Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Sweden
Publications847 found, 100 shown here
- Bengtsson M, Ohlsson B, Ulander K. Development and psychometric testing of the Visual Analogue Scale for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (VAS-IBS). BMC Gastroenterol. 2007;7:16 pubmed..The Visual Analogue Scale for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (VAS-IBS) questionnaire was designed to measure the treatment response of symptoms and well-being in patients suffering from IBS...
- Björck L, Rosengren A, Bennett K, Lappas G, Capewell S. Modelling the decreasing coronary heart disease mortality in Sweden between 1986 and 2002. Eur Heart J. 2009;30:1046-56 pubmed publisher..These findings emphasize the value of a comprehensive strategy that promotes primary prevention and evidence-based medical treatments, especially secondary prevention. ..
- Zotova E, Lyrenäs L, de Faire U, Morgenstern R, Gigante B, Bennet A. The myeloperoxidase gene and its influence on myocardial infarction in a Swedish population: protective role of the -129A allele in women. Coron Artery Dis. 2009;20:322-6 pubmed publisher..32-0.81) (P = 0.004), respectively. For the -463G/A polymorphism, no associations to MI risk were observed either in women or in men. The A allele of the MPO -129G/A promoter polymorphism is associated with a reduced MI risk in women. ..
- Zetterqvist L, Feldman S, Rotter B, Vincenzi G, Wennström J, Chierico A, et al. A prospective, multicenter, randomized-controlled 5-year study of hybrid and fully etched implants for the incidence of peri-implantitis. J Periodontol. 2010;81:493-501 pubmed publisher..Five-year results of this randomized-controlled study showed no increased risk of peri-implantitis for fully etched implants compared to hybrid-designed implants. ..
- Felbecker A, Camu W, Valdmanis P, Sperfeld A, Waibel S, Steinbach P, et al. Four familial ALS pedigrees discordant for two SOD1 mutations: are all SOD1 mutations pathogenic?. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2010;81:572-7 pubmed publisher..Some SOD1 mutations may be part of an oligo- or epigentic pattern of inheritance. Such a pattern of inheritance may model other oligo- or polygenetic traits responsible for other forms of ALS. ..
- Holm J, Hakanson E, Vanky F, Svedjeholm R. Mixed venous oxygen saturation predicts short- and long-term outcome after coronary artery bypass grafting surgery: a retrospective cohort analysis. Br J Anaesth. 2011;107:344-50 pubmed publisher..1%. Sv(O2) <60% on admission to ICU was related to worse short- and long-term outcome after CABG, regardless of whether the patients were admitted to ICU with or without treatment for intraoperative heart failure. ..
- Olsson S, Holmegaard L, Jood K, Sjögren M, Engstrom G, Lövkvist H, et al. Genetic variation within the interleukin-1 gene cluster and ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2012;43:2278-82 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive study, based on a tagSNP approach and replication, presents support for the role of IL1RN in overall IS. ..
- Sonesson A, Bartosik J, Christiansen J, Roscher I, Nilsson F, Schmidtchen A, et al. Sensitization to skin-associated microorganisms in adult patients with atopic dermatitis is of importance for disease severity. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013;93:340-5 pubmed publisher..Skin-associated microorganisms are exogenous factors triggering IgE-response and severity of AD. These findings are clinically important, and sensitization to these organisms should be assessed and considered in treatment strategies. ..
- Ohlsson Nevo E, Karlsson J, Nilsson U. Effects of a psycho-educational programme on health-related quality of life in patients treated for colorectal and anal cancer: A feasibility trial. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2016;21:181-8 pubmed publisher..The article discusses the methodological difficulties of evaluating an intervention such as this PEP in a clinical setting. ..
- Lindqvist D, Prokopenko I, Londos E, Middleton L, Hansson O. Associations between TOMM40 Poly-T Repeat Variants and Dementia in Cases with Parkinsonism. J Parkinsons Dis. 2016;6:99-108 pubmed publisher..Our results do not support the notion that TOMM40 poly-T repeat variants have independent effects on PDD and DLB pathology. This relationship seems to be driven by APOE-É›4. ..
- BÃ¶hm M, Robertson M, Borer J, Ford I, Komajda M, Mahfoud F, et al. Effect of Visit-to-Visit Variation of Heart Rate and Systolic Blood Pressure on Outcomes in Chronic Systolic Heart Failure: Results From the Systolic Heart Failure Treatment With the If Inhibitor Ivabradine Trial (SHIFT) Trial. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Beyond HR reduction, ivabradine increases HR-CV. Low visit-to-visit variation of HR and SBP might signal risk of cardiovascular outcomes in systolic HF. URL: http://www.isrctn.com/. Unique identifier: ISRCTN70429960. ..
- Wickelgren R, Landin K, Ohlsson C, Carlsson L. Expression of exon 3-retaining and exon 3-excluding isoforms of the human growth hormone-receptor is regulated in an interindividual, rather than a tissue-specific, manner. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995;80:2154-7 pubmed..Instead, the expression of the GHR isoforms appears to be specific for each individual, suggesting that it is under the control of factors that affect all tissues in the body. ..
- Julander I, Martin C, Lappalainen M, Guy E, Isberg B, Evengard B. Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of cerebral toxoplasmosis in cerebrospinal fluid in HIV-positive patients. Scand J Infect Dis. 2001;33:538-41 pubmed..This small study confirms earlier data indicating that the PCR test has a low sensitivity but a high specificity. ..
- Andersson K. Alpha-adrenoceptors and benign prostatic hyperplasia: basic principles for treatment with alpha-adrenoceptor antagonists. World J Urol. 2002;19:390-6 pubmed..Despite the above uncertainties, there seems to be a consensus that clinically available alpha1-AR antagonists provide a safe, effective and generally well-tolerated therapy for patients with LUTS. ..
- Eriksen H, Guerin P, Nygard K, Hjertqvist M, de Jong B, Rose A, et al. Gastro-enteritis outbreak among Nordic patients with psoriasis in a health centre in Gran Canaria, Spain: a cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2004;4:45 pubmed..Control measures were successfully implemented; food buffets were banned, strict hygiene measures were implemented and sick personnel stayed at home >48 hours after last symptoms. ..
- Iwarsson S, Nygren C, Slaug B. Cross-national and multi-professional inter-rater reliability of the Housing Enabler. Scand J Occup Ther. 2005;12:29-39 pubmed..However, the moderate agreement levels pinpoint the importance of rater training. ..
- Petersson K, Pamenius M, Eliasson A, Narby B, Holender F, Palmqvist S, et al. 20-year follow-up of patients receiving high-cost dental care within the Swedish Dental Insurance System: 1977-1978 to 1998-2000. Swed Dent J. 2006;30:77-86 pubmed..Thus it seems that tooth extraction not seldom was a treatment choice for teeth with severe periodontitis and apical periodontitis among the patients examined clinically in this study. ..
- Andersson G, Danielson P, Alfredson H, Forsgren S. Presence of substance P and the neurokinin-1 receptor in tenocytes of the human Achilles tendon. Regul Pept. 2008;150:81-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it appears as if SPergic autocrine/paracrine effects occur in tendon tissue during the processes of tendinosis, hitherto unknown effects for human tendons. ..
- Leijon M, Bendtsen P, Nilsen P, Ekberg K, Stahle A. Physical activity referrals in Swedish primary health care - prescriber and patient characteristics, reasons for prescriptions, and prescribed activities. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008;8:201 pubmed publisher..PAR-related statistics, including PAR-rates by individual PHC centres and PAR- rates per health professional category, show differences in prescribing activities, both by patient categories, and by prescribing professionals. ..
- Bunketorp O, Elisson L. Cervical status after neck sprains in frontal and rear-end car impacts. Injury. 2012;43:423-30 pubmed publisher..Combined injury mechanisms should be considered, and further studies are recommended to investigate asymmetric loading during impact. ..
- Osterberg L, Levan K, Partheen K, Helou K, Horvath G. Cytogenetic analysis of carboplatin resistance in early-stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005;163:144-50 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate biologic observations of clinical drug resistance and specifically reveal chromosomal regions of interest for platinum resistance. ..
- Vik K, Lilja M, NygÃ¥rd L. The influence of the environment on participation subsequent to rehabilitation as experienced by elderly people in Norway. Scand J Occup Ther. 2007;14:86-95 pubmed..The findings suggest that occupational therapists must consider themselves to be part of a societal environment that can hinder participation. ..
- Edvardsson D. Therapeutic environments for older adults: constituents and meanings. J Gerontol Nurs. 2008;34:32-40 pubmed
- Grimsholm O, Rantapaa Dahlqvist S, Dalén T, Forsgren S. Unexpected finding of a marked non-neuronal cholinergic system in human knee joint synovial tissue. Neurosci Lett. 2008;442:128-33 pubmed publisher..Our observations show that synovial tissue of patients with marked RA or OA, a tissue in which cholinergic innervation is not proven to exist, is supplied with acetylcholine via production in non-neuronal cells within the tissue. ..
- Hellquist A, Järvinen T, Koskenmies S, Zucchelli M, Orsmark Pietras C, Berglind L, et al. Evidence for genetic association and interaction between the TYK2 and IRF5 genes in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:1631-8 pubmed publisher..The IFN pathway genes IRF5 and TYK2 may act epistatically in increasing risk for SLE, but our lack of replication does not exclude effects of the other genes studied. ..
- Zackrisson B, Nilsson P, Kjellen E, Johansson K, Modig H, Brun E, et al. Two-year results from a Swedish study on conventional versus accelerated radiotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma--the ARTSCAN study. Radiother Oncol. 2011;100:41-8 pubmed publisher..Overall the AF regimen did not prove to be more efficacious than CF. However, the trend towards improved results in AF for oral cancers needs to be further investigated. ..
- Wåhlin C, Ekberg K, Persson J, Bernfort L, Oberg B. Association between clinical and work-related interventions and return-to-work for patients with musculoskeletal or mental disorders. J Rehabil Med. 2012;44:355-62 pubmed publisher..Better health, positive expectations of return-to-work and better work ability were associated with return-to-work for patients with musculoskeletal disorders. ..
- Tofighi R, Barde S, Palkovits M, Höög A, Hokfelt T, Ceccatelli S, et al. Galanin and its three receptors in human pituitary adenoma. Neuropeptides. 2012;46:195-201 pubmed publisher..The association of GalR3 with tumor relapse suggests that antagonists to this receptor represent a potential therapeutic approach to treatment of pituitary tumors. ..
- Franceschi F, Franceschetti E, Torre G, Papalia R, Samuelsson K, Karlsson J, et al. Tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis using an intramedullary nail: a systematic review. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:1316-25 pubmed publisher..Low complication rates contribute to make this a safe procedure. No comparison can be done between arthroscopic and open technique, due to the lack of scientific works on the first one. IV. ..
- Norder H, Karlsson M, Mellgren Ã, Konar J, Sandberg E, Lasson A, et al. Diagnostic Performance of Five Assays for Anti-Hepatitis E Virus IgG and IgM in a Large Cohort Study. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:549-55 pubmed publisher..Because several HEV-RNA-positive samples had only anti-HEV IgG without anti-HEV IgM or lacked anti-HEV antibodies, analysis for HEV RNA may be warranted as a complement in the laboratory diagnosis of ongoing HEV infection. ..
- Dahlof B, Gosse P, Gueret P, Dubourg O, de Simone G, Schmieder R, et al. Perindopril/indapamide combination more effective than enalapril in reducing blood pressure and left ventricular mass: the PICXEL study. J Hypertens. 2005;23:2063-70 pubmed
- Sharp L, Finnila K, Johansson H, Abrahamsson M, Hatschek T, Bergenmar M. No differences between Calendula cream and aqueous cream in the prevention of acute radiation skin reactions--results from a randomised blinded trial. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2013;17:429-35 pubmed publisher..ARSR seem to be a relatively limited problem, probably more influenced by treatment related factors than by choice of skin care products in this patient group. ..
- Frohm M, Gunne H, Bergman A, Agerberth B, Bergman T, Boman A, et al. Biochemical and antibacterial analysis of human wound and blister fluid. Eur J Biochem. 1996;237:86-92 pubmed..It is concluded that analysis of wound fluid yields peptide and activity patterns with novel fragments of important peptides, and quantitative differences, that can be useful to understand molecular mechanisms of wound healing further. ..
- Marcusson J. Contact allergies to nickel sulfate, gold sodium thiosulfate and palladium chloride in patients claiming side-effects from dental alloy components. Contact Dermatitis. 1996;34:320-3 pubmed..The findings suggest that the dental patient group represents a subgroup with a high frequency of metal allergy...
- Berntorp E, Berntorp K, Brorson H, Frick K. Liposuction in Dercum's disease: impact on haemostatic factors associated with cardiovascular disease and insulin sensitivity. J Intern Med. 1998;243:197-201 pubmed
- Hellström Lindahl E, Mousavi M, Zhang X, Ravid R, Nordberg A. Regional distribution of nicotinic receptor subunit mRNAs in human brain: comparison between Alzheimer and normal brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;66:94-103 pubmed..The increased mRNA level of alpha7 previously found in lymphocytes, and now also in the hippocampus of AD patients, indicate that subunit specific changes in gene expression of nAChRs is associated with AD. ..
- Wang Y, Zhou R, Liliemark J, Gruber A, Lindemalm S, Albertioni F, et al. In vitro topo II--DNA complex accumulation and cytotoxicity of etoposide in leukaemic cells from patients with acute myelogenous and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Leuk Res. 2001;25:133-40 pubmed..However, the induced DNA damage did not translate to in vitro cytotoxicity, suggesting that other factors, such as DNA repair and apoptosis functions, also play important roles to determine the etoposide sensitivity. ..
- Sjogren M, Hesse C, Basun H, Kol G, Thostrup H, Kilander L, et al. Tacrine and rate of progression in Alzheimer's disease--relation to ApoE allele genotype. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2001;108:451-8 pubmed..The results primarily suggest a faster rate of decline in the ApoE4 AD compared to the ApoE2-3, but may also reflect that ApoE epsilon4 genotype inheritance is a negative predictor of treatment effect of tacrine in AD patients. ..
- Lonn S, Ahlbom A, Hall P, Feychting M. Mobile phone use and the risk of acoustic neuroma. Epidemiology. 2004;15:653-9 pubmed..Radiofrequency exposure from mobile phones is concentrated to the tissue closest to the handset, which includes the auditory nerve. If this type of exposure increases tumor risk, acoustic neuroma would be a potential concern...
- Thorselius M, Walsh S, Thunberg U, Hagberg H, Sundstrom C, Rosenquist R. Heterogeneous somatic hypermutation status confounds the cell of origin in hairy cell leukemia. Leuk Res. 2005;29:153-8 pubmed..Furthermore, restricted VH3-30 usage indicates that antigen selection could be a promoting factor in HCL development. ..
- Persson E, Carlsson M, Palmer J, Pahlm O, Arheden H. Evaluation of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction by automated gated myocardial SPECT versus cardiovascular magnetic resonance. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2005;25:135-41 pubmed..This underestimation is systematic, however, indicating that ventricular volumes derived from gated SPECT are robust enough to guide clinical management. Estimates of LVWV in patients with large wall volumes are less accurate. ..
- Berggren U, Fahlke C, Aronsson E, Karanti A, Eriksson M, Blennow K, et al. The taqI DRD2 A1 allele is associated with alcohol-dependence although its effect size is small. Alcohol Alcohol. 2006;41:479-85 pubmed..34. Consequently, the findings in this study lend further support to the notion of an association between the DRD2 A1 allele and alcohol-dependence, although the effect size of the DRD2 A1 allele is small. ..
- Orsini N, Rashidkhani B, Andersson S, Karlberg L, Johansson J, Wolk A. Long-term physical activity and lower urinary tract symptoms in men. J Urol. 2006;176:2546-50; discussion 2550 pubmed..90, 95% CI 1.41 to 2.59). Our results suggest that physical activity in young and late adulthood may be associated with a lower risk of moderate and severe lower urinary tract symptoms. ..
- Sandberg C, Halldin C, Ericson M, Larko O, Krogstad A, Wennberg A. Bioavailability of aminolaevulinic acid and methylaminolaevulinate in basal cell carcinomas: a perfusion study using microdialysis in vivo. Br J Dermatol. 2008;159:1170-6 pubmed publisher..9 mm in the lesion. Curettage was not found to affect the interstitial concentration, indicating that penetration of drug indeed might be a problem when treating BCCs thicker than 1 mm. ..
- Eriksson B, Kakkar A, Turpie A, Gent M, Bandel T, Homering M, et al. Oral rivaroxaban for the prevention of symptomatic venous thromboembolism after elective hip and knee replacement. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009;91:636-44 pubmed publisher..2%). Rivaroxaban started six to eight hours after surgery was more effective than enoxaparin started the previous evening in preventing symptomatic venous thromboembolism and all-cause mortality, without increasing major bleeding. ..
- Gheorghe K, Korotkova M, Catrina A, Backman L, af Klint E, Claesson H, et al. Expression of 5-lipoxygenase and 15-lipoxygenase in rheumatoid arthritis synovium and effects of intraarticular glucocorticoids. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R83 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that local therapy with GC decreases 5-LO expression in RA synovium and offer an additional possible mechanism for the efficiency of intraarticular adjuvant therapy in RA. ..
- Eeg Olofsson K, Cederholm J, Nilsson P, Zethelius B, Svensson A, Gudbjornsdottir S, et al. New aspects of HbA1c as a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases in type 2 diabetes: an observational study from the Swedish National Diabetes Register (NDR). J Intern Med. 2010;268:471-82 pubmed publisher..Patients achieving HbA1c <7% showed benefits for risk reduction. ..
- Lindberg C, Sivberg B, Willman A, FagerstrÃ¶m C. A trajectory towards partnership in care--Patient experiences of autonomy in intensive care: A qualitative study. Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2015;31:294-302 pubmed publisher..Greater awareness is required about the ICU patient not only being a passive care recipient but also an active agent and where involvement in decision-making and participation in care are crucial. ..
- Blomberg H, Stier J. Metaphorical expressions used in Swedish news media narratives to portray the shortage of nurses and their working conditions. J Adv Nurs. 2016;72:382-95 pubmed publisher..This study analyses the role of the media in emphasizing the seriousness or obscurity of the problem and possible solutions to it. Alternative narratives are needed to re-frame the nursing shortage and to find sustainable solutions. ..
- TÃ¶rnqvist P, Resch T, GottsÃ¤ter A, Malina M, Wassélius J. Postoperative CT Evaluation After EVAR: A Comparison of Image Assessment. J Endovasc Ther. 2016;23:125-9 pubmed publisher..However, the frequency of clinically significant findings or findings that might warrant reintervention was low in this study. ..
- Blaha J, Barteczko Grajek B, Berezowicz P, Charvat J, Chvojka J, Grau T, et al. Space GlucoseControl system for blood glucose control in intensive care patients--a European multicentre observational study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2016;16:8 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01523665. ..
- Andersson H, Ullgren A, Holmberg M, Karlsson T, Herlitz J, Wireklint Sundström B. Acute coronary syndrome in relation to the occurrence of associated symptoms: A quantitative study in prehospital emergency care. Int Emerg Nurs. 2017;33:43-47 pubmed publisher..This means that dyspnoea, nausea and/or vomiting should influence the ANs' assessment and that special education in cardiovascular nursing is required. ..
- Papapanou P, Sellen A, Wennstrom J, Dahlen G. An analysis of the subgingival microflora in randomly selected subjects. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 1993;8:24-9 pubmed..Similarly small differences in the clinical parameters were revealed when the subjects were grouped according to proportions of disease-associated and health-associated species in their subgingival samples...
- Sand L, Jalouli J, Larsson P, Hirsch J. Prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus in oral squamous cell carcinoma, oral lichen planus, and normal oral mucosa. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2002;93:586-92 pubmed..Smoking, alcohol use, or age does not seem to be a risk factor for EBV infection. The etiologic role of EBV in OSCC and OLP needs to be examined in a prospective follow-up study. ..
- Franklin J, Ingvarsson T, Englund M, Lohmander L. Sex differences in the association between body mass index and total hip or knee joint replacement resulting from osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:536-40 pubmed publisher..To examine the association between body mass index (BMI) and osteoarthritis (OA) leading to total hip (THR) or knee (TKR) joint replacement...
- Norenstedt S, Ekbom A, Brandt L, Zedenius J, Nilsson I. Postoperative mortality in parathyroid surgery in Sweden during five decades: improved outcome despite older patients. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009;160:295-9 pubmed publisher..Our question was whether the risk of postoperative death has been affected by the increased proportion of elderly patients referred for parathyroid surgery...
- Hugosson J, Carlsson S, Aus G, Bergdahl S, Khatami A, Lodding P, et al. Mortality results from the Göteborg randomised population-based prostate-cancer screening trial. Lancet Oncol. 2010;11:725-32 pubmed publisher..The benefit of prostate-cancer screening compares favourably to other cancer screening programs. The Swedish Cancer Society, the Swedish Research Council, and the National Cancer Institute. ..
- Carlzon D, Svensson J, Petzold M, Karlsson M, Ljunggren Ã, Haghsheno M, et al. Insulin-like growth factor I and risk of incident cancer in elderly men - results from MrOS (Osteoporotic Fractures in Men) in Sweden. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2016;84:764-70 pubmed publisher..Future studies are warranted to further investigate this nonlinear association, including whether IGF-I concentration is a reproducible, and useful, risk marker of nonprostate cancer. ..
- Stierner U, Augustsson A, Rosdahl I, Kagedal B, Suurkula M. UVB-induced melanocyte proliferation and 5-S-cysteinyldopa excretion in dysplastic nevus syndrome. Photodermatol. 1988;5:218-23 pubmed..We were not able to document any abnormal melanocytic UV response in DNS patients before, during or after the irradiation...
- Cederbrant K, Hultman P, Marcusson J, Tibbling L. In vitro lymphocyte proliferation as compared to patch test using gold, palladium and nickel. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1997;112:212-7 pubmed..Sensitivity and specificity of the two assays were calculated using a patch test as a reference method...
- Virtanen M, Gedde Dahl T, Mork N, Leigh I, Bowden P, Vahlquist A. Phenotypic/genotypic correlations in patients with epidermolytic hyperkeratosis and the effects of retinoid therapy on keratin expression. Acta Derm Venereol. 2001;81:163-70 pubmed
- Edström Elder E, Nord B, Carling T, Juhlin C, Bäckdahl M, Höög A, et al. Loss of heterozygosity on the short arm of chromosome 1 in pheochromocytoma and abdominal paraganglioma. World J Surg. 2002;26:965-71 pubmed..Further studies of these regions and of LARas a candidate gene would be valuable. ..
- Franco C, Johannsson G, Bengtsson B, Svensson J. Baseline characteristics and effects of growth hormone therapy over two years in younger and elderly adults with adult onset GH deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:4408-14 pubmed..GH replacement should therefore be considered in elderly GHD adults. ..
- Berg A, Korsgren O, Frisk G. Induction of the chemokine interferon-gamma-inducible protein-10 in human pancreatic islets during enterovirus infection. Diabetologia. 2006;49:2697-703 pubmed..Our findings support the idea that enterovirus infection triggers immune-mediated beta cell destruction, and for the first time suggest a possible mechanism behind enterovirus-induced diabetes. ..
- Hägg M, Anniko M. Lip muscle training in stroke patients with dysphagia. Acta Otolaryngol. 2008;128:1027-33 pubmed publisher..The facial paresis was improved or at least ameliorated in all patients after the lip training period. ..
- Johnson J, Van As Brooks C, Fagerberg Mohlin B, Finizia C. Trismus in head and neck cancer patients in Sweden: incidence and risk factors. Med Sci Monit. 2010;16:CR278-82 pubmed..The aim was to retrospectively investigate trismus (reduced mandible mobility) development in specified head and neck (H&N) cancer diagnosis according to different radiotherapy dosage regimens...
- Vaidya A, Shakya S, Krettek A. Obesity prevalence in Nepal: public health challenges in a low-income nation during an alarming worldwide trend. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2010;7:2726-44 pubmed publisher..This article highlights obesity prevalence in Nepal, delineates the challenges identified by our pilot study (including low health literacy rates), and suggests strategies to overcome this trend. ..
- Sjölander M, Eriksson M, Glader E. Few sex differences in the use of drugs for secondary prevention after stroke: a nationwide observational study. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2012;21:911-9 pubmed publisher..Patients' use of secondary preventive drugs needs to be improved, and from a public health perspective, poor persistence is probably a greater problem than differences between the sexes. ..
- Fors A, Taft C, Ulin K, Ekman I. Person-centred care improves self-efficacy to control symptoms after acute coronary syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2016;15:186-94 pubmed publisher..This underlines the importance of initiating and establishing partnerships between patients and health care professionals as early as possible after ACS. ..
- Otten V, Maguire G, Noz M, Zeleznik M, Nilsson K, Olivecrona H. Are CT Scans a Satisfactory Substitute for the Follow-Up of RSA Migration Studies of Uncemented Cups? A Comparison of RSA Double Examinations and CT Datasets of 46 Total Hip Arthroplasties. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:3681458 pubmed publisher..3° to 2° for rotation and 0.15 to 0.6?mm for translation. We conclude that measurements using CT and RSA are comparable and that CT can be used for migration studies for longitudinal evaluations of patients with RSA markers. ..
- Grensman A, Acharya B, WÃ¤ndell P, Nilsson G, Falkenberg T, Sundin Ã, et al. Effect of traditional yoga, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy, on health related quality of life: a randomized controlled trial on patients on sick leave because of burnout. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:80 pubmed publisher..July 22, 2012, retrospectively registered. ClinicalTrails.gov NCT01168661 . Stockholm County Council, grant 2003-5. ..
- Lernfelt B, Forsberg M, Blomstrand C, Mellstrom D, Volkmann R. Cerebral atherosclerosis as predictor of stroke and mortality in representative elderly population. Stroke. 2002;33:224-9 pubmed..Bilateral plaques were correlated with systolic blood pressure and ischemic heart disease at age 70 years and predicted the risk of stroke and mortality in men but not in women. ..
- Edmark L, Kostova Aherdan K, Enlund M, Hedenstierna G. Optimal oxygen concentration during induction of general anesthesia. Anesthesiology. 2003;98:28-33 pubmed..01). During routine induction of general anesthesia, 80% oxygen for oxygenation caused minimal atelectasis, but the time margin before unacceptable desaturation occurred was significantly shortened compared with 100% oxygen. ..
- Mellin Dahlstrand H, Lindquist D, Björnestål L, Ohlsson A, Dalianis T, Munck Wikland E, et al. P16(INK4a) correlates to human papillomavirus presence, response to radiotherapy and clinical outcome in tonsillar carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:4375-83 pubmed..Here, p16(INK4A), in situ HPV DNA hybridisation (ISH) and HPVL1 capsid detection were evaluated in tonsillar carcinoma to predict the response to radiotherapy (RT) and prognosis...
- Ahren B. Glucagon secretion in relation to insulin sensitivity in healthy subjects. Diabetologia. 2006;49:117-22 pubmed..Hence, not only the islet beta cells but also the alpha cells seem to undergo compensatory changes during the development of insulin resistance. ..
- Cederwall E, Olsen M, Hanner P, Fogdestam I. Evaluation of a physiotherapeutic treatment intervention in "Bell's" facial palsy. Physiother Theory Pract. 2006;22:43-52 pubmed..In conclusion, patients with remaining symptoms of Bell's palsy appear to experience positive effects from a specific training program. A larger study, however, is needed to fully evaluate the treatment. ..
- Garcia Rodriguez L, Lagergren J, Lindblad M. Gastric acid suppression and risk of oesophageal and gastric adenocarcinoma: a nested case control study in the UK. Gut. 2006;55:1538-44 pubmed..However, these associations are most likely explained by the underlying treatment indication being a risk factor for the cancer rather than an independent harmful effect of these agents per se. ..
- Sandberg C, Stenquist B, Rosdahl I, Ros A, Synnerstad I, Karlsson M, et al. Important factors for pain during photodynamic therapy for actinic keratosis. Acta Derm Venereol. 2006;86:404-8 pubmed..053). The most important factors for presence of pain seem to be the size and the redness of the lesion. No significant pain relief was experienced after pre-treatment with capsaicin. ..
- Wei G, Bergquist A, Broome U, Lindgren S, Wallerstedt S, Almer S, et al. Acute liver failure in Sweden: etiology and outcome. J Intern Med. 2007;262:393-401 pubmed..KCH criteria had a high NPV in the acetaminophen group, and in combination with MELD score<30 predicts a good prognosis in acetaminophen patients without transplantation. ..
- Moverare Skrtic S, Svensson J, Karlsson M, Orwoll E, Ljunggren O, Mellstrom D, et al. Serum insulin-like growth factor-I concentration is associated with leukocyte telomere length in a population-based cohort of elderly men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:5078-84 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms underlying the association between serum IGF-I concentration and leukocyte telomere length remain to be determined. ..
- Ivaska K, Gerdhem P, Vaananen H, Akesson K, Obrant K. Bone turnover markers and prediction of fracture: a prospective follow-up study of 1040 elderly women for a mean of 9 years. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:393-403 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, elevated levels of S-TRACP5b, S-CTX-I, and urinary osteocalcin are associated with increased fracture risk for up to a decade in elderly women. ..
- Magnusson L. Comparison of the fine structure processing (FSP) strategy and the CIS strategy used in the MED-EL cochlear implant system: speech intelligibility and music sound quality. Int J Audiol. 2011;50:279-87 pubmed publisher..Owing to the large individual differences in subjective preference, and the fact that the FSP strategy was not superior to the CIS variations, the recipients should be given the opportunity of choosing between the strategies ..
- Isaksson M, Inerot A, Liden C, Matura M, Stenberg B, Möller H, et al. Multicentre patch testing with a resol resin based on phenol and formaldehyde. Contact Dermatitis. 2011;65:34-7 pubmed publisher..Contact allergy to phenol-formaldehyde resins (PFRs) based on phenol and formaldehyde is not detected by a p-tertiary-butylphenol-formaldehyde resin (PTBP-FR) included in most baseline patch test series...
- Taflin H, Wettergren Y, Odin E, Carlsson G, Derwinger K. Gene polymorphisms MTHFRC677T and MTRA2756G as predictive factors in adjuvant chemotherapy for stage III colorectal cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:3057-62 pubmed..Our results could explain some of the difficulties of obtaining reproducible and uniform results when using single polymorphisms as predictive markers. ..
- Rentschler G, Covolo L, Haddad A, Lucchini R, Zoni S, Broberg K. ATP13A2 (PARK9) polymorphisms influence the neurotoxic effects of manganese. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:697-702 pubmed publisher..029, p=0.041, respectively), also after adjustments for age and gender. The rs2871776 altered a binding site for transcription factor insulinoma-associated 1. ATP13A2 variation may be a risk marker for neurotoxic effects of Mn in humans. ..
- Gosman Hedström G, Dahlin Ivanoff S. 'Mastering an unpredictable everyday life after stroke'--older women's experiences of caring and living with their partners. Scand J Caring Sci. 2012;26:587-97 pubmed publisher..The results draw attention to the carers' need for time to themselves, a greater knowledge of stroke and continuous support from formal care. ..
- Angenete E, Correa Marinez A, Heath J, Gonzalez E, Wedin A, Prytz M, et al. Ostomy function after abdominoperineal resection--a clinical and patient evaluation. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012;27:1267-74 pubmed..This exploratory study indicates no difference in stoma function after 1 year between S-APR and E-APR. Over 90 % of the patients accept their stoma, but our study indicates that more information and support for patients are warranted. ..
- Eriksson B, Smith J, Caprini J, Hantel S, Clemens A, Feuring M, et al. Evaluation of the acute coronary syndrome safety profile of dabigatran etexilate in patients undergoing major orthopedic surgery: findings from four Phase 3 trials. Thromb Res. 2012;130:396-402 pubmed publisher..None of these between-group differences were statistically significant. No increased ACS signal was detected with dabigatran etexilate compared with enoxaparin during or after treatment. ..