Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Germany
Publications2741 found, 100 shown here
- Eisenreich W, Höfner G, Bracher F. Alkaloids from Croton flavens L. and their affinities to GABA-receptors. Nat Prod Res. 2003;17:437-40 pubmed..In a screening for 3H-GABA displacing activity coreximine showed the highest affinity to the GABA(A) receptor...
- Schmaus S, Wolf H, Schwarzmann F. The reading frame BPLF1 of Epstein-Barr virus: a homologue of herpes simplex virus protein VP16. Virus Genes. 2004;29:267-77 pubmed..Thus, experimental data and computer analysis strongly support the hypothesis of BPLF1 being a tegument protein of the EBV homologous to VP16 of HSV1 and ORF22 of Varicella zoster virus. ..
- Gromada J, Ma X, Høy M, Bokvist K, Salehi A, Berggren P, et al. ATP-sensitive K+ channel-dependent regulation of glucagon release and electrical activity by glucose in wild-type and SUR1-/- mouse alpha-cells. Diabetes. 2004;53 Suppl 3:S181-9 pubmed
- Egea J, Nissen U, Dufour A, Sahin M, Greer P, Kullander K, et al. Regulation of EphA 4 kinase activity is required for a subset of axon guidance decisions suggesting a key role for receptor clustering in Eph function. Neuron. 2005;47:515-28 pubmed..These results suggest that signaling of Eph RTKs follows a multistep process of induced kinase activity and higher-order clustering different from RTKs responding to soluble ligands. ..
- Bauer E, Williams B, Smidt H, Verstegen M, Mosenthin R. Influence of the gastrointestinal microbiota on development of the immune system in young animals. Curr Issues Intest Microbiol. 2006;7:35-51 pubmed..Regulation of the composition of the GIT microbiota, e.g. by the use of pre- and probiotics, offers the possibility to influence the development of mucosal, and also systemic immunity. ..
- Puhl G, Olschewski P, Schöning W, Hunold G, Liesaus H, Winkler R, et al. Low viscosity histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate graft flush improves subsequent extended cold storage in University of Wisconsin solution in an extracorporeal rat liver perfusion and rat liver transplantation model. Liver Transpl. 2006;12:1841-9 pubmed..Choosing low-viscosity HTK solution for the initial organ flush may represent a feasible improvement in liver preservation, which also further reduces the required amount of UW solution. ..
- Santos S, Verveer P, Bastiaens P. Growth factor-induced MAPK network topology shapes Erk response determining PC-12 cell fate. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:324-30 pubmed..These results show that growth factor context determines the topology of the MAPK signalling network and that the resulting dynamics govern cell fate. ..
- Bechmann L, Best J, Haag S, Leineweber K, Gerken G, Holtmann G. Serotoninergic and non-serotoninergic effects of two tricyclic antidepressants on visceral nociception in a rat model. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:680-6 pubmed publisher..The non-serotoninergic properties of TCAs substantially contribute to the differences in the antinococeptive effects of various TCAs. ..
- Wimmers K, Murani E, Schellander K, Ponsuksili S. QTL for traits related to humoral immune response estimated from data of a porcine F2 resource population. Int J Immunogenet. 2009;36:141-51 pubmed publisher..Discovery of such QTL facilitates the identification of candidate genes for disease resistance and immune competence that are applicable in selective breeding and further research towards improving therapeutic and prophylactic measures...
- Hoyer D, Grönke S, Frank K, Addicks K, Wettschureck N, Offermanns S, et al. Diabetes-related defects in sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release are prevented by inactivation of G(alpha)11 and G(alpha)q in murine cardiomyocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;341:235-44 pubmed publisher..6, annexin A7, and sorcin. ..
- Mauch C, Zamek J, Abety A, Grimberg G, Fox J, Zigrino P. Accelerated wound repair in ADAM-9 knockout animals. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:2120-30 pubmed publisher..These results show the previously unreported role of ADAM-9 in wound repair by regulating keratinocyte migration through modulation of collagen XVII shedding...
- Munoz L, Lauber K, Schiller M, Manfredi A, Herrmann M. The role of defective clearance of apoptotic cells in systemic autoimmunity. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2010;6:280-9 pubmed publisher..The immune complex could be considered a binary pyrogen formed from less proinflammatory components. The accessibility of cognate autoantigens, in turn, is likely to be related to impaired or delayed clearance of apoptotic cells. ..
- Wolf G, Aumann N, Michalska M, Bast A, Sonnemann J, Beck J, et al. Peroxiredoxin III protects pancreatic ß cells from apoptosis. J Endocrinol. 2010;207:163-75 pubmed publisher..We suggest PRX III may be a suitable target for promoting deceleration or even prevention of stress-associated apoptosis in pancreatic ? cells and the manifestation of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. ..
- Pätschke A, Bicker G. Development of histamine-immunoreactivity in the Central nervous system of the two locust species Schistocerca gregaria and Locusta migratoria. Microsc Res Tech. 2011;74:946-56 pubmed publisher..The histaminergic innervation of the neuropile develops from the central branches toward the periphery of the ganglia and is completed right before hatching. ..
- Leidel F, Eiden M, Geissen M, Kretzschmar H, Giese A, Hirschberger T, et al. Diphenylpyrazole-derived compounds increase survival time of mice after prion infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:4774-81 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the novel class of DPP compounds should comprise excellent candidates for future therapeutic studies. ..
- Hoffmann B, Scheuch M, Höper D, Jungblut R, Holsteg M, Schirrmeier H, et al. Novel orthobunyavirus in Cattle, Europe, 2011. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:469-72 pubmed publisher..Metagenomic analysis identified a novel orthobunyavirus, which subsequently was isolated from blood of affected animals. Surveillance was initiated to test malformed newborn animals in the affected region. ..
- Römer A, Wieler L, Schierack P. Analyses of intestinal commensal Escherichia coli strains from wild boars suggest adaptation to conventional pig production conditions. Vet Microbiol. 2012;161:122-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings point towards an adaptation of porcine intestinal E. coli to a specific intestinal milieu caused by different animal living conditions...
- Frank S, Zhang M, Scholer H, Greber B. Small molecule-assisted, line-independent maintenance of human pluripotent stem cells in defined conditions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41958 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that using supportive factors at minimal concentrations may still promote robust self-renewal and preserve pluripotency of hPSCs. ..
- Koers Wunrau C, Wehmeyer C, Hillmann A, Pap T, Dankbar B. Cell surface-bound TIMP3 induces apoptosis in mesenchymal Cal78 cells through ligand-independent activation of death receptor signaling and blockade of survival pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70709 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that exclusively cell surface-bound endogenous TIMP3 induces apoptosis in mesenchymal Cal78 cells through ligand-independent activation of death receptor signaling and blockade of survival signaling pathways. ..
- Nielsen S, Spener F. Fatty acid-binding protein from rat heart is phosphorylated on Tyr19 in response to insulin stimulation. J Lipid Res. 1993;34:1355-66 pubmed..A hypothesis is discussed in which phosphorylated FABP serves as a signalling molecule in the insulin signal transduction cascade. ..
- Rump R, Buhlmann C, Borchers T, Spener F. Differentiation-dependent expression of heart type fatty acid-binding protein in C2C12 muscle cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 1996;69:135-42 pubmed..The increasing H-FABP content may relate to an increasing fatty acid oxidation that has been reported for differentiated L6 cells, a related muscle cell line from rat. Such a correlation would favor a role of H-FABP in lipid metabolism. ..
- Schumann J, Angermuller S, Bang R, Lohoff M, Tiegs G. Acute hepatotoxicity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin A in mice depends on T cells and TNF. J Immunol. 1998;161:5745-54 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PEA induces liver damage not only by protein synthesis inhibition but also by TNF- and perforin-dependent, Fas-independent, apoptotic signals. ..
- Weber I, Gerisch G, Heizer C, Murphy J, Badelt K, Stock A, et al. Cytokinesis mediated through the recruitment of cortexillins into the cleavage furrow. EMBO J. 1999;18:586-94 pubmed..Cortexillins are suggested to have a targeting signal for coupling to a myosin II-independent system that directs transport of membrane proteins to the cleavage furrow. ..
- Cichon G, Schmidt H, Benhidjeb T, Loser P, Ziemer S, Haas R, et al. Intravenous administration of recombinant adenoviruses causes thrombocytopenia, anemia and erythroblastosis in rabbits. J Gene Med. 1999;1:360-71 pubmed..The hematological changes observed in rabbits suggest the need for careful monitoring of hematological and rheological parameters in clinical trials. ..
- Preiss A, Johannes B, Nagel A, Maier D, Peters N, Wajant H. Dynamic expression of Drosophila TRAF1 during embryogenesis and larval development. Mech Dev. 2001;100:109-13 pubmed..In order to gain insight into possible roles of DTRAF1 during development, we have performed a detailed transcriptional analysis of the gene at various embryonic and larval stages. ..
- Geyer S, Matelli M, Luppino G, Zilles K. Functional neuroanatomy of the primate isocortical motor system. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2000;202:443-74 pubmed..More rostral cortical regions are active when a motor task is nonroutine, whereas more routine motor actions engage more caudal areas. ..
- Wendl T, Lun K, Mione M, Favor J, Brand M, Wilson S, et al. Pax2.1 is required for the development of thyroid follicles in zebrafish. Development. 2002;129:3751-60 pubmed..Thus, in zebrafish, some remaining thyroid hormone synthesis takes place independent of the pathway leading to thyroid follicle formation. We suggest that the noi(-/-) mutant serves as a new zebrafish model for hypothyroidism. ..
- Kaufmann T, Schlipf S, Sanz J, Neubert K, Stein R, Borner C. Characterization of the signal that directs Bcl-x(L), but not Bcl-2, to the mitochondrial outer membrane. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:53-64 pubmed..These data define a new targeting sequence for the MOM and propose that Bcl-2 acts on several intracellular membranes whereas Bcl-x(L) specifically functions on the MOM. ..
- Prawitt D, Monteilh Zoller M, Brixel L, Spangenberg C, Zabel B, Fleig A, et al. TRPM5 is a transient Ca2+-activated cation channel responding to rapid changes in [Ca2+]i. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15166-71 pubmed..TRPM5 can be activated physiologically by inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate-producing receptor agonists, and it may therefore couple intracellular Ca2+ release to electrical activity and subsequent cellular responses. ..
- Holzwarth A, Müller M, Niklas J, Lubitz W. Ultrafast transient absorption studies on photosystem I reaction centers from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. 2: mutations near the P700 reaction center chlorophylls provide new insight into the nature of the primary electron donor. Biophys J. 2006;90:552-65 pubmed..and A. R. Holzwarth. 2000. J. Phys. Chem. B. 104:11563-11578). ..
- Mettler U, Vogler G, Urban J. Timing of identity: spatiotemporal regulation of hunchback in neuroblast lineages of Drosophila by Seven-up and Prospero. Development. 2006;133:429-37 pubmed..Strikingly, although the complete downregulation of hb is mitosis dependent, the lineage-specific timing of svp upregulation is not. ..
- Pottgiesser C, Ovelhey A, Ziller M, Kramer M, Selhorst T, Conraths F. Potential risk factors associated with bovine spongiform encephalopathy in cattle from Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2006;53:306-11 pubmed..The results obtained using the indirect standardization analysis were validated by multiple logistic regression. This study indicates that the feedborne path has been the principal route of transmission for the BSE agent in SH. ..
- Puller C, Haverkamp S, Grünert U. OFF midget bipolar cells in the retina of the marmoset, Callithrix jacchus, express AMPA receptors. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:442-54 pubmed..The presence of GluR5 clusters at S-cone pedicles indicates that in primate retinas OFF bipolar cells expressing kainate receptor subunits receive some S-cone input. ..
- Neu D, Lehmann T, Elleuche S, Pollmann S. Arabidopsis amidase 1, a member of the amidase signature family. FEBS J. 2007;274:3440-51 pubmed..These experiments revealed that a specific serine residue, Ser137, is essential for AMI1 enzymatic activity. We also report structural and functional differences of AMI1 from other amidase signature enzymes. ..
- Löer B, Bauer R, Bornheim R, Grell J, Kremmer E, Kolanus W, et al. The NHL-domain protein Wech is crucial for the integrin-cytoskeleton link. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:422-8 pubmed publisher..The single murine Wech orthologue is also colocalized with Talin and ILK in muscle tissue. We propose that Wech proteins are crucial and evolutionarily conserved regulators of the integrin-cytoskeleton link. ..
- Birkenfeld J, Nalbant P, Yoon S, Bokoch G. Cellular functions of GEF-H1, a microtubule-regulated Rho-GEF: is altered GEF-H1 activity a crucial determinant of disease pathogenesis?. Trends Cell Biol. 2008;18:210-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that GEF-H1 could be a novel therapeutic target in multiple human diseases. ..
- Kehrenberg C, Cuny C, Strommenger B, Schwarz S, Witte W. Methicillin-resistant and -susceptible Staphylococcus aureus strains of clonal lineages ST398 and ST9 from swine carry the multidrug resistance gene cfr. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:779-81 pubmed publisher..The phenicol/lincosamide/oxazolidinone/pleuromutilin/streptogramin A multidrug resistance gene cfr was detected in isolates of both clonal lineages, rendering a spread to humans with exposure to swine farming possible...
- Sinis N, Horn F, Genchev B, Skouras E, Merkel D, Angelova S, et al. Electrical stimulation of paralyzed vibrissal muscles reduces endplate reinnervation and does not promote motor recovery after facial nerve repair in rats. Ann Anat. 2009;191:356-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ES is not beneficial for recovery of whisker function after facial nerve repair in rats. ..
- Schnöckel U, Hermann S, Stegger L, Law M, Kuhlmann M, Schober O, et al. Small-animal PET: a promising, non-invasive tool in pre-clinical research. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;74:50-4 pubmed publisher..Small-animal PET can be applied to enable the transfer from molecular findings in vitro to in vivo applications in humans, from bench to bed side. ..
- Schnitzer J, Berzel S, Fajardo Moser M, Remer K, Moll H. Fragments of antigen-loaded dendritic cells (DC) and DC-derived exosomes induce protective immunity against Leishmania major. Vaccine. 2010;28:5785-93 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that the development of a cell-free vaccine for immunoprophylaxis against leishmaniasis and other infectious diseases is feasible. ..
- Göbel K, Pankratz S, Schneider Hohendorf T, Bittner S, Schuhmann M, Langer H, et al. Blockade of the kinin receptor B1 protects from autoimmune CNS disease by reducing leukocyte trafficking. J Autoimmun. 2011;36:106-14 pubmed publisher..In contrast, blocking B2R had no significant impact on EAE. We conclude that B1R inhibition can reduce BBB damage and cell invasion during autoimmune CNS disease and may offer a novel anti-inflammatory strategy for the treatment of MS. ..
- Hu J, Popp R, Frömel T, Ehling M, Awwad K, Adams R, et al. Müller glia cells regulate Notch signaling and retinal angiogenesis via the generation of 19,20-dihydroxydocosapentaenoic acid. J Exp Med. 2014;211:281-95 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that retinal angiogenesis is regulated by a novel form of neuroretina-vascular interaction involving the sEH-dependent generation of a diol of DHA in Müller cells. ..
- Wai T, Langer T. Mitochondrial Dynamics and Metabolic Regulation. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2016;27:105-117 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the ways in which metabolic alterations convey changes in mitochondrial morphology and how disruption of mitochondrial morphology impacts cellular and organismal metabolism. ..
- Wittekind D. Traditional staining for routine diagnostic pathology including the role of tannic acid. 1. Value and limitations of the hematoxylin-eosin stain. Biotech Histochem. 2003;78:261-70 pubmed..Finally, deficiencies of H & E staining are discussed, and a program to develop an improved oversight stain is introduced. ..
- Burfeind P, Belgardt B, Szpirer C, Hoyer Fender S. Structure and chromosomal assignment of a gene encoding the major protein of rat sperm outer dense fibres. Eur J Biochem. 1993;216:497-505 pubmed..By immunoblotting and immunocytochemistry, it was demonstrated that the isolated gene encodes a major protein of rat sperm outer dense fibres. ..
- Rafael J, Herling A. Leptin effect in ob/ob mice under thermoneutral conditions depends not necessarily on central satiation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R790-5 pubmed..Leptin effects observed in ob/ob mice under thermoneutral conditions may modify the traditional view of the functionality of the hormone...
- Brehm A, Langst G, Kehle J, Clapier C, Imhof A, Eberharter A, et al. dMi-2 and ISWI chromatin remodelling factors have distinct nucleosome binding and mobilization properties. EMBO J. 2000;19:4332-41 pubmed..Its functional properties distinguish dMi-2 from both SWI2/SNF2 and ISWI, defining a new family of ATP-dependent remodelling machines. ..
- Weber B, Schrewe H, Molday L, Gehrig A, White K, Seeliger M, et al. Inactivation of the murine X-linked juvenile retinoschisis gene, Rs1h, suggests a role of retinoschisin in retinal cell layer organization and synaptic structure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6222-7 pubmed
- Frank M, Kemler R. Protocadherins. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2002;14:557-62 pubmed..In the postnatal brain, protocadherins are possibly involved in the modulation of synaptic transmission and the generation of specific synaptic connections. ..
- Mönkemann H, De Vriese A, Blom H, Kluijtmans L, Heil S, Schild H, et al. Early molecular events in the development of the diabetic cardiomyopathy. Amino Acids. 2002;23:331-6 pubmed..This pathway includes de novomethylation of the P53-inducible p21(WAF1/CIP1)-gene encoding a protein which binds to and inhibits a broad range of cyclin-cyclin-dependent kinase complexes. ..
- Rossoll W, Jablonka S, Andreassi C, Kröning A, Karle K, Monani U, et al. Smn, the spinal muscular atrophy-determining gene product, modulates axon growth and localization of beta-actin mRNA in growth cones of motoneurons. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:801-12 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that a complex of Smn with its binding partner hnRNP R interacts with beta-actin mRNA and translocates to axons and growth cones of motoneurons. ..
- Mi W, Beirowski B, Gillingwater T, Adalbert R, Wagner D, Grumme D, et al. The slow Wallerian degeneration gene, WldS, inhibits axonal spheroid pathology in gracile axonal dystrophy mice. Brain. 2005;128:405-16 pubmed..We conclude that axon degeneration mechanisms are more closely related than previously thought and that a link exists in gad between spheroid pathology and Wallerian degeneration that could hold for other disorders...
- Bragonzi A, Worlitzsch D, Pier G, Timpert P, Ulrich M, Hentzer M, et al. Nonmucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa expresses alginate in the lungs of patients with cystic fibrosis and in a mouse model. J Infect Dis. 2005;192:410-9 pubmed..aeruginosa. This trait may contribute to early persistence, leading to chronic P. aeruginosa infection once stable mucoid strains are generated. ..
- Lenart P, Bacher C, Daigle N, Hand A, Eils R, Terasaki M, et al. A contractile nuclear actin network drives chromosome congression in oocytes. Nature. 2005;436:812-8 pubmed..We show that this mechanism is essential for preventing chromosome loss and aneuploidy of the egg--a leading cause of pregnancy loss and birth defects in humans...
- Paraoanu L, Layer P. Mouse AChE binds in vivo to domain IV of laminin-1beta. Chem Biol Interact. 2005;157-158:411-3 pubmed..Moreover, we identified the region containing amino acid residues 240-503 of AChE as essential for interaction with laminin-1beta. Co-immunoprecipitation experiments confirmed the yeast two-hybrid results. ..
- Schuler G, Ozalp G, Hoffmann B, Harada N, Browne P, Conley A. Reciprocal expression of 17alpha-hydroxylase-C17,20-lyase and aromatase cytochrome P450 during bovine trophoblast differentiation: a two-cell system drives placental oestrogen synthesis. Reproduction. 2006;131:669-79 pubmed..P450c17 expression appears to be quickly down-regulated and P450arom is up-regulated when UTCs enter the TGC differentiation pathway. ..
- Brunk I, Blex C, Rachakonda S, Höltje M, Winter S, Pahner I, et al. The first luminal domain of vesicular monoamine transporters mediates G-protein-dependent regulation of transmitter uptake. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33373-85 pubmed..The first luminal loop of VMATs may represent a G-protein-coupled receptor that adapts vesicular filling. ..
- Schütz K, Carle R, Schieber A. Taraxacum--a review on its phytochemical and pharmacological profile. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;107:313-23 pubmed..Finally, research needs such as quantification of individual Taraxacum constituents and assessment of their pharmacological activities in humans have briefly been outlined...
- Worch S, Fiedler E, Hansmann I, Schlote D. Genomic organization and expression pattern of scapinin (PHACTR3) in mouse and human. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2006;115:23-9 pubmed..Based on the transcriptional data we therefore assume scapinin to have a distinct biological function in the mammalian brain. ..
- Pröhl G, Ehlken S, Fiedler I, Kirchner G, Klemt E, Zibold G. Ecological half-lives of 90Sr and 137Cs in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. J Environ Radioact. 2006;91:41-72 pubmed
- Gliem M, Weisheit G, Mertz K, Endl E, Oberdick J, Schilling K. Expression of classical cadherins in the cerebellar anlage: quantitative and functional aspects. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;33:447-58 pubmed..A. and Steinberg, M.S., 2005. The differential adhesion hypothesis: a direct evaluation. Dev. Biol. 278, 255-263.). ..
- Neuhofer W, Steinert D, Fraek M, Beck F. Prostaglandin E2 stimulates expression of osmoprotective genes in MDCK cells and promotes survival under hypertonic conditions. J Physiol. 2007;583:287-97 pubmed..These findings may be relevant in the pathophysiology of medullary damage associated with analgesic drugs. ..
- Seiderer J, Dambacher J, Kühnlein B, Pfennig S, Konrad A, Török H, et al. The role of the selenoprotein S (SELS) gene -105G>A promoter polymorphism in inflammatory bowel disease and regulation of SELS gene expression in intestinal inflammation. Tissue Antigens. 2007;70:238-46 pubmed
- van Roeyen C, Eitner F, Scholl T, Boor P, Kunter U, Planque N, et al. CCN3 is a novel endogenous PDGF-regulated inhibitor of glomerular cell proliferation. Kidney Int. 2008;73:86-94 pubmed..Glomerular cell proliferation negatively correlated with CCN3 expression in necrotizing GN. Our study identifies CCN3 as an endogenous inhibitor of mesangial cell growth and a modulator of PDGF-induced mitogenesis. ..
- Zhang W, Zitron E, Bloehs R, Muller Krebs S, Scholz E, Zeier M, et al. Dual regulation of renal Kir7.1 potassium channels by protein Kinase A and protein Kinase C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:981-6 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study demonstrates the dual regulation of Kir7.1 channel function by PKA and PKC. Structurally, these regulations depend on two key residues in the C-terminal channel domain ((Ser)201 for PKC and (Ser)287 for PKA). ..
- Kruger P, Kanzer J, Hummel J, Fricker G, Schubert Zsilavecz M, Abdel Tawab M. Permeation of Boswellia extract in the Caco-2 model and possible interactions of its constituents KBA and AKBA with OATP1B3 and MRP2. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2009;36:275-84 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study provide the first explanation for the pharmacokinetic properties of KBA and AKBA...
- Zibat A, Uhmann A, Nitzki F, Wijgerde M, Frommhold A, Heller T, et al. Time-point and dosage of gene inactivation determine the tumor spectrum in conditional Ptch knockouts. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:918-26 pubmed publisher..The latter ones are unique among all tumors since their occurrence decreases rather than increases with age. A better understanding of mechanisms underlying this ontological restriction is of potential therapeutic value. ..
- Lima J, Kojima S, Takahashi H, von Wirén N. Ammonium triggers lateral root branching in Arabidopsis in an AMMONIUM TRANSPORTER1;3-dependent manner. Plant Cell. 2010;22:3621-33 pubmed publisher..These results show that ammonium is complementary to nitrate in shaping lateral root development and that stimulation of lateral root branching by ammonium occurs in an AMT1;3-dependent manner. ..
- Wefers B, Hitz C, Holter S, Trumbach D, Hansen J, Weber P, et al. MAPK signaling determines anxiety in the juvenile mouse brain but depression-like behavior in adults. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35035 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results validate inducible gene inactivation as a new valuable approach, allowing it to discriminate between gene function in the adult and the developing postnatal brain. ..
- Franz T, Li X. The OASIS® HLB ?Elution plate as a one-step platform for manual high-throughput in-gel digestion of proteins and peptide desalting. Proteomics. 2012;12:2487-92 pubmed publisher..In this article, a complete and detailed protocol for the use of the OASIS® HLB ?Elution plate is introduced and its effectiveness is shown with 2D- and 1D-gel samples. ..
- Sinsch U, SchÃ¤fer A. Density regulation in toad populations (Epidalea calamita, Bufotes viridis) by differential winter survival of juveniles. J Therm Biol. 2016;55:20-9 pubmed publisher..viridis juveniles will also depend on the effects of climate warming on predator phenology. ..
- Schreiber R, Stoll B, Lang F, Haussinger D. Effects of aniso-osmolarity and hydroperoxides on intracellular pH in isolated rat hepatocytes as assessed by (2',7')-bis(carboxyethyl)-5(6)-carboxyfluorescein and fluorescein isothiocyanate-dextran fluorescence. Biochem J. 1994;303 ( Pt 1):113-20 pubmed..It is concluded that modulation of vesicular pH by the hepatocellular hydration state may play a role in triggering some metabolic changes in response to cell swelling/shrinkage. ..
- Rau W, Just W, Vetter U, Vogel W. A dinucleotide repeat in the mouse biglycan gene (EST) on the X chromosome. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:395-6 pubmed
- Sondermann H, Scheufler C, Schneider C, Hohfeld J, Hartl F, Moarefi I. Structure of a Bag/Hsc70 complex: convergent functional evolution of Hsp70 nucleotide exchange factors. Science. 2001;291:1553-7 pubmed..Thus, functional convergence has allowed proteins with different architectures to trigger a conserved conformational shift in Hsp70 that leads to nucleotide exchange. ..
- Albert J, Winter H, Schaechinger T, Weber T, Wang X, He D, et al. Voltage-sensitive prestin orthologue expressed in zebrafish hair cells. J Physiol. 2007;580:451-61 pubmed
- Haubrich K, Schmitt T. Cryptic differentiation in alpine-endemic, high-altitude butterflies reveals down-slope glacial refugia. Mol Ecol. 2007;16:3643-58 pubmed..melampus group might have had a refugium at the southwestern Alps margin, the eastern group in the lower altitudes of the southeastern and/or eastern Alps. In the latter, a further subdivision within this relict area is possible. ..
- Altrock P, Traulsen A, Reed F. Stability properties of underdominance in finite subdivided populations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1002260 pubmed publisher..Fixation of the mutant allele becomes unlikely but the time to its extinction can be long. ..
- Hille Rehfeld A. Mannose 6-phosphate receptors in sorting and transport of lysosomal enzymes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1241:177-94 pubmed..To understand the physiological relevance of these observations will be a challenge for future research. ..
- Antonenkov V, Sies H. Some basic properties of ascorbate-dependent antioxidative-defence factors from rat liver cytosol. Chem Biol Interact. 1995;94:169-81 pubmed..A function of these factors could be to create more favourable conditions for the interaction of ascorbate as a very hydrophilic molecule with membrane-bound hydrophobic radicals...
- Rettenberger G, Fries R, Engel W, Scheit K, Dolf G, Hameister H. Establishment of a partially informative porcine somatic cell hybrid panel and assignment of the loci for transition protein 2 (TNP2) and protamine 1 (PRM1) to chromosome 3 and polyubiquitin (UBC) to chromosome 14. Genomics. 1994;21:558-66 pubmed..Two chromosomal localizations have been further refined by radioactive in situ hybridization. UBC maps to chromosome 14q12-q15 and TNP2 to 3p11-p12. ..
- Grimm C, Chatterjee B, Favor J, Immervoll T, Loster J, Klopp N, et al. Aphakia (ak), a mouse mutation affecting early eye development: fine mapping, consideration of candidate genes and altered Pax6 and Six3 gene expression pattern. Dev Genet. 1998;23:299-316 pubmed..As a consequence of the arrested lens development, other ocular tissues that require for their development information from the intact lens, such as iris, ciliary muscle, retina, and vitreous body, are absent or formed abnormally. ..
- Ullrich A, Knecht W, Fries M, Loffler M. Recombinant expression of N-terminal truncated mutants of the membrane bound mouse, rat and human flavoenzyme dihydroorotate dehydrogenase. A versatile tool to rate inhibitor effects?. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1861-8 pubmed
- Bondzio A, Abraham Podgornik A, Blankenstein P, Risse S. Involvement of intracellular Ca2+ in the regulation of bovine leukemia virus expression. Biol Chem. 2001;382:407-16 pubmed..Based on inhibitor studies, we hypothesize that the effect of A23187 on BLV expression appears to be mediated by PKC. ..
- Ochs M, Knudsen L, Allen L, Stumbaugh A, Levitt S, Nyengaard J, et al. GM-CSF mediates alveolar epithelial type II cell changes, but not emphysema-like pathology, in SP-D-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L1333-41 pubmed