Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Germany
Publications1224 found, 100 shown here
- Jung S, Wermker K, Poetschik H, Ziebura T, Kleinheinz J. The impact of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on serological values of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF). Head Face Med. 2010;6:29 pubmed publisher..Additional application of exogenous growth factors in conjunction with HBO was not obviously linked by a coherent cause-and-effect chain as far as wound healing is concerned. ..
- Rose J, Soder S, Skhirtladze C, Schmitz N, Gebhard P, Sesselmann S, et al. DNA damage, discoordinated gene expression and cellular senescence in osteoarthritic chondrocytes. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012;20:1020-8 pubmed publisher..This promotes increased malfunctioning of the cells and finally the loss of their capacity to keep up cell and tissue homeostasis, i.e., prevent OA. ..
- Judge A, Batra R, Thomas G, Beard D, Javaid M, Murray D, et al. Body mass index is not a clinically meaningful predictor of patient reported outcomes of primary hip replacement surgery: prospective cohort study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2014;22:431-9 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest BMI should not present a barrier to access THR in terms of PROMs. ..
- Urbanski P, Siebel A, Zacher M, Hacker R. Is extended aortic replacement in acute type A dissection justifiable?. Ann Thorac Surg. 2003;75:525-9 pubmed..Therefore we advocate complete replacement of the dissected parts of the aorta in all patients in whom this is technically possible. ..
- Bruch C, Gradaus R, Gunia S, Breithardt G, Wichter T. Doppler tissue analysis of mitral annular velocities: evidence for systolic abnormalities in patients with diastolic heart failure. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2003;16:1031-6 pubmed..Systolic long-axis LV function is also impaired in patients with DHF, resulting in feasible diagnosis of DHF by Doppler tissue imaging analysis of LV long-axis function and overall LV function with the Tei index. ..
- Ubrig B, Boenig M, Waldner M, Roth S. Transurethral approach to the distal ureter in nephroureterectomy: transurethral extraction vs. "pluck" technique with long-term follow-up. Eur Urol. 2004;46:741-7 pubmed..Bladder tumor recurrence rate was in the range reported for classic nephroureterectomy. No extravesical tumor recurrence in the former ureteral bed or on the scar of the resected ureteral orifice occurred. ..
- Josting A, Nogova L, Franklin J, Glossmann J, Eich H, Sieber M, et al. Salvage radiotherapy in patients with relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma: a retrospective analysis from the German Hodgkin Lymphoma Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:1522-9 pubmed..In patients with limited stage at progression/relapse, duration of first remission was significant (P = .04) for FF2F. SRT offers an effective treatment for selected subsets of patients with relapsed or refractory HD. ..
- Kalbe E, Salmon E, Perani D, Holthoff V, Sorbi S, Elsner A, et al. Anosognosia in very mild Alzheimer's disease but not in mild cognitive impairment. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2005;19:349-56 pubmed..Accordingly, medical history even in mildly affected patients should always include information from both patient and caregiver. ..
- Ugurel S, Hildenbrand R, Zimpfer A, La Rosée P, Paschka P, Sucker A, et al. Lack of clinical efficacy of imatinib in metastatic melanoma. Br J Cancer. 2005;92:1398-405 pubmed..In conclusion, this study did not reveal an efficacy of imatinib in advanced metastatic melanoma, regardless of the expression pattern of the imatinib target molecules c-kit and PDGF-R. ..
- Fillies T, Werkmeister R, Packeisen J, Brandt B, Morin P, Weingart D, et al. Cytokeratin 8/18 expression indicates a poor prognosis in squamous cell carcinomas of the oral cavity. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:10 pubmed..These results provide an extended knowledge about the role of intermediary filament expression patterns in SCC's. ..
- Bellebaum C, Hoffmann K, Koch B, Schwarz M, Daum I. Altered processing of corollary discharge in thalamic lesion patients. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2375-88 pubmed..Our data suggest that integration of corollary discharge and motor information occurs directly before the second saccade in a double-step task. ..
- Weisz N, Müller S, Schlee W, Dohrmann K, Hartmann T, Elbert T. The neural code of auditory phantom perception. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1479-84 pubmed..The change results in enhanced slow-wave activity reflecting altered corticothalamic and corticolimbic interplay. Such enhancement facilitates and sustains gamma activity as a neural code of phantom perception, in this case auditory. ..
- Abdulla W, Netter U, Abdulla S, Isaak I. Tracheostomy under jet-ventilation--an alternative approach to ventilating patients undergoing surgically created or percutaneous dilational tracheostomy. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2008;19:803-18 pubmed..Under these circumstances, PDT is an acceptable approach to inserting a tracheostomy tube under jet-ventilation via bronchoscope, particularly for the management of difficult airway in critically ill patients. ..
- Wolfram U, Wilke H, Zysset P. Valid micro finite element models of vertebral trabecular bone can be obtained using tissue properties measured with nanoindentation under wet conditions. J Biomech. 2010;43:1731-7 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that valid microFE models can be set up using average tissue properties obtained under wet indentation conditions. ..
- StÃ¤nder S, Siepmann D, Herrgott I, SunderkÃ¶tter C, Luger T. Targeting the neurokinin receptor 1 with aprepitant: a novel antipruritic strategy. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10968 pubmed publisher..The results are promising enough to warrant confirming the efficacy of NKR1 antagonists in a randomized, controlled clinical trial. ..
- Eckert A, Lautner M, Schutze A, Taubert H, Schubert J, Bilkenroth U. Coexpression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? and glucose transporter-1 is associated with poor prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma patients. Histopathology. 2011;58:1136-47 pubmed publisher..Coexpression of high levels of HIF-1? and GLUT-1 is significantly correlated with prognosis in OSCC patients, suggesting that the coexpression of these proteins can be used as both an early diagnostic and independent prognostic marker. ..
- Cascorbi I, Flüh C, Remmler C, Haenisch S, Faltraco F, Grumbt M, et al. Association of ATP-binding cassette transporter variants with the risk of Alzheimer's disease. Pharmacogenomics. 2013;14:485-94 pubmed publisher..We aimed to investigate the association of genetic variants of selected multidrug transporters with Alzheimer's disease (AD) in histopathologically confirmed AD cases and controls...
- Meyer C, Hofmann J, Burmeister T, Gr ger D, Park T, Emerenciano M, et al. The MLL recombinome of acute leukemias in 2013. Leukemia. 2013;27:2165-76 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present the extending network of reciprocal MLL fusions deriving from complex rearrangements...
- Schroeder U, Himpe B, Pries R, Vonthein R, Nitsch S, Wollenberg B. Decline of lactate in tumor tissue after ketogenic diet: in vivo microdialysis study in patients with head and neck cancer. Nutr Cancer. 2013;65:843-9 pubmed publisher..The decline of mean lactate concentration in the tumor tissue after ketogenic diet supports the hypothesis that HNSCC tumor cells might use lactate as fuel for oxidative glucose metabolism. ..
- Klaming L, van Minde D, Weda H, Nielsen T, Duijm L. The Relation Between Anticipatory Anxiety and Movement During an MR Examination. Acad Radiol. 2015;22:1571-8 pubmed publisher..This finding shows that there is little evidence for the assumption that anxiety increases motion and decreases image quality during an MR examination. ..
- Bank U, Reinhold D, Schneemilch C, Kunz D, Synowitz H, Ansorge S. Selective proteolytic cleavage of IL-2 receptor and IL-6 receptor ligand binding chains by neutrophil-derived serine proteases at foci of inflammation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 1999;19:1277-87 pubmed..These results strongly suggest a pathophysiologic role of neutrophil-derived serine proteases, particularly in regulation of the expression of functional IL-2 and IL-6 receptors at foci of inflammation. ..
- Zillikens D, Herzele K, Georgi M, Schmidt E, Chimanovitch I, Schumann H, et al. Autoantibodies in a subgroup of patients with linear IgA disease react with the NC16A domain of BP1801. J Invest Dermatol. 1999;113:947-53 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that IgA autoantibodies from a subset of linear IgA disease patients react with the same sites on BP180 that are targeted by IgG autoantibodies in bullous pemphigoid. ..
- Stutz N, Gohritz A, van Schoonhoven J, Lanz U. Revision surgery after carpal tunnel release--analysis of the pathology in 200 cases during a 2 year period. J Hand Surg Br. 2006;31:68-71 pubmed..We conclude that CTR seems to be a widely underestimated procedure and revision surgery could be largely avoided by reducing technical errors during the primary operation. ..
- Ridder G, Technau Ihling K, Sander A, Boedeker C. Spectrum and management of deep neck space infections: an 8-year experience of 234 cases. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;133:709-14 pubmed..To study the clinical course and outcome of deep neck infections (DNI), with special emphasis on microbiology and histopathology...
- Cedidi C, Ingianni G. Compression therapy after complex soft tissue trauma, and flap coverage: optimization of scar development, swelling, function, and aesthetic result. Eur J Med Res. 2006;11:85-9 pubmed..The consequence is a significant step forward in the rehabilitation of these patients, and earlier social as well as professional reintegration. ..
- Beer A, Haubner R, Sarbia M, Goebel M, Luderschmidt S, Grosu A, et al. Positron emission tomography using [18F]Galacto-RGD identifies the level of integrin alpha(v)beta3 expression in man. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:3942-9 pubmed..PET with [18F]Galacto-RGD might therefore be used as a new marker of angiogenesis and for individualized planning of therapeutic strategies with alpha(v)beta3-targeted drugs. ..
- Rohwedder A, Slominski A, Wolff M, Kredentser D, Carlson J. Epidermodysplasia verruciformis and cutaneous human papillomavirus DNA, but not genital human papillomavirus DNAs, are frequently detected in vulvar and vaginal melanoma. Am J Dermatopathol. 2007;29:13-7 pubmed..The theory that HPV may act as a cofactor in melanoma development deserves further clinical and experimental investigations. ..
- Erhuma M, Köbel M, Mustafa T, Wulfänger J, Dralle H, Hoang Vu C, et al. Expression of neutral endopeptidase (NEP/CD10) on pancreatic tumor cell lines, pancreatitis and pancreatic tumor tissues. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:2393-400 pubmed..However, further studies are needed to provide more detailed information of the role of NEP/CD10 under physiological and pathophysiological conditions of the pancreas. ..
- Hoffmann A, Brabender J, Metzger R, Ling F, Warnecke Eberz U, Lurje G, et al. Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase mRNA expression in peripheral blood of rectal cancer patients is significantly associated with residual tumor and distant metastases following resection. J Surg Oncol. 2009;99:296-301 pubmed publisher..DPD expression levels appear to be associated with residual tumor categories and might serve as a molecular marker for complete tumor resection. Larger studies seem to be warranted to scrutinize our hypothesis. ..
- Bickel H, Kurz A. Education, occupation, and dementia: the Bavarian school sisters study. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2009;27:548-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the hypothesis of a reserve capacity against the consequences of brain diseases. ..
- Grass S, Preuss K, Ahlgrimm M, Fadle N, Regitz E, Pfoehler C, et al. Association of a dominantly inherited hyperphosphorylated paraprotein target with sporadic and familial multiple myeloma and monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance: a case-control study. Lancet Oncol. 2009;10:950-6 pubmed publisher..Förderverein Krebsforschung Saar-Pfalz-Mosel e.V. (eingetragener Verein: officially registered charity) and HOMFOR (the research programme of the Saarland University Faculty of Medicine). ..
- Ameli M, Grefkes C, Kemper F, Riegg F, Rehme A, Karbe H, et al. Differential effects of high-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation over ipsilesional primary motor cortex in cortical and subcortical middle cerebral artery stroke. Ann Neurol. 2009;66:298-309 pubmed publisher..Neural activity in ipsilesional M1 may serve as a surrogate marker for the effectiveness of facilitatory rTMS. ..
- Borcherding F, Nitschke M, Hundorfean G, Rupp J, von Smolinski D, Bieber K, et al. The CD40-CD40L pathway contributes to the proinflammatory function of intestinal epithelial cells in inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1816-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for the epithelial expression and modulation of CD40 in IBD-affected mucosa and indicate its involvement in the proinflammatory function of IECs. ..
- Sack C, Lütkes P, Günther W, Erbel R, Jöckel K, Holtmann G. Challenging the holy grail of hospital accreditation: a cross sectional study of inpatient satisfaction in the field of cardiology. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:120 pubmed publisher..Hospital accreditation may represent a step towards quality management, but does not seem to improve overall patient satisfaction. ..
- Schuhmacher C, Gretschel S, Lordick F, Reichardt P, Hohenberger W, Eisenberger C, et al. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for locally advanced cancer of the stomach and cardia: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized trial 40954. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:5210-8 pubmed publisher..We examined the value of purely preoperative chemotherapy in a phase III trial with strict preoperative staging and surgical resection guidelines...
- Lakemeier S, Schwuchow S, Peterlein C, Foelsch C, Fuchs Winkelmann S, Archontidou Aprin E, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 3, and 9 in degenerated long head biceps tendon in the presence of rotator cuff tears: an immunohistological study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2010;11:271 pubmed publisher..Increased MMP 1 and 9 expression, and decreased MMP 3 expression are found in LHB degeneration. There is a significant association between the size and location of a rotator cuff tear and MMP expression. ..
- Maltusch A, Röwert Huber J, Matthies C, Lange Asschenfeldt S, Stockfleth E. Modes of action of diclofenac 3%/hyaluronic acid 2.5% in the treatment of actinic keratosis. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2011;9:1011-7 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of diclofenac 3 %/hyaluronic acid 2.5 % in the treatment of AKs is probably due to anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic effects, potentially associated with anti-proliferative and apoptosis-inducing underlying mechanisms. ..
- Kociszewski J, Rautenberg O, Kuszka A, Eberhard J, Hilgers R, Viereck V. Can we place tension-free vaginal tape where it should be? The one-third rule. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012;39:210-4 pubmed publisher..001). Preoperative sonographic measurement of urethral length, combined with the one-third rule, may aid in reliable midurethral TVT positioning. ..
- Kröpil P, Bilk P, Quentin M, Miese F, Lanzman R, Scherer A. CT-guided biopsy of thoracic lesions with a novel wire-based needle guide device - initial experiences. Acta Radiol. 2011;52:866-70 pubmed publisher..Further studies are mandatory to confirm these initial results. ..
- Westenfeld R, Krueger T, Schlieper G, Cranenburg E, Magdeleyns E, Heidenreich S, et al. Effect of vitamin K2 supplementation on functional vitamin K deficiency in hemodialysis patients: a randomized trial. Am J Kidney Dis. 2012;59:186-95 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the rationale for intervention trials aimed at decreasing vascular calcification in hemodialysis patients by vitamin K supplementation. ..
- Kirana S, Stratmann B, Prante C, Prohaska W, Koerperich H, Lammers D, et al. Autologous stem cell therapy in the treatment of limb ischaemia induced chronic tissue ulcers of diabetic foot patients. Int J Clin Pract. 2012;66:384-93 pubmed publisher..The transplantation of BMCs as well as TRCs proved to be safe and feasible. Improvements of microcirculation and complete wound healing were observed in the transplant groups. ..
- Alves G, Karakaya T, Fußer F, Kordulla M, O Dwyer L, Christl J, et al. Association of microstructural white matter abnormalities with cognitive dysfunction in geriatric patients with major depression. Psychiatry Res. 2012;203:194-200 pubmed publisher..Results provide additional evidence supporting the neuronal disconnection hypothesis in MDD and suggest that cognitive deficits are related to the loss of integrity in WM tracts associated with the disorder. ..
- Ersoy L, Ristau T, Hahn M, Karlstetter M, Langmann T, Dröge K, et al. Genetic and environmental risk factors for age-related macular degeneration in persons 90 years and older. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:1842-7 pubmed publisher..579, 70-79 years = 0.567, 80-89 years = 0.600, >90 years = 0.608). Risk alleles in CFH and ARMS2 have a significantly smaller effect on AMD development in nonagenarians, while environmental factors retain a similar effect. ..
- Kruschinski C, Wiese B, Dierks M, Hummers Pradier E, Schneider N, Junius Walker U. A geriatric assessment in general practice: prevalence, location, impact and doctor-patient perceptions of pain. BMC Fam Pract. 2016;17:8 pubmed publisher..Since there is little doctor-patient agreement, this seems a valuable strategy to optimize concrete treatment decisions and patient centered care. This study is registered in the German Clinical Trial Register ( DRKS00000792 ). ..
- Maier F, Lewis C, Horstkoetter N, Eggers C, Dembek T, Visser Vandewalle V, et al. Subjective perceived outcome of subthalamic deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's disease one year after surgery. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016;24:41-7 pubmed publisher..Although motor symptoms and QoL improved in the whole sample, 25% of patients showed disappointment with STN-DBS. Especially apathy predicts dissatisfaction and should be considered preoperatively. ..
- Linderer T, Schroder R, Arntz R, Heineking M, Wunderlich W, Kohl K, et al. Prehospital thrombolysis: beneficial effects of very early treatment on infarct size and left ventricular function. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993;22:1304-10 pubmed..The data suggest that in evolving myocardial infarction up to 4 h in duration, the start of thrombolytic therapy at < or = 1.5 h compared with > 1.5 h limits infarct size, preserves left ventricular function and may save lives. ..
- Trenkwalder C, Stiasny K, Pollmacher T, Wetter T, Schwarz J, Kohnen R, et al. L-dopa therapy of uremic and idiopathic restless legs syndrome: a double-blind, crossover trial. Sleep. 1995;18:681-8 pubmed..030) while the patients received L-dopa therapy. We conclude that L-dopa 100-200 mg proved to be effective in idiopathic RLS and for the first time under controlled conditions in uremic RLS without any severe side effects. ..
- Burk K, Globas C, Bosch S, Graber S, Abele M, Brice A, et al. Cognitive deficits in spinocerebellar ataxia 2. Brain. 1999;122 ( Pt 4):769-77 pubmed..Intellectual impairment should therefore not be interpreted as a secondary effect of progressive motor disability, but represents an important and independent part of the SCA2 phenotype...
- Paulsen F, Jungmann K, Tillmann B. The cricoarytenoid joint capsule and its relevance to endotracheal intubation. Anesth Analg. 2000;90:180-5 pubmed..We conclude that laxity of the joint capsule and the large synovial folds are predisposing factors for intubation trauma of the cricoarytenoid joint, potentially leading to hemarthros and finally to cricoarytenoid joint dysfunction...
- Vonderheid Guth B, Todorova A, Wedekind W, Dimpfel W. Evidence for neuronal dysfunction in migraine: concurrence between specific qEEG findings and clinical drug response--a retrospective analysis-. Eur J Med Res. 2000;5:473-83 pubmed..6%) than those with AI foci with participation of only faster frequencies (alpha 2 and/or beta 1; 54.5%). A controlled study is needed to confirm these observations. ..
- Bachmann G, Streppel M, Krug B, Neuen Jacob E. Cricopharyngeal muscle hypertrophy associated with florid myositis. Dysphagia. 2001;16:244-8 pubmed..Isolated changes of the cricopharyngeal muscle were described in 65% of the cases. ..
- Langenbucher A, Huber S, Nguyen N, Seitz B, Kuchle M. Cardinal points and image-object magnification with an accommodative lens implant (1 CU). Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2003;23:61-70 pubmed
- Straub A, Beierlein W, Küttner A, Hahn U, Raygrotzki S, Ziemer G. Isolated coronary artery rupture after blunt chest trauma. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;51:97-8 pubmed..This case emphasizes that a coronary artery lesion may be considered in those cases of thoracic trauma with preexisting coronary calcification. ..
- Rösler A, Otto B, Schreiber Dietrich D, Steinmetz H, Kessler K. Single-needle acupuncture alleviates gag reflex during transesophageal echocardiography: a blinded, randomized, controlled pilot trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2003;9:847-9 pubmed..The acupuncture group experienced significantly less gagging than the sham group (p = 0.037) or the nonacupuncture group (p = 0.013). Acupuncture of CV24 is an easy to apply and effective method to reduce gag reflex during TEE. ..
- Galuske R, Drach L, Nichtweiss M, Marquardt G, Franz K, Bohl J, et al. Colocalization of different types of amyloid in the walls of cerebral blood vessels of patients suffering from cerebral amyloid angiopathy and spontaneous intracranial hemorrhage: a report of 5 cases. Clin Neuropathol. 2004;23:113-9 pubmed..Subsequently, the preexisting A4beta-amyloid might have induced the polymerization of the lambda-light chains to ALlambda-amyloid in the media of the vessels and could have aggravated the amyloidotic degeneration of the vessel walls. ..
- Schremmer Danninger E, Naidoo S, Neuhof C, Valeske K, Snyman C, Sander C, et al. Visualisation of tissue kallikrein, kininogen and kinin receptors in human skin following trauma and in dermal diseases. Biol Chem. 2004;385:1069-76 pubmed..Within the multiple steps of the inflammatory cascade in wound healing, our results suggest an important regulatory role for kinin-B1 receptors during the first phase of inflammation following injury. ..
- Sickert D, Aust D, Langer S, Baretton G, Dieter P. Characterization of macrophage subpopulations and microvessel density in carcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:1693-700 pubmed..The observed common characteristics regarding macrophage attraction, lymphocyte suppression and microvessel density suggested that these mechanisms are regulated similarly in all carcinomas of the GI-tract. ..
- Eifert S, Kronschnabl S, Kaczmarek I, Reichart B, Vicol C. Omental flap for recurrent deep sternal wound infection and mediastinitis after cardiac surgery. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;55:371-4 pubmed..Unsuccessful surgical treatment of deep sternal wound infection (DSWI) and mediastinitis may lead to sepsis, multiorgan failure and death. Omental flap transposition (OFT) may, in this situation, be the only effective therapy...
- Sander K, Horn C, Briesenick C, Sander D. High-sensitivity C-reactive protein is independently associated with early carotid artery progression in women but not in men: the INVADE Study. Stroke. 2007;38:2881-6 pubmed..Therefore, we investigated the effect of hsCRP on early carotid atherosclerosis progression and major vascular risk factors in men and women...
- Eckert G, Hooff G, Strandjord D, Igbavboa U, Volmer D, Muller W, et al. Regulation of the brain isoprenoids farnesyl- and geranylgeranylpyrophosphate is altered in male Alzheimer patients. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;35:251-7 pubmed publisher..A tentative conclusion is that if indeed regulation of FPP and GGPP is altered in AD brain such changes may stimulate protein prenylation and contribute to AD neuropathophysiology. ..
- Vollmann M, Scharloo M, Salewski C, Dienst A, Schonauer K, Renner B. Illness representations of depression and perceptions of the helpfulness of social support: comparing depressed and never-depressed persons. J Affect Disord. 2010;125:213-20 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic interventions should address the issue of conflicting perceptions and encourage depressed patients to acknowledge and discuss this topic within their social network. ..
- Lippross S, Klueter T, Steubesand N, Oestern S, Mentlein R, Hildebrandt F, et al. Multiple trauma induces serum production of host defence peptides. Injury. 2012;43:137-42 pubmed publisher..As possible mediators we have detected the HDP hBD-2, hBD-3 and LL-37 and their inducers in serum of multiply injured patients...
- Kohles N, Nagel D, Jüngst D, Durner J, Stieber P, Holdenrieder S. Relevance of circulating nucleosomes and oncological biomarkers for predicting response to transarterial chemoembolization therapy in liver cancer patients. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:202 pubmed publisher..Circulating nucleosomes and liver markers are valuable tools for early estimation of the efficacy of TACE therapy in HCC patients. ..
- Renner B, Sproesser G, Strohbach S, Schupp H. Why we eat what we eat. The Eating Motivation Survey (TEMS). Appetite. 2012;59:117-28 pubmed publisher..On the mean level, however, significant differences in motivation for food choice associated with gender, age, and BMI emerged. Implications of the fifteen distinct motivations to choose foods in everyday life are discussed. ..
- Lindo J. Aggregation and the estimated effects of economic conditions on health. J Health Econ. 2015;40:83-96 pubmed publisher..Further analyses suggest this is due to spillover effects of economic conditions on health outcomes across counties. ..
- Cramer P, Langerbeins P, Eichhorst B, Hallek M. Advances in first-line treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia: current recommendations on management and first-line treatment by the German CLL Study Group (GCLLSG). Eur J Haematol. 2016;96:9-18 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that these compounds and further other novel agents will profoundly change the therapy of CLL. ..
- Boese C, Jostmeier J, Oppermann J, Dargel J, Chang D, Eysel P, et al. The neck shaft angle: CT reference values of 800 adult hips. Skeletal Radiol. 2016;45:455-63 pubmed publisher..001). While anteroposterior pelvis radiographs are susceptible to rotational errors, the coronal reconstruction of the proximal femur in the femoral neck plane allows the correct measurement of the NSA. ..
- Kloppe A, Lawo T, Mijic D, Schiedat F, Muegge A, Lemke B. Long-term survival with Cardiac Contractility Modulation in patients with NYHA II or III symptoms and normal QRS duration. Int J Cardiol. 2016;209:291-5 pubmed publisher..007). Long-term mortality rates in heart failure patients with NYHA (II-III) and QRSâ‰¤130ms are lower when treated by CCM than predicted for the cohort. These findings warrant substantiation in a prospective study. ..
- Luther C, Poeschel S, Varga M, Melms A, Tolosa E. Decreased frequency of intrathymic regulatory T cells in patients with myasthenia-associated thymoma. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;164:124-8 pubmed..We found a marked decrease in the number of CD4+CD25+ thymocytes in MG-associated thymomas, but no differences in the peripheral compartment, suggesting that the thymic development of Treg might be impaired in these patients. ..
- Al Nawas B, Kämmerer P, Morbach T, Ophoven F, Wagner W. Retrospective clinical evaluation of an internal tube-in-tube dental implant after 4 years, with special emphasis on peri-implant bone resorption. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011;26:1309-16 pubmed..015; SL, P < .0001). The internal tube-in-tube implant system showed promising long-term results. Significantly less bone resorption was seen for RL implants as well as for implants that were placed supracrestally. ..
- Schuler M, Wu Y, Hirsh V, O Byrne K, Yamamoto N, Mok T, et al. First-Line Afatinib versus Chemotherapy in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Common Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Gene Mutations and Brain Metastases. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:380-90 pubmed publisher..Safety findings were consistent with previous reports. These findings lend support to the clinical activity of afatinib in EGFR mutation-positive patients with NSCLC and asymptomatic brain metastases. ..
- Martin S, Rieckmann P, Melchers I, Wagner R, Bertrams J, Voskuyl A, et al. Circulating forms of ICAM-3 (cICAM-3). Elevated levels in autoimmune diseases and lack of association with cICAM-1. J Immunol. 1995;154:1951-5 pubmed..In conclusion, a circulating form of ICAM-3 is present in human sera. cICAM-3 expression is elevated in certain immune-mediated diseases but occurs independently of cICAM-1. ..
- Stennert E. Rhino-frontal sinuseptotomy (RFS): a combined intra-extra nasal approach for the surgical treatment of severely diseased frontal sinuses. Laryngoscope. 2001;111:1237-45 pubmed..The key to successful management is the creation of a large nasofrontal communication, and direct epithelialization with free mucosal grafts obtained from the septum and turbinates. ..
- Holbach L, von Moller A, Decker C, Jünemann A, Rummelt Hofmann C, Ballhausen W. Loss of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) expression and microsatellite instability in periocular sebaceous gland carcinoma in patients with Muir-Torre syndrome. Am J Ophthalmol. 2002;134:147-8 pubmed..To report fragile histidine triad expression and microsatellite instability in periocular sebaceous gland carcinoma...
- Moench C, Moench K, Lohse A, Thies J, Otto G. Prevention of ischemic-type biliary lesions by arterial back-table pressure perfusion. Liver Transpl. 2003;9:285-9 pubmed..010) and donor age (P =.003) on the development of ITBLs. AP is an easy and reliable method to prevent ITBLs in OLT. It therefore should be used as the standard technique in liver procurement. ..
- Ninck S, Reisser C, Dyckhoff G, Helmke B, Bauer H, Herold Mende C. Expression profiles of angiogenic growth factors in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:34-44 pubmed..Our data indicate a major role for VEGF and PDGF-AB in HNSCC and that the additional secretion of G-CSF or GM-CSF might contribute to a poorer prognosis in patients suffering from these tumors. ..
- Gudziol V, Mewes T, Mann W. Rapid Rhino: A new pneumatic nasal tamponade for posterior epistaxis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;132:152-5 pubmed..In an adapted therapeutic regime, the new pneumatic tamponade seems to have its place before using bilateral nasal respiration obstructing measures. ..
- Beyer M, Kochanek M, Darabi K, Popov A, Jensen M, Endl E, et al. Reduced frequencies and suppressive function of CD4+CD25hi regulatory T cells in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia after therapy with fludarabine. Blood. 2005;106:2018-25 pubmed..In light of similar findings for cyclophosphamide the combination of fludarabine and cyclophosphamide might be further exploited in strategies reducing immunosuppression prior to cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Michalsen A, Knoblauch N, Lehmann N, Grossman P, Kerkhoff G, Wilhelm F, et al. Effects of lifestyle modification on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis, autonomic function, and angina--the role of GNB3 C825T polymorphism. Am Heart J. 2006;151:870-7 pubmed..These responses are more pronounced in GNB3*825T allele carriers. ..
- Reithmann C, Remp T, Oversohl N, Steinbeck G. Ablation for atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia with a prolonged PR interval during sinus rhythm: the risk of delayed higher-degree atrioventricular block. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2006;17:973-9 pubmed
- Chenot J, Becker A, Leonhardt C, Keller S, Donner Banzhoff N, Baum E, et al. Determinants for receiving acupuncture for LBP and associated treatments: a prospective cohort study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2006;6:149 pubmed..A significant proportion of patients who received did not meet the so far only known selection criterion (chonicity). Acupuncture therapy might be a reflection of helplessness in both patients and health care providers. ..
- Mataix J, Bañuls J, Perez M, Betlloch I. [Asymptomatic scaly papules on the extremities and pinnae]. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2007;5:523-4 pubmed
- Seiderer J, Dambacher J, Kühnlein B, Pfennig S, Konrad A, Török H, et al. The role of the selenoprotein S (SELS) gene -105G>A promoter polymorphism in inflammatory bowel disease and regulation of SELS gene expression in intestinal inflammation. Tissue Antigens. 2007;70:238-46 pubmed
- Heidrich J, Wellmann J, Doring A, Illig T, Keil U. Alcohol consumption, alcohol dehydrogenase and risk of coronary heart disease in the MONICA/KORA-Augsburg cohort 1994/1995-2002. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2007;14:769-74 pubmed..The impact of ADH1C on the relationship between alcohol and HDL cholesterol is less clear. ..
- Knauf W, Lissichkov T, Aldaoud A, Liberati A, Loscertales J, Herbrecht R, et al. Phase III randomized study of bendamustine compared with chlorambucil in previously untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:4378-84 pubmed publisher..Bendamustine offers significantly greater efficacy than chlorambucil, and a manageable toxicity profile, when used as first-line therapy in patients with advanced CLL. ..
- Luster M, Karges W, Zeich K, Pauls S, Verburg F, Dralle H, et al. Clinical value of 18-fluorine-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography/computed tomography in the follow-up of medullary thyroid carcinoma. Thyroid. 2010;20:527-33 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was therefore to test the hypothesis that combined (18)F-DOPA PET/CT more accurately detects MTC lesions than each modality does alone...
- Stolzenburg J, Kallidonis P, Do M, Dietel A, Häfner T, Rabenalt R, et al. A comparison of outcomes for interfascial and intrafascial nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy. Urology. 2010;76:743-8 pubmed publisher..Significantly improved continence was observed at 3 and 6 months in favor of intrafascial nsEEPRE. ..
- Posorski N, Kaemmerer D, Ernst G, Grabowski P, Hoersch D, Hommann M, et al. Localization of sporadic neuroendocrine tumors by gene expression analysis of their metastases. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2011;28:637-47 pubmed publisher..Because cancer therapy is dependent on the localization of the primary, the gene expression level of these three genes are promising markers to unravel the CUP syndrome in NET. ..