Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid motifs in Argentina
Topic: amino acid motifs
- Portela P, Moreno S, Rossi S. Characterization of yeast pyruvate kinase 1 as a protein kinase A substrate, and specificity of the phosphorylation site sequence in the whole protein. Biochem J. 2006;396:117-26 pubmed..However, the K(m) of Pyk1 protein is lower than that of the better substrate, the S22 peptide, indicating that ground-state substrate binding is not the major determinant of substrate specificity for PKA. ..
- Iglesias N, Filomatori C, Gamarnik A. The F1 motif of dengue virus polymerase NS5 is involved in promoter-dependent RNA synthesis. J Virol. 2011;85:5745-56 pubmed publisher..This work provides new molecular insights on the specific RNA synthesis activity of the dengue virus NS5 polymerase...
- Galello F, Portela P, Moreno S, Rossi S. Characterization of substrates that have a differential effect on Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein kinase A holoenzyme activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29770-9 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that protein substrates are better co-activators than peptide substrates. ..
- Bumaschny V, de Souza F, López Leal R, Santangelo A, Baetscher M, Levi D, et al. Transcriptional regulation of pituitary POMC is conserved at the vertebrate extremes despite great promoter sequence divergence. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:2738-49 pubmed
- Garavaglia M, Miele S, Iserte J, Belaich M, Ghiringhelli P. The ac53, ac78, ac101, and ac103 genes are newly discovered core genes in the family Baculoviridae. J Virol. 2012;86:12069-79 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the ac53, ac78, ac101 (p40), and ac103 (p48) genes have orthologs in all genomes and should be considered core genes. Accordingly, there are 37 orthologous genes in the family Baculoviridae...
- Chemes L, Camporeale G, Sánchez I, de Prat Gay G, Alonso L. Cysteine-rich positions outside the structural zinc motif of human papillomavirus E7 provide conformational modulation and suggest functional redox roles. Biochemistry. 2014;53:1680-96 pubmed publisher..Such an activity adds to the previously discovered chaperone activity of E7 and supports the picture of a moonlighting pathological role of this paradigmatic viral oncoprotein. ..
- Hochbaum D, Tanos T, Ribeiro Neto F, Altschuler D, Coso O. Activation of JNK by Epac is independent of its activity as a Rap guanine nucleotide exchanger. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33738-46 pubmed..e. Rap-specific GDP/GTP exchange. This represents not only a novel way to activate the JNKs but also a yet undescribed mechanism of downstream signaling by Epac. ..
- Samsa M, Mondotte J, Caramelo J, Gamarnik A. Uncoupling cis-Acting RNA elements from coding sequences revealed a requirement of the N-terminal region of dengue virus capsid protein in virus particle formation. J Virol. 2012;86:1046-58 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating that the N terminus of C plays a role in DENV particle formation. In addition, our results suggest that this function of C is differentially modulated in different host cells...
- Gonz lez S, Paladino M, Affranchino J. Palmitoylation of the feline immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein and its effect on fusion activity and envelope incorporation into virions. Virology. 2012;428:1-10 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, the double mutation C804S/C811S abrogated both Env fusion activity and Env incorporation into virions. Finally, by means of Click chemistry assays we demonstrated that the four FIV Env cytoplasmic cysteines are palmitoylated...
- Yancoski J, Sadat M, Aksentijevich N, Bernasconi A, Holland S, Rosenzweig S. A novel internalization motif regulates human IFN-? R1 endocytosis. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;92:301-8 pubmed publisher..The IFN-? R1 270-LI-271 dileucine motif, previously thought to be involved in this receptor endocytosis, showed to be unnecessary for receptor endocytosis. ..
- Maroniche G, Mongelli V, Peralta A, Dist fano A, Llauger G, Taboga O, et al. Functional and biochemical properties of Mal de Río Cuarto virus (Fijivirus, Reoviridae) P9-1 viroplasm protein show further similarities to animal reovirus counterparts. Virus Res. 2010;152:96-103 pubmed publisher..This extensive functional and biochemical characterization of MRCV P9-1 revealed further similarities between plant and animal reovirus viroplasm proteins...
- Franchini G, Curto L, Caramelo J, Delfino J. Dissection of a beta-barrel motif leads to a functional dimer: the case of the intestinal fatty acid binding protein. Protein Sci. 2009;18:2592-602 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon takes advantage of the inherent structural plasticity of this motif, likely profitting from edge-to-edge interactions between beta-sheets, whereas avoiding the most commonly occurring outcome represented by aggregation. ..
- de Miguel N, Braun N, Bepperling A, Kriehuber T, Kastenmüller A, Buchner J, et al. Structural and functional diversity in the family of small heat shock proteins from the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:1738-48 pubmed publisher..gondii sHsps is regulated by temperature with a decrease in temperature leading to the activation of chaperone activity, suggesting an adaption to specific steps of the parasite's life cycle. ..
- González Montoro A, Quiroga R, Maccioni H, Valdez Taubas J. A novel motif at the C-terminus of palmitoyltransferases is essential for Swf1 and Pfa3 function in vivo. Biochem J. 2009;419:301-8 pubmed publisher..The motif is conserved in 70% of PATs from all eukaryotic organisms analysed, and may have once been present in all PATs. We have named this motif PaCCT ('Palmitoyltransferase Conserved C-Terminus'). ..
- Baez M, Boccaccio G. Mammalian Smaug is a translational repressor that forms cytoplasmic foci similar to stress granules. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:43131-40 pubmed..Biochemical analysis indicated that mSmaug 1 is present in synaptoneurosomal 20 S particles. These results suggest a role for mammalian Smaug 1 in RNA granule formation and translation regulation in neurons. ..
- Heller P, Glembotsky A, Gandhi M, Cummings C, Pirola C, Marta R, et al. Low Mpl receptor expression in a pedigree with familial platelet disorder with predisposition to acute myelogenous leukemia and a novel AML1 mutation. Blood. 2005;105:4664-70 pubmed..In conclusion, we identified a C-terminal AML1 mutation that leads to a decrease in Mpl receptor expression, providing a potential explanation for thrombocytopenia in this FPD/AML pedigree. ..
- Pando M, Larriba J, Fernandez G, Fainboim H, Ciocca M, Ramonet M, et al. Pediatric and adult forms of type I autoimmune hepatitis in Argentina: evidence for differential genetic predisposition. Hepatology. 1999;30:1374-80 pubmed..003). This study therefore reveals that different HLA-DRB1 allotypes confer susceptibility to AH in children and adults and raises the possibility that PAH and AAH may be triggered by different factors. ..
- Chemes L, Glavina J, Faivovich J, de Prat Gay G, Sánchez I. Evolution of linear motifs within the papillomavirus E7 oncoprotein. J Mol Biol. 2012;422:336-46 pubmed publisher..The correlation between the presence of some motifs and virus host specificity and tissue tropism suggests that linear motifs play a role in the adaptive evolution of papillomaviruses...
- de Miguel N, Echeverria P, Angel S. Differential subcellular localization of members of the Toxoplasma gondii small heat shock protein family. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1990-7 pubmed..These particular differences in the immunostaining patterns suggest that their targets and functions might be different. ..
- Rapisarda V, Chehín R, De Las Rivas J, Rodríguez Montelongo L, Farias R, Massa E. Evidence for Cu(I)-thiolate ligation and prediction of a putative copper-binding site in the Escherichia coli NADH dehydrogenase-2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;405:87-94 pubmed..This is the first description of a copper-containing NADH dehydrogenase. Comparative sequence analysis allowed us to identify a branch of homologous dehydrogenases that bear a similar metal-binding motif. ..