Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on alzheimer disease in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Topic: alzheimer disease
- Choi W, Choi C, Kim Y, Kim S, Na C, Lee H. HerDing: herb recommendation system to treat diseases using genes and chemicals. Database (Oxford). 2016;2016: pubmed publisher..HerDing was built by integrating public databases and by applying a text-mining method. The HerDing website is free and open to all users, and there is no login requirement. Database URL: http://combio.gist.ac.kr/herding. ..
- Mun M, Kim J, Choi J, Kim M, Jang W, Lee J, et al. Polymorphisms of small ubiquitin-related modifier genes are associated with risk of Alzheimer's disease in Korean: A case-control study. J Neurol Sci. 2016;364:122-7 pubmed publisher..057, p-value=0.014). Furthermore, three combinations were associated with an increased risk of AD. Our data suggest that three individual polymorphisms and three combinations may be potential risk factors for AD in Korean population. ..
- Yi J, Park H, Lee S, Jung J, Kim B, Lee Y, et al. Cassia obtusifolia seed ameliorates amyloid Î²-induced synaptic dysfunction through anti-inflammatory and Akt/GSK-3Î² pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:50-7 pubmed publisher..In the in vivo studies performed, COE ameliorated the AÎ²-induced object recognition memory impairment. These results suggest that COE exhibits neuroprotective activities against AÎ²-induced brain disorders. ..
- Dong H, Gim J, Yeo S, Kim H. Integrated late onset Alzheimer's disease (LOAD) susceptibility genes: Cholesterol metabolism and trafficking perspectives. Gene. 2017;597:10-16 pubmed publisher..Additional experimental and bioinformatic approaches to integrate data from genetics, epigenetics, and molecular networks may further increase our understanding of LOAD in relation to cholesterol metabolism and trafficking. ..
- Chun Y, Kwon O, Chung S. O-GlcNAcylation of amyloid-? precursor protein at threonine 576 residue regulates trafficking and processing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:486-491 pubmed publisher..Thus, specific O-GlcNAcylation of APP at Thr 576 may be a novel and promising drug target for AD therapeutics. ..
- Yi D, Seo E, Han J, Sohn B, Byun M, Lee J, et al. Development of the Korean Adult Reading Test (KART) to estimate premorbid intelligence in dementia patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181523 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results support the validity of KART-predicted IQ as an index of premorbid IQ in individuals with AD. ..
- Lee K, Lee J, Kim K, Jhoo J, Lee D, Yoon J, et al. Influence of the apolipoprotein E type 4 allele on cerebral glucose metabolism in Alzheimer's disease patients. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2003;15:78-83 pubmed..These findings favor the hypothesis that APOE E4 is related mainly to the development of AD, not to its progression. ..
- Park K, Kim E, Han H, Shim Y, Kwon J, Ku B, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of rivastigmine patch therapy in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's dementia associated with minimal and moderate ischemic white matter hyperintensities: A multicenter prospective open-label clinical trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182123 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01380288. ..
- Park S, Shin J, Jeong J, Song J, Jo Y, Kim E, et al. Down-regulation of mortalin exacerbates A?-mediated mitochondrial fragmentation and dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:2195-204 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that down-regulation of mortalin may potentiate A?-mediated mitochondrial fragmentation and dysfunction in AD. ..
- Li L, Li W, Jung S, Lee Y, Kim Y. Protective effects of decursin and decursinol angelate against amyloid ?-protein-induced oxidative stress in the PC12 cell line: the role of Nrf2 and antioxidant enzymes. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:434-42 pubmed..Thus D and DA have therapeutic potential in treating AD and other oxidative stress-related diseases...
- Lee Y, Choi I, Ban J, Lee H, Lee U, Han S, et al. 4-O-methylhonokiol attenuated ?-amyloid-induced memory impairment through reduction of oxidative damages via inactivation of p38 MAP kinase. J Nutr Biochem. 2011;22:476-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 4-O-MH might prevent the development and progression of AD through the reduction of oxidative stress and neuronal cell death via inactivation of p38 MAP kinase pathway...
- Kim J, Bareiss S, Kim K, Tatum R, Han J, Jin Y, et al. Presenilin-1 inhibits delta-catenin-induced cellular branching and promotes delta-catenin processing and turnover. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:903-8 pubmed..Together, our findings suggest that PS-1 can affect delta-catenin-induced morphogenesis possibly through the regulation of its processing and stability. ..
- Ha T, Cho D, Park S, Joo M, Lee B, Kong B, et al. Evaluating associations between 5-HTTLPR polymorphism and Alzheimer's disease for Korean patients. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2005;20:31-4 pubmed..The 5-HTTLPR polymorphism was neither associated with AD nor with delusional/aggressive symptoms of AD. It was suggested that phenotypic expression of the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism might be varied according to ethnic differences. ..
- Kim J, Stewart R, Shin I, Jung J, Yoon J. Assessment of association between mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase polymorphism and Alzheimer's disease in an older Korean population. Neurobiol Aging. 2004;25:295-301 pubmed..058). Overall, these findings in a community population did not support a substantial role for ALDH2 genotype in the aetiology of dementia. ..