Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on alternative splicing in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: alternative splicing
Publications381 found, 100 shown here
- Iczkowski K, Omara Opyene A, Shah G. The predominant CD44 splice variant in prostate cancer binds fibronectin, and calcitonin stimulates its expression. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:2863-72 pubmed..Calcitonin influenced PC's balance between CD44s and CD44v. CD44v controlled invasiveness, altered ligand binding, and provides a target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Parrott A, Sriram G, Liu Y, Mathews M. Expression of type II chorionic gonadotropin genes supports a role in the male reproductive system. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:287-99 pubmed publisher..A novel peptide is encoded by alternatively spliced transcripts. These findings support the view that type II genes evolved in African great apes to function in the male reproductive system. ..
- Thackeray J, Ganetzky B. Developmentally regulated alternative splicing generates a complex array of Drosophila para sodium channel isoforms. J Neurosci. 1994;14:2569-78 pubmed..Although multiple sodium channel genes have already been described in both Drosophila and mammalian systems, this study provides a clear indication that sodium channel variability may be much greater than previously thought...
- Lu M, Conzen S, Cole C, Arrick B. Characterization of functional messenger RNA splice variants of BRCA1 expressed in nonmalignant and tumor-derived breast cells. Cancer Res. 1996;56:4578-81 pubmed..These splice variants are found on polysomes and are therefore predicted to encode 80-85-kDa BRCA1-derived proteins lacking approximately 60% of the internal amino acids that constitute full-length BRCA1. ..
- Chen J, Patton J. Mouse pseudouridine synthase 1: gene structure and alternative splicing of pre-mRNA. Biochem J. 2000;352 Pt 2:465-73 pubmed
- Hernandez A, Fiering S, Martinez E, Galton V, St Germain D. The gene locus encoding iodothyronine deiodinase type 3 (Dio3) is imprinted in the fetus and expresses antisense transcripts. Endocrinology. 2002;143:4483-6 pubmed
- Heinrich G, Pagtakhan C. Both 5' and 3' flanks regulate Zebrafish brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression. BMC Neurosci. 2004;5:19 pubmed..HCS1, a highly conserved sequence in 5' exon 1c, restricts expression to primary sensory neurons. The tools are now available for detailed genetic and molecular analyses of zebrafish BDNF gene expression. ..
- Coady T, Shababi M, Tullis G, Lorson C. Restoration of SMN function: delivery of a trans-splicing RNA re-directs SMN2 pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1471-8 pubmed..Together these results demonstrate that the alternatively spliced SMN2 exon 7 is a tractable target for replacement by trans-splicing. ..
- Kim S, Kwon S, Saha D, Anyanwu N, Gassmann W. Resistance to the Pseudomonas syringae effector HopA1 is governed by the TIR-NBS-LRR protein RPS6 and is enhanced by mutations in SRFR1. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1723-32 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, mutations in SRFR1 also enhanced HopA1-triggered immunity in rps6 mutants. In conclusion, the cloning of RPS6 and comparisons with RPS4 will contribute to a closer dissection of the TNL resistance pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Hoffman G, Branam A, Huang G, Pelegri F, Cole W, Wenstrup R, et al. Characterization of the six zebrafish clade B fibrillar procollagen genes, with evidence for evolutionarily conserved alternative splicing within the pro-alpha1(V) C-propeptide. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:261-75 pubmed publisher..Data presented herein provide insights into the nature of clade B procollagen chains and should facilitate their study in the zebrafish model system. ..
- Huang W, Khatib H. Comparison of transcriptomic landscapes of bovine embryos using RNA-Seq. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:711 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the power of RNA-seq and provides further understanding of bovine preimplantation embryonic development at a fine scale. ..
- Klinge C, Radde B, Imbert Fernandez Y, Teng Y, Ivanova M, Abner S, et al. Targeting the intracellular MUC1 C-terminal domain inhibits proliferation and estrogen receptor transcriptional activity in lung adenocarcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:2062-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate MUC1-ER functional interaction in lung adenocarcinoma cells and that inhibiting MUC1 inhibits lung adenocarcinoma cell viability. ..
- Sun Y, Cao S, Yang M, Wu S, Wang Z, Lin X, et al. Basic anatomy and tumor biology of the RPS6KA6 gene that encodes the p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-4. Oncogene. 2013;32:1794-810 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that whether RSK4 is oncogenic or tumor suppressive depends on many factors. ..
- Li X, Suh Y, Kim E, Moeller S, Lee K. Alternative splicing and developmental and hormonal regulation of porcine comparative gene identification-58 (CGI-58) mRNA. J Anim Sci. 2012;90:4346-54 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CGI-58 may be a new target for enhancing the quality of pork products as well as offering the potential of CGI-58 for human obesity treatment. ..
- Kawasaki F, Collins S, Ordway R. Synaptic calcium-channel function in Drosophila: analysis and transformation rescue of temperature-sensitive paralytic and lethal mutations of cacophony. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5856-64 pubmed..Possible implications of these findings are discussed in the context of structure-function studies of synaptic calcium channels, as well as alternative splicing and mRNA editing of the cac transcript. ..
- Yu J, Upadhyaya A, Atkinson N. Tissue-specific alternative splicing of BK channel transcripts in Drosophila. Genes Brain Behav. 2006;5:329-39 pubmed..We demonstrate that slowpoke transcripts undergo tissue- and developmental-specific splicing in Drosophila and some exons are diagnostic for specific tissues. ..
- Chung T, Suttangkakul A, Vierstra R. The ATG autophagic conjugation system in maize: ATG transcripts and abundance of the ATG8-lipid adduct are regulated by development and nutrient availability. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:220-34 pubmed publisher..The description of the maize ATG system now provides a battery of molecular and biochemical tools to study autophagy in this crop under field conditions...
- Celotto A, Graveley B. Alternative splicing of the Drosophila Dscam pre-mRNA is both temporally and spatially regulated. Genetics. 2001;159:599-608 pubmed..In addition, this work provides a framework to determine the mechanisms by which complex alternative splicing events are regulated. ..
- Castle J, Garrett Engele P, Armour C, Duenwald S, Loerch P, Meyer M, et al. Optimization of oligonucleotide arrays and RNA amplification protocols for analysis of transcript structure and alternative splicing. Genome Biol. 2003;4:R66 pubmed
- Ayme Southgate A, Philipp R, Southgate R. Projectin PEVK domain, splicing variants and domain structure in basal and derived insects. Insect Mol Biol. 2011;20:347-56 pubmed publisher..The analysis of alternative splicing variants identifies the shortest PEVK isoform as the predominant form in the flight muscles of several insects, possibly contributing to myofibrillar stiffness...
- Bailin T, Lee S, Spritz R. Genomic organization and sequence of D12S53E (Pmel 17), the human homologue of the mouse silver (si) locus. J Invest Dermatol. 1996;106:24-7 pubmed..D12S53E is a likely candidate gene for some cases of human oculocutaneous albinism not associated with known albinism loci. ..
- McAndrew P, Frostholm A, White R, Rotter A, Burghes A. Identification and characterization of RPTP rho, a novel RPTP mu/kappa-like receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase whose expression is restricted to the central nervous system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1998;56:9-21 pubmed
- Shoemaker D, Schadt E, Armour C, He Y, Garrett Engele P, McDonagh P, et al. Experimental annotation of the human genome using microarray technology. Nature. 2001;409:922-7 pubmed..We discuss implications for more comprehensive, consistent and reliable genome annotation, more efficient, full-length complementary DNA cloning strategies and application to complex diseases. ..
- Chen Y, Sumiyoshi H, Oxford J, Yoshioka H, Ramirez F, Morris N. Cis-acting elements regulate alternative splicing of exons 6A, 6B and 8 of the alpha1(XI) collagen gene and contribute to the regional diversification of collagen XI matrices. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:589-99 pubmed..Furthermore, deletional mapping of exon 6B identified sequences required for expression of exon 6B in RCS cells and these may correspond to purine-rich (ESE) and AC-rich (ACE) exonic splicing enhancers. ..
- Zhao Z, Gruszczynska Biegala J, Cheuvront T, Yi H, von der Mark H, von der Mark K, et al. Interaction of the disintegrin and cysteine-rich domains of ADAM12 with integrin alpha7beta1. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:28-37 pubmed..We also conclude that laminin and the DC domain of ADAM12 represent two functional ligands for integrin alpha7beta1, and adhesion to each of these two ligands via integrin alpha7beta1 triggers different cellular responses. ..
- Caldas H, Jiang Y, Holloway M, Fangusaro J, Mahotka C, Conway E, et al. Survivin splice variants regulate the balance between proliferation and cell death. Oncogene. 2005;24:1994-2007 pubmed..These findings are likely to have a significant impact in the design of biologic agents for clinical therapy. ..
- Greaser M, Krzesinski P, Warren C, Kirkpatrick B, Campbell K, Moss R. Developmental changes in rat cardiac titin/connectin: transitions in normal animals and in mutants with a delayed pattern of isoform transition. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2005;26:325-32 pubmed..These mutant animals may prove useful for examining the role of titin in stretch-activated signal transduction and in the Frank-Starling relationship. ..
- Flagella M, Bui S, Zheng Z, Nguyen C, Zhang A, Pastor L, et al. A multiplex branched DNA assay for parallel quantitative gene expression profiling. Anal Biochem. 2006;352:50-60 pubmed..94) compared with measurements obtained using the single-plex bDNA assay. Thus, the multiplex bDNA assay provides a powerful means to quantify the gene expression profile of a defined set of target genes in large sample populations. ..
- Hill J, Williams D, LeMasurier M, Dumont R, Strehler E, Gillespie P. Splice-site A choice targets plasma-membrane Ca2+-ATPase isoform 2 to hair bundles. J Neurosci. 2006;26:6172-80 pubmed
- Bechill J, Chen Z, Brewer J, Baker S. Mouse hepatitis virus infection activates the Ire1/XBP1 pathway of the unfolded protein response. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2006;581:139-44 pubmed
- Mortazavi A, Williams B, McCue K, Schaeffer L, Wold B. Mapping and quantifying mammalian transcriptomes by RNA-Seq. Nat Methods. 2008;5:621-8 pubmed publisher..We observed 1.45 x 10(5) distinct splices, and alternative splices were prominent, with 3,500 different genes expressing one or more alternate internal splices. ..
- Imamura M, Long X, Nanda V, Miano J. Expression and functional activity of four myocardin isoforms. Gene. 2010;464:1-10 pubmed publisher..We propose a new myocardin nomenclature reflecting the dominant splice variants expressed in cardiac muscle (Myocd_v1 and v2) versus SMC-rich tissues (Myocd_v3 and v4). ..
- DeKeyser J, Laurenzana E, Peterson E, Chen T, Omiecinski C. Selective phthalate activation of naturally occurring human constitutive androstane receptor splice variants and the pregnane X receptor. Toxicol Sci. 2011;120:381-91 pubmed publisher..Alternative gene splicing results in variant CAR receptors that selectively recognize phthalates and BPA. The interaction of phthalates with CAR and PXR suggests a xenobiotic response that is complex and biologically redundant. ..
- Sun D, Novotny M, Bulek K, Liu C, Li X, Hamilton T. Treatment with IL-17 prolongs the half-life of chemokine CXCL1 mRNA via the adaptor TRAF5 and the splicing-regulatory factor SF2 (ASF). Nat Immunol. 2011;12:853-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings define an IL-17-induced signaling pathway that links to the stabilization of selected mRNA species through Act1, TRAF2-TRAF5 and the RNA-binding protein SF2 (ASF). ..
- Yu J, Nagarajan S, Ueda E, Knez J, Petersen R, Medof M. Characterization of alternatively spliced PIG-A transcripts in normal and paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria cells. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1994;27:195-201 pubmed..The other expressed a 1600-bp transcript with multiple nucleotide changes but normal 1200- and 950-bp "spliced" transcripts. ..
- Yoon Y, Pitts K, Dahan S, McNiven M. A novel dynamin-like protein associates with cytoplasmic vesicles and tubules of the endoplasmic reticulum in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:779-93 pubmed..These observations provide the first evidence that a novel dynamin-like protein is expressed in mammalian cells where it associates with a secretory, rather than endocytic membrane compartment. ..
- Huang Q, Chen A, Jin J. Genomic sequence and structural organization of mouse slow skeletal muscle troponin T gene. Gene. 1999;229:1-10 pubmed
- Reiter J, Threadgill D, Eley G, Strunk K, Danielsen A, Sinclair C, et al. Comparative genomic sequence analysis and isolation of human and mouse alternative EGFR transcripts encoding truncated receptor isoforms. Genomics. 2001;71:1-20 pubmed..The presence of truncated receptor isoforms in diverse species suggests that these proteins may have important functional roles in regulating EGFR activity. ..
- Karras J, Maier M, Lu T, Watt A, Manoharan M. Peptide nucleic acids are potent modulators of endogenous pre-mRNA splicing of the murine interleukin-5 receptor-alpha chain. Biochemistry. 2001;40:7853-9 pubmed..The pronounced activity of antisense PNAs in modulating IL-5Ralpha mRNA splicing observed in our study identifies these compounds as a promising new class of lower molecular weight splicing modulators. ..
- Li Q, Wang C, Shi J, Ruan Q, Eckenrode S, Davoodi Semiromi A, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the mouse and human TUSP gene, a novel member of the tubby superfamily. Gene. 2001;273:275-84 pubmed
- Tannehill Gregg S, Kergosien E, Rosol T. Feline head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell line: characterization, production of parathyroid hormone-related protein, and regulation by transforming growth factor-beta. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2001;37:676-83 pubmed..The SCCF1 cell line will permit mechanistic experiments on genetic dysregulation in neoplastic keratinocytes of the feline oropharynx, and development of an in vitro model for H/N cancer. ..
- Minn A, Lan H, Rabaglia M, Harlan D, Peculis B, Attie A, et al. Increased insulin translation from an insulin splice-variant overexpressed in diabetes, obesity, and insulin resistance. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:794-803 pubmed..This raises the possibility that the mSPV may represent a compensatory beta-cell mechanism to enhance insulin biosynthesis when insulin requirements are elevated by hyperglycemia/insulin resistance. ..
- Anobile J, Arumugaswami V, Downs D, Czymmek K, Parcells M, Schmidt C. Nuclear localization and dynamic properties of the Marek's disease virus oncogene products Meq and Meq/vIL8. J Virol. 2006;80:1160-6 pubmed..Our data provide new insight regarding the dynamic cellular properties of two forms of a herpesvirus-encoded oncoprotein and suggest that these forms may have fundamentally different functions in MDV-infected cells...
- Keller K, Kelley M, Acott T. Extracellular matrix gene alternative splicing by trabecular meshwork cells in response to mechanical stretching. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1164-72 pubmed..These changes should affect TM cell-ECM and/or protein-protein interactions during the ECM remodeling that occurs coincident with homeostatic restoration of IOP to normal. ..
- Landsverk M, Weiser D, Hannibal M, Kimelman D. Alternative splicing of sept9a and sept9b in zebrafish produces multiple mRNA transcripts expressed throughout development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10712 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that sept9 plays an important role in zebrafish development, and establishes zebrafish as a valuable model organism for the study of SEPT9. ..
- Ramabhadran V, Korobova F, Rahme G, Higgs H. Splice variant-specific cellular function of the formin INF2 in maintenance of Golgi architecture. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4822-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the non-CAAX isoform of INF2 serves a distinct cellular function from that of the CAAX isoform. ..
- Gu Y, Barry J, McDougel R, Terman D, Gu C. Alternative splicing regulates kv3.1 polarized targeting to adjust maximal spiking frequency. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:1755-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies have demonstrated that alternative splicing controls neuronal firing rates by regulating the polarized targeting of Kv3.1 channels. ..
- Gorman M, Sullivan L, Nguyen T, Dai H, Arakane Y, Dittmer N, et al. Kinetic properties of alternatively spliced isoforms of laccase-2 from Tribolium castaneum and Anopheles gambiae. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:193-202 pubmed publisher..We conclude that laccase-2 splice isoforms are likely to oxidize the same substrates in vivo, and additional experiments will be required to discover any isoform-specific functions. ..
- Sobczak K, Wheeler T, Wang W, Thornton C. RNA interference targeting CUG repeats in a mouse model of myotonic dystrophy. Mol Ther. 2013;21:380-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the expanded CUG repeats are a potential target for allele-selective RNA interference...
- Tonissen K, Krieg P. Two neural-cell adhesion molecule (NCAM)-encoding genes in Xenopus laevis are expressed during development and in adult tissues. Gene. 1993;127:243-7 pubmed..PCR analysis however, shows that both NCAM genes are expressed at similar levels throughout embryonic development and in all adult tissues examined. ..
- Walter D, Paul K, Waters M. Purification and characterization of a novel 13 S hetero-oligomeric protein complex that stimulates in vitro Golgi transport. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29565-76 pubmed..The membrane-associated pool of GTC-90 is localized to the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Yanowitz J, Deshpande G, Calhoun G, Schedl P. An N-terminal truncation uncouples the sex-transforming and dosage compensation functions of sex-lethal. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3018-28 pubmed..This negative autoregulatory activity may be a homeostasis mechanism. ..
- McPherson C, Eipper B, Mains R. Kalirin expression is regulated by multiple promoters. J Mol Neurosci. 2004;22:51-62 pubmed..Most of these alternate first exons lie >100 kb upstream of exon 2 in both rats and humans. Comparisons of the rat and human Kalirin promoter regions reveal numerous shared potential regulatory elements. ..
- Zhang Y, Hancock W. The two motor domains of KIF3A/B coordinate for processive motility and move at different speeds. Biophys J. 2004;87:1795-804 pubmed..Instead, the data are consistent with a coordinated head model in which detachment of the slow KIF3A head from the microtubule is accelerated roughly threefold by the KIF3B head. ..
- Srinivasan R, Mager G, Ward R, Mayer J, Svaren J. NAB2 represses transcription by interacting with the CHD4 subunit of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase (NuRD) complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15129-37 pubmed..Finally, we show that interaction with CHD4 is regulated by alternative splicing of the NAB2 mRNA. ..
- Bettinger B, Amberg D. The MEK kinases MEKK4/Ssk2p facilitate complexity in the stress signaling responses of diverse systems. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:34-43 pubmed..We will also highlight evidence supporting a role for MEKK4 in mediating actin recovery following osmotic shock in mammalian cells. ..
- Kota J, Handy C, Haidet A, Montgomery C, Eagle A, Rodino Klapac L, et al. Follistatin gene delivery enhances muscle growth and strength in nonhuman primates. Sci Transl Med. 2009;1:6ra15 pubmed publisher..Our results, together with the findings in mice, suggest that therapy with AAV1-FS344 may improve muscle mass and function in patients with certain degenerative muscle disorders. ..
- Joo J, Correia G, Li J, Lopez M, Baker H, Sugrue S. Transcriptomic analysis of PNN- and ESRP1-regulated alternative pre-mRNA splicing in human corneal epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:697-707 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that ESRP1 and PNN modulate alternative splicing of a specific subset of target genes, but not general splicing events, in HCET cells to maintain or enhance epithelial characteristics. ..
- Marbaix A, Tyteca D, Niehaus T, Hanson A, Linster C, van Schaftingen E. Occurrence and subcellular distribution of the NADPHX repair system in mammals. Biochem J. 2014;460:49-58 pubmed publisher..Liver fractionation by differential centrifugation confirmed the presence of the dehydratase and the epimerase in the cytosol and in mitochondria. These data support the notion that NAD(P)HX repair is extremely widespread. ..
- Yan C, Zhao A, Bentley J, Beavo J. The calmodulin-dependent phosphodiesterase gene PDE1C encodes several functionally different splice variants in a tissue-specific manner. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:25699-706 pubmed..In summary, these findings suggest that the PDE1C gene undergoes tissue-specific alternative splicing that generates structurally and functionally diverse gene products. ..
- Rigo F, Hua Y, Chun S, Prakash T, Krainer A, Bennett C. Synthetic oligonucleotides recruit ILF2/3 to RNA transcripts to modulate splicing. Nat Chem Biol. 2012;8:555-61 pubmed publisher..We discuss the possibility of using chemically engineered ASOs that recruit specific proteins to modulate gene expression for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Rowley R, Bolen J, Fargnoli J. Molecular cloning of rodent p72Syk. Evidence of alternative mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:12659-64 pubmed
- Enyedi A, Verma A, Filoteo A, Penniston J. A highly active 120-kDa truncated mutant of the plasma membrane Ca2+ pump. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:10621-6 pubmed
- Webb N, de Villiers W, Connell P, de Beer F, van der Westhuyzen D. Alternative forms of the scavenger receptor BI (SR-BI). J Lipid Res. 1997;38:1490-5 pubmed..2 protein and acquired the ability to take up fluorescent lipid (DiI) from DiI-HDL. Alternative splicing of SR-BI represents a potentially important process for the regulation of SR-BI expression and function. ..
- Munoz Sanjuan I, Simandl B, Fallon J, Nathans J. Expression of chicken fibroblast growth factor homologous factor (FHF)-1 and of differentially spliced isoforms of FHF-2 during development and involvement of FHF-2 in chicken limb development. Development. 1999;126:409-21 pubmed..Finally, we show that a secreted version of cFHF-2 activates the expression of HoxD13, HoxD11, Fgf-4 and BMP-2 ectopically, consistent with cFHF-2 playing a role in anterior-posterior patterning of the limb. ..
- Ruan Q, Wang C, Shi J, She J. Expression and alternative splicing of the mouse autoimmune regulator gene (Aire). J Autoimmun. 1999;13:307-13 pubmed..These forms result from combinations of four alternative splicing units (exon 10, exon 11, 12 bp in exon 6 and 3 bp in exon 8). The relative abundance of these splicing forms was also determined. ..
- Huseby E, Goverman J. Tolerating the nervous system: a delicate balance. J Exp Med. 2000;191:757-60 pubmed
- Guo F, Comhair S, Zheng S, Dweik R, Eissa N, Thomassen M, et al. Molecular mechanisms of increased nitric oxide (NO) in asthma: evidence for transcriptional and post-translational regulation of NO synthesis. J Immunol. 2000;164:5970-80 pubmed..These findings represent a crucial cornerstone for future therapeutic strategies aimed at regulating NO synthesis in asthma. ..
- Hecker T, Grammer J, Gillespie G, Stewart J, Gladson C. Focal adhesion kinase enhances signaling through the Shc/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway in anaplastic astrocytoma tumor biopsy samples. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2699-707 pubmed
- Shin S, Kokoza V, Ahmed A, Raikhel A. Characterization of three alternatively spliced isoforms of the Rel/NF-kappa B transcription factor Relish from the mosquito Aedes aegypti. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9978-83 pubmed publisher..PCR and Southern blot hybridization analyses show that these three transcripts originated from the same large inducible mRNA encoded by a single Relish gene...
- Chen C, Klaassen C. Rat multidrug resistance protein 4 (Mrp4, Abcc4): molecular cloning, organ distribution, postnatal renal expression, and chemical inducibility. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:46-53 pubmed..Mrp4 expression in liver and kidney of rats treated with six classes of microsomal enzyme inducers was examined. Mrp4 mRNA in liver was induced by two electrophile response element activators, namely ethoxyquin and oltipraz. ..
- Tian W, Fu Y, Wang D, Cohen D. Regulation of TRPV1 by a novel renally expressed rat TRPV1 splice variant. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F117-26 pubmed..We conclude that TRPV1(VAR) is one of perhaps several TRPV1 splice variants expressed in rat kidney and that it may serve to modulate TRPV1 responsiveness in some tissues. ..
- D Souza I, Schellenberg G. Arginine/serine-rich protein interaction domain-dependent modulation of a tau exon 10 splicing enhancer: altered interactions and mechanisms for functionally antagonistic FTDP-17 mutations Delta280K AND N279K. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2460-9 pubmed..The data suggest that SF2/ASF has both essential and regulatory roles, whereas Tra2beta has a supporting role in exon 10 splicing. ..
- Chandler D, Singh R, Caldwell L, Bitler J, Lozano G. Genotoxic stress induces coordinately regulated alternative splicing of the p53 modulators MDM2 and MDM4. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9502-8 pubmed..A stepwise model for malignant conversion by which alternate forms of MDM2 and MDM4 place selective pressure on the cells to acquire additional alterations in the p53 pathway is herein proposed. ..
- Ma W, Horvath G, Kistler M, Kistler W. Expression patterns of SP1 and SP3 during mouse spermatogenesis: SP1 down-regulation correlates with two successive promoter changes and translationally compromised transcripts. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:289-300 pubmed publisher..As part of this work, we also identified five additional, minor Sp1 cap sites by 5' rapid amplification of cDNA ends, including a trans-spliced RNA originating from the Glcci1 gene. ..
- Robbins E, Travanty E, Yang K, Iczkowski K. MAP kinase pathways and calcitonin influence CD44 alternate isoform expression in prostate cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:260 pubmed publisher..These findings could be used in the formulation of therapeutic methods for PC targeting CD44 alternate splicing. ..
- Lee J, Overstreet E, Fitch E, Fleenor S, Fischer J. Drosophila liquid facets-Related encodes Golgi epsin and is an essential gene required for cell proliferation, growth, and patterning. Dev Biol. 2009;331:1-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LqfR transports specific cargo critical to one or more signaling pathways, and lays the foundation for identifying those proteins. ..
- Betzenhauser M, Wagner L, Park H, Yule D. ATP regulation of type-1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor activity does not require walker A-type ATP-binding motifs. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16156-63 pubmed publisher..Similarly, ATP increased the single channel open probability of the mutated InsP3R1 to the same extent as wild type. ATP likely exerts its effects on InsP3R1 channel function via a novel and as yet unidentified mechanism. ..
- Cummings K, Belin S, Popescu G. Residues in the GluN1 C-terminal domain control kinetics and pharmacology of GluN1/GluN3A N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2017;119:40-47 pubmed publisher..Based on these results we suggest that GluN1 C-terminal domain splicing may confer cell-specific and activity-dependent regulation onto the level and pharmacologic sensitivity of GluN1/GluN3A currents. ..
- Monreal A, Zonana J, Ferguson B. Identification of a new splice form of the EDA1 gene permits detection of nearly all X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia mutations. Am J Hum Genet. 1998;63:380-9 pubmed..Direct diagnosis will allow carrier detection in families with a single affected male and will assist in distinguishing XLHED from the rarer, clinically indistinguishable, autosomal recessive form of the disorder. ..
- Sutherland L, Lerman M, Williams G, Miller B. LUCA-15 suppresses CD95-mediated apoptosis in Jurkat T cells. Oncogene. 2001;20:2713-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that LUCA-15 is a selective inhibitor of cell death, and confirm the importance of the LUCA-15 genetic locus in the control of apoptosis. ..
- Kalli K, Falowo O, Bale L, Zschunke M, Roche P, Conover C. Functional insulin receptors on human epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells: implications for IGF-II mitogenic signaling. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3259-67 pubmed..This report suggests that the insulin receptor may play a role in the regulation of ovarian cancer cell growth. ..
- Langlais K, Stewart J, Morton D. Preliminary characterization of two atypical soluble guanylyl cyclases in the central and peripheral nervous system of Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:2323-38 pubmed..We have also extended our analysis of the NO activation of Gyc-88E and Gyc-89Db, showing that several structurally unrelated NO donors activate Gyc-88E when expressed alone or when co-expressed with Gyc-89Db. ..
- McPherson C, Eipper B, Mains R. Multiple novel isoforms of Trio are expressed in the developing rat brain. Gene. 2005;347:125-35 pubmed..Trio/duet is expressed in adult cortex and cerebellum. In the rat brain, each of these Trio isoforms is expressed at a higher level than full length Trio. ..