Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Taiwan
Publications804 found, 100 shown here
- Sun C, Wu M, Chu C, Chou Y, Hsu G, Yang T, et al. Adipocytokine resistin and breast cancer risk. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;123:869-76 pubmed publisher..Adipocytokine resistin may have an adiposity-independent role in breast carcinogenesis. Mechanistic studies to fully elucidate the mechanisms underlying resistin's effects should be pursued in future investigations. ..
- Chang W, Chen S, Huang S, Chang D, Chou L, Sheu B. Strategy of cervical myomectomy under laparoscopy. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:2710-5 pubmed publisher..Surgical treatment of CM is empirically difficult. It is important that the approach be changed according to the location and size of the myoma. ..
- Lee H, Hung C, Wu X, Wu V, Liu K, Wang S, et al. Myocardial ultrasound tissue characterization of patients with primary aldosteronism. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2013;39:54-61 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the severity of fibrosis, as detected by CVIBS, correlates with log-transformed plasma renin activity values. ..
- Liao C, Shen W, Chang C, Chang H, Chen T. Surgical adverse outcomes in patients with schizophrenia: a population-based study. Ann Surg. 2013;257:433-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the urgency revising the protocol of postoperative care for this specific population. ..
- Wang B, Tu C, Liu C, Shih C, Liu C. Single-incision thoracoscopic lobectomy and segmentectomy with radical lymph node dissection. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013;96:977-82 pubmed publisher..9±9.8. Average blood loss was 38.4±25.9 mL. There were no deaths 30 days after surgery, and 2 cases of atelectasis were observed. Single-port VATS lobectomy and segmentectomy is safe and feasible for selected patients. ..
- Lo H, Yang S, Lin H, Bai K, Lee J, Lee T, et al. Does enhanced diabetes management reduce the risk and improve the outcome of tuberculosis?. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2016;20:376-82 pubmed publisher..79 (95%CI 1.05-3.04) among DM-non-p4p and 1.69 (95%CI 0.84-3.40) among non-DM patients, relative to DM-p4p patients. Enhanced case management of DM reduced risk and improved outcomes of TB among patients with DM. ..
- Sheen Chen S, Chen W, Eng H, Sheen C, Chou F, Cheng Y, et al. Bacteriology and antimicrobial choice in hepatolithiasis. Am J Infect Control. 2000;28:298-301 pubmed
- Wong R, Wang J, Hsieh L, Cheng T. XRCC1, CYP2E1 and ALDH2 genetic polymorphisms and sister chromatid exchange frequency alterations amongst vinyl chloride monomer-exposed polyvinyl chloride workers. Arch Toxicol. 2003;77:433-40 pubmed..29) or for controls ( P=0.49). These results suggest that workers with susceptible metabolic and DNA-repair genotypes, may experience an increased risk of DNA damage elicited by VCM exposure. ..
- Wang Y, Hwang J, Lai L, Tsai C, Lin L, Katra R, et al. Coexistence and exercise exacerbation of intraleft ventricular contractile dyssynchrony in hypertensive patients with diastolic heart failure. Am Heart J. 2007;154:278-84 pubmed..37, P = .004). Exercise would aggravate intraventricular dyssynchrony in hypertensive patients with DHF, implicating a potential contribution of systolic dyssynchrony to clinical manifestations. ..
- Yang C, Hung W, Wang S, Kang W, Chen W, Huang Y, et al. Immunoexpression and prognostic role of hTERT and cyclin D1 in urothelial carcinoma. APMIS. 2008;116:309-16 pubmed publisher..0195). In conclusion, this study demonstrated that hTERT and cyclin D1 may be of recurrence predictive value for UC, thus providing clinicians with ancillary information when deciding on suitable therapeutic strategies in UC. ..
- Wu C, Gao H, Chiang C. Malignant amelanotic melanoma developing from an intradermal naevus in a patient with oculocutaneous albinism. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2009;34:e590-3 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemistry using HMB-45 showed intensive positive staining in the deeper dermal tumour cells. Amelanotic malignant melanoma (MM) originating from a pre-existing intradermal naevus was diagnosed...
- Chen Y, Hsiao C, Chen C, Chin C, Liu S, Wu C, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 gene polymorphisms, pulmonary tuberculosis, and natural killer cell counts. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:17 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether the toll-like receptor 2 polymorphisms could influence susceptibility to pulmonary TB, its phenotypes, and blood lymphocyte subsets...
- Su C, Chen T, Chen S, Ghiang W, Wu G, Sun H, et al. Predictive model for bacteremia in adult patients with blood cultures performed at the emergency department: a preliminary report. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2011;44:449-55 pubmed publisher..854 (95% confidence interval, 0.806-0.902) and 0.845 (95% confidence interval, 0.798-0.894), respectively. This simplified scoring system could rapidly identify high-risk patients of bacteremia at the ED. ..
- Liu C, Hong Y, Yang C, Liu S, Gau J, Liu J, et al. Clinicopathologic features and outcome of acute erythroid leukemia based on 2008 revised World Health Organization classification. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:289-94 pubmed publisher..The International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS) for MDS is useful to differentiate the prognosis of erythroleukemia. ..
- Chang I, Chen H, Ma M, Huang W. Anaplastic large cell lymphoma with paraneoplastic leukocytosis: a clinicopathological analysis of five cases. APMIS. 2011;119:794-801 pubmed publisher..5 weeks. The release of G-CSF and TNF-? from lymphoma cells may associate with ALCL presenting with PL, leading to cytokine crisis and even poorer prognosis. ..
- Wang J, Wang M, Kuo W, Chen K, Shih T. Proton MR spectroscopy of normal breasts: Association of risk factors for breast cancer with water and lipid composition of the breast. Magn Reson Imaging. 2016;34:524-8 pubmed publisher..005). In group 3, premenopausal breasts had lower LW2 than their postmenopausal counterparts (P=0.033). Group 3 had narrower LW2 than group 2 (P=0.007). The risk factors for breast cancer were associated with (1)H-MRS parameters. ..
- Chang P, Liou J, Hsieh C, Chao A, Soong Y. Monopolar thermocoagulation in the management of acardiac twins. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2004;19:271-4 pubmed..Monopolar thermocoagulation was an effective and generally available alternative technique to fetal endoscopic surgery for the interruption of vascular communication between acardiac twins. ..
- Li H, Li K, Chen N, Wang C, Liao Y, Wang P. Three-dimensional computed tomography and polysomnography findings after extended uvulopalatal flap surgery for obstructive sleep apnea. Am J Otolaryngol. 2005;26:7-11 pubmed..3-D CT proved that this technique was effective in widening the upper airway by relieving the retropalatal obstruction. ..
- Chen Y, Chen C, Wang S, Chang F, Lee S. Rapid urinary trypsinogen-2 test strip in the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2005;30:243-7 pubmed..A positive test identifies patients in need of further diagnostic measures. The urinary trypsinogen-2 test can be performed in health care units where laboratory testing facilities are not immediately available. ..
- Luo C, Teng M, Chang F, Chang C. Role of CT and endovascular embolization in managing pseudoaneurysms of the internal maxillary artery. J Chin Med Assoc. 2006;69:310-6 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of computed tomography (CT) and endovascular embolization in managing 10 patients with 11 internal maxillary arterial pseudoaneurysms (IMPAs) with acute oronasal hemorrhage...
- Chang L, Huang N, Chou Y, Kao F, Hsieh P, Huang Y. Patterns of combined prescriptions of aspirin-Ginkgo biloba in Taiwan: a population-based study. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2008;33:243-9 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study suggest that there is an increasing trend in co-prescription of aspirin and GBE for Taiwan's elderly population during 1997-2003. This trend is of concern and worthy of note. ..
- Tsai S, Hong C, Liou Y, Yu Y, Chen T. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene is associated with major depression and antidepressant treatment response. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:869-75 pubmed publisher..4 vs. 22.4%, P=0.014). Our findings show, for the first time, that SERPINE1 genetic variants may play a role in MDD susceptibility and in the acute therapeutic response to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. ..
- Yang C, Lu C, Lee F, Hsu W, Lee Y, Lee S. Treatment and outcome of traumatic endophthalmitis in open globe injury with retained intraocular foreign body. Ophthalmologica. 2010;224:79-85 pubmed publisher..Delay of treatment for >24 h was associated with increased risk of traumatic endophthalmitis. ..
- Lee C, Lin Y, Hsu C, Chu S, Tsai S. Movement disorder caused by abuse of veterinary anesthesia containing tiletamine. Am J Emerg Med. 2009;27:1022.e5-6 pubmed publisher..Emergency physicians should have high alert to the diverse presentations of drug abuse. This case again highlights that the association between accessibility of scheduled drugs and health care professionals. ..
- Lin S, Huang S, Lin Y, Wu S, Chang H, Lin T, et al. Engineering adipose tissue from uncultured human adipose stromal vascular fraction on collagen matrix and gelatin sponge scaffolds. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:1489-98 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that new adipose tissue can be regenerated by seeding freshly isolated, uncultured SVF on 3D porous collagen matrix and gelatin sponge scaffolds. ..
- Chen H, Yang S, Chien C, Spielberger J, Hung K, Chung K. Insertion of the ProSealâ„¢ laryngeal mask airway is more successful with the Flexi-Slipâ„¢ stylet than with the introducer. Can J Anaesth. 2011;58:617 pubmed publisher..015 and 8% vs 23%, respectively; PÂ =Â 0.008). Insertion of the PLMA with a Flexi-Slip stylet has a higher success rate at first attempt, requires less time, and results in fewer airway complications than the introducer technique. ..
- Liou T, Chen H, Wang W, Wu S, Lee Y, Yang W, et al. ESR1, FTO, and UCP2 genes interact with bariatric surgery affecting weight loss and glycemic control in severely obese patients. Obes Surg. 2011;21:1758-65 pubmed publisher..The genetic variants in the ESR, FTO, and UCP2 genes may be considered as a screening tool prior to bariatric surgery to help clinicians predict weight loss or glycemic control outcomes for severely obese patients. ..
- Liao A, Li C, Shen K, Chien L, Huang H, Wu T. Loss of lactate dehydrogenase B subunit expression is correlated with tumour progression and independently predicts inferior disease-specific survival in urinary bladder urothelial carcinoma. Pathology. 2011;43:707-12 pubmed publisher..0006) and MeFS (p?=?0.0067) while low LDH-B expression remained prognostically significant for DSS (p?=?0.0401). The above results confirmed the prognostic roles of LDH-B in UBUC. ..
- Lai M, Kuo Y, Kuo H. Intravesical hyaluronic acid for interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome: a comparative randomized assessment of different regimens. Int J Urol. 2013;20:203-7 pubmed publisher..Both groups showed significant improvement in symptom scores and Quality of Life Index. ..
- Lee Y, Liu H, Lee L, Liu C, Lin J, Chao T, et al. The polymorphism of CAG repeats in the androgen receptor gene and breast cancer mortality. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:815-22 pubmed publisher..08; 95% CI, 1.42-6.67, p = 0.004). The CAG polymorphism is not associated with development of breast cancer, but patients with more CAG repeats of the AR gene are prone to poor prognoses. ..
- Wang C, Chang Y, Sheen T. Vascular leiomyoma of the head and neck. Laryngoscope. 2004;114:661-5 pubmed..Imaging study or cytological examination is not helpful for diagnosis. Histological classification is not necessary. Simple excision yields excellent results. ..
- Yang Y, Lien Y, Ho P, Chen C, Chang J, Cheng T, et al. The effects of chewing areca/betel quid with and without cigarette smoking on oral submucous fibrosis and oral mucosal lesions. Oral Dis. 2005;11:88-94 pubmed..A statistically significant association with oral mucosal lesions and OSF was still found in the group of areca/betel quid chewing only. ..
- Cheng Y, Lin C, Liu H, Hsu Y, Lim K, Hung D, et al. Expertise modulates the perception of pain in others. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1708-13 pubmed
- Yang M, Kuo M, Ou T, Chen H. Primary Sjögren's syndrome with minimal change disease--a case report. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2011;27:190-4 pubmed publisher..The patient's nephrotic syndrome resolved after treatment with corticosteroids. To our knowledge, this is the first report of minimal change disease in a patient with pSS. ..
- Chen S, Lu C, Huang C, Chuang Y, Tsai N, Chang C, et al. Ultrasonographic median nerve cross-section areas measured by 8-point "inching test" for idiopathic carpal tunnel syndrome: a correlation of nerve conduction study severity and duration of clinical symptoms. BMC Med Imaging. 2011;11:22 pubmed publisher
- Kuo S, Yang Y, Kuo P, Tseng C, Tzeng Y. Trajectories of depressive symptoms and fatigue among postpartum women. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2012;41:216-226 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differentiation between depressive symptoms and fatigue is possible and important for improving care during the early postpartum period. ..
- Tsai J, Li C, Kao Y, Wang J, Fang F, Wang Y, et al. Recurrent amplification at 7q21.2 Targets CDK6 gene in primary myxofibrosarcomas and identifies CDK6 overexpression as an independent adverse prognosticator. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:2716-25 pubmed publisher..Previously, we demonstrated the implication of MET overexpression, prompting us to further elucidate the roles of CDK6 in myxofibrosarcomas...
- Hsu C, Kao J, Chao Y, Lin H, Fan Y, Huang C, et al. Interferon-based therapy reduces risk of stroke in chronic hepatitis C patients: a population-based cohort study in Taiwan. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013;38:415-23 pubmed publisher..Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection has been linked to an increased risk of insulin resistance and carotid atherosclerosis...
- Chen M, Wu W, Yen A, Fann J, Chen S, Chiu S, et al. Body mass index and breast cancer: analysis of a nation-wide population-based prospective cohort study on 1 393 985 Taiwanese women. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016;40:524-30 pubmed publisher..The link between obesity and risk of breast cancer in Asian women is still elusive. We aimed to investigate the effect of BMI on the risk of incident breast cancer in Taiwanese women...
- Ulusal B, Lin Y, Ulusal A, Lin C, Yen J. Reconstruction of foot defects with free lateral arm fasciocutaneous flaps: analysis of fifty patients. Microsurgery. 2005;25:581-8 pubmed..Free lateral arm flaps provided excellent durability, with solid bony union and successful restoration of the contour of the foot in moderate-sized foot defects. ..
- Hu S, Chen G, Wu C, Chai C, Chen W, Lan C. Pigmented eccrine poromas: expression of melanocyte-stimulating cytokines by tumour cells does not always result in melanocyte colonization. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008;22:303-10 pubmed publisher..Although eccrine poroma (EP) occurs preferentially in palmoplantar areas, pigmented variants of EP have not been documented on the palms and soles...
- Lee C, Liu C, Wen C, Chang S, Hwu H. Genetic copy number variants in sib pairs both affected with schizophrenia. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17:2 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the high genetic loading of CNVs may be the underlying cause of negative symptoms of schizophrenia, and the CNS-related genes revealed by this study warrant further investigation. ..
- Liu C, Chen K, Chen H, Huang H, Ko M, Li C. Trends in hospitalization for diabetic ketoacidosis in diabetic patients in Taiwan: analysis of national claims data, 1997-2005. J Formos Med Assoc. 2010;109:725-34 pubmed publisher..More aggressive diabetic care programs aimed at young female patients should be considered to reduce this emergency and possibly fatal diabetic complications. ..
- Yang S, Yang T, Chen K, Li Y, Hsu K, Tsai C, et al. EGFR L858R mutation and polymorphisms of genes related to estrogen biosynthesis and metabolism in never-smoking female lung adenocarcinoma patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2149-58 pubmed publisher..0002 for trend). The L858R mutation of EGFR is associated with polymorphisms of genes related to estrogen biosynthesis and metabolism in never-smoking female lung adenocarcinoma patients. ..
- Tseng L, Tseng P, Liang W, Hung D, Tzeng O, Muggleton N, et al. The role of superior temporal sulcus in the control of irrelevant emotional face processing: A transcranial direct current stimulation study. Neuropsychologia. 2014;64:124-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, rSTS played a critical role in processing facial expressions even when such expressions were not relevant to the task goal, implying that facial expressions and processing may be automatic irrespective of the task goal. ..
- Ling L, Hung S, Tseng S, Chen Y, Chi L, Wu K, et al. Association between betel quid chewing, periodontal status and periodontal pathogens. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2001;16:364-9 pubmed..actinomycetemcomitans and P. gingivalis. ..
- Jeng Y, Sung M, Fang C, Huang H, Mao T, Cheng W, et al. Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma and nasopharyngeal-type undifferentiated carcinoma: two clinically, biologically, and histopathologically distinct entities. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:371-6 pubmed..The most important criteria for PSNPC are vesicular nuclei, syncytial pattern, spindle cells, and absence of necrosis. ..
- Chen Y, Pai L, Lin Y, Wang H, Hsiung M. Fat augmentation for nonparalytic glottic insufficiency. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2003;65:176-83 pubmed..Fat injection is an effective autogenous implant and may be considered as an option in the treatment of patients with vocal atrophy or sulcus vocalis. Although fat reabsorption was a problem, repeating the procedure could be considered. ..
- Tsai S, Hong C, Yu Y, Chen T. Association study of a brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) Val66Met polymorphism and personality trait and intelligence in healthy young females. Neuropsychobiology. 2004;49:13-6 pubmed..In contrast to a recent report, however, this polymorphism does not appear to be associated with the neuroticism-related personality trait. ..
- Fan C, Liao C, Wu M, Su K, Han B. Seroepidemiology of Toxoplasma gondii infection among Chinese aboriginal and Han people residing in mountainous areas of northern Thailand. J Parasitol. 2003;89:1239-42 pubmed..1, 95% CI = 0.0 to 0.4, P < 0.001). Ethnically, Yau aboriginal populations had a significantly higher seroprevalence than did the Akka aborigines and Han people (P < 0.001). ..
- Wang J, Chang Y, Lee L, Chen J, Tang J, Yang P, et al. Diffuse pulmonary infiltrates after bone marrow transplantation: the role of open lung biopsy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:267-72 pubmed..Respiratory failure and acute graft-versus-host disease were poor prognostic factors. By establishing a correct diagnosis, open lung biopsy led to treatment changes in about two-thirds of these patients. ..
- Chan K, Wu C, Huang S. Carcinoid tumor of the middle ear: a case report. Am J Otolaryngol. 2005;26:57-9 pubmed..The patient's initial symptoms of otalgia, aural fullness, and hearing loss immediately improved after surgery, and facial palsy diminished in the following months. No recurrence was noted after 12 months of follow-up...
- Lin H, Tsai C, Chen Y, Liang J. Influence of diabetes mellitus on deep neck infection. J Laryngol Otol. 2006;120:650-4 pubmed..Diabetic DNI differs from non-diabetic DNI in several aspects and is associated with a higher morbidity. A greater than normal haemoglobin A1c level was commonly observed. ..
- Lu S, Huang C. Resolution of an active peri-implantitis in a chronic steroid user by bone augmentation with PepGen P-15 and a barrier membrane. J Oral Implantol. 2007;33:280-7 pubmed
- Wu K, Rayner C, Chuah S, Changchien C, Lu S, Chiu Y, et al. Effects of ginger on gastric emptying and motility in healthy humans. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;20:436-40 pubmed publisher..Ginger accelerates gastric emptying and stimulates antral contractions in healthy volunteers. These effects could potentially be beneficial in symptomatic patient groups. ..
- Chang C, Yen D, Yu S, Liu R, Chang H, Hsieh H, et al. Unilateral thalamic hypometabolism in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy. J Formos Med Assoc. 2008;107:567-71 pubmed publisher..However, in rare cases, hypometabolism of the contralateral thalamus can occur and cause false lateralization. ..
- Wang M, Hsu M, Chien L, Kao C, Liu C. Effects of auricular acupressure on menstrual symptoms and nitric oxide for women with primary dysmenorrhea. J Altern Complement Med. 2009;15:235-42 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of auricular acupressure on relieving menstrual symptoms and decreasing nitric oxide (NO) for women with primary dysmenorrhea...
- Wu W, Ke H, Yang Y, Li C, Chou Y, Huang C. Should patients with primary upper urinary tract cancer receive prophylactic intravesical chemotherapy after nephroureterectomy?. J Urol. 2010;183:56-61 pubmed publisher..Patients should receive prophylactic intravesical chemotherapy after nephroureterectomy. ..
- Lee C, Chang C, Lee Y, Tai C, Wang W, Tseng P, et al. Narrow-band imaging with magnifying endoscopy for the screening of esophageal cancer in patients with primary head and neck cancers. Endoscopy. 2010;42:613-9 pubmed publisher..The result warrants conducting prospective randomized controlled study to confirm its efficacy. ..
- Liao E, Ho C, Lin M, Tsai J. Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Tyrophagus putrescentiae allergy in allergic rhinitis caused by cross-reactivity not dual-sensitization. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:830-9 pubmed publisher..pteronyssinus and T. putrescentiae...
- Su F, Chen C, Chen Y, Wu Y. LINGO-2 polymorphism and the risk of Parkinson's disease in Taiwan. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2012;18:609-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the LINGO-2 variant rs109668280 does not contribute to the risk of developing PD in Taiwan. ..
- Lin W, Hsu T, Chen C, Wu C, Lu C, Chen H, et al. Connectivity of default-mode network is associated with cerebral edema in hepatic encephalopathy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36986 pubmed publisher..Through appropriate targets, rs-fMRI technology may provide relevant supplemental information for monitoring HE and serve as a new biomarker for clinical diagnosis. ..
- Lin C, Pan C, Liu H, Chuang C, Jayakumar T, Wang T, et al. The role of protein-bound uremic toxins on peripheral artery disease and vascular access failure in patients on hemodialysis. Atherosclerosis. 2012;225:173-9 pubmed publisher..02). This study shows that the serum levels of PCS and IS were associated with PAD and total PCS could be a valuable determinant of access viability other than traditional or nontraditional risk factors in HD patients. ..
- Liou J, Chen C, Chang C, Chen M, Fang Y, Lee J, et al. Efficacy of genotypic resistance-guided sequential therapy in the third-line treatment of refractory Helicobacter pylori infection: a multicentre clinical trial. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013;68:450-6 pubmed publisher..A simple molecular method guiding sequential therapy can achieve a high eradication rate in the third-line treatment of refractory H. pylori infection. ..
- Lan J, Tai H, Lee S, Chen T, Huang H, Li C. Deficiency in expression and epigenetic DNA Methylation of ASS1 gene in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: negative prognostic impact and therapeutic relevance. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:161-9 pubmed publisher..This aberration may render pegylated arginine deiminase as a promising strategy for ASS1-deficient NPCs. ..
- Chang D, Ma H, Liao W, Huang M, Wu P. Atypical Lipomatous Tumors of the Extremities and Trunk Wall-The First Case Series of Chinese Population With 45 Cases. Ann Plast Surg. 2016;76 Suppl 1:S8-12 pubmed publisher..Wide resection had similar recurrence rates to marginal resection, but it might lead to more complications. Therefore, marginal resection is considered appropriate for the treatment of ALTs. ..
- Hou H, Liu C, Kuo Y, Chou W, Tsai C, Lin C, et al. Splicing factor mutations predict poor prognosis in patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9084-101 pubmed publisher..These mutations may be potential targets for novel treatment and biomarkers for disease monitoring in AML. ..
- Wong R, Chen P, Du C, Wang J, Cheng T. An increased standardised mortality ratio for liver cancer among polyvinyl chloride workers in Taiwan. Occup Environ Med. 2002;59:405-9 pubmed..82). Medical records indicated that most liver cancers in this study were hepatocellular carcinoma. Polyvinyl chloride workers may experience a higher risk of developing liver cancer, particularly hepatocelluar carcinoma. ..
- Chen K, Twu S, Chang H, Lin R. Outbreak of Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis associated with mebendazole and metronidazole use among Filipino laborers in Taiwan. Am J Public Health. 2003;93:489-92 pubmed..This study sought to identify the risk factors associated with an outbreak of Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis (SJS/TEN) among Filipino laborers in Taiwan...
- Wu M, Liu C, Ho C, Wu T. Genetic polymorphism of p53 and XRCC1 in cervical intraepithelial neoplasm in Taiwanese women. J Formos Med Assoc. 2004;103:337-43 pubmed..The joint effect of p53 and XRCC1 polymorphisms remained insignificant. Our data suggest that p53 codon 72 and XRRC1 codon 194, 280 and 399 genotypes do not influence CIN risk in the Taiwanese population. ..
- Yang C, Hsieh S, Ho F, Lin W. Decoy receptor 3 increases monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells via NF-kappa B-dependent up-regulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1, VCAM-1, and IL-8 expression. J Immunol. 2005;174:1647-56 pubmed..This novel action appears not to be due to TL1A neutralization, but occurs through an as yet undefined target(s). This study implicates DcR3 in the relationship between inflammation and cancer development. ..
- Huang T, Cheng Y, Tzao C, Hung C, Hsu H, Chen J, et al. Factors related to primary bilateral spontaneous pneumothorax. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;55:310-2 pubmed..724). PSBP was significantly more frequent in patients with a lower BMI and among smokers. These patients require extended hospitalization and vigilant treatment. ..
- Chang S, Huang Y, Yang C, Hu S, Hong H. Clinical manifestations and characteristics of patients with acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis in Asia. Acta Derm Venereol. 2008;88:363-5 pubmed publisher..05). In addition, if the patients were subdivided by aetiology into those strongly associated with or not strongly associated with systemic drugs, a significant difference was found in age of onset between the 2 groups (p<0.01). ..
- Wang F, Tu M, Chuang H, Yu H, Cheng L, Hsu P. Erosive esophagitis in asymptomatic subjects: risk factors. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:1320-4 pubmed publisher..3, 95% CI, 1.3-4.2; BMI >30: OR, 3.8, 95% CI, 1.3-10.9) were independent predictors of erosive esophagitis. Our data revealed male gender and high BMI are independent risk factors for asymptomatic erosive esophagitis. ..
- Huang C, Wang H, Wang P, Wu Y, Yang M, Chen L, et al. Mean grey value is lower in endometriomas: differentiating a hypoechogenic adnexal cyst by 3-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound--a preliminary study. J Chin Med Assoc. 2011;74:75-80 pubmed publisher..MGV might be useful to differentiate an endometrioma from other homogeneous hypoechogenic adnexal cysts. ..
- Huang G, Yu J, Munshi M, Chan W, Lee C, Chen C, et al. Avulsion fracture of the head of the fibula (the "arcuate" sign): MR imaging findings predictive of injuries to the posterolateral ligaments and posterior cruciate ligament. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003;180:381-7 pubmed..Avulsion fractures are strongly associated with disruption of the posterior cruciate ligament. ..
- Cheng S, Liu C. Rectus sheath hematoma after acupuncture. J Emerg Med. 2005;29:101-2 pubmed
- Lin C, Hwu W, Chiang S, Tai C, Wu R. Lack of mutations in spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 and 3 genes in a Taiwanese (ethnic Chinese) cohort of familial and early-onset parkinsonism. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:434-8 pubmed..PD patients without autosomal dominant family history or obvious cerebellar ataxia should not be candidates for routine screening of SCA2 or SCA3 mutations for cost-effectiveness. ..
- Chang S, Sun H, Ji D, Lo Y, Wu C, Wu P, et al. Cost-effectiveness of detection of intestinal amebiasis by using serology and specific-amebic-antigen assays among persons with or without human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:3077-9 pubmed publisher..histolytica infection. ..
- Chiang D, Wang C, Kuo H, Chen H, Chen T, Wang F, et al. Risk factors for mortality in patients with Acinetobacter baumannii bloodstream infection with genotypic species identification. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2008;41:397-402 pubmed..baumannii bloodstream infection. Physicians should be aware of patients with poor prognostic factors and initiate prompt strategies, including appropriate antimicrobial therapy, in order to reduce mortality. ..
- Lai M, Huang S, Hsu C, Chang M, Liaw Y, Yeh C. Identification of nonsense mutations in hepatitis B virus S gene in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma developed after lamivudine therapy. Antivir Ther. 2009;14:249-61 pubmed..HCCs developed in lamivudine-treated patients who frequently carried nonsense mutations in the S gene. Such pre-S/S mutants are potentially oncogenic and might counteract the effect of lamivudine in preventing hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Lin C, Bai Y, Wang Y, Chen T, Lai I, Chen J, et al. Improved body weight and metabolic outcomes in overweight or obese psychiatric patients switched to amisulpride from other atypical antipsychotics. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;29:529-36 pubmed publisher..2% to 30.4% (McNemar test, P < 0.0005). These findings suggest that switching to amisulpride could be an effective treatment of overweight or obese psychiatric patients treated previously with other SGAs. ..
- Tai D, Tsay P, Chen W, Chu C, Liaw Y. Relative roles of HBsAg seroclearance and mortality in the decline of HBsAg prevalence with increasing age. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:1102-9 pubmed publisher..19% per year at ages 70-74 years. The HBsAg seroclearance over mortality rate was 5.6 in this cohort. This suggests that HBsAg seroclearance is the main reason for decreasing HBsAg prevalence with increasing age in the population. ..
- Pan C, Chang Y, Chen K, Yu H, Sun C, Ho D. Prognostic significance of the 2004 WHO/ISUP classification for prediction of recurrence, progression, and cancer-specific mortality of non-muscle-invasive urothelial tumors of the urinary bladder: a clinicopathologic study of 1,515 cases. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010;133:788-95 pubmed publisher
- Hsu P, Wu D, Wu J, Graham D. Modified sequential Helicobacter pylori therapy: proton pump inhibitor and amoxicillin for 14 days with clarithromycin and metronidazole added as a quadruple (hybrid) therapy for the final 7 days. Helicobacter. 2011;16:139-45 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed 1, in regions with different patterns and frequencies of resistance to confirm these findings, and 2, to examine whether Grade A success is maintained with hybrid therapy shorter than 14 days. ..
- Kao T, Wang J, Weng C, Chen Y, Chang S. In vitro activity of linezolid, tigecycline, and daptomycin on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus blood isolates from adult patients, 2006-2008: stratified analysis by vancomycin MIC. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2011;44:346-51 pubmed publisher..ST239 remained predominant during the 3-year period but with a significant trend of declining. Moreover, linezolid, tigecycline, and daptomycin remained highly active against MRSA blood isolates, even with a vancomycin MIC of 2 mg/L. ..
- Chen C, Chou W, Tsay W, Tang J, Yao M, Huang S, et al. Hierarchical cluster analysis of immunophenotype classify AML patients with NPM1 gene mutation into two groups with distinct prognosis. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:107 pubmed publisher..001 and OS, p?=?0.017). Among NPM1-mutated AML, the antigen expression pattern of HLADR(+) CD34(+) CD7(+) is associated with a poor prognosis, independent to the FLT3-ITD mutation. ..
- Chien M, Liu Y, Hsin C, Lin C, Shih C, Yang S, et al. Impact of VEGF-C gene polymorphisms and environmental factors on oral cancer susceptibility in Taiwan. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60283 pubmed publisher..Gene-environmental interactions among VEGF-C polymorphisms, smoking, and betel-quid chewing might alter one's susceptibility to oral cancer. ..