Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in India
Publications529 found, 100 shown here
- Negi V, Singhamahapatra S, Chakravortty D. Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium strain lacking pmrG-HM-D provides excellent protection against salmonellosis in murine typhoid model. Vaccine. 2007;25:5315-23 pubmed..This multiple mutant vaccine candidate appears to be safe for use in pregnant mice and provides a model for the development of live vaccine candidates against naturally occurring salmonellosis and typhoid fever. ..
- Chowdhury N, Laskar S, Chandra G. Mosquito larvicidal and antimicrobial activity of protein of Solanum villosum leaves. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2008;8:62 pubmed publisher..villosum exhibited moderate larvicidal and antimicrobial activities. The study provides considerable scope in exploiting local indigenous resources for isolation of antimicrobial and mosquito larvicidal proteins. ..
- Pandey A, Kour K, Bani S, Suri K, Satti N, Sharma P, et al. Amelioration of adjuvant induced arthritis by apocynin. Phytother Res. 2009;23:1462-8 pubmed publisher..These observations validate the immunoregulatory potential of apocynin. ..
- Vandana M, Sahoo S. Optimization of physicochemical parameters influencing the fabrication of protein-loaded chitosan nanoparticles. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2009;4:773-85 pubmed publisher..Finally, the in vitro release kinetics of BSA from nanoparticles of different molecular weights of chitosan, with and without sucrose, was evaluated and found to depend upon the molecular weight of chitosan. ..
- Bisen P, Baghel R, Sanodiya B, Thakur G, Prasad G. Lentinus edodes: a macrofungus with pharmacological activities. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:2419-30 pubmed..The aim of this review is to discuss the therapeutic applications of this macrofungus. The potential of this macrofungus is unquestionable in the most important areas of applied biotechnology. ..
- Gacche R, Dhole N. Aldose reductase inhibitory, anti-cataract and antioxidant potential of selected medicinal plants from the Marathwada region, India. Nat Prod Res. 2011;25:760-3 pubmed publisher..The plant samples were found to possess considerable amounts of vitamin C, total polyphenols and flavonoids. ..
- Vasantha P, Girish N, Leela K. Human intestinal capillariasis: a rare case report from non-endemic area (Andhra Pradesh, India). Indian J Med Microbiol. 2012;30:236-9 pubmed publisher..Microscopic examination of stool sample revealed the presence of ova, larvae, and adult worms of C. philippinensis. Patient recovered from the disease after taking albendazole 400 mg daily for 1 month along with supportive treatment...
- Govindarajan M, Sivakumar R, Rajeswary M, Yogalakshmi K. Chemical composition and larvicidal activity of essential oil from Ocimum basilicum (L.) against Culex tritaeniorhynchus, Aedes albopictus and Anopheles subpictus (Diptera: Culicidae). Exp Parasitol. 2013;134:7-11 pubmed publisher..75 ppm and an LC(90) values of 23.44, 21.17 and 18.56 ppm, respectively. The results could be useful in search for newer, safer, and more effective natural larvicidal agents against Cx. tritaeniorhynchus, Ae. albopictus and An. subpictus...
- Ghorpade D, Sinha A, Holla S, Singh V, Balaji K. NOD2-nitric oxide-responsive microRNA-146a activates Sonic hedgehog signaling to orchestrate inflammatory responses in murine model of inflammatory bowel disease. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:33037-48 pubmed publisher..Potential implications of these observations in therapeutics could increase the possibility of defining and developing better regimes to treat IBD pathophysiology. ..
- Maheshwari P, Baburao B, Pradeep Kumar C, Rama Narsimha Reddy A. Antidiabetic activity of methanolic extract of Hiptage bengalensis leaves in alloxan induced diabetic models. Pak J Biol Sci. 2013;16:844-51 pubmed..It also showed a beneficial effect on the lipid profile in alloxan induced diabetic rats. These results showed that methanolic extract of Hiptage bengalensis produced a dose dependant antihyperglycemic activity in rats...
- Gupta R, Misra C, Gupta V, Saxena S. An efficient method for production of purified inactivated Japanese encephalitis vaccine from mouse brains. Vaccine. 1991;9:865-7 pubmed..All the batches of purified JE vaccine made by improved technology passed all the quality control tests as specified by the Minimum Requirements for biological products of the Japanese Government and World Health Organization. ..
- Naqvi S, Hasan M. Dose-related accumulation of organophosphate phosphamidon in discrete regions of the CNS: correlation with its neurotoxicity. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1990;67:47-8 pubmed..This is in accordance with our previous study (Naqvi et al. 1988) revealing similar pattern in the effect of phosphamidon on the phospholipids in the brain. ..
- Sahu A, Lambris J. Structure and biology of complement protein C3, a connecting link between innate and acquired immunity. Immunol Rev. 2001;180:35-48 pubmed
- Sahoo B, Ghosh K, Dasgupta S. Investigating the binding of curcumin derivatives to bovine serum albumin. Biophys Chem. 2008;132:81-8 pubmed..79 and 4.27 nm respectively. Molecular docking of isoxazolcurcumin and diacetylcurcumin with bovine serum albumin indicated that they docked close to Trp 213, which is within the hydrophobic subdomain. ..
- Dass L, Sahay P. Haemodynamic responses following meperidine and promazine induced neuroleptanalgesia in calves. Zentralbl Veterinarmed A. 1992;39:38-42 pubmed..The values of all parameters measured, except heart rate, stroke volume, stroke index and total peripheral resistance, nearly returned to preinjection level by 120 minutes. ..
- Zutshi B, Murthy P. Ultrastructural changes in testis of gobiid fish Glossogobius giuris (Ham) induced by fenthion. Indian J Exp Biol. 2001;39:170-3 pubmed..The alteration in histology of testis, interstitial cell and sperms progressively increased with the increase in the sub-lethal concentration of pesticides. ..
- Verma S, Singh M, Jain P, Bordia A. Protective effect of ginger, Zingiber officinale Rosc on experimental atherosclerosis in rabbits. Indian J Exp Biol. 2004;42:736-8 pubmed..This distinct protection from the development of atherosclerosis by ginger is probably because of its free radical scavanging, prostaglandin inhibitory and fibri properties. ..
- Shirwaikar A, Rajendran K, Kumar C. In vitro antioxidant studies of Annona squamosa Linn. leaves. Indian J Exp Biol. 2004;42:803-7 pubmed..The findings justify the therapeutic applications of the plant in the indigenous system of medicine, augmenting its therapeutic value. ..
- Babu B, Rath K, Kerketta A, Swain B, Mishra S, Kar S. Adverse reactions following mass drug administration during the Programme to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis in Orissa State, India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2006;100:464-9 pubmed..The present study warrants developing an active adverse reaction surveillance system to minimise the impact of adverse reactions on MDA compliance. ..
- Jagadeesan G, Kavitha A, Subashini J. FT-IR Study of the influence of Tribulus terrestris on Mercury intoxicated mice, Mus musculus liver. Trop Biomed. 2005;22:15-22 pubmed..After the administration, the mercury-intoxicated animals slowly recovered from the adverse effect of mercury poisoning with the help of plant bio-formulations. The results are discussed in detail. ..
- Parihar V, Prabhakar K, Veerapur V, Kumar M, Reddy Y, Joshi R, et al. Effect of sesamol on radiation-induced cytotoxicity in Swiss albino mice. Mutat Res. 2006;611:9-16 pubmed..There was no protection at a dose less than 25mg/kg bw. ..
- Malik F, Singh J, Khajuria A, Suri K, Satti N, Singh S, et al. A standardized root extract of Withania somnifera and its major constituent withanolide-A elicit humoral and cell-mediated immune responses by up regulation of Th1-dominant polarization in BALB/c mice. Life Sci. 2007;80:1525-38 pubmed..The standardized root extract of no toxicological consequences might therefore, find useful applications against the intracellular pathogens and in the management of immune suppressed diseases...
- Jagetia G, Venkatesh P, Archana P, Krishnanand B, Baliga M. Effects of Aegle marmelos (L.) Correa on the peripheral blood and small intestine of mice exposed to gamma radiation. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2006;25:611-24 pubmed..The data clearly indicate that the AME significantly reduced the deleterious effect of radiation in the intestine and bone marrow of mouse and could be a useful agent in reducing the side effects of therapeutic radiation...
- Kumari S, Mayor S. ARF1 is directly involved in dynamin-independent endocytosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:30-41 pubmed..These findings provide a molecular basis for a crosstalk of endocytosis with secretion by the sharing of a key regulator of secretory traffic, ARF1. ..
- Kaviarasan S, Sundarapandiyan R, Anuradha C. Protective action of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) seed polyphenols against alcohol-induced protein and lipid damage in rat liver. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2008;24:391-400 pubmed publisher..The effects of FPEt were comparable with those of a positive control, silymarin. These findings show that FPEt ameliorates the pathological liver changes induced by chronic ethanol feeding...
- Sinha D, Banerjee B, Maharana S, Shivashankar G. Probing the dynamic organization of transcription compartments and gene loci within the nucleus of living cells. Biophys J. 2008;95:5432-8 pubmed publisher..This heterogeneous behavior in TC dynamics within living cells could provide an interesting paradigm to explore the spatiotemporal dimension to gene transcription control. ..
- Vasudevan M, Parle M. Antiamnesic potential of Murraya koenigii leaves. Phytother Res. 2009;23:308-16 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it would be worthwhile to investigate specifically the therapeutic potential of MKL in the management of Alzheimer patients...
- Vaidya V, Malik S, Bhilegaonkar K, Rathore R, Kaur S, Barbuddhe S. Prevalence of Q fever in domestic animals with reproductive disorders. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;33:307-21 pubmed publisher..47%) and ELISA (98.44%). The high excretion rate of pathogen particularly in milk observed in the study posses a potential public health threat from infected animals. ..
- Manu K, Kuttan G. Anti-metastatic potential of Punarnavine, an alkaloid from Boerhaavia diffusa Linn. Immunobiology. 2009;214:245-55 pubmed publisher..Punarnavine could inhibit MMP-2 and MMP-9 protein expression in gelatin zymographic analysis of B16F-10 cells. These results indicate Punarnavine could inhibit the metastatic progression of B16F-10 melanoma cells in mice. ..
- Sawarkar R, Visweswariah S, Nellen W, Nanjundiah V. Histone deacetylases regulate multicellular development in the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:833-48 pubmed publisher..We infer that HDAC activity is important for regulating the timing of gene expression during the development of D. discoideum and for defining aspects of the phenotype that mediate social behaviour in genetically heterogeneous groups. ..
- George J, Prasad S, Mahmood Z, Shukla Y. Studies on glyphosate-induced carcinogenicity in mouse skin: a proteomic approach. J Proteomics. 2010;73:951-64 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggested that glyphosate has tumor promoting potential in skin carcinogenesis and its mechanism seems to be similar to TPA. ..
- Dutta S, Basak A, Dasgupta S. Synthesis and ribonuclease A inhibition activity of resorcinol and phloroglucinol derivatives of catechin and epicatechin: Importance of hydroxyl groups. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:6538-46 pubmed publisher..The epicatechin based polyphenols 1 and 2 also showed inhibition of angiogenin-induced angiogenesis, as determined by chorioallantoic membrane (CAM) assay. ..
- Kundu R, Dasgupta S, Biswas A, Bhattacharya S, Pal B, Bhattacharya S, et al. Carlinoside reduces hepatic bilirubin accumulation by stimulating bilirubin-UGT activity through Nrf2 gene expression. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:1186-97 pubmed publisher..Total outcome of these events brought about a significant increase of bilirubin glucuronidation. Cln therefore could be a worthy choice to intervene hyperbilirubinemia due to liver dysfunction. ..
- Sen M, Shah B, Rakshit S, Singh V, Padmanabhan B, Ponnusamy M, et al. UDP-glucose 4, 6-dehydratase activity plays an important role in maintaining cell wall integrity and virulence of Candida albicans. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002384 pubmed publisher..Since inactivating the enzyme encoded by GAL102 makes the cells sensitive to antifungal drugs and reduces its virulence, it can serve as a potential drug target in combination therapies for C. albicans and related pathogens. ..
- Madhusudana K, Shireesha B, Naidu V, Ramakrishna S, Narsaiah B, Rao A, et al. Anti-inflammatory potential of thienopyridines as possible alternative to NSAIDs. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;678:48-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the new thienopyridine analogs were promising for the potential use as anti-inflammatory agents for both acute and chronic inflammatory disorders with low toxic effects...
- Pillai A, Anilkumar S, Chattarji S. The same antidepressant elicits contrasting patterns of synaptic changes in the amygdala vs hippocampus. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:2702-11 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for antidepressant action on amygdalar neurons that are not only distinct from the hippocampus, but also protect against the debilitating impact of stress on amygdalar structure and function. ..
- Choudhary M, Kumar V, Singh S. Gastric antisecretory and cytoprotective effects of hydroalcoholic extracts of Plumeria alba Linn. leaves in rats. J Integr Med. 2014;12:42-51 pubmed publisher..displays antiulcer activity, as demonstrated by the significant inhibition of ulcer formation induced by different models, which is consistent with the literature report in folk medicine. ..
- Dutta P, Das S, Maiti S. Non diaphanous formin delphilin acts as a barbed end capping protein. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:163-169 pubmed publisher..In vitro, Delphilin stabilized actin filaments by inhibiting actin filament depolymerisation. Therefore, our study demonstrates Delphilin as an actin-filament capping protein. ..
- Seth S, Shaila M. The fusion protein of Peste des petits ruminants virus mediates biological fusion in the absence of hemagglutinin-neuraminidase protein. Virology. 2001;289:86-94 pubmed
- Wani N, Maurya S, Misra A, Saxena V, Lakhchaura B. Effect of cryoprotectants and their concentration on in vitro development of vitrified-warmed immature oocytes in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). Theriogenology. 2004;61:831-42 pubmed..In conclusion, this report describes the first successful production of buffalo blastocysts from immature oocytes cryopreserved by vitrification...
- Babu B, Nayak A, Dhal K. Epidemiology of episodic adenolymphangitis: a longitudinal prospective surveillance among a rural community endemic for bancroftian filariasis in coastal Orissa, India. BMC Public Health. 2005;5:50 pubmed..The epidemiological knowledge on acute condition of lymphatic filariasis is essential to understand the burden and issues on management of the disease...
- Padhi R, Unnikrishnan N, Wang X, Balakrishnan S. A single network adaptive critic (SNAC) architecture for optimal control synthesis for a class of nonlinear systems. Neural Netw. 2006;19:1648-60 pubmed..One of these problems is a real-life Micro-Electro-Mechanical-system (MEMS) problem, which demonstrates that the SNAC technique is applicable to complex engineering systems. ..
- Gaur R, Bjork G, Tuck S, Varshney U. Diet-dependent depletion of queuosine in tRNAs in Caenorhabditis elegans does not lead to a developmental block. J Biosci. 2007;32:747-54 pubmed..The inherent advantages of C.elegans as a model organism, and the simplicity of conferring a Q-deficient phenotype on it make it an ideal system to investigate the function of Q modification in tRNA. ..
- Vijayan V. Tropical pulmonary eosinophilia: pathogenesis, diagnosis and management. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2007;13:428-33 pubmed..A chronic mild interstitial lung disease has been found to persist in tropical pulmonary eosinophilia despite treatment. ..
- Ram A, Singh S, Singh V, Kumar S, Ghosh B. Inhaled carbenoxolone prevents allergic airway inflammation and airway hyperreactivity in a mouse model of asthma. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;149:38-46 pubmed publisher..00061) in sera. 5-LO expression was also markedly reduced. However, corticosterone levels were not affected. Inhaled CBX alleviates the asthmatic features in mice and could be a potent nebulized therapy in clinical asthma. ..
- Vyas S, Vaidya B. Targeted delivery of thrombolytic agents: role of integrin receptors. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2009;6:499-508 pubmed..This review describes the role of integrin receptors in the pathophysiology of thrombosis and its use in the targeted delivery of thrombolytic agents. ..
- Khan S, Malik F, Suri K, Singh J. Molecular insight into the immune up-regulatory properties of the leaf extract of Ashwagandha and identification of Th1 immunostimulatory chemical entity. Vaccine. 2009;27:6080-7 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the possible usefulness of WSL and its major constituent WSL-2 as Th1 immune adjuvants for chronic infectious ailments where patients suffer from weakened Th1 immunity. ..
- Madhusudana S, Sundaramoorthy S, Ullas P. Utility of human embryonic kidney cell line HEK-293 for rapid isolation of fixed and street rabies viruses: comparison with Neuro-2a and BHK-21 cell lines. Int J Infect Dis. 2010;14:e1067-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the HEK-293 cell line is as sensitive as the Neuro-2a cell line for the rapid isolation of rabies virus and may serve as an alternative cell line for rabies diagnosis and future research. ..
- Khan R, Adil M, Danishuddin M, Verma P, Khan A. In vitro and in vivo inhibition of Streptococcus mutans biofilm by Trachyspermum ammi seeds: an approach of alternative medicine. Phytomedicine. 2012;19:747-55 pubmed publisher..mutans. Furthermore, the data suggest the putative cariostatic properties of T. Ammi and hence can be used as an alternative medicine to prevent caries infection. ..
- Gupta S, Kesarla R, Chotai N, Misra A, Omri A. Systematic Approach for the Formulation and Optimization of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles of Efavirenz by High Pressure Homogenization Using Design of Experiments for Brain Targeting and Enhanced Bioavailability. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5984014 pubmed publisher
- Borisa A, Bhatt H. A comprehensive review on Aurora kinase: Small molecule inhibitors and clinical trial studies. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;140:1-19 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we also discuss future perspectives for development of novel inhibitors and their scope in drug development process. ..
- Ray P, Maiti B. Gonadotropins and sex hormones modulate interrenal function in soft-shelled turtle. Folia Biol (Krakow). 2002;50:115-20 pubmed..The combined treatments of estrogen and progesterone (100 microg each/100 g body wt daily for 10 days) caused interrenal stimulation but to a lesser extent than that of estrogen alone. The findings are briefly discussed...
- Shah G, Parmar N. Antiasthmatic property of polyherbal preparation E-721 B. Phytother Res. 2003;17:1092-7 pubmed..Contrary to these findings E-721B produced dose-dependent contraction of the rat anococcygeus muscle which was blocked by prazosin. Thus our observations establish the antiasthmatic potential of this herbal formulation. ..
- Venkatramana M, Ray P, Chadda A, Das S. A 25 kDa cleavage product of polypyrimidine tract binding protein (PTB) present in mouse tissues prevents PTB binding to the 5' untranslated region and inhibits translation of hepatitis A virus RNA. Virus Res. 2003;98:141-9 pubmed..The presence of the 25kDa cleavage product of PTB may therefore play a role in the inhibition of HAV IRES-mediated translation in mouse tissues. ..
- Namgail T, Fox J, Bhatnagar Y. Carnivore-caused livestock mortality in Trans-Himalaya. Environ Manage. 2007;39:490-6 pubmed..Conservation actions should initially attempt to target decrease of predation on these large and valuable livestock species...
- Chiang A, Priya R, Ramaswami M, Vijayraghavan K, Rodrigues V. Neuronal activity and Wnt signaling act through Gsk3-beta to regulate axonal integrity in mature Drosophila olfactory sensory neurons. Development. 2009;136:1273-82 pubmed publisher..Together, we provide evidence that Gsk-3beta is a key sensor involved in neural circuit integrity, maintaining axon stability through neural activity and the Wnt pathway. ..
- Sengupta M, Sharma G, Chakraborty B. Effect of aqueous extract of Tinospora cordifolia on functions of peritoneal macrophages isolated from CCl4 intoxicated male albino mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011;11:102 pubmed publisher..The present study focuses on the immunostimulant properties of Tinospora cordifolia extract that are exerted on circulating macrophages isolated from CCl(4) (0.5 ml/kg body weight) intoxicated male albino mice...
- Nayak S, Dey T, Naskar D, Kundu S. The promotion of osseointegration of titanium surfaces by coating with silk protein sericin. Biomaterials. 2013;34:2855-64 pubmed publisher..The findings demonstrate that the sericin immobilized titanium surfaces are potentially useful bioactive coated materials for titanium-based medical implants. ..
- Subramani P, Panati K, Narala V. Curcumin Nanotechnologies and Its Anticancer Activity. Nutr Cancer. 2017;69:381-393 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, we have intricate thermoresponsive nanoparticles that can release curcumin upon stimulation (analogous to a remote control). Future research required for developing potent curcumin nanoparticles is also discussed. ..
- Alim A. Studies of the ultimobranchial gland of a teleost, Esomus danrica (Ham.). Folia Morphol (Praha). 1990;38:83-5 pubmed..However, the sexual dimorphism of the ultimobranchial gland suggests that it also plays a role in reproduction, particularly in ovarian maturation. ..
- Aravindan G, Moudgal N. Susceptibility of sperm chromatin to acid denaturation in situ: a study in endogenous FSH-deprived adult male bonnet monkeys (Macaca radiata). Arch Androl. 1998;40:29-41 pubmed
- Devi B, Boominathan R, Mandal S. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties of Clitoria ternatea root. Fitoterapia. 2003;74:345-9 pubmed..Moreover, the extract exhibited a significant inhibition in yeast-induced pyrexia in rats. In the acetic acid-induced writhing response, the extract markedly reduced the number of writhings at doses of 200 and 400 mg/kg (p.o.) in mice...
- Rajeshkumar N, Pillai M, Kuttan R. Induction of apoptosis in mouse and human carcinoma cell lines by Emblica officinalis polyphenols and its effect on chemical carcinogenesis. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2003;22:201-12 pubmed..EOP also inhibited DNA topoisomerase I in Saccharomyces cervisiae mutant cell cultures and the activity of cdc25 tyrosine phosphatase...
- Veeraraghavalu K, Pett M, Kumar R, Nair P, Rangarajan A, Stanley M, et al. Papillomavirus-mediated neoplastic progression is associated with reciprocal changes in JAGGED1 and manic fringe expression linked to notch activation. J Virol. 2004;78:8687-700 pubmed..We suggest that activation of Notch in cervical neoplasia is Jagged1 dependent and that its susceptibility to the influence of Manic Fringe is of therapeutic value. ..
- Patel M, De Souza N, Gupte S, Jafri M, Bhagwat S, Chugh Y, et al. Antistaphylococcal activity of WCK 771, a tricyclic fluoroquinolone, in animal infection models. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:4754-61 pubmed..These studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of WCK 771, administered orally and parenterally, for the treatment of diverse staphylococcal infections in mice, including those caused by quinolone-resistant strains. ..
- Suke S, Ahmed R, Tripathi A, Chakraborti A, Banerjee B. Immunotoxicity of phosphamidon following subchronic exposure in albino rats. Indian J Exp Biol. 2006;44:316-20 pubmed..Hence, suppression of immune responses by phosphamidon even at subchronic doses is clearly an important aspect for its safety evaluation. ..
- Abdul Rahuman A, Gopalakrishnan G, Venkatesan P, Geetha K. Isolation and identification of mosquito larvicidal compound from Abutilon indicum (Linn.) Sweet. Parasitol Res. 2008;102:981-8 pubmed publisher..Results of this study show that the petroleum ether extract of A. indicum may be considered as a potent source and beta-sitosterol as a new natural mosquito larvicidal agent. ..
- Vasudev D, Kumar A, Sinha A. Resource distribution and group size in the common langur Semnopithecus entellus in southern India. Am J Primatol. 2008;70:680-9 pubmed publisher..The group attributes and their relationship with food resource abundance and distribution differed between two sites in the study area possibly owing to langur subspecies differences. ..
- Lahiri A, Das P, Chakravortty D. The LysR-type transcriptional regulator Hrg counteracts phagocyte oxidative burst and imparts survival advantage to Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium. Microbiology. 2008;154:2837-46 pubmed publisher..Microarray analysis suggested the presence of an Hrg regulon, which is required for resistance to the toxic oxidative products of the reticuloendothelial system. ..
- Seenivasagan T, Sharma K, Sekhar K, Ganesan K, Prakash S, Vijayaraghavan R. Electroantennogram, flight orientation, and oviposition responses of Aedes aegypti to the oviposition pheromone n-heneicosane. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:827-33 pubmed publisher..The possible use of this compound in monitoring of mosquito population in endemic areas in relevance to integrated vector management strategies is discussed in detail. ..
- Chaudhary S, Pandey K, Singh R, Verma P, Gupta P. A vero cell derived combined vaccine against sheep pox and Peste des Petits ruminants for sheep. Vaccine. 2009;27:2548-53 pubmed publisher..This indicates that component vaccines did not interfere each other and can be used in target population for economic vaccination strategies...
- Asdaq S, Inamdar M. The potential for interaction of hydrochlorothiazide with garlic in rats. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;181:472-9 pubmed publisher..This could be important in reducing the dose of HCTZ to achieve enhanced therapeutic effect with minimal adverse effect. ..
- Chauhan P, Satti N, Suri K, Amina M, Bani S. Stimulatory effects of Cuminum cyminum and flavonoid glycoside on Cyclosporine-A and restraint stress induced immune-suppression in Swiss albino mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;185:66-72 pubmed publisher..Based on the data we may conclude that C. cyminum is a potent immunomodulator and may develop as a lead to recover the immunity of immuno-compromised individuals. ..
- Hussain A, Lahiri D, Ameerunisha Begum M, Saha S, Majumdar R, Dighe R, et al. Photocytotoxic lanthanum(III) and gadolinium(III) complexes of phenanthroline bases showing light-induced DNA cleavage activity. Inorg Chem. 2010;49:4036-45 pubmed publisher..6 microM in dark with 24 h incubation). A significant decrease in the dark toxicity of the dppz base is observed on binding to the lanthanide ions while retaining similar phototoxicity...
- Khandelwal A, Renukaradhya G, Rajasekhar M, Sita G, Shaila M. Immune responses to hemagglutinin-neuraminidase protein of peste des petits ruminants virus expressed in transgenic peanut plants in sheep. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2011;140:291-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, anti-PPRV-HN specific cell-mediated immune responses were also detected in mucosally immunized sheep...
- Soni V, Yadav D, Bano N, Dixit P, Pathak M, Maurya R, et al. N-Methyl-6, 7-dimethoxyisoquinolone in Annona squamosa twigs is the major immune modifier to elicit polarized Th1 immune response in BALB/c mice. Fitoterapia. 2012;83:110-6 pubmed publisher..The analogs of the compound may further be chemically synthesized to achieve desired immune modifying activity. ..
- Joseph J, Nagashri K. Novel copper-based therapeutic agent for anti-inflammatory: synthesis, characterization, and biochemical activities of copper(II) complexes of hydroxyflavone Schiff bases. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;167:1446-58 pubmed publisher..Superoxide dismutase and anti-inflammatory activities of the copper complexes have also been measured and discussed. ..
- Kumar A, Lohan P, Aneja D, Gupta G, Kaushik D, Prakash O. Design, synthesis, computational and biological evaluation of some new hydrazino derivatives of DHA and pyranopyrazoles. Eur J Med Chem. 2012;50:81-9 pubmed publisher..Out of all the compounds, compounds 4h, 4j, 6e, 6g exhibited good anti-inflammatory activity, whereas compounds 4b, 4c, 4h, 4i, 4j, 6b, 6e, 6g showed excellent analgesic activity compared with standard drug Diclofenac sodium. ..
- Kundu B, Saha P, Datta K, Kundu S. A silk fibroin based hepatocarcinoma model and the assessment of the drug response in hyaluronan-binding protein 1 overexpressed HepG2 cells. Biomaterials. 2013;34:9462-74 pubmed publisher..The in vitro 3D multicellular model demonstrates the insight of hepatocarcinoma progression and offers the predictability of cellular response to transfection efficacy, drug treatment and therapeutic intervention. ..
- Prasad S, Bharath M, Muralidhara -. Neurorestorative effects of eugenol, a spice bioactive: Evidence in cell model and its efficacy as an intervention molecule to abrogate brain oxidative dysfunctions in the streptozotocin diabetic rat. Neurochem Int. 2016;95:24-36 pubmed publisher..Collectively, based on the data obtained in in vitro and in vivo models, we hypothesize that EU may be employed as an adjuvant therapeutic molecule to alleviate complications under diabetic conditions. ..