Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in China
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications402 found, 100 shown here
- Qiao W, Zhao X, Li W, Luo Y, Zhang X. Overexpression of AeNHX1, a root-specific vacuolar Na+/H+ antiporter from Agropyron elongatum, confers salt tolerance to Arabidopsis and Festuca plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:1663-72 pubmed..Similarly, AeNHX1 also functioned in transgenic Festuca plants. The results suggest that this gene might function in the roots of Agropyron plants, and its expression is involved in the improvement of salt tolerance...
- Song G, Huan Y, Sun S, Chen Y, Liu Q, Shen Z. Biological activity of EXf, a peptide analogue of exendin-4. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;628:261-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, EXf, an analogue of exendin-4, has agonist activity to GLP-1 receptor in vitro and glucoregulatory activities in vivo, thus it can be considered as a new candidate for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Chung M, Ma A, Fung T, Leung A. Characterization of Sry-related HMG box group F genes in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:986-998.e5 pubmed publisher..sox32 affected both vascular and hematopoietic development through its effects on medial migration of the hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors. ..
- Qiu R, Li J, Xiao Z, Sun L. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor of Sciaenops ocellatus regulates immune cell trafficking and is involved in pathogen-induced immune response. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;40:232-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that SoMIF is a secreted protein that regulates immune cell trafficking and is involved in pathogen-induced immune response. ..
- Xia Y, Wen W, Huang W, Huang B. Development of a phage displayed disulfide-stabilized Fv fragment vaccine against Vibrio anguillarum. Vaccine. 2005;23:3174-80 pubmed..Thus, this phage-displayed dsFv may be used as vaccine against V. anguillarum in fishery. ..
- Yang B, Chen H, Song Y, Chen Y, Zhang H, Chen W. Myosin-cross-reactive antigens from four different lactic acid bacteria are fatty acid hydratases. Biotechnol Lett. 2013;35:75-81 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of MCRA from L. rhamnosus with such catalytic function...
- Chen Y, Huang L, Yan H, Zhang X, Xu B, Ma X. Cloning and characterization of an ABA-independent DREB transcription factor gene, HcDREB2, in Hemarthria compressa. Hereditas. 2016;153:3 pubmed publisher..The current results are a foundation for making use of this stress tolerance gene in future H. compressa studies. ..
- Wang Z, Hu G, Wang H, Wu M. Expression of liver cancer associated gene HCCA3. World J Gastroenterol. 2001;7:821-5 pubmed..The high expression was closely related to the tumor invasiveness and metastasis,that may be the late heredited change in HCC genesis. ..
- Liu Q, Huang Q, Teng M, Weeks C, Jelsch C, Zhang R, et al. The crystal structure of a novel, inactive, lysine 49 PLA2 from Agkistrodon acutus venom: an ultrahigh resolution, AB initio structure determination. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41400-8 pubmed
- Li Y, Hou T, Goddard W. Computational modeling of structure-function of g protein-coupled receptors with applications for drug design. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:1167-80 pubmed..This review gives an overview of current computational approaches to GPCR model building; ligand-receptor interaction for drug design; and molecular mechanism of GPCR activation from simulation. ..
- Niu Y, Chen Y, Xi J, Sima Y, Duan X, Liang H, et al. [Structure and expression analysis of cbp gene in different natural colored-cocoon strains of Bombyx mori]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:942-50 pubmed..Together, it can be concluded that the gene structure and expression profile of cbp was closely linked to cocoon colors of B. mori. ..
- Yu D, Lai B, Li J, Ma Y, Yang F, Li Z, et al. Cornmeal-induced resistance to ciprofloxacin and erythromycin in enterococci. Chemosphere. 2012;89:70-5 pubmed publisher..To establish a model ecosystem to study the impact of cornmeal on the appearance and persistence of the erythromycin (ERY)- and ciprofloxacin (CIP)-resistant phenotypes in waterborne enterococci...
- Zhang L, Wu H, Lu D, Li G, Sun C, Song H, et al. The costimulatory molecule B7-H4 promote tumor progression and cell proliferation through translocating into nucleus. Oncogene. 2013;32:5347-58 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, B7-H4 wild-type confers chemoresistance activity to RCC cell lines including Caki-1 and ACHN. Our study provides a new insight into the functional implication of B7-H4 in its subcellular localization. ..
- Wang K, Zhu X, Li Y, Chen D, Wu P, Chu W. Molecular characterization and expression regulation of Smyd1a and Smyd1b in skeletal muscle of Chinese perch (Siniperca chuatsi). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;194-195:25-31 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide us with further understanding of the molecular characterization and expression regulation of the two genes upon internal and external stimuli. ..
- Dai X, Liu Y, Liang Y, Zheng X, Luo M, Li L, et al. Protein expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of YjbK from Bacillus subtilis. Protein Pept Lett. 2005;12:663-4 pubmed..0 A in-house. The crystals belong to P1 space group, with unit cell parameters a = 32.38 A, b = 34.69 A, c = 46.02 A, alpha = 96.560 degrees, beta = 99.683 degrees, gamma = 111.333 degrees. There is one molecule per asymmetric unit. ..
- Tang L, Deng N, Wang L, Dai J, Wang Z, Jiang X, et al. Quantitative phosphoproteome profiling of Wnt3a-mediated signaling network: indicating the involvement of ribonucleoside-diphosphate reductase M2 subunit phosphorylation at residue serine 20 in canonical Wnt signal transduction. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1952-67 pubmed
- Mou D, Wang Y, Jiang H, Xiao S, Yu X, Li G, et al. [Identification of a functional ITAM-like sequence within G1 cytoplasmic tail of Hantaan virus]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2007;23:424-8 pubmed..These findings demonstrated that HTNV envelope glycoprotein G1 contains a functional ITAM-like sequence in its cytoplasmic tail, which can bind critical cellular kinases that regulate immune and endothelial cell functions. ..
- Ruan Z, Zhai Y, Song J, Shi Y, Li K, Zhao B, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a newly isolated pyrethroid-degrading esterase gene from a genomic library of Ochrobactrum anthropi YZ-1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77329 pubmed publisher..The optimal temperature and pH were of 35°C and 7.5. No cofactors were required for enzyme activity. The results highlighted the potential use of PytY in the elimination of pyrethroid residuals from contaminated environments. ..
- Liao H, Wong F, Phang T, Cheung M, Li W, Shao G, et al. GmPAP3, a novel purple acid phosphatase-like gene in soybean induced by NaCl stress but not phosphorus deficiency. Gene. 2003;318:103-11 pubmed
- Zhang X, He X, Fu X, Chang Z. Varp is a Rab21 guanine nucleotide exchange factor and regulates endosome dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1053-62 pubmed..These results suggest that Varp is a potential Rab21 guanine nucleotide exchange factor and might regulate endosome dynamics in vivo. ..
- Yiu C, Beavil R, Chan H. Biophysical characterisation reveals structural disorder in the nucleolar protein, Dribble. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:311-8 pubmed..We therefore propose that the presence of structural disorder is an important feature of DBE that facilitates the protein to interact with RNAs in the nucleolus. ..
- Tao P, Xu D, Lin S, Ouyang G, Chang Y, Chen Q, et al. Abnormal expression, highly efficient detection and novel truncations of midkine in human tumors, cancers and cell lines. Cancer Lett. 2007;253:60-7 pubmed..Our data not only provide an efficient methodology potentially for clinical application but also shed light on the molecular mechanism underlying the role for MK in tumorigenesis/carcinogenesis. ..
- Shi F, Li Y, Li Y, Wang X. Molecular properties, functions, and potential applications of NAD kinases. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:352-61 pubmed..Here, the molecular properties, physiologic functions, and potential applications of NAD kinase are discussed. ..
- Gao L, Shen W, Yan P, Tuo D, Li X, Zhou P. NIa-pro of Papaya ringspot virus interacts with papaya methionine sulfoxide reductase B1. Virology. 2012;434:78-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that this specific interaction could interfere with PaMsrB1 into the chloroplasts to scavenge ROS caused by PRSV infection. This may be a novel mechanism of PRSV towards the host defense. ..
- Yu K, Sheng Z, Huang B, Ma X, Li Y, Yuan X, et al. Structural, antigenic, and evolutionary characterizations of the envelope protein of newly emerging Duck Tembusu Virus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71319 pubmed publisher..New findings described here shall give insights into the antigenicity and evolution of this new pathogen and provide guidance for further functional studies of the E protein for which no effective vaccine has yet been developed. ..
- Li X, Sun L, Yang H, Zhang L, Miao T, Xing L, et al. Identification and expression characterization of WntA during intestinal regeneration in the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;210:55-63 pubmed publisher..This research could establish a basis for further examination of WntA functions in A. japonicus and Wnt genes in other echinoderms. ..
- Yong P, Gu Z, Luo J, Wang J, Tso J. Antibodies against the C-terminal peptide of rabbit oviductin inhibit mouse early embryo development to pass 2-cell stage. Cell Res. 2002;12:69-78 pubmed..These results suggest that oviductin has a function not only on fertilization, but also on the release of early embryonic development block, and the later function domain of rabbit oviductin may be situate in its C-terminal. ..
- Dong Q, Ma L, Zhang G, Wu Y, Shen J, Chen Y, et al. Cloning, structural organization and chromosomal mapping of rat costimulatory molecule 4-1BBL. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:694-701 pubmed..Rn.46783). Rat, murine and human 4-1BBL genes are evolved from a common gene. The identification and characterization of the rat counterpart of human 4-1BBL will facilitate studies of the biological function of this molecule. ..
- Cheng Z, Zhang L, Liu S, Zhang L, Cui Z. [Emerging of avian leukosis virus subgroup J in a flock of Chinese local breed]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2005;45:584-7 pubmed..The results indicate that ALV-J already caused chickens infection and dead in Chinese local breed...
- Wang S, Han J, Wang Y, Lu W, Chi C. Design of peptide inhibitors for furin based on the C-terminal fragment of histone H1.2. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:848-54 pubmed..These inhibitors may potentially lead to the development of anti-viral and anti-bacterial drug compounds. ..
- Shi J, Zhang L, An H, Wu C, Guo X. GhMPK16, a novel stress-responsive group D MAPK gene from cotton, is involved in disease resistance and drought sensitivity. BMC Mol Biol. 2011;12:22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GhMPK16 might be involved in multiple signal transduction pathways, including biotic and abiotic stress signaling pathways. ..
- Liu T, Yu H, Zhang C, Lu M, Piao Y, Ohba M, et al. Aspergillus niger DLFCC-90 rhamnoside hydrolase, a new type of flavonoid glycoside hydrolase. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:4752-4 pubmed publisher..The novel enzyme was classified in glycoside-hydrolase (GH) family 13...
- Kwong A, Fung C, Chan S, Wong V. Identification of SCN1A and PCDH19 mutations in Chinese children with Dravet syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41802 pubmed publisher..A de novo PCDH19 missense mutation together with an inherited TSPYL4 missense variant were identified in a patient with Dravet syndrome. ..
- Li S, Liu W, Li Z, Wang Y, Zhou L, Yi M, et al. Molecular characterization and expression pattern of a germ cell marker gene dnd in gibel carp (Carassius gibelio). Gene. 2016;591:183-190 pubmed publisher..Therefore, gibel carp Dnd is a conserved germ cell marker during gametogenesis, and its maternal transcript is also a useful marker for tracing PGC specification and migration. ..
- Zheng B, Chan K, Zhang A, Zhou J, Chan C, Poon V, et al. D225G mutation in hemagglutinin of pandemic influenza H1N1 (2009) virus enhances virulence in mice. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:981-8 pubmed publisher..The only consistent mutation in the genomes of viral clones obtained from dying mice was D225G substitution. ..
- Li C, Rudi H, Stockinger E, Cheng H, Cao M, Fox S, et al. Comparative analyses reveal potential uses of Brachypodium distachyon as a model for cold stress responses in temperate grasses. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:65 pubmed publisher..These differences limit the use of B. distachyon as a model for holistic studies relevant for agricultural core Pooideae species. ..
- Lan A, Huang J, Zhao W, Peng Y, Chen Z, Kang D. A salicylic acid-induced rice (Oryza sativa L.) transcription factor OsWRKY77 is involved in disease resistance of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2013;15:452-61 pubmed publisher..These results show that OsWRKY77 is a positive regulator of PR gene expression and basal resistance to the bacterial pathogen PstDC3000. ..
- Shen Y, Li C, McCarty D, Meeley R, Tan B. Embryo defective12 encodes the plastid initiation factor 3 and is essential for embryogenesis in maize. Plant J. 2013;74:792-804 pubmed publisher..Western analysis indicates that plastid protein synthesis is impaired. These results indicate that Emb12 encodes the plastid IF3 which is essential for embryogenesis but not for endosperm development in maize...
- Zhang X, Zhang Y, Yang G, Xie Y, Xu L, An J, et al. Modulation of the thermostability and substrate specificity of Candida rugosa lipase1 by altering the acyl-binding residue Gly414 at the Î±-helix-connecting bend. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;82:34-41 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the key acyl-binding residues at the Î±-helix-connecting bend could mediate enzyme stability and catalytic substrate spectra. ..
- Nie Q, Yue X, Liu B. Identification of the MmeHairy gene and expression analysis affected by two SNPs in the 3'-untranslated region in the clam Meretrix meretrix. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:46-52 pubmed publisher..05), which indicated that these two SNP loci may affect the expression of MmeHairy and could be used as candidate markers for future selection in M.Â meretrix breeding programs. ..
- Zhang G, Qiao S, Li Q, Wang X, Duan Y, Wang L, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the porcine high-affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor (FcgammaRI). Immunogenetics. 2006;58:845-9 pubmed..Identification of porcine FcgammaRI will aid in the understanding of the molecular basis of the porcine immune system and further studies of the receptor function. ..
- Wei S, Yin W, An Q, Lei Y, Hu X, Yang J, et al. A novel hepatitis C virus vaccine approach using recombinant Bacillus Calmette-Guerin expressing multi-epitope antigen. Arch Virol. 2008;153:1021-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rBCG expressing multi-epitope antigen may serve as an effective vaccine against HCV infection. ..
- He Z, Zhang W, Chen G, Xu R, Yu X. Characterization of conserved motifs in HIV-1 Vif required for APOBEC3G and APOBEC3F interaction. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:1000-11 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that primate lentiviral Vif molecules recognize their autologous APOBEC3 proteins through conserved structural features that represent attractive targets for the development of novel inhibitors. ..
- Fang E, Lin P, Wong J, Tsao S, Ng T. A lectin with anti-HIV-1 reverse transcriptase, antitumor, and nitric oxide inducing activities from seeds of Phaseolus vulgaris cv. extralong autumn purple bean. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:2221-9 pubmed publisher..EAPL manifested anti-HIV-1-RT activity, and it could inhibit the proliferation of human tumor cells by inducing the production of apoptotic bodies. The nitric oxide-inducing activity of EAPL may find application in tumor therapy. ..
- Yu C, Xia B, Jin C. 1H, 13C and 15N resonance assignments of the arsenate reductase from Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. Biomol NMR Assign. 2011;5:85-7 pubmed publisher..Herein we report the chemical shift assignments of (1)H, (13)C and (15)N atoms for the reduced form of SynArsC, which provides a starting point for further structural analysis and elucidation of its enzymatic mechanism. ..
- Kudelko M, Brault J, Kwok K, Li M, Pardigon N, Peiris J, et al. Class II ADP-ribosylation factors are required for efficient secretion of dengue viruses. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:767-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light on a molecular mechanism used by dengue viruses during the late stages of the life cycle and demonstrate a novel function for class II Arf proteins. ..
- Yin X, Li J, Wang J, Tang C, Wu M. Enhanced thermostability of a mesophilic xylanase by N-terminal replacement designed by molecular dynamics simulation. J Sci Food Agric. 2013;93:3016-23 pubmed publisher..It also provided an effective technical strategy for improving thermostabilities of other mesophilic enzymes. ..
- Zheng W, Zhang R, Wu X, Ren Y, Nong X, Gu X, et al. Evaluating troponin C from Psoroptes cuniculi as a diagnostic antigen for a dot-ELISA assay to diagnose mite infestations in rabbits. Parasite Immunol. 2014;36:53-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, although simple serological assays such as dot-ELISA show great promise as diagnostic tools, we suggest that troponin C is not a suitable diagnostic antigen candidate. ..
- Lei M, Li Z, Wang J, Fu Y, Ao M, Xu L. AfAP2-1, An Age-Dependent Gene of Aechmea fasciata, Responds to Exogenous Ethylene Treatment. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:303 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of AfAP2-1 in Arabidopsis thaliana results in an extremely delayed flowering phenotype. These results suggested that AfAP2-1 responds to ethylene and is a putative age-dependent flowering regulator in A. fasciata. ..
- Li P, Liu Y, Luo D, Song C, Cui Z. Two spliced isoforms of the sex-determination gene fruitless in the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;208-209:75-83 pubmed publisher..This is the first report that characterizes two spliced variants of fru in crustaceans and provides basic information for further functional studies of the crab sex-determination mechanism. ..
- Hou Y, Hou W, Ren Z, Hao Y, Zhang T. cDNA cloning and overexpression of ribosomal protein S19 gene (RPS19) from the Giant Panda. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:41-7 pubmed publisher..coli, and the N-terminally GST-tagged protein was a 42 kDa polypeptide, in good agreement with the predicted molecular weight. The protein obtained could be purified and its function studied. ..
- Cheng L, Mu W, Zhang T, Jiang B. An L-arabinose isomerase from Acidothermus cellulolytics ATCC 43068: cloning, expression, purification, and characterization. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;86:1089-97 pubmed publisher..9 U/mg, and 9.3 mM(-1) min(-1), respectively. The enzyme carried out the isomerization of D-galactose to D-tagatose with a conversion yield over 50% after 12 h under optimal conditions, suggesting its potential in D-tagatose production...
- Liu X, Nie X, Ding Y, Chen J. Asc1, a WD-repeat protein, is required for hyphal development and virulence in Candida albicans. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:793-800 pubmed publisher..albicans in a mouse model of systemic infection. These data strongly suggested that the conserved WD-repeat protein Asc1 is required for morphogenesis and pathogenesis of C. albicans...
- Chen A, Wang S, Zhao X, Yu X, Wang J. Enzyme E2 from Chinese white shrimp inhibits replication of white spot syndrome virus and ubiquitinates its RING domain proteins. J Virol. 2011;85:8069-79 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrates that FcUbc from Chinese white shrimp inhibited WSSV replication and could ubiquitinate WSSV RING domain-containing proteins. This is the first report about antiviral function of Ubc E2 in shrimp. ..
- Liu S, Zhang D, Wang M, Cui W, Chen K, Du G, et al. The order of expression is a key factor in the production of active transglutaminase in Escherichia coli by co-expression with its pro-peptide. Microb Cell Fact. 2011;10:112 pubmed publisher..The co-expression strategy based on optimizing the order of gene expression could be useful for the expression of other functional proteins that are synthesized as a precursor. ..
- Hu Y, Li X, Xun Q, Fang M, Shen Z. Drosophila MagT1 is upregulated by PKC activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;436:140-4 pubmed publisher..The data presented here may establish a general regulatory mechanism for MagT1 by PKC activation. ..
- YAO Y, Dai Q, Li J, Ni Q, Zhang M, XU H. Genetic diversity and differentiation of the rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta) population in western Sichuan, China, based on the second exon of the major histocompatibility complex class II DQB (MhcMamu-DQB1) alleles. BMC Evol Biol. 2014;14:130 pubmed publisher..The Heishui population should be paid more attention for its lowest level of genetic diversity and relatively great divergence from others. ..
- Zheng L, Liu Z, Wu B, Dong Y, Zhou L, Tian J, et al. Ferritin has an important immune function in the ark shell Scapharca broughtonii. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;59:15-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested strongly that ferritin of the ark shell is involved in immune defense against microbial infection and it is a constitutive and inducible acute-phase protein. ..
- Papageorgiou A, Chen J, Li D. Crystal structure and biological implications of a glycoside hydrolase family 55 ?-1,3-glucanase from Chaetomium thermophilum. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:1030-1038 pubmed publisher..A binding pocket was identified that could explain binding of branched laminarin and accumulation of laminaritriose. ..
- Ma L, Li J. Cloning and sequencing of draTG genes and their downstream region of Azospirillum brasilense Yu62. Chin J Biotechnol. 1997;13:143-52 pubmed..lipoferum, but also with the ORF14 of Azotobacter vinelandii and the ORF4 showed extensive similarity to yafJ of Escherichia coli. ..
- Qin W, Wan F, Sun F, Zhang P, Han L, Huang Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel gene (C17orf25) from the deletion region on chromosome 17p13.3 in hepatocelular carcinoma. Cell Res. 2001;11:209-16 pubmed..The above results indicate that C17orf25 is a novel human gene, and the cloning and preliminary characterization of C17orf25 is a prerequisite for further functional analysis of this novel gene in human hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Tong E, Guo J, Huang A, Liu H, Hu C, Chung S, et al. Regulation of nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of transcription factor OREBP/TonEBP/NFAT5. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:23870-9 pubmed..Our findings provide insight into how nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of OREBP/TonEBP is regulated by changes in extracellular tonicity. ..
- Wang B, Zhao J, Song L, Zhang H, Wang L, Li C, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel Kazal-type serine proteinase inhibitor gene from Zhikong scallop Chlamys farreri, and the inhibitory activity of its recombinant domain. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;24:629-37 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CfKZSPI was a novel Kazal-type SPI with significant inhibitory activity against trypsin, and was suspected to be involved in scallop immune response. ..
- Lei C, Liu Q, Wang W, Li J, Xu F, Liu Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of a novel zinc finger gene, ZNFD, activating AP1(PMA) transcriptional activities. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;340:63-71 pubmed publisher..Together the data indicate that ZNFD is probably a new type of C(2)H(2) ZFP and the ZNFD protein may act as a transcriptional activator in PKC (protein kinase C) signal pathway to mediate cellular functions. ..
- Huang X, Morse L, Xu Y, Zahradka J, Sychrova H, Stashenko P, et al. Mutational analysis of NHAoc/NHA2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1800:1241-7 pubmed publisher..Evolutionarily conserved amino acids are required for full antiporter function. Mutations in these amino acid residues may impact NHAoc activity and therefore osteoclast function in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Jiugang Z, Jing L, Yonggang L. A novel porcine gene--SLC9A3R2, differentially expressed in the longissimus muscle tissues from Meishan and Large White pigs. Folia Biol (Praha). 2011;57:20-5 pubmed..The tissue expression analysis indicated that the swine SLC9A3R2 gene is differentially expressed in different tissues. Our experiment is the first to establish the primary foundation for further research on the swine SLC9A3R2 gene. ..
- Xu F, Deng G, Cheng S, Zhang W, Huang X, Li L, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression of the phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene from Juglans regia. Molecules. 2012;17:7810-23 pubmed publisher..Expression profiling analyses by real-time PCR revealed that JrPAL expression was induced by a variety of abiotic and biotic stresses, including UV-B, wounding, cold, abscisic acid and salicylic acid. ..
- Xu Z, Li S, Li J, Li Y, Feng X, Wang R, et al. The structural basis of Erwinia rhapontici isomaltulose synthase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74788 pubmed publisher..This work should prove useful for the engineering of sucrose isomerase for industrial carbohydrate biotransformations. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Z, Zhang L, Gao L, Wang N, Gao X, et al. Ribosomal protein L4 interacts with viral protein VP3 and regulates the replication of infectious bursal disease virus. Virus Res. 2016;211:73-8 pubmed publisher..The present study contributes to further understanding the pathogenic mechanism of IBDV. ..
- Xia X, Huang C, Zhang D, Zhang Y, Xue S, Wang X, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization, and the response of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase and catalase to PBDE-47 and -209 from the freshwater bivalve Anodonta woodiana. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:200-210 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that up-regulations of AwSOD and AwCAT expression of hepatopancreas of freshwater bivalve A.Â woodiana contribute to eliminate oxidative stress derived from PBDE-47 and -209 treated. ..
- Li X, Sun L. Toll-like receptor 2 of tongue sole Cynoglossus semilaevis: Signaling pathway and involvement in bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:321-328 pubmed publisher..Under both inÂ vitro and inÂ vivo conditions, rCsTLR2 significantly reduced bacterial infection. These observations add new insights into the signaling and function of teleost TLR2. ..
- Szeto C, Wong Q, Leung G, Kwan H. Isolation and transcript analysis of two-component histidine kinase gene Le.nik1 in Shiitake mushroom, Lentinula edodes. Mycol Res. 2008;112:108-16 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the two-component system in mushrooms and the first analysis on the distribution of Le.nik1 transcript in the course of fruiting body formation and in parts of fruiting bodies...
- Yip W, Cheng A, Zhu R, Lung R, Tsang D, Lau S, et al. Carboxyl-terminal truncated HBx regulates a distinct microRNA transcription program in hepatocellular carcinoma development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22888 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ct-HBx directly regulates miRNA transcription and in turn promotes hepatocellular proliferation, thus revealing a viral contribution of miRNA deregulation during hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zheng H, Pan Y, Liu H, Du P, et al. Genome sequencing and analysis of BCG vaccine strains. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71243 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these detailed BCG vaccine genome investigation results will be useful in microbial genetics, microbial engineering and other research fields. ..
- Hua C, Linling L, Shuiyuan C, Fuliang C, Feng X, Honghui Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of three genes encoding dihydroflavonol-4-reductase from Ginkgo biloba in anthocyanin biosynthetic pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72017 pubmed publisher..These data revealed unexpected properties and differences in three DFR proteins from a single species. ..
- Guo M, Wei J, Zhou Y, Qin Q. Molecular clone and characterization of c-Jun N-terminal kinases 2 from orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;49:355-63 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that Ec-JNK2 could be an important molecule in the successful infection and evasion of SGIV. ..
- Zhang Y, Cao M, Wang M, Ding X, Jing Y, Chen Z, et al. Genetic variability in E6, E7, and L1 genes of human papillomavirus genotype 52 from Southwest China. Gene. 2016;585:110-118 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of genetic variation in HPV may be useful as an epidemiologic correlate of cervical cancer risk, or may even provide critical information for developing diagnostic probes. ..
- Chen Y, Cai S, Qiao X, Wu M, Guo Z, Wang R, et al. As-CATH1-6, novel cathelicidins with potent antimicrobial and immunomodulatory properties from Alligator sinensis, play pivotal roles in host antimicrobial immune responses. Biochem J. 2017;474:2861-2885 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the diversity and multiple functions of As-CATH1-6 partially reveal the powerful immune system of the Chinese alligator. ..
- Yang Y, Yu Y, Yang G, Zhang J, Zheng C. Tissue-specific expression of the PNZIP promoter is mediated by combinatorial interaction of different cis-elements and a novel transcriptional factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:2630-44 pubmed publisher..We suggest that NTZIP is a target gene of NtbZIP, which is involved in the regulation of chlorophyll biosynthesis. ..
- Li Y, Gao Y, Guo Y, Lu C, Huang J, Xia X, et al. [Cloning of full-length coding sequence of tree shrew CD3E and prediction of its molecular characteristics]. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2010;31:483-9 pubmed publisher..Availability of the entire open-reading-frame and related sequence information would therefore facilitate the preparation of monoclonal antibodies against tree shrew CD3 and further studies for its function...
- Dou W, Xu M, Cai D, Zhang X, Rao Z, Xu Z. Improvement of L-arginine production by overexpression of a bifunctional ornithine acetyltransferase in Corynebacterium crenatum. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2011;165:845-55 pubmed publisher..crenatum SYPA5-5. The results showed that the engineered strains could not only express more OATase (90.9%) but also increase the production of L: -arginine significantly (16.8%). ..
- Luo M, Pan H, Liu Z, Li M. Balancing selection and genetic drift at major histocompatibility complex class II genes in isolated populations of golden snub-nosed monkey (Rhinopithecus roxellana). BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:207 pubmed publisher..The results of this study may contribute to captive breeding and translocation programs for endangered species. ..
- Xie Y, Chen S, Yan Y, Zhang Z, Li D, Yu H, et al. Potential of recombinant inorganic pyrophosphatase antigen as a new vaccine candidate against Baylisascaris schroederi in mice. Vet Res. 2013;44:90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Th2-mediated immunity elicited by rBsc-PYP-1 provides protection against B. schroederi, and the findings should contribute to further development of Bsc-PYP-1 as a candidate vaccine against baylisascariasis. ..
- Feng R, Liang B, Hou C, Han D, Han L, Lang Q, et al. Rational design of xylose dehydrogenase for improved thermostability and its application in development of efficient enzymatic biofuel cell. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;84:78-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, the approach described here could be explored for engineering of other enzymes for improving certain characters without three-dimensional structure identified by experimental methods. ..