Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on analysis of variance in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: analysis of variance
Publications530 found, 100 shown here
- Hartman T, Wengenack T, Poduslo J, van Deursen J. Mutant mice with small amounts of BubR1 display accelerated age-related gliosis. Neurobiol Aging. 2007;28:921-7 pubmed..Levels of both GFAP and CD11b further increased with age. Our results demonstrate that BubR1 acts to prevent cerebral gliosis of both astrocytes and microglial cells, and suggest a role for BubR1 in the aging process of the brain. ..
- Togo F, Cherniack N, Natelson B. Electroencephalogram characteristics of autonomic arousals during sleep in healthy men. Clin Neurophysiol. 2006;117:2597-603 pubmed..Thus, changes in HR may be useful index of arousal. These brief bursts of tachycardia-bradycardia are consistent with autonomic arousal. Such a measure may be among the first in a continuum of arousal ending with frank awakening. ..
- Sun K, Metzger D. Inhibition of pulmonary antibacterial defense by interferon-gamma during recovery from influenza infection. Nat Med. 2008;14:558-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, IFN-gamma, although probably facilitating induction of specific anti-influenza adaptive immunity, suppresses innate protection against extracellular bacterial pathogens in the lung. ..
- Gallagher A, Panciera D. Effects and safety of iopanoic acid in cats administered levothyroxine. J Feline Med Surg. 2009;11:69-75 pubmed publisher..The effect of iopanoic acid on clinical signs of hyperthyroidism was less apparent. Further clinical studies evaluating the long-term effect in cats with spontaneous hyperthyroidism are warranted. ..
- Reisman S, Yeager R, Yamamoto M, Klaassen C. Increased Nrf2 activation in livers from Keap1-knockdown mice increases expression of cytoprotective genes that detoxify electrophiles more than those that detoxify reactive oxygen species. Toxicol Sci. 2009;108:35-47 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggests that increased activation of hepatic Nrf2 is more important for the detoxification and elimination of electrophiles than reactive oxygen species. ..
- Bennett A, Bever J. Trade-offs between arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal competitive ability and host growth promotion in Plantago lanceolata. Oecologia. 2009;160:807-16 pubmed publisher..We found a similar pattern in a previous test of competition among AM fungi, and we discuss the implications of these results for the persistence of the mutualism and feedbacks between AM fungi and their plant hosts. ..
- Zhou Q, Price D, Caudle R, Verne G. Spinal NMDA NR1 subunit expression following transient TNBS colitis. Brain Res. 2009;1279:109-20 pubmed publisher..The recombination of NR1 splice variants may serve as a key functional protein that maintains hypersensitivity following resolution of TNBS colitis. ..
- Tremere L, Jeong J, Pinaud R. Estradiol shapes auditory processing in the adult brain by regulating inhibitory transmission and plasticity-associated gene expression. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5949-63 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal acute and rapid nongenomic functions for estradiol in central auditory physiology and suggest that such roles may be ubiquitously expressed across sensory systems. ..
- Uys J, Grey A, Wiggins A, Schwacke J, Schey K, Kalivas P. Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization tissue profiling of secretoneurin in the nucleus accumbens shell from cocaine-sensitized rats. J Mass Spectrom. 2010;45:97-103 pubmed publisher..In addition, the distribution of m/z 3653 in the nucleus accumbens was determined by MALDI tissue imaging, and the increased expression of its precursor protein, secretogranin II, was verified by immunoblotting. ..
- Curley M, Ferrigno M, Lovrincevic M, Wylegala J, Lundgren C. Extending submarine crew survival by reducing CO2 production with quickly reversible sedation. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2010;81:537-44 pubmed..Reversible sedation to lower crew metabolism in a disabled submarine may be effective, safe, and practical. ..
- Ramirez Navarro A, Glazebrook P, Kane Sutton M, Padro C, Kline D, Kunze D. Kv1.3 channels regulate synaptic transmission in the nucleus of solitary tract. J Neurophysiol. 2011;105:2772-80 pubmed publisher..3 regulates the duration of the action potential in the presynaptic terminal of C fibers, limiting transmitter release to the postsynaptic cell. ..
- Grossberg A, Zhu X, Leinninger G, Levasseur P, Braun T, Myers M, et al. Inflammation-induced lethargy is mediated by suppression of orexin neuron activity. J Neurosci. 2011;31:11376-86 pubmed publisher..This work defines a specific population of inflammation-sensitive, arousal-associated Ox neurons and identifies a proximal neural target for inflammatory signaling to Ox neurons, while eliminating several others. ..
- Janus J, Laborde R, Greenberg A, Wang V, Wei W, Trier A, et al. Linking expression of FOXM1, CEP55 and HELLS to tumorigenesis in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Laryngoscope. 2011;121:2598-603 pubmed publisher..Gene expression is related to tumor stage. The significant association between the expression of these genes and advanced tumor stage suggest that they may play a role in tumorigenesis. ..
- Gupta Agarwal S, Franklin A, Deramus T, Wheelock M, Davis R, McMahon L, et al. G9a/GLP histone lysine dimethyltransferase complex activity in the hippocampus and the entorhinal cortex is required for gene activation and silencing during memory consolidation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5440-53 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings support the possibility of a role for G9a/GLP in the regulation of cellular and molecular cross talk between these two brain regions during LTM formation. ..
- Birdsong W, Arttamangkul S, Clark M, Cheng K, Rice K, Traynor J, et al. Increased agonist affinity at the ?-opioid receptor induced by prolonged agonist exposure. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4118-27 pubmed publisher..The increased affinity suggests that acute desensitization results in a long-lasting but reversible conformational change in the receptor. ..
- Candel A, Green L, Castelli M, Abraham K, Aranha G, Gattuso P. Flow cytometry as a prognostic predictor in gastric linitis plastica. J Surg Oncol. 1994;56:233-5 pubmed..The majority of GLP tumors manifest diploid characteristics, and the presence or absence of lymph node metastasis is a major determinant in overall survival. ..
- Carlson E, Hoem J, Rychtarikova J. Trajectories of fetal loss in the Czech Republic. Demography. 1999;36:327-37 pubmed..Social inequalities in postpartum life chances have been documented previously, but we show that similar inequalities exist before birth. ..
- Moursi A, Winnard P, Winnard A, Rubenstrunk J, Mooney M. Fibroblast growth factor 2 induces increased calvarial osteoblast proliferation and cranial suture fusion. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2002;39:487-96 pubmed..These studies also present a new quantitative approach to evaluating the effect of suture-perturbing growth factors on cranial suture fusion. ..
- Myers C, Shohamy D, Gluck M, Grossman S, Onlaor S, Kapur N. Dissociating medial temporal and basal ganglia memory systems with a latent learning task. Neuropsychologia. 2003;41:1919-28 pubmed..Our findings point to distinct and dissociable contributions of medial temporal lobe and basal ganglia structures to learning and memory. ..
- Peden A, Rayens M, Hall L, Grant E. Testing an intervention to reduce negative thinking, depressive symptoms, and chronic stressors in low-income single mothers. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2005;37:268-74 pubmed..The findings indicate the effectiveness of this cognitive-behavioral group intervention and show the beneficial effects of reducing negative thinking via the use of affirmations and thought-stopping techniques. ..
- Gudz T, Komuro H, Macklin W. Glutamate stimulates oligodendrocyte progenitor migration mediated via an alphav integrin/myelin proteolipid protein complex. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2458-66 pubmed..These studies highlight novel signaling determinants of OPC migration and suggest that glutamate could play a pivotal role in regulating integrin-mediated OPC migration. ..
- Hulshizer R, Blalock E. Post hoc pattern matching: assigning significance to statistically defined expression patterns in single channel microarray data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:240 pubmed
- Betters J, Long J, Howe K, Braith R, Soltow Q, Lira V, et al. Nitric oxide reverses prednisolone-induced inactivation of muscle satellite cells. Muscle Nerve. 2008;37:203-9 pubmed..05). Therefore, supplementation of GC myofibers with DETA-NO restores satellite cell activity to control levels. Nitric oxide production could be an important therapeutic target for the prevention of corticosteroid myopathy. ..
- Habecker B, Sachs H, Rohrer H, Zigmond R. The dependence on gp130 cytokines of axotomy induced neuropeptide expression in adult sympathetic neurons. Dev Neurobiol. 2009;69:392-400 pubmed publisher..The increase in cholecystokinin after axotomy, however, does not require the action of these cytokines. ..
- King V, Hatch N, Chan H, de Beer M, de Beer F, Tannock L. A murine model of obesity with accelerated atherosclerosis. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:35-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest male apoE-deficient mice are a model of metabolic syndrome and that chronic low level inflammation associated with increased SAA concentrations may mediate atherosclerotic lesion formation. ..
- Sharma S, Bhat P, Ehdaie B, Close T, Lukaszewski A, Waines J. Integrated genetic map and genetic analysis of a region associated with root traits on the short arm of rye chromosome 1 in bread wheat. Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:783-93 pubmed publisher..It appears that the terminal 15% of the rye 1RS arm carries gene(s) for greater rooting ability in wheat...
- Jumpponen A, Jones K. Seasonally dynamic fungal communities in the Quercus macrocarpa phyllosphere differ between urban and nonurban environments. New Phytol. 2010;186:496-513 pubmed publisher..Among those are stand isolation and size, nutrient and pollutant accumulation plus stand management, including fertilization and litter removal. ..
- Dennis T, Solomon B. Frontal EEG and emotion regulation: electrocortical activity in response to emotional film clips is associated with reduced mood induction and attention interference effects. Biol Psychol. 2010;85:456-64 pubmed publisher..Effects did not differ between the left and right hemispheres. Results support the hypothesis that frontal EEG activity reflects both emotional context and emotion-regulatory capabilities. ..
- Macqueen D, Bullard L, Galizio M. Effects of dizocilpine (MK801) on olfactory span in rats. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2011;95:57-63 pubmed publisher..The finding that the effects of dizocilpine interacted with the number of stimuli to remember is generally consistent with hypotheses linking NMDA receptors and working memory processes. ..
- Caudle K, Brown E, Shum Siu A, Burke D, Magnuson T, Voor M, et al. Hindlimb immobilization in a wheelchair alters functional recovery following contusive spinal cord injury in the adult rat. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2011;25:729-39 pubmed publisher..Hindlimb immobilization and passive stretch may hinder or conceal the normal course of functional recovery of spinal cord injured rats. These observations have implications for the management of acute clinical spinal cord injuries. ..
- Miczek K, Nikulina E, Shimamoto A, Covington H. Escalated or suppressed cocaine reward, tegmental BDNF, and accumbal dopamine caused by episodic versus continuous social stress in rats. J Neurosci. 2011;31:9848-57 pubmed publisher..These divergent neuroadaptations to social stress may represent the substrates for the intensification of cocaine "bingeing" relative to the anhedonia-like deterioration of reward processes during subordination stress. ..
- Levy Gigi E, Kelemen O, Gluck M, Keri S. Impaired context reversal learning, but not cue reversal learning, in patients with amnestic mild cognitive impairment. Neuropsychologia. 2011;49:3320-6 pubmed publisher..This deficit is not influenced by the valence of the outcome (positive or negative feedback) and by executive dysfunctions. ..
- Buford T, Lott D, Marzetti E, Wohlgemuth S, Vandenborne K, Pahor M, et al. Age-related differences in lower extremity tissue compartments and associations with physical function in older adults. Exp Gerontol. 2012;47:38-44 pubmed publisher..264, p=0.001) and 4-meter gait speed (r(2)=0.187, p=0.007). These data suggest that aging affects all lower extremity compartments, but femoral muscle mass is the major compartment associated with physical function in older adults. ..
- Stephens C, Toda H, Palmer T, Demarse T, Ormerod B. Adult neural progenitor cells reactivate superbursting in mature neural networks. Exp Neurol. 2012;234:20-30 pubmed publisher..Future work exploring whether NPCs can re-stimulate developmental states in injury models would be an interesting test of their regenerative potential. ..
- Murali S, Brinkman A, Solverson P, Pun W, Pintar J, Ney D. Exogenous GLP-2 and IGF-I induce a differential intestinal response in IGF binding protein-3 and -5 double knockout mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;302:G794-804 pubmed publisher..In summary, the intestinotrophic actions of IGF-I, but not GLP-2, in mucosa are dependent on IGFBP-3 and -5. These findings support the role of multiple downstream mediators for the mucosal growth induced by GLP-2. ..
- Licata S, Shinday N, Huizenga M, Darnell S, Sangrey G, Rudolph U, et al. Alterations in brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the mouse hippocampus following acute but not repeated benzodiazepine treatment. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84806 pubmed publisher..Future work should examine the interaction between ZP and DNA as the cause for altered gene expression in the HIP, given that BZs can enter the nucleus and intercalate into DNA directly. ..
- Wu S, Huang W, Polk D, Florsheim W, Green W, Fisher D. Identification of thyroxine-sulfate (T4S) in human serum and amniotic fluid by a novel T4S radioimmunoassay. Thyroid. 1992;2:101-5 pubmed
- Clive J. Biostatistical consultation for dental research. Dent Clin North Am. 2002;46:137-55, viii pubmed
- Haglund R, He J, Jarvis J, Safavi K, Spangberg L, Zhu Q. Effects of root-end filling materials on fibroblasts and macrophages in vitro. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2003;95:739-45 pubmed..There was no detected cytokine production in any of the tested material groups. All root-end filling materials inhibited cell growth, and none induced IL-1beta and IL-6 production. ..
- Gurski K, Ebbert M. Host age, but not host location within a stream, is correlated with the prevalence of gut parasites in water striders. J Parasitol. 2003;89:529-34 pubmed
- Colledge M, Snyder E, Crozier R, Soderling J, Jin Y, Langeberg L, et al. Ubiquitination regulates PSD-95 degradation and AMPA receptor surface expression. Neuron. 2003;40:595-607 pubmed..These data suggest that ubiquitination of PSD-95 through an Mdm2-mediated pathway is critical in regulating AMPA receptor surface expression during synaptic plasticity. ..
- Chapman C, Chapman L, Naughton Treves L, Lawes M, McDowell L. Predicting folivorous primate abundance: validation of a nutritional model. Am J Primatol. 2004;62:55-69 pubmed..Combining our data with published data, we demonstrate that the protein-to-fiber ratios of mature leaves available to these folivorous primates accounted for 87% of the variance in their biomass. ..
- Feltenstein M, See R. Potentiation of cue-induced reinstatement of cocaine-seeking in rats by the anxiogenic drug yohimbine. Behav Brain Res. 2006;174:1-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that exposure to drug-paired cues during a stressful state can greatly potentiate cocaine-seeking and suggest that future treatment interventions should target multiple modalities. ..
- Quinn P, Bhatt R, Hayden A. Young infants readily use proximity to organize visual pattern information. Acta Psychol (Amst). 2008;127:289-98 pubmed..The results suggest that infants readily organize visual pattern information in accord with proximity. Implications of this finding for models of the ontogenesis and microgenesis of object perception in infants and adults are discussed. ..
- Dent M, Welch T, McClaine E, Shinn Cunningham B. Species differences in the identification of acoustic stimuli by birds. Behav Processes. 2008;77:184-90 pubmed publisher..These results are discussed in the context of what is known about both general and specialized processes which may contribute to any differences or similarities in performance...
- Levant B, Zarcone T, Fowler S. Developmental effects of dietary n-3 fatty acids on activity and response to novelty. Physiol Behav. 2010;101:176-83 pubmed publisher..The observation of this effect only in 2nd-litter rats fed the Deficient diet suggests that brain DHA content, rather than dietary n-3 PUFA content, likely underlies these effects. ..
- Crainic C, Erickson K, Gardner J, Haberman S, Patten P, Thomas P, et al. Comparison of methods to facilitate postoperative bowel function. Medsurg Nurs. 2009;18:235-8 pubmed..A study to determine if return of gastrointestinal function after abdominal surgery could be hastened by the simple intervention of chewing gum or sucking on hard candy three times per day is described. ..
- Reitz O, Anderson M, Hill P. Job embeddedness and nurse retention. Nurs Adm Q. 2010;34:190-200 pubmed publisher..Older, more "embedded" nurses are more likely to remain employed in their current organization. Based on these findings, JE may form the basis for the development of an effective nurse retention program. ..
- Athippozhy A, Huang L, Wooton Kee C, Zhao T, Jungsuwadee P, Stromberg A, et al. Differential gene expression in liver and small intestine from lactating rats compared to age-matched virgin controls detects increased mRNA of cholesterol biosynthetic genes. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:95 pubmed publisher..Differential T-Cell signaling in the two most distal regions of the small intestine (ileum and jejunum) was also noted, as well as differential expression of transporters that likely play a key role in nutrient uptake. ..
- Zhou X, Song M, Chen D, Wei L, Yu S. Potential role of KCNQ/M-channels in regulating neuronal differentiation in mouse hippocampal and embryonic stem cell-derived neuronal cultures. Exp Neurol. 2011;229:471-83 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that KCNQ2/3 channels participate in the regulation of neuronal differentiation and show a tonic regulation on pre-synaptic transmitter release and recycling in developing neuronal cells. ..
- Temporal S, Desai M, Khorkova O, Varghese G, Dai A, Schulz D, et al. Neuromodulation independently determines correlated channel expression and conductance levels in motor neurons of the stomatogastric ganglion. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:718-27 pubmed publisher..We conclude that neuromodulators regulate the correlated expression of ion channels at both the transcript and the protein levels...
- Zerr D, Boeckh M, Delaney C, Martin P, Xie H, Adler A, et al. HHV-6 reactivation and associated sequelae after hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2012;18:1700-8 pubmed publisher..A randomized antiviral trial is warranted to establish causality between HHV-6 and these endpoints and to determine if reducing HHV-6 reactivation will improve outcome after HCT. ..
- Gregg L, Jung K, Spradley J, Nyilas R, Suplita R, Zimmer A, et al. Activation of type 5 metabotropic glutamate receptors and diacylglycerol lipase-? initiates 2-arachidonoylglycerol formation and endocannabinoid-mediated analgesia. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9457-68 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that activation of the postsynaptic mGlu(5)-DGL-? cascade triggers retrograde 2-AG signaling in vivo. This pathway is required for endocannabinoid-mediated stress-induced analgesia. ..
- Maserejian N, Hauser R, Tavares M, Trachtenberg F, Shrader P, McKinlay S. Dental composites and amalgam and physical development in children. J Dent Res. 2012;91:1019-25 pubmed publisher..Additional studies examining these restoration materials in relation to age at menarche are warranted (clinicaltrials.gov number NCT00065988). ..
- Prather R. Implicit learning of arithmetic regularities is facilitated by proximal contrast. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48868 pubmed publisher..The results expand on research of the implicit learning of regularities and suggest that contrasting cases, show to facilitate explicit arithmetic learning, is also relevant to implicit learning of arithmetic. ..
- Wu X, Zhang W, Hayes D, Mansour H. Physicochemical characterization and aerosol dispersion performance of organic solution advanced spray-dried cyclosporine A multifunctional particles for dry powder inhalation aerosol delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1269-83 pubmed publisher..These novel multifunctional inhalation powders were optimized for DPI delivery with excellent aerosol dispersion performance and high aerosol performance parameters. ..
- Steffan S, Chikaraishi Y, Horton D, Ohkouchi N, Singleton M, Miliczky E, et al. Trophic hierarchies illuminated via amino acid isotopic analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76152 pubmed publisher..07) and longest food chain ever reported using CSIA. High accuracy in trophic position estimation brings trophic function into sharper focus, providing greater resolution to the analysis of food webs. ..
- Husain M, Jones Carson J, Liu L, Song M, Saah J, Troxell B, et al. Ferric uptake regulator-dependent antinitrosative defenses in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium pathogenesis. Infect Immun. 2014;82:333-40 pubmed publisher..Our investigations indicate that, in addition to playing a critical role in iron homeostasis, Fur is an important antinitrosative determinant of Salmonella pathogenesis. ..
- Wilkinson A, Swartz M, Yu X, Spitz M, Shete S. Cigarette experimentation and the population attributable fraction for associated genetic and non-genetic risk factors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53868 pubmed publisher..A clearer understanding of the relative role of genetic vs. non-genetic factors in the uptake of smoking may have implications for the design of prevention programs. ..
- Turner R, Sperber S, Sorrentino J, O Connor R, Rogers J, Batouli A, et al. Effectiveness of clemastine fumarate for treatment of rhinorrhea and sneezing associated with the common cold. Clin Infect Dis. 1997;25:824-30 pubmed..001). This treatment effect persisted on day 4. A significant effect on sneezing was noted on days 2-4. Sedation occurred in 14% of the clemastine fumarate-treated subjects and 1.5% of the placebo-treated subjects (P < .0001). ..
- Glaros A, Forbes M, Shanker J, Glass E. Effect of parafunctional clenching on temporomandibular disorder pain and proprioceptive awareness. Cranio. 2000;18:198-204 pubmed..Self-reported pain post-training was significantly higher for the Increase group. Parafunctional clenching did not affect performance in the proprioceptive test. ..
- Xie D, Brantley W, Culbertson B, Wang G. Mechanical properties and microstructures of glass-ionomer cements. Dent Mater. 2000;16:129-38 pubmed..Factors such as the integrity of the interface between the glass particles and the polymer matrix, the particle size, and the number and size of voids have important roles in determining the mechanical properties. ..
- Tanzer J, Baranowski L, Rogers J, Haase E, Scannapieco F. Oral colonization and cariogenicity of Streptococcus gordonii in specific pathogen-free TAN:SPFOM(OM)BR rats consuming starch or sucrose diets. Arch Oral Biol. 2001;46:323-33 pubmed..Caries scores are augmented by sucrose compared with starch, and are further augmented by S gordonii colonization. S. gordonii is thus cariologically significant in the presence of sucrose, at least in this rat. ..
- Pratt W, Kelley A. Nucleus accumbens acetylcholine regulates appetitive learning and motivation for food via activation of muscarinic receptors. Behav Neurosci. 2004;118:730-9 pubmed..These novel results implicate nucleus accumbens muscarinic receptors in the modulation of appetitive learning, performance, and motivation for food. ..
- Browning W, Chan D, Frazier K, Callan R, Blalock J. Safety and efficacy of a nightguard bleaching agent containing sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate. Quintessence Int. 2004;35:693-8 pubmed..While most people tolerate this sensitivity, some find it impossible to continue treatment. The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of an experimental, low-sensitivity bleaching agent...
- Gordan V, Shen C, Mjor I. Marginal gap repair with flowable resin-based composites. Gen Dent. 2004;52:390-4 pubmed..Dentin near the pulp chamber yielded consistently lower bond strength values than dentin located at the dentino-enamel junction. Bonding at the flowable resin/dentin interface showed the weakest bond and highest frequency of failure. ..
- Webster J, Cao C. Lowering communication barriers in operating room technology. Hum Factors. 2006;48:747-58 pubmed..Information displays and communication protocols can be designed to ease adaptation to complex operating room technology. ..
- Murtaugh P. Simplicity and complexity in ecological data analysis. Ecology. 2007;88:56-62 pubmed
- Meitzen J, Moore I, Lent K, Brenowitz E, Perkel D. Steroid hormones act transsynaptically within the forebrain to regulate neuronal phenotype and song stereotypy. J Neurosci. 2007;27:12045-57 pubmed..This novel transsynaptic effect of gonadal steroids on activity and morphology of RA neurons is part of a concerted change in key premotor nuclei, enabling stereotyped song...
- Umino Y, Solessio E, Barlow R. Speed, spatial, and temporal tuning of rod and cone vision in mouse. J Neurosci. 2008;28:189-98 pubmed publisher..This parametric study characterizes the functional properties of the mouse visual system, revealing the rod and cone contributions to contrast sensitivity and to the temporal processing of visual stimuli. ..
- Eckel Mahan K, Phan T, Han S, Wang H, Chan G, Scheiner Z, et al. Circadian oscillation of hippocampal MAPK activity and cAmp: implications for memory persistence. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:1074-82 pubmed..These data suggest that the persistence of long-term memories may depend on reactivation of the cAMP/MAPK/CREB transcriptional pathway in the hippocampus during the circadian cycle. ..
- Pang Y, Campbell L, Zheng B, Fan L, Cai Z, Rhodes P. Lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia induce death of oligodendrocyte progenitor cells and impede their development. Neuroscience. 2010;166:464-75 pubmed publisher..Our finding that LPS-activated microglia not only induce two waves of cell death but also greatly impair OL development may shed some light on the mechanisms underlying selective white matter damage and hypomyelination in PVL. ..
- Kuerzi J, Brown E, Shum Siu A, Siu A, Burke D, Morehouse J, et al. Task-specificity vs. ceiling effect: step-training in shallow water after spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol. 2010;224:178-87 pubmed publisher..In contrast, animals with severe contusion injuries could not support their body weight nor could they generate a locomotor pattern when provided with body weight support via buoyancy. ..
- Cho Y, Otani H, Han K, Van Horn K. Cultural differences in asymmetric beliefs of interpersonal knowledge in vertical and horizontal relationships. J Gen Psychol. 2010;137:343-61 pubmed publisher..The cultural differences can be explained by self-consistency, sensitivity to social consequences, parent-child interaction, and living arrangement. ..
- Kondo Y, Adams J, Vanier M, Duncan I. Macrophages counteract demyelination in a mouse model of globoid cell leukodystrophy. J Neurosci. 2011;31:3610-24 pubmed publisher..The overall effects of macrophages in GLD appear to be beneficial to myelin by promoting myelin repair. ..
- Byun W, Dowda M, Pate R. Correlates of objectively measured sedentary behavior in US preschool children. Pediatrics. 2011;128:937-45 pubmed publisher..However, there were no common correlates that influenced sedentary behavior for both boys and girls. Future interventions for reducing sedentary behavior could target correlates identified in this study. ..
- Fonken L, Kitsmiller E, Smale L, Nelson R. Dim nighttime light impairs cognition and provokes depressive-like responses in a diurnal rodent. J Biol Rhythms. 2012;27:319-27 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that exposure to dLAN can alter affective responses and impair cognition in a diurnal animal. ..
- Sachs H, Bercury K, Popescu D, Narayanan S, Macklin W. A new model of cuprizone-mediated demyelination/remyelination. ASN Neuro. 2014;6: pubmed publisher..This new model of cuprizone-induced demyelination could potentially aid in identification of new therapeutic targets to enhance remyelination in demyelinating diseases. ..
- McCreedy D, Margul D, Seidlits S, Antane J, Thomas R, Sissman G, et al. Semi-automated counting of axon regeneration in poly(lactide co-glycolide) spinal cord bridges. J Neurosci Methods. 2016;263:15-22 pubmed publisher..This semi-automated detection of Hessian-filtered axons provides an accurate and significantly faster alternative to manual counting of axons for quantitative analysis of regeneration following SCI. ..