Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Israel
Publications765 found, 100 shown here
- Nudelman F, Gotliv B, Addadi L, Weiner S. Mollusk shell formation: mapping the distribution of organic matrix components underlying a single aragonitic tablet in nacre. J Struct Biol. 2006;153:176-87 pubmed..The observed differentiation in the distribution of matrix components and their functional groups shows that the different stages of single crystal growth are highly controlled by the matrix. ..
- Sharabi A, Haviv A, Zinger H, Dayan M, Mozes E. Amelioration of murine lupus by a peptide, based on the complementarity determining region-1 of an autoantibody as compared to dexamethasone: different effects on cytokines and apoptosis. Clin Immunol. 2006;119:146-55 pubmed..Furthermore, down-regulation of FasL appeared to play a role in cytokine modulation. We conclude that specific treatment with hCDR1 ameliorates murine lupus via distinct mechanisms of action than those of dexamethasone. ..
- Cohen H, Benjamin J. Power spectrum analysis and cardiovascular morbidity in anxiety disorders. Auton Neurosci. 2006;128:1-8 pubmed..The authors call for further studies, especially in patients with co-existing anxiety disorders and heart disease, incorporating assessment of HRV. ..
- Shaldubina A, Buccafusca R, Johanson R, Agam G, Belmaker R, Berry G, et al. Behavioural phenotyping of sodium-myo-inositol cotransporter heterozygous knockout mice with reduced brain inositol. Genes Brain Behav. 2007;6:253-9 pubmed..Reduction of brain inositol by more than 25% may be required to elicit neurobehavioural effects. ..
- Nadri C, Agam G. Perinatal oxygen restriction does not result in reduced rat frontal cortex synaptophysin protein levels at adulthood as opposed to postmortem findings in schizophrenia. J Mol Neurosci. 2009;37:60-6 pubmed publisher..019). These results are in contrast to postmortem findings in schizophrenia and suggest that reduced synaptophysin protein levels in schizophrenia patients' postmortem brain do not result from perinatal oxygen deprivation. ..
- Gerchman I, Levisohn S, Mikula I, Lysnyansky I. In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of Mycoplasma bovis isolated in Israel from local and imported cattle. Vet Microbiol. 2009;137:268-75 pubmed publisher..bovis strains isolated from different geographical regions seen in this study emphasizes the necessity for performing of the antimicrobial susceptibility testing periodically and on a regional basis...
- Cnaani A, Levavi Sivan B. Sexual development in fish, practical applications for aquaculture. Sex Dev. 2009;3:164-75 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we review the techniques available for the production of all-male, all-female, and sterile populations. Techniques for endocrinological control of reproduction are also discussed. ..
- David Y, Cacheaux L, Ivens S, Lapilover E, Heinemann U, Kaufer D, et al. Astrocytic dysfunction in epileptogenesis: consequence of altered potassium and glutamate homeostasis?. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10588-99 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the resulting reduction in the clearance of extracellular potassium underlies frequency-dependent neuronal hyperexcitability and network synchronization. ..
- Rishal I, Michaelevski I, Rozenbaum M, Shinder V, Medzihradszky K, Burlingame A, et al. Axoplasm isolation from peripheral nerve. Dev Neurobiol. 2010;70:126-33 pubmed publisher..We show that this new procedure reduces serum and glial cell contamination and facilitates proteomic analyses of axonal contents. ..
- Gaidukov L, Bar D, Yacobson S, Naftali E, Kaufman O, Tabakman R, et al. In vivo administration of BL-3050: highly stable engineered PON1-HDL complexes. BMC Clin Pharmacol. 2009;9:18 pubmed publisher..The in vivo data also suggest that rePON1 and BL-3050 are stable and safe, and could be used for acute, and possibly repeated treatments, with no adverse effects. ..
- Lapter S, Marom A, Meshorer A, Elmann A, Sharabi A, Vadai E, et al. Amelioration of brain pathology and behavioral dysfunction in mice with lupus following treatment with a tolerogenic peptide. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3744-54 pubmed publisher..Treatment with hCDR1 ameliorated CNS pathology and improved the tested cognitive and mood-related behavior of the mice with lupus. Thus, hCDR1 is a novel candidate for the treatment of CNS lupus. ..
- Gore Y, Lantner F, Hart G, Shachar I. Mad3 negatively regulates B cell differentiation in the spleen by inducing Id2 expression. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1864-71 pubmed publisher..During their differentiation to mature cells, B cells reduce their Mad3 expression, enabling the maturation process to occur. ..
- Shalgi R, Pilpel Y, Oren M. Repression of transposable-elements - a microRNA anti-cancer defense mechanism?. Trends Genet. 2010;26:253-9 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis calls into consideration the need to study the role of miRNAs and the RNAi machinery in the nucleus, and specifically their impact on the maintenance of genomic integrity in the context of cancer. ..
- Hanin O, Azrielli A, Zakin V, Applebaum S, Rafaeli A. Identification and differential expression of a sex-peptide receptor in Helicoverpa armigera. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;41:537-44 pubmed publisher..After mating SP-R transcript levels in female neural tissues and pheromone glands are up-regulated. Physiological studies in vivo confirm the up-regulation of gene expression levels in pheromone glands isolated from mated females. ..
- Yaski O, Portugali J, Eilam D. City rats: insight from rat spatial behavior into human cognition in urban environments. Anim Cogn. 2011;14:655-63 pubmed publisher..Overall, testing rats in environments that simulate facets of urban environments can provide new insights into human spatial cognition in urban environments. ..
- Machtinger R, Laurent L, Baccarelli A. Extracellular vesicles: roles in gamete maturation, fertilization and embryo implantation. Hum Reprod Update. 2016;22:182-93 pubmed publisher..In this review, we present a comprehensive survey of the rapidly expanding literature on this subject, highlighting both relevant findings and gaps in knowledge. ..
- Ehrlich G, Viegas Pequignot E, Ginzberg D, Sindel L, Soreq H, Zakut H. Mapping the human acetylcholinesterase gene to chromosome 7q22 by fluorescent in situ hybridization coupled with selective PCR amplification from a somatic hybrid cell panel and chromosome-sorted DNA libraries. Genomics. 1992;13:1192-7 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Chebath J, Benech P, Revel M, Vigneron M. Constitutive expression of (2'-5') oligo A synthetase confers resistance to picornavirus infection. Nature. 1987;330:587-8 pubmed..Elevated enzyme correlates directly with resistance to infection by a picornavirus such as Mengo, but does not make the cells resistant to vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV). ..
- Chestukhin A, Muradov K, Litovchick L, Shaltiel S. The cleavage of protein kinase A by the kinase-splitting membranal proteinase is reproduced by meprin beta. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30272-80 pubmed..It is hoped that these results will shed light on the possible physiological role of KSMP and the way it may affect protein kinase A-mediated processes. ..
- Gabay L, Seger R, Shilo B. In situ activation pattern of Drosophila EGF receptor pathway during development. Science. 1997;277:1103-6 pubmed..This in situ approach can be used to monitor other receptor-triggered pathways in a wide range of organisms. ..
- Arons E, Kunin V, Schechter C, Ehrlich R. Organization and functional analysis of the mouse transporter associated with antigen processing 2 promoter. J Immunol. 2001;166:3942-51 pubmed..The implication of the extensive differences found among the promoters of class I heavy chain, low molecular weight polypeptide, and TAP genes, all encoding proteins involved in Ag presentation, is discussed...
- Bar On P, Millard C, Harel M, Dvir H, Enz A, Sussman J, et al. Kinetic and structural studies on the interaction of cholinesterases with the anti-Alzheimer drug rivastigmine. Biochemistry. 2002;41:3555-64 pubmed..This movement may provide an explanation for the unusually slow kinetics of reactivation. ..
- Poliak S, Salomon D, Elhanany H, Sabanay H, Kiernan B, Pevny L, et al. Juxtaparanodal clustering of Shaker-like K+ channels in myelinated axons depends on Caspr2 and TAG-1. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:1149-60 pubmed
- Opatowsky Y, Chomsky Hecht O, Kang M, Campbell K, Hirsch J. The voltage-dependent calcium channel beta subunit contains two stable interacting domains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52323-32 pubmed..Domain II is responsible for this binding, but domain I enhances it. ..
- Yacobi K, Wojtowicz A, Tsafriri A, Gross A. Gonadotropins enhance caspase-3 and -7 activity and apoptosis in the theca-interstitial cells of rat preovulatory follicles in culture. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1943-51 pubmed..Thus, LH and FSH have a dual effect on the cultured rat preovulatory follicle: an antiapoptotic effect on GC and a proapoptotic effect on TIC. ..
- Krasnov B, Khokhlova I, Shenbrot G. Sampling fleas: the reliability of host infestation data. Med Vet Entomol. 2004;18:232-40 pubmed..The results of this study demonstrate that, in general, the index of host body infestation by fleas can be used reliably as an indicator of the entire population size. ..
- Shamay A, Homans R, Fuerman Y, Levin I, Barash H, Silanikove N, et al. Expression of albumin in nonhepatic tissues and its synthesis by the bovine mammary gland. J Dairy Sci. 2005;88:569-76 pubmed..Exposure to lipopolysaccharide accelerated albumin synthesis in a time-dependent manner up to 48 h. These results lead us to suggest that the secretion of albumin by the mammary gland is part of the innate nonspecific defense system. ..
- Dudkiewicz I, Cohen I, Horowitz S, Regev S, Perelman M, Chechik A, et al. Colchicine inhibits heterotopic ossification: experimental study in rabbits. Isr Med Assoc J. 2005;7:31-4 pubmed..Heterotopic ossification is a common complication of hip surgery and musculoskeletal or brain trauma...
- Levitin F, Stern O, Weiss M, Gil Henn C, Ziv R, Prokocimer Z, et al. The MUC1 SEA module is a self-cleaving domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33374-86 pubmed..It is likely that all cleaved SEA module-containing proteins follow a similar route. ..
- Golomb D, Yue C, Yaari Y. Contribution of persistent Na+ current and M-type K+ current to somatic bursting in CA1 pyramidal cells: combined experimental and modeling study. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:1912-26 pubmed..We suggest that bursting in CA1 pyramidal cells can be explained by a single compartment "square bursting" mechanism with one slow variable, the activation of I(M). ..
- Shkap V, de Vos A, Zweygarth E, Jongejan F. Attenuated vaccines for tropical theileriosis, babesiosis and heartwater: the continuing necessity. Trends Parasitol. 2007;23:420-6 pubmed..As a result, there is a continuing necessity to use available live vaccines in tick and tick-borne disease-control strategies adapted to conditions prevailing in many parts of the world...
- Marash L, Liberman N, Henis Korenblit S, Sivan G, Reem E, Elroy Stein O, et al. DAP5 promotes cap-independent translation of Bcl-2 and CDK1 to facilitate cell survival during mitosis. Mol Cell. 2008;30:447-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, DAP5 is necessary for maintaining cell survival during mitosis by promoting cap-independent translation of at least two prosurvival proteins. ..
- Ben Horin S, Chowers Y. Neuroimmunology of the gut: physiology, pathology, and pharmacology. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2008;8:490-5 pubmed publisher..These, and others, neuro-immune interactions may pave the way to the design of novel therapeutic agents for the treatment of chronic inflammatory bowel disorders. ..
- Politi Y, Metzler R, Abrecht M, Gilbert B, Wilt F, Sagi I, et al. Transformation mechanism of amorphous calcium carbonate into calcite in the sea urchin larval spicule. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:17362-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that the amorphous-crystal transformation propagates in a tortuous path through preexisting 40- to 100-nm amorphous units, via a secondary nucleation mechanism. ..
- Avni R, Mangoubi O, Bhattacharyya R, Degani H, Frydman L. Magnetization transfer magic-angle-spinning z-spectroscopy of excised tissues. J Magn Reson. 2009;199:1-9 pubmed publisher..Concurrently, histological examinations are reported validating the limits of HRMAS NMR procedures to the analysis of tissue samples preserved in a number of different ways. ..
- Lysnyansky I, Brenner J, Alpert N, Benjamin A, Bernstein M, Elad D, et al. Identification of Mycoplasma bovigenitalium and Mycoplasma canadense from outbreaks of granulopapular vulvovaginitis in dairy cattle in Israel. Vet Rec. 2009;165:319-22 pubmed..Two isolates of small, round, non-enveloped viral particles were approximately 25 nm in diameter and characteristic of enteroviruses on negative-staining electron microscopy...
- Filipovich Rimon T, Fleisher Berkovich S. Protein synthesis dependent effects of kinins on astrocyte prostaglandin synthesis. Peptides. 2010;31:651-6 pubmed publisher..At least part of this presumed feedback loop could be mediated by de novo protein synthesis of cyclooxygenase-2. ..
- Rousso Noori L, Knobler H, Levy Apter E, Kuperman Y, Neufeld Cohen A, Keshet Y, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon affects body weight by downregulating leptin signaling in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Cell Metab. 2011;13:562-72 pubmed publisher..RPTPe is therefore an inhibitor of hypothalamic leptin signaling in vivo, and provides controlled negative-feedback regulation of this pathway following its activation. ..
- Siton O, Ideses Y, Albeck S, Unger T, Bershadsky A, Gov N, et al. Cortactin releases the brakes in actin- based motility by enhancing WASP-VCA detachment from Arp2/3 branches. Curr Biol. 2011;21:2092-7 pubmed publisher..This enhanced release has two major effects: it increases the turnover rate of branching per WASP molecule, and it decreases the friction-like force caused by the binding of the moving surface with respect to the growing actin network. ..
- Leitner G, Merin U, Krifucks O, Blum S, Rivas A, Silanikove N. Effects of intra-mammary bacterial infection with coagulase negative staphylococci and stage of lactation on shedding of epithelial cells and infiltration of leukocytes into milk: comparison among cows, goats and sheep. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2012;147:202-10 pubmed publisher..The cellular immune response to CNS infection was similar for the three animal species, although the number of cells was different, while the basal cell level at mid-lactation and especially at the end of lactation was species specific...
- Limor Waisberg K, Ben Dor S, Fass D. Diversification of quiescin sulfhydryl oxidase in a preserved framework for redox relay. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:70 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that QSOX enzymes are characterized not just by the presence of the two defining domain folds but also by features that promote coordinated activity. ..
- Ardi Z, Albrecht A, Richter Levin A, Saha R, Richter Levin G. Behavioral profiling as a translational approach in an animal model of posttraumatic stress disorder. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;88:139-47 pubmed publisher..The results provide evidence for the importance of employing behavioral profiling in animal models of PTSD, in order to better understand the neural basis of stress vulnerability and resilience. ..
- Levy Strumpf N, Kimchi A. Death associated proteins (DAPs): from gene identification to the analysis of their apoptotic and tumor suppressive functions. Oncogene. 1998;17:3331-40 pubmed
- Lamprecht R. CREB: a message to remember. Cell Mol Life Sci. 1999;55:554-63 pubmed..The present review is focused on the CREB protein, its role in memory formation and considers mechanistic models pertaining to CREB action in modulating neuronal networks that underlie LTM. ..
- Shoenfeld Y, Aron Maor A. Vaccination and autoimmunity-'vaccinosis': a dangerous liaison?. J Autoimmun. 2000;14:1-10 pubmed..We discuss the pros and cons of this issue (although the temporal relationship (i.e. always 2-3 months following immunization) is impressive). ..
- Ponomaryov T, Peled A, Petit I, Taichman R, Habler L, Sandbank J, et al. Induction of the chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 following DNA damage improves human stem cell function. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:1331-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that immature osteoblasts and endothelial cells control stem cell homing, retention, and repopulation by secreting SDF-1, which also participates in host defense responses to DNA damage. ..
- Kafri M, Drory V, Wang N, Rabinowitz R, Korczyn A, Chapman J. Assessment of experimental autoimmune neuritis in the rat by electrophysiology of the tail nerve. Muscle Nerve. 2002;25:51-7 pubmed..4 +/- 0.9 m/s, P < 0.001). The tail nerve may be a useful addition to electrophysiological studies in this model of the Guillain-Barré syndrome. ..
- Abdu U, Davis C, Khalaila I, Sagi A. The vitellogenin cDNA of Cherax quadricarinatus encodes a lipoprotein with calcium binding ability, and its expression is induced following the removal of the androgenic gland in a sexually plastic system. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2002;127:263-72 pubmed..In sexually plastic intersex animals, removal of the androgenic gland results in vitellogenin transcription, indicating that the gene is negatively regulated by the androgenic gland. ..
- Nagalakshmi V, Applebaum S, Kubli E, Choffat Y, Rafaeli A. The presence of Drosophila melanogaster sex peptide-like immunoreactivity in the accessory glands of male Helicoverpa armigera. J Insect Physiol. 2004;50:241-8 pubmed..Lower levels of DrmSP-like immunoreactivity were found in younger males (1-2 day-old) when compared to older males (3-7 day-old). ..
- Elad D, Friedgut O, Alpert N, Stram Y, Lahav D, Tiomkin D, et al. Bovine necrotic vulvovaginitis associated with Porphyromonas levii. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:505-7 pubmed..Five animals had to be culled. This report appears to be the first that associates P. levii with bovine necrotic vulvovagnitis...
- Buccoliero R, Bodennec J, van Echten Deckert G, Sandhoff K, Futerman A. Phospholipid synthesis is decreased in neuronal tissue in a mouse model of Sandhoff disease. J Neurochem. 2004;90:80-8 pubmed
- Gal T, Glazer I, Koltai H. An LEA group 3 family member is involved in survival of C. elegans during exposure to stress. FEBS Lett. 2004;577:21-6 pubmed..Together, these results establish a functional role for Ce-lea-1 in stress survival of C. elegans and suggest that Ce-lea-1 may function as a component that is common to the responses to the examined stress conditions. ..
- Lottem E, Azouz R. Dynamic translation of surface coarseness into whisker vibrations. J Neurophysiol. 2008;100:2852-65 pubmed publisher..However, due to the dynamic nature of this translation process, we propose that texture discrimination may require the integration of signals from multiple spatial and temporal sensory channels to disambiguate surface roughness. ..
- Eden E, Navon R, Steinfeld I, Lipson D, Yakhini Z. GOrilla: a tool for discovery and visualization of enriched GO terms in ranked gene lists. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:48 pubmed publisher..GOrilla is publicly available at: http://cbl-gorilla.cs.technion.ac.il ..
- Avnit Sagi T, Kantorovich L, Kredo Russo S, Hornstein E, Walker M. The promoter of the pri-miR-375 gene directs expression selectively to the endocrine pancreas. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5033 pubmed publisher..Detailed analysis of the transcriptional mechanisms controlling expression of miRNA genes will be essential to permit a comprehensive understanding of the complex role of miRNAs such as miR-375 in developmental processes. ..
- Kivity S, Ortega Hernandez O, Shoenfeld Y. Olfaction--a window to the mind. Isr Med Assoc J. 2009;11:238-43 pubmed
- Goldshaid L, Rubinstein E, Brandis A, Segal D, Leshem N, Brenner O, et al. Novel design principles enable specific targeting of imaging and therapeutic agents to necrotic domains in breast tumors. Breast Cancer Res. 2010;12:R29 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel guidelines and strategy for imaging and treatment of necrotic tumors. ..
- Shoenfeld Y, Agmon Levin N. 'ASIA' - autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants. J Autoimmun. 2011;36:4-8 pubmed publisher..Relating to the current knowledge we would like to suggest to include these comparable conditions under a common syndrome entitled ASIA, "Autoimmune (Auto-inflammatory) Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants". ..
- Lavon Y, Leitner G, Klipper E, Moallem U, Meidan R, Wolfenson D. Subclinical, chronic intramammary infection lowers steroid concentrations and gene expression in bovine preovulatory follicles. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2011;40:98-109 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that a considerable proportion (one-third) of subclinical mastitic cows have abnormal follicular steroidogenesis, which can explain the reproductive failure associated with this disease. ..
- Zioni N, Soroker V, Chejanovsky N. Replication of Varroa destructor virus 1 (VDV-1) and a Varroa destructor virus 1-deformed wing virus recombinant (VDV-1-DWV) in the head of the honey bee. Virology. 2011;417:106-12 pubmed publisher..Thus VDV-1-DWV recombination may yield virulent strains able to cause overt infections in Varroa-infested bee colonies. ..
- Giloh M, Shinder D, Yahav S. Skin surface temperature of broiler chickens is correlated to body core temperature and is indicative of their thermoregulatory status. Poult Sci. 2012;91:175-88 pubmed publisher..The application of this technique to other domestic animals should be investigated in future experiments. ..
- Britzi M, Friedman S, Miron J, Solomon R, Cuneah O, Shimshoni J, et al. Carry-over of aflatoxin B1 to aflatoxin M1 in high yielding Israeli cows in mid- and late-lactation. Toxins (Basel). 2013;5:173-83 pubmed publisher..6224. If these data truly reflect the carry-over in the national Israeli dairy herd, the maximum level of AFB1 in feed should not exceed 1.4 ?g/kg, a value 3.6 times lower than the maximum residue level currently applied in Israel. ..
- Sandalon S, Könnecke B, Levkovitch Verbin H, Simons M, Hein K, Sättler M, et al. Functional and structural evaluation of lamotrigine treatment in rat models of acute and chronic ocular hypertension. Exp Eye Res. 2013;115:47-56 pubmed publisher..Nav1.6 labeling was inconclusive. In conclusion we found lamotrigine treatment to be mostly ineffective in both acute and chronic ocular hypertension models. ..
- Eilam D. From an animal model to human patients: An example of a translational study on obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2017;76:67-76 pubmed publisher..In OCD, this sequence is curtailed, resulting in the abundant repetition and addition of acts. ..
- Lu X, Peled N, Greer J, Wu W, Choi P, Berger A, et al. MET Exon 14 Mutation Encodes an Actionable Therapeutic Target in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4498-4505 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4498-505. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Rosenberg Hasson Y, Renert Pasca M, Volk T. A Drosophila dystrophin-related protein, MSP-300, is required for embryonic muscle morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 1996;60:83-94 pubmed
- Kim S, Cohen B, Novick D, Rubinstein M. Mammalian type I interferon receptors consists of two subunits: IFNaR1 and IFNaR2. Gene. 1997;196:279-86 pubmed..We therefore conclude that the murine type I IFN receptor consists of two different subunits--a configuration shared by humans, and probably all other mammals. ..
- Zimmer Y, Milo Landesman D, Svetlanov A, Efrat S. Genes induced by growth arrest in a pancreatic beta cell line: identification by analysis of cDNA arrays. FEBS Lett. 1999;457:65-70 pubmed..Characterization of these genes is likely to contribute to our understanding of beta cell function and the ability to employ beta cell lines in cell therapy of diabetes. ..
- Glazer L, Shilo B. Hedgehog signaling patterns the tracheal branches. Development. 2001;128:1599-606 pubmed..Signaling by several pathways, including the Hh pathway, thus serves to subdivide the uniform population of tracheal cells into distinct cell types that will subsequently be recruited into the different branches. ..
- Laham N, Rotem Yehudar R, Shechter C, Coligan J, Ehrlich R. Transferrin [corrected] receptor association and endosomal localization of soluble HFE are not sufficient for regulation of cellular iron homeostasis. J Cell Biochem. 2004;91:1130-45 pubmed
- Eshed Y, Feinberg K, Poliak S, Sabanay H, Sarig Nadir O, Spiegel I, et al. Gliomedin mediates Schwann cell-axon interaction and the molecular assembly of the nodes of Ranvier. Neuron. 2005;47:215-29 pubmed..Furthermore, a soluble gliomedin induced nodal-like clusters of Na+ channels in the absence of Schwann cells. We propose that gliomedin provides a glial cue for the formation of peripheral nodes of Ranvier. ..
- Barzilay E, Ben Califa N, Hirschberg K, Neumann D. Uncoupling of brefeldin a-mediated coatomer protein complex-I dissociation from Golgi redistribution. Traffic. 2005;6:794-802 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that monensin inhibits membrane fusion processes in the presence or absence of BFA. ..
- Ben David H, Aruna B, Seger R, Sela M, Mozes E. A 50-kDa ERK-like protein is up-regulated by a dual altered peptide ligand that suppresses myasthenia gravis-associated responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18232-7 pubmed..Finally, the activated ERK-50 was up-regulated in the dual-APL-induced CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory cells. Thus, ERK-50 is suggested to be a novel ERK isoform, being up-regulated in response to treatment with the dual APL. ..
- Carmeli E, Haimovitz T, Nemcovsky E. Cathepsin D and MMP-9 activity increase following a high intensity exercise in hind limb muscles of young rats. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;18:79-86 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that high-intensity running results in an elevation in the activity of lysosomal enzymes involved in matrix protein degradation. ..
- Pearl Yafe M, Stein J, Yolcu E, Farkas D, Shirwan H, Yaniv I, et al. Fas transduces dual apoptotic and trophic signals in hematopoietic progenitors. Stem Cells. 2007;25:3194-203 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Tsfadia O, Azrielli A, Falach L, Zada A, Roelofs W, Rafaeli A. Pheromone biosynthetic pathways: PBAN-regulated rate-limiting steps and differential expression of desaturase genes in moth species. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:552-67 pubmed publisher..These results provide irrefutable support to the hypothesis that PBAN affects the production of malonyl coenzyme A from acetate by the action of ACCase in the pheromone glands of these moths. ..
- Paperna I. Ultrastructural review of Choleoeimeria spp., a coccidium infecting the gall-bladder epithelium of reptiles. Parassitologia. 2007;49:247-56 pubmed..The oocyst wall forms from 4 wall-membranes consolidating over the zygote plasmalemma...
- Eyngor M, Tekoah Y, Shapira R, Hurvitz A, Zlotkin A, Lublin A, et al. Emergence of novel Streptococcus iniae exopolysaccharide-producing strains following vaccination with nonproducing strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:6892-7 pubmed publisher..Present findings indicate that the extracellular polysaccharide is a major antigenic factor, suggesting an evolutionary selection of strains capable of extracellular polysaccharide production. ..
- Mogilner J, Sukhotnik I, Brod V, Hayari L, Coran A, Shiloni E, et al. Effect of elevated intra-abdominal pressure on portal vein and superior mesenteric artery blood flow in a rat. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2009;19 Suppl 1:S59-62 pubmed publisher..This may be one of the explanations for the progression to earlier transplantation in infants undergoing a laparoscopic Kasai procedure. ..
- Gazit K, Moshonov S, Elfakess R, Sharon M, Mengus G, Davidson I, et al. TAF4/4b x TAF12 displays a unique mode of DNA binding and is required for core promoter function of a subset of genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26286-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that DNA binding by TAF4/4b-TAF12 facilitates the association of TFIID with the core promoter of a subset of genes. ..
- Gal R, Libersat F. A wasp manipulates neuronal activity in the sub-esophageal ganglion to decrease the drive for walking in its cockroach prey. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10019 pubmed publisher..By injecting a venom cocktail directly into the SEG, the parasitoid Jewel Wasp selectively manipulates the cockroach's motivation to initiate walking without interfering with other non-related behaviors. ..
- Chattah N, Kupczik K, Shahar R, Hublin J, Weiner S. Structure-function relations of primate lower incisors: a study of the deformation of Macaca mulatta dentition using electronic speckle pattern interferometry (ESPI). J Anat. 2011;218:87-95 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these results demonstrate the importance of enamel cap morphology in directing deformation behavior; an ability stemming from the stiffness of the enamel cap overlying the more pliable dentin. ..
- Miller M, Eilam D. Decision making at a crossroad: why to go straight ahead, retrace a path, or turn sideways?. Anim Cogn. 2011;14:11-20 pubmed publisher..The present tests in the grid maze illustrate how tangible entities (crossroads, paths) are integrated during the early phase of acquiring an abstract representation (map) of the maze. ..
- Elyakim E, Sitbon E, Faerman A, Tabak S, Montia E, Belanis L, et al. hsa-miR-191 is a candidate oncogene target for hepatocellular carcinoma therapy. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8077-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer a preclinical proof of concept for miR-191 targeting as a rational strategy to pursue for improving HCC treatment. ..
- Elhaik Goldman S, Kafka D, Yossef R, Hadad U, Elkabets M, Vallon Eberhard A, et al. The natural cytotoxicity receptor 1 contribution to early clearance of Streptococcus pneumoniae and to natural killer-macrophage cross talk. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23472 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results point to the essential contribution of NK-expressed NCR1 in early response to S. pneumoniae infection and to NCR1-mediated interaction of NK and S. pneumoniae infected-macrophages and -DC. ..