Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Belgium
Publications1285 found, 100 shown here
- Stragier P, Hermans K, Stinear T, Portaels F. First report of a mycolactone-producing Mycobacterium infection in fish agriculture in Belgium. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2008;286:93-5 pubmed publisher..A recently isolated mycobacterial strain from a fish in Belgium was analyzed using a variety of molecular methods and the results were identical to those obtained from a mycolactone-producing M. marinum from Israel. ..
- Peigneur S, Billen B, Derua R, Waelkens E, Debaveye S, Béress L, et al. A bifunctional sea anemone peptide with Kunitz type protease and potassium channel inhibiting properties. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:81-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that APEKTx1 has the unique feature to combine the dual functionality of a potent and selective blocker of K(V)1.1 channels with that of a competitive inhibitor of trypsin. ..
- Vallet C, Marquez B, Ngabirano E, Lemaire S, Mingeot Leclercq M, Tulkens P, et al. Cellular accumulation of fluoroquinolones is not predictive of their intracellular activity: studies with gemifloxacin, moxifloxacin and ciprofloxacin in a pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model of uninfected and infected macrophages. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2011;38:249-56 pubmed publisher
- Glorie L, Verhulst A, Matheeussen V, Baerts L, Magielse J, Hermans N, et al. DPP4 inhibition improves functional outcome after renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F681-8 pubmed publisher..Through a mechanism yet to be fully understood, VG treatment results in a functional protection of the kidney against IRI. This protection was associated with antiapoptotic, immunological, and antioxidative changes. ..
- Martinet W, Schrijvers D, Timmermans J, Bult H, De Meyer G. Immunohistochemical analysis of macroautophagy: recommendations and limitations. Autophagy. 2013;9:386-402 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TEM remains an indispensable technique for in situ evaluation of macroautophagy, particularly in clinical samples for which genetic manipulation or other in vitro techniques are not feasible. ..
- Cosandey A, Boss R, Luini M, Artursson K, Bardiau M, Breitenwieser F, et al. Staphylococcus aureus genotype B and other genotypes isolated from cow milk in European countries. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:529-40 pubmed publisher..The remaining 24% of the strains comprised 41 genotypes and variants, some of which (GTAM, GTBG) were restricted to certain countries; many others, however, were observed only once. ..
- Falisse E, Voisin A, Silvestre F. Impacts of triclosan exposure on zebrafish early-life stage: Toxicity and acclimation mechanisms. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:97-107 pubmed publisher..This research highlighted oxidative stress and neurotoxicity as major toxicity mechanisms of TCS during development. ..
- Mezzar S, De Schryver E, Asselberghs S, Meyhi E, Morvay P, Baes M, et al. Phytol-induced pathology in 2-hydroxyacyl-CoA lyase (HACL1) deficient mice. Evidence for a second non-HACL1-related lyase. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:972-990 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HACL1 deficiency is not associated with a severe phenotype, but in combination with phytanic acid intake, the normal situation in man, it might present with phytanic acid elevation and resemble a Refsum like disorder. ..
- Bossuyt X, Blanckaert N. Effect of GTP on the dolichol pathway for protein glycosylation in rat liver microsomes. Biochem J. 1993;296 ( Pt 3):633-7 pubmed..Cell Biol. 97, 340-350] that increased membrane permeability constitutes the mechanism whereby GTP activates the reactions of the dolichol pathway. ..
- Gueydan C, Wauquier C, De Mees C, Huez G, Kruys V. Identification of ribosomal proteins specific to higher eukaryotic organisms. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45034-40 pubmed..In contrast, no homologous protein is found in lower eukaryotes such as yeast and Caenorhabditis elegans. These observations indicate that PS1D is the first eukaryotic ribosomal protein that is specific to higher eukaryotes. ..
- Appeltants D, Ball G, Balthazart J. Catecholaminergic inputs to aromatase cells in the canary auditory forebrain. Neuroreport. 2004;15:1727-30 pubmed..Interactions between catecholaminergic systems and aromatase in the caudomedial nidopallium may provide one mechanism for the regulation of estrogens involved in song perception and memorization. ..
- De Palma A, Verbeken E, Van Aelst I, Van Den Steen P, Opdenakker G, Neyts J. Increased gelatinase B/matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) activity in a murine model of acute coxsackievirus B4-induced pancreatitis. Virology. 2008;382:20-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, this report demonstrates that acute coxsackievirus B4-induced pancreatitis involves the action of MMP-9, which is mainly originating from macrophages and neutrophils. ..
- De Bock K, De Smet F, Leite De Oliveira R, Anthonis K, Carmeliet P. Endothelial oxygen sensors regulate tumor vessel abnormalization by instructing phalanx endothelial cells. J Mol Med (Berl). 2009;87:561-9 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the role of PHD2 in the regulation of vessel (ab)normalization and the therapeutic potential of PHD2 inhibition for tumor invasiveness and metastasis. ..
- Krammer E, Homble F, Prevost M. Molecular origin of VDAC selectivity towards inorganic ions: a combined molecular and Brownian dynamics study. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:1284-92 pubmed publisher..Altogether these results bolster the role of electrostatic features of the pore as the main determinant of VDAC selectivity towards inorganic anions. ..
- Masuzzo P, Van Troys M, Ampe C, Martens L. Taking Aim at Moving Targets in Computational Cell Migration. Trends Cell Biol. 2016;26:88-110 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide a list of available software tools for cell migration to assist researchers in choosing the most appropriate solution for their needs. ..
- Ponsaerts P, Brown J, Van den Plas D, Van den Eeden L, Van Bockstaele D, Jorens P, et al. Messenger RNA electroporation is highly efficient in mouse embryonic stem cells: successful FLPe- and Cre-mediated recombination. Gene Ther. 2004;11:1606-10 pubmed
- Van den Plas D, Merregaert J. In vitro studies on Itm2a reveal its involvement in early stages of the chondrogenic differentiation pathway. Biol Cell. 2004;96:463-70 pubmed..These results demonstrate that overexpression of Itm2a in mouse ATDC5 cells impede the transition to hypertrophic cells. Taken together, our observation supports the involvement of Itm2a in the early stages of chondrogenesis in vitro. ..
- Maliekal P, Vertommen D, Delpierre G, van Schaftingen E. Identification of the sequence encoding N-acetylneuraminate-9-phosphate phosphatase. Glycobiology. 2006;16:165-72 pubmed..The identification of the gene encoding Neu5Ac-9-Pase will facilitate studies aimed at testing its potential implication in unexplained forms of glycosylation deficiency. ..
- Vandewalle C, van Roy F, Berx G. The role of the ZEB family of transcription factors in development and disease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:773-87 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe what is currently known on the molecular pathways these transcription factors are implicated in, and we highlight their roles in development and human diseases, with a focus on tumor malignancy. ..
- Van Dycke A, Raedt R, Verstraete A, Theofilas P, Wadman W, Vonck K, et al. Astrocytes derived from fetal neural progenitor cells as a novel source for therapeutic adenosine delivery. Seizure. 2010;19:390-6 pubmed publisher..2 ng per 10(5) cells). Fetal neural progenitor cells isolated from Adk(-/-) mice--but not those from C57BL/6 mice--release amounts of adenosine considered to be of therapeutic relevance. ..
- Vokaer B, Charbonnier L, Lemaître P, Le Moine A. Impact of interleukin-2-expanded regulatory T cells in various allogeneic combinations on mouse skin graft survival. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:2840-4 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results warn that cross-reactive CD8(+) T cells represent an important hurdle to Treg-based tolerance induction. ..
- Anto J, Bousquet J, Akdis M, Auffray C, Keil T, Momas I, et al. Mechanisms of the Development of Allergy (MeDALL): Introducing novel concepts in allergy phenotypes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139:388-399 pubmed publisher..The results of MeDALL will help integrate personalized, predictive, preventative, and participatory approaches in allergic diseases. ..
- Leo S, Moechars D, Callaerts Vegh Z, D Hooge R, Meert T. Impairment of VGLUT2 but not VGLUT1 signaling reduces neuropathy-induced hypersensitivity. Eur J Pain. 2009;13:1008-17 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that VGLUT2, but not VGLUT1, plays a role in neuropathy-induced allodynia and hypersensitivity, and might be a therapeutic target to prevent and/or treat neuropathic pain. ..
- Stinckens A, Luyten T, Van den Maagdenberg K, Janssens S, De Smet S, Georges M, et al. Interactions between genes involved in growth and muscularity in pigs: IGF-2, myostatin, ryanodine receptor 1, and melanocortin-4 receptor. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2009;37:227-35 pubmed publisher..Also, the RYR1 genotype had a significant effect on IGF-2 expression in m. longissimus dorsi. No effect of the MC4R QTN could be seen. ..
- Tilleman L, De Henau S, Pauwels M, Nagy N, Pintelon I, Braeckman B, et al. An N-myristoylated globin with a redox-sensing function that regulates the defecation cycle in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48768 pubmed publisher..Phenotypical studies show that GLB-26 takes part in regulating the length of the defecation cycle in C. elegans under oxidative stress conditions...
- Lecomte F, Szpirer J, Szpirer C. The S3a ribosomal protein gene is identical to the Fte-1 (v-fos transformation effector) gene and the TNF-alpha-induced TU-11 gene, and its transcript level is altered in transformed and tumor cells. Gene. 1997;186:271-7 pubmed..Like the Rps3a transcript level, the c-Fos transcript level is higher in transformed cells. Rps3a and Fos could thus be effectors of the transformed phenotype. ..
- Cornelis P, Sierra J, Lim A, Malur A, Tungpradabkul S, Tazka H, et al. Development of new cloning vectors for the production of immunogenic outer membrane fusion proteins in Escherichia coli. Biotechnology (N Y). 1996;14:203-8 pubmed..The results suggest that OprI-based fusion proteins can be used to generate both humoral and cellular immune responses. ..
- Van Miert S, Jonckers T, Cimanga K, Maes L, Maes B, Lemiere G, et al. In vitro inhibition of beta-haematin formation, DNA interactions, antiplasmodial activity, and cytotoxicity of synthetic neocryptolepine derivatives. Exp Parasitol. 2004;108:163-8 pubmed
- Tambuyzer B, Ponsaerts P, Nouwen E. Microglia: gatekeepers of central nervous system immunology. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;85:352-70 pubmed publisher..This review about microglia aims to introduce the reader extensively into their ontogeny, cell biology, and involvement in different neuropathologies. ..
- Bronckaers A, Aguado L, Negri A, Camarasa M, Balzarini J, Pérez Pérez M, et al. Identification of aspartic acid-203 in human thymidine phosphorylase as an important residue for both catalysis and non-competitive inhibition by the small molecule "crystallization chaperone" 5'-O-tritylinosine (KIN59). Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;78:231-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal the existence of a previously unrecognized site in TP that can be targeted by small molecules to inhibit the catalytic activity of TP. ..
- Colsoul B, Schraenen A, Lemaire K, Quintens R, Van Lommel L, Segal A, et al. Loss of high-frequency glucose-induced Ca2+ oscillations in pancreatic islets correlates with impaired glucose tolerance in Trpm5-/- mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5208-13 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, glucose-induced insulin release from Trpm5(-/-) pancreatic islets is significantly reduced, resulting in an impaired glucose tolerance in Trpm5(-/-) mice. ..
- Meheretu Y, Leirs H, Welegerima K, Breno M, Tomas Z, Kidane D, et al. Bartonella prevalence and genetic diversity in small mammals from Ethiopia. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2013;13:164-75 pubmed publisher..The close relatedness of several of our Bartonella genotypes obtained from the 3 dominant rodent species in Tigray with the pathogenic Bartonella elizabethae from Rattus spp. in Asia indicates a potential public health threat. ..
- Bouché P, Lejeune P, Bailly V, Muyle M, Zinque M, Mercier A, et al. Conserving wildlife amongst the cotton fields. A third of a century of experience at the Nazinga Game Ranch, Burkina Faso. Environ Monit Assess. 2016;188:437 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study showed that some isolated mammal populations could be restored and maintained in the long term, in spite of being surrounded by highly cultivated areas. ..
- Beeckmans S, Van Driessche E, Kanarek L. The visualization by affinity electrophoresis of a specific association between the consecutive citric acid cycle enzymes fumarase and malate dehydrogenase. Eur J Biochem. 1989;183:449-54 pubmed..The latter findings are suggestive of an interruption of the citric acid cycle at the level of fumarase under conditions of high energy load (i.e. high ATP/ADP ratios). ..
- Deleersnijder W, Hong G, Cortvrindt R, Poirier C, Tylzanowski P, Pittois K, et al. Isolation of markers for chondro-osteogenic differentiation using cDNA library subtraction. Molecular cloning and characterization of a gene belonging to a novel multigene family of integral membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:19475-82 pubmed..Homology searches of DNA databanks showed that E25 belongs to a novel multigene family, containing three members both in man and mouse. The mouse E25 gene locus (Itm2) was mapped to the X chromosome. ..
- Materne R, van Beers B, Smith A, Leconte I, Jamart J, Dehoux J, et al. Non-invasive quantification of liver perfusion with dynamic computed tomography and a dual-input one-compartmental model. Clin Sci (Lond). 2000;99:517-25 pubmed..1). Our results indicate that dynamic CT combined with a dual-input one-compartmental model provides a valid and reliable method for the non-invasive quantification of perfusion in the normal liver...
- Absil P, Pinxten R, Balthazart J, Eens M. Effect of age and testosterone on autumnal neurogenesis in male European starlings (Sturnus vulgaris). Behav Brain Res. 2003;143:15-30 pubmed
- Ghekiere A, Verslycke T, De Smet L, Van Beeumen J, Janssen C. Purification and characterization of vitellin from the estuarine mysid Neomysis integer (Crustacea; Mysidacea). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2004;138:427-33 pubmed..integer. These antisera will be used to develop immunoassays to study vitellogenesis in mysids and to detect potential stimulatory or inhibitory effects of endocrine disruptors on the production of vitellin. ..
- Poels J, Verlinden H, Fichna J, Van Loy T, Franssens V, Studzian K, et al. Functional comparison of two evolutionary conserved insect neurokinin-like receptors. Peptides. 2007;28:103-8 pubmed..Ala-containing analogs did not produce the remarkable activation behavior previously observed with STKR, suggesting different mechanisms of discerning ligands and/or activating effector pathways for STKR and DTKR. ..
- Lievens S, Verbaeys I, Flo G, Briers R, Decuypere E, Cokelaere M. Disruption of the behavioral satiety sequence by simmondsin. Appetite. 2009;52:703-710 pubmed publisher..It probably facilitates a small natural process of satiation/satiety at first contact, but creates abnormal physiological effects resulting in aversive reactions from second contact on. ..
- Kyriakis C, Olsen C, Carman S, Brown I, Brookes S, Doorsselaere J, et al. Serologic cross-reactivity with pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus in pigs, Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:96-9 pubmed publisher..We found more serologic cross-reaction than expected. Data suggest pigs in Europe may have partial immunity to pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus. ..
- Pletinck A, Van Landschoot M, Steppan S, Laukens D, Passlick Deetjen J, Vanholder R, et al. Oral supplementation with sulodexide inhibits neo-angiogenesis in a rat model of peritoneal perfusion. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:548-56 pubmed publisher..As there was no difference in VEGF at the protein level in the dialysate, we hypothesize that oral sulodexide inhibits VEGF locally by binding. ..
- Garg A, Krysko D, Vandenabeele P, Agostinis P. Hypericin-based photodynamic therapy induces surface exposure of damage-associated molecular patterns like HSP70 and calreticulin. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2012;61:215-221 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we found that Hyp-PDT-induced CRT exposure (in contrast to anthracycline-induced CRT exposure) was independent of the presence of ERp57. Our results indicate that Hyp-PDT is a potential anti-cancer immunogenic modality. ..
- Hu J, Van Valckenborgh E, Xu D, Menu E, De Raeve H, De Bruyne E, et al. Synergistic induction of apoptosis in multiple myeloma cells by bortezomib and hypoxia-activated prodrug TH-302, in vivo and in vitro. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:1763-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies provide a rationale for clinical evaluation of the combination of TH-302 and bortezomib in patients with multiple myeloma. ..
- Bensimon Brito A, Cardeira J, DionÃsio G, Huysseune A, Cancela M, Witten P. Revisiting in vivo staining with alizarin red S--a valuable approach to analyse zebrafish skeletal mineralization during development and regeneration. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:2 pubmed publisher..We provide examples from wild type and transgenic GFP-expressing zebrafish, for endoskeletal development and dermal fin ray regeneration. ..
- Veryser L, Taevernier L, Joshi T, Tatke P, Wynendaele E, Bracke N, et al. Mucosal and blood-brain barrier transport kinetics of the plant N-alkylamide spilanthol using in vitro and in vivo models. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:177 pubmed publisher..Spilanthol shows a high intestinal absorption from the gut into the systemic circulation, as well as a high BBB permeation rate from the blood into the brain. ..
- Springael J, Nikko E, Andre B, Marini A. Yeast Npi3/Bro1 is involved in ubiquitin-dependent control of permease trafficking. FEBS Lett. 2002;517:103-9 pubmed..We propose that proteins of the Npi3/Bro1 family, including homologues from higher species, may play a conserved role in ubiquitin-dependent control of membrane protein trafficking. ..
- Van Hoorick D, Raes A, Snyders D. The aromatic cluster in KCHIP1b affects Kv4 inactivation gating. J Physiol. 2007;583:959-69 pubmed..These results indicate that the aromatic cluster in exon1b modulates the transitions towards and from the closed inactivated states and the steady state distribution over the respective states. ..
- Votion D, Hahn C, Milne E. Concurrent conditions in single cases: the need to differentiate equine dysautonomia (grass sickness) and atypical myopathy. Equine Vet J. 2007;39:390-2 pubmed
- Foubert K, Cuyckens F, Vleeschouwer K, Theunis M, Vlietinck A, Pieters L, et al. Rapid quantification of 14 saponins of Maesa lanceolata by UPLC-MS/MS. Talanta. 2010;81:1258-63 pubmed publisher..1 and VII.1 were 96.6% and 85.5%, respectively. The validated method can be applied in the investigation of the content of 14 saponins in transgenic and non-transgenic plant material of M. lanceolata. ..
- Vokaer B, Charbonnier L, Lemaître P, Spilleboudt C, Le Moine A. IL-17A and IL-2-expanded regulatory T cells cooperate to inhibit Th1-mediated rejection of MHC II disparate skin grafts. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76040 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate for the first time a protective role of IL-17A in CD4+-mediated allograft rejection process. ..
- Navarra P, Eechaute W, Preziosi P, Lacroix E. Idazoxan inhibits hyperprolactinaemia in ovariectomized estrogen-treated rats. Horm Metab Res. 1991;23:22-4 pubmed..It is concluded that IDZ is an effective PRL-lowering agent in a number of physiological and pharmacological hyperprolactinaemic models. ..
- Vermeesch J, Mertens G, David G, Marynen P. Assignment of the human glypican gene (GPC1) to 2q35-q37 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Genomics. 1995;25:327-9 pubmed
- Roymans D, Vissenberg K, De Jonghe C, Willems R, Engler G, Kimura N, et al. Identification of the tumor metastasis suppressor Nm23-H1/Nm23-R1 as a constituent of the centrosome. Exp Cell Res. 2001;262:145-53 pubmed..In addition, human Nm23-R1/-H1 was also shown to be present in the centrosome of different human and rat cell types, demonstrating that the presence of Nm23-H1 homologues in the latter organelle is a general event. ..
- Van Damme P, van den Bosch L, Van Houtte E, Eggermont J, Callewaert G, Robberecht W. Na(+) entry through AMPA receptors results in voltage-gated k(+) channel blockade in cultured rat spinal cord motoneurons. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:965-72 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Na(+) influx through AMPA receptors results in blockade of voltage-gated K(+) channels...
- De Troyer A. Relationship between neural drive and mechanical effect in the respiratory system. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2002;508:507-14 pubmed..The distribution of neural drive among these muscles appears to be equally well matched to the distribution of respiratory effect in humans. ..
- van den Hove M, Croizet Berger K, Jouret F, Guggino S, Guggino W, Devuyst O, et al. The loss of the chloride channel, ClC-5, delays apical iodide efflux and induces a euthyroid goiter in the mouse thyroid gland. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1287-96 pubmed..Instead, the goiter associated with ClC-5 KO results from impaired rate of apical iodide efflux by down-regulation of pendrin expression. ..
- Vercruysse L, Caluwaerts S, Luyten C, Pijnenborg R. Interstitial trophoblast invasion in the decidua and mesometrial triangle during the last third of pregnancy in the rat. Placenta. 2006;27:22-33 pubmed..These measurements may serve as a basis for further experiments to evaluate factors which may influence the depth of trophoblast invasion...
- Pendeville H, Peers B, Kas K, Voz M. Cloning and embryonic expression of zebrafish PLAG genes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:267-76 pubmed..This hypothesis was proven for the ventricular zone shown to be a highly proliferative zone using the anti-phosphohistone H3 antibody that detects cells in mitosis. ..
- Cnops L, Hu T, Burnat K, Van der Gucht E, Arckens L. Age-dependent alterations in CRMP2 and CRMP4 protein expression profiles in cat visual cortex. Brain Res. 2006;1088:109-19 pubmed
- Derycke S, Remerie T, Backeljau T, Vierstraete A, Vanfleteren J, Vincx M, et al. Phylogeography of the Rhabditis (Pellioditis) marina species complex: evidence for long-distance dispersal, and for range expansions and restricted gene flow in the northeast Atlantic. Mol Ecol. 2008;17:3306-22 pubmed publisher..The allopatric distribution of some intraspecific phylogroups and of closely related cryptic species points to the potential for allopatric speciation in R. (P.) marina. ..
- Van der Linden A, Van Meir V, Boumans T, Poirier C, Balthazart J. MRI in small brains displaying extensive plasticity. Trends Neurosci. 2009;32:257-66 pubmed publisher..This neural system is an outstanding model for studying vocal learning, brain steroid hormone action, brain plasticity and lateralization of brain function...
- Van Bortel W, Chinh V, Berkvens D, Speybroeck N, Trung H, Coosemans M. Impact of insecticide-treated nets on wild pyrethroid resistant Anopheles epiroticus population from southern Vietnam tested in experimental huts. Malar J. 2009;8:248 pubmed publisher..In the light of a possible elimination of malaria from the Mekong region these insights in operational consequences of the insecticide resistance on control tools is of upmost importance. ..
- Provoost S, Maes T, Willart M, Joos G, Lambrecht B, Tournoy K. Diesel exhaust particles stimulate adaptive immunity by acting on pulmonary dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2010;184:426-32 pubmed publisher..This resulted in an enhanced T cell recruitment and effector differentiation in the MLN. These data suggest that DEP inhalation modulates immune responses in the lung via stimulation of DC function. ..
- De Filette M, Ysenbaert T, Roose K, Schotsaert M, Roels S, Goossens E, et al. Antiserum against the conserved nine amino acid N-terminal peptide of influenza A virus matrix protein 2 is not immunoprotective. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:301-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the peptide SP1 contains an immunogenic epitope that is not sufficient for immunoprotection. ..
- Szpirer C, Riviere M, Cortese R, Nakamura T, Islam M, Levan G, et al. Chromosomal localization in man and rat of the genes encoding the liver-enriched transcription factors C/EBP, DBP, and HNF1/LFB-1 (CEBP, DBP, and transcription factor 1, TCF1, respectively) and of the hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor gene (HGF. Genomics. 1992;13:293-300 pubmed..The HGF gene was mapped to rat chromosome 4, confirming homology between this chromosome and human chromosome 7, which carries the human HGF gene. ..
- Dello C, Belpaire F, de Rick A, Fraeyman N. Influence of inflammation on serum concentration, molecular heterogeneity and drug binding properties of canine alpha-1-acid glycoprotein. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 1988;11:71-6 pubmed..Changes in serum binding of oxprenolol during inflammation result from a change in the serum concentration of alpha-1-AGP rather than a change of molecular heterogeneity...
- Bastianelli E, Pochet R. Calmodulin immunoreactivity in the chicken pineal gland: comparison with calbindin-D28k, calretinin, and S100. Anat Rec. 1994;238:207-12 pubmed..Comparison between the lack of calmodulin and the presence of calretinin, belonging to the same calcium-binding protein family, in chick pinealocytes raises the hypothesis about a possible role of calretinin in melatonin synthesis. ..
- Vigano C, Julien M, Carrier I, Gros P, Ruysschaert J. Structural and functional asymmetry of the nucleotide-binding domains of P-glycoprotein investigated by attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5008-16 pubmed..It is proposed that this restructuring step would allow the binding and transport of another molecule of substrate. ..
- Conway E, Van de Wouwer M, Pollefeyt S, Jurk K, Van Aken H, De Vriese A, et al. The lectin-like domain of thrombomodulin confers protection from neutrophil-mediated tissue damage by suppressing adhesion molecule expression via nuclear factor kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. J Exp Med. 2002;196:565-77 pubmed..These data suggest that TM has antiinflammatory properties in addition to its role in coagulation and fibrinolysis. ..
- Heemers H, Vanderhoydonc F, Roskams T, Shechter I, Heyns W, Verhoeven G, et al. Androgens stimulate coordinated lipogenic gene expression in normal target tissues in vivo. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;205:21-31 pubmed..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for a coordinate regulation of lipogenic gene expression not only in prostate cancer cell lines in culture but also in non-cancerous androgen-responsive tissues in vivo. ..
- Lock K, Janssen C. Comparative toxicity of a zinc salt, zinc powder and zinc oxide to Eisenia fetida, Enchytraeus albidus and Folsomia candida. Chemosphere. 2003;53:851-6 pubmed
- Nenquin M, Szollosi A, Aguilar Bryan L, Bryan J, Henquin J. Both triggering and amplifying pathways contribute to fuel-induced insulin secretion in the absence of sulfonylurea receptor-1 in pancreatic beta-cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32316-24 pubmed
- Van Dam D, Marescau B, Engelborghs S, Cremers T, Mulder J, Staufenbiel M, et al. Analysis of cholinergic markers, biogenic amines, and amino acids in the CNS of two APP overexpression mouse models. Neurochem Int. 2005;46:409-22 pubmed..Transgenic mouse models may be employed as a tool to study early-stage neurochemical changes, which are often not accessible in Alzheimer brain. ..
- Baatout S, Derradji H. About histone H1 phosphorylation during mitosis. Cell Biochem Funct. 2006;24:93-4 pubmed
- Cherlet M, Croubels S, De Backer P. Quantitative determination of chlortetracycline content in animal plasma at controlled keto-enol tautomerism by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2006;1102:116-24 pubmed
- Ny A, Autiero M, Carmeliet P. Zebrafish and Xenopus tadpoles: small animal models to study angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:684-93 pubmed..The advantages of these two models will be discussed in the present review. ..
- Bonif M, Meuwis M, Close P, Benoit V, Heyninck K, Chapelle J, et al. TNFalpha- and IKKbeta-mediated TANK/I-TRAF phosphorylation: implications for interaction with NEMO/IKKgamma and NF-kappaB activation. Biochem J. 2006;394:593-603 pubmed
- Dufour A, Egea J, Kullander K, Klein R, Vanderhaeghen P. Genetic analysis of EphA-dependent signaling mechanisms controlling topographic mapping in vivo. Development. 2006;133:4415-20 pubmed..These data provide a novel insight into the molecular mechanisms of topographic mapping, and constitute a physiological framework for the dissection of the downstream signaling cascades involved. ..
- Vinken M, Henkens T, Snykers S, Lukaszuk A, Tourwe D, Rogiers V, et al. The novel histone deacetylase inhibitor 4-Me2N-BAVAH differentially affects cell junctions between primary hepatocytes. Toxicology. 2007;236:92-102 pubmed
- Muyllaert D, Terwel D, Kremer A, Sennvik K, Borghgraef P, Devijver H, et al. Neurodegeneration and neuroinflammation in cdk5/p25-inducible mice: a model for hippocampal sclerosis and neocortical degeneration. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:470-85 pubmed publisher..The inducible p25 mice present as a model for neurodegeneration in hippocampal sclerosis and neocortical degeneration, with important contributions of activated microglia. ..
- Vandamme K, Melkebeek V, Cox E, Deforce D, Lenoir J, Adriaens E, et al. Influence of reaction medium during synthesis of Gantrez AN 119 nanoparticles for oral vaccination. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;74:202-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the mucosal irritation capacity was evaluated upon nanoparticle hydrolysis using a slug mucosal irritation assay. Herein, hydrolysed NP of the 44% acetone method were classified as mild irritative. ..
- Atanasova K, Van Gucht S, Barbé F, Duchateau L, Van Reeth K. Lipoteichoic acid from Staphylococcus aureus exacerbates respiratory disease in porcine respiratory coronavirus-infected pigs. Vet J. 2011;188:210-5 pubmed publisher..Given that Gram-positive bacteria, capable of producing LTA, are commonly found in pig accommodation, the role of this compound in the development of the porcine respiratory disease complex requires further investigation. ..
- Rider M, Hussain N, Dilworth S, Storey J, Storey K. AMP-activated protein kinase and metabolic regulation in cold-hardy insects. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1453-62 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study suggests a re-sculpting of metabolism during insect diapause, which shifted to a more catabolic poise in freeze-avoiding overwintering Epiblema larvae, possibly involving AMPK. ..
- Bouchekioua A, Scourzic L, De Wever O, Zhang Y, Cervera P, Aline Fardin A, et al. JAK3 deregulation by activating mutations confers invasive growth advantage in extranodal nasal-type natural killer cell lymphoma. Leukemia. 2014;28:338-48 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the constitutive activation of JAK3, which can result from JAK3-activating mutations, is a frequent feature of NKCL that deserves to be tested as a therapeutic target. ..
- Wang Y, Buyse J, Song Z, Decuypere E, Everaert N. AMPK is involved in the differential neonatal performance of chicks hatching at different time. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;228:53-59 pubmed publisher..The central and peripheral AMPK in late hatchers exhibited a pattern of higher energy intake and lower energy expenditure, which resulted in a faster post-hatch growth. ..