, Prato P, Maggioni M, et al. Endothelial targeting with C1-inhibitor reduces complement activation in vitro and during ex vivo reperfusion of pig liver. Clin Exp Immunol. 2001;126:412-20 pubmed..These results suggest that adding C1-INH to the preservation solution may be useful to reduce complement activation and tissue injury during the reperfusion of an ischaemic liver. ..
- Balboni G, Guerrini R, Salvadori S, Bianchi C, Rizzi D, Bryant S, et al. Evaluation of the Dmt-Tic pharmacophore: conversion of a potent delta-opioid receptor antagonist into a potent delta agonist and ligands with mixed properties. J Med Chem. 2002;45:713-20 pubmed
- Autore G, Rastrelli L, Lauro M, Marzocco S, Sorrentino R, Sorrentino U, et al. Inhibition of nitric oxide synthase expression by a methanolic extract of Crescentia alata and its derived flavonols. Life Sci. 2001;70:523-34 pubmed..A1 cells, whereas rutin (1) and kaempferol 3-O-rutinoside (2) showed no significant activity. The MeOH extract and all of flavonoids tested did not show in vitro significant cytotoxic effect in J774.A1 macrophage cell line. ..
- Canonica G, Passalacqua G. Noninjection routes for immunotherapy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;111:437-48; quiz 449 pubmed..Although the long-lasting efficacy has been recently documented for the sublingual route, several points still need to be elucidated, including mechanisms of action, optimal dosage, cost-effectiveness, and adherence. ..
- Di Lernia V, Ricci C, Albertini G. Skin eruption associated with Hymenolepis nana infection. Int J Dermatol. 2004;43:357-9 pubmed
- Pieri M, Severini C, Amadoro G, Carunchio I, Barbato C, Ciotti M, et al. AMPA receptors are modulated by tachykinins in rat cerebellum neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2005;94:2484-90 pubmed..This study adds the tachykinins to the list of neuromodulators capable of exerting a excitatory action on cerebellar granule cells. ..
- Massa R, Palumbo C, Cavallaro T, Panico M, Bei R, Terracciano C, et al. Overexpression of ErbB2 and ErbB3 receptors in Schwann cells of patients with Charcot-Marie-tooth disease type 1A. Muscle Nerve. 2006;33:342-9 pubmed..The upregulation of these receptors may play a role in the inhibition of myelination or in the promotion of recurrent demyelination and axonal damage. ..
- Romano P, Marra D, Milanesi L. Web services and workflow management for biological resources. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6 Suppl 4:S24 pubmed..The further development and implementation of Web Services allowing access to an exhaustive set of biomedical databases and the creation of effective and useful workflows will improve the automation of in-silico analysis. ..
- Malfitano A, Matarese G, Bifulco M. From cannabis to endocannabinoids in multiple sclerosis: a paradigm of central nervous system autoimmune diseases. Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord. 2005;4:667-75 pubmed
- Boncoraglio G, Rubolini D, Romano M, Martinelli R, Saino N. Effects of elevated yolk androgens on perinatal begging behavior in yellow-legged gull (Larus michahellis) chicks. Horm Behav. 2006;50:442-7 pubmed
- Mutolo D, Bongianni F, Fontana G, Pantaleo T. The role of excitatory amino acids and substance P in the mediation of the cough reflex within the nucleus tractus solitarii of the rabbit. Brain Res Bull. 2007;74:284-93 pubmed..They also may provide hints for further studies on centrally acting antitussive drugs. ..
- Picchio M, Beck R, Haubner R, Seidl S, Machulla H, Johnson T, et al. Intratumoral spatial distribution of hypoxia and angiogenesis assessed by 18F-FAZA and 125I-Gluco-RGD autoradiography. J Nucl Med. 2008;49:597-605 pubmed publisher..These results may prove essential in developing advanced targeted systemic chemotherapeutic approaches (such as combinations of hypoxia-activated cytotoxins and antiangiogenic drugs) for hypoxic tumors. ..
- Ledda M, Blum E, De Palo S, Hanani M. Augmentation in gap junction-mediated cell coupling in dorsal root ganglia following sciatic nerve neuritis in the mouse. Neuroscience. 2009;164:1538-45 pubmed publisher..The results support the idea that SGCs are sensitive to a variety of peripheral nerve injuries. We propose that the observed changes may alter signal transmission in DRG and thus may contribute to chronic pain. ..
- Friso A, Tomanin R, Salvalaio M, Scarpa M. Genistein reduces glycosaminoglycan levels in a mouse model of mucopolysaccharidosis type II. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;159:1082-91 pubmed publisher..There was decreased GAG storage in the MPSII mouse model following genistein administration. Our results would support the use of this plant-derived isoflavone in a combined therapeutic protocol for treatment of MPS. ..
- Melzi R, Antonioli B, Mercalli A, Battaglia M, Valle A, Pluchino S, et al. Co-graft of allogeneic immune regulatory neural stem cells (NPC) and pancreatic islets mediates tolerance, while inducing NPC-derived tumors in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10357 pubmed publisher..However, the development of NPC-derived cancer raises serious doubts about the safety of using adult stem cells in combination with insulin-producing cells outside the original microenvironment. ..
- Villa G, Fumagalli M, Verderio C, Abbracchio M, Ceruti S. Expression and contribution of satellite glial cells purinoceptors to pain transmission in sensory ganglia: an update. Neuron Glia Biol. 2010;6:31-42 pubmed publisher..These findings may have relevant implications for the development of new therapeutic strategies for chronic pain treatment. ..
- Dal Ben D, Buccioni M, Lambertucci C, Marucci G, Volpini R, Cristalli G. The importance of alkynyl chain presence for the activity of adenine nucleosides/nucleotides on purinergic receptors. Curr Med Chem. 2011;18:1444-63 pubmed..Furthermore, the contribution of chemistry, molecular modelling, and pharmacology to the development of structure-activity relationships in this class of purinergic receptor ligands will be outlined. ..
- Negrisolo E, Babbucci M, Patarnello T. The mitochondrial genome of the ascalaphid owlfly Libelloides macaronius and comparative evolutionary mitochondriomics of neuropterid insects. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:221 pubmed publisher..Both tRNA families and ribosomal RNAs show composite substitution pathways. The neuropterid mitochondrial genome is characterized by a complex evolutionary history...
- Papini N, Anastasia L, Tringali C, Dileo L, Carubelli I, Sampaolesi M, et al. MmNEU3 sialidase over-expression in C2C12 myoblasts delays differentiation and induces hypertrophic myotube formation. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:2967-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this work further supports the central role of NEU3 as a key modulator in skeletal muscle differentiation, particularly in the myoblast fusion step...
- Radaelli A, De Giuli Morghen C, Zanotto C, Pacchioni S, Bissa M, Franconi R, et al. A prime/boost strategy by DNA/fowlpox recombinants expressing a mutant E7 protein for the immunotherapy of HPV-associated cancers. Virus Res. 2012;170:44-52 pubmed publisher..These results establish a preliminary indication for therapy of HPV-related tumors by the combined use of DNA and avipox recombinants, which might represent safer immunogens than vaccinia-based vaccines. ..
- Lattuada D, Crotta K, Tonna N, Casnici C, Benfante R, Fornasari D, et al. The expression of GHS-R in primary neurons is dependent upon maturation stage and regional localization. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64183 pubmed publisher..A characterization of GHS-R within the central nervous system is of extreme importance in order to gain insights on its role in the modulation of neurodegenerative events such as Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Santangelo B, Micieli F, Mozzillo T, Reynaud F, Marino F, Auletta L, et al. Transnasal administration of a combination of dexmedetomidine, midazolam and butorphanol produces deep sedation in New Zealand White rabbits. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2016;43:209-14 pubmed publisher..Oxygen supplementation and careful monitoring are mandatory even in healthy subjects. The DMB protocol should be cautiously used in rabbits with cardiovascular or respiratory deficiencies. ..
- Signaroldi E, Laise P, Cristofanon S, Brancaccio A, Reisoli E, Atashpaz S, et al. Polycomb dysregulation in gliomagenesis targets a Zfp423-dependent differentiation network. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10753 pubmed publisher..The anti-gliomagenic activity of Zfp423 requires interaction with the SMAD proteins within the BMP signalling pathway, pointing to a novel synergic circuit through which Polycomb inhibits BMP signalling. ..
- Calapai G, Mazzaglia G, Marciano M, Squadrito F, Altavilla D, Zingarelli B, et al. Cloricromene antagonizes antidipsogenic effects induced by endotoxin, but not by TNF alpha, in the rat. Life Sci. 1992;51:2041-8 pubmed..c.v. injected) antagonizes the effects of mediators of LPS on sites regulating thirst and suggest that cloricromene's action may be due to inhibition of brain TNF-alpha formation induced by LPS. ..
- Alesci R, Bagnoli P. Endogenous levels of serotonin and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid in specific areas of the pigeon CNS: effects of serotonin neurotoxins. Brain Res. 1988;450:259-71 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that selective neurotoxins for serotonergic systems can provide a useful denervation tool for the study of serotonergic function in the pigeon CNS. ..
- Ambrogi V, Grandolini G, Rossi C, Tiralti M. Studies on annelated 1,4-benzothiazines and 1,5-benzothiazepines. III--Synthesis and CNS activity of some 1-substituted derivatives of the novel heterocyclic system 4,5-dihydro-s-triazolo [3,4-d]-1,5-benzothiazepine. Farmaco Sci. 1987;42:575-83 pubmed..All the described compounds are representative of a novel ring system. Some of these compounds were tested for their CNS activity and effects comparable with the ones of diazepam were observed. ..
- Petersen B, Lukas J, Sørensen C, Bartek J, Helin K. Phosphorylation of mammalian CDC6 by cyclin A/CDK2 regulates its subcellular localization. EMBO J. 1999;18:396-410 pubmed..Based on our data we suggest that the phosphorylation of CDC6 by Cyclin A/CDK2 is a negative regulatory event that could be implicated in preventing re-replication during S phase and G2. ..
- Plyte S, Boncristiano M, Fattori E, Galvagni F, Paccani S, Majolini M, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel nuclear factor of activated T-cells-1 isoform expressed in mouse brain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14350-8 pubmed..NFAT1-D was, however, inducibly activated in a cyclosporin A-sensitive manner when expressed in T-cells, suggesting that the activity of NFAT proteins might be controlled by their specific cellular context. ..
- Persico A, Baldi A, Dell Acqua M, Moessner R, Murphy D, Lesch K, et al. Reduced programmed cell death in brains of serotonin transporter knockout mice. Neuroreport. 2003;14:341-4 pubmed
- Bernat A, Avvakumov N, Mymryk J, Banks L. Interaction between the HPV E7 oncoprotein and the transcriptional coactivator p300. Oncogene. 2003;22:7871-81 pubmed..Finally, we show that E7 can abolish the p300-mediated E2 transactivation function, suggesting that complex formation between E7 and p300 may contribute to the regulation of E2 transcriptional activity. ..
- Rigobello M, Scutari G, Folda A, Bindoli A. Mitochondrial thioredoxin reductase inhibition by gold(I) compounds and concurrent stimulation of permeability transition and release of cytochrome c. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:689-96 pubmed..It is concluded that the specific inhibition of thioredoxin reductase by gold(I) compounds may be the determinant of MPT and the release of cytochrome c. ..
- Bacchetta R, Passerini L, Gambineri E, Dai M, Allan S, Perroni L, et al. Defective regulatory and effector T cell functions in patients with FOXP3 mutations. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1713-22 pubmed
- Rigamonti A, Giordani C, Bonomo S, Cella S, Muller E. Early tolerance to the hypophagic effect of the cannabinoid receptor antagonist SR141716 does not impede blockade of an orexigenic stimulus. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;542:116-20 pubmed
- Fortina M, Ricci G, Foschino R, Picozzi C, Dolci P, Zeppa G, et al. Phenotypic typing, technological properties and safety aspects of Lactococcus garvieae strains from dairy environments. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:445-53 pubmed..To characterize Lactococcus garvieae strains of dairy origin and to determine their technological properties and safety for their possible use in starter culture preparation...
- Dalla Valle L, Nardi A, Toni M, Emera D, Alibardi L. Beta-keratins of turtle shell are glycine-proline-tyrosine rich proteins similar to those of crocodilians and birds. J Anat. 2009;214:284-300 pubmed publisher..Glycine repeat regions, often containing tyrosine, are localized toward the C-terminus. Phylogenetic analysis shows that turtle beta-keratins are more similar to crocodilian and avian beta-keratins than to those of lizards and snakes. ..
- Presta M, Andres G, Leali D, Dell Era P, Ronca R. Inflammatory cells and chemokines sustain FGF2-induced angiogenesis. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2009;20:39-50 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the cross-talk between FGF2 and the inflammatory response in the modulation of blood vessel growth. ..
- Fardin P, Ognibene M, Vanni C, De Santanna A, Varesio L, Eva A. Induction of epithelial mesenchimal transition and vasculogenesis in the lenses of Dbl oncogene transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7058 pubmed publisher..We conclude that onco-Dbl has a potentially important, previously unreported, capacity to dramatically alter epithelial cell migration, replication, polarization and differentiation and to induce vascularization of an epithelial tissue. ..
- Chiarugi P, Fiaschi T. Adiponectin in health and diseases: from metabolic syndrome to tissue regeneration. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2010;14:193-206 pubmed publisher..Indeed, this adipokine behaves as a stem factor for several tissues, giving a new perspective for its use as a tool for cell-based therapy of diseased/injured tissues. ..
- Porzionato A, Fenu G, Rucinski M, Macchi V, Montella A, Malendowicz L, et al. KISS1 and KISS1R expression in the human and rat carotid body and superior cervical ganglion. Eur J Histochem. 2011;55:e14 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, a possible role of kisspeptins in the regulation of carotid body blood flow and, indirectly, in chemoreceptor discharge may also be hypothesized. ..
- Granato A, Palmer L, De Giorgio A, Tavian D, Larkum M. Early exposure to alcohol leads to permanent impairment of dendritic excitability in neocortical pyramidal neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1377-82 pubmed publisher..The firing pattern and the firing rate of layer 2/3 neurons were not affected by alcohol exposure. ..
- Carta F, Scozzafava A, Supuran C. Sulfonamides: a patent review (2008 - 2012). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2012;22:747-58 pubmed publisher..This privileged structural motif is likely to be present in other drugs in the future. ..
- Evoli A, Padua L. Diagnosis and therapy of myasthenia gravis with antibodies to muscle-specific kinase. Autoimmun Rev. 2013;12:931-5 pubmed publisher..Since treatment with rituximab, in uncontrolled studies, induced sustained benefit in patients with refractory disease, B cell depletion is an attractive option for MuSK-MG patients unresponsive to conventional immunosuppressants. ..
- ..In conclusion, the resulting scenario illustrates that common factors may underlie different autoimmune diseases and this is well represented by the observed alterations in interferon-? and TGF? or by the shared signaling pathways...
- Caselli A, Cirri P, Santi A, Paoli P. Morin: A Promising Natural Drug. Curr Med Chem. 2016;23:774-91 pubmed..All these findings suggest that Morin could be used, either alone or in combination with other drugs, to prevent many human pathologies. ..
- Ruggiero M, Pazzagli C, Rigacci S, Magnelli L, Raugei G, Berti A, et al. Negative growth control by a novel low M(r) phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase in normal and transformed cells. FEBS Lett. 1993;326:294-8 pubmed..We conclude that this novel PTPase is active on cell type-specific signalling substrates that control normal and transformed fibroblast proliferation. ..
- Gionti M, Ristoratore F, Di Gregorio A, Aniello F, Branno M, Di Lauro R. Cihox5, a new Ciona intestinalis Hox-related gene, is involved in regionalization of the spinal cord. Dev Genes Evol. 1998;207:515-23 pubmed..Expression in the spinal cord is attributed to ependymal cells. This result implies a role for this gene in primitive regionalization of spinal cord along the anteroposterior axis in the absence of neuronal bodies. ..
- Marini M, Giacopelli F, Seri M, Ravazzolo R. Interaction of the LMX1B and PAX2 gene products suggests possible molecular basis of differential phenotypes in Nail-Patella syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2005;13:789-92 pubmed..Such interaction provides support to further studies on pathways underlying important developmental processes...
- Fanni D, Pilloni L, Orru S, Coni P, Liguori C, Serra S, et al. Expression of ATP7B in normal human liver. Eur J Histochem. 2005;49:371-8 pubmed..The data suggest that, in human liver, ATP7B is localized to the plasma membrane of both hepatocytes and biliary epithelial cells. ..
- Ebani V, Cerri D, Fratini F, Ampola M, Andreani E. Anaplasma phagocytophilum infection in a fallow deer (Dama dama) population in a preserve of central Italy. New Microbiol. 2007;30:161-5 pubmed..Three serologically positive animals gave negative results at the nested PCR. Five deer scored negative both to serological tests and PCR. ..
- Frontini A, Cinti S. Distribution and development of brown adipocytes in the murine and human adipose organ. Cell Metab. 2010;11:253-6 pubmed publisher..Many of the anatomo-physiological features of murine fat depots apply to humans. ..
- Giagulli C, Magiera A, Bugatti A, Caccuri F, Marsico S, Rusnati M, et al. HIV-1 matrix protein p17 binds to the IL-8 receptor CXCR1 and shows IL-8-like chemokine activity on monocytes through Rho/ROCK activation. Blood. 2012;119:2274-83 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have highlighted the role of IL-8 and CXCR1 in HIV-1 replication and AIDS pathogenesis. Our findings herein call for an exploration of the therapeutic potential of blocking the p17/IL-8/CXCR1 axis in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Lancon A, Frazzi R, Latruffe N. Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Angiogenic Properties of Resveratrol in Ocular Diseases. Molecules. 2016;21:304 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol has the potential to be used in a range of human ocular diseases and conditions, based on animal models and in vitro experiments. ..
- Bianchi M, Falciola L, Ferrari S, Lilley D. The DNA binding site of HMG1 protein is composed of two similar segments (HMG boxes), both of which have counterparts in other eukaryotic regulatory proteins. EMBO J. 1992;11:1055-63 pubmed..However, these proteins are reported to bind to specific sequences, suggesting that the HMG box of proteins distantly related to HMG1 might differ significantly from the HMG box of HMG1-like proteins. ..
- De Pinto V, Caggese C, Prezioso G, Ritossa F. Purification of the glutamine synthetase II isozyme of Drosophila melanogaster and structural and functional comparison of glutamine synthetases I and II. Biochem Genet. 1987;25:821-36 pubmed..We therefore conclude that two forms of glutamine synthetase are present in Drosophila, with different primary structures, different kinetic behavior, and the possibility of different functional properties. ..
- Sansone M. Antihistaminic-opioid combination: effect on locomotor activity in mice. Pol J Pharmacol Pharm. 1988;40:515-23 pubmed..Such hypothesis was strengthened by further findings indicating enhancement by tripelennamine of the locomotor stimulation induced by buprenorphine, a drug possessing morphine-like properties...
- Faulkner G, Pallavicini A, Formentin E, Comelli A, Ievolella C, Trevisan S, et al. ZASP: a new Z-band alternatively spliced PDZ-motif protein. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:465-75 pubmed..The transcript coding for this Z-band alternatively spliced PDZ motif (ZASP) protein maps on chromosome 10q22.3-10q23.2, near the locus for infantile-onset spinocerebellar ataxia. ..
- Bandi C, Trees A, Brattig N. Wolbachia in filarial nematodes: evolutionary aspects and implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of filarial diseases. Vet Parasitol. 2001;98:215-38 pubmed
- Caciagli P, Verderio A. Experimental layout, data analysis, and thresholds in ELISA testing of maize for aphid-borne viruses. J Virol Methods. 2003;110:143-52 pubmed..This allowed rapid analysis of more than 1100 maize samples testing for the presence of seven aphid-borne viruses-in fact almost 8000 ELISA samples...
- De Feo V, Faro C. Pharmacological effects of extracts from Valeriana adscendens Trel. II. Effects on GABA uptake and amino acids. Phytother Res. 2003;17:661-4 pubmed..The data obtained could explain the neuroleptic activity of methanolic extract of the plant and confirm its traditional use. ..
- Stasi M, Ruggiero V, Ursillo A, Taurelli R, Agliano M, Weber E, et al. Ameliorating effects of the immunomodulator 3-(2-ethylphenyl)-5-(3-methoxyphenyl)-1H-1,2,4-triazole in an experimental model of colitis in the rat. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;494:263-72 pubmed..Similar results were observed with the reference drug 5-aminosalycilic acid. ..
- Masserdotti C, Bonfanti U, De Lorenzi D, Tranquillo M, Zanetti O. Cytologic features of testicular tumours in dog. J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2005;52:339-46 pubmed..The specificity was 100% for all three tumour types. In our experience cytology of fine needle aspirations of testicular tumours is a very reliable technique. ..
- Colombetti S, Basso V, Mueller D, Mondino A. Prolonged TCR/CD28 engagement drives IL-2-independent T cell clonal expansion through signaling mediated by the mammalian target of rapamycin. J Immunol. 2006;176:2730-8 pubmed..These data suggest that Ag persistence and the availability of costimulatory signals and of autocrine and paracrine growth factors individually shape T lymphocyte expansion in vivo. ..
- Ceccanti M, Attili A, Balducci G, Attilia F, Giacomelli S, Rotondo C, et al. Acute alcoholic hepatitis. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2006;40:833-41 pubmed..The problems of liver transplant in severe AAH, and the need of a 6-month alcohol abstinence before transplant, are discussed, as well as the need of a careful psychologic assessment before the transplant. ..