Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Sweden
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications343 found, 100 shown here
- Huhtinen K, O Byrne J, Lindquist P, Contreras J, Alexson S. The peroxisome proliferator-induced cytosolic type I acyl-CoA thioesterase (CTE-I) is a serine-histidine-aspartic acid alpha /beta hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3424-32 pubmed..Furthermore, kinetic characterization of recombinant CTE-I showed that this enzyme appears to be a true acyl-CoA thioesterase being highly specific for C(12)-C(20) acyl-CoAs. ..
- Kreuze J, Savenkov E, Valkonen J. Complete genome sequence and analyses of the subgenomic RNAs of sweet potato chlorotic stunt virus reveal several new features for the genus Crinivirus. J Virol. 2002;76:9260-70 pubmed..The 5' ends of seven sgRNAs were cloned and sequenced by an approach that provided compelling evidence that the sgRNAs are capped in infected plants, a novel finding for members of the Closteroviridae...
- Nobel C, Dunås F, Abrahmsen L. Purification of full-length recombinant human and rat type 1 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases with retained oxidoreductase activities. Protein Expr Purif. 2002;26:349-56 pubmed..Both enzymes were 90-95% pure and exhibited dehydrogenase and reductase activities with K(M) values in agreement with those reported in the literature. ..
- Kurucz E, Zettervall C, Sinka R, Vilmos P, Pivarcsi A, Ekengren S, et al. Hemese, a hemocyte-specific transmembrane protein, affects the cellular immune response in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2622-7 pubmed..This finding indicates that Hemese plays a modulatory role in the activation or recruitment of the hemocytes. ..
- Karlsson A, Alm R, Ekstrand B, Fjelkner Modig S, Schiött A, Bengtsson U, et al. Bet v 1 homologues in strawberry identified as IgE-binding proteins and presumptive allergens. Allergy. 2004;59:1277-84 pubmed..We conclude that strawberry homologues to Bet v 1 may be allergens of importance for adverse reactions to strawberry. ..
- Suarez Covarrubias A, Larsson A, Högbom M, Lindberg J, Bergfors T, Björkelid C, et al. Structure and function of carbonic anhydrases from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18782-9 pubmed..Activity studies demonstrate that Rv3588c is a completely functional carbonic anhydrase. The apparent lack of activity of Rv1284 in the present assay system is likely exacerbated by the observed depletion of zinc in the preparation. ..
- Broberg P. A comparative review of estimates of the proportion unchanged genes and the false discovery rate. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:199 pubmed..The article advocates the use of the conjoint information regarding false positive and negative rates as well as the proportion unchanged when identifying changed genes. ..
- Gunnarsson L, Zhou Q, Montanier C, Karlsson E, Brumer H, Ohlin M. Engineered xyloglucan specificity in a carbohydrate-binding module. Glycobiology. 2006;16:1171-80 pubmed
- Rosenblad M, López M, Piccinelli P, Samuelsson T. Inventory and analysis of the protein subunits of the ribonucleases P and MRP provides further evidence of homology between the yeast and human enzymes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:5145-56 pubmed..We suggest that this motif is a binding site for the Pop3/Rpp38 proteins and we discuss other structural features of the RNA subunit and possible relationships to the protein subunit repertoire. ..
- Joannin N, Abhiman S, Sonnhammer E, Wahlgren M. Sub-grouping and sub-functionalization of the RIFIN multi-copy protein family. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:19 pubmed publisher..Using phylogenetic and function shift analysis methods, we identify new directions for the investigation of this broad and complex group of proteins. ..
- Burglin T. Evolution of hedgehog and hedgehog-related genes, their origin from Hog proteins in ancestral eukaryotes and discovery of a novel Hint motif. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:127 pubmed publisher..The Hog domain proteins, the inteins and VWA-Vint proteins are three families of Hint domain proteins that evolved in parallel in eukaryotes. ..
- Fälth M, Savitski M, Nielsen M, Kjeldsen F, Andren P, Zubarev R. Analytical utility of small neutral losses from reduced species in electron capture dissociation studied using SwedECD database. Anal Chem. 2008;80:8089-94 pubmed publisher..g., there is no direct formation of w ions from the reduced species. This finding emphasizes the difference in fragmentation behaviors of hydrogen-abundant and hydrogen-deficient species. ..
- Balogun H, Vasconcelos N, Lindberg R, Haeggström M, Moll K, Chen Q, et al. Immunogenicity and antigenic properties of Pf332-C231, a fragment of a non-repeat region of the Plasmodium falciparum antigen Pf332. Vaccine. 2009;28:90-7 pubmed publisher..We show that Pf332-C231 represents a functional domain and is expected to facilitate further studies on Pf332 as a potential target for protective immune responses and the function of the antigen. ..
- Shen Y, Lookene A, Zhang L, Olivecrona G. Site-directed mutagenesis of apolipoprotein CII to probe the role of its secondary structure for activation of lipoprotein lipase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7484-92 pubmed publisher..The structural requirements for the hydrophobic face on the back side of this helix and further out toward the C terminus were less stringent. ..
- Nilsson J, Bläckberg L, Carlsson P, Enerback S, Hernell O, Bjursell G. cDNA cloning of human-milk bile-salt-stimulated lipase and evidence for its identity to pancreatic carboxylic ester hydrolase. Eur J Biochem. 1990;192:543-50 pubmed..g. acetylcholine esterase. In contrast, no such similarity could be found to typical lipases. ..
- Chhajlani V, Rangel N, Uhlen S, Wikberg J. Identification of an additional gene belonging to the alpha 2 adrenergic receptor family in the human genome by PCR. FEBS Lett. 1991;280:241-4 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the alpha 2-C4 adrenergic receptor exists in more than one copy in the human genome. ..
- Persson B, Jornvall H, Olivecrona T, Bengtsson Olivecrona G. Lipoprotein lipases and vitellogenins in relation to the known three-dimensional structure of pancreatic lipase. FEBS Lett. 1991;288:33-6 pubmed..In addition, due to structural differences the flap could prevent entry of soluble substrate molecules into the active site of pancreatic lipase. ..
- Schneider G, Knight S, Andersson I, Branden C, Lindqvist Y, Lundqvist T. Comparison of the crystal structures of L2 and L8S8 Rubisco suggests a functional role for the small subunit. EMBO J. 1990;9:2045-50 pubmed..We suggest that the small subunit modulates substrate binding and, possibly, the carboxylation/oxygenation ratio by inducing conformational changes in the active site through interactions distant from this site. ..
- Nilsson O, Aberg A, Lundqvist T, Sjoberg B. Nucleotide sequence of the gene coding for the large subunit of ribonucleotide reductase of Escherichia coli. Correction. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:4174 pubmed
- Hillarp A, Thern A, Dahlback B. Bovine C4b binding protein. Molecular cloning of the alpha- and beta-chains provides structural background for lack of complex formation with protein S. J Immunol. 1994;153:4190-9 pubmed
- Nystrom T, Larsson C, Gustafsson L. Bacterial defense against aging: role of the Escherichia coli ArcA regulator in gene expression, readjusted energy flux and survival during stasis. EMBO J. 1996;15:3219-28 pubmed
- Cameron A, Olin B, Ridderström M, Mannervik B, Jones T. Crystal structure of human glyoxalase I--evidence for gene duplication and 3D domain swapping. EMBO J. 1997;16:3386-95 pubmed..This structural family appears to allow members to form with or without domain swapping. ..
- Jakobsson P, Thorén S, Morgenstern R, Samuelsson B. Identification of human prostaglandin E synthase: a microsomal, glutathione-dependent, inducible enzyme, constituting a potential novel drug target. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7220-5 pubmed..The enzyme activity is glutathione-dependent, and the protein expression is induced by the proinflammatory cytokine IL-1beta. PGE synthase is a potential novel target for drug development. ..
- Bergsten E, Uutela M, Li X, Pietras K, Ostman A, Heldin C, et al. PDGF-D is a specific, protease-activated ligand for the PDGF beta-receptor. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:512-6 pubmed..PDGF-DD is the first known PDGFR-beta-specific ligand, and its unique receptor specificity indicates that it may be important for development and pathophysiology in several organs. ..
- Ellegren H, Carmichael A. Multiple and independent cessation of recombination between avian sex chromosomes. Genetics. 2001;158:325-31 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that this process, once initiated, may occur independently in parallel in sister lineages. ..
- Hunt M, Solaas K, Kase B, Alexson S. Characterization of an acyl-coA thioesterase that functions as a major regulator of peroxisomal lipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1128-38 pubmed..We propose that PTE-2 functions as a key regulator of peroxisomal lipid metabolism. ..
- Mandic A, Viktorsson K, Strandberg L, Heiden T, Hansson J, Linder S, et al. Calpain-mediated Bid cleavage and calpain-independent Bak modulation: two separate pathways in cisplatin-induced apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3003-13 pubmed..In summary, calpain-mediated Bid cleavage is important in drug-induced apoptosis, and cisplatin induces at least two separate apoptotic signaling pathways resulting in Bid cleavage and Bak modulation, respectively. ..
- Hashemi J, Lindström M, Asker C, Platz A, Hansson J, Wiman K. A melanoma-predisposing germline CDKN2A mutation with functional significance for both p16 and p14ARF. Cancer Lett. 2002;180:211-21 pubmed..This partial functional defect may complement the clearly defective p16 del (62-69) mutant and thus contribute to melanoma development in patients carrying the 24bp deletion in CDKN2A. ..
- Kuusk S, Sohlberg J, Long J, Fridborg I, Sundberg E. STY1 and STY2 promote the formation of apical tissues during Arabidopsis gynoecium development. Development. 2002;129:4707-17 pubmed..STY1 and STY2 are members of a small gene family, and encode proteins with a RING finger-like motif. Double mutant analyses indicate that STY1 genetically interacts with SPATULA and possibly also with CRABS CLAW...
- Grahn A, Barkhordar G, Larson G. Cloning and sequencing of nineteen transcript isoforms of the human alpha2,3-sialyltransferase gene, ST3Gal III; its genomic organisation and expression in human tissues. Glycoconj J. 2002;19:197-210 pubmed..Neural and muscular tissues showed the most complex patterns and were distinctly different from all other tissues examined. ..
- Svangård E, Goransson U, Smith D, Verma C, Backlund A, Bohlin L, et al. Primary and 3-D modelled structures of two cyclotides from Viola odorata. Phytochemistry. 2003;64:135-42 pubmed..The images of vodo M and vodo N show amphipathic structures with considerable surface hydrophobicity for a protein modelled in a polar environment...
- Pinne M, Ostberg Y, Comstedt P, Bergstr m S. Molecular analysis of the channel-forming protein P13 and its paralogue family 48 from different Lyme disease Borrelia species. Microbiology. 2004;150:549-59 pubmed publisher..Finally, p13 and bbi31 are the only members of gene family 48 that are transcribed in mice, suggesting their importance during mammalian infection...
- Torrents E, Westman M, Sahlin M, Sj berg B. Ribonucleotide reductase modularity: Atypical duplication of the ATP-cone domain in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25287-96 pubmed publisher..We suggest that protein modularity built on the common catalytic core of all RNRs plays an important role in class diversification within the RNR family...
- Rosengren K, Daly N, Fornander L, Jönsson L, Shirafuji Y, Qu X, et al. Structural and functional characterization of the conserved salt bridge in mammalian paneth cell alpha-defensins: solution structures of mouse CRYPTDIN-4 and (E15D)-CRYPTDIN-4. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28068-78 pubmed..These findings support the conclusion that the function of the conserved salt bridge in Crp4 is not linked to bactericidal activity or proteolytic stability of the mature peptide. ..
- Valtonen Andr C, Olsson A, Kullberg M, Nayudu P, Lundwall A. The common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) has two very similar semenogelin genes as the result of gene conversion. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:604-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies shed new light on the evolution of semenogelins and the mechanisms that have generated the structural diversity of semen coagulum proteins...
- Lindberg R, Fredlund H, Nicholas R, Unemo M. Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates with reduced susceptibility to cefixime and ceftriaxone: association with genetic polymorphisms in penA, mtrR, porB1b, and ponA. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:2117-22 pubmed..In conclusion, an unambiguous association between penA mosaic alleles, in conjunction with genetic polymorphisms in mtrR, porB1b, and ponA, and greater reduced susceptibility to cefixime and ceftriaxone was identified. ..
- Johard H, Enell L, Gustafsson E, Trifilieff P, Veenstra J, Nassel D. Intrinsic neurons of Drosophila mushroom bodies express short neuropeptide F: relations to extrinsic neurons expressing different neurotransmitters. J Comp Neurol. 2008;507:1479-96 pubmed publisher..However, it is likely that the Kenyon cells utilize an additional neurotransmitter, yet to be identified, and that the neuropeptides described here may represent cotransmitters. ..
- Nyman U, Vlachos P, Cascante A, Hermanson O, Zhivotovsky B, Joseph B. Protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation regulates the cell cycle-inhibitory function of the p73 carboxy terminus transactivation domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1814-25 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that this novel posttranslational modification within the p73 carboxy terminus transactivation domain is involved in the context-specific guidance of p73 toward the selective induction of cell cycle arrest. ..
- Munir M, Linde A, Zohari S, Ståhl K, Baule C, Holm K, et al. Complete genome analysis of an avian paramyxovirus type 1 strain isolated in 1994 from an asymptomatic black-headed gull (Larus ridibundus) in southern Sweden. Avian Dis. 2010;54:923-30 pubmed..Waterfowl have been considered to act as a reservoir for APMV-1 and, therefore, it is important to broaden the knowledge of viruses circulating within this population. ..
- Fröjmark A, Schuster J, Sobol M, Entesarian M, Kilander M, Gabrikova D, et al. Mutations in Frizzled 6 cause isolated autosomal-recessive nail dysplasia. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;88:852-860 pubmed publisher..Thus, our combined results show that FZD6 mutations can result in severe defects in nail and claw formation through reduced or abolished membranous FZD(6) levels and several nonfunctional WNT-FZD pathways...
- Ullner M, Selander M, Persson E, Stenflo J, Drakenberg T, Teleman O. Three-dimensional structure of the apo form of the N-terminal EGF-like module of blood coagulation factor X as determined by NMR spectroscopy and simulated folding. Biochemistry. 1992;31:5974-83 pubmed..65 +/- 0.11 A against their mean conformation. About half of the side chains have well-defined structure. The overall conformation is similar to that of murine EGF. ..
- Climent I, Sjoberg B, Huang C. Carboxyl-terminal peptides as probes for Escherichia coli ribonucleotide reductase subunit interaction: kinetic analysis of inhibition studies. Biochemistry. 1991;30:5164-71 pubmed..Both methods should find application to other similar cases. ..
- Nilsson R, Beijer L, Rutberg B. The glpT and glpQ genes of the glycerol regulon in Bacillus subtilis. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 4):723-30 pubmed..These repeats seem therefore to be essential control elements for all B. subtilis glp genes. ..
- Vestberg M, Brunsberg U, Bergsteinsdottir K, Karlsson M, Gustafsson K, Wedekind D, et al. Limited polymorphism in the first domain of the rat MHC class II RT1-D molecule. Immunogenetics. 1998;48:344-9 pubmed
- Magnusdottir A, Stenmark P, Flodin S, Nyman T, Hammarström M, Ehn M, et al. The crystal structure of a human PP2A phosphatase activator reveals a novel fold and highly conserved cleft implicated in protein-protein interactions. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22434-8 pubmed..The structure of PTPA can serve as a basis for structure-function studies directed at elucidating its mechanism as an activator of PP2A. ..
- Hoffmann K, Alminger M, Andlid T, Chen T, Olsson O, Sandberg A. Blocking peptides decrease tissue transglutaminase processing of gliadin in vitro. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:10150-5 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the blocking peptides efficiently reduced tTG processing of gliadin in vitro, and this strategy will be further investigated as an alternative therapy for celiac disease. ..
- Lindberg D, Ahmad S, Widersten M. Mutations in salt-bridging residues at the interface of the core and lid domains of epoxide hydrolase StEH1 affect regioselectivity, protein stability and hysteresis. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;495:165-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that the alterations to regioselectivity in these mutants derive from an increased mobility in protein segments otherwise stabilized by salt bridging interactions. ..
- Papareddy P, Kalle M, Kasetty G, Morgelin M, Rydengård V, Albiger B, et al. C-terminal peptides of tissue factor pathway inhibitor are novel host defense molecules. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28387-98 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, C-terminal fragments of TFPI were associated with bacteria present in human chronic leg ulcers. These findings suggest a new role for TFPI in cutaneous defense against infections. ..
- Simons J, Hellman U, Pettersson R. Uukuniemi virus S RNA segment: ambisense coding strategy, packaging of complementary strands into virions, and homology to members of the genus Phlebovirus. J Virol. 1990;64:247-55 pubmed..These results indicate that the uukuviruses and phleboviruses are evolutionarily related and suggest that the two genera could be merged into a single genus within the Bunyaviridae family...
- Sundstrom L, Radstrom P, Swedberg G, Skold O. Site-specific recombination promotes linkage between trimethoprim- and sulfonamide resistance genes. Sequence characterization of dhfrV and sulI and a recombination active locus of Tn21. Mol Gen Genet. 1988;213:191-201 pubmed..Similar structures were found at the 3' ends of the antibiotic resistance genes in Tn7, which could indicate similar recombination mechanisms to be effective in the evolutionary construction of all these different resistance elements. ..
- Båtshake B, Nilsson C, Sundelin J. Molecular characterization of the mouse prostanoid EP1 receptor gene. Eur J Biochem. 1995;231:809-14 pubmed..The expression of the EP1 receptor in the hypothalamus suggests that this prostanoid receptor is involved in mediating the fever response evoked by prostaglandin E2. ..
- Alexson S, Finlay T, Hellman U, Svensson L, Diczfalusy U, Eggertsen G. Molecular cloning and identification of a rat serum carboxylesterase expressed in the liver. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:17118-24 pubmed..The above experiments confirm the identity of the protein isolated from rat sera with the cDNA cloned from rat liver and suggest a function for the serum esterase in lipid metabolism. ..
- Aevarsson A, Brazhnikov E, Garber M, Zheltonosova J, Chirgadze Y, Al Karadaghi S, et al. Three-dimensional structure of the ribosomal translocase: elongation factor G from Thermus thermophilus. EMBO J. 1994;13:3669-77 pubmed..Domains III and V show structural similarities to ribosomal proteins. Domain IV protrudes from the main body of the protein and has an extraordinary topology with a left-handed cross-over connection between two parallel beta-strands...
- Qian N, Stanley G, Bunte A, Radstrom P. Product formation and phosphoglucomutase activities in Lactococcus lactis: cloning and characterization of a novel phosphoglucomutase gene. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 3):855-65 pubmed..In contrast, galactose and maltose were utilized concurrently and both PGM activities were high throughout the fermentation. ..
- Nilsson M, Frykberg L, Flock J, Pei L, Lindberg M, Guss B. A fibrinogen-binding protein of Staphylococcus epidermidis. Infect Immun. 1998;66:2666-73 pubmed..Sequence comparisons with earlier known proteins revealed that this protein is related to an Fg-binding protein of Staphylococcus aureus called clumping factor...
- Tohonen V, Osterlund C, Nordqvist K. Testatin: a cystatin-related gene expressed during early testis development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14208-13 pubmed..This gene therefore represents one of the putative downstream targets likely to have an essential role in tissue reorganization during early testis development. ..
- Provost P, Samuelsson B, Radmark O. Interaction of 5-lipoxygenase with cellular proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1881-5 pubmed..The identification of these 5LO-interacting proteins provides additional approaches to studies of the cellular functions of 5LO. ..
- Brattsand M, Egelrud T. Purification, molecular cloning, and expression of a human stratum corneum trypsin-like serine protease with possible function in desquamation. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30033-40 pubmed..The function of this new protease, tentatively named stratum corneum tryptic enzyme, may be related to stratum corneum turnover and desquamation in the epidermis. ..
- Nilsson J, Grahn B, Heby O. Antizyme inhibitor is rapidly induced in growth-stimulated mouse fibroblasts and releases ornithine decarboxylase from antizyme suppression. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 3:699-704 pubmed
- Bergkvist A, Johansson C, Johansson T, Rydstrom J, Karlsson B. Interactions of the NADP(H)-binding domain III of proton-translocating transhydrogenase from escherichia coli with NADP(H) and the NAD(H)-binding domain I studied by NMR and site-directed mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2000;39:12595-605 pubmed..Finally, by combining the above conclusions with information obtained by a further characterization of previously constructed mutants, the implications of the findings were considered in a mechanistic context. ..
- Haussuhl K, Andersson B, Adamska I. A chloroplast DegP2 protease performs the primary cleavage of the photodamaged D1 protein in plant photosystem II. EMBO J. 2001;20:713-22 pubmed..Increased expression of DegP2 under high salt, desiccation and light stress conditions was measured at the protein level. ..
- Mutisya J, Sathish P, Sun C, Andersson L, Ahlandsberg S, Baguma Y, et al. Starch branching enzymes in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) and barley (Hordeum vulgare): comparative analyses of enzyme structure and gene expression. J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:921-30 pubmed..This is similar to the pattern of barley sbeI but different from that of barley sbeIIb, which showed a peak of transcription at 12 days after pollination...
- Frumerie C, M Eriksson J, Dugast M, Haggård Ljungquist E. Dimerization of bacteriophage P2 integrase is not required for binding to its DNA target but for its biological activity. Gene. 2005;344:221-31 pubmed..The dimerization deficient mutants were unaffected in binding to its phage attachment site (attP) substrate, but had a reduced ability to complement an int-defective prophage...
- Ederth J, Mooney R, Isaksson L, Landick R. Functional interplay between the jaw domain of bacterial RNA polymerase and allele-specific residues in the product RNA-binding pocket. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:1163-79 pubmed..We suggest that the counteracting effects on pausing of the alterations in the jaw and the product RNA binding site may be mediated either by effects on translocation or via allosteric communication to the RNAP active site. ..
- Lundberg E, Bäckström S, Sauer U, Sauer Eriksson A. The transthyretin-related protein: structural investigation of a novel protein family. J Struct Biol. 2006;155:445-57 pubmed..The putative substrate/ligand-binding channel of TRP is consequently shallower and broader than its counterpart in TTR. ..
- Jiravanichpaisal P, Lee S, Kim Y, Andrén T, Söderhäll I. Antibacterial peptides in hemocytes and hematopoietic tissue from freshwater crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus: characterization and expression pattern. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:441-55 pubmed..The PlCrustin3 transcript was only upregulated after inoculation with the non-pathogenic Acinetobacter ssp. while there was no change in expression of Plcrustin2 or astacidin 2 following a bacterial challenge. ..
- Datta S, Johansson H, Hettiarachchi C, Irigoyen M, Desai M, Rubio V, et al. LZF1/SALT TOLERANCE HOMOLOG3, an Arabidopsis B-box protein involved in light-dependent development and gene expression, undergoes COP1-mediated ubiquitination. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2324-38 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified STH3 as a positive regulator of photomorphogenesis acting in concert with STH2 and HY5, while also being a target of COP1-mediated ubiquitination. ..
- Pellegrini M, Asin Cayuela J, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Larsson N, Gustafsson C. MTERF2 is a nucleoid component in mammalian mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1787:296-302 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work provides a basic biochemical characterization of MTERF2, paving the way for future functional studies. ..
- Janson H, Hed n L, Forsgren A. Protein D, the immunoglobulin D-binding protein of Haemophilus influenzae, is a lipoprotein. Infect Immun. 1992;60:1336-42 pubmed..The nonacylated protein D molecule was localized to the periplasmic space of Escherichia coli. The hydrophilic protein D molecule will be used in investigations concerning its ability to function as a vaccine component...
- Hughes D, Buckingham R. The nucleotide sequence of rpsL and its flanking regions in Salmonella typhimurium. Gene. 1991;104:123-4 pubmed..More surprisingly, the noncoding sequences surrounding the gene are also conserved at the 98% level, suggesting that they too are functionally important. ..
- Nordlund Möller L, Andersson O, Ahlgren R, Schilling J, Gillner M, Gustafsson J, et al. Cloning, structure, and expression of a rat binding protein for polychlorinated biphenyls. Homology to the hormonally regulated progesterone-binding protein uteroglobin. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12690-3 pubmed..Furthermore, amino acids shown by x-ray crystallography to delineate the central cavity of uteroglobin, which fits progesterone, are highly conserved in the two proteins. ..
- Mathews L, Enberg B, Norstedt G. Regulation of rat growth hormone receptor gene expression. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:9905-10 pubmed..No difference was observed between hepatic expression in males and females, although livers from pregnant rats had elevated levels. Hypophysectomy and GH treatment did not affect hepatic GH receptor mRNA levels. ..
- Christensson A, Lilja H. Complex formation between protein C inhibitor and prostate-specific antigen in vitro and in human semen. Eur J Biochem. 1994;220:45-53 pubmed..Although PCI is a slow inhibitor of PSA, complexes between PCI and PSA are detected at levels that correspond to an inactivation of up to 5% of the PSA activity in the ejaculate. ..
- Hu G, Ronne H. Overexpression of yeast PAM1 gene permits survival without protein phosphatase 2A and induces a filamentous phenotype. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:3429-35 pubmed..The PAM1 gene encodes a hydrophilic 93-kDa protein that contains two coiled coil motifs and has a highly basic C-terminal tail. High level overexpression of PAM1 inhibits growth and induces a filamentous phenotype. ..
- Welsh M, Mares J, Karlsson T, Lavergne C, Breant B, Claesson Welsh L. Shb is a ubiquitously expressed Src homology 2 protein. Oncogene. 1994;9:19-27 pubmed..It is concluded that Shb is a novel SH2-containing protein with proline-rich domains and therefore probably involved in the signal-transduction of some ligand-activated tyrosine kinase receptors. ..
- Cao Y, Chen A, An S, Ji R, Davidson D, Llinas M. Kringle 5 of plasminogen is a novel inhibitor of endothelial cell growth. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22924-8 pubmed..Thus, kringle 5 domain of human plasminogen is a novel endothelial inhibitor that is sufficiently potent to block the growth factor-stimulated endothelial cell growth. ..
- Naveilhan P, Baudet C, Mikaels A, Shen L, Westphal H, Ernfors P. Expression and regulation of GFRalpha3, a glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor family receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:1295-300 pubmed..The unique complementary and overlapping expression of gfralpha3 implies distinct functions in the developing and adult mouse from that of GFRalpha1 and GFRalpha2. ..
- Granlund M, Oberg L, Sellin M, Norgren M. Identification of a novel insertion element, IS1548, in group B streptococci, predominantly in strains causing endocarditis. J Infect Dis. 1998;177:967-76 pubmed..IS1548 was present in 9 of 13 GBS isolates from blood in endocarditis patients and in 3 of 22 vaginally colonizing strains...
- Olsson T, Ekwall K, Allshire R, Sunnerhagen P, Partridge J, Richardson W. Genetic characterisation of hda1+, a putative fission yeast histone deacetylase gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3247-54 pubmed..The significance of these results is discussed in the light of recent discoveries from other eukaryotes. ..
- Forsell P, Lindberg A, Karlsson S, Lindgren J, Claesson H. Purification, characterization, and cDNA sequencing of cytosolic phospholipase A(2) from equine neutrophils. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:1222-30 pubmed..This difference might explain the difference between the two cell types in the capacity to produce leukotrienes from endogenous substrate. ..
- Eriksson J, Haggård Ljungquist E. The multifunctional bacteriophage P2 cox protein requires oligomerization for biological activity. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:6714-23 pubmed..Furthermore we show that oligomerization is necessary for the biological activity by characterizing different cox mutants and that oligomerization is mediated by the C-terminal region...
- Lorenzo P, Aspberg A, Onnerfjord P, Bayliss M, Neame P, Heinegard D. Identification and characterization of asporin. a novel member of the leucine-rich repeat protein family closely related to decorin and biglycan. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12201-11 pubmed..The name asporin reflects the aspartate-rich amino terminus and the overall similarity to decorin. ..
- Eneqvist T, Lundberg E, Nilsson L, Abagyan R, Sauer Eriksson A. The transthyretin-related protein family. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:518-32 pubmed..The ligand for TRP is not known; however, genomic data support a functional role involving purine catabolism especially linked to urate oxidase (uricase) activity. ..
- Lundwall A, Malm J, Clauss A, Valtonen Andre C, Olsson A. Molecular cloning of complementary DNA encoding mouse seminal vesicle-secreted protein SVS I and demonstration of homology with copper amine oxidases. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1923-30 pubmed..The species difference in size of SVS I is caused by tandem repeats of 18 amino acid residues in the central part of the molecule: The mouse has seven repeats, and the rat has 12 repeats. ..
- Thorell H, Stenklo K, Karlsson J, Nilsson T. A gene cluster for chlorate metabolism in Ideonella dechloratans. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:5585-92 pubmed..The present work reveals that the genes encoding the enzymes catalyzing both these reactions are in close proximity...
- Alvarez Fernandez M, Liang Y, Abrahamson M, Su X. Crystal structure of human cystatin D, a cysteine peptidase inhibitor with restricted inhibition profile. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18221-8 pubmed
- El Amin N, Giske C, Jalal S, Keijser B, Kronvall G, Wretlind B. Carbapenem resistance mechanisms in Pseudomonas aeruginosa: alterations of porin OprD and efflux proteins do not fully explain resistance patterns observed in clinical isolates. APMIS. 2005;113:187-96 pubmed..In summary, our findings indicate that the resistance patterns observed cannot be fully explained by the currently described carbapenem resistance mechanisms. ..
- Eriksson U, Hassel J, Lullau E, Häggström L. Metalloproteinase activity is the sole factor responsible for the growth-promoting effect of conditioned medium in Trichoplusia ni insect cell cultures. J Biotechnol. 2005;119:76-86 pubmed..In addition, a gel filtration fraction of CM, eluting at about 10kDa, inhibited cell growth. Apart from a lysozyme precursor protein and a cyclophilin-like protein, a kazal-type proteinase inhibitor could be identified in this fraction. ..
- Alanentalo T, Chatonnet F, Karlen M, Sulniute R, Ericson J, Andersson E, et al. Cloning and analysis of Nkx6.3 during CNS and gastrointestinal development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:162-70 pubmed..2 both in the CNS and in the gut. Transient Nkx6.2 expression was also detected in the developing pancreas. However, analysis of Nkx6.2(-/-) mice did not display any obvious aberrations of pancreatic or stomach development. ..
- Tonning A, Helms S, Schwarz H, Uv A, Moussian B. Hormonal regulation of mummy is needed for apical extracellular matrix formation and epithelial morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:331-41 pubmed