Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Austria
Publications819 found, 100 shown here
- Hofer D, Paul K, Fantur K, Beck M, Bürger F, Caillaud C, et al. GM1 gangliosidosis and Morquio B disease: expression analysis of missense mutations affecting the catalytic site of acid beta-galactosidase. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1214-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, unlike classical MBD, the phenotype of heterozygotes carrying p.R201H may rather be determined by poorly active, properly transported products of the counter allele than by the mislocalized p.R201H precursors. ..
- Gotsch S, Leschnik M, Duscher G, Burgstaller J, Wille Piazzai W, Joachim A. Ticks and haemoparasites of dogs from Praia, Cape Verde. Vet Parasitol. 2009;166:171-4 pubmed publisher..platys and their vector tick R. sanguineus are endemic to Cape Verde and can be present in dogs in high prevalences. These results outline the risk of importing tropical canine diseases when Capeverdian stray dogs are taken to Europe. ..
- Treml B, Neu N, Kleinsasser A, Gritsch C, Finsterwalder T, Geiger R, et al. Recombinant angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 improves pulmonary blood flow and oxygenation in lipopolysaccharide-induced lung injury in piglets. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:596-601 pubmed publisher..As yet, there is no specific therapy for improving the clinical outcome. Recently, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, which inactivates angiotensin II, has been shown to ameliorate acute lung injury in mice...
- Barton N. Why sex and recombination?. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2009;74:187-95 pubmed publisher..It is clear that the rate of species-wide substitutions is typically far too low to generate appreciable selection for recombination. However, local sweeps within a subdivided population may be effective. ..
- Heinze G, Puhr R. Bias-reduced and separation-proof conditional logistic regression with small or sparse data sets. Stat Med. 2010;29:770-7 pubmed publisher..A SAS program implementing CFL is available at: http://www.muw.ac.at/msi/biometrie/programs...
- Treiblmayr K, Pascual N, Piulachs M, Keller T, Belles X. Juvenile hormone titer versus juvenile hormone synthesis in female nymphs and adults of the German cockroach, Blattella germanica. J Insect Sci. 2006;6:1-7 pubmed publisher..At these stages, the observed disparities between synthesis and titer might be explained by differential action of degradation enzymes...
- Fitch W, Huber L, Bugnyar T. Social cognition and the evolution of language: constructing cognitive phylogenies. Neuron. 2010;65:795-814 pubmed publisher..We emphasize the importance of convergent evolution for testing hypotheses about neural mechanisms and their evolution. ..
- Gáliková M, Flatt T. Dietary restriction and other lifespan extending pathways converge at the activation of the downstream effector takeout. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:387-9 pubmed
- Beretta M, Wölkart G, Schernthaner M, Griesberger M, Neubauer R, Schmidt K, et al. Vascular bioactivation of nitroglycerin is catalyzed by cytosolic aldehyde dehydrogenase-2. Circ Res. 2012;110:385-93 pubmed publisher..Despite having wide implications to GTN pharmacology and raising many questions that are still unresolved, mitochondrial bioactivation of GTN in blood vessels is still lacking experimental support...
- Siller Matula J, Merhi Y, Tanguay J, Duerschmied D, Wagner D, McGinness K, et al. ARC15105 is a potent antagonist of von Willebrand factor mediated platelet activation and adhesion. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:902-9 pubmed publisher..The potency, pharmacokinetic profile, and SC bioavailability of ARC15105 support its clinical investigation for chronic inhibition of von Willeband factor -mediated platelet activation. ..
- ..In this review, cases of rhabdomyolysis with novel recently approved drugs will be explored for new target mechanisms in the light of previously described pathomechanisms...
- Barrett P, Portsmouth D, Ehrlich H. Vero cell culture-derived pandemic influenza vaccines: preclinical and clinical development. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013;12:395-413 pubmed publisher..These Vero cell-derived vaccines are licensed for prepandemic and pandemic use. The Vero platform is also being explored to develop next-generation live-attenuated and recombinant vaccines. ..
- Lemmermeyer T, Lamp B, Schneider R, Ziebuhr J, Tekes G, Thiel H. Characterization of monoclonal antibodies against feline coronavirus accessory protein 7b. Vet Microbiol. 2016;184:11-9 pubmed publisher..We speculate that glycosylation of 7b is part of the viral evasion strategy to prevent an immune response against this antigenic site. ..
- Burkhardt S, Borsos M, Szydlowska A, Godwin J, Williams S, Cohen P, et al. Chromosome Cohesion Established by Rec8-Cohesin in Fetal Oocytes Is Maintained without Detectable Turnover in Oocytes Arrested for Months in Mice. Curr Biol. 2016;26:678-85 pubmed publisher..This implies that women's fertility depends on the longevity of cohesin proteins that established cohesion in utero. ..
- Rea S, Eisenhaber F, O Carroll D, Strahl B, Sun Z, Schmid M, et al. Regulation of chromatin structure by site-specific histone H3 methyltransferases. Nature. 2000;406:593-9 pubmed..Our data reveal a functional interdependence of site-specific H3 tail modifications and suggest a dynamic mechanism for the regulation of higher-order chromatin. ..
- Stoiber H, Kacani L, Speth C, Wurzner R, Dierich M. The supportive role of complement in HIV pathogenesis. Immunol Rev. 2001;180:168-76 pubmed..A complete understanding of these complex interactions of HIV with the complement system opens new perspectives for development of alternative therapeutic strategies. ..
- Niederost B, Oertle T, Fritsche J, McKinney R, Bandtlow C. Nogo-A and myelin-associated glycoprotein mediate neurite growth inhibition by antagonistic regulation of RhoA and Rac1. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10368-76 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that the recently cloned receptor for Nogo-66 and MAG, NgR, is not necessary for either NiG- or MAG-induced RhoA activation. ..
- Nanobashvili J, Prager M, Jozkowicz A, Neumayer C, Fügl A, Blumer R, et al. Positive effect of treatment with synthetic steroid hormone tibolon on intimal hyperplasia and restenosis after experimental endothelial injury of rabbit carotid artery. Eur Surg Res. 2004;36:74-82 pubmed..This positive effect seems to be associated with improved endothelial cell survival resulting possibly in increased NO production. It might be also related to the decrease of VEGF generation. ..
- Bacher I, Zidar A, Kratzel M, Hohenegger M. Channelling of substrate promiscuity of the skeletal-muscle ADP-ribosyl cyclase isoform. Biochem J. 2004;381:147-54 pubmed..These findings allow for the prediction of a novel ADP-ribosyl cyclase isoform in skeletal muscle HSR, other than CD38. Hence the enzymic prerequisite for cADPr- and NAADP-mediated Ca2+ signalling is present. ..
- Trummer M, Komericki P, Kranke B, Aberer W. Anaphylaxis after a Mongolian gerbil bite. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2004;18:634-5 pubmed
- Diallo A. Vaccination for the control of peste des petits ruminants. Dev Biol (Basel). 2004;119:93-8 pubmed
- Mandl C. Steps of the tick-borne encephalitis virus replication cycle that affect neuropathogenesis. Virus Res. 2005;111:161-74 pubmed..The understanding of molecular determinants of TBEV neuropathogenesis is relevant for vaccine development, also against other flaviviruses. ..
- Pollak D, Herkner K, Hoeger H, Lubec G. Behavioral testing upregulates pCaMKII, BDNF, PSD-95 and egr-1 in hippocampus of FVB/N mice. Behav Brain Res. 2005;163:128-35 pubmed..Detection of significantly increased pCaMKII, BDNF, PSD-95 and egr-1 induced by behavioral training at the protein level per se is intriguing and supports the proposed importance of these molecules for neuronal information storage. ..
- Hagemann S, Hammer S. The implications of DNA transposons in the evolution of P elements in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Genomics. 2006;88:572-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that both scenarios are possible and that they reflect different stages of the P-element life cycle. ..
- Noiges R, Stroissnigg H, Trancikova A, Kalny I, Eichinger R, Propst F. Heterotypic complex formation between subunits of microtubule-associated proteins 1A and 1B is due to interaction of conserved domains. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:1011-6 pubmed..By yeast 2-hybrid analysis we located the light chain binding domain on the heavy chain to amino acids 211-508, thereby defining a new functional subdomain. ..
- Ramsauer K, Farlik M, Zupkovitz G, Seiser C, Kröger A, Hauser H, et al. Distinct modes of action applied by transcription factors STAT1 and IRF1 to initiate transcription of the IFN-gamma-inducible gbp2 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2849-54 pubmed
- Schoft V, Schopoff S, Jantsch M. Regulation of glutamate receptor B pre-mRNA splicing by RNA editing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:3723-32 pubmed..Editing of both the Q/R nucleotide and an intronic editing hotspot are required to allow efficient splicing. Inefficient intron removal may ensure that only properly edited mRNAs become spliced and exported to the cytoplasm. ..
- Wölkart G, Pang X, Stessel H, Kirchengast M, Brunner F. Chronic endothelin-A receptor antagonism is as protective as angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition against cardiac dysfunction in diabetic rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;151:1187-97 pubmed..Combining the two treatments neither afforded additive effects, nor diminished any protection effect seen with either drug. ..
- Strasser R, Bondili J, Vavra U, Schoberer J, Svoboda B, Glössl J, et al. A unique beta1,3-galactosyltransferase is indispensable for the biosynthesis of N-glycans containing Lewis a structures in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2278-92 pubmed
- Reischer G, Haider J, Sommer R, Stadler H, Keiblinger K, Hornek R, et al. Quantitative microbial faecal source tracking with sampling guided by hydrological catchment dynamics. Environ Microbiol. 2008;10:2598-608 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the applicability of quantitative microbial source tracking methods and highlights the prerequisite of considering hydrological catchment dynamics in source tracking study design. ..
- Schosser A, Kasper S. The role of pharmacogenetics in the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;24:277-88 pubmed publisher..The current review not only updates pharmacogenetic research in depression but also focuses on antidepressant treatment response in anxiety disorders. ..
- Hoffmann M, Skriner K, Herman S, Baumann C, Steiner C, Ospelt C, et al. Nucleic acid-stimulated antigen-presenting cells trigger T cells to induce disease in a rat transfer model of inflammatory arthritis. J Autoimmun. 2011;36:288-300 pubmed publisher..Our data explain the specific selection of hnRNP-A2/B1 as autoantigen in RA and reveal the requirement of interaction between innate and adaptive immunity to initiate and drive inflammation in autoimmune arthritis. ..
- von Byern J, Wani R, Schwaha T, Grunwald I, Cyran N. Old and sticky-adhesive mechanisms in the living fossil Nautilus pompilius (Mollusca, Cephalopoda). Zoology (Jena). 2012;115:1-11 pubmed publisher..The glue seems to be a viscous carbohydrate gel, as known from another cephalopod species. De-attachment is apparently effectuated mechanically, i.e., by muscle contraction of the adhesive ridges and tentacle retraction. ..
- Chennamsetty I, Claudel T, Kostner K, Trauner M, Kostner G. FGF19 signaling cascade suppresses APOA gene expression. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1220-7 pubmed publisher..These findings provide mechanistic insights into the transcriptional regulation of human APOA by FGF19. Further studies in the human system are required to substantiate our findings and to design therapeutics for hyper lipoprotein(a). ..
- Greistorfer S, Klepal W, Cyran N, Gugumuck A, Rudoll L, Suppan J, et al. Snail mucus - glandular origin and composition in Helix pomatia. Zoology (Jena). 2017;122:126-138 pubmed publisher..While calcium ions are known to play a role in mucus formation, the presence and function of other ions such as potassium still need to be clarified. ..
- Fialka I, Steinlein P, Ahorn H, Bock G, Burbelo P, Haberfellner M, et al. Identification of syntenin as a protein of the apical early endocytic compartment in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26233-9 pubmed..In addition, syntenin colocalized in the apical supranuclear region with Rab5 and Rab11; the latter is a marker for the apical recycling endosomes in MDCK cells. ..
- Esenabhalu V, Cerimagic M, Malli R, Osibow K, Levak Frank S, Frieden M, et al. Tissue-specific expression of human lipoprotein lipase in the vascular system affects vascular reactivity in transgenic mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2002;135:143-54 pubmed..Thus, vascular LPL activity might represent a primary risk factor for atherosclerosis independently from cholesterol/LDL levels. ..
- Rhode S, Grurl R, Brameshuber M, Hermetter A, Schütz G. Plasma membrane fluidity affects transient immobilization of oxidized phospholipids in endocytotic sites for subsequent uptake. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2258-65 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate the relevance of plasma membrane properties for uptake of oxidized phospholipids, and indicate a novel indirect mechanism for the control of endocytosis. ..
- Stoitzner P, Sparber F, Tripp C. Langerhans cells as targets for immunotherapy against skin cancer. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:431-7 pubmed publisher..In this review, we suggest that immunization strategies through the skin could be a promising new approach for the treatment of skin cancer. ..
- Schwarz S, Zhou G, Katki A, Rodbard D. L-homocysteate stimulates [3H]MK-801 binding to the phencyclidine recognition site and is thus an agonist for the N-methyl-D-aspartate-operated cation channel. Neuroscience. 1990;37:193-200 pubmed..6 smaller than that of L-glutamate, the affinity of L-homocysteate for kainate-type excitatory amino acid receptors was approximately four-fold lower than that of L-glutamate.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Benito Moreno R, Miaczynska M, Bauer B, Schweyen R, Ragnini A. Mrs6p, the yeast homologue of the mammalian choroideraemia protein: immunological evidence for its function as the Ypt1p Rab escort protein. Curr Genet. 1994;27:23-5 pubmed..These findings provide direct evidence for the role of Mrs6p as the REP component of the yeast Rab geranylgeranyl transferase enzyme. ..
- Schicho R, Schemann M, Holzer P, Lippe I. Mucosal acid challenge activates nitrergic neurons in myenteric plexus of rat stomach. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G1316-21 pubmed..It is concluded that gastric acid challenge concentration-dependently stimulates a subpopulation of nitrergic, but not cholinergic, myenteric plexus neurons, which may play a role in muscle relaxation, vasodilatation, and/or secretion...
- Stroissnigg H, Repitz M, Miloloza A, Linhartova I, Beug H, Wiche G, et al. FIP-2, an IkappaB-kinase-gamma-related protein, is associated with the Golgi apparatus and translocates to the marginal band during chicken erythroblast differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2002;278:133-45 pubmed..Moreover, our results raise the possibility that the marginal band of chicken erythrocytes, in addition to its role in morphogenesis, has a function in signal transduction and that FIP-2 is in some way involved in its formation. ..
- Windischhofer W, Zach D, Fauler G, Raspotnig G, Köfeler H, Leis H. Involvement of Rho and p38 MAPK in endothelin-1-induced expression of PGHS-2 mRNA in osteoblast-like cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:1774-84 pubmed
- Wadsack C, Hrzenjak A, Hammer A, Hirschmugl B, Levak Frank S, Desoye G, et al. Trophoblast-like human choriocarcinoma cells serve as a suitable in vitro model for selective cholesteryl ester uptake from high density lipoproteins. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:451-62 pubmed..From our findings we propose that JAr and Jeg3 cells serve as a suitable in vitro model to study selective CE-supply to human placental cells. ..
- Greiner E, Spetea M, Krassnig R, Schüllner F, Aceto M, Harris L, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 14-alkoxymorphinans. 18. N-substituted 14-phenylpropyloxymorphinan-6-ones with unanticipated agonist properties: extending the scope of common structure-activity relationships. J Med Chem. 2003;46:1758-63 pubmed..09 nm). ..
- Novatchkova M, Leibbrandt A, Werzowa J, Neubüser A, Eisenhaber F. The STIR-domain superfamily in signal transduction, development and immunity. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:226-9 pubmed..By analogy, we suggest that SEFIR-domain proteins function as signalling components of Toll/IL-1R-similar pathways and that their SEFIR domain mediates physical protein-protein interactions between pathway components. ..
- Bernkop Schnurch A, Kast C, Guggi D. Permeation enhancing polymers in oral delivery of hydrophilic macromolecules: thiomer/GSH systems. J Control Release. 2003;93:95-103 pubmed
- Teufelhofer O, Parzefall W, Kainzbauer E, Ferk F, Freiler C, Knasmuller S, et al. Superoxide generation from Kupffer cells contributes to hepatocarcinogenesis: studies on NADPH oxidase knockout mice. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:319-29 pubmed
- Feistritzer C, Wiedermann C. Effects of anticoagulant strategies on activation of inflammation and coagulation. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2007;7:855-70 pubmed
- Reipert S, Kotisch H, Wysoudil B, Neumüller J. Tubulohelical membrane arrays: novel association of helical structures with intracellular membranes. Cell Biol Int. 2009;33:217-23 pubmed publisher..This should make TUHMAs more easily accessible for future studies on their structure and function. ..
- Hildner F, Peterbauer A, Wolbank S, Nürnberger S, Marlovits S, Redl H, et al. FGF-2 abolishes the chondrogenic effect of combined BMP-6 and TGF-beta in human adipose derived stem cells. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;94:978-87 pubmed publisher..In contrast, FGF-2 does not contribute to differentiation, but rather suppresses the chondrogenic potential of BMP-6. ..
- Claudel T, Zollner G, Wagner M, Trauner M. Role of nuclear receptors for bile acid metabolism, bile secretion, cholestasis, and gallstone disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:867-78 pubmed publisher..Moreover, NRs may represent attractive drug targets for these disorders. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Translating nuclear receptors from health to disease...
- Dahm R, van Marle J, Quinlan R, Prescott A, Vrensen G. Homeostasis in the vertebrate lens: mechanisms of solute exchange. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2011;366:1265-77 pubmed publisher..This micro-circulation is likely restricted to the superficial cortex and nearly absent beyond the zone of organelle loss, forming a solute exchange barrier in the lens. ..
- Monje F, Divisch I, Demit M, Lubec G, Pollak D. Flotillin-1 is an evolutionary-conserved memory-related protein up-regulated in implicit and explicit learning paradigms. Ann Med. 2013;45:301-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, a translational approach-from invertebrates to rodents-led to the identification of Flotillin-1 as evolutionary-conserved memory-related protein. ..
- Kramer E, Scheuringer N, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, Peters J. Mitotic regulation of the APC activator proteins CDC20 and CDH1. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1555-69 pubmed..These mechanisms can explain the temporal order of APC activation by CDC20 and CDH1 and may help to ensure that exit from mitosis is not initiated before anaphase has occurred. ..
- Strasser A, May B, Teltscher A, Wistrela E, Niedermüller H. Immune modulation following immunization with polyvalent vaccines in dogs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2003;94:113-21 pubmed..However, these recognized compromises of immune function should be considered and vaccines still be applied only in healthy animals and strictly according to the rules and regulations given by the manufacturer. ..
- Eriksson U, Ricci R, Hunziker L, Kurrer M, Oudit G, Watts T, et al. Dendritic cell-induced autoimmune heart failure requires cooperation between adaptive and innate immunity. Nat Med. 2003;9:1484-90 pubmed..DC-induced myocarditis provides a unifying theory as to how tissue damage and activation of TLRs during infection can induce autoimmunity, relapses and cardiomyopathy. ..
- Thoeni G, Werner E, Werner Felmayer G. Tetrahydropteridines suppress gene expression and induce apoptosis of activated RAW264.7 cells via formation of hydrogen peroxide. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;37:375-85 pubmed..Thus, extracellular tetrahydropteridines suppress gene expression and induce apoptosis in RAW264.7 cells via hydrogen peroxide formed in the culture medium during autoxidation. ..
- Burger P, Steinborn R, Walzer C, Petit T, Mueller M, Schwarzenberger F. Analysis of the mitochondrial genome of cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus) with neurodegenerative disease. Gene. 2004;338:111-9 pubmed publisher..The amino acid exchanges in the MTND5 gene were not associated with the occurrence of neurodegenerative disease in captive cheetahs...
- Weinhofer I, Forss Petter S, Kunze M, Zigman M, Berger J. X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy mice demonstrate abnormalities in cholesterol metabolism. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5512-6 pubmed..In murine X-ALD fibroblasts, cholesterol-lowering did not normalize VLCFA. Thus, ALDP-deficiency and VLCFA are linked to cholesterol but species differences complicate evaluating cholesterol-lowering drugs in X-ALD mice...
- Zemann B, Kinzel B, Muller M, Reuschel R, Mechtcheriakova D, Urtz N, et al. Sphingosine kinase type 2 is essential for lymphopenia induced by the immunomodulatory drug FTY720. Blood. 2006;107:1454-8 pubmed..After direct dosage of FTY720 phosphate, lymphopenia is only transient in this strain, indicating that SPHK2 is constantly required to maintain FTY720 phosphate levels in vivo. ..
- Reischer G, Kasper D, Steinborn R, Mach R, Farnleitner A. Quantitative PCR method for sensitive detection of ruminant fecal pollution in freshwater and evaluation of this method in alpine karstic regions. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:5610-4 pubmed..The marker was detected in water samples from a karstic catchment area at levels matching a gradient from negligible to considerable ruminant fecal influence (from not detectable to 10(5) marker equivalents per liter)...
- Eckhart L, Fischer H, Tschachler E. Phylogenomics of caspase-activated DNA fragmentation factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:293-9 pubmed
- Tauber E, Dewasthaly S. Japanese encephalitis vaccines--needs, flaws and achievements. Biol Chem. 2008;389:547-50 pubmed..Currently, there is one second-generation inactivated cell-culture-grown vaccine in late-stage clinical development that is approaching licensing in developed countries...
- Gassner M, Ruscheweyh R, Sandkühler J. Direct excitation of spinal GABAergic interneurons by noradrenaline. Pain. 2009;145:204-10 pubmed publisher..Both effects of noradrenaline constitute a synergism in descending inhibition of nociceptive information in the spinal dorsal horn. ..
- Untergasser G, Martowicz A, Hermann M, Töchterle S, Meyer D. Distinct expression patterns of dickkopf genes during late embryonic development of Danio rerio. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:491-500 pubmed publisher..In summary, both dkk3 genes display a unique and distinct expression pattern in late embryonic development, pointing to a specific role during neuronal and pancreatic cell differentiation. ..
- Yasmin S, Alcazar Fuoli L, Gründlinger M, Puempel T, Cairns T, Blatzer M, et al. Mevalonate governs interdependency of ergosterol and siderophore biosyntheses in the fungal pathogen Aspergillus fumigatus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E497-504 pubmed publisher..Concordant with bilateral demand for mevalonate, iron starvation decreased the ergosterol content and composition, a phenotype that is mitigated in TAFC-lacking mutants...
- Budik S, Palm F, Walter I, Helmreich M, Aurich C. Increasing expression of oxytocin and vasopressin receptors in the equine conceptus between Days 10 and 16 of pregnancy. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2012;24:641-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an involvement of OT and AVP action in the development and expansion of the early equine conceptus. ..
- Ivessa N, Rehberg E, Kienzle B, Seif F, Hermann R, Hermann M, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, and hormonal regulation of the chicken microsomal triglyceride transfer protein. Gene. 2013;523:1-9 pubmed publisher..This indicates that MTP is not rate-limiting, even for the massive estrogen-induced secretion of VLDL accompanying an egg-laying cycle. ..
- Attah A, Hellinger R, Sonibare M, Moody J, Arrowsmith S, Wray S, et al. Ethnobotanical survey of Rinorea dentata (Violaceae) used in South-Western Nigerian ethnomedicine and detection of cyclotides. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;179:83-91 pubmed publisher..Cyclotides have been reported in the genus Rinorea confirming the ubiquitous expression of these stable bioactive plant peptides within the family of Violaceae. ..
- Kunze U. The International Scientific Working Group on Tick-Borne Encephalitis (ISW TBE): Review of 17 years of activity and commitment. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2016;7:399-404 pubmed publisher..This paper gives an overview of the most important activities and achievements of the ISW-TBE over the past 17 years. ..
- Hasslacher M, Ivessa A, Paltauf F, Kohlwein S. Acetyl-CoA carboxylase from yeast is an essential enzyme and is regulated by factors that control phospholipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:10946-52 pubmed..The 5'-untranslated region of the ACC1 gene contains a sequence reminiscent of an inositol/choline-responsive element identified in genes encoding phospholipid biosynthetic enzymes. ..
- Kovarik P, Mangold M, Ramsauer K, Heidari H, Steinborn R, Zotter A, et al. Specificity of signaling by STAT1 depends on SH2 and C-terminal domains that regulate Ser727 phosphorylation, differentially affecting specific target gene expression. EMBO J. 2001;20:91-100 pubmed
- Sobanov Y, Bernreiter A, Derdak S, Mechtcheriakova D, Schweighofer B, Düchler M, et al. A novel cluster of lectin-like receptor genes expressed in monocytic, dendritic and endothelial cells maps close to the NK receptor genes in the human NK gene complex. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:3493-503 pubmed..We propose that this family of lectin-like genes encodes receptors with important immune and/or scavenger functions in monocytic, dendritic and endothelial cells. ..
- Lagger G, O Carroll D, Rembold M, Khier H, Tischler J, Weitzer G, et al. Essential function of histone deacetylase 1 in proliferation control and CDK inhibitor repression. EMBO J. 2002;21:2672-81 pubmed..Our study provides the first evidence that a histone deacetylase is essential for unrestricted cell proliferation by repressing the expression of selective cell cycle inhibitors. ..
- Rossmanith W, Chabicovsky M, Grasl Kraupp B, Peter B, Schausberger E, Schulte Hermann R. Follistatin overexpression in rodent liver tumors: a possible mechanism to overcome activin growth control. Mol Carcinog. 2002;35:1-5 pubmed..Overexpression of follistatin may represent a unique strategy of hepatic tumors to overcome the inhibitory action of a growth factor, activin, by decreasing its local bioavailability. ..
- Schuster M, Schmierer B, Shkumatava A, Kuchler K. Activin A and follicle-stimulating hormone control tight junctions in avian granulosa cells by regulating occludin expression. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:1493-9 pubmed..Such a high-capacity transport for yolk components may represent a crucial prerequisite for rapid oocyte growth once follicles have entered the follicular hierarchy. ..
- Moriggl R, Sexl V, Kenner L, Duntsch C, Stangl K, Gingras S, et al. Stat5 tetramer formation is associated with leukemogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:87-99 pubmed..In addition, Stat5 tetramers were found to accumulate in excess compared to dimers in various human leukemias. These data suggest that Stat5 tetramers are associated with leukemogenesis. ..
- Besemer J, Harant H, Wang S, Oberhauser B, Marquardt K, Foster C, et al. Selective inhibition of cotranslational translocation of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1. Nature. 2005;436:290-3 pubmed..In addition, they highlight cotranslational translocation at the ER membrane as a potential target for drug discovery. ..
- Wultsch T, Painsipp E, Thoeringer C, Herzog H, Sperk G, Holzer P. Endogenous neuropeptide Y depresses the afferent signaling of gastric acid challenge to the mouse brainstem via neuropeptide Y type Y2 and Y4 receptors. Neuroscience. 2005;136:1097-107 pubmed..Endogenous neuropeptide Y acting via Y2 and Y4 receptors depresses the afferent input to the nucleus tractus solitarii by a presumably central site of action...
- Schindl R, Frischauf I, Kahr H, Fritsch R, Krenn M, Derndl A, et al. The first ankyrin-like repeat is the minimum indispensable key structure for functional assembly of homo- and heteromeric TRPC4/TRPC5 channels. Cell Calcium. 2008;43:260-9 pubmed..Moreover a TRPC5 mutant that lacked the first ankyrin-like repeat was unable to homo-multimerise, failed to interact with wild-type TRPC5 and resulted in non-functional channels. ..