Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Switzerland
Publications1046 found, 100 shown here
- Weber D, Rutz H, Lomax A, Schneider U, Lombriser N, Zenhausern R, et al. First spinal axis segment irradiation with spot-scanning proton beam delivered in the treatment of a lumbar primitive neuroectodermal tumour. Case report and review of the literature. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2004;16:326-31 pubmed
- Mataftsi A, Schorderet D, Chachoua L, Boussalah M, Nouri M, Barthelmes D, et al. Novel TULP1 mutation causing leber congenital amaurosis or early onset retinal degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:5160-7 pubmed..This study provides the first description of FAF and quantitative reflectivity profiles in TULP1-related retinopathy. ..
- Baty F, Facompre M, Kaiser S, Schumacher M, Pless M, Bubendorf L, et al. Gene profiling of clinical routine biopsies and prediction of survival in non-small cell lung cancer. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:181-8 pubmed publisher..Integration of functional genomics from small bronchoscopic biopsies allows molecular tumor classification and prediction of survival in NSCLC and might become a powerful adjunct for the daily clinical practice. ..
- Prior J, Allenbach G, Valenta I, Kosinski M, Burger C, Verdun F, et al. Quantification of myocardial blood flow with 82Rb positron emission tomography: clinical validation with 15O-water. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012;39:1037-47 pubmed publisher..82)Rb-derived MBF estimates seem robust for clinical research, advancing a step further towards its implementation in clinical routine. ..
- Riener M, Thiesler T, Hellerbrand C, Amann T, Cathomas G, Fritzsche F, et al. Loss of anterior gradient-2 expression is an independent prognostic factor in colorectal carcinomas. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1722-1730 pubmed publisher..AGR2 is frequently lost in colorectal carcinomas and might be a novel independent prognostic factor for overall patient survival. ..
- Modarressi A, Müller C, Montet X, Rüegg E, Pittet Cuenod B. DIEP flap for breast reconstruction: Is abdominal fat thickness associated with post-operative complications?. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:1068-1075 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these factors should not be considered as contraindication criteria. ..
- Vollenweider F, Vontobel P, Oye I, Hell D, Leenders K. Effects of (S)-ketamine on striatal dopamine: a [11C]raclopride PET study of a model psychosis in humans. J Psychiatr Res. 2000;34:35-43 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the glutamatergic NMDA receptor may contribute to psychotic symptom formation via modulation of the DA system...
- Serrien D, Wiesendanger M. Bimanual organization of manipulative forces: evidence from erroneous feedforward programming of precision grip. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;13:1825-32 pubmed..These data indicate that the grip-load force ratio is the controlled variable for bimanual manipulative behaviour. ..
- Mhawech P, Kinkel K, Vlastos G, Pelte M. Ovarian carcinomas in endometriosis: an immunohistochemical and comparative genomic hybridization study. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2002;21:401-6 pubmed..However, our results are limited by the number of cases examined and a definite conclusion on the pathogenesis of this process should be followed by future studies with a larger number of cases. ..
- Martin J, Wetzel S, Seium Y, Dietrich P, Somon T, Gailloud P, et al. Percutaneous vertebroplasty in metastatic disease: transpedicular access and treatment of lysed pedicles--initial experience. Radiology. 2003;229:593-7 pubmed..In all cases, a radiologically satisfactory filling of both the affected pedicle and the vertebral body was achieved. Clinically effective pain relief was obtained in 24 (75%) of 32 patients, and no clinical complications were observed. ..
- Bersinger N, Ødegård R. Second- and third-trimester serum levels of placental proteins in preeclampsia and small-for-gestational age pregnancies. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004;83:37-45 pubmed
- Grunder G, Zysset Aschmann Y, Vollenweider F, Maier T, Krahenbuhl S, Drewe J. Lack of pharmacokinetic interaction between linezolid and antacid in healthy volunteers. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006;50:68-72 pubmed..This demonstrates that the oral absorption of linezolid was not affected by the presence of antacids containing magnesium hydroxide and aluminum hydroxide. Antacids can be safely administered together with linezolid. ..
- Kickuth R, Anderson S, Kocovic L, Ludwig K, Siebenrock K, Triller J. Endovascular treatment of arterial injury as an uncommon complication after orthopedic surgery. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2006;17:791-9 pubmed..Selective and superselective catheter therapy may be used for effective, minimally invasive management of rare but potentially life-threatening vascular complications after orthopedic surgery. ..
- Baierlein S, Wistop A, Looser C, Peters T, Riehle H, von Flüe M, et al. Abdominal actinomycosis: a rare complication after laparoscopic gastric bypass. Obes Surg. 2007;17:1123-6 pubmed
- Nahum L, Ptak R, Leemann B, Lalive P, Schnider A. Behaviorally spontaneous confabulation in limbic encephalitis: the roles of reality filtering and strategic monitoring. J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2010;16:995-1005 pubmed publisher..We also emphasize the need to present theories of confabulation together with experimental tasks that allow one to empirically verify the theories and to explore underlying physiological mechanisms...
- Gantenbein Ritter B, Benneker L, Alini M, Grad S. Differential response of human bone marrow stromal cells to either TGF-?(1) or rhGDF-5. Eur Spine J. 2011;20:962-71 pubmed publisher..Therefore, KRT-19 and aggrecan/collagen II ratio may be potential markers to distinguish chondrogenic from "discogenic" differentiation. ..
- Steinemann D, Raptis D, Lurje G, Oberkofler C, Wyss R, Zehnder A, et al. Cosmesis and body image after single-port laparoscopic or conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a multicenter double blinded randomised controlled trial (SPOCC-trial). BMC Surg. 2011;11:24 pubmed publisher..The SPOCC-trial is a prospective, multi-center, double-blind, randomized controlled study to assess cosmesis and body image after SPLC. (clinicaltrial.gov): NCT 01278472. ..
- Jancke L, Langer N. A strong parietal hub in the small-world network of coloured-hearing synaesthetes during resting state EEG. J Neuropsychol. 2011;5:178-202 pubmed publisher..A further important point is that these hub regions are even differently operating at rest supporting the idea that these hub characteristics are predetermining factors of coloured-hearing synaesthesia. ..
- Abela E, Missimer J, Wiest R, Federspiel A, Hess C, Sturzenegger M, et al. Lesions to primary sensory and posterior parietal cortices impair recovery from hand paresis after stroke. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31275 pubmed publisher..Whereas lesions to these areas influence recovery outcome, lesions to the primary motor cortex affect recovery dynamics. This points to a possible dissociation of neural substrates for different aspects of post-stroke recovery. ..
- Mutschler J, von Zitzewitz F, Rossler W, Grosshans M. Application of electronic diaries in patients with schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. Psychiatr Danub. 2012;24:206-10 pubmed
- Kamtchoua T, Bologa M, Hopfer R, Neveu D, Hu B, Sheng X, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of the pneumococcal pneumolysin derivative PlyD1 in a single-antigen protein vaccine candidate in adults. Vaccine. 2013;31:327-33 pubmed publisher..Repeat vaccination significantly increased the level of anti-PlyD1 antibodies. Functional antibody activity was demonstrated in sera from vaccinated individuals (ClinicalTrials.gov no. NCT01444352). ..
- O Flaherty M, Aissi W, Bandosz P, Altun D, Achour N, Aissi W, et al. Contrasting cardiovascular mortality trends in Eastern Mediterranean populations: Contributions from risk factor changes and treatments. Int J Cardiol. 2016;208:150-61 pubmed publisher..However, smoking prevalence remains very high in men; obesity and diabetes levels are rising dramatically. ..
- Dinkel H, Danuser H, Triller J. Blunt renal trauma: minimally invasive management with microcatheter embolization experience in nine patients. Radiology. 2002;223:723-30 pubmed..None of the patients developed abscess, hypertension, or procedure-related impairment of renal function. Superselective embolization may be used for effective, minimally invasive control of active renovascular bleeding. ..
- Salvi G, Mombelli A, Mayfield L, Rutar A, Suvan J, Garrett S, et al. Local antimicrobial therapy after initial periodontal treatment. J Clin Periodontol. 2002;29:540-50 pubmed..Furthermore, when sites treated with Atridox were compared with sites treated with Elyzol, a significant difference in mean PAL gain (0.3 mm) was observed. ..
- Bergquist N. Schistosomiasis: from risk assessment to control. Trends Parasitol. 2002;18:309-14 pubmed
- Young J, Bucher H, Tschudi P, Périat P, Hugenschmidt C, Welge Lüssen A. The clinical diagnosis of acute bacterial rhinosinusitis in general practice and its therapeutic consequences. J Clin Epidemiol. 2003;56:377-84 pubmed..These contradictory results are a salutary reminder that diagnostic indicators need to be evaluated in terms of therapeutic consequences for the patient. ..
- Berli B, Schafer D, Morscher E. Ten-year survival of the MS-30 matt-surfaced cemented stem. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005;87:928-33 pubmed..The clinical results were excellent with survivorship after ten years of 100% and only a slightly statistically non-significant higher rate of osteolysis and radiolucency in cases of subsidence. ..
- Wu J, Vlastos A, Pelte M, Caligo M, Bianco A, Krause K, et al. Aberrant expression of BARD1 in breast and ovarian cancers with poor prognosis. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:1215-26 pubmed..These data suggest that genetic and epigenetic changes might lead to elevated cytoplasmic expression of BARD1 and that cytoplasmic BARD1 might be a poor prognostic factor for breast and ovarian cancers. ..
- Steingoetter A, Fox M, Treier R, Weishaupt D, Marincek B, Boesiger P, et al. Effects of posture on the physiology of gastric emptying: a magnetic resonance imaging study. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:1155-64 pubmed..These findings provide support for the hypothesis that the mechanism of gastric emptying resembles a "pressure pump" rather than a "peristaltic pump". ..
- Huguelet P, Mohr S, Jung V, Gillieron C, Brandt P, Borras L. Effect of religion on suicide attempts in outpatients with schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorders compared with inpatients with non-psychotic disorders. Eur Psychiatry. 2007;22:188-94 pubmed..Interventions aiming to lower the number of suicide attempts in patients with schizophrenia should take these data into account. ..
- Rodondi N, Yerly P, Gabriel A, Riesen W, Burnier M, Paccaud F, et al. Microalbuminuria, but not cystatin C, is associated with carotid atherosclerosis in middle-aged adults. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007;22:1107-14 pubmed..Cystatin C does not have a stronger relationship with carotid atherosclerosis in middle-aged adults than creatinine. ..
- Stern M, Elsasser H, Hönger G, Steiger J, Schaub S, Hess C. The number of activating KIR genes inversely correlates with the rate of CMV infection/reactivation in kidney transplant recipients. Am J Transplant. 2008;8:1312-7 pubmed publisher..Also, graft function and the rate-rejection episodes were similar in KIR A/A and KIR B/X genotype individuals. This study supports a role for activating KIR in the control of CMV infection after kidney transplantation. ..
- Kempf W, Ostheeren Michaelis S, Paulli M, Lucioni M, Wechsler J, Audring H, et al. Granulomatous mycosis fungoides and granulomatous slack skin: a multicenter study of the Cutaneous Lymphoma Histopathology Task Force Group of the European Organization For Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC). Arch Dermatol. 2008;144:1609-17 pubmed publisher..We studied 19 patients with granulomatous CTCLs to further characterize the clinicopathological, therapeutic, and prognostic features...
- Meyer A, Weissen Schelling S, Munsch S, Margraf J. Initial development and reliability of a motivation for weight loss scale. Obes Facts. 2010;3:205-11 pubmed publisher..It should be further tested whether using this questionnaire as a pretreatment assessment device will help in tailoring treatments to individuals, thereby increasing treatment adherence and success. ..
- Knechtle B, Knechtle P, Rosemann T. Low prevalence of exercise-associated hyponatremia in male 100 km ultra-marathon runners in Switzerland. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2011;111:1007-16 pubmed publisher..To conclude, the prevalence of EAH was low at ~5% in these male 100 km ultra-marathoners. EAH was asymptomatic and would not have been detected without the measurement of plasma [Na(+)]. ..
- Nüesch E, Dieppe P, Reichenbach S, Williams S, Iff S, Juni P. All cause and disease specific mortality in patients with knee or hip osteoarthritis: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2011;342:d1165 pubmed publisher..Management of patients with osteoarthritis and walking disability should focus on effective treatment of cardiovascular risk factors and comorbidities, as well as on increasing physical activity. ..
- Adam A, Faouzi M, Gaume J, Gmel G, Daeppen J, Bertholet N. Age of first alcohol intoxication: association with risky drinking and other substance use at the age of 20. Swiss Med Wkly. 2011;141:w13226 pubmed publisher..As such, age at first intoxication may be used to identify vulnerable individuals in a clinical prevention setting. ..
- Soyka M, Helten B, Cleves M, Schmidt P. High rehospitalization rate in alcohol-induced psychotic disorder. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2013;263:309-13 pubmed publisher..More follow-up studies are needed to elucidate this syndrome...
- Hönger G, Fornaro I, Granado C, Tiercy J, Hösli I, Schaub S. Frequency and determinants of pregnancy-induced child-specific sensitization. Am J Transplant. 2013;13:746-53 pubmed publisher..The number of mismatched HLA-A/B/C eplets strongly correlated with the rate of child-specific class I sensitization. ..
- Vital D, Krayenbuhl N, Bozinov O, Holzmann D. Access to the crista galli and the foramen caecum in nasal dermal sinus cysts - lessons learned in a single tertiary care centre. Rhinology. 2013;51:47-53 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to describe the evolution to this approach and compare the results with those achieved with our experience of more traditional techniques...
- Neuenschwander Schüpbach A, Wetzel A, Lopatin D, Lang N. Application of BANA during experimental gingivitis. Application of N-alpha-benzoyl-DL-arginine 2 naphtilamide (BANA) hydrolysis to identify periodontopathic environments during experimental gingivitis in man. Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed. 1992;102:1315-20 pubmed..However, specificity was only 61% and the sensitivity was 41.7%...
- Bersinger N, Leporrier N, Herrou M, Leymarie P. Maternal serum pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A) but not pregnancy-specific beta1-glycoprotein (SP1) is a useful second-trimester marker for fetal trisomy 18. Prenat Diagn. 1999;19:537-41 pubmed
- Schindler K, Gast H, Bassetti C, Wiest R, Fritschi J, Meyer K, et al. Hyperperfusion of anterior cingulate gyrus in a case of paroxysmal nocturnal dystonia. Neurology. 2001;57:917-20 pubmed..These results support earlier electrophysiologic investigations by others suggesting that anterior cingulate epilepsy may manifest as nocturnal paroxysmal dystonia, and illustrate the usefulness of computer-assisted SPECT analysis...
- Bianchi S, Martinoli C, Keller A, Bianchi Zamorani M. Giant iliopsoas bursitis: sonographic findings with magnetic resonance correlations. J Clin Ultrasound. 2002;30:437-41 pubmed..Giant iliopsoas bursitis secondary to hip involvement in rheumatoid arthritis was diagnosed on the basis of the sonographic findings. This diagnosis was confirmed by MRI. ..
- Baumgartner R, Sidler C, Mosso M, Georgiadis D. Ischemic lacunar stroke in patients with and without potential mechanism other than small-artery disease. Stroke. 2003;34:653-9 pubmed..01). Our data suggest that patients with non-SAD lacunar strokes have a worse clinical outcome and a higher prevalence of large cerebral and coronary artery disease than patients with SAD lacunar strokes. ..
- Ferrer Alcon M, García Fuster M, La Harpe R, García Sevilla J. Long-term regulation of signalling components of adenylyl cyclase and mitogen-activated protein kinase in the pre-frontal cortex of human opiate addicts. J Neurochem. 2004;90:220-30 pubmed..The abnormalities of MAPK signalling might have important consequences in the long term development of various forms of neural plasticity associated with opiate addiction in humans. ..
- Imhof A, Ledergerber B, Gunthard H, Haupts S, Weber R. Risk factors for and outcome of hyperlactatemia in HIV-infected persons: is there a need for routine lactate monitoring?. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;41:721-8 pubmed..Long-term follow-up is needed to investigate the risk of novel treatment regimens for hyperlactatemia. ..
- Tüller D, Steiner M, Wahl A, Kabok M, Seiler C. Systolic right ventricular function assessment by pulsed wave tissue Doppler imaging of the tricuspid annulus. Swiss Med Wkly. 2005;135:461-8 pubmed..Thresholds of 12 and 9 cm/s allow differentiation between normal, moderately reduced and severely reduced RV ejection fraction. ..
- Angehrn F, Kuhn C, Voss A. Can cellulite be treated with low-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy?. Clin Interv Aging. 2007;2:623-30 pubmed..Improving device-parameters and therapy regimes will be essential for future development of a scientific based approach to cellulite treatment. ..
- Mueller G, De Groot S, van der Woude L, Hopman M. Time-courses of lung function and respiratory muscle pressure generating capacity after spinal cord injury: a prospective cohort study. J Rehabil Med. 2008;40:269-76 pubmed publisher..In particular, expiratory muscle function and subjects with tetraplegia should be screened and trained regularly. ..
- Clijsen R, Taeymans J, Duquet W, Barel A, Clarys P. Changes of skin characteristics during and after local Parafango therapy as used in physiotherapy. Skin Res Technol. 2008;14:237-42 pubmed publisher..The cardiovascular parameters were only slightly influenced and remained in the physiological range. Fango application seems not to be too demanding for the cardiovascular system in healthy subjects. ..
- Herzog C, Hartmann K, Künzi V, Kürsteiner O, Mischler R, Lazar H, et al. Eleven years of Inflexal V-a virosomal adjuvanted influenza vaccine. Vaccine. 2009;27:4381-7 pubmed publisher..This review presents and discusses the experience with Inflexal V during the past decade. ..
- von Kanel R, Natarajan L, Ancoli Israel S, Mills P, Loredo J, Dimsdale J. Day/Night rhythm of hemostatic factors in obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep. 2010;33:371-7 pubmed..The findings provide some evidence for a prothrombotic state in OSA, but were only partially independent of metabolic variables. ..
- Gosert R, Kardas P, Major E, Hirsch H. Rearranged JC virus noncoding control regions found in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy patient samples increase virus early gene expression and replication rate. J Virol. 2010;84:10448-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that naturally occurring JCV rr-NCCR variants from PML patients confer increased early gene expression and higher replication rates compared to those of at-NCCR JCV and thereby increase cytopathology. ..
- Naranjo J, Wang X, Schulte Mönting J, Huethe F, Maurer C, Hepp Reymond M, et al. Corticospinal interaction during isometric compensation for modulated forces with different frequencies. BMC Neurosci. 2010;11:157 pubmed publisher..The beta- and gamma-range CMC may be related to interindividual differences and possibly to strategy differences. ..
- Antonini L, Luder H. Discoloration of teeth from tetracyclines--even today?. Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed. 2011;121:414-31 pubmed..Three accidentally removed interradicular bony septa revealed that tetracyclines incorporated into alveolar bone remained there for about 2 years, but thereafter disappeared as a result of physiological remodelling. ..
- Teumer A, Tin A, Sorice R, Gorski M, Yeo N, Chu A, et al. Genome-wide Association Studies Identify Genetic Loci Associated With Albuminuria in Diabetes. Diabetes. 2016;65:803-17 pubmed publisher..Relative expression of RAB38 was higher in tubuli of patients with diabetic kidney disease compared with control subjects. The loci identified here confirm known pathways and highlight novel pathways influencing albuminuria. ..
- Seemayer C, Viazov S, Neidhart M, Bruhlmann P, Michel B, Gay R, et al. Prevalence of TTV DNA and GBV-C RNA in patients with systemic sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis does not differ from that in healthy blood donors. Ann Rheum Dis. 2001;60:806-9 pubmed..These data provide no evidence for an association between GBV-C and/or TTV infections and SSc and/or arthritis (RA and OA). ..
- Loss M, Wedler V, Kunzi W, Meuli Simmen C, Meyer V. Artificial skin, split-thickness autograft and cultured autologous keratinocytes combined to treat a severe burn injury of 93% of TBSA. Burns. 2000;26:644-52 pubmed..The clinical history and the follow-up of approx. 1 year are presented and the results discussed. We consider the survival of this patient being a result of the therapeutic progress of the recent decades. ..
- Marcucci C, Madjdpour C, Spahn D. Allogeneic blood transfusions: benefit, risks and clinical indications in countries with a low or high human development index. Br Med Bull. 2004;70:15-28 pubmed..In countries with a low HDI, clinical signs of circulatory failure or myocardial ischaemia and an Hb level <5 g/dl can serve as transfusion guidelines. ..
- Zankl A, Bonafe L, Calcaterra V, Di Rocco M, Superti Furga A. Winchester syndrome caused by a homozygous mutation affecting the active site of matrix metalloproteinase 2. Clin Genet. 2005;67:261-6 pubmed..The clinical and molecular findings suggest that Torg, NAO and Winchester syndromes are allelic disorders that form a clinical spectrum. ..
- Benneker L, Heini P, Anderson S, Alini M, Ito K. Correlation of radiographic and MRI parameters to morphological and biochemical assessment of intervertebral disc degeneration. Eur Spine J. 2005;14:27-35 pubmed..We conclude that X-rays may remain a cost-effective, non-invasive in vivo-grading method to detect early disc degeneration, and, combined with MRI, correlate best with morphological and biochemical assessment of disc degeneration. ..
- Hofmann L, Simon Zoula S, Nowak A, Giger A, Vock P, Boesch C, et al. BOLD-MRI for the assessment of renal oxygenation in humans: acute effect of nephrotoxic xenobiotics. Kidney Int. 2006;70:144-50 pubmed..Cyclosporine increased renal medullary oxygenation 2 h after ingestion of a single dose, whereas indomethacin and tacrolimus showed no effect on renal oxygenation. Injection of iodinated RCM decreased renal medullary oxygenation. ..
- Winter U, Hauri D, Huber S, Jenewein J, Schnyder U, Kraemer B. The psychological outcome of religious coping with stressful life events in a Swiss sample of church attendees. Psychother Psychosom. 2009;78:240-4 pubmed publisher..39) and depressive symptoms (p = 0.01, beta = 2.27, 95% CI = 1.27-4.06). The effects of religious coping on the psychological adjustment to stressful life events seem relevant. These findings should be confirmed in prospective studies. ..
- Melzer J, Iten F, Hostanska K, Saller R. Efficacy and safety of mistletoe preparations (Viscum album) for patients with cancer diseases. A systematic review. Forsch Komplementmed. 2009;16:217-26 pubmed publisher..Mistletoe is often used as a complementary approach in oncology. Despite experimental anti-tumour effects and several reviews there remains controversy about its clinical role...
- Pfeil A, Kressig R, Szucs T. Alzheimer's dementia: budget impact and cost-utility analysis of a combination treatment of a cholinesterase inhibitor and memantine in Switzerland. Swiss Med Wkly. 2012;142:w13676 pubmed publisher..From a health care perspective, the combination treatment would decrease costs over five years by CHF 50 million. Based on long term considerations, the combination treatment was the dominant strategy over the mono treatment. ..
- Manuel O, Husain S, Kumar D, Zayas C, Mawhorter S, Levi M, et al. Assessment of cytomegalovirus-specific cell-mediated immunity for the prediction of cytomegalovirus disease in high-risk solid-organ transplant recipients: a multicenter cohort study. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56:817-24 pubmed publisher..74-.98) and 0.27 (95% CI, .18-.37), respectively. This assay may be useful to predict if patients are at low, intermediate, or high risk for the development of subsequent CMV disease after prophylaxis. NCT00817908. ..
- van Drongelen S, Schlüssel M, Arnet U, Veeger D. The influence of simulated rotator cuff tears on the risk for impingement in handbike and handrim wheelchair propulsion. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2013;28:495-501 pubmed publisher..A massive tear shifts the direction of the joint reaction force to the superior border of the glenoid, increasing the risk for impingement. ..
- Dudler J, Tuerk R, Handschin T, Forster A. RAISE - rheumatoid arthritis independent Swiss treatment expectations and outcome: results for the abatacept subpopulation. Swiss Med Wkly. 2013;143:w13849 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that abatacept is an effective and well tolerated treatment in RA patients in routine clinical practice, irrespective of disease parameter at baseline. ..
- Lysakowski C, Dumont L, Tramer M, Tassonyi E. A needle-free jet-injection system with lidocaine for peripheral intravenous cannula insertion: a randomized controlled trial with cost-effectiveness analysis. Anesth Analg. 2003;96:215-9, table of contents pubmed..Jet with lidocaine is effective, but its application is not painless. Costs to achieve one patient with no more than moderate pain (numerical verbal scale < or =3 of 10) on insertion of an IV cannula are $10. ..
- Elzi L, Decker M, Battegay M, Rutishauser J, Blum J. Chest pain after travel to the tropics. Lancet. 2004;363:1198 pubmed
- Giunta C, Randolph A, Steinmann B. Mutation analysis of the PLOD1 gene: an efficient multistep approach to the molecular diagnosis of the kyphoscoliotic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIA). Mol Genet Metab. 2005;86:269-76 pubmed..Ala667Thr, and p.His706Arg), four patients were homozygous for the common duplication of exons 10-16, one patient was compound heterozygous for the common duplication and p.Ile454IlefsX2, and one patient was homozygous for p.Arg319X. ..
- Valko P, Busolini E, Donati N, Chimchila Chevili S, Rusca T, Bernasconi E. Severe large bowel obstruction secondary to infection with Actinomyces israelii. Scand J Infect Dis. 2006;38:231-4 pubmed..We report on a 38-y-old female with abdomino-pelvic actinomycosis, characterized by a 10 cm long filiform stenosis of the sigmoid colon and bilateral ovarian abscesses. She developed acute ileus that required emergency surgery...
- Haller S, Winkler D, Gobbi C, Lyrer P, Wetzel S, Steck A. Prominent activation of the putamen during essential palatal tremor: a functional MR imaging case study. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006;27:1272-4 pubmed..The present functional study complements previous pathologic studies, which associated PT with lesions to dentate nucleus, red nucleus, and the inferior olive (Guillain-Mollaret triangle)...
- Pittet O, Christodoulou M, Staneczek O, Ris H. Diagnosis of Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome in a patient with spontaneous pneumothorax. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:1123-5 pubmed..Subsequently patients may develop concomitant renal and thoracic pathology. We report the case of a patient with Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome diagnosed after spontaneous pneumothorax. ..
- Perren F, Poglia D, Landis T, Sztajzel R. Vertebral artery hypoplasia: a predisposing factor for posterior circulation stroke?. Neurology. 2007;68:65-7 pubmed..001), whereas all other risk factors (hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, smoking) were equally (p > 0.05) distributed. Patients with VAH may be predisposed to stroke in the posterior circulation. ..
- Tsamis A, Stergiopulos N, Rachev A. A structure-based model of arterial remodeling in response to sustained hypertension. J Biomech Eng. 2009;131:101004 pubmed publisher..Future experimental studies on the time course of compliance, opening angle, and mass fractions of collagen, elastin, and smooth muscle cells can validate and improve the introduced hypotheses of the model. ..
- Kurmann A, Beldi G, Vorburger S, Seiler C, Candinas D. Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair is feasible and safe after liver transplantation. Surg Endosc. 2010;24:1451-5 pubmed publisher..Incisional hernia is a frequent complication after liver transplantation. Associated risk factors are male gender and a BMI greater than 25 kg/m(2). Laparoscopic hernia repair for such patients is feasible and safe. ..
- Samer C, Daali Y, Wagner M, Hopfgartner G, Eap C, Rebsamen M, et al. The effects of CYP2D6 and CYP3A activities on the pharmacokinetics of immediate release oxycodone. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:907-18 pubmed publisher..Shunting to CYP2D6 pathway was observed after CYP3A4 inhibition. Drug-drug interactions via CYP2D6 and CYP3A affected oxycodone pharmacokinetics and its magnitude depended on CYP2D6 genotype. ..
- Steinert R, Gerspach A, Gutmann H, Asarian L, Drewe J, Beglinger C. The functional involvement of gut-expressed sweet taste receptors in glucose-stimulated secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and peptide YY (PYY). Clin Nutr. 2011;30:524-32 pubmed publisher..Glucose-stimulated secretion of GLP-1 and PYY is reduced by a sweet taste antagonist, suggesting the functional involvement of gut-expressed sweet taste receptors in glucose-stimulated secretion of both peptides in humans. ..
- Peytremann Bridevaux I, Ruffieux C, Burnand B. Freedom of choice of specialist physicians is important to Swiss resident: a cross-sectional study. Swiss Med Wkly. 2011;141:w13315 pubmed publisher..Future surveys should provide information on access and consultations with specialist physicians. ..
- Pestalozzi B, Tausch C, Dedes K, Rochlitz C, Zimmermann S, von Moos R, et al. Adjuvant treatment recommendations for patients with ER-positive/HER2-negative early breast cancer by Swiss tumor boards using the 21-gene recurrence score (SAKK 26/10). BMC Cancer. 2017;17:265 pubmed publisher..A RC was more likely for NLR patients considered for HT. Patients considered for HT + CT have the highest likelihood of a RC based on RS. ..
- Burkhardt C, Neuwirth C, Sommacal A, Andersen P, Weber M. Is survival improved by the use of NIV and PEG in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)? A post-mortem study of 80 ALS patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177555 pubmed publisher..01). The use of NIV and PEG prolongs survival in ALS. This study supports current AAN and EFNS guidelines which recommend NIV and PEG as a treatment option in ALS. The risk of bronchopneumonia as cause of death may be increased by NIV. ..
- Wust J, Lucchini G, Lüthy Hottenstein J, Brun F, Altwegg M. Isolation of gram-positive rods that resemble but are clearly distinct from Actinomyces pyogenes from mixed wound infections. J Clin Microbiol. 1993;31:1127-35 pubmed..Their exact role in these possibly synergistic infections needs further investigation...
- Binzoni T, Hiltbrand E, Kayser B, Ferretti G, Terrier F. Human intramuscular temperature and heat flow transients at rest. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1995;79:1736-43 pubmed..In conclusion, MRI is indeed a powerful technique, useful to study the determinants of muscle temperature and heat flow changes in space and time...
- Michel S, Rake A, Götzmann L, Seifert B, Ferrazzini M, Chaoui R, et al. Pelvimetry and patient acceptability compared between open 0.5-T and closed 1.5-T MR systems. Eur Radiol. 2002;12:2898-905 pubmed..Limits of agreement of 3-5% from the mean for all diameters confirmed good pelvimetric reproducibility. Women's preference for open-system MR pelvimetry is feasible with abdominal circumferences <or=120 cm. ..
- Wettstein P, Haeberli A, Stutz M, Rohner M, Corbetta C, Gabi K, et al. Decreased factor XIII availability for thrombin and early loss of clot firmness in patients with unexplained intraoperative bleeding. Anesth Analg. 2004;99:1564-9; table of contents pubmed..We suggest that the application of F. XIII might be worthwhile to test in a prospective clinical trial to increase clot firmness in patients at risk for this intraoperative coagulopathy. ..