Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aldosterone in United States
Locale: United States
- Reams G, Bauer J. The effect of triple drug therapy on renal function in patients with essential hypertension. J Clin Pharmacol. 1989;29:803-8 pubmed..However this antihypertensive regimen may be associated with a decrement in renal function. ..
- Macarthur C, Kempton J, DeGagne J, Trune D. Control of chronic otitis media and sensorineural hearing loss in C3H/HeJ mice: glucocorticoids vs mineralocorticoids. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;139:646-53 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that steroid treatments can improve the physiology of chronic middle and inner ear disease seen with COM. ..
- Jacobs M, Jeffers L, Welch A, Wingo C, Cain B. MicroRNA regulation of endothelin-1 mRNA in renal collecting duct cells. Life Sci. 2014;118:195-9 pubmed publisher..These results define the miRNA landscape of the mIMCD-3 cell line. Moreover, Edn1 was shown to interact with Argonaute protein suggesting that it is a target of the RNA induced silencing complex (RISC). ..
- Goodfriend T, Egan B, Kelley D. Plasma aldosterone, plasma lipoproteins, obesity and insulin resistance in humans. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 1999;60:401-5 pubmed..This may explain the correlation of plasma steroids with visceral obesity. Aldosterone may contribute to vascular diseases that complicate obesity. ..
- Trune D, Kempton J. Low dose combination steroids control autoimmune mouse hearing loss. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;229:140-5 pubmed publisher..This efficacy of combined steroids at low doses suggests the potential for reducing the side effects of glucocorticoids in the therapeutic control of hearing disorders. ..
- Rowland N, Goldstein B, Robertson K. Role of angiotensin in body fluid homeostasis of mice: fluid intake, plasma hormones, and brain Fos. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;284:R1586-94 pubmed..ANG II appears to have a modified role in the behavioral response to fluid loss in mice compared with rats. ..
- Goodfriend T, Ball D, Oelkers W, Bahr V. Torsemide inhibits aldosterone secretion in vitro. Life Sci. 1998;63:PL45-50 pubmed..Inhibition of aldosterone secretion could reduce kaliuresis, and that may explain why torsemide causes less kaliuresis than other diuretics. ..
- Reungjui S, Hu H, Mu W, Roncal C, Croker B, Patel J, et al. Thiazide-induced subtle renal injury not observed in states of equivalent hypokalemia. Kidney Int. 2007;72:1483-92 pubmed..We also found impaired endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation was linked to mild hypokalemia. ..
- Manrique C, Demarco V, Aroor A, Mugerfeld I, Garro M, Habibi J, et al. Obesity and insulin resistance induce early development of diastolic dysfunction in young female mice fed a Western diet. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3632-42 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with the notion that higher aldosterone levels, in concert with insulin resistance, may promote myocardial stiffness and diastolic dysfunction in response to overnutrition in females. ..
- Wagoner A, Shaltout H, Fortunato J, Diz D. Distinct neurohumoral biomarker profiles in children with hemodynamically defined orthostatic intolerance may predict treatment options. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016;310:H416-25 pubmed publisher..These different compensatory mechanisms support the role of measuring neurohumoral profiles toward the goal of selecting more focused and mechanistic-based treatment options for pediatric patients with OI. ..
- Lu H, Wu C, Howatt D, Balakrishnan A, Charnigo R, Cassis L, et al. Differential effects of dietary sodium intake on blood pressure and atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:49-53 pubmed publisher..01% and Na 2% groups. In conclusion, while high dietary sodium intake led to higher systolic blood pressure, low dietary sodium intake augmented atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic mice. ..
- Duax W, Ghosh D, Pletnev V. Steroid dehydrogenase structures, mechanism of action, and disease. Vitam Horm. 2000;58:121-48 pubmed..When the alpha-carbon backbone of the cofactor binding domains of the structures are superimposed, the conserved residues are at the core of the structure and in the cofactor binding domain, but not in the substrate binding pocket. ..
- Mansoor G, Malchoff C, Arici M, Karimeddini M, Whalen G. Unilateral adrenal hyperplasia causing primary aldosteronism: limitations of I-131 norcholesterol scanning. Am J Hypertens. 2002;15:459-64 pubmed..Excessive reliance on adrenal scintigraphy without adrenal vein sampling may lead to serious errors in patient management. ..
- Trune D, Kempton J, Gross N. Mineralocorticoid receptor mediates glucocorticoid treatment effects in the autoimmune mouse ear. Hear Res. 2006;212:22-32 pubmed..It was concluded the inner ear mineralocorticoid receptor is a significant target of glucocorticoids and a factor that should be considered in therapeutic treatments for steroid-responsive hearing loss. ..
- Chen H, Schrier R. Pathophysiology of volume overload in acute heart failure syndromes. Am J Med. 2006;119:S11-6 pubmed..Future approaches to HF treatment should focus on the more accurate assessment and management of volume status in an effort to improve patient care. ..
- Duax W, Ghosh D. Structure and function of steroid dehydrogenases involved in hypertension, fertility, and cancer. Steroids. 1997;62:95-100 pubmed..When the alpha-carbon backbone of the cofactor binding domains of the five structures are superimposed, the conserved residues are at the core of the structure and in the cofactor binding domain, but not in the substrate binding pocket. ..
- Al Solaiman Y, Jesri A, Zhao Y, Morrow J, Egan B. Low-Sodium DASH reduces oxidative stress and improves vascular function in salt-sensitive humans. J Hum Hypertens. 2009;23:826-35 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that LS-DASH decreases oxidative stress, improves vascular function and lowers blood pressure in SS but not SR volunteers. ..
- Hamrahian A, Oseni T, Arafah B. Measurements of serum free cortisol in critically ill patients. N Engl J Med. 2004;350:1629-38 pubmed..Measuring serum free cortisol concentrations in critically ill patients with hypoproteinemia may help prevent the unnecessary use of glucocorticoid therapy. ..
- Nappi J, Sieg A. Aldosterone and aldosterone receptor antagonists in patients with chronic heart failure. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2011;7:353-63 pubmed publisher..This review will address the pharmacologic basis of aldosterone receptor antagonists in patients with heart failure and the clinical impact of this therapy. ..
- Jain G, Campbell R, Warnock D. Mineralocorticoid receptor blockers and chronic kidney disease. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;4:1685-91 pubmed publisher..There is a clearly defined need for prospective outcome studies focused on cardiovascular mortality as well as progression of CKD in patients treated with MRBS and other inhibitors of the RAAS. ..
- Dembek K, Onasch K, Hurcombe S, Macgillivray K, Slovis N, Barr B, et al. Renin-Angiotensin-aldosterone system and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in hospitalized newborn foals. J Vet Intern Med. 2013;27:331-8 pubmed publisher..Inappropriately low cortisol and aldosterone concentrations defined as high ACTH/cortisol and ACTH/aldosterone ratios in septic foals suggest that RAI is not restricted to the zona fasciculata in critically ill newborn foals. ..
- Carlson H. Human adrenal cortex hyperfunction due to LH/hCG. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;269:46-50 pubmed..Additional investigations are needed to better define the role of the LH/hCG receptor in the normal adult and fetal human adrenal and to understand how this system is excessively activated in rare cases of human disease. ..
- Zhang D, Yu Z, Cruz P, Kong Q, Li S, Kone B. Epigenetics and the control of epithelial sodium channel expression in collecting duct. Kidney Int. 2009;75:260-7 pubmed publisher..The Dot1a-Af9 pathway may also be involved in the control of genes implicated in renal fibrosis and hypertension. ..
- Saadi H, Bravo E, Aron D. Feminizing adrenocortical tumor: steroid hormone response to ketoconazole. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1990;70:540-3 pubmed..Therefore, the usefulness of ketoconazole therapy for steroid hormone-producing neoplasms will depend upon the individual tumor's steroidogenic profile. ..
- Gomez Sanchez E, Ahmad N, Romero D, Gomez Sanchez C. Origin of aldosterone in the rat heart. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4796-802 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that the level of aldosterone content in the healthy rat heart in vivo is significantly lower than that reported elsewhere and reflects plasma levels in intact rats. ..
- White W, Hanes V, Chauhan V, Pitt B. Effects of a new hormone therapy, drospirenone and 17-beta-estradiol, in postmenopausal women with hypertension. Hypertension. 2006;48:246-53 pubmed..These characteristics may lead to a new benefit for this novel hormone therapy in postmenopausal women with hypertension. ..
- Oki K, Plonczynski M, Lam M, Gomez Sanchez E, Gomez Sanchez C. The potassium channel, Kir3.4 participates in angiotensin II-stimulated aldosterone production by a human adrenocortical cell line. Endocrinology. 2012;153:4328-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, A-II appears to stimulate aldosterone secretion by depolarizing the membrane acting in part through the regulation of the expression and activity of Kir3.4. ..
- Brandish P, Chen H, Szczerba P, Hershey J. Development of a simplified assay for determination of the antimineralocorticoid activity of compounds dosed in rats. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2008;57:155-60 pubmed publisher..This protocol used fewer animals than previously described methods and did not require preparative surgery, factors which contributed favorably to cost, experimental throughput and animal use. ..
- Romero D, Zhou M, Yanes L, Plonczynski M, Washington T, Gomez Sanchez C, et al. Regulators of G-protein signaling 4 in adrenal gland: localization, regulation, and role in aldosterone secretion. J Endocrinol. 2007;194:429-40 pubmed..Alterations in RGS4 expression levels or functions may be involved in deregulations of Ang II signaling and abnormal aldosterone secretion. ..
- Sturgis L, Cannon J, Schreihofer D, Brands M. The role of aldosterone in mediating the dependence of angiotensin hypertension on IL-6. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R1742-8 pubmed publisher..This suggests that aldosterone contributes to the increase in plasma IL-6 in the early stage of ANG II hypertension but that the blood pressure actions of IL-6 in that model are linked most likely to ANG II rather than aldosterone. ..
- Xing Y, Cohen A, Rothblat G, Sankaranarayanan S, Weibel G, Royer L, et al. Aldosterone production in human adrenocortical cells is stimulated by high-density lipoprotein 2 (HDL2) through increased expression of aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2). Endocrinology. 2011;152:751-63 pubmed publisher..Of the two subfractions of HDL, HDL2 was more potent than HDL3 in stimulating aldosterone and CYP11B2. Further studies are needed to identify the active components of HDL, which regulate aldosterone production...
- Deo R, Yang W, Khan A, Bansal N, Zhang X, Leonard M, et al. Serum aldosterone and death, end-stage renal disease, and cardiovascular events in blacks and whites: findings from the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort (CRIC) Study. Hypertension. 2014;64:103-10 pubmed publisher..Further studies should evaluate whether mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists may reduce adverse events in individuals with chronic kidney disease because elevated cortisol levels may activate the mineralocorticoid receptor. ..
- Kobuke K, Oki K, Gomez Sanchez C, Gomez Sanchez E, Ohno H, Itcho K, et al. Calneuron 1 Increased Ca2+ in the Endoplasmic Reticulum and Aldosterone Production in Aldosterone-Producing Adenoma. Hypertension. 2018;71:125-133 pubmed publisher..Suppression of CALN1 expression prevented angiotensin II- or KCNJ5 T158A-mediated aldosterone production in HAC15 cells, suggesting that CALN1 is a potential therapeutic target for excess aldosterone production. ..
- Verlander J, Kim Y, Shin W, Pham T, Hassell K, Beierwaltes W, et al. Dietary Cl(-) restriction upregulates pendrin expression within the apical plasma membrane of type B intercalated cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F833-9 pubmed
- Naray Fejes Toth A, Fejes Toth G. Expression cloning of the aldosterone target cell-specific 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase from rabbit collecting duct cells. Endocrinology. 1995;136:2579-86 pubmed..These data suggest that the 11 beta-OHSD cDNA from rabbit collecting duct cells encodes the enzyme that confers aldosterone selectivity to mineralocorticoid target cells. ..
- Kuppusamy M, Gomez Sanchez E, Beloate L, Plonczynski M, NARAY FEJES TOTH A, Fejes Toth G, et al. Interaction of the Mineralocorticoid Receptor With RACK1 and Its Role in Aldosterone Signaling. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2367-2375 pubmed publisher..The scaffolding protein RACK1 is associated with MR under basal and agonist-stimulated conditions and facilitates agonist-stimulated MR actions through PKC-?. These findings indicate that RACK1 is a newly described coactivator of MR. ..
- Teo A, Garg S, Johnson T, Zhao W, Zhou J, GOMEZ SANCHEZ C, et al. Physiological and Pathological Roles in Human Adrenal of the Glomeruli-Defining Matrix Protein NPNT (Nephronectin). Hypertension. 2017;69:1207-1216 pubmed publisher..We propose that this arises through NPNT's binding to cell-surface integrins, stimulating cell-cell contact within glomeruli, which define ZG. Therefore, NPNT or its cognate integrin could present a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Denault D, Fejes Toth G, Naray Fejes Toth A. Aldosterone regulation of sodium channel gamma-subunit mRNA in cortical collecting duct cells. Am J Physiol. 1996;271:C423-8 pubmed..These results indicate that Na+ channel gamma-subunit mRNA levels are increased by aldosterone and that this increase is likely to be responsible, at least in part, for the aldosterone-induced Na+ current in the kidney...
- Naray Fejes Toth A, Canessa C, Cleaveland E, Aldrich G, Fejes Toth G. sgk is an aldosterone-induced kinase in the renal collecting duct. Effects on epithelial na+ channels. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16973-8 pubmed..These results suggest that sgk is an immediate early aldosterone-induced gene, and this protein kinase plays an important role in the early phase of aldosterone-stimulated Na+ transport. ..
- Kessler S, Hashimoto S, Senanayake P, Gaughan C, Sen G, Schnermann J. Nephron function in transgenic mice with selective vascular or tubular expression of Angiotensin-converting enzyme. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:3535-42 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that vascular expression of sACE can largely but not completely restore TGF regulation of GFR. Proximal fluid reabsorption in the chronic absence of proximal tubule ACE is normal. ..
- Labinson P, White W, Tendler B, Mansoor G. Primary hyperaldosteronism associated with hypertensive emergencies. Am J Hypertens. 2006;19:623-7 pubmed..The differential diagnosis of hypertensive emergencies should include primary hyperaldosteronism...
- Wang T, Satoh F, Morimoto R, Nakamura Y, Sasano H, Auchus R, et al. Gene expression profiles in aldosterone-producing adenomas and adjacent adrenal glands. Eur J Endocrinol. 2011;164:613-9 pubmed publisher..Objective This study was designed to compare the transcript profiles between aldosterone-producing adenoma (APA) and their adjacent adrenal gland (AAG) from the same adrenal...
- Kazory A, Weiner I. Primary hyperaldosteronism in a patient with end-stage renal disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007;22:917-9 pubmed
- Qin H, Frohman M, Bollag W. Phospholipase D2 mediates acute aldosterone secretion in response to angiotensin II in adrenal glomerulosa cells. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2162-70 pubmed publisher..In both cases, the lipase-inactive PLD mutants showed essentially no effect on PLD activity or aldosterone secretion. Our results suggest that PLD2 is the isoform that mediates aldosterone secretion and likely priming. ..
- Stranahan A, Arumugam T, Lee K, Mattson M. Mineralocorticoid receptor activation restores medial perforant path LTP in diabetic rats. Synapse. 2010;64:528-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest additional mechanisms for diabetes-induced functional alterations and support a restorative role for dentate gyrus mineralocorticoid receptors. ..
- Romero D, Yanes L, de Rodriguez A, Plonczynski M, Welsh B, Reckelhoff J, et al. Disabled-2 is expressed in adrenal zona glomerulosa and is involved in aldosterone secretion. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2644-52 pubmed..Dab2 may therefore be a modulator of aldosterone secretion and be involved in mineralocorticoid secretion abnormalities...
- Stow L, Gumz M, Lynch I, Greenlee M, Rudin A, Cain B, et al. Aldosterone modulates steroid receptor binding to the endothelin-1 gene (edn1). J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30087-96 pubmed publisher..Direct interaction between aldosterone and ET-1 has important implications for renal and cardiovascular function. ..
- Gumz M, Stow L, Lynch I, Greenlee M, Rudin A, Cain B, et al. The circadian clock protein Period 1 regulates expression of the renal epithelial sodium channel in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2423-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for Period 1 in the regulation of the renal epithelial sodium channel and more broadly implicate the circadian clock in control of sodium balance. ..
- Nogueira E, Xing Y, Morris C, Rainey W. Role of angiotensin II-induced rapid response genes in the regulation of enzymes needed for aldosterone synthesis. J Mol Endocrinol. 2009;42:319-30 pubmed publisher..Ang II induction of the NGFI-B family members represents an important pathway to increase the capacity of adrenal cells to produce aldosterone. ..
- Romero D, Plonczynski M, Welsh B, Gomez Sanchez C, Zhou M, Gomez Sanchez E. Gene expression profile in rat adrenal zona glomerulosa cells stimulated with aldosterone secretagogues. Physiol Genomics. 2007;32:117-27 pubmed..Increasing our knowledge of adrenal physiology and gene regulation in nontransformed cell systems could lead us to a better approach for the discovery of candidate genes involved in pathological conditions of the adrenal cortex...
- Rozansky D, Cornwall T, Subramanya A, Rogers S, Yang Y, David L, et al. Aldosterone mediates activation of the thiazide-sensitive Na-Cl cotransporter through an SGK1 and WNK4 signaling pathway. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2601-12 pubmed publisher..These data thus delineate what we believe to be a novel mechanism for aldosterone activation of NCC through SGK1 signaling of WNK4 kinase. ..
- Kosugi T, Heinig M, Nakayama T, Matsuo S, Nakagawa T. eNOS knockout mice with advanced diabetic nephropathy have less benefit from renin-angiotensin blockade than from aldosterone receptor antagonists. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:619-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, an impaired endothelial NO response could lessen the benefit of RAS inhibition in diabetic renal disease. Aldosterone blockade may provide superior protection in this setting. ..
- Romero D, Gomez Sanchez E, Gomez Sanchez C. Angiotensin II-regulated transcription regulatory genes in adrenal steroidogenesis. Physiol Genomics. 2010;42A:259-66 pubmed publisher..These transcription regulatory genes may be involved in adrenal steroidogenesis pathologies; thus they merit additional study as potential candidates for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ye P, Mariniello B, Mantero F, Shibata H, Rainey W. G-protein-coupled receptors in aldosterone-producing adenomas: a potential cause of hyperaldosteronism. J Endocrinol. 2007;195:39-48 pubmed..There are also sporadic increased expressions of these genes in the CPAs. Together, these findings suggest a potential role of altered GPCR expression in many cases of PA and provide candidate GPCR for further study...
- Keller Wood M, Wood C. Pregnancy alters cortisol feedback inhibition of stimulated ACTH: studies in adrenalectomized ewes. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;280:R1790-8 pubmed..Pregnancy appears to decrease the effectiveness of low concentrations of cortisol to inhibit ACTH responses to hypotension...
- Saner Amigh K, Mayhew B, Mantero F, Schiavi F, White P, Rao C, et al. Elevated expression of luteinizing hormone receptor in aldosterone-producing adenomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:1136-42 pubmed..LH receptor expression is elevated in many APAs, which makes LH a potential cause of the excessive production of aldosterone in a subset of these adrenal tumors. ..
- Liu S, Xie Z, Daugherty A, Cassis L, Pearson K, Gong M, et al. Mineralocorticoid receptor agonists induce mouse aortic aneurysm formation and rupture in the presence of high salt. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1568-79 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists may be effective in the treatment of some aortic aneurysms. ..
- Curry T, Somaraju M, Hines C, Groenewald C, Miles J, Joyner M, et al. Sympathetic support of energy expenditure and sympathetic nervous system activity after gastric bypass surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21:480-5 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies are needed to further explore the changes in sympathetic support of REE and if changes in MSNA or tissue responsiveness are related to the sympathetic support of REE. ..
- Enyeart J, Danthi S, Enyeart J. TREK-1 K+ channels couple angiotensin II receptors to membrane depolarization and aldosterone secretion in bovine adrenal glomerulosa cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E1154-65 pubmed..Overall, these results identify bTREK-1 K(+) channels as a pivotal control point where ANG II receptor activation is transduced to depolarization-dependent Ca(2+) entry and aldosterone secretion. ..
- Olala L, Seremwe M, Tsai Y, Bollag W. A role for phospholipase D in angiotensin II-induced protein kinase D activation in adrenal glomerulosa cell models. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;366:31-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PKD is downstream of PLD and suggest that PKD is one of the mechanisms through which PLD promotes aldosterone production in response to AngII in adrenal glomerulosa cells. ..
- Monticone S, Hattangady N, Nishimoto K, Mantero F, Rubin B, Cicala M, et al. Effect of KCNJ5 mutations on gene expression in aldosterone-producing adenomas and adrenocortical cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1567-72 pubmed publisher..KCNJ5 mutations are prevalent in APA, and our data suggest that these mutations increase expression of CYP11B2 and NR4A2, thus increasing aldosterone production. ..
- Wang W, Shen J, Cui Y, Jiang J, Chen S, Peng J, et al. Impaired sodium excretion and salt-sensitive hypertension in corin-deficient mice. Kidney Int. 2012;82:26-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the lack of corin in mice impairs their adaptive renal response to high dietary salt, suggesting that corin deficiency may represent an important mechanism underlying salt-sensitive hypertension. ..
- Macarthur C, DeGagne J, Kempton J, Trune D. Steroid control of acute middle ear inflammation in a mouse model. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:453-7 pubmed publisher..Glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids have differential effects on inflammation and fluid absorption, but little is known of their control of middle and inner ear manifestations of acute otitis media...
- Zhu H, Chao J, Guo D, Li K, Huang Y, Hawkins K, et al. Urinary prostasin: a possible biomarker for renal pressure natriuresis in black adolescents. Pediatr Res. 2009;65:443-6 pubmed publisher..43, p = 0.0001), even after being normalized by urinary creatinine. Our data suggest that urinary prostasin could be a novel biomarker and/or mechanism for renal pressure natriuresis in normotensive black adolescents. ..
- Gomez Sanchez E. Central mineralocorticoid receptors and cardiovascular disease. Neuroendocrinology. 2009;90:245-50 pubmed publisher..MR that pertain to the central modulation of cardiovascular function and health are addressed herein. ..
- Fejes Toth G, NARAY FEJES TOTH A. Early aldosterone-regulated genes in cardiomyocytes: clues to cardiac remodeling?. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1502-10 pubmed
- Turner S, Schwartz G, Chapman A, Boerwinkle E. C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta(3)-subunit and antihypertensive response to a thiazide diuretic. Hypertension. 2001;37:739-43 pubmed..Thus, the C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta(3)-subunit may help identify patients with essential hypertension who are more responsive to diuretic therapy. ..
- David V, Martin A, Hedge A, Rowe P. Matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein (MEPE) is a new bone renal hormone and vascularization modulator. Endocrinology. 2009;150:4012-23 pubmed publisher..This novel pathway also modulates bone-renal vascularization and bone turnover. ..
- Lee J, Marcus D. Nongenomic effects of corticosteroids on ion transport by stria vascularis. Audiol Neurootol. 2002;7:100-6 pubmed
- Ullian M, Gantt B, Ford A, Tholanikunnel B, Spicer E, Fitzgibbon W. Potential importance of glomerular citrate synthase activity in remnant nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2003;63:156-64 pubmed
- Richards J, Cheng K, All S, Skopis G, Jeffers L, Lynch I, et al. A role for the circadian clock protein Per1 in the regulation of aldosterone levels and renal Na+ retention. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F1697-704 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that Per1 regulates aldosterone levels and that Per1 plays an integral role in the regulation of Na(+) retention. ..
- Laverty G, Bjarnadottir S, Elbrønd V, Arnason S. Aldosterone suppresses expression of an avian colonic sodium-glucose cotransporter. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R1041-50 pubmed..Resalination either through decreased aldosterone or other factors may be able to activate SGLT activity independently of increases in protein expression...
- Miller A, Srivastava P. Angiotensin receptor blockers and aldosterone antagonists in chronic heart failure. Cardiol Clin. 2001;19:195-202, v pubmed..Aldosterone antagonists have been used in clinical trials to improve mortality in patients with chronic heart failure...
- Wang C, Chao J, Chao L. Adenovirus-mediated human prostasin gene delivery is linked to increased aldosterone production and hypertension in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;284:R1031-6 pubmed..In summary, these results suggest that prostasin participates in blood pressure and electrolyte homeostasis by regulating the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone and kallikrein-kinin systems. ..
- Laverty G, Elbrønd V, Arnason S, Skadhauge E. Endocrine regulation of ion transport in the avian lower intestine. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2006;147:70-7 pubmed..Recent findings suggesting effects of other hormones on lower intestinal transport are also presented...
- Kenefick R, Maresh C, Armstrong L, Castellani J, Riebe D, Echegaray M, et al. Plasma vasopressin and aldosterone responses to oral and intravenous saline rehydration. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;89:2117-22 pubmed..9 vs. 0.45%) was not different given the degree of Dh (-4.5% body wt) and Rh and amount of time after Rh (55 min)...
- Zhang D, Li S, Cruz P, Kone B. Sirtuin 1 functionally and physically interacts with disruptor of telomeric silencing-1 to regulate alpha-ENaC transcription in collecting duct. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20917-26 pubmed publisher..These data identify Sirt1 as a novel modulator of alpha-ENaC, Dot1, and the aldosterone signaling pathway. ..
- Subramanya A, Yang C, McCormick J, Ellison D. WNK kinases regulate sodium chloride and potassium transport by the aldosterone-sensitive distal nephron. Kidney Int. 2006;70:630-4 pubmed
- Ye P, Nakamura Y, Lalli E, Rainey W. Differential effects of high and low steroidogenic factor-1 expression on CYP11B2 expression and aldosterone production in adrenocortical cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:1303-9 pubmed publisher..The opposing effects of SF-1 on CYP11B1 and CYP11B2 suggest that the regulation of SF-1 activity may play a role that determines the relative ability to produce mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid. ..
- Romero D, Plonczynski M, Carvajal C, Gomez Sanchez E, Gomez Sanchez C. Microribonucleic acid-21 increases aldosterone secretion and proliferation in H295R human adrenocortical cells. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2477-83 pubmed publisher..Alterations in miRNA-21 expression levels or function may be involved in dysregulation of angiotensin II signaling and abnormal aldosterone secretion by adrenal glands in humans. ..