Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in France
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications699 found, 100 shown here
- Ruhf M, Braun A, Papoulas O, Tamkun J, Randsholt N, Meister M. The domino gene of Drosophila encodes novel members of the SWI2/SNF2 family of DNA-dependent ATPases, which contribute to the silencing of homeotic genes. Development. 2001;128:1429-41 pubmed..Altogether, the data lead us to propose that domino acts as a repressor by interfering with chromatin structure. This activity is likely to be performed as a subunit of a chromatin-remodeling complex. ..
- Verger A, Buisine E, Carrere S, Wintjens R, Flourens A, Coll J, et al. Identification of amino acid residues in the ETS transcription factor Erg that mediate Erg-Jun/Fos-DNA ternary complex formation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17181-9 pubmed..These results provide a framework of the ETS/bZIP interaction linked to the manifestation of functional activity in gene regulation. ..
- Mari M, Macia E, Le Marchand Brustel Y, Cormont M. Role of the FYVE finger and the RUN domain for the subcellular localization of Rabip4. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42501-8 pubmed
- Pagant S, Bichet A, Sugimoto K, Lerouxel O, Desprez T, McCann M, et al. KOBITO1 encodes a novel plasma membrane protein necessary for normal synthesis of cellulose during cell expansion in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2001-13 pubmed..KOB1 may be part of the cellulose synthesis machinery in elongating cells, or it may play a role in the coordination between cell elongation and cellulose synthesis. ..
- Blader P, Plessy C, Strahle U. Multiple regulatory elements with spatially and temporally distinct activities control neurogenin1 expression in primary neurons of the zebrafish embryo. Mech Dev. 2003;120:211-8 pubmed..These regions are highly similar to 5' sequences in the mouse and human ngn1 gene, suggesting that amniote embryos, despite lacking primary neurons, utilize related mechanism to control ngn1 expression. ..
- Brault V, Bergdoll M, Mutterer J, Prasad V, Pfeffer S, Erdinger M, et al. Effects of point mutations in the major capsid protein of beet western yellows virus on capsid formation, virus accumulation, and aphid transmission. J Virol. 2003;77:3247-56 pubmed..The results have been used to evaluate possible structural models for the BWYV capsid...
- Kim F, Manel N, Garrido E, Valle C, Sitbon M, Battini J. HTLV-1 and -2 envelope SU subdomains and critical determinants in receptor binding. Retrovirology. 2004;1:41 pubmed
- Botté C, Jeanneau C, Snajdrova L, Bastien O, Imberty A, Breton C, et al. Molecular modeling and site-directed mutagenesis of plant chloroplast monogalactosyldiacylglycerol synthase reveal critical residues for activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34691-701 pubmed..Additionally, the monotopic insertion of MGD in one membrane leaflet of the plastid envelope occurs very likely at the level of hydrophobic amino acids of the N-terminal domain. ..
- Schmitt E, Panvert M, Blanquet S, Mechulam Y. Structural basis for tRNA-dependent amidotransferase function. Structure. 2005;13:1421-33 pubmed publisher..Comparison of GatD and L-asparaginase structures shows how the motion of a beta hairpin region containing a crucial catalytic threonine may control the overall reaction cycle of GatDE...
- Pommier S, Gavioli M, Cascales E, Lloubes R. Tol-dependent macromolecule import through the Escherichia coli cell envelope requires the presence of an exposed TolA binding motif. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:7526-34 pubmed..Furthermore, in vivo and in vitro coprecipitation analyses demonstrated that colicin A and g3p N-terminal domains compete for binding to TolA. ..
- Nicot A, Fares H, Payrastre B, Chisholm A, Labouesse M, Laporte J. The phosphoinositide kinase PIKfyve/Fab1p regulates terminal lysosome maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3062-74 pubmed..This work strongly suggests that the main function of PPK-3 is to mediate membrane retrieval from matured lysosomes through regulation of PtdIns(3,5)P2. ..
- Etard C, Behra M, Fischer N, Hutcheson D, Geisler R, Strahle U. The UCS factor Steif/Unc-45b interacts with the heat shock protein Hsp90a during myofibrillogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;308:133-43 pubmed..Our data indicate a requirement of Steif/unc-45b and Hsp90a for the assembly of the contractile apparatus in the vertebrate skeletal musculature. ..
- Medina Palazon C, Gruffat H, Mure F, Filhol O, Vingtdeux Didier V, Drobecq H, et al. Protein kinase CK2 phosphorylation of EB2 regulates its function in the production of Epstein-Barr virus infectious viral particles. J Virol. 2007;81:11850-60 pubmed..Thus, EB2-mediated production of infectious EBV virions is regulated by CK2 phosphorylation at one or more of the serine residues Ser-55, -56, and -57. ..
- Castaing J, Bouet J, Lane D. F plasmid partition depends on interaction of SopA with non-specific DNA. Mol Microbiol. 2008;70:1000-11 pubmed publisher..The behaviour of this mutant indicates a causal link between interaction with the cell's non-specific DNA and promotion of the dynamic behaviour that ensures F plasmid partition. ..
- Colinet D, Dubuffet A, Cazes D, Moreau S, Drezen J, Poirié M. A serpin from the parasitoid wasp Leptopilina boulardi targets the Drosophila phenoloxidase cascade. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:681-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results identify the first serpin used as a virulence factor by a parasitoid wasp and show that it disrupts the activation pathway of the PO in the Drosophila host. ..
- Freeman L, Buisson M, Tarbouriech N, Van der Heyden A, Labbe P, Burmeister W. The flexible motif V of Epstein-Barr virus deoxyuridine 5'-triphosphate pyrophosphatase is essential for catalysis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25280-9 pubmed publisher..Magnesium appears to play a role mainly in substrate binding, since in absence of Mg(2+), the K(m) of the enzyme is reduced, whereas the k(cat) is less affected. ..
- Cluzel M, Zanella Cleon I, Cozzone A, Futterer K, Duclos B, Molle V. The Staphylococcus aureus autoinducer-2 synthase LuxS is regulated by Ser/Thr phosphorylation. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:6295-301 pubmed publisher..aureus possesses an original and specific system for controlling AI-2 synthesis. ..
- Lagarde A, Spinelli S, Qiao H, Tegoni M, Pelosi P, Cambillau C. Crystal structure of a novel type of odorant-binding protein from Anopheles gambiae, belonging to the C-plus class. Biochem J. 2011;437:423-30 pubmed publisher..The binding sites of C-plus class OBPs therefore exhibit different characteristics, as compared with classical OBPs, which should lead to markedly diverse functional implications. ..
- Regulski K, Courtin P, Kulakauskas S, Chapot Chartier M. A novel type of peptidoglycan-binding domain highly specific for amidated D-Asp cross-bridge, identified in Lactobacillus casei bacteriophage endolysins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20416-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the CWBD characterized in this study is a novel type of PG-binding domain targeting specifically the D-Asn interpeptide bridge of PG. ..
- Perbal B. Pathogenic potential of myeloblastosis-associated viruses. Infect Agents Dis. 1995;4:212-27 pubmed
- Taouis M, Chen J, Daviaud C, Dupont J, Derouet M, Simon J. Cloning the chicken leptin gene. Gene. 1998;208:239-42 pubmed..The expression of leptin in liver may be associated with a key role of this organ in avian species in controlling lipogenesis. ..
- Bourgeon F, Evrard B, Brillard Bourdet M, Colleu D, Jégou B, Pineau C. Involvement of semenogelin-derived peptides in the antibacterial activity of human seminal plasma. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:768-74 pubmed
- Pillet J, Egert A, Pieri P, Lecourieux F, Kappel C, Charon J, et al. VvGOLS1 and VvHsfA2 are involved in the heat stress responses in grapevine berries. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1776-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results highlight the intrinsic capacity of grape berries to perceive heat stress and to initiate adaptive responses, suggesting that galactinol may play a signaling role in these responses...
- Anba J, Bidaud M, Vasil M, Lazdunski A. Nucleotide sequence of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa phoB gene, the regulatory gene for the phosphate regulon. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:4685-9 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence of phoB was significantly homologous to that of the Escherichia coli phoB gene product and to those of several known procaryotic transcriptional regulators such as PhoP, OmpR, VirG, Dye, NtrC, and AlgR. ..
- Suerbaum S, Josenhans C, Labigne A. Cloning and genetic characterization of the Helicobacter pylori and Helicobacter mustelae flaB flagellin genes and construction of H. pylori flaA- and flaB-negative mutants by electroporation-mediated allelic exchange. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3278-88 pubmed..Both mutations selectively abolished the expression of the targeted gene without affecting the synthesis of the other flagellin molecule. Whereas flaA mutants were completely nonmotile, flaB mutants retained motility...
- Mus Veteau I, Leblanc G. Melibiose permease of Escherichia coli: structural organization of cosubstrate binding sites as deduced from tryptophan fluorescence analyses. Biochemistry. 1996;35:12053-60 pubmed..This implies close proximity and/or tight functional linkage between some N-terminal helices and helices IX and X of the C-terminal domain of the transporter. ..
- Morel Y, Mebarki F, Rheaume E, Sanchez R, Forest M, Simard J. Structure-function relationships of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: contribution made by the molecular genetics of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency. Steroids. 1997;62:176-84 pubmed
- Morel Deville F, Ehrlich S, Morel P. Identification by PCR of genes encoding multiple response regulators. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 5):1513-20 pubmed..This simple and powerful method is therefore particularly useful for discovering new signal transduction systems which cannot be revealed by usual genetic studies. ..
- Loiseau L, Pasteau S, Brun G. Molecular cloning and expression pattern of the DP members of the chicken E2F transcription factor. Gene Expr. 1997;6:259-73 pubmed
- Fontaine L, Meynial Salles I, Girbal L, Yang X, Croux C, Soucaille P. Molecular characterization and transcriptional analysis of adhE2, the gene encoding the NADH-dependent aldehyde/alcohol dehydrogenase responsible for butanol production in alcohologenic cultures of Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:821-30 pubmed..acetobutylicum ATCC 824, and to our knowledge this is the first example of a bacterium with two AADHs. It is noteworthy that the two corresponding genes, adhE and adhE2, are carried by the pSOL1 megaplasmid of C. acetobutylicum ATCC 824...
- Frugier M, Giege R, Schimmel P. RNA recognition by designed peptide fusion creates "artificial" tRNA synthetase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7471-5 pubmed..They also suggest a paradigm for rationally designed specific aminoacylations based on peptide fusions. ..
- Dandoy Dron F, Griffond B, Mishal Z, Tovey M, Dron M. Scrg1, a novel protein of the CNS is targeted to the large dense-core vesicles in neuronal cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:2449-59 pubmed..Our findings strongly suggest that Scrg1 is associated with the secretory pathway of neuronal cells. ..
- Gouffi K, Gérard F, Santini C, Wu L. Dual topology of the Escherichia coli TatA protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11608-15 pubmed..A function-linked change of the TatA topology is suggested, and its implication in protein transport is discussed. ..
- Delaunay J, Le Mée G, Ezzeddine N, Labesse G, Terzian C, Capri M, et al. The Drosophila Bruno paralogue Bru-3 specifically binds the EDEN translational repression element. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3070-82 pubmed..The phylogenetic analyses and the experimental data based on its specific binding to the EDEN element support the conclusion that Bru-3 is an EDEN-BP/CUG-BP orthologue. ..
- Caputo S, Couprie J, Duband Goulet I, Kondé E, Lin F, Braud S, et al. The carboxyl-terminal nucleoplasmic region of MAN1 exhibits a DNA binding winged helix domain. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18208-15 pubmed..This suggests that MAN1 binds simultaneously to R-Smads and their targeted DNA sequences. ..
- Goenaga A, Zhou Y, Legay C, Bougherara H, Huang L, Liu B, et al. Identification and characterization of tumor antigens by using antibody phage display and intrabody strategies. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3777-88 pubmed..This study is the proof of principle that the direct selection of phage antibody libraries on tumor cells can effectively lead to the identification and functional characterization of relevant tumor markers. ..
- Corratgé C, Zimmermann S, Lambilliotte R, Plassard C, Marmeisse R, Thibaud J, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of a Na(+)-K(+) transporter from the Trk family in the ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26057-66 pubmed..HcTrk1 is expressed in external hyphae that explore the soil when the fungus grows in symbiotic condition. Thus, it could play a major role in both the K(+) and Na(+) nutrition of the fungus (and of the plant) in nutrient-poor soils. ..
- Abbassi F, Galanth C, Amiche M, Saito K, Piesse C, Zargarian L, et al. Solution structure and model membrane interactions of temporins-SH, antimicrobial peptides from amphibian skin. A NMR spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry study. Biochemistry. 2008;47:10513-25 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the charge-induced activity of temporins-SH for bacterial cells is due to changes in the membrane-disturbing mechanism of the bound peptides. ..
- Serrière J, Dugua J, Bossus M, Verrier B, Haser R, Gouet P, et al. Fab'-induced folding of antigenic N-terminal peptides from intrinsically disordered HIV-1 Tat revealed by X-ray crystallography. J Mol Biol. 2011;405:33-42 pubmed publisher..The central Trp11 that is critical for Fab' recognition is further stabilized by ?-stacking interactions. The structural and biological consequences of this induced folding in HIV pathogenesis are discussed. ..
- Mouton Liger F, Thomas S, Rattenbach R, Magnol L, Larigaldie V, Ledru A, et al. PCP4 (PEP19) overexpression induces premature neuronal differentiation associated with Ca(2+) /calmodulin-dependent kinase II-? activation in mouse models of Down syndrome. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:2779-802 pubmed publisher..TgPCP4 and Ts1Cje mice developed similar modifications, demonstrating that these mechanisms may account for abnormal neuronal development in DS. ..
- Prosdocimi F, Linard B, Pontarotti P, Poch O, Thompson J. Controversies in modern evolutionary biology: the imperative for error detection and quality control. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:5 pubmed publisher..This study emphasizes the urgent need for error detection and quality control strategies in order to efficiently extract knowledge from the new genome data. ..
- Escaffre O, Le Nouen C, Amelot M, AMBROGGIO X, Ogden K, Guionie O, et al. Both genome segments contribute to the pathogenicity of very virulent infectious bursal disease virus. J Virol. 2013;87:2767-80 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that both genome segments influence vvIBDV pathogenicity and may provide new targets for the attenuation of vvIBDVs. ..
- Chassaing S, Collin F, Dorlet P, Gout J, Hureau C, Faller P. Copper and heme-mediated Abeta toxicity: redox chemistry, Abeta oxidations and anti-ROS compounds. Curr Top Med Chem. 2012;12:2573-95 pubmed
- Brault V, Hibrand L, Candresse T, Le Gall O, Dunez J. Nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of Hungarian grapevine chrome mosaic nepovirus RNA2. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:7809-19 pubmed..A model for the expression of GCMV RNA2 is presented. ..
- Leroux C, Vuillermoz S, Mornex J, Greenland T. Genomic heterogeneity in the pol region of ovine lentiviruses obtained from bronchoalveolar cells of infected sheep from France. J Gen Virol. 1995;76 ( Pt 6):1533-7 pubmed..2-6.9%. Phylogenetic analysis showed that the French isolates form a group related to CAEV Co and distant from previously reported ovine lentivirus sequences from different origins...
- Guelpa Fonlupt V, Tonnelle C, Blaise D, Fougereau M, Fumoux F. Discrete early pro-B and pre-B stages in normal human bone marrow as defined by surface pseudo-light chain expression. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:257-64 pubmed..The presence of the psi L chain in various cell subpopulations, in possible association with discrete molecules and/or different contexts, suggests its involvement at several steps of early B cell differentiation. ..
- Oulad Abdelghani M, Bouillet P, Decimo D, Gansmuller A, Heyberger S, Dolle P, et al. Characterization of a premeiotic germ cell-specific cytoplasmic protein encoded by Stra8, a novel retinoic acid-responsive gene. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:469-77 pubmed..Thus, Stra8 protein may play a role in the premeiotic phase of spermatogenesis. ..
- Desseyn J, Aubert J, Van Seuningen I, Porchet N, Laine A. Genomic organization of the 3' region of the human mucin gene MUC5B. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16873-83 pubmed..Considering the expression pattern of MUC5B and the origin of MG1, we can thus conclude that MUC5B encodes MG1. ..
- Henry J, Miller M, Pontarotti P. Structure and evolution of the extended B7 family. Immunol Today. 1999;20:285-8 pubmed..They propose that B7 and MHC genes are derived from a common ancestor, with several members of this large gene family possibly having pivotal influences on T-cell activation. ..
- Dupressoir A, Barbot W, Loireau M, Heidmann T. Characterization of a mammalian gene related to the yeast CCR4 general transcription factor and revealed by transposon insertion. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31068-75 pubmed..The strong amino acid conservation between the human, murine, and the previously identified Xenopus CCR4-like proteins, is consistent with an important and conserved role for this protein in vertebrates. ..
- Bertrand C, Chatonnet A, Takke C, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Toutant J, et al. Zebrafish acetylcholinesterase is encoded by a single gene localized on linkage group 7. Gene structure and polymorphism; molecular forms and expression pattern during development. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:464-74 pubmed..We found no butyrylcholinesterase gene or activity in Danio. These findings make zebrafish a promising model to study function of acetylcholinesterase during development and regulation of molecular forms assembly in vivo. ..
- Egloff M, Benarroch D, Selisko B, Romette J, Canard B. An RNA cap (nucleoside-2'-O-)-methyltransferase in the flavivirus RNA polymerase NS5: crystal structure and functional characterization. EMBO J. 2002;21:2757-68 pubmed..As RNA capping is an essential viral function, these results provide a structural basis for the rational design of drugs against the emerging flaviviruses. ..
- Naas T, Aubert D, Fortineau N, Nordmann P. Cloning and sequencing of the beta-lactamase gene and surrounding DNA sequences of Citrobacter braakii, Citrobacter murliniae, Citrobacter werkmanii, Escherichia fergusonii and Enterobacter cancerogenus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;215:81-7 pubmed..This work provides further evidence of the molecular heterogeneity of class C beta-lactamases. ..
- Debily M, Camarca A, Ciullo M, Mayer C, El Marhomy S, Ba I, et al. Expression and molecular characterization of alternative transcripts of the ARHGEF5/TIM oncogene specific for human breast cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:323-34 pubmed..We anticipate that the activation of the ARHGEF5/TIM oncogene, possibly by the variant isoforms detected here, may play an important role in proliferative breast disease. ..
- Freire M. Translation initiation factor (iso) 4E interacts with BTF3, the beta subunit of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex. Gene. 2005;345:271-7 pubmed..These findings provide a molecular link between the translation initiation mechanism and the emergence of the nascent polypeptide chains. ..
- Boutrot F, Guirao A, Alary R, Joudrier P, Gautier M. Wheat non-specific lipid transfer protein genes display a complex pattern of expression in developing seeds. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1730:114-25 pubmed publisher..The present study revealed the complexity of the wheat nsLtp gene family and showed that the expression of nsLtp genes is developmentally regulated in the seeds, suggesting a specific function for each of the corresponding proteins...
- Meyer D, Cunnac S, Guéneron M, Declercq C, Van Gijsegem F, Lauber E, et al. PopF1 and PopF2, two proteins secreted by the type III protein secretion system of Ralstonia solanacearum, are translocators belonging to the HrpF/NopX family. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:4903-17 pubmed..However, although one of these proteins is clearly related to PopF1 and PopF2, the other seems to be different and related to NopX proteins, thus showing that translocators might be variable in R. solanacearum. ..
- Mouquet H, Farci S, Joly P, Maillere B, Leblond J, Drouot L, et al. A truncated alternative spliced isoform of human desmoglein 1 contains a specific T cell epitope binding to the pemphigus foliaceus-associated HLA class II DRbeta1*0102 molecule. J Immunol. 2006;177:6517-26 pubmed..These data provide an illustration of an autoantigen encoded by alternative spliced transcript that may participate in the pathogenesis of the disease by bearing PF-associated HLA class II restricted-epitope. ..
- Schaerlinger B, Bascove M, Frippiat J. A new isotype of immunoglobulin heavy chain in the urodele amphibian Pleurodeles waltl predominantly expressed in larvae. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:776-86 pubmed..This isotype is mainly expressed after hatching. Its expression decreases after metamorphosis. Our data indicate that IgP-expressing B cells present some similarities with mammalian B1-cells...
- Abbal P, Pradal M, Muniz L, Sauvage F, Chatelet P, Ueda T, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of the Rab GTPase family in Vitis vinifera reveal the specific expression of a VvRabA protein. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2403-16 pubmed publisher..This paper contains the first description of Rab GTPases in V. vinifera. The involvement of a specific VvRab in grape berry late development and the potential role of this Rab GTPase are discussed in relation to literature data. ..
- Brulle F, Cocquerelle C, Mitta G, Castric V, Douay F, Leprêtre A, et al. Identification and expression profile of gene transcripts differentially expressed during metallic exposure in Eisenia fetida coelomocytes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:1441-53 pubmed publisher..These candidates are: the well-known MTE-induced Cd-metallothionein and 2 original biomarkers, lysenin, and a transcript, which cloning of the complete coding sequence identified as the coactosin-like protein. ..
- Eudes A, Mouille G, Thévenin J, Goyallon A, Minic Z, Jouanin L. Purification, cloning and functional characterization of an endogenous beta-glucuronidase in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1331-41 pubmed publisher..Hypocotyl and root lengths are increased in Pro(35S):AtGUS2 seedlings, whereas hypocoyl length is reduced in atgus2-1 seedlings. These data are consistent with a role for the carbohydrate moieties of AGPs in cell growth. ..
- Auger B, Baron C, Lucas M, Vautrin S, Berg s H, Chalhoub B, et al. Brassica orthologs from BANYULS belong to a small multigene family, which is involved in procyanidin accumulation in the seed. Planta. 2009;230:1167-83 pubmed publisher..BAN. Finally, Bna.BAN genes were mapped onto oilseed rape genetic maps and potential co-localisations with seed colour quantitative trait loci are discussed...
- Izor T, Perdu C, Job V, Attree I, Faudry E, Dessen A. Structural characterization and membrane localization of ExsB from the type III secretion system (T3SS) of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Mol Biol. 2011;413:236-46 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that small lipoproteins involved in formation of the outer membrane secretin ring display clear structural differences that may be related to the different functions they play in these systems...
- Quinton L, Servent D, Girard E, Molgo J, Le Caer J, Malosse C, et al. Identification and functional characterization of a novel ?-conotoxin (EIIA) from Conus ermineus. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013;405:5341-51 pubmed publisher..The results revealed not only its selectivity for the muscular nAChR, but also a clear discrimination between the two binding sites described for this receptor. ..
- Giovannini D, Touhami J, Charnet P, Sitbon M, Battini J. Inorganic phosphate export by the retrovirus receptor XPR1 in metazoans. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1866-73 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights on phosphate export in metazoans and the role of Xpr1 in this function. ..
- Munoz Munoz J, Cartmell A, Terrapon N, Basle A, Henrissat B, Gilbert H. An evolutionarily distinct family of polysaccharide lyases removes rhamnose capping of complex arabinogalactan proteins. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13271-13283 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates how highly complex glycans can be used as a scaffold to discover new enzyme families within microbial ecosystems where carbohydrate metabolism is a major evolutionary driver. ..
- Huang D, Novel M, Huang X, Novel G. Nonidentity between plasmid and chromosomal copies of ISS1-like sequences in Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis CNRZ270 and their possible role in chromosomal integration of plasmid genes. Gene. 1992;118:39-46 pubmed..ISS1-like sequences were also found on plasmids of numerous Lc. lactis strains, as well as one out of seven Lactobacillus (Lb.) casei and one out of three Lb. plantarum strains examined. ..
- Duclos B, Cortay J, Bleicher F, Ron E, Richaud C, Saint Girons I, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the metA gene encoding homoserine trans-succinylase in Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2856 pubmed
- Goupil N, Corthier G, Ehrlich S, Renault P. Imbalance of leucine flux in Lactococcus lactis and its use for the isolation of diacetyl-overproducing strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1996;62:2636-40 pubmed..Under aerated condition, strains devoid of AldB produced about 10 times more diacetyl than did the parental strains. ..
- Mahe D, Mahl P, Gattoni R, Fischer N, Mattei M, Stevenin J, et al. Cloning of human 2H9 heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins. Relation with splicing and early heat shock-induced splicing arrest. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1827-36 pubmed..These 2H9 proteins, which are encoded by a single gene located on human chromosome 10, were also found to be associated with nuclear bodies in situ. ..
- Da Lage J, Renard E, Chartois F, Lemeunier F, Cariou M. Amyrel, a paralogous gene of the amylase gene family in Drosophila melanogaster and the Sophophora subgenus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:6848-53 pubmed..Amyrel evolves about twice as fast as Amy in the several species studied. We suggest that this gene could result from a duplication of Amy followed by accelerated and selected divergence toward a new adaptation. ..
- Donger C, Krejci E, Serradell A, Eymard B, Bon S, Nicole S, et al. Mutation in the human acetylcholinesterase-associated collagen gene, COLQ, is responsible for congenital myasthenic syndrome with end-plate acetylcholinesterase deficiency (Type Ic). Am J Hum Genet. 1998;63:967-75 pubmed..This mutation is thought to disturb the attachment of collagen-tailed AChE to the NMJ, thus constituting the first genetic defect causing CMS-Ic. ..
- Venturini L, You J, Stadler M, Galien R, Lallemand V, Koken M, et al. TIF1gamma, a novel member of the transcriptional intermediary factor 1 family. Oncogene. 1999;18:1209-17 pubmed..Since deletion of a novel motif unique to the three TIF1 proteins, called TIF1 signature sequence (TSS), abrogates transcriptional repression by TIF1gamma, this motif likely participates in TIF1 dependent repression. ..
- Cingolani G, Petosa C, Weis K, Muller C. Structure of importin-beta bound to the IBB domain of importin-alpha. Nature. 1999;399:221-9 pubmed..The structure indicates that significant conformational changes occur when importin-beta binds or releases the IBB domain domain and suggests how dissociation of the importin-alpha/beta heterodimer may be achieved upon nuclear entry. ..
- Guedon E, Serror P, Ehrlich S, Renault P, Delorme C. Pleiotropic transcriptional repressor CodY senses the intracellular pool of branched-chain amino acids in Lactococcus lactis. Mol Microbiol. 2001;40:1227-39 pubmed..This pattern of regulation suggests that, in L. lactis and possibly other Gram-positive bacteria, CodY is a pleiotropic repressor sensing nutritional supply as a function of the BCAA pool in the cell...
- Martin F, Malergue F, Pitari G, Philippe J, Philips S, Chabret C, et al. Vanin genes are clustered (human 6q22-24 and mouse 10A2B1) and encode isoforms of pantetheinase ectoenzymes. Immunogenetics. 2001;53:296-306 pubmed..Thus, the Vanin family represents a novel class of secreted or membrane-associated ectoenzymes. We discuss here their possible role in processes pertaining to tissue repair in the context of oxidative stress. ..
- Lozano J, Perret E, Schatt P, Arnould C, Peaucellier G, Picard A. Molecular cloning, gene localization, and structure of human cyclin B3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;291:406-13 pubmed..This cyclin B3 is unusually large for a mitotic cyclin. Its mRNAs were found in all tissues and were particularly abundant in testis. At least three splice variants were found in the ORF and three variants in the 5'UTR. ..
- Kassimi L, Boutrouille A, Gonzague M, Mbanda A, Cruciere C. Nucleotide sequence and construction of an infectious cDNA clone of an EMCV strain isolated from aborted swine fetus. Virus Res. 2002;83:71-87 pubmed..The availability of the infectious cDNA clone of the reproductive failure strain of EMCV should prove to be useful for studying the molecular basis of the pathogenicity of EMCV in pig...
- Sebbane F, Mandrand Berthelot M, Simonet M. Genes encoding specific nickel transport systems flank the chromosomal urease locus of pathogenic yersiniae. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5706-13 pubmed..Both Ynt and UreH show selectivity for Ni(2+) ions. This is the first reported identification of genes coding for both kinds of nickel-specific permeases situated adjacent to the urease gene cluster in the genome of a microorganism. ..
- Boel G, Mijakovic I, Mazé A, Poncet S, Taha M, Larribe M, et al. Transcription regulators potentially controlled by HPr kinase/phosphorylase in Gram-negative bacteria. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2003;5:206-15 pubmed..We propose that HprK/P might control the phosphorylation state of HPr and EIIAs, which in turn could control the transcription regulators. ..
- Serre M, Duguet M. Enzymes that cleave and religate DNA at high temperature: the same story with different actors. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2003;74:37-81 pubmed
- Payan F, Leone P, Porciero S, Furniss C, Tahir T, Williamson G, et al. The dual nature of the wheat xylanase protein inhibitor XIP-I: structural basis for the inhibition of family 10 and family 11 xylanases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36029-37 pubmed..The biological role of the xylanase inhibitors is discussed in light of the present structural data. ..
- Beaulieux F, Zreik Y, Deleage C, Sauvinet V, Legay V, Giraudon P, et al. Cumulative mutations in the genome of Echovirus 6 during establishment of a chronic infection in precursors of glial cells. Virus Genes. 2005;30:103-12 pubmed
- Fawal M, Armstrong F, Ollier S, Dupont H, Touriol C, Monsarrat B, et al. A "liaison dangereuse" between AUF1/hnRNPD and the oncogenic tyrosine kinase NPM-ALK. Blood. 2006;108:2780-8 pubmed..Thus, AUF1 could function in a novel pathway mediating the oncogenic effects of NPM-ALK. Our data establish an important link between oncogenic kinases and mRNA turnover, which could constitute a critical aspect of tumorigenesis. ..
- Peret B, Swarup R, Jansen L, Devos G, Auguy F, Collin M, et al. Auxin influx activity is associated with Frankia infection during actinorhizal nodule formation in Casuarina glauca. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1852-62 pubmed..We observed that CgAUX1 was expressed in plant cells infected by Frankia throughout the course of actinorhizal nodule formation. Our data suggest that auxin plays an important role during plant cell infection in actinorhizal symbioses...
- Audinot V, Bonnaud A, Grandcolas L, Rodriguez M, Nagel N, Galizzi J, et al. Molecular cloning and pharmacological characterization of rat melatonin MT1 and MT2 receptors. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:2007-19 pubmed publisher..These in vitro results obtained with the rat melatonin receptors are thus of importance to understand the physiological roles of each subtype in animal models. ..
- Farina F, Alberti A, Breuil N, Bolotin Fukuhara M, Pinto M, Culetto E. Differential expression pattern of the four mitochondrial adenine nucleotide transporter ant genes and their roles during the development of Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1668-81 pubmed publisher..1 is also required postembryonically because RNAi mutants exhibit small size and life-span extension. Our results suggest that ant-1.1 is the only ant gene strictly required for embryonic and postembryonic development in C. elegans. ..