Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence homology in China
Topic: amino acid sequence homology
- Zhang G, Wang H, Shi J, Wang X, Zheng H, Wong G, et al. Identification and characterization of insect-specific proteins by genome data analysis. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:93 pubmed..Instances in our insect-specific protein set have been arrived at through experiments reported in the literature, supporting the accuracy of our approach. ..
- Wang B, Zhao J, Song L, Zhang H, Wang L, Li C, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel Kazal-type serine proteinase inhibitor gene from Zhikong scallop Chlamys farreri, and the inhibitory activity of its recombinant domain. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;24:629-37 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CfKZSPI was a novel Kazal-type SPI with significant inhibitory activity against trypsin, and was suspected to be involved in scallop immune response. ..
- Hou Y, Hou W, Ren Z, Hao Y, Zhang T. cDNA cloning and overexpression of ribosomal protein S19 gene (RPS19) from the Giant Panda. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:41-7 pubmed publisher..coli, and the N-terminally GST-tagged protein was a 42 kDa polypeptide, in good agreement with the predicted molecular weight. The protein obtained could be purified and its function studied. ..
- Lau B, Wong A, Tsao G, So K, Yip H. Molecular cloning and characterization of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) telomerase catalytic subunit (telomerase reverse transcriptase, TERT). J Mol Neurosci. 2008;34:63-75 pubmed..The expression of telomerase activity and TERT in retina implies that telomerase has functions other than the elongation of telomere. These findings could provide new insights on telomerase function in the nervous system. ..
- Huang H, Li R, Sun Q, Wang J, Zhou P, Han H, et al. [LIM protein KyoT2 interacts with human tight junction protein ZO-2-i3]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2002;29:953-8 pubmed..Therefore we conformed KyoT2 interacted ZO-2-i3 in vitro. Furthermore it was identified in yeast that KyoT2 associated with ZO-2-i3 through its LIM2 domain. ..
- Ming J, Xie J, Xu P, Liu W, Ge X, Liu B, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of two HSP70 genes in the Wuchang bream (Megalobrama amblycephala Yih). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:407-18 pubmed publisher..The cloning and expression analysis of the two HSP70s provide theoretical basis to further study the mechanism of anti-adverseness and expression characteristics under stress conditions of Wuchang bream. ..
- Tang W, Zhang S, Wang Q, Tan H, Zhao Z. The isocitrate dehydrogenase gene of oleaginous yeast Lipomyces starkeyi is linked to lipid accumulation. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:1062-9 pubmed publisher..Our data should be valuable for understanding the biology of oleaginous yeasts and for further strain engineering of L. starkeyi. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhu J, Zhang Q, Cai Y. Molecular characterization of an ethephon-induced Hsp70 involved in high and low-temperature responses in Hevea brasiliensis. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2009;47:954-9 pubmed publisher..All these data suggest that HbHsp70 may play roles in responses to heat shock and low temperature in H. brasiliensis...
- Chung B, Lam S, Tong T, Li S, Lun K, Chan D, et al. Identification of novel FBN1 and TGFBR2 mutations in 65 probands with Marfan syndrome or Marfan-like phenotypes. Am J Med Genet A. 2009;149A:1452-9 pubmed publisher..None of those with TGFBR2 mutations fulfilled the Ghent criteria. Novel missense mutations of unknown significance were classified according to the latest ACMG guidelines and their likelihood to be causative was evaluated. ..
- He G, Wang T, Yang G, Fei Y, Zhang Z, Wang C, et al. Sequence analysis of Bs-Ag2 gene from Baylisascaris schroederi of giant panda and evaluation of the efficacy of a recombinant Bs-Ag2 antigen in mice. Vaccine. 2009;27:3007-11 pubmed publisher..0001). Our data supported the use of Bs-Ag2 as a potential candidate for vaccination against B. schroederi infection...
- Fan J, Li W, Dong X, Guo W, Shu H. Ectopic expression of a hyacinth AGL6 homolog caused earlier flowering and homeotic conversion in Arabidopsis. Sci China C Life Sci. 2007;50:676-89 pubmed..These results indicated that HoAGL6 was involved in the regulation of flower transition and flower organ formation...
- Ng P, Yu R, Kwong T, Wong M, Kong R. Transcriptional regulation and functional implication of the grass carp CITED1 (gcCITED1) in the negative regulation of HIF-1. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1544-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that the hypoxia/gcHIF-1-inducible gcCITED1 may function in a negative feedback loop to regulate gcHIF-1 activity in response to hypoxia stress. ..
- Chye M. Arabidopsis cDNA encoding a membrane-associated protein with an acyl-CoA binding domain. Plant Mol Biol. 1998;38:827-38 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the 1.4 kb ACBP1 mRNA was expressed in silique, root, stem, leaf and flower. Results from Southern blot analysis of genomic DNA suggest the presence of at least two genes encoding ACBPs in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhang G, Qiao S, Li Q, Wang X, Duan Y, Wang L, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the porcine high-affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor (FcgammaRI). Immunogenetics. 2006;58:845-9 pubmed..Identification of porcine FcgammaRI will aid in the understanding of the molecular basis of the porcine immune system and further studies of the receptor function. ..
- Yong P, Gu Z, Luo J, Wang J, Tso J. Antibodies against the C-terminal peptide of rabbit oviductin inhibit mouse early embryo development to pass 2-cell stage. Cell Res. 2002;12:69-78 pubmed..These results suggest that oviductin has a function not only on fertilization, but also on the release of early embryonic development block, and the later function domain of rabbit oviductin may be situate in its C-terminal. ..
- Wang T, Xia D, Li N, Wang C, Chen T, Wan T, et al. Bone marrow stromal cell-derived growth inhibitor inhibits growth and migration of breast cancer cells via induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4374-82 pubmed..These results indicate that BDGI might be a growth inhibitor for human tumor cells, especially breast cancer cells, possibly contributing to the development of new therapeutic strategies for breast cancer. ..
- Yin J, Hu T, Li J, Zhang C, Guo Z, Zhou H. [Cloning and analysis of six full-length cDNA similar to sheep KAP6-1 from cashmere goat]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2004;31:502-7 pubmed..9% approximately 98.8%) with KAP6-1 from sheep. The KAP6s from different animal species shared more than 50% identities in amino acid sequences with each other. ..
- Du J, Dou K, Peng S, Wang W, Wang Z, Xiao H, et al. [Down-regulated full-length novel gene GDDR and its effect on gastric cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2003;83:1166-8 pubmed..A novel full-length gene GDDR is obtained. GDDR likely is another gene of BRICHO family related to gastric cancer. ..
- Liu W, Xu Z, Luo D, Xue H. Roles of OsCKI1, a rice casein kinase I, in root development and plant hormone sensitivity. Plant J. 2003;36:189-202 pubmed..In OsCKI1-deficient plants, differential gene expression was investigated using cDNA chip technology, and results indicated that genes related to signal transduction and hormone metabolism were indeed with altered expression. ..
- Wong E, Tse J, Yao K, Lui V, Tam P, Yeung W. Identification and characterization of human VCY2-interacting protein: VCY2IP-1, a microtubule-associated protein-like protein. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:775-84 pubmed..Our expression data support the involvement of VCY2 and VCY2IP-1 in spermatogenesis. Based on the high homology of VCY2IP-1 with MAPs, we propose the involvement of VCY2 in the cytoskeletal network via interaction with VCY2IP-1. ..
- Jiang Y, Li X. Molecular cloning and tissue-specific expression of intestinal-type fatty acid binding protein in porcine. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:125-32 pubmed..The results demonstrated that pig I-FABP mRNA was extensively present in various tissues, but I-FABP transcript of approximately 620 bp was more abundant in intestine than in other tissues. ..
- Huang H, Qi S, Qi F, Wu C, Yang G, Zheng C. NtKTI1, a Kunitz trypsin inhibitor with antifungal activity from Nicotiana tabacum, plays an important role in tobacco's defense response. FEBS J. 2010;277:4076-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies suggest that NtKTI1 may be a functional Kunitz trypsin inhibitor with antifungal activity against several important phytopathogens in the tobacco defense response. ..
- Ouyang P, Sugrue S. Characterization of pinin, a novel protein associated with the desmosome-intermediate filament complex. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:1027-42 pubmed..Immunofluorescence staining revealed that the expressed pinin protein was assembled to the lateral boundaries of the cells in contact, which is consistent with the staining pattern of pinin in epithelial cells. ..
- Li L, Shao Y, Li Q, Yang S, Chen F. Identification of Mga1, a G-protein alpha-subunit gene involved in regulating citrinin and pigment production in Monascus ruber M7. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;308:108-14 pubmed publisher..ruber M7...
- Zhu J, Zhang Q, Wu R, Zhang Z. HbMT2, an ethephon-induced metallothionein gene from Hevea brasiliensis responds to H(2)O(2) stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2010;48:710-5 pubmed publisher..It is also suggested that HbMT2 function in improving the tolerance of rubber trees to heavy metal ions, and repressing the ethephon-induced senilism and tapping panel dryness (TPD) development by ROS scavenge system in H. brasiliensis...
- Liu Q, Huang Q, Teng M, Weeks C, Jelsch C, Zhang R, et al. The crystal structure of a novel, inactive, lysine 49 PLA2 from Agkistrodon acutus venom: an ultrahigh resolution, AB initio structure determination. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41400-8 pubmed
- Xu K, Wang X, Tian C, Shi S, Wang G, Shi Q, et al. Transient expressions of doppel and its structural analog prionDelta32-121 in SH-SY5Y cells caused cytotoxicity possibly by triggering similar apoptosis pathway. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2549-58 pubmed publisher..It also implies that the cell-benefit activity of the full-length PrP may result from its anti-apoptosis capacity. ..
- Pan S, Tang J, Gu X. Isolation and characterization of a novel fucose-binding lectin from the gill of bighead carp (Aristichthys nobilis). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;133:154-64 pubmed publisher..The anti-microbial activity was assessed by measuring agglutination and inhibition of pathogen growth. Our results suggest that GANL agglutinates and inhibits the growth of Vibrio harveyi but has no antifungal activity. ..
- Liao H, Wong F, Phang T, Cheung M, Li W, Shao G, et al. GmPAP3, a novel purple acid phosphatase-like gene in soybean induced by NaCl stress but not phosphorus deficiency. Gene. 2003;318:103-11 pubmed
- Shi F, Li Y, Li Y, Wang X. Molecular properties, functions, and potential applications of NAD kinases. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:352-61 pubmed..Here, the molecular properties, physiologic functions, and potential applications of NAD kinase are discussed. ..
- Liu L, Yu X, Li T, Song L, Chen P, Suo T, et al. A novel protein tyrosine kinase NOK that shares homology with platelet- derived growth factor/fibroblast growth factor receptors induces tumorigenesis and metastasis in nude mice. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3491-9 pubmed..Thus, our results both in vitro and in vivo suggest that NOK is a novel oncogene with the capacity of promoting cell transformation, tumorigenesis, and metastasis. ..
- Guo F, Shi Jin E, Liu S, Chen J, Li D. Purification and characterization of a thermostable MnSOD from the thermophilic fungus Chaetomium thermophilum. Mycologia. 2008;100:375-80 pubmed..5 and optimum temperature at 60 C. It was thermostable at 50 and 60 C and retained 60% activity after 60 min at 70 C. The half-life of the SOD at 80 C was approximately 25 min and even retained 20% activity after 30 min at 90 C...
- Zhang R, Zhu G, Zhang W, Cao S, Ou X, Li X, et al. Crystal structure of a carbonyl reductase from Candida parapsilosis with anti-Prelog stereospecificity. Protein Sci. 2008;17:1412-23 pubmed publisher..This latter result provides a new example of a protein engineering approach to modify the coenzyme specificity in SCR and short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases in general...
- Szeto C, Wong Q, Leung G, Kwan H. Isolation and transcript analysis of two-component histidine kinase gene Le.nik1 in Shiitake mushroom, Lentinula edodes. Mycol Res. 2008;112:108-16 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the two-component system in mushrooms and the first analysis on the distribution of Le.nik1 transcript in the course of fruiting body formation and in parts of fruiting bodies...
- Xu H, Li X, Li Q, Bai S, Lu W, Zhang X. Characterization of HoMADS 1 and its induction by plant hormones during in vitro ovule development in Hyacinthus orientalis L. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:209-20 pubmed..Whether HoMADS 1 expression is also regulated by cytokinin and auxin during ovule development in planta remains to be investigated...
- Zhang X, Liang Z, Peng H, Zhang Z, Tang X, Liu T. Characterization and partial genome sequence analysis of Clostera anachoreta granulovirus. Virus Res. 2005;113:36-43 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis of VP1054 proteins from 20 baculoviruses indicated that ClanGV was more closely related to CpGV, ClGV, AoGV and PoGV than to other baculoviruses...
- Chen S, Ge W, Buswell J. Biochemical and molecular characterization of a laccase from the edible straw mushroom, Volvariella volvacea. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:318-28 pubmed..Gene expression then declined to approximately 20-30% of peak levels throughout the subsequent stages of sporophore development. ..
- Chow L, Lo K, Kwong J, Wong A, Huang D. Aberrant methylation of RASSF4/AD037 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:781-7 pubmed..In summary, epigenetic inactivation of RASSF4/AD037 and NORE1A is rare in NPC, suggesting that these two RASSF family members may not be critical targets for gene inactivation during the tumorigenesis of NPC. ..
- Zheng C, Yang G, Wang D, Li H. [Identification and tissue-specific expression of a full length cDNA encoding ZIP protein in Arabidopsis]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:109-12 pubmed..Southern and Northern blot analysis indicated that AT103 was a single copy gene and the accumulation of mRNA was obviously different in leaves, stems and roots in Arabidopsis. ..
- Chao N, Wei K, Chen Q, Meng Q, Tang D, He Y, et al. The rsmA-like gene rsmA(Xcc) of Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris is involved in the control of various cellular processes, including pathogenesis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:411-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rsmA(Xcc) is involved in the control of various cellular processes, including pathogenesis of X. campestris pv. campestris. ..
- Dai X, Liu Y, Liang Y, Zheng X, Luo M, Li L, et al. Protein expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of YjbK from Bacillus subtilis. Protein Pept Lett. 2005;12:663-4 pubmed..0 A in-house. The crystals belong to P1 space group, with unit cell parameters a = 32.38 A, b = 34.69 A, c = 46.02 A, alpha = 96.560 degrees, beta = 99.683 degrees, gamma = 111.333 degrees. There is one molecule per asymmetric unit. ..