Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Kim D, Kim S, Lim C, Choi K, Park C, Sung B, et al. Interaction of SPIN90 with the Arp2/3 complex mediates lamellipodia and actin comet tail formation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:617-25 pubmed..Taken these findings suggest that SPIN90 participates in reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and in actin-based cell motility. ..
- Jung D, Mo S, Kim D. Calumenin, a multiple EF-hands Ca2+-binding protein, interacts with ryanodine receptor-1 in rabbit skeletal sarcoplasmic reticulum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:34-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that calumenin-2 in the SR lumen can directly regulate the RyR1 activity in Ca2+-dependent manner...
- Kim H, Jo S, Song H, Park Z, Park C. Myelin basic protein as a binding partner and calmodulin adaptor for the BKCa channel. Proteomics. 2007;7:2591-602 pubmed..Since CaM is a key regulator of many Ca2+ -dependent processes, it may be recruited by MBP to the vicinity of the BKCa channel, modulating its functional activity. ..
- Lee S, Kang J, Park H, Kim M, Bae M, Choi H, et al. DREB2C interacts with ABF2, a bZIP protein regulating abscisic acid-responsive gene expression, and its overexpression affects abscisic acid sensitivity. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:716-27 pubmed publisher..Our result implies that the cooperation of the two classes of transcription factors may involve physical interaction. ..
- Kim N, Yoo J, Han J, Hwang E, Kim Y, Jeong E, et al. Human nuclear clusterin mediates apoptosis by interacting with Bcl-XL through C-terminal coiled coil domain. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:1157-67 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel mechanism of apoptosis mediated by nCLU as a pro-apoptotic molecule. ..
- Yang H, Kwon J, Choi H, Park S, Yang U, Park H, et al. In-depth analysis of cysteine oxidation by the RBC proteome: advantage of peroxiredoxin II knockout mice. Proteomics. 2012;12:101-12 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, protein networks among identified oxidation-sensitive proteins were analyzed to associate with various diseases. Consequently, we expected that RBC proteome might provide clues to understand redox-imbalanced diseases. ..
- Nguyen V, Qian Z, Ryu B, Kim K, Kim D, Kim Y, et al. Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) inhibitory effects of an octameric oligopeptide isolated from abalone Haliotis discus hannai. Food Chem. 2013;141:503-9 pubmed publisher..This data suggest that the AOP from H. discus hannai intestine may possess therapeutic and preventive potential for the treatment of MMPs-related disorders such as angiogenesis and cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Han J, Kim D, Kim H, Nelson D, Lee J. Genome-wide identification of 52 cytochrome P450 (CYP) genes in the copepod Tigriopus japonicus and their B[?]P-induced expression patterns. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2017;23:49-57 pubmed publisher..This study enhances our understanding of the repertoire of CYP genes in copepods and of their potential role in development and detoxification in copepods. ..
- Lee Y, Hong M, Kim J, Hong Y, Choe Y, Chang S, et al. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding human histone macroH2A1 subtypes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1399:73-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the macroH2A1.1 and macroH2A1.2 subtypes were expressed as mRNA species with a size of 1.5 and 4.4 kb, respectively. They were expressed in all human tissues examined. ..
- Lim M, Chae H, Rhee S, Yu D, Lee K, Yeom Y. The type II peroxiredoxin gene family of the mouse: molecular structure, expression and evolution. Gene. 1998;216:197-205 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that only the Prx II-1 gene might be relevant for studying the function of the Prx II gene in the murine system. ..
- Yun S, Kim S, Choi W, Nam J, Ju Y, Park K, et al. Molecular characterization of the full-length genome of the Japanese encephalitis viral strain K87P39. Virus Res. 2003;96:129-40 pubmed..We therefore performed a more extensive E gene-based phylogenetic analysis on a selection of 70 JEV isolates available from GenBank, which represent a temporally and geographically wide variety of JEV strains. ..
- Gomes C, Oh S, Kim J, Chun S, Lee K, Kwon H, et al. Expression of the putative sterol binding protein Stard6 gene is male germ cell specific. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:651-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Stard6, a member of the START protein family, may play a role during germ cell maturation in adult rat testis. ..
- Park S, Kim J, Kim I, Choi B, Jung K, Lee S, et al. Reabsorption of neutral amino acids mediated by amino acid transporter LAT2 and TAT1 in the basolateral membrane of proximal tubule. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:421-32 pubmed
- Kim D, Park C, Yoon J, Song W. Differential expression of the Wnt and Frizzled genes in Flk1+ cells derived from mouse ES cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2008;26:24-32 pubmed..The differential expression of Wnt and Frizzled genes in Flk1+ cells provides a novel insight into the role of non-canonical Wnt signalling in vascular endothelial fate determination. ..
- Lee J, Moon Y, Kim N, Kim Y, Kang H, Jung J, et al. Cloning and expression of the sucrose phosphorylase gene from Leuconostoc mesenteroides in Escherichia coli. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30:749-54 pubmed..8 U/mg with a K (m) of 3 mM with sucrose as a substrate; optimum activity was at 37 degrees C and pH 6.7. The purified 742SPase transferred the glucosyl moiety of sucrose to cytosine monophosphate (CMP)...
- Xianglan C, Ko K, Singaravelu G, Ahnn J. Novel calcineurin interacting protein-2: the functional characterization of CNP-2 in Caenorhabditis elegans. BMB Rep. 2008;41:455-60 pubmed..However, no gross defects were revealed in these RNAi experiments. CNP-2 was proven to be a Cn binding protein; however, its role remains to be elucidated. ..
- Yun E, Lee J, Kwon O, Hwang J, Kim I, Kang S, et al. Bombyx mori transferrin: genomic structure, expression and antimicrobial activity of recombinant protein. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:1064-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that BmTf is an inducible immune effector molecule that may play an important role in pathogen clearance of insect innate immunity...
- Singh B, Lee C, Sohng J. Precursor for biosynthesis of sugar moiety of doxorubicin depends on rhamnose biosynthetic pathway in Streptomyces peucetius ATCC 27952. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;85:1565-74 pubmed publisher..Hence, rmbB provides TDP-4-keto-6-deoxy-D-glucose as a nucleotide sugar precursor for the biosynthesis of doxorubicin. ..
- Han D, Kurusarttra S, Ryu J, Kanaly R, Hur H. Production of natural fragrance aromatic acids by coexpression of trans-anethole oxygenase and p-anisaldehyde dehydrogenase genes of Pseudomonas putida JYR-1 in Escherichia coli. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:11972-9 pubmed publisher..Because of the relaxed substrate specificity and high transformation rates by coexpressed TAO and PAADH in E. coli , the engineered strain has potential to be applied in the fragrance industry...
- Hong S, Jin J, Park J, Kim J, Jeong H. Analysis of proinflammatory gene expression by RBIV infection in rock bream, Oplegnathus faciatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:317-26 pubmed publisher..It is supposed that down-regulation of proinflammatory gene expression in the immune organs may result in the failure of antiviral immune responses, causing high mortalities by megalocytivirus infection in rock bream. ..
- Yang Y, Gil M, Choi E, Park S, Pyun K, Ha H. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of a human gene homologous to the murine R-PTP-kappa, a receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase. Gene. 1997;186:77-82 pubmed
- Kim S, Huh W, Lee B, Kang S. D-arabinose dehydrogenase and its gene from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1429:29-39 pubmed..This enzyme is the first heterodimeric protein of aldo-keto reductase family. In the deletion mutant of this gene, D-arabinose dehydrogenase activity and D-erythroascorbic acid were not detected. ..
- Kim W, Lee W, Song K, Kim J. Identification of a putative DEAD-box RNA helicase and a zinc-finger protein in Candida albicans by functional complementation of the S. cerevisiae rok1 mutation. Yeast. 2000;16:401-9 pubmed..This result is consistent with the lethality caused by the ROK1 overexpression. We conclude that CHR1 encodes a functional homologue of Rok1 protein and CSR1 is a heterologous suppressor of the rok1 mutation. ..
- Kim I, Kim D, Han S, Chin M, Nam H, Cho H, et al. Truncated form of importin alpha identified in breast cancer cell inhibits nuclear import of p53. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23139-45 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that importin alpha functions as a component of the NLS receptor for p53 and mediates nuclear import of p53. ..
- Lim H, Park C. Identification and functional characterization of ankyrin-repeat family protein ANKRA as a protein interacting with BKCa channel. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1013-25 pubmed..These results indicate that ANKRA could modulate the excitability of neurons by binding directly to endogenous BKCa channel and altering its gating kinetics in a calcium-dependent manner. ..
- Shin J, Sohn Y. Molecular cloning of stanniocalcin 1 and its extracorpuscular regulation by salinity and Ca2+ in the Japanese flounder. Zoolog Sci. 2008;25:728-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Stc1 synthesis in the ionregulatory tissues is responsive to environmental salinity and Ca2+ level...
- Kang H, Oh J, Kim D. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of the glucansucrase DSRWC from Weissella cibaria synthesizing a alpha(1-->6) glucan. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;292:33-41 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the molecular characterization of glucansucrase from a W. cibaria strain. ..
- Kim J, Na B, Song K, Park M, Park Y, Kim T. Functional expression and characterization of an iron-containing superoxide dismutase of Acanthamoeba castellanii. Parasitol Res. 2012;111:1673-82 pubmed
- Choi B, Sapkota K, Choi J, Shin C, Kim S, Kim S. Herinase: a novel bi-functional fibrinolytic protease from the monkey head mushroom, Hericium erinaceum. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013;170:609-22 pubmed publisher..Herinase exhibited maximum activity at 30 °C and pH 7.0. These results demonstrate that herinase could be a novel fibrinolytic enzyme. ..
- An J, Kim T, Park K, Lee J, Youn H, Lee Y, et al. Crystal structure of the N-terminal domain of MinC dimerized via domain swapping. J Synchrotron Radiat. 2013;20:984-8 pubmed publisher..It is therefore suggested that the dimerization of full-length EcoMinC occurs via both MinCCTD and MinCNTD, and that the dimerized EcoMinCNTD likely plays an important role in inhibiting aberrant Z-ring localization. ..
- Panthi S, Choi Y, Choi Y, Kim M, Yoo J. Biochemical and Thermodynamic Characterization of a Novel, Low Molecular Weight Xylanase from Bacillus Methylotrophicus CSB40 Isolated from Traditional Korean Food. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2016;179:126-42 pubmed publisher..The principal hydrolyzed end-products of this xylanase are xylobiose, xylotriose, and xylotetrose, which can be used in the pharmaceutical industry and as prebiotic in food. ..
- Song K, Lee S, Joo H, Rhee S. Nucleotide and derived amino acid sequences of an extracellular sucrase gene (invB) of Zymomonas mobilis ZM1 (ATCC10988). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1219:163-6 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of sucrase showed low similarity with that of other sucrases, but higher similarity with that of levansucrases. ..
- Li J, Choe H, Wang A, Maiti K, Wang C, Salam A, et al. Extracellular loop 3 (EL3) and EL3-proximal transmembrane helix 7 of the mammalian type I and type II gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptors determine differential ligand selectivity to GnRH-I and GnRH-II. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:1099-110 pubmed..As a whole, these data suggest a molecular coevolution of ligands and their receptors and facilitate the understanding of the molecular interaction between GnRHs and their cognate receptors. ..
- Park K, Goo J, Chung H, Kim H, Kim D, Park W. Cloning of the genes encoding mouse cardiac and skeletal calsequestrins: expression pattern during embryogenesis. Gene. 1998;217:25-30 pubmed..The expression of the skeletal calsequestrin in the myotome is regulated probably by myogenin, a myogenic regulatory gene. ..
- Cho S, Choi K, Park C. A new putative cyclic nucleotide-gated channel gene, cng-3, is critical for thermotolerance in Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:525-31 pubmed..These results indicate that CNG-3, a new member of CNG channel subunits, may play a critical role in sensation or response of thermal stress in C. elegans. ..
- Lee J, Yang S, Rho S, Im Y, Kim S, Kim Y, et al. Crystal structure and functional studies reveal that PAS factor from Vibrio vulnificus is a novel member of the saposin-fold family. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:491-500 pubmed..The resultant membrane destabilization likely mediates secretion of periplasmic proteins required for the in vivo survival and pathogenesis of V.vulnificus. ..
- Cha W, Park S, Kim S, Choi D. Biochemical and enzymatic properties of a fibrinolytic enzyme from Pleurotus eryngii cultivated under solid-state conditions using corn cob. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:6475-81 pubmed publisher..The fibrinolytic enzyme from P. eryngii cultivated under solid-state conditions using corn cob could be potentially exploited in thrombolytic therapy. ..
- Yun H, Park J, Ho D, Kim H, Kim C, Oh H, et al. LRRK2 phosphorylates Snapin and inhibits interaction of Snapin with SNAP-25. Exp Mol Med. 2013;45:e36 pubmed publisher..Combined, these data suggest that LRRK2 may regulate neurotransmitter release via control of Snapin function by inhibitory phosphorylation...
- Kim S, Woo J, Hwang Y, Jeong D, Shin D, Kim K, et al. The tetrameric structure of Haemophilus influenza hybrid Prx5 reveals interactions between electron donor and acceptor proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10790-8 pubmed publisher..Differences of electron donor binding surfaces in Prx proteins revealed by an analysis based on the structural information explain the electron donor specificities of various Prx proteins...
- Yea K, Zhang H, Xie J, Jones T, Yang G, Song B, et al. Converting stem cells to dendritic cells by agonist antibodies from unbiased morphogenic selections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:14966-71 pubmed publisher..This approach led to the identification of integrin-binding agonist antibodies that efficiently converted human stem cells to dendritic cells. ..
- Rho S, Lee K, Kim J, Shiba K, Jo Y, Kim S. Interaction between human tRNA synthetases involves repeated sequence elements. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10128-33 pubmed
- Park T, Paik W, Lim I. Induction of thermal and chemical stability of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase by Ca2+. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1599:36-44 pubmed
- Seong C, Jeong S, Park D, Yoon J, Oh Y, Yim J, et al. Molecular characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster gene encoding the pterin 4alpha-carbinolamine dehydratase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1388:273-8 pubmed..The potential promoter region, deduced from the determination of the transcription start point (tsp), lacks the distinct TATAAA box consensus sequence. ..
- Yang E, Oh Y, Lee E, Park A, Cho S, Yoo Y, et al. Oxygen-evolving enhancer protein 2 is phosphorylated by glycine-rich protein 3/wall-associated kinase 1 in Arabidopsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:862-8 pubmed..The phosphorylation of OEE2 is also induced in Arabidopsis by treatment with avirulent Pseudomonas syringae. Taken together, these results suggest that OEE2 activity is regulated by AtGRP-3/WAK1. ..
- Lee S, Jeong Y, Kim H, Park H, Yoon D, Kim D, et al. Presenilin enhancer-2 (PSENEN), a component of the gamma-secretase complex, is involved in adipocyte differentiation. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2009;37:170-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PSENEN plays an important role in adipocyte differentiation and that Notch signaling is involved in adipogenesis. ..
- Hwang I, Kim S, Kim C, Park Y, Tripathi G, Kim S, et al. Over-expression of the IGI1 leading to altered shoot-branching development related to MAX pathway in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:629-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the overexpression of the IGI1 influenced MAX pathway in the shoot branching regulation. ..
- Choi H, Hong J, Ha J, Kang J, Kim S. ABFs, a family of ABA-responsive element binding factors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1723-30 pubmed..Thus, a new family of ABRE binding factors indeed exists that have the potential to activate a large number of ABA/stress-responsive genes in Arabidopsis. ..
- Im Y, Kim J, Shen Y, Na Y, Han Y, Kim S, et al. Structural analysis of Arabidopsis thaliana nucleoside diphosphate kinase-2 for phytochrome-mediated light signaling. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:659-70 pubmed
- Kim K, Lee E, Lee S, Seo T, Jang I, Park J, et al. Species-specific variation of RPA-interacting protein (RIP) splice isoforms. BMB Rep. 2009;42:22-7 pubmed..Based on these results, we suggest that the RIPalpha gene gains more splice isoforms and additional modifications after molecular evolution. [BMB reports 2009; 42(1): 22-27]. ..
- Sohn H, Kim J, Shin M, Song K, Shin H. The Nf-actin gene is an important factor for food-cup formation and cytotoxicity of pathogenic Naegleria fowleri. Parasitol Res. 2010;106:917-24 pubmed publisher..Finally, it suggests that Nf-actin plays an important role in phagocytic activity of pathogenic N. fowleri...
- Suh Y, Shin Y, Kook M, Oh K, Park W, Kim S, et al. Cloning, genomic organization, alternative transcripts and expression analysis of CD99L2, a novel paralog of human CD99, and identification of evolutionary conserved motifs. Gene. 2003;307:63-76 pubmed..These observations support the inference that the evolutionary conserved gene, CD99L2, originated from a common ancestor gene of CD99, and its high conservation among species implies at least some essential function. ..
- Park S, Park Y, Son S, Lee K, Jung Y, Lee K, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of peptide-derived TSLP inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4710-4713 pubmed publisher..Their TSLP inhibition activities were determined by ELISA assay. Among them, three peptides (6-8) exhibited >50% inhibition at concentration of 0.3mM. They can be used as hit compounds for developing peptide-based TSLP inhibitors. ..
- Wu C, Lokanath N, Kim D, Park H, Hwang H, Kim S, et al. Structure of inorganic pyrophosphatase from Helicobacter pylori. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2005;61:1459-64 pubmed
- Kim J, Shin H, Kim K, Lee M. A pseudoknot improves selection efficiency in ribosome display. Mol Biotechnol. 2007;36:32-7 pubmed..Thus, in order to improve the efficiency of selection, this relatively short pseudoknot sequence could be incorporated into ribosome display. ..
- Han J, Kim D, Na K. Dysregulation of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway in canine cutaneous melanotic tumor. Vet Pathol. 2010;47:285-91 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that abnormal intracellular accumulation and substantially increased expression of beta-catenin are involved in canine cutaneous melanotic tumor. ..
- Park J, Park S, Cho M, Park M, Kang S, Kim D, et al. Molecular characterization of 45 kDa aspartic protease of Trichinella spiralis. Vet Parasitol. 2012;190:510-8 pubmed publisher..Ts-Asp was detected in ES proteins, and was able to elicit the production of specific antibodies. It is the first report of molecular characterization of aspartic protease isolated from T. spiralis. ..
- Hwang H, Park S, Kim J. Crystal structure of cbbF from Zymomonas mobilis and its functional implication. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:78-83 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, two ?-strands of ?1 and ?2 are disordered in the ZmcbbF structure. These data indicate that ZmcbbF might structurally belong to IMPase, and imply that its active site would be reorganized in a yet unreported way. ..
- Seong C, Kim Y, Chung H, Park D, Yim J, Baek K, et al. Isolation and characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster cDNA encoding the sepiapterin reductase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1443:239-44 pubmed..Southern analysis suggests that the Drosophila SR gene is encoded by a single copy gene. RNA blot analysis revealed that the gene expresses 1.5 kb mRNA in both adult heads and bodies. ..
- Kim J, Kim M, Joe M, Song S, Lee I, Choi S. The sctR of Salmonella enterica serova Typhimurium encoding a homologue of MerR protein is involved in the copper-responsive regulation of cuiD. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;210:99-103 pubmed..Copper-responsive induction and copper tolerance were restored by providing sctR in trans, suggesting that SctR plays an important role in intracellular copper detoxification. ..
- Kim Y, Ryu Y, Lee H, Cho Y, Kwon S, Lee J, et al. Characterization of a dITPase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus onnurineus NA1 and its application in PCR amplification. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;79:571-8 pubmed publisher..This study shows the first representation that removing dITP using a dITPase enhances the PCR amplification yield of family B-type DNA polymerase...
- Lee S, Cho D, Kang J, Kim S. An ARIA-interacting AP2 domain protein is a novel component of ABA signaling. Mol Cells. 2009;27:409-16 pubmed publisher..The role of ADAP is similar to that of ARIA, which is also a positive regulator of the ABA response. It appears that ADAP acts through the same ABA response pathway as ARIA. ..
- Bae C, Kalia J, Song I, Yu J, Kim H, Swartz K, et al. High yield production and refolding of the double-knot toxin, an activator of TRPV1 channels. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51516 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a starting point for detailed studies on the structural and functional characterization of DkTx and utilization of this toxin as a tool to explore the elusive mechanisms underlying the polymodal gating of TRPV1. ..
- Seo J, Song K, Jang K, Kim C, Jung B, Rhee S. Molecular cloning of a gene encoding the thermoactive levansucrase from Rrahnella aquatilis and its growth phase-dependent expression in Eescherichia coli. J Biotechnol. 2000;81:63-72 pubmed
- Kang J, Lee K, Sohn W, Na B. Identification and functional characterization of CsStefin-1, a cysteine protease inhibitor of Clonorchis sinensis. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2011;177:126-34 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively suggest the regulatory functions of CsStefin-1, modulation of CsCFs activity and processing, to protect the parasite from superfluous damage by the endogenous cysteine proteases. ..
- Song K, Joo H, Rhee S. Nucleotide sequence of levansucrase gene (levU) of Zymomonas mobilis ZM1 (ATCC10988). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1173:320-4 pubmed..Although this protein exhibited little similarity with other known levansucrases, several well-conserved regions were observed (1-5 regions). ..
- Kim J, Lee Y, Lee I, Kang H, Choe Y, Choe I. Cloning and expression of human cDNA encoding Na+, K(+)-ATPase gamma-subunit. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1350:133-5 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the cDNA hybridized to a 0.7 kb mRNA which was expressed in human kidney, pancreas and fetal liver. ..
- Lee T, Yu S, Kim S, Lee K, Rhee S, Yu D. Characterization of mouse peroxiredoxin I genomic DNA and its expression. Gene. 1999;239:243-50 pubmed..e. the Prx I gene was well conserved in human and mice via its anti-oxidant activity. ..
- Young Jang J, Jin Kwak K, Kang H. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a high mobility group protein in Cucumis sativus and its expression by abiotic stress treatments. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:205-8 pubmed..The present report identifies a novel gene encoding HMGB protein in cucumber that shows a significant response to abiotic stress treatments. ..
- Lee Y, Lee Y, Chung J. An intronless gene encoding a poly(A) polymerase is specifically expressed in testis. FEBS Lett. 2000;487:287-92 pubmed..These results suggest that Papt is involved in polyadenylation of transcripts expressed during spermatogenesis. ..
- Jang T, Bae J, Park O, Kim J, Cho K, Jeon J, et al. Identification and analysis of dominant negative mutants of RAIDD and PIDD. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:1557-63 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that point mutations on RAIDD (R147E) and on PIDD (Y814A) exert a dominant negative effect on the formation of the PIDDosome, and that this effect cannot be applied after the PIDDosome has been formed. ..
- Kim S, Lee B, Lee A, Won S, Park C. Effects of palmitoylation on the diffusional movement of BKCa channels in live cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:713-9 pubmed publisher..The diffusion of the mutant channel was also much faster than that of the wild type. Thus, the lateral movement of BKCa channels is greatly influenced by palmitoylation. ..
- Park Y, Hong S, Oh S, Kwak J, Lee H, Nam H. Two putative protein kinases from Arabidopsis thaliana contain highly acidic domains. Plant Mol Biol. 1993;22:615-24 pubmed..The transcripts of both genes are most abundant in leaf but are also expressed in other organs. The expression of the two genes is highly affected by light regime. ..
- Han Y, Kang S. Cloning of a cDNA encoding a new calcium-binding protein from Dictyostelium discoideum and its developmental regulation. FEBS Lett. 1998;441:302-6 pubmed..The mobility of CBP3 on SDS gel was shifted by treatment with EGTA, confirming the Ca2+-binding activity of the protein. ..
- Seo Y, Shin J, Ko K, Cha J, Park J, Lee B, et al. The molecular mechanism of Noxa-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in p53-mediated cell death. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48292-9 pubmed..Thus, we propose that there are at least two different pathways of mitochondrial dysfunction; one mediated through Noxa in response to genotoxic stresses and the other through tBid in response to death ligands. ..
- Woo H, Hong G, Jun J, Cho D, Choi H, Lee H, et al. Inhibition of Bcl10-mediated activation of NF-kappa B by BinCARD, a Bcl10-interacting CARD protein. FEBS Lett. 2004;578:239-44 pubmed..These results suggest that BinCARD interacts with Bcl10 to inhibit Bcl10-mediated activation of NF-kappa B and to suppress Bcl10 phosphorylation. ..
- Sahoo S, Kim T, Kang G, Lee J, Eom S, Kim D. Characterization of calumenin-SERCA2 interaction in mouse cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31109-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present results suggest that calumenin is a novel regulator of SERCA2, and its expressional changes are tightly coupled with Ca(2+)-cycling of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Kim J, Chung K. Novel de novo mutation in the KCNJ2 gene in a patient with Andersen-Tawil syndrome. Pediatr Neurol. 2009;41:464-6 pubmed publisher..The patient did not respond to acetazolamide, but experienced an improvement of the paralytic symptoms on treatment with a combination of spironolactone, amiloride, and potassium supplements. ..
- Oh S, Hahn H, Torrey T, Shin H, Choi W, Lee Y, et al. Identification of the human homologue of mouse KIF4, a kinesin superfamily motor protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1493:219-24 pubmed..Comparison of the ORF with that of mKIF4 revealed some dissimilarities in the putative cargo binding domain which might affect binding specificities. ..
- Kim M, Shin S, Bae K, Kim S, Park H. Molecular cloning of chitinase cDNAs from the silkworm, Bombyx mori and the fall webworm, Hyphantria cunea. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1998;28:163-71 pubmed..Northern analysis indicated that gene expression was up-regulated during the molting process, larval-pupal transformation and pupal-adult transformation, when enzymatic degradation of cuticle was occurring...
- Lee T, Yu S, Kim S, Kim Y, Choi I, Kang S, et al. Characterization of the murine gene encoding 1-Cys peroxiredoxin and identification of highly homologous genes. Gene. 1999;234:337-44 pubmed..These results suggest that only the 1-Cys Prx gene might be relevant for studying the function of the 1-Cys Prx in the murine system. ..
- Hwang J, Go H, Goo T, Yun E, Choi K, Seong S, et al. cDNA cloning and mRNA expression of LIM protein gene homologue from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Biotechnol Lett. 2004;26:1469-73 pubmed..The B. mori LIM protein homologue is classified into group 2 LIM proteins that contain glycine-rich LIM domain. B. mori LIM protein mRNA is up-regulated at late embryogenesis and detected in the mid-gut of 5th instar larvae. ..
- Zhu W, Lan H, Park Y, Yang S, Kim J, Park I, et al. Effects of Pro --> peptoid residue substitution on cell selectivity and mechanism of antibacterial action of tritrpticin-amide antimicrobial peptide. Biochemistry. 2006;45:13007-17 pubmed