Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in United States
Locale: United States
Publications2515 found, 100 shown here
- Kewley Port D, Burkle T, Lee J. Contribution of consonant versus vowel information to sentence intelligibility for young normal-hearing and elderly hearing-impaired listeners. J Acoust Soc Am. 2007;122:2365-75 pubmed
- Rodriguez S, Mattek N, Lieberman D, Fennerty B, Eisen G. Barrett's esophagus on repeat endoscopy: should we look more than once?. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008;103:1892-7 pubmed publisher..Repeat EGD for Barrett's screening should not be performed out of concern for a missed diagnosis except when BE may have been obscured by overlying esophageal inflammation. ..
- Golubovskaya V, Conway Dorsey K, Edmiston S, Tse C, Lark A, Livasy C, et al. FAK overexpression and p53 mutations are highly correlated in human breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1735-8 pubmed publisher..5, 95% CI 1.6-3.9]. This is the first analysis demonstrating a high correlation between FAK expression and p53 mutations in a population-based series of breast tumors. ..
- Fox E, Benjamin E, Sarpong D, Nagarajarao H, Taylor J, Steffes M, et al. The relation of C--reactive protein to chronic kidney disease in African Americans: the Jackson Heart Study. BMC Nephrol. 2010;11:1 pubmed publisher..05). CRP was associated with CKD however not albuminuria in multivariable-adjusted analyses. The study of inflammation in the progression of renal disease in African Americans merits further investigation. ..
- Dennis T, Solomon B. Frontal EEG and emotion regulation: electrocortical activity in response to emotional film clips is associated with reduced mood induction and attention interference effects. Biol Psychol. 2010;85:456-64 pubmed publisher..Effects did not differ between the left and right hemispheres. Results support the hypothesis that frontal EEG activity reflects both emotional context and emotion-regulatory capabilities. ..
- Dyck P, Carter R, Litchy W. Modeling nerve conduction criteria for diagnosis of diabetic polyneuropathy. Muscle Nerve. 2011;44:340-5 pubmed publisher..Composite sum scores of normal deviates (from percentiles corrected for applicable variables) of sensitive NC attributes and with modifications, RDNS and AAN criteria performed acceptably for diagnosis of DSPN. ..
- Hassan S, Snyder B. Street-crossing decision-making: a comparison between patients with age-related macular degeneration and normal vision. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:6137-44 pubmed publisher..Age, but not mild central vision loss, significantly affected a subject's accuracy in their street-crossing decisions. ..
- Wallner L, Frencher S, Hsu J, Loo R, Huang J, Nichol M, et al. Prostate cancer screening trends in a large, integrated health care system. Perm J. 2012;16:4-9 pubmed
- Sutin A, Cutler R, Camandola S, Uda M, Feldman N, Cucca F, et al. Impulsivity is associated with uric acid: evidence from humans and mice. Biol Psychiatry. 2014;75:31-7 pubmed publisher..The identification of biological markers of impulsivity may lead to a better understanding of the physiological mechanisms involved in impulsivity and may suggest potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Alosco M, Galioto R, Spitznagel M, Strain G, Devlin M, Cohen R, et al. Cognitive function after bariatric surgery: evidence for improvement 3 years after surgery. Am J Surg. 2014;207:870-6 pubmed publisher..Bariatric surgery may lead to lasting improvements in cognition. Prospective studies with extended follow-ups (eg, 10 years) should examine whether bariatric surgery can attenuate cognitive decline in severely obese patients. ..
- Cox J, Bernard A, Bottiggi A, Chang P, Talley C, Tucker B, et al. Influence of in-house attending presence on trauma outcomes and hospital efficiency. J Am Coll Surg. 2014;218:734-8 pubmed publisher..For the most severely injured patients, attendings presence does not reduce mortality. In-house coverage can improve hospital efficiency by decreasing emergency department LOS, hospital LOS, and ICU LOS. ..
- Brent B, Rosso I, Thermenos H, Holt D, Faraone S, Makris N, et al. Alterations of lateral temporal cortical gray matter and facial memory as vulnerability indicators for schizophrenia: An MRI study in youth at familial high-risk for schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2016;170:123-9 pubmed publisher..The findings add to the growing evidence that children at risk for schizophrenia on the basis of positive family history have cortical and subcortical structural brain abnormalities well before psychotic illness occurs. ..
- Zhang Y, Jenkins A, Basu A, Stoner J, Lopes Virella M, Klein R, et al. Associations between intensive diabetes therapy and NMR-determined lipoprotein subclass profiles in type 1 diabetes. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:310-7 pubmed publisher..Further research will determine whether these changes contribute to the beneficial effects of intensive diabetes management on vascular complications. ..
- Proffitt E, Phillips M, DeMauro C, Conde K, Powell J. Ultrasonographic Diagnosis of Intrauterine Fetal Decapitation Secondary to Amniotic Band Sequence: A Case Report. J Emerg Med. 2016;50:e129-31 pubmed publisher..Amniotic band sequence (ABS) is a rare disorder that can result in a wide spectrum of congenital craniofacial, limb, trunk, and viscera deformities. One of the more rare manifestations of ABS is intrauterine fetal decapitation...
- Springel E, Wang X, Sarfoh V, Stetzer B, Weight S, Mercer B. A randomized open-label controlled trial of chlorhexidine-alcohol vs povidone-iodine for cesarean antisepsis: the CAPICA trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:463.e1-463.e8 pubmed publisher..Povidone-iodine should still be considered as acceptable for preoperative surgical site antisepsis for cesarean delivery. ..
- Younan D, Griffin R, Swain T, Pittet J, Camins B. Trauma patients meeting both Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definitions for ventilator-associated pneumonia had worse outcomes than those meeting only one. J Surg Res. 2017;216:123-128 pubmed publisher..0178). There was no difference in mortality between patients meeting the "old" and "new" NHSN definitions for VAP; those who met "both" definitions had longer ventilator support days, intensive care unit, and hospital LOS. ..
- Griffin D, Fairman N, Coursin D, Rawsthorne L, Grossman J. Acute myopathy during treatment of status asthmaticus with corticosteroids and steroidal muscle relaxants. Chest. 1992;102:510-4 pubmed..Patients treated with corticosteroids and NMBs should be carefully monitored for the development of myopathy. ..
- Sellati T, Waldrop S, Salazar J, Bergstresser P, Picker L, Radolf J. The cutaneous response in humans to Treponema pallidum lipoprotein analogues involves cellular elements of both innate and adaptive immunity. J Immunol. 2001;166:4131-40 pubmed
- Aboulafia D, Taylor L. Vacuolar myelopathy and vacuolar cerebellar leukoencephalopathy: a late complication of AIDS after highly active antiretroviral therapy-induced immune reconstitution. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2002;16:579-84 pubmed..Whether this case represents yet another variant of the recently described inflammatory immune response syndrome whereby progression of previously quiescent disorders evolve to symptomatic disease after initiation of HAART is uncertain. ..
- Pottumarthy S, Limaye A, Prentice J, Houze Y, Swanzy S, Cookson B. Nocardia veterana, a new emerging pathogen. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:1705-9 pubmed..These cases illustrate the pathogenic potential of this newly described species and emphasize the importance of accurate identification of Nocardia isolates to the species level by integrated use of phenotypic and genotypic methods. ..
- Reese K, Litsky A, Kaeding C, Pedroza A, Shah N. Cannulated screw fixation of Jones fractures: a clinical and biomechanical study. Am J Sports Med. 2004;32:1736-42 pubmed..Traditional nonsurgical treatment of Jones fractures has high rates of delayed union, nonunion, and refracture. Internal fixation has become the treatment of choice in athletes and active patients...
- Vuletic S, Peskind E, Marcovina S, Quinn J, Cheung M, Kennedy H, et al. Reduced CSF PLTP activity in Alzheimer's disease and other neurologic diseases; PLTP induces ApoE secretion in primary human astrocytes in vitro. J Neurosci Res. 2005;80:406-13 pubmed..The findings of reduced PLTP activity in AD CSF, and the observation that PLTP can influence apoE secretion in astrocytes suggest a potential link between alterations in the brain lipid metabolism and AD pathogenesis. ..
- Fiorella D, Thiabolt L, Albuquerque F, Deshmukh V, McDougall C, Rasmussen P. Antiplatelet therapy in neuroendovascular therapeutics. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2005;16:517-40, vi pubmed..The optimal application of these agents will undoubtedly improve the risk profile of neuroendovascular procedures, increase the success rate of acute stroke intervention, and facilitate more effective secondary stroke prevention. ..
- Kiesel K, Uhl T, Underwood F, Rodd D, Nitz A. Measurement of lumbar multifidus muscle contraction with rehabilitative ultrasound imaging. Man Ther. 2007;12:161-6 pubmed..39,P<.001). Measurement of muscle thickness change utilizing RUSI is a valid and potentially useful method to measure activation of the LM muscle in a narrow range (19-34% of MVIC) in an asymptomatic population. ..
- Bunch T, Chandrasekaran K, Ehrsam J, Hammill S, Urban L, Hodge D, et al. Prognostic significance of exercise induced arrhythmias and echocardiographic variables in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2007;99:835-8 pubmed..In conclusion, in this cohort of patients with HC, exercise testing was safe. Test results were associated with risk for adverse events. ..
- Tita A, Hauth J, Grimes A, Owen J, Stamm A, Andrews W. Decreasing incidence of postcesarean endometritis with extended-spectrum antibiotic prophylaxis. Obstet Gynecol. 2008;111:51-6 pubmed publisher..Extended-spectrum antibiotic prophylaxis involving the addition of azithromycin to standard narrow-spectrum prophylaxis was associated with a significant reduction in postcesarean endometritis. II. ..
- Pan J, Chen C, Geller B, Firpi R, Machicao V, Caridi J, et al. Is sonographic surveillance of polytetrafluoroethylene-covered transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS) necessary? A single centre experience comparing both types of stents. Clin Radiol. 2008;63:1142-8 pubmed publisher..Considering the improved patency of covered stents in TIPS, US surveillance may be superfluous after the baseline study. ..
- Kohler T, Yadven M, Manvar A, Liu N, Monga M. The length of the male urethra. Int Braz J Urol. 2008;34:451-4; discussion 455-6 pubmed..Literature documenting the length of the normal male adult urethra is scarce. Our data adds to basic anatomic information of the male urethra and may be used to optimize genitourinary device design. ..
- Oleinikov A, Amos E, Frye I, Rossnagle E, Mutabingwa T, Fried M, et al. High throughput functional assays of the variant antigen PfEMP1 reveal a single domain in the 3D7 Plasmodium falciparum genome that binds ICAM1 with high affinity and is targeted by naturally acquired neutralizing antibodies. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000386 pubmed publisher..Our high throughput approach will significantly accelerate studies of PfEMP1 binding domains and protective antibody responses. ..
- Hejazi R, Patil H, McCallum R. Dumping syndrome: establishing criteria for diagnosis and identifying new etiologies. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:117-23 pubmed publisher..Rapid gastric emptying can be identified in a sizeable subset (9%) of patients with unexplained nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea when criteria are applied to the standardized scintigraphic gastric emptying meal. ..
- Warnock D, Daina E, Remuzzi G, West M. Enzyme replacement therapy and Fabry nephropathy. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;5:371-8 pubmed publisher..73 m(2)/yr, which is that seen in the normal adult population. A systematic approach is presented for reaching this goal in the individual patient. ..
- Mille M, Xu X, Rivard M. Comparison of organ doses for patients undergoing balloon brachytherapy of the breast with HDR 192Ir or electronic sources using monte carlo simulations in a heterogeneous human phantom. Med Phys. 2010;37:662-71 pubmed..Clinical studies evaluating the negative health effects caused by irradiating healthy organs are needed so that physicians can better understand when HDR 192Ir or eBx might best benefit a patient. ..
- Blaker K, Sahoo S, Schweichler M, Chagpar A. Malignant phylloides tumor in pregnancy. Am Surg. 2010;76:302-5 pubmed..With early detection, malignant phylloides tumors can present in the first trimester of pregnancy at smaller sizes; in these patients, breast-conserving surgery is possible. ..
- Black C, Addante R, Mohila C. Intraosseous ameloblastoma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010;110:585-92 pubmed publisher..Complete excision is recommended for conventional and desmoplastic variants. The unicystic variant requires additional subtyping to determine the best treatment approach. ..
- Yan Z, Aydelotte T, Gadi V, Guthrie K, Nelson J. Acquisition of the rheumatoid arthritis HLA shared epitope through microchimerism. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:640-4 pubmed publisher..03). These results indicate that RA patients who genotypically lack the SE can acquire the SE as persistent microchimerism from fetal-maternal cell exchange, suggesting that SE-encoding microchimerism could be a risk factor for RA. ..
- Abdel Rahman M, Cebulla C, Verma V, Christopher B, Carson W, Olencki T, et al. Monosomy 3 status of uveal melanoma metastases is associated with rapidly progressive tumors and short survival. Exp Eye Res. 2012;100:26-31 pubmed publisher..These findings should be considered when designing clinical trials testing effectiveness of various therapies of metastatic UM...
- Nobles J. Migration and father absence: shifting family structure in Mexico. Demography. 2013;50:1303-14 pubmed publisher..The stability of children's family life in these regions constitutes a substantial but poorly measured cost of worldwide increases in migration. ..
- Markiewicz M, Gelesko S, Bell R. Zygoma reconstruction. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2013;25:167-201 pubmed publisher..Traditional and contemporary concepts in posttraumatic, postablative, and esthetic reconstruction are also described...
- Schroeder E, Bayliss E, Daugherty S, Steiner J. Gender differences in cardiovascular risk factors in incident diabetes. Womens Health Issues. 2014;24:e61-8 pubmed publisher..In this cohort of individuals with incident diabetes, men and women had important differences in risk factor control at the time of diabetes diagnosis. These differences varied by age and decreased over time. ..
- Qin Y, Jiao X, Dalgleish R, Vujovic S, Li J, Simpson J, et al. Novel variants in the SOHLH2 gene are implicated in human premature ovarian failure. Fertil Steril. 2014;101:1104-1109.e6 pubmed publisher..Our identification of novel variants in the SOHLH2 gene, in women with POF of both Chinese and Serbian origin, strongly suggests an important role for SOHLH2 in human POF etiology. ..
- Oliver K, Brady W, Birrer M, Gershenson D, Fleming G, Copeland L, et al. An evaluation of progression free survival and overall survival of ovarian cancer patients with clear cell carcinoma versus serous carcinoma treated with platinum therapy: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group experience. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:243-249 pubmed publisher..Finally, treatment effect was influenced by histology. ..
- Harris G, Schuler L, Shapiro S. Characterization of human endometrial glycogen synthase. Fertil Steril. 1994;62:514-20 pubmed..The mechanism for P induction of endometrial glycogen does not require change in the concentration of glycogen synthase transcripts. ..
- Stoilova D, Child A, Brice G, Desai T, Barsoum Homsy M, Ozdemir N, et al. Novel TIGR/MYOC mutations in families with juvenile onset primary open angle glaucoma. J Med Genet. 1998;35:989-92 pubmed..Our results confirm the role of the TIGR/MYOC gene in the aetiology of the JOAG phenotype. ..
- Reeves R, Mack J, Beddingfield J. Neurotoxic syndrome associated with risperidone and fluvoxamine. Ann Pharmacother. 2002;36:440-3 pubmed..Clinicians should be aware of potentially serious adverse reactions that may occur during concomitant treatment with antipsychotics and selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors. ..
- Byrd J, Peterson B, Morrison V, Park K, Jacobson R, Hoke E, et al. Randomized phase 2 study of fludarabine with concurrent versus sequential treatment with rituximab in symptomatic, untreated patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9712 (CALGB 9712). Blood. 2003;101:6-14 pubmed..Phase 3 studies using this combination approach for patients with CLL are warranted. ..
- Kepros J. Superior mesenteric artery syndrome after multiple trauma. J Trauma. 2002;53:1028 pubmed
- Sackett K, Pope R, Erdley W. Demonstrating a positive return on investment for a prenatal program at a managed care organization. An economic analysis. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2004;18:117-27 pubmed..This article describes the ROI for a prenatal program developed at a Western New York Managed Care Organization (MCO). A positive ROI for the program under study will be demonstrated using a model of economic analysis. ..
- Pohar S, Gay H, Rosenbaum P, Klish D, Bogart J, Sagerman R, et al. Malignant parotid tumors: presentation, clinical/pathologic prognostic factors, and treatment outcomes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005;61:112-8 pubmed..To determine the important clinical/pathologic prognostic factors and optimal treatment of malignant parotid tumors...
- Ka H, Hunt J. FLICE-inhibitory protein: expression in early and late gestation human placentas. Placenta. 2006;27:626-34 pubmed..The results of this study are consistent with the postulate that FLIP proteins have critical roles in placental cell survival and suggest that FLIP may protect normal and transformed trophoblast cells from cell death. ..
- DuBuske L. Review of desloratadine for the treatment of allergic rhinitis, chronic idiopathic urticaria and allergic inflammatory disorders. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2005;6:2511-23 pubmed..Pharmacokinetic studies have demonstrated a low propensity for drug-drug or drug-food interactions. This review outlines the mechanism of action, efficacy and safety of desloratadine for the treatment of allergic inflammatory disorders. ..
- Ramana R, Arab D, Joyal D, Steen L, Cho L, Lewis B, et al. Coronary artery perforation during percutaneous coronary intervention: incidence and outcomes in the new interventional era. J Invasive Cardiol. 2005;17:603-5 pubmed..Type 3 perforations are more often associated with stent and device use. A majority of Type 3 perforations can be initially managed by percutaneous methods. ..
- Romer L, Lovering A, Haverkamp H, Pegelow D, Dempsey J. Effect of inspiratory muscle work on peripheral fatigue of locomotor muscles in healthy humans. J Physiol. 2006;571:425-39 pubmed..In conclusion, peripheral fatigue of locomotor muscles resulting from high-intensity sustained exercise is, in part, due to the accompanying high levels of respiratory muscle work. ..
- Zhang K, Prichard J, Yoder S, De J, Lin F. Utility of SKP2 and MIB-1 in grading follicular lymphoma using quantitative imaging analysis. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:878-82 pubmed..Compared with traditional methods, quantitation of SKP2 expression using a quantitative image analysis system might be a useful and objective approach in grading follicular lymphoma. ..
- Bhatnagar P, Kaiser P, Smith S, Meisler D, Lewis H, Sears J. Reopening of previously closed macular holes after cataract extraction. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;144:252-9 pubmed..00005). Cataract extraction after successful vitrectomy for macular hole, when complicated by cystoid macular edema (CME), may increase the risk of macular hole reopening. ..
- Levin G, Bowles T, Ehret M, Langaee T, Tan J, Johnson J, et al. Assessment of human serotonin 1A receptor polymorphisms and SSRI responsiveness. Mol Diagn Ther. 2007;11:155-60 pubmed
- Schuh M, Droege M. Cognitive services provided by pharmacists: is the public willing to pay for them?. Consult Pharm. 2008;23:223-30 pubmed
- Kasuya Y, Govinda R, Rauch S, Mascha E, Sessler D, Turan A. The correlation between bispectral index and observational sedation scale in volunteers sedated with dexmedetomidine and propofol. Anesth Analg. 2009;109:1811-5 pubmed publisher..The combination of both BIS and sedative scales could provide different and complementary data to the clinician evaluating the patient's response to sedation than would either tool alone, especially when dexmedetomidine is used. ..
- Ng D, Tang C, Kadirkamanathan S, Tare M. Scrotal reconstruction with a free greater omental flap: A case report. Microsurgery. 2010;30:410-3 pubmed publisher..The greater omentum can therefore be used as a free flap for scrotal reconstruction. It allows easy prefabrication and flap inset. The deep inferior epigastric vessels are also suitable recipient vessels. ..
- Gurung P, Goldblatt M, Huggins J, Doelken P, Nietert P, Sahn S. Pleural fluid analysis and radiographic, sonographic, and echocardiographic characteristics of hepatic hydrothorax. Chest. 2011;140:448-453 pubmed publisher..There are limited published data defining complete pleural fluid analysis, echocardiographic characteristics, or the presence or absence of ascites on sonographic or CT imaging in patients with hepatic hydrothorax...
- Wingard J, Majhail N, Brazauskas R, Wang Z, Sobocinski K, Jacobsohn D, et al. Long-term survival and late deaths after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2230-9 pubmed publisher..Performance of HCT earlier in the course of disease, control of GVHD, enhancement of immune reconstitution, less toxic regimens, and prevention and early treatment of late complications are needed. ..
- Babigumira J, Castelnuovo B, Stergachis A, Kiragga A, Shaefer P, Lamorde M, et al. Cost effectiveness of a pharmacy-only refill program in a large urban HIV/AIDS clinic in Uganda. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18193 pubmed publisher..The PRP is more cost-effective than the standard of care. Similar task-shifting programs might help large HIV/AIDS clinics in Uganda and other low-income countries to cope with increasing numbers of patients seeking care. ..
- Tang T, Funnell M, Noorulla S, Oh M, Brown M. Sustaining short-term improvements over the long-term: results from a 2-year diabetes self-management support (DSMS) intervention. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012;95:85-92 pubmed publisher..01), insulin use (p<0.05), and quality of life (p<0.05). Findings suggest that an empowerment-based DSMS model can sustain or improve diabetes-related health gains achieved from previous short-term DSME. ..
- Martin R, Brown R, Puffer L, Block S, Callender G, Quillo A, et al. Readmission rates after abdominal surgery: the role of surgeon, primary caregiver, home health, and subacute rehab. Ann Surg. 2011;254:591-7 pubmed..Quality parameters among Home Health agencies are nonexistent, but will reflect on surgeon’s performance. Greater awareness regarding predictors of readmission rates is necessary to demonstrate improved surgical quality. ..
- Bosch W, Heckman M, Pungpapong S, Diehl N, Shalev J, Hellinger W. Association of cytomegalovirus infection and disease with recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantation. Transplantation. 2012;93:723-8 pubmed publisher..Our results support an association between CMV infection and disease with recurrence of HCV after LT. Investigation of prevention of CMV infection and disease as a strategy to mitigate recurrent HCV in LT recipients is warranted. ..
- Blachnio Zabielska A, Koutsari C, Tchkonia T, Jensen M. Sphingolipid content of human adipose tissue: relationship to adiponectin and insulin resistance. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:2341-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the sexual dimorphism in adipose tissue behavior in humans extends to adipose tissue sphingolipid content its association with adiponectin, IL-6 and insulin resistance. ..
- Neal M, Trister A, Cloke T, Sodt R, Ahn S, Baldock A, et al. Discriminating survival outcomes in patients with glioblastoma using a simulation-based, patient-specific response metric. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e51951 pubmed publisher..Applied prospectively, our model-based approach has the potential to improve GBM treatment by accounting for patient-to-patient heterogeneity in GBM dynamics and responses to therapy...
- Desai A, Patel A, Ahmad H, Groth J, Thiruvoipati T, Turner K, et al. Mechanistic insights and characterization of sickle cell disease-associated cardiomyopathy. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014;7:430-437 pubmed publisher..http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01044901. ..
- Zeuzem S, HÃ©zode C, Bronowicki J, Loustaud Ratti V, Gea F, Buti M, et al. Daclatasvir plus simeprevir with or without ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection. J Hepatol. 2016;64:292-300 pubmed publisher..Daclatasvir plus simeprevir, with or without ribavirin, was effective with a 12- or 24-week duration in genotype 1b-infected patients and was well tolerated. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01628692. ..
- Agwu A, Warshaw M, McFarland E, Siberry G, Melvin A, Wiznia A, et al. Decline in CD4 T lymphocytes with monotherapy bridging strategy for non-adherent adolescents living with HIV infection: Results of the IMPAACT P1094 randomized trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178075 pubmed publisher..Better alternatives to 3TC/FTC such as ART with higher barriers to resistance and novel adherence and treatment strategies for nonadherent youth are urgently needed. Clinical Trials.gov NCT01338025. ..
- Swartz C. Betaxolol in anxiety disorders. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 1998;10:9-14 pubmed..Preliminary observations in posttraumatic stress disorder are similar...
- Sperling J, Cofield R, Steinmann S. Shoulder arthroplasty for osteoarthritis secondary to glenoid dysplasia. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002;84-A:541-6 pubmed..The data from this study suggest that glenoid deficiency and cartilage wear should be addressed in some way at the time of shoulder arthroplasty in patients with glenoid dysplasia. ..
- Buck G, Wiesemann M, Stewart L. Comparison of mixed cell culture containing genetically engineered BGMK and CaCo-2 cells (Super E-Mix) with RT-PCR and conventional cell culture for the diagnosis of enterovirus meningitis. J Clin Virol. 2002;25 Suppl 1:S13-8 pubmed..The Super E-Mix procedure had greater sensitivity than conventional cell culture, but RT-PCR was the most sensitive technique with this type of specimen. The RT-PCR methods performed equally. ..
- Buckley C, Barrett J, Asminkin Y. Reproductive and sexual health among young adults in Uzbekistan. Stud Fam Plann. 2004;35:1-14 pubmed..The example of Uzbekistan reveals pathways by which reproductive health efforts may continue to be compartmentalized, decreasing their potential contributions to sexual health, especially among young adults. ..
- Shidham G, Hebert L. Timed urine collections are not needed to measure urine protein excretion in clinical practice. Am J Kidney Dis. 2006;47:8-14 pubmed
- Hargis J, Nakajima S. Resumption of menses with initiation of letrozole after five years of amenorrhea on tamoxifen: caution needed when using tamoxifen followed by aromatase inhibitors. Cancer Invest. 2006;24:174-7 pubmed..Menses resumed following a 2-week course of letrozole. Aromatase inhibitors need to be used with caution in women who stop menstruating following adjuvant chemotherapy or tamoxifen. ..
- Kivisakk P, Tucky B, Wei T, Campbell J, Ransohoff R. Human cerebrospinal fluid contains CD4+ memory T cells expressing gut- or skin-specific trafficking determinants: relevance for immunotherapy. BMC Immunol. 2006;7:14 pubmed
- Atherton D, Leong J, Anand P, Elliot D. Relocation of painful end neuromas and scarred nerves from the zone II territory of the hand. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2007;32:38-44 pubmed
- Sorial E, Valentino J, Given C, Endean E, Minion D. The emergency use of endografts in the carotid circulation to control hemorrhage in potentially contaminated fields. J Vasc Surg. 2007;46:792-8 pubmed..However, more extensive graft coverage may be necessary considering the erosive nature of these processes. ..
- Lambert Falls R, Modugno S. Toxicity of dose-dense docetaxel followed by doxorubicin with cyclophosphamide as adjuvant therapy for breast cancer in a phase II study. Clin Breast Cancer. 2007;7:697-704 pubmed..These phase II findings suggest that dose-dense docetaxel 100 mg/m2 followed by AC is not feasible and, until more studies are conducted, should be restricted to clinical studies. ..
- Levinbook W, Mallett J, Grant Kels J. Laptop computer--associated erythema ab igne. Cutis. 2007;80:319-20 pubmed..A thorough history of patients with suspicious lesions should include questioning for contact with alternative heat sources to avoid an unnecessary workup for this condition. ..
- Batts E, Sanchorawala V, Hegerfeldt Y, Lazarus H. Azotemia associated with use of lenalidomide in plasma cell dyscrasias. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008;49:1108-15 pubmed publisher..We advise careful monitoring of renal function after initiation of lenalidomide in this setting. ..
- Roma A, Varsegi M, Magi Galluzzi C, Ulbright T, Zhou M. The distinction of bronchogenic cyst from metastatic testicular teratoma: a light microscopic and immunohistochemical study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2008;130:265-73 pubmed publisher..Coexpression of CDX-2 and TTF-1 was found in 11 teratomas (32%) but none of the BCs. BCs can be reliably distinguished from teratomas based on the gross, histologic, and immunohistochemical features...
- Armstrong M, Hacein Bey L, Brown H. Cerebroretinal microangiopathy with calcifications and cysts: demonstration of radiological progression. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2009;33:571-2 pubmed publisher..This reveals (1) more profound white matter involvement than that previously reported and (2) growth and shrinkage of cysts over time, which may suggest a more complex pathogenesis than that previously theorized. ..
- Hayes Lattin B, Nichols C. Testicular cancer: a prototypic tumor of young adults. Semin Oncol. 2009;36:432-8 pubmed publisher..The high rate of survival, combined with the need for long-term monitoring for relapse or late effects, demonstrates the challenge of delivering longitudinal care in this mobile and active young adult population. ..
- Donlan W, Lee J. Screening for depression among indigenous Mexican migrant farmworkers using the Patient Health Questionnaire-9. Psychol Rep. 2010;106:419-32 pubmed..The PHQ-9 appears to be culturally relevant for use with Mexicans coming from a variety of indigenous cultures and having very low education and literacy. ..
- Tayo B, Teil M, Tong L, Qin H, Khitrov G, Zhang W, et al. Genetic background of patients from a university medical center in Manhattan: implications for personalized medicine. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19166 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the complexity involved in clinical translation of the results from genome-wide association studies and suggest that in the genomic era conventional racial/ethnic labels are of little value. ..
- Aviv A, Hunt S, Lin J, Cao X, Kimura M, Blackburn E. Impartial comparative analysis of measurement of leukocyte telomere length/DNA content by Southern blots and qPCR. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:e134 pubmed publisher..We discuss the ramifications of these findings with regard to measurements of telomere length/DNA content in epidemiological/clinical circumstances. ..