Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Norway
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Arentz Hansen E, McAdam S, Molberg O, Kristiansen C, Sollid L. Production of a panel of recombinant gliadins for the characterisation of T cell reactivity in coeliac disease. Gut. 2000;46:46-51 pubmed
- Dalhus B, Saarinen M, Sauer U, Eklund P, Johansson K, Karlsson A, et al. Structural basis for thermophilic protein stability: structures of thermophilic and mesophilic malate dehydrogenases. J Mol Biol. 2002;318:707-21 pubmed publisher..A structural alignment of tetrameric and dimeric prokaryotic MDHs reveal that structural elements that differ among dimeric and tetrameric MDHs are located in a few loop regions...
- Andersen Ø, Østbye T, Gabestad I, Nielsen C, Bardal T, Galloway T. Molecular characterization of a PDZ-LIM protein in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): a fish ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM-protein (ALP). J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2004;25:61-8 pubmed..However, in contrast to the restricted expression of ALP in higher vertebrates, the ubiquitous expression of salmon ALP suggest that this factor is involved in the assembly of additional multi-protein complexes in fish. ..
- Charnock C, Refseth U, Sirevåg R. Malate dehydrogenase from Chlorobium vibrioforme, Chlorobium tepidum, and Heliobacterium gestii: purification, characterization, and investigation of dinucleotide binding by dehydrogenases by use of empirical methods of protein sequence analysis. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1307-13 pubmed..The sequences presented probably possess a stretch of amino acids involved in dinucleotide binding which is similar to that of Chloroflexus aurantiacus MDH and other classes of dehydrogenase enzymes but unique among MDHs. ..
- Slupphaug G, Markussen F, Olsen L, Aasland R, Aarsaether N, Bakke O, et al. Nuclear and mitochondrial forms of human uracil-DNA glycosylase are encoded by the same gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:2579-84 pubmed..We conclude that the same gene encodes nuclear and mitochondrial uracil-DNA glycosylase and that the signals for mitochondrial translocation resides in the presequence, whereas signals for nuclear import are within the mature protein. ..
- Nornes S, Mikkola I, Krauss S, Delghandi M, Perander M, Johansen T. Zebrafish Pax9 encodes two proteins with distinct C-terminal transactivating domains of different potency negatively regulated by adjacent N-terminal sequences. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26914-23 pubmed
- Bjørås M, Gjesdal O, Erickson J, Torp R, Levy L, Ottersen O, et al. Cloning and expression of a neuronal rat brain glutamate transporter. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;36:163-8 pubmed..High resolution, non-radioactive in situ hybridization histochemistry in rat brain revealed the mRNA in several types of glutamatergic as well as non-glutamatergic neurons, but not in glial cells...
- Fjellbirkeland A, Kleivdal H, Joergensen C, Thestrup H, Jensen H. Outer membrane proteins of Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath). Arch Microbiol. 1997;168:128-35 pubmed..When reconstituted into black lipid membranes, this oligomer was shown to serve as a channel with an estimated single-channel conductance of 1.4 nS in 1 M KCl. ..
- Orstavik S, Eide T, Collas P, Han I, Tasken K, Kieff E, et al. Identification, cloning and characterization of a novel nuclear protein, HA95, homologous to A-kinase anchoring protein 95. Biol Cell. 2000;92:27-37 pubmed..The similarity in sequence and localization of HA95 and AKAP95 suggests that the two molecules constitute a novel family of nuclear proteins that may exhibit related functions. ..
- Gjerset B, Storset A, Rimstad E. Genetic diversity of small-ruminant lentiviruses: characterization of Norwegian isolates of Caprine arthritis encephalitis virus. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:573-80 pubmed..The results described here reveal a distant genetic relationship between Norwegian CAEV and other SRLVs and demonstrate that there is more geographical heterogeneity among SRLVs than reported previously...
- Seppola M, Stenvik J, Steiro K, Solstad T, Robertsen B, Jensen I. Sequence and expression analysis of an interferon stimulated gene (ISG15) from Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.). Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:156-71 pubmed..The expression of ISG15 in head kidney cells was also induced in vitro by treatment with poly I:C, but not significantly with LPS. However, injection of formalin killed Vibrio anguillarum-induced ISG15 expression in head kidney. ..
- Siltberg Liberles J, Steen I, Svebak R, Martinez A. The phylogeny of the aromatic amino acid hydroxylases revisited by characterizing phenylalanine hydroxylase from Dictyostelium discoideum. Gene. 2008;427:86-92 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the few active site substitutions between DictyoPAH and mammalian PAH, including mutant expression analysis, reveals potential structural determinants for allosteric regulation...
- B hle L, Mathiesen G, Vaaje Kolstad G, Eijsink V. An endo-?-N-acetylglucosaminidase from Enterococcus faecalis V583 responsible for the hydrolysis of high-mannose and hybrid-type N-linked glycans. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;325:123-9 pubmed publisher..The activity of EF2863 is similar to that of the well known deglycosylating enzyme EndoH from Streptomyces plicatus. According to the CAZy nomenclature, the enzyme is designated EfEndo18A...
- Berdal K, Bjørås M, Bjelland S, Seeberg E. Cloning and expression in Escherichia coli of a gene for an alkylbase DNA glycosylase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae; a homologue to the bacterial alkA gene. EMBO J. 1990;9:4563-8 pubmed..The yeast enzyme was able to excise 7-methylguanine as well as 3-methyladenine from dimethyl sulphate treated DNA, confirming the related nature of this enzyme to the AlkA DNA glycosylase from E. coli. ..
- Matre V, Karlsen H, Wright M, Lundell I, Fjeldheim A, Gabrielsen O, et al. Molecular cloning of a functional human thyrotropin-releasing hormone receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;195:179-85 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence of the hTRH-R protein showed high homology with the rat and mouse TRH-Rs with the exception of their C-terminal region. The human TRH-R gene seems to contain two introns. ..
- Aardal S, Helle K, Elsayed S, Reed R, Serck Hanssen G. Vasostatins, comprising the N-terminal domain of chromogranin A, suppress tension in isolated human blood vessel segments. J Neuroendocrinol. 1993;5:405-12 pubmed..Preincubation of endothelium-denuded SV segments with nifedipine (1 microM) inhibited the sustained response to ET-1 > or = 10 nM by 50%.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Heir E, Sundheim G, Holck A. The Staphylococcus qacH gene product: a new member of the SMR family encoding multidrug resistance. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;163:49-56 pubmed..An additional open reading frame on p2H6 encoded a putative protein with similarity to rolling circle replication proteins...
- Seo H, Drivenes O, Fjose A. A zebrafish Six4 homologue with early expression in head mesoderm. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1442:427-31 pubmed..Transcripts were detected in a wide range of embryonic stages and in adults. Notably, the strongest expression was observed in head mesoderm of late gastrula and early neurula stages. ..
- Aas P, Otterlei M, Falnes P, Vågbø C, Skorpen F, Akbari M, et al. Human and bacterial oxidative demethylases repair alkylation damage in both RNA and DNA. Nature. 2003;421:859-63 pubmed..The different catalytic properties and the different subnuclear localization patterns shown by the human homologues indicate that hABH2 and hABH3 have distinct roles in the cellular response to alkylation damage. ..
- Klemsdal S, Clarke J, Hoell I, Eijsink V, Brurberg M. Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression studies of a novel chitinase gene (ech30) from the mycoparasite Trichoderma atroviride strain P1. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;256:282-9 pubmed
- Huang T, Olsvik P, Kr vel A, Tung H, Torstensen B. Stress-induced expression of protein disulfide isomerase associated 3 (PDIA3) in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;154:435-42 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a signaling connection between oxidative stress and ER stress. PDIA3 and C/EBPdelta may be valuable markers in fish for exposure and effect to environmental stress...
- Friedrich M, Setz C, Hahn F, Matthaei A, Fraedrich K, Rauch P, et al. Glutamic Acid Residues in HIV-1 p6 Regulate Virus Budding and Membrane Association of Gag. Viruses. 2016;8:117 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that the glutamic acids within p6 contribute to the late steps of viral replication and may contribute to the interaction of Gag with the plasma membrane. ..
- Kvingedal A, R rvik K, Alestr m P. Cloning and characterization of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) serum transferrin cDNA. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1993;2:233-8 pubmed..Both variants were present together in genomic DNA from haploid embryos, demonstrating that Atlantic salmon have 2 transferrin genes per haploid complement. Salmon transferrin is expressed mainly in the liver...
- Eide L, Sander C, Prydz H. Sequencing and analysis of a 35.4 kb region on the right [corrected] arm of chromosome IV from Saccharomyces cerevisiae reveal 23 open reading frames. Yeast. 1996;12:1085-90 pubmed..The remaining 11 ORFs bore no significant similarity to any published protein. ..
- Tvermyr M, Kristiansen B, Kristensen T. Cloning, sequence analysis and expression in E. coli of the DNA polymerase I gene from Chloroflexus aurantiacus, a green nonsulfur eubacterium. Genet Anal. 1998;14:75-83 pubmed
- Shadidy M, Caubit X, Olsen R, Seternes O, Moens U, Krauss S. Biochemical analysis of mouse FKBP60, a novel member of the FKPB family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:295-307 pubmed..mFKBP60 binds Ca2+ in vitro, presumably by its C-terminal EF-hand Ca2+ binding motif, and is phosphorylated in vivo. hFKBP60 has been mapped to 7p12 and/or 7p14 by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). ..
- Sandal T, Aumo L, Hedin L, Gjertsen B, Døskeland S. Irod/Ian5: an inhibitor of gamma-radiation- and okadaic acid-induced apoptosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3292-304 pubmed..The function and localization of Irod indicate that the centrosome and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II may have important roles in apoptosis signaling. ..
- Nylenna O, Naper C, Vaage J, Woon P, Gauguier D, Dissen E, et al. The genes and gene organization of the Ly49 region of the rat natural killer cell gene complex. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:261-72 pubmed..When comparing the lectin-like domains, the receptors form smaller subgroups, most containing at least one inhibitory and one activating or 'bifunctional' receptor, where close sequence similarities suggest recent homogenization events. ..
- Stensvåg K, Haug T, Sperstad S, Rekdal O, Indrevoll B, Styrvold O. Arasin 1, a proline-arginine-rich antimicrobial peptide isolated from the spider crab, Hyas araneus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:275-85 pubmed..Synthetic arasin 1 showed antibacterial activity. A putative isoform of arasin 1, named arasin 2, was found at the genetic level, and both transcripts were shown by real-time RT-PCR to be expressed mainly in hemocytes. ..
- Niiranen L, Altermark B, Brandsdal B, Leiros H, Helland R, Smalås A, et al. Effects of salt on the kinetics and thermodynamic stability of endonuclease I from Vibrio salmonicida and Vibrio cholerae. FEBS J. 2008;275:1593-605 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that endonuclease I adaptation is closely coupled to the conditions of the habitats of natural Vibrio, with VsEndA displaying a remarkable salt tolerance unique amongst the endonucleases characterized so far. ..
- Holmner A, Mackenzie A, Okvist M, Jansson L, Lebens M, Teneberg S, et al. Crystal structures exploring the origins of the broader specificity of escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin compared to cholera toxin. J Mol Biol. 2011;406:387-402 pubmed publisher..Binding to N-acetyllactosamine-terminated receptors is further augmented by Arg13 (present in pLT and some hLT variants), as previously predicted. ..
- Nieto Lozano J, Meyer J, Sletten K, Pel z C, Nes I. Purification and amino acid sequence of a bacteriocin produced by Pediococcus acidilactici. J Gen Microbiol. 1992;138:1985-90 pubmed publisher..Leucocin A-UAL 187 and curvacin A had, respectively, at least 16 and 13 amino acid residues in common with the bacteriocin from P. acidilactici...
- Krauss S, Korzh V, Fjose A, Johansen T. Expression of four zebrafish wnt-related genes during embryogenesis. Development. 1992;116:249-59 pubmed..By analogy to wnt-1, it is likely that the members of the zebrafish wnt gene family play an important role in cell-to-cell signalling during pattern formation in the neural tube and the tail bud. ..
- Krauss S, Johansen T, Korzh V, Fjose A. Expression of the zebrafish paired box gene pax[zf-b] during early neurogenesis. Development. 1991;113:1193-206 pubmed..The characteristic expression pattern of pax[zf-b] in the neural tube suggests an involvement of this gene in the regionalization of the midbrain as well as in the specification of neuronal cell fates at early embryonic stages. ..
- Berg S, Dissen E, Westgaard I, Fossum S. Two genes in the rat homologous to human NKG2. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:444-50 pubmed
- Linnestad C, Doan D, Brown R, Lemmon B, Meyer D, Jung R, et al. Nucellain, a barley homolog of the dicot vacuolar-processing protease, is localized in nucellar cell walls. Plant Physiol. 1998;118:1169-80 pubmed..We propose that nucellain plays a role in processing and/or turnover of cell wall proteins in developing cereal grains. ..
- Martins S, Eide T, Steen R, Jahnsen T, Skålhegg B S, Collas P. HA95 is a protein of the chromatin and nuclear matrix regulating nuclear envelope dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 21:3703-13 pubmed..We propose that HA95 is a central platform at the chromatin/nuclear matrix interface implicated in regulating nuclear envelope-chromatin interactions during the cell cycle. ..
- Hajjar E, Korkmaz B, Gauthier F, Brandsdal B, Witko Sarsat V, Reuter N. Inspection of the binding sites of proteinase3 for the design of a highly specific substrate. J Med Chem. 2006;49:1248-60 pubmed..On the basis of the simulations, we suggest that VADVKDR is a highly specific sequence for PR3; enzymatic assays confirm that it is cleaved by PR3 with a high specificity constant (k(cat)/K(m) = 3,400,000 M(-1) s(-1)) and not by HNE. ..
- Zoppellaro G, Harbitz E, Kaur R, Ensign A, Bren K, Andersson K. Modulation of the ligand-field anisotropy in a series of ferric low-spin cytochrome c mutants derived from Pseudomonas aeruginosa cytochrome c-551 and Nitrosomonas europaea cytochrome c-552: a nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic reso. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:15348-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, for these His-Met axially coordinated Fe(III), the large g(max) value EPR signal does not represent a special case as is observed for bis-His axially coordinated Fe(III) with the two His planes perpendicular to each other...
- Bjerkan K, Jung Roméo S, Jurgens G, Genschik P, Grini P. Arabidopsis WD repeat domain55 Interacts with DNA damaged binding protein1 and is required for apical patterning in the embryo. Plant Cell. 2012;24:1013-33 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the observed embryo and endosperm phenotype is reminiscent of CUL4 or DDB1A/B loss of function and thus may support a regulatory role of a putative CRL4(WDR55) E3 ligase complex. ..
- R kenes T, Larsen R, Robertsen B. Atlantic salmon ISG15: Expression and conjugation to cellular proteins in response to interferon, double-stranded RNA and virus infections. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:950-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that AsISG15 has a role in the antiviral interferon response of Atlantic salmon...
- Rygg M, Marhaug G, Husby G, Dowton S. Rabbit serum amyloid protein A: expression and primary structure deduced from cDNA sequences. Scand J Immunol. 1991;34:727-34 pubmed..SAA1 and SAA2 mRNA were found in approximately equal amounts in turpentine-stimulated rabbit liver, but seem to be coordinately decreased after repeated inflammatory stimulation. ..
- Rossevatin K, Andresen P, Sletten K, Husebekk A, Husby G, Nordstoga K, et al. The complete amino acid sequence of bovine serum amyloid protein A (SAA) and of subspecies of the tissue-deposited amyloid fibril protein A. Scand J Immunol. 1992;35:217-24 pubmed..The amino acid sequences established for the protein AA subspecies revealed no microheterogeneity, and were identical to that elucidated for protein SAA. ..
- Andersen O, Dehli A, Standal H, Giskegjerde T, Karstensen R, R rvik K. Two ferritin subunits of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): cloning of the liver cDNAs and antibody preparation. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1995;4:164-70 pubmed..Polyclonal antibodies against both salmon ferritin H and M were raised in rabbits...
- Kalland K, Szilvay A, Brokstad K, Saetrevik W, Haukenes G. The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Rev protein shuttles between the cytoplasm and nuclear compartments. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7436-44 pubmed..The results show that Rev has the potential to interfere specifically with the splicing of the HIV pre-mRNA in the nucleoplasm and, next, guide such mRNAs to the cytoplasm for translation. ..
- Lindqvist B, Deho G, Calendar R. Mechanisms of genome propagation and helper exploitation by satellite phage P4. Microbiol Rev. 1993;57:683-702 pubmed..Expression of P4 replication functions is prevented by premature transcription termination effected by this small RNA molecule, which contains a sequence that is complementary to a sequence in the transcript that it terminates. ..
- Brzozowska A, Fries R, Womack J, Grimholt U, Myklebost O, Rogne S. Isolation, sequencing, and expression analysis of a bovine apolipoprotein E (APOE) cDNA and chromosomal localization of the APOE locus. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:53-7 pubmed
- Orstavik S, Solberg R, Tasken K, Nordahl M, Altherr M, Hansson V, et al. Molecular cloning, cDNA structure, and chromosomal localization of the human type II cGMP-dependent protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;220:759-65 pubmed..By using polymerase chain reaction and Southern blotting on somatic cell hybrids, the gene encoding, the type II cGMP-dependent protein kinase was mapped to human chromosome 4q13.1-q21.1. ..
- Nilsen I, Bakke I, Vader A, Olsvik O, El Gewely M. Isolation of cmr, a novel Escherichia coli chloramphenicol resistance gene encoding a putative efflux pump. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:3188-93 pubmed..We provide evidence strongly suggesting that the resistance mediated by Cmr involves active exclusion of chloramphenicol. ..
- Foss K, Solberg R, Simard J, Myklebust F, Hansson V, Jahnsen T, et al. Molecular cloning, upstream sequence and promoter studies of the human gene for the regulatory subunit RII alpha of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1350:98-108 pubmed..We show that the low homology region of the human RII alpha cDNA resides entirely within exon 1, and does not originate from a tissue-specific alternate splicing of this distinct region. ..
- Ostvold A, Norum J, Mathiesen S, Wanvik B, Sefland I, Grundt K. Molecular cloning of a mammalian nuclear phosphoprotein NUCKS, which serves as a substrate for Cdk1 in vivo. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2430-40 pubmed..Phosphopeptide mapping and back-phosphorylation experiments employing NUCKS from HeLa interphase and metaphase cells show that the protein is phosphorylated by Cdk1 during mitosis of the cell cycle. ..
- Moe A, Ringvoll J, Nordstrand L, Eide L, Bjørås M, Seeberg E, et al. Incision at hypoxanthine residues in DNA by a mammalian homologue of the Escherichia coli antimutator enzyme endonuclease V. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:3893-900 pubmed
- Carlson C, Lygren B, Berge T, Hoshi N, Wong W, Tasken K, et al. Delineation of type I protein kinase A-selective signaling events using an RI anchoring disruptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21535-45 pubmed..This study suggests that these processes are controlled by the type I PKA holoenzyme and that RIAD can be used as a tool to define anchored type I PKA signaling events. ..
- Aukrust I, Hollås H, Strand E, Evensen L, Trave G, Flatmark T, et al. The mRNA-binding site of annexin A2 resides in helices C-D of its domain IV. J Mol Biol. 2007;368:1367-78 pubmed
- Steffensen K, Bouzga M, Skjeldal F, Kasi C, Karahasan A, Matre V, et al. Human NCU-G1 can function as a transcription factor and as a nuclear receptor co-activator. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:106 pubmed..We propose that NCU-G1 is a dual-function protein capable of functioning as a transcription factor as well as a nuclear receptor co-activator. ..
- Hansen T, Puntervoll P, Seternes O, Jørgensen J. Atlantic salmon possess three mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 6 paralogs responding differently to stress. FEBS J. 2008;275:4887-902 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, MKK3 is dispensable in some vertebrates because it is absent from fish genomes despite being present in chicken and all mammals sequenced so far. ..
- Jarnaess E, Ruppelt A, Stokka A, Lygren B, Scott J, Tasken K. Dual specificity A-kinase anchoring proteins (AKAPs) contain an additional binding region that enhances targeting of protein kinase A type I. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33708-18 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the RISR acts in synergy with the amphipathic helix in dual specificity anchoring proteins to enhance anchoring of PKA type I. ..
- Starheim K, Gromyko D, Evjenth R, Ryningen A, Varhaug J, Lillehaug J, et al. Knockdown of human N alpha-terminal acetyltransferase complex C leads to p53-dependent apoptosis and aberrant human Arl8b localization. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3569-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, hNatC-mediated N-terminal acetylation is important for maintenance of protein function and cell viability in human cells. ..
- Overgård A, Hordvik I, Nerland A, Eikeland G, Patel S. Cloning and expression analysis of Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) CD3 genes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:707-13 pubmed publisher..The real time RT-PCR analysis revealed a highly similar expression pattern of the CD3 genes and the TCRalpha and TCRbeta genes, indicating that the functional relationship between the TCR and the CD3 genes are preserved in teleosts...
- Bratland E, Magitta N, Bøe Wolff A, Ekern T, Knappskog P, Kämpe O, et al. Autoantibodies against aromatic amino acid hydroxylases in patients with autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 1 target multiple antigenic determinants and reveal regulatory regions crucial for enzymatic activity. Immunobiology. 2013;218:899-909 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TPH1, TPH2 and TH all have unique antigenic properties in spite of their structural similarity. ..
- Lorens J, Nerland A, Male R, Lossius I, Telle W, Totland G. The nucleotide sequence of Atlantic salmon growth hormone cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2352 pubmed
- Grindflek E, Sundvold H, Klungland H, Lien S. Characterisation of porcine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors gamma 1 and gamma 2: detection of breed and age differences in gene expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:713-8 pubmed..The tissue distribution pattern of PPAR gamma 1 and gamma 2 suggests a modulation of tissue distribution for the two transcripts and obvious age and breed differences in gene expression in swine. ..
- Tranebjaerg L, Hamel B, Gabreels F, Renier W, Van Ghelue M. A de novo missense mutation in a critical domain of the X-linked DDP gene causes the typical deafness-dystonia-optic atrophy syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2000;8:464-7 pubmed
- Granquist E, Stuen S, Lundgren A, Bråten M, Barbet A. Outer membrane protein sequence variation in lambs experimentally infected with Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Infect Immun. 2008;76:120-6 pubmed..phagocytophilum and the host immune system in naturally occurring persistent infections and provide an important comparison with enduring infections of cattle caused by A. marginale. ..
- Vaaje Kolstad G, Bunaes A, Mathiesen G, Eijsink V. The chitinolytic system of Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis comprises a nonprocessive chitinase and a chitin-binding protein that promotes the degradation of alpha- and beta-chitin. FEBS J. 2009;276:2402-15 pubmed..These results show the general importance of chitin-binding proteins in chitin turnover, and provide the first example of a family 33 chitin-binding protein that increases chitinase efficiency towards alpha-chitin...
- Ostvold A, Hullstein I, Sletten K. p23, a novel mammalian nucleic acid-binding protein with homology to the yeast ribosomal protein YL43. FEBS Lett. 1992;298:219-22 pubmed..Cellular localization, amino acid composition and the N-terminal sequence suggest that the protein is a ribosomal protein with extensive sequence homology to the ribosomal protein, YL43, from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Olsen L, Aasland R, Wittwer C, Krokan H, Helland D. Molecular cloning of human uracil-DNA glycosylase, a highly conserved DNA repair enzyme. EMBO J. 1989;8:3121-5 pubmed..The similarity between the different uracil-DNA glycosylase genes is confined to several discrete boxes. These findings strongly indicate that uracil-DNA glycosylases from phylogenetically distant species are highly conserved. ..
- Sommerfelt M, Harkestad N, Hunter E. The endogenous langur type D retrovirus PO-1-Lu and its exogenous counterparts in macaque and langur monkeys. Virology. 2003;315:275-82 pubmed..The potential that SRV-6 represents an exogenous form of PO-1-Lu that has arisen following a recent zoonosis is discussed...
- Holtsmark I, Mantzilas D, Eijsink V, Brurberg M. Purification, characterization, and gene sequence of michiganin A, an actagardine-like lantibiotic produced by the tomato pathogen Clavibacter michiganensis subsp. michiganensis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:5814-21 pubmed..sepedonicus, the causal agent of ring rot of potatoes, with MICs in the low nanomolar range. Thus, michiganin A may have some potential in biological control of potato ring rot. ..
- Zhao X, Suh C, Prat C, Ellingsen S, Fjose A. Distinct expression of two foxg1 paralogues in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:266-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that foxg1b and foxg1c have undergone expression pattern divergence during evolution that has resulted in functional specialization. ..
- Moosmann A, Campsteijn C, Jansen P, Nasrallah C, Raasholm M, Stunnenberg H, et al. Histone variant innovation in a rapidly evolving chordate lineage. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:208 pubmed publisher..Substantial innovation among all core and linker histone variants has evolved in concert with adaptation of specific life history traits in this rapidly evolving chordate lineage. ..
- Karlsen O, Puntervoll P, Goksøyr A. Mass spectrometric analyses of microsomal cytochrome P450 isozymes isolated from ?-naphthoflavone-treated Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) liver reveal insights into the cod CYPome. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;108:2-10 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the majority of the CYPs revealed in this study have not previously been reported from cod, and represents the first proteomic survey to uncover the expressed complement of CYPs in any non-mammalian species...
- Smal s A, Heimstad E, Hordvik A, Willassen N, Male R. Cold adaption of enzymes: structural comparison between salmon and bovine trypsins. Proteins. 1994;20:149-66 pubmed publisher..The distribution of charged residues is different in the two trypsins, and the impact this might have on substrate affinity has been discussed...
- Andersen O, Flengsrud R, Norberg K, Salte R. Salmon antithrombin has only three carbohydrate side chains, and shows functional similarities to human beta-antithrombin. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:1651-7 pubmed
- Mikalsen T, Johannessen M, Moens U. Sequence- and position-dependent tagging protects extracellular-regulated kinase 3 protein from 26S proteasome-mediated degradation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:2513-20 pubmed..A stabilized variant may facilitate studies on the biological role of the protein. ..
- Barsnes H, Mikalsen S, Eidhammer I. MassSorter: a tool for administrating and analyzing data from mass spectrometry experiments on proteins with known amino acid sequences. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:42 pubmed..The program and a tutorial are freely available for academic users at http://www.bioinfo.no/software/massSorter. MassSorter has a number of useful features that can promote the analysis and administration of MS-data. ..
- Patel S, Overgård A, Nerland A. CD8alpha and CD8beta in Atlantic halibut, Hippoglossus hippoglossus: cloning, characterization and gene expression during viral and bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;25:570-80 pubmed publisher..Both CD8alpha and CD8beta were significantly (P<0.05) down-regulated in spleen at 48h compared to their levels at 12h post-infection with nodavirus and V. anguillarum...
- Weel Sneve R, Bjørås M, Kristiansen K. Overexpression of the LexA-regulated tisAB RNA in E. coli inhibits SOS functions; implications for regulation of the SOS response. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6249-59 pubmed publisher..These data shed new light on the complexity of SOS regulation in which the uxaA gene could link sugar metabolism to the SOS response via antisense regulation of the tisAB gene. ..
- Johansen B, Johnsen O, Valla S. The complete nucleotide sequence of the growth-hormone gene from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Gene. 1989;77:317-24 pubmed..Some of these conserved sequences are known to be involved in the specificity of expression of the mammalian genes. ..
- Dissen E, Berg S, Westgaard I, Fossum S. Molecular characterization of a gene in the rat homologous to human CD94. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:2080-6 pubmed..The identification of a rat CD94 orthologue suggests that NK cell populations utilize two different C-type lectin receptors for MHC class I molecules in parallel. ..
- Foss G, Larsen F, Solheim J, Prydz H. Constitutive and interferon-gamma-induced expression of the human proteasome subunit multicatalytic endopeptidase complex-like 1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1402:17-28 pubmed..The differential expression of MECL1 may be of importance for which antigenic peptides are presented by different cells as well as by the same cells at different IFN-gamma levels. ..
- Jacob A, Lund J, Martinez P, Hedin L. Acetylation of steroidogenic factor 1 protein regulates its transcriptional activity and recruits the coactivator GCN5. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37659-64 pubmed..Inhibition of deacetylation by trichostatin A, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, increased SF-1-mediated transactivation and stabilized and induced the nuclear export of the SF-1 protein. ..
- Lødemel J, Egge Jacobsen W, Olsen R. Detection of TIMP-2-like protein in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) muscle using two-dimensional real-time reverse zymography. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;139:253-9 pubmed..Finally, de novo sequencing of two peptides derived from the cod muscle inhibitor showed high homology to TIMP-2s both from human and other teleosts...
- Oftedal B, Ladstein S, Telle W, Male R. Ligand-dependent protein interactions of the estrogen receptors using the yeast two-hybrid system. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1040:420-5 pubmed..The activation of salmon ERs by estradiol-17beta was shown to be necessary for dimerization. Furthermore, the xenoestrogens, 4-nonylphenol and bisphenol A, were shown to promote ER dimerization in the yeast two-hybrid system. ..
- Krajci P, Solberg R, Sandberg M, Oyen O, Jahnsen T, Brandtzaeg P. Molecular cloning of the human transmembrane secretory component (poly-Ig receptor) and its mRNA expression in human tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;158:783-9 pubmed..2). Northern blot analysis showed mRNA expression in various human exocrine tissues in good agreement with our previous immunohistochemical studies of SC. ..
- Fjellbirkeland A, Torsvik V, Ovreas L. Methanotrophic diversity in an agricultural soil as evaluated by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis profiles of pmoA, mxaF and 16S rDNA sequences. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2001;79:209-17 pubmed..We also designed a new pmoA-targeting primer set which could be used in a nested protocol to amplify PCR-products from DNA extracted directly from the soil. ..
- Gupta S, Kloster M, Rodionov D, Bakke O. Re-routing of the invariant chain to the direct sorting pathway by introduction of an AP3-binding motif from LIMP II. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:457-67 pubmed