Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Argentina
Publications1002 found, 100 shown here
- Koch O, Fusco S, Ranieri S, Maulucci G, Palozza P, Larocca L, et al. Role of the life span determinant P66(shcA) in ethanol-induced liver damage. Lab Invest. 2008;88:750-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the above observations clearly indicate a role for p66 in alcohol-induced cell damage, likely via a cell-autonomous mechanism involving reduced expression of antioxidant defenses and mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Sendra V, Zlocowski N, Ditamo Y, Copioli S, Tarp M, Bennett E, et al. Glycan bioengineering in immunogen design for tumor T antigen immunotargeting. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:3445-53 pubmed publisher..These results show that TFD bioengineering is a useful immunogenic strategy with potential application in cancer therapy. The same approach can be extended to other glycan immunogens for immunotargeting purposes. ..
- Lentz E, Segretin M, Morgenfeld M, Wirth S, Dus Santos M, Mozgovoj M, et al. High expression level of a foot and mouth disease virus epitope in tobacco transplastomic plants. Planta. 2010;231:387-95 pubmed publisher..These results show that transplastomic tobacco express efficiently the recombinant protein, and we conclude that this technology allows the production of large quantities of immunogenic proteins...
- Escobar G, Boeri E, Ayala S, Lucero N. The feasibility of using antigens prepared with rough Brucella strains for diagnosis of canine brucellosis. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2010;42:35-40 pubmed publisher..RSAT is a very sensitive screening test and IELISA-B. canis, B. ovis and B. abortus RB51 could be used as confirmatory tests, since they show good specificity and sensitivity...
- Calcaterra N, Armas P, Weiner A, Borgognone M. CNBP: a multifunctional nucleic acid chaperone involved in cell death and proliferation control. IUBMB Life. 2010;62:707-14 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the involvement of CNBP in vertebrate craniofacial development and human DM2 and sIBM diseases, as well as on the biochemical and structural features of CNBP and its cellular and molecular mechanism of action. ..
- Toloza A, Zygadlo J, Biurrun F, Rotman A, Picollo M. Bioactivity of Argentinean essential oils against permethrin-resistant head lice, Pediculus humanus capitis. J Insect Sci. 2010;10:185 pubmed publisher..09; respectively. The results indicate that these essential oils are effective and could be incorporated into pediculicide formulations to control head lice infestations once proper formulation and toxicological tests are performed. ..
- Zucchetti A, Barosso I, Boaglio A, Pellegrino J, Ochoa E, Roma M, et al. Prevention of estradiol 17beta-D-glucuronide-induced canalicular transporter internalization by hormonal modulation of cAMP in rat hepatocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3902-15 pubmed publisher..Anticholestatic effects of glucagon and salbutamol were additive in nature. Our results show that increases in cAMP could activate different anticholestatic signaling pathways, depending on the hormonal mediator involved...
- Sandes E, Lodillinsky C, Langle Y, Belgorosky D, Marino L, Gimenez L, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase and PPAR? are involved in bladder cancer progression. J Urol. 2012;188:967-73 pubmed publisher..However, regulation is lost at advanced tumor stages, when the increase in inducible nitric oxide synthase and the decrease in PPAR? seem to be associated with bladder cancer progression. ..
- Alvarez Paggi D, Castro M, Tórtora V, Castro L, Radi R, Murgida D. Electrostatically driven second-sphere ligand switch between high and low reorganization energy forms of native cytochrome c. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:4389-97 pubmed publisher..We propose that interactions of Cyt with the natural redox partner proteins activate a similar mechanism to minimize the reorganization energy of interprotein electron transfer. ..
- Pacheco Marino S, Cabello M, Dinolfo M, Stenglein S, Saparrat M, SalibiÃ¡n A. Pathogenic ability and saline stress tolerance of two Fusarium isolates from Odontesthes bonariensis eggs. Rev Iberoam Micol. 2016;33:13-20 pubmed publisher..The isolates LPSC 1001 (FIESC) and 1002 (FSSC) were identified as fungal pathogens to O. bonariensis eggs. The use of NaCl solutions as antifungal treatment was not effective to control the infection with these strains. ..
- Perez A, Altube M, Schilrreff P, Apezteguia G, Celes F, Zacchino S, et al. Topical amphotericin B in ultradeformable liposomes: Formulation, skin penetration study, antifungal and antileishmanial activity in vitro. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;139:190-8 pubmed publisher..Because of that, topical treatments of cutaneous fungal infection and leishmaniasis with AmB-UDL may be regarded of potential of clinical significance. ..
- Elia J, Aoki A, Maldonado C. Response of bronchiolar Clara cells induced by a domestic insecticide. Analysis of CC10 kDa protein content. Histochem Cell Biol. 2000;113:125-33 pubmed..By contrast, exposure for 5 days provoked a general inhibitory effect on Clara cell activity with the loss of cell capability to synthesize and secrete CC10 kDa protein. ..
- Garcia B, Moriyama E, Powell J. Mitochondrial DNA sequences of triatomines (Hemiptera: Reduviidae): phylogenetic relationships. J Med Entomol. 2001;38:675-83 pubmed..mazzottii. This is consistent with the tentative classification previously made based on morphological characters. The issue of the monophyly of the genus Triatoma remains unresolved. ..
- Cochón A, González N, San Martín de Viale L. Effects of the porphyrinogenic compounds hexachlorobenzene and 3,5-diethoxycarbonyl-1,4-dihydrocollidine on polyamine metabolism. Toxicology. 2002;176:209-19 pubmed..It is suggested that DDC-induced increase in ODC activity and putrescine levels may be an early event contributing to alter the cytoskeleton. ..
- Larrieu E, Del Carpio M, Salvitti J, Mercapide C, Sustersic J, Panomarenko H, et al. Ultrasonographic diagnosis and medical treatment of human cystic echinococcosis in asymptomatic school age carriers: 5 years of follow-up. Acta Trop. 2004;91:5-13 pubmed..In this study, conventional surgery, was applied to 10% of detected cases. The combination of ultrasonographic screening and albendazol treatment showed promising results. ..
- Toblli J, Cao G, Derosa G, Forcada P. Reduced cardiac expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and transforming growth factor beta1 in obese Zucker rats by perindopril. Heart. 2005;91:80-6 pubmed..59 (0.13) v 1.40 (0.15) p < 0.01) compared with untreated OZR. These results suggest that perindopril reduces cardiac PAI-1 and TGFbeta1 and ameliorates cardiac fibrosis in a rat model with multiple cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- Rodríguez E, Medesani D, Fingerman M. Endocrine disruption in crustaceans due to pollutants: a review. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2007;146:661-71 pubmed..The ecological relevance of EDCs on crustaceans is discussed, mainly in relation to the identification of useful biomarkers and sentinel species. New experimental approaches are also proposed. ..
- Fainboim L, Cherñavsky A, Paladino N, Flores A, Arruvito L. Cytokines and chronic liver disease. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2007;18:143-57 pubmed..In each case we analyzed the impact of different cytokines in the clinical outcome of the different pathological situations. ..
- Candela A, Picasso M. Functional anatomy of the limbs of erethizontidae (Rodentia, Caviomorpha): Indicators of locomotor behavior in Miocene porcupines. J Morphol. 2008;269:552-93 pubmed..Steiromys duplicatus would have been a semiarboreal dweller, resembling Erethizon dorsatum...
- Tropea C, Hermida G, López Greco L. Effects of androgenic gland ablation on growth and reproductive parameters of Cherax quadricarinatus males (Parastacidae, Decapoda). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;174:211-8 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in the present study support and complement those from intersexes of the same species...
- Lipovsek M, Im G, Franchini L, Pisciottano F, Katz E, Fuchs P, et al. Phylogenetic differences in calcium permeability of the auditory hair cell cholinergic nicotinic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4308-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that high Ca(2+) permeability of the ?9?10 cholinergic nicotinic receptor might have evolved together with other features that have given the mammalian ear an expanded high-frequency sensitivity...
- Vilte D, Larzabal M, Mayr U, Garbaccio S, Gammella M, Rabinovitz B, et al. A systemic vaccine based on Escherichia coli O157:H7 bacterial ghosts (BGs) reduces the excretion of E. coli O157:H7 in calves. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2012;146:169-76 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that systemic vaccination with E. coli O157 BGs provides protection in a bovine experimental model. Further research is needed to reach a higher mucosal immune response leading to an optimal vaccine. ..
- Gallardo A, Picollo M, Gonzalez Audino P, Mougabure Cueto G. Insecticidal activity of individual and mixed monoterpenoids of geranium essential oil against Pediculus humanus capitis (Phthiraptera: Pediculidae). J Med Entomol. 2012;49:332-5 pubmed..The knowledge of the role of each constituent in the toxicity of the whole oil gives the possibility to create artificial blends of different constituents for the development of more effective control agents...
- Morales E, Krapf D, Botta P, Cabada M, Arranz S. ?-hexosaminidase from Xenopus laevis eggs and oocytes: from gene to immunochemical characterization. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3709-20 pubmed publisher..This finding denotes an evolutionary divergence with mammals, where ? and ? Hex subunits are synthesized from different genes on different chromosomes. ..
- Bevacqua R, Canel N, Hiriart M, Sipowicz P, Rozenblum G, Vitullo A, et al. Simple gene transfer technique based on I-SceI meganuclease and cytoplasmic injection in IVF bovine embryos. Theriogenology. 2013;80:104-13.e1-29 pubmed publisher..In addition, transgene copy number was numerically higher for the group treated with pIS plus I-SceI compared with pIS alone. In conclusion, I-SceI gene transfer increased transgene signals in bovine embryos. ..
- Villordo S, Gamarnik A. Differential RNA sequence requirement for dengue virus replication in mosquito and mammalian cells. J Virol. 2013;87:9365-72 pubmed publisher..This is the first sequence identified in a flavivirus genome that is exclusively required for viral replication in insect cells. ..
- Anzoise M, Marrassini C, Ferraro G, Gorzalczany S. Hydroalcoholic extract of Urtica circularis: a neuropharmacological profile. Pharm Biol. 2013;51:1236-42 pubmed publisher..This study revealed that U. circularis hydroalcoholic extract possesses sedative activity, facilitating GABAergic and cholinergic transmission. ..
- Quiroga R, Trenchi A, González Montoro A, Valdez Taubas J, Maccioni H. Short transmembrane domains with high-volume exoplasmic halves determine retention of Type II membrane proteins in the Golgi complex. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5344-9 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that the shape of the exoplasmic hemi-TMD, in addition to the length of the entire TMD, determine retention in the Golgi or exit to the plasma membrane of Type II membrane proteins. ..
- Ojeda D, López Costa J, Sede M, López E, Berría M, Quarleri J. Increased in vitro glial fibrillary acidic protein expression, telomerase activity, and telomere length after productive human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection in murine astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2014;92:267-74 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms involved in HIV-mediated persistence by altering the telomere-related aging processes could aid in the development of therapeutic modalities for neurological complications of HIV infection...
- Irigoitia M, Braicovich P, Farber M, Timi J. Morphological and molecular evidence for a new species of Pseudanisakis Layman & Borovkova, 1926 (Nematoda: Ascaridida), parasitizing Rajiformes in southern Southwest Atlantic waters. Parasitol Res. 2017;116:1989-1999 pubmed publisher..3) lay within the range of intraspecific variation. Previous records of specimens referred to as Pseudanisakis tricupola in skates from South American waters are regarded as conspecific with P. argentinensis n. sp. ..
- Polo C, Vazquez E, Gerez E, Caballero F, Batlle A. STZ-induced diabetes in mice and heme pathway enzymes. Effect of allylisopropylacetamide and alpha-tocopherol. Chem Biol Interact. 1995;95:327-34 pubmed..The potential use of alpha-tocopherol to prevent late complications of diabetes, including the onset of a porphyria like syndrome is considered...
- Riobo N, Melani M, Sanjuan N, Fiszman M, Gravielle M, Carreras M, et al. The modulation of mitochondrial nitric-oxide synthase activity in rat brain development. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42447-55 pubmed..Altogether, these findings support the notion that a coordinated modulation of mtNOS and Mn-superoxide dismutase contributes to establish the rat brain redox status and participate in the normal physiology of brain development. ..
- Diaz Sylvester P, Lopez R, Ubios A, Cabrini R. Exposure to subcutaneously implanted uranium dioxide impairs bone formation. Arch Environ Health. 2002;57:320-5 pubmed..This is the first study to report bone damage resulting from continuous, nonlethal exposure to an insoluble compound of uranium dioxide over a period of 30 days. ..
- Lavigne M, Castro M, Andino J, Manghi M. Alternative diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough immunization schedule to evoke a Th2 tetanus and a Th1 pertussis immune response. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:481-4 pubmed..Our findings provide direct evidence that an immunization protocol with an interval of 14 days between DT and Pw primings, followed by DTPa boosters, can induce appropriate immune responses against DTP vaccine antigens. ..
- Viaggi M, Dagrosa M, Longhino J, Blaumann H, Calzetta O, Kahl S, et al. Boron neutron capture therapy for undifferentiated thyroid carcinoma: preliminary results with the combined use of BPA and BOPP. Appl Radiat Isot. 2004;61:905-9 pubmed..Two groups of mice received different total absorbed doses: 3.00 and 6.01 Gy, but no further improvement in the outcome was found compared to the previous results using BPA alone (4.3 Gy). ..
- Machiavelli L, Poliandri A, Quinteros F, Cabilla J, Duvilanski B. Reactive oxygen species are key mediators of the nitric oxide apoptotic pathway in anterior pituitary cells. Nitric Oxide. 2007;16:237-46 pubmed..GPx activity and GSH level augment in response to the oxidative damage, though this increase seems not to be enough to rescue the cells from the NO effect. ..
- Alvarez D, Lodeiro M, Filomatori C, Fucito S, Mondotte J, Gamarnik A. Structural and functional analysis of dengue virus RNA. Novartis Found Symp. 2006;277:120-32; discussion 132-5, 251-3 pubmed..Furthermore, a systematic mutational analysis of UAR sequences indicated that, beside the role in RNA cyclization, specific nucleotides within UAR are also important for efficient RNA synthesis...
- Talevi A, Prieto J, Bruno Blanch L, Castro E. New similarity-based algorithm and its application to classification of anticonvulsant compounds. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2007;22:253-65 pubmed..The proposed model may then be useful in the identification of new anticonvulsant agents through virtual screening of large virtual libraries of chemical structures. ..
- Zanetti F, Berinstein A, Carrillo E. Effect of host selective pressure on Newcastle disease virus virulence. Microb Pathog. 2008;44:135-40 pubmed..Nucleotide changes in the F protein cleavage site amino acid sequence and in the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase protein sequence are reported...
- Frick L, Palumbo M, Zappia M, Brocco M, Cremaschi G, Genaro A. Inhibitory effect of fluoxetine on lymphoma growth through the modulation of antitumor T-cell response by serotonin-dependent and independent mechanisms. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:1817-26 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate, for the first time, that fluoxetine inhibits tumor growth through modulation of T-cell-mediated immunity by the already known serotonin-dependent pathway and by a novel independent mechanism. ..
- Pasquevich K, Estein S, García Samartino C, Samartino C, Zwerdling A, Coria L, et al. Immunization with recombinant Brucella species outer membrane protein Omp16 or Omp19 in adjuvant induces specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells as well as systemic and oral protection against Brucella abortus infection. Infect Immun. 2009;77:436-45 pubmed publisher..Overall these results indicate that U-Omp16 or U-Omp19 would be a useful candidate for a subunit vaccine against human and animal brucellosis. ..
- Vilcaes A, Furlan G, Roth G. Inhibition of Ca(2+)-dependent glutamate release from cerebral cortex synaptosomes of rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neurochem. 2009;108:881-90 pubmed..Moreover, they suggest an alteration in the metabolism of proteins involved in the vesicular glutamate release more than a deregulation in the influx of cytosolic Ca(2+). ..
- Garay L, Gonzalez Deniselle M, Meyer M, Costa J, Lima A, Roig P, et al. Protective effects of progesterone administration on axonal pathology in mice with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Brain Res. 2009;1283:177-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, progesterone also exerts protective effects on the axonal pathology developing in EAE mice. ..
- Rey Funes M, Ibarra M, Dorfman V, Serrano J, Fernández A, Martinez Murillo R, et al. Hypothermia prevents nitric oxide system changes in retina induced by severe perinatal asphyxia. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:729-43 pubmed publisher..HYP prevented all the changes observed in PA rats. Although the NO system displays changes induced by hypoxia-ischemia, hypothermia application shows a strong protective effect...
- Gualdesi M, Briñón M, Quevedo M. Intestinal permeability of lamivudine (3TC) and two novel 3TC prodrugs. Experimental and theoretical analyses. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;47:965-78 pubmed publisher..The results also highlight the potential of combining experimental and theoretical studies in the design of 3TC prodrugs with enhanced intestinal permeation properties. ..
- Cintia P, Leonardo M, Israel O, Andrea S, Beatriz V, Elena D. Superoxide Dismutase Activity, Hydrogen Peroxide Steady-State Concentration, and Bactericidal and Phagocytic Activities Against Moraxella bovis, in Neutrophils Isolated from Copper-Deficient Bovines. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;171:94-100 pubmed publisher..Therefore, additional research to explain these results is merited to fully characterize the consequences of Cu status on the risk for infections under field conditions. ..
- Cuenya L, Sabariego M, Donaire R, Callejas Aguilera J, Torres C, FernÃ¡ndez Teruel A. Exploration of a novel object in late adolescence predicts novelty-seeking behavior in adulthood: Associations among behavioral responses in four novelty-seeking tests. Behav Processes. 2016;125:34-42 pubmed publisher..Present results show consistent behavioral associations across four novelty-seeking tests and suggest that late adolescent novelty seeking predicts this genetically-influenced temperamental trait in adult Roman rats. ..
- Ferrari C, Carmanchahi P, Aldana Marcos H, Affanni J. Ultrastructural characterisation of the olfactory mucosa of the armadillo Dasypus hybridus (Dasypodidae, Xenarthra). J Anat. 2000;196 ( Pt 2):269-78 pubmed..These organelles suggest the presence of an endocytotic system. Duct cells of Bowman's glands exhibit secretory activities. Bowman's glands are compound-branched tubulo-acinar mixed glands with merocrine secretory mechanisms...
- Marinelli R, Tietz P, Caride A, Huang B, Larusso N. Water transporting properties of hepatocyte basolateral and canalicular plasma membrane domains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43157-62 pubmed..These data suggest a molecular mechanism for the efficient coupling of osmotically active solutes and water transport during canalicular bile formation...
- Candolfi M, Jaita G, Zaldivar V, Zárate S, Pisera D, Seilicovich A. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced nitric oxide restrains the apoptotic response of anterior pituitary cells. Neuroendocrinology. 2004;80:83-91 pubmed..Endogenous NO may restrain rather than mediate the proapoptotic effect of TNF-alpha in anterior pituitary cells. ..
- Sommerfelt I, Cardillo N, Lopez C, Ribicich M, Gallo C, Franco A. Prevalence of Toxocara cati and other parasites in cats' faeces collected from the open spaces of public institutions: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vet Parasitol. 2006;140:296-301 pubmed..075-0.254). The cat population that inhabits these public green spaces contaminates the environment, thus transforming them into dangerous spaces with a variable rate for the human population that spends time in these places...
- Albarellos G, Ambros L, Landoni M. Pharmacokinetics of ceftazidime after intravenous and intramuscular administration to domestic cats. Vet J. 2008;178:238-43 pubmed..coli ranged from 0.0625 to 32 microg/mL and for Staphylococcus spp. from 1 to 64 microg/mL. T>MIC was in the range 35-52% (IV) and 48-72% (IM) of the recommended dosing interval (8-12h) for bacteria with a MIC(90)4 microg/mL. ..
- Llovera R, de Tullio M, Alonso L, Leissring M, Kaufman S, Roher A, et al. The catalytic domain of insulin-degrading enzyme forms a denaturant-resistant complex with amyloid beta peptide: implications for Alzheimer disease pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17039-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results are suggestive of an unprecedented mechanism of conformation-dependent substrate binding that may perturb Abeta clearance, insulin turnover, and promote AD pathogenesis. ..
- Palma A, Muchnik S, Losavio A. Excitatory effect of the A2A adenosine receptor agonist CGS-21680 on spontaneous and K+-evoked acetylcholine release at the mouse neuromuscular junction. Neuroscience. 2011;172:164-76 pubmed publisher..In both cases, Ca2+ released from the endoplasmic reticulum would be capable of activating the exocytotic machinery, thus producing facilitation of ACh release. ..
- Sülsen V, Frank F, Cazorla S, Barrera P, Freixa B, Vila R, et al. Psilostachyin C: a natural compound with trypanocidal activity. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2011;37:536-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, psilostachyin C inhibited the growth of Leishmania mexicana and Leishmania amazonensis promastigotes (IC(50)=1.2 ?g/mL and 1.5 ?g/mL, respectively). ..
- Lomniczi A, Mastronardi C, Faletti A, Seilicovich A, De Laurentiis A, McCann S, et al. Inhibitory pathways and the inhibition of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone release by alcohol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:2337-42 pubmed
- Chludil H, Muniain C, Seldes A, Maier M. Cytotoxic and antifungal triterpene glycosides from the Patagonian sea cucumber Hemoiedema spectabilis. J Nat Prod. 2002;65:860-5 pubmed..Glycosides 1 and 2 exhibit considerable antifungal activity against the phytopathogenic fungus Cladosporium cucumerinum, while the semisynthetic desulfated derivative 1a is less active...
- Colombo P, Pensel S, Isabel R. Chromosomal polymorphism, morphometric traits and mating success in Leptysma argentina Bruner (Orthoptera). Genetica. 2004;121:25-31 pubmed..The male sexual selection study agrees with previous results, showing the importance of the third pair of legs in male mating success among grasshoppers...
- Manuele M, Ferraro G, Barreiro Arcos M, Lopez P, Cremaschi G, Anesini C. Comparative immunomodulatory effect of scopoletin on tumoral and normal lymphocytes. Life Sci. 2006;79:2043-8 pubmed..86+/-0.08); this stimulatory action was found to be due to the interaction with kinase C (PKC) protein. These results indicate that scopoletin could be a potential antitumoral compound to be used for cancer treatment. ..
- Dolcini G, Solana M, Andreani G, Celentano A, Parodi L, Donato A, et al. Trypanosoma cruzi (Chagas' disease agent) reduces HIV-1 replication in human placenta. Retrovirology. 2008;5:53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, coinfection with T. cruzi may have a deleterious effect on HIV-1 transduction and thus could play an important role in viral outcome at the placental level. ..
- Crespo P, Silvestre D, Gil G, Maccioni H, Daniotti J, Caputto B. c-Fos activates glucosylceramide synthase and glycolipid synthesis in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31163-71 pubmed publisher..This strict regulation assures that lipid metabolism activation will occur as a response to cell requirements thus pointing to c-Fos as an important regulator of key membrane metabolisms in membrane biogenesis-demanding processes. ..
- Paladino N, Leone M, Plano S, Golombek D. Paying the circadian toll: the circadian response to LPS injection is dependent on the Toll-like receptor 4. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;225:62-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that LPS-induced circadian responses are mediated by TLR4. ..
- Troncoso M, Cuello Carrión F, Guiñazu E, Fanelli M, Montt Guevara M, Cabrini R, et al. Expression of NHERF1 in colonic tumors induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine in rats is independent of plasma ovarian steroids. Horm Cancer. 2011;2:214-23 pubmed publisher..Non-estrogenic factors in plasma or the tumor microenvironment may regulate NHERF1 expression in transformed colon epithelial cells. Further studies are required to understand the regulation of NHERF1 expression in colon cancer tissue. ..
- Guazzone V, Jacobo P, Denduchis B, Lustig L. Expression of cell adhesion molecules, chemokines and chemokine receptors involved in leukocyte traffic in rats undergoing autoimmune orchitis. Reproduction. 2012;143:651-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that cell adhesion molecules, in conjunction with chemokines, contribute to the formation of a chemotactic gradient within the testis, causing the leukocyte infiltration characteristic of EAO histopathology. ..
- Maroniche G, Mongelli V, Llauger G, Alfonso V, Taboga O, del Vas M. In vivo subcellular localization of Mal de Río Cuarto virus (MRCV) non-structural proteins in insect cells reveals their putative functions. Virology. 2012;430:81-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, P9-2 was N-glycosylated and located at the plasma membrane in association with filopodia-like protrusions containing actin, suggesting a possible role in virus cell-to-cell movement and spread. ..
- Aisemberg J, Bariani M, Vercelli C, Wolfson M, Franchi A. Lipopolysaccharide-induced murine embryonic resorption involves nitric oxide-mediated inhibition of the NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase. Reproduction. 2012;144:447-54 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that LPS and nitric oxide promote a decrease in the ability of the uterus for PG catabolism during bacterially triggered pregnancy loss in mice. ..
- Degiuseppe J, Beltramino J, Millan A, Stupka J, Parra G. Complete genome analyses of G4P rotavirus detected in Argentinean children with diarrhoea provides evidence of interspecies transmission from swine. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013;19:E367-71 pubmed publisher..This study expands our knowledge of G4 rotavirus and reinforces the use of complete genome analyses as a key tool for diversity and evolution mechanicisms. ..
- GoffrÃ© D, Folgarait P. Purpureocillium lilacinum, potential agent for biological control of the leaf-cutting ant Acromyrmex lundii. J Invertebr Pathol. 2015;130:107-15 pubmed publisher..lilacinum. CL50 value was 2.8Ã—10(5)conidiaml(-1). We thus propose the use of P. lilacinum as a biological control agent of leafcutter ants in crops and plantations. ..
- Ahmad A, Negri I, Oliveira W, Brown C, Asiimwe P, Sammons B, et al. Transportable data from non-target arthropod field studies for the environmental risk assessment of genetically modified maize expressing an insecticidal double-stranded RNA. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:1-17 pubmed publisher..Results from this study support a conclusion of no adverse environmental impact of MON 87411 on NTAs compared to conventional maize and demonstrate the utility of relevant transportable data across regions for the ERA of GM crops. ..
- Gadenne C, Barrozo R, Anton S. Plasticity in Insect Olfaction: To Smell or Not to Smell?. Annu Rev Entomol. 2016;61:317-33 pubmed publisher..We describe forms of olfactory plasticity that have contributed to the evolutionary success of insects and have provided them with remarkable tools to adapt to their ever-changing environment. ..
- Maldera J, Vasen G, Ernesto J, Weigel Muñoz M, Cohen D, Cuasnicu P. Evidence for the involvement of zinc in the association of CRISP1 with rat sperm during epididymal maturation. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:503-10 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results support the involvement of CRISP1-Zn(2+) complexes in the association of the loosely bound population of CRISP1 with sperm during epididymal maturation. ..
- Sfara V, Mougabure Cueto G, Zerba E, Alzogaray R. Adaptation of the repellency response to DEET in Rhodnius prolixus. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1431-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that exposure to DEET produces adaptation in R. prolixus nymphs, and that the behavioural response elicited by DEET occurs via olfaction when no other stimuli are present. ..
- Giusto A, Somma L, Ferrari L. Cadmium toxicity assessment in juveniles of the Austral South America amphipod Hyalella curvispina. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;79:163-169 pubmed publisher..curvispina are sensitive to cadmium concentrations expected in their environment and thus confirm their importance as test organisms for ecotoxicity assessment in water bodies within the distribution area of the species. ..
- Coullery R, Ferrari M, Rosso S. Neuronal development and axon growth are altered by glyphosate through a WNT non-canonical signaling pathway. Neurotoxicology. 2016;52:150-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings highlight the importance of establishing rigorous control on the use of glyphosate-based herbicides in order to protect mammals' health. ..
- Wachsman M, Lopez E, Ramirez J, Galagovsky L, Coto C. Antiviral effect of brassinosteroids against herpes virus and arenaviruses. Antivir Chem Chemother. 2000;11:71-7 pubmed
- Castilla V, Palermo L, Coto C. Involvement of vacuolar proton ATPase in Junin virus multiplication. Arch Virol. 2001;146:251-63 pubmed..The results confirm that JV enters into the cell through the endocytic pathway as previously suggested by using lysosomotropic compounds...
- Cecere M, Gurtler R, Canale D, Chuit R, Cohen J. Effects of partial housing improvement and insecticide spraying on the reinfestation dynamics of Triatoma infestans in rural northwestern Argentina. Acta Trop. 2002;84:101-16 pubmed..infestans from the study area or increase the effectiveness of careful chemical control. ..
- Sugai E, Cherñavsky A, Pedreira S, Smecuol E, Vazquez H, Niveloni S, et al. Bone-specific antibodies in sera from patients with celiac disease: characterization and implications in osteoporosis. J Clin Immunol. 2002;22:353-62 pubmed
- Nagashima A, Giacomini D, Castro C, Pereda M, Renner U, Stalla G, et al. Transcriptional regulation of interleukin-6 in pituitary folliculo-stellate TtT/GF cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;201:47-56 pubmed..The regulatory elements involved in IL-6 transcription in TtT/GF FS cells contribute to understand the specificity of the anterior pituitary gland paracrine pathways...
- Ferraris J, Radl D, Zárate S, Jaita G, Eijo G, Zaldivar V, et al. N-terminal prolactin-derived fragments, vasoinhibins, are proapoptoptic and antiproliferative in the anterior pituitary. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21806 pubmed publisher..The antiproliferative and estradiol-dependent proapoptotic actions of this vasoinhibin may be involved in the control of anterior pituitary cell renewal. ..
- Di Ianni M, Enrique A, Palestro P, Gavernet L, Talevi A, Bruno Blanch L. Several new diverse anticonvulsant agents discovered in a virtual screening campaign aimed at novel antiepileptic drugs to treat refractory epilepsy. J Chem Inf Model. 2012;52:3325-30 pubmed publisher..In the light of the results, 10 structurally diverse compounds were acquired and tested in animal models of seizure and the rotorod test. All 10 candidates showed some level of protection against MES test. ..