Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid oxidoreductases in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: amino acid oxidoreductases
- Aragon Martin J, Ritch R, Liebmann J, O Brien C, Blaaow K, Mercieca F, et al. Evaluation of LOXL1 gene polymorphisms in exfoliation syndrome and exfoliation glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2008;14:533-41 pubmed..To evaluate genetic susceptibility of lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene polymorphisms to exfoliation syndrome (XFS) and exfoliation glaucoma (XFG) in a case-control cohort of American and European patients...
- Embury J, Charron C, Martynyuk A, Zori A, Liu B, Ali S, et al. PKU is a reversible neurodegenerative process within the nigrostriatum that begins as early as 4 weeks of age in Pah(enu2) mice. Brain Res. 2007;1127:136-50 pubmed
- Dong Y, Demaria S, Sun X, Santori F, Jesdale B, De Groot A, et al. HLA-A2-restricted CD8+-cytotoxic-T-cell responses to novel epitopes in Mycobacterium tuberculosis superoxide dismutase, alanine dehydrogenase, and glutamine synthetase. Infect Immun. 2004;72:2412-5 pubmed..We report the identification of three novel HLA-A*0201-restricted CTL epitopes within mycobacterial superoxide dismutase (SodA), L-alanine dehydrogenase (AlaDH), and L-glutamine synthetase (GlnS) proteins. ..
- Huang J, Roby K, Pace J, Russell S, Hunt J. Cellular localization and hormonal regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase in cycling mouse uterus. J Leukoc Biol. 1995;57:27-35 pubmed..The data are consistent with the postulate that NO derived from uterine leukocytes and other types of cells plays a role in uterine cyclicity and preparation for pregnancy. ..
- Mohaupt M, Elzie J, Ahn K, Clapp W, Wilcox C, Kone B. Differential expression and induction of mRNAs encoding two inducible nitric oxide synthases in rat kidney. Kidney Int. 1994;46:653-65 pubmed..We conclude that two iNOS isoforms are constitutively and heterogeneously expressed in the normal rat kidney, and that endotoxemia and cytokines differentially induce their expression. ..
- Navarrete R, Vara J, Hutchinson C. Purification of an inducible L-valine dehydrogenase of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). J Gen Microbiol. 1990;136:273-81 pubmed..The time required for full induction was about 24 h and the level of induction was 2- to 23-fold. ..
- Núñez Palenius H, Cantliffe D, Huber D, Ciardi J, Klee H. Transformation of a muskmelon 'Galia' hybrid parental line (Cucumis melo L. var. reticulatus Ser.) with an antisense ACC oxidase gene. Plant Cell Rep. 2006;25:198-205 pubmed..These transgenic muskmelon male parental lines have potential for use in the production of 'Galia' F1 hybrids with improved shelf life...
- Kim C, Liu Y, Thorne E, Yang H, Fukushige H, Gassmann W, et al. Activation of a stress-responsive mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade induces the biosynthesis of ethylene in plants. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2707-18 pubmed..These results suggest that the induction of ethylene but not JA/MJ is involved in plant defense responses mediated by the NtMEK2-SIPK/WIPK pathway. ..
- Lee U, Gustilo Ashby A, Daneshgari F, Kuang M, Vurbic D, Lin D, et al. Lower urogenital tract anatomical and functional phenotype in lysyl oxidase like-1 knockout mice resembles female pelvic floor dysfunction in humans. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F545-55 pubmed publisher..The increase in elastin clusters in the urethra of LOXL1-KO mice with POP suggests that elastin disorganization may lead to functional abnormalities. We conclude that LOXL1 warrants further investigation in the pathphysiology of FPFD. ..
- Tang L, Hutchinson C. Sequence, transcriptional, and functional analyses of the valine (branched-chain amino acid) dehydrogenase gene of Streptomyces coelicolor. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:4176-85 pubmed..2% L-valine to the medium provokes approximately 32 and 80% increases in actinorhodin production in vdh+ and vdh strains, respectively. ..
- Mehta J, Lopez L, Chen L, Cox O. Alterations in nitric oxide synthase activity, superoxide anion generation, and platelet aggregation in systemic hypertension, and effects of celiprolol. Am J Cardiol. 1994;74:901-5 pubmed..02), while heart rate was unchanged (73 +/- 11 vs 69 +/- 10 beats/min). Epinphrine and adenosine diphosphate-induced platelet aggregation was also increased in hypertensive subjects.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Fujihara M, Ito N, Pace J, Watanabe Y, Russell S, Suzuki T. Role of endogenous interferon-beta in lipopolysaccharide-triggered activation of the inducible nitric-oxide synthase gene in a mouse macrophage cell line, J774. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12773-8 pubmed..These data thus suggest that endogenous IFN-beta, but not TNF-alpha, produced by LPS-stimulated J774 cells specifically contributes, probably in an auto/paracrine fashion, to the activation of the i-NOS gene expression by LPS. ..
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Zheng J, Yang T, Zhou J, Xu M, Zhang X, Rao Z, et al. Efficient production of d-amino acid oxidase in Escherichia coli by a trade-off between its expression and biomass using N-terminal modification. Bioresour Technol. 2017;243:716-723 pubmed publisher..Finally, the N-terminus disordered region of RtDAAO (HSQK) was replaced with HHHG and the variant enzyme activity reached 80.7U/mL (with a 40 percent of inactive DAAO reduced) in a 7.5L fermenter in 24h. ..
- Maccarana M, Svensson R, Knutsson A, Giannopoulos A, Pelkonen M, Weis M, et al. Asporin-deficient mice have tougher skin and altered skin glycosaminoglycan content and structure. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184028 pubmed publisher..Also, decorin and biglycan were doubled in Aspn-/- skin. Overall, asporin deficiency changes skin glycosaminoglycan composition, and decorin and biglycan content, which may explain the changes in skin mechanical properties. ..
- Sun D, Setlow P. Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and regulation of the Bacillus subtilis nadB gene and a nifS-like gene, both of which are essential for NAD biosynthesis. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:1423-32 pubmed..However, nadB transcription and nadB-lacZ expression were decreased, at most, only slightly by a deletion in nifS. The possible role of the nifS gene product in NAD biosynthesis is discussed. ..
- Jamai A, Salome P, Schilling S, Weber A, McClung C. Arabidopsis photorespiratory serine hydroxymethyltransferase activity requires the mitochondrial accumulation of ferredoxin-dependent glutamate synthase. Plant Cell. 2009;21:595-606 pubmed publisher..The requirement of protein-protein interactions and complex formation for photorespiratory SHMT activity demonstrates more complicated regulation of this crucial high flux pathway than anticipated. ..