Experts and Doctors on allergens in Italy
- Valsecchi R, Leghissa P, Di Landro A, Bartolozzi F, Riva M, Bancone C. Persistent leukoderma after henna tattoo. Contact Dermatitis. 2007;56:108-9 pubmed
- Iemoli E, Borgonovo L, Fusi A, Magni C, Ricci E, Rizzardini G, et al. Sublingual allergen immunotherapy in HIV-positive patients. Allergy. 2016;71:412-5 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary data showed that SLIT therapy in viro-immunological controlled HAART treated HIV positive patients was efficacious, safe and well tolerated. ..
- Agea E, Russano A, Bistoni O, Mannucci R, Nicoletti I, Corazzi L, et al. Human CD1-restricted T cell recognition of lipids from pollens. J Exp Med. 2005;202:295-308 pubmed..Finally, allergic, but not normal subjects, displayed circulating specific IgE and cutaneous weal and flare reactions to phospholipids. ..
- Restani P, Ballabio C, Tripodi S, Fiocchi A. Meat allergy. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;9:265-9 pubmed publisher..There are some reports of cross-contamination associated with the inadequate cleaning of industrial or butchers' equipment. All these aspects may have serious implications for clinical practice. ..
- Asero R, Wopfner N, Gruber P, Gadermaier G, Ferreira F. Artemisia and Ambrosia hypersensitivity: co-sensitization or co-recognition?. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:658-65 pubmed..Future studies will establish whether IgE reactivity translates into clinical symptoms and, hence, if co-sensitized patients should undergo specific immunotherapy with extracts of both mugwort and ragweed pollen. ..
- Ricciardolo F, Di Stefano A, Silvestri M, Van Schadewijk A, Malerba M, Hiemstra P, et al. Exhaled nitric oxide is related to bronchial eosinophilia and airway hyperresponsiveness to bradykinin in allergen-induced asthma exacerbation. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:175-82 pubmed..675, p = 0.039). This study indicates that after allergen exposure heightened level of exhaled NO may reflect augmented airway eosinophilic inflammation and airway responsiveness to bradykinin indicating loss of asthma control. ..
- Bettazzi F, Lucarelli F, Palchetti I, Berti F, Marrazza G, Mascini M. Disposable electrochemical DNA-array for PCR amplified detection of hazelnut allergens in foodstuffs. Anal Chim Acta. 2008;614:93-102 pubmed publisher..S.D. 10%). The optimized conditions were used to test several commercially available foodstuffs, claiming to contain or not the targeted nuts. The results were compared with those obtained with classical ELISA tests. ..
- Ricciardolo F, Nijkamp F, De Rose V, Folkerts G. The guinea pig as an animal model for asthma. Curr Drug Targets. 2008;9:452-65 pubmed..The focus here is to demonstrate that guinea pig asthma models are useful for testing novel therapeutics. ..
- Magni C, Ballabio C, Restani P, Sironi E, Scarafoni A, Poiesi C, et al. Two-dimensional electrophoresis and western-blotting analyses with anti Ara h 3 basic subunit IgG evidence the cross-reacting polypeptides of Arachis hypogaea, Glycine max, and Lupinus albus seed proteomes. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:2275-81 pubmed..The present findings show the potentiality of 2D electrophoresis in the identification of food allergens and open the way to the traceability of the new cross-reacting proteins in the food chain. ..
- Asero R, Jimeno L, Barber D. Component-resolved diagnosis of plant food allergy by SPT. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;40:115-21 pubmed..In the future, the availability of a larger number of purified natural or recombinant allergens for SPT will represent a simple means to classify food-allergic patients properly on the first visit. ..
- Leonardi A, Busca F, Motterle L, Cavarzeran F, Fregona I, Plebani M, et al. Case series of 406 vernal keratoconjunctivitis patients: a demographic and epidemiological study. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2006;84:406-10 pubmed..An IgE-mediated sensitization was found in only half of the VKC patients. Vernal keratoconjunctivitis is not a rare event in the paediatric population but is an extremely rare new disease in adults. ..
- Leonardi A, Papa V, Milazzo G, Secchi A. Efficacy and safety of desonide phosphate for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis. Cornea. 2002;21:476-81 pubmed..It was also safe, with no side effects such as increases in intraocular pressure observed by physician or patient. ..
- Fuiano N, Incorvaia C. Comparison of skin prick test and atopy patch test with dust mite extracts in patients with respiratory symptoms or atopic eczema dermatitis syndrome. Allergy. 2003;58:828 pubmed
- Guerra L, Rogkakou A, Massacane P, Gamalero C, Compalati E, Zanella C, et al. Role of contact sensitization in chronic urticaria. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;56:88-90 pubmed..In all patients, avoidance measures led to a complete remission within 1 month. We suggest that testing for contact sensitization can be helpful in the management of chronic urticaria. ..
- Annunziato F, Cosmi L, Manetti R, Brugnolo F, Parronchi P, Maggi E, et al. Reversal of human allergen-specific CRTH2+ T(H)2 cells by IL-12 or the PS-DSP30 oligodeoxynucleotide. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001;108:815-21 pubmed
- Incorvaia C, Fuiano N, Leo G. Sublingual immunotherapy for treating respiratory allergy: a review on its effectiveness and suitability. Clin Ter. 2010;161:543-7 pubmed..In fact, a number of studies showed that SLIT may be very beneficial to the healthcare system, especially after its stopping, when there is no more the cost of the treatment but its efficacy on symptoms persists. ..
- Ricciardolo F, Petecchia L, Sorbello V, Di Stefano A, Usai C, Massaglia G, et al. Bradykinin B2 receptor expression in the bronchial mucosa of allergic asthmatics: the role of NF-kB. Clin Exp Allergy. 2016;46:428-38 pubmed publisher..NF-kB inhibitor blocked IL-4/IL-13-induced increase in B2R expression in cultured fibroblasts, suggesting a role as potential anti-asthma drug. ..
- Asero R, Mistrello G, Amato S. Anaphylaxis caused by tomato lipid transfer protein. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;43:125-6 pubmed..Inhibition studies carried out in-vitro showed the complete cross-reactivity between the relevant tomato allergen and purified peach lipid transferprotein (LTP). Tomato LTP may sometimes cause severe allergic reactions. ..
- Penagos M, Compalati E, Tarantini F, Baena Cagnani R, Huerta J, Passalacqua G, et al. Efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy in the treatment of allergic rhinitis in pediatric patients 3 to 18 years of age: a meta-analysis of randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trials. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2006;97:141-8 pubmed..The results of this meta-analysis showed that,compared with placebo, SLIT with standardized extracts is effective in pediatric patients with allergic rhinitis. ..
- Carbone F, Mourgues F, Perrotta G, Rosati C. Advances in functional research of antioxidants and organoleptic traits in berry crops. Biofactors. 2008;34:23-36 pubmed..This review will cover the literature dealing with molecular research in berry crops, focusing on antioxidant- and flavor-related compounds...
- Cavatorta V, Sforza S, Mastrobuoni G, Pieraccini G, Francese S, Moneti G, et al. Unambiguous characterization and tissue localization of Pru P 3 peach allergen by electrospray mass spectrometry and MALDI imaging. J Mass Spectrom. 2009;44:891-7 pubmed publisher..The results reported here demonstrate the full potential of mass spectrometry for rapidly obtaining high quality structural data of relevant food proteins. ..
- Ciprandi G, Tosca M, Passalacqua G, Canonica G. Intranasal mometasone furoate reduces late-phase inflammation after allergen challenge. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2001;86:433-8 pubmed..05); and 4) intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression on nasal epithelial cells (P < 0.001). The present results demonstrate that MF has a significant effect on late-phase events, reducing the cellular influx and activation. ..
- Marcucci F, Sensi L, Incorvaia C, Di Cara G, Moingeon P, Frati F. Oral reactions to sublingual immunotherapy: a bioptic study. Allergy. 2007;62:1475-7 pubmed
- Negrini A, Negrini S, Giunta V, Quaglini S, Ciprandi G. Thirty-year survey on airborne pollen concentrations in Genoa, Italy: relationship with sensitizations, meteorological data, and air pollution. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2011;25:e232-41 pubmed publisher..This study investigated possible relationships among pollen count, meteorological changes, air pollution, and sensitizations in this city during a 30-year period...
- Asero R. Analysis of hypersensitivity to oleaceae pollen in an olive-free and ash-free area by commercial pollen extracts and recombinant allergens. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;43:77-80 pubmed..Olive pollen sensitization is surprisingly frequent in Milan, an area that is virtually both olive- and ash-free...
- Fiocchi A, ASSA AD A, Bahna S. Food allergy and the introduction of solid foods to infants: a consensus document. Adverse Reactions to Foods Committee, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2006;97:10-20; quiz 21, 77 pubmed..Foods should be introduced one at a time in small amounts. Mixed foods containing various food allergens should not be given unless tolerance to every ingredient has been assessed. ..
- Ciprandi G, De Amici M, Murdaca G, Fenoglio D, Ricciardolo F, Marseglia G, et al. Serum interleukin-17 levels are related to clinical severity in allergic rhinitis. Allergy. 2009;64:1375-8 pubmed publisher..0001 for all). This study provides evidence that serum IL-17 level assessment might be considered to classify allergy severity. ..
- Pastorello E, Farioli L, Pravettoni V, Robino A, Scibilia J, Fortunato D, et al. Lipid transfer protein and vicilin are important walnut allergens in patients not allergic to pollen. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:908-14 pubmed..The sensitization to this protein seems to be secondary to the sensitization to peach LTP, which acts as the primary sensitizer. LTP and vicilins were able to sensitize patients not allergic to pollen. ..
- Gardana C, Barbieri A, Simonetti P, Guglielmetti S. Biotransformation strategy to reduce allergens in propolis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:4654-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first study demonstrating that the allergenic caffeate esters of propolis can be eliminated by means of a bacterial biotransformation procedure. ..
- Bernardini R, Mistrello G, Novembre E, Roncarolo D, Zanotta S, Lombardi E, et al. Cross-reactivity between IgE-binding proteins from Anisakis simplex and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2005;18:671-5 pubmed..The results show that 1) cross-reactive components between Dp and As are some proteins with a mw ranging approximately from 35 to 50 kD and with a mw > than 100 kD, and 2) tr is not involved in cross-reactivity between As and Dp...
- Ariano R, Incorvaia C, La Grutta S, Marcucci F, Pajno G, Sensi L, et al. Safety of sublingual immunotherapy started during the pollen season. Curr Med Res Opin. 2009;25:103-7 pubmed..This study suggests that SLIT with pollen extracts may be safely started at the beginning and also during the pollen season, with a tolerability profile comparable to the conventional pre-seasonal SLIT. ..
- Fiocchi A, Bouygue G, Albarini M, Restani P. Molecular diagnosis of cow's milk allergy. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;11:216-21 pubmed publisher..To identify and discuss studies on the molecular diagnosis of cow's milk allergy (CMA) with a view to update allergists since a general review of the methodology in 2006...
- Incorvaia C, Frati F, Puccinelli P, Riario Sforza G, Dal Bo S. Dose dependence of efficacy and safety of subcutaneous immunotherapy. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2006;65:41-3 pubmed..The dose dependency with respect to both efficacy and safety makes essential to accurately consider the risk/benefit ratio in each patient eligible for SCIT. ..
- Torre F, Limonta A, Molinari A, Masala E, Vercelloni S, Torre E. Cannabaceae pollen in the atmosphere of Brianza, Northen Italy. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;39:9-11 pubmed..So we tried to determine the pollination pattern of pollens usually not tested, because no company produces the corrisponding extract...
- Yacoub M, Colombo G, Marcucci F, Caminati M, Sensi L, Di Cara G, et al. Effects of sublingual immunotherapy on allergic inflammation: an update. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2012;11:285-91 pubmed..Data obtained from biopsies clearly indicate that the pathophysiology of the oral mucosa, with particular importance for mucosal DCs, plays a crucial role in inducing tolerance to the administered allergen. ..
- Ariano R, Mistrello G, Panzani R. Occupational respiratory allergy to cyclamen pollen: a case report. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;38:90-3 pubmed..The nasal challenge prove to be very useful to confirm allergic sensitizations an we emphasize the necessity of preventive measures of protection for those florists who cultivate cyclamen plants...
- Fiocchi A, Pajno G, La Grutta S, Pezzuto F, Incorvaia C, Sensi L, et al. Safety of sublingual-swallow immunotherapy in children aged 3 to 7 years. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2005;95:254-8 pubmed..High-dose immunotherapy in children younger than 5 years does not cause more adverse reactions than in children aged 5 to 7 years. There is no reason to forbear studies on safety and efficacy of these preparations in young children. ..
- Rossi R, Monasterolo G. A pilot study of feasibility of ultra-rush (20-25 minutes) sublingual-swallow immunotherapy in 679 patients (699 sessions) with allergic rhinitis and/or asthma. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2005;18:277-85 pubmed
- Cavagni G, Caffarelli C, Spattini A, Riva G. IgE-mediated allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis caused by Calocedrus decurrens (incense cedar). Allergy. 2003;58:1201-2 pubmed
- Ballabio C, Peñas E, Uberti F, Fiocchi A, Duranti M, Magni C, et al. Characterization of the sensitization profile to lupin in peanut-allergic children and assessment of cross-reactivity risk. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2013;24:270-5 pubmed publisher..The role of ?-conglutin in the cross-reactivity between lupin and peanut proteins was also relevant and clear, despite the observed unspecificity of the immunoblotting responses. ..
- Vancheri C, Mastruzzo C, Armato F, Tomaselli V, Magri S, Pistorio M, et al. Intranasal heparin reduces eosinophil recruitment after nasal allergen challenge in patients with allergic rhinitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001;108:703-8 pubmed..The mechanism by which heparin produces its protective activity seems to be related to the neutralization of eosinophil cationic protein as well as to the reduction of eosinophil recruitment. ..
- Peroni D, Boner A, Vallone G, Antolini I, Warner J. Effective allergen avoidance at high altitude reduces allergen-induced bronchial hyperresponsiveness. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1994;149:1442-6 pubmed..01). Our data demonstrate that allergen avoidance in asthmatic children not only decreases nonspecific BHR but also decreases allergen sensitivity, late allergen-induced bronchial reactions, and enhancement of BHR by allergen challenge. ..
- Bartuzi Z, Cocco R, Muraro A, Nowak Wegrzyn A. Contribution of Molecular Allergen Analysis in Diagnosis of Milk Allergy. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..Specific IgE-binding patterns to casein and beta-lactoglobulin peptides may also predict response to milk OITand identify patientsmost likely to benefit fromOIT. ..
- Esposito V, Lucariello A, Savarese L, Cinelli M, Ferraraccio F, Bianco A, et al. Morphology changes in human lung epithelial cells after exposure to diesel exhaust micron sub particles (PM?.?) and pollen allergens. Environ Pollut. 2012;171:162-7 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate morphological and functional alterations related to the PM(1.0) and P. officinalis and confirm the induction of the inflammatory response in lung cells exposed to the inhalable particles. ..
- Piconi S, Trabattoni D, Rainone V, Borgonovo L, Passerini S, Rizzardini G, et al. Immunological effects of sublingual immunotherapy: clinical efficacy is associated with modulation of programmed cell death ligand 1, IL-10, and IgG4. J Immunol. 2010;185:7723-30 pubmed publisher..A more detailed understanding of the interaction of allergen and APCs within the oral mucosa will allow improved targeting of allergy vaccine. ..
- Pastorello E, Vieths S, Pravettoni V, Farioli L, Trambaioli C, Fortunato D, et al. Identification of hazelnut major allergens in sensitive patients with positive double-blind, placebo-controlled food challenge results. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;109:563-70 pubmed..No studies have reported hazelnut allergens recognized in patients with positive double-blind, placebo-controlled food challenge (DBPCFC) results or in patients allergic to hazelnut but not to birch...
- Fiocchi A, Travaini M, D Auria E, Banderali G, Bernardo L, Riva E. Tolerance to a rice hydrolysate formula in children allergic to cow's milk and soy. Clin Exp Allergy. 2003;33:1576-80 pubmed..Children allergic to cow's milk and soy tolerate an HRF clinically. This suggests that rice hydrolysate may be used as a protein source for children with multiple food-induced reactions. ..
- Burastero S, Paolucci C, Breda D, Longhi R, Silvestri M, Hammer J, et al. T-cell receptor-mediated cross-allergenicity. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2004;135:296-305 pubmed..These results have relevance in the management of patients with multiple allergies. ..
- Gidaro G, Marcucci F, Sensi L, Incorvaia C, Frati F, Ciprandi G. The safety of sublingual-swallow immunotherapy: an analysis of published studies. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:565-71 pubmed..There is evidence that AE occurrence is substantially not dose-dependent. This fact highlights two main clinical aspects: the elevated tolerability of SLIT in general and the safety of HAD regimen. ..
- Bordignon V, Burastero S. Age, gender and reactivity to allergens independently influence skin reactivity to histamine. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2006;16:129-35 pubmed..Histamine is commonly used as a positive control in skin prick testing and provides a measure of nonspecific skin reactivity, similar to bronchial hyper-responsiveness...
- Rovati G, Baroffio M, Citro S, Brichetto L, Ravasi S, Milanese M, et al. Cysteinyl-leukotrienes in the regulation of beta2-adrenoceptor function: an in vitro model of asthma. Respir Res. 2006;7:103 pubmed..Allergen exposure of sensitized human bronchi may also cause a beta2-adrenoceptor desensitization through the involvement of the CysLT1R-PKC pathway. ..
- Bruno M. LAIS - Posological schedules. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2005;18:33-4 pubmed
- Pastorello E, Monza M, Pravettoni V, Longhi R, Bonara P, Scibilia J, et al. Characterization of the T-cell epitopes of the major peach allergen Pru p 3. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;153:1-12 pubmed publisher..These peptides showed a differential ability to elicit a Th2 response. Taken together, our results provide a better understanding of the immunological T-cell reactivity against Pru p 3. ..
- Mazzarella G, Esposito V, Bianco A, Ferraraccio F, Prati M, Lucariello A, et al. Inflammatory effects on human lung epithelial cells after exposure to diesel exhaust micron sub particles (PM?.?) and pollen allergens. Environ Pollut. 2012;161:64-9 pubmed publisher..0) + ALL together, but is higher expressed when the cells are treated only with the allergen. Our data support the hypothesis that the urban environment damage the acinar lung units and activates cells of the immune system. ..
- Incorvaia C, Frati F, Verna N, D Alò S, Motolese A, Pucci S. Allergy and the skin. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;153 Suppl 1:27-9 pubmed publisher..Skin-homing is another crucial event in AD, mediated by the cutaneous lymphocyte-associated antigens (CLA) receptor, which characterizes T cell subpopulations with different roles in AD and asthma. ..
- Pastorello E, Farioli L, Pravettoni V, Scibilia J, Mascheri A, Borgonovo L, et al. Pru p 3-sensitised Italian peach-allergic patients are less likely to develop severe symptoms when also presenting IgE antibodies to Pru p 1 and Pru p 4. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011;156:362-72 pubmed publisher..Italian patients with positive anti-rPru p 1, 4 and 3 IgE levels seemed less likely to experience the clinical effects of high anti-rPru p 3 IgE values. ..
- Leonardi A, Busca F, Tavolato M, Secchi A. The anti-allergic effects of a cromolyn sodium-chlorpheniramine combination compared to ketotifen in the conjunctival allergen challenge model. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:128-33 pubmed..05% on the clinical allergic reaction induced by the conjunctival allergen challenge (CAC)...
- Canonica G, Passalacqua G. Noninjection routes for immunotherapy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;111:437-48; quiz 449 pubmed..Although the long-lasting efficacy has been recently documented for the sublingual route, several points still need to be elucidated, including mechanisms of action, optimal dosage, cost-effectiveness, and adherence. ..
- Prandi B, Faccini A, Tedeschi T, Galaverna G, Sforza S. LC/MS analysis of proteolytic peptides in wheat extracts for determining the content of the allergen amylase/trypsin inhibitor CM3: influence of growing area and variety. Food Chem. 2013;140:141-6 pubmed publisher..The CM3 allergenic proteins were found to greatly vary among different cultivation areas. ..
- Mistrello G, Roncarolo D, Zanoni D, Zanotta S, Amato S, Falagiani P, et al. Allergenic relevance of Cupressus arizonica pollen extract and biological characterization of the allergoid. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2002;129:296-304 pubmed..The need for a reliable and effective cypress extract for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes is increasingly felt...
- Asero R, Mistrello G, Roncarolo D, Amato S, Caldironi G, Barocci F, et al. Immunological cross-reactivity between lipid transfer proteins from botanically unrelated plant-derived foods: a clinical study. Allergy. 2002;57:900-6 pubmed..In view of the high prevalence and severity of the allergic reactions induced, hazelnut, walnut, and peanut should be regarded as potentially hazardous for these patients. ..
- Magni C, Ballabio C, Restani P, Fuggetta D, Alessandri C, Mari A, et al. Molecular insight into IgE-mediated reactions to sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) seed proteins. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010;105:458-64 pubmed publisher..However, sensitization toward these proteins does not follow a common and unique pattern of clinical reactivity, as shown by the differential geographic recognition of single proteins...
- Ariano R, Spadolini I, Panzani R. Efficacy of sublingual specific immunotherapy in Cupressaceae allergy using an extract of Cupressus arizonica. A double blind study. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2001;29:238-44 pubmed..We carried out a study to evaluate the clinical efficacy and effects sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in patient with Cupressaceae pollen respiratory allergy...