Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Sweden
Publications816 found, 100 shown here
- Andreen L, Spigset O, Andersson A, Nyberg S, Backstrom T. Pharmacokinetics of progesterone and its metabolites allopregnanolone and pregnanolone after oral administration of low-dose progesterone. Maturitas. 2006;54:238-44 pubmed..Low-dose oral progesterone may be used as a prodrug to allopregnanolone when the aim is to investigate low-dose allopregnanolone effects in humans. ..
- Ohman A, Kivijärvi K, Blombäck U, Flygare L. Pre-operative radiographic evaluation of lower third molars with computed tomography. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2006;35:30-5 pubmed..The absence of dark bands on panoramic views does not exclude grooving of the roots. ..
- Lindholm M. Working conditions, psychosocial resources and work stress in nurses and physicians in chief managers' positions. J Nurs Manag. 2006;14:300-9 pubmed..No relation was found between work stress and sick leave and salary. ..
- Tajsharghi H, Oldfors A, Macleod D, Swash M. Homozygous mutation in MYH7 in myosin storage myopathy and cardiomyopathy. Neurology. 2007;68:962 pubmed
- Ehrenberg A, Häggblom M. Problem-based learning in clinical nursing education: integrating theory and practice. Nurse Educ Pract. 2007;7:67-74 pubmed..The possibility for supervised reflection was perceived as positive by both students and preceptors, although it sometimes was difficult for preceptors to set aside time. Research-based knowledge was rarely used in clinical teaching. ..
- Lundborg C, Dahm P, Nitescu P, Biber B. High intrathecal bupivacaine for severe pain in the head and neck. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:908-13 pubmed publisher..The aims of this study were to investigate the efficacy, pain relief, benefits and adverse effects of intracisternal or high cervical (IHC) administration of bupivacaine in patients with severe pain in the head, neck and face regions...
- Wikström A, Stephansson O, Cnattingius S. Previous preeclampsia and risks of adverse outcomes in subsequent nonpreeclamptic pregnancies. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011;204:148.e1-6 pubmed publisher..Women with previous preterm preeclampsia have increased risks of adverse pregnancy outcomes in a second pregnancy despite the absence of preeclampsia. ..
- Zackrisson B, Nilsson P, Kjellen E, Johansson K, Modig H, Brun E, et al. Two-year results from a Swedish study on conventional versus accelerated radiotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma--the ARTSCAN study. Radiother Oncol. 2011;100:41-8 pubmed publisher..Overall the AF regimen did not prove to be more efficacious than CF. However, the trend towards improved results in AF for oral cancers needs to be further investigated. ..
- Wennberg A, Altman D, Lundholm C, Klint A, Iliadou A, Peeker R, et al. Genetic influences are important for most but not all lower urinary tract symptoms: a population-based survey in a cohort of adult Swedish twins. Eur Urol. 2011;59:1032-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast, shared environmental factors seem more important for the predisposition to develop OAB, which may reflect familial patterns such as learning from parental behaviours. ..
- Lindenberger M, Olsen H, Länne T. Impaired compensatory response to hypovolaemic circulatory stress in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2011;8:136-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, type 1 diabetes patients present with impaired capillary fluid absorption, which in combination with potentially decreased sympathetic vasoconstriction impedes cardiovascular homeostasis during acute hypovolaemic stress. ..
- Karlström A, Nystedt A, Hildingsson I. A comparative study of the experience of childbirth between women who preferred and had a caesarean section and women who preferred and had a vaginal birth. Sex Reprod Healthc. 2011;2:93-9 pubmed publisher..Childbirth related fear is a common reason to request a caesarean birth. More knowledge about how women reason about caesarean section is required, and treatment related to fear of birth needs to be developed. ..
- Gustavsson J, Mehlig K, Leander K, Strandhagen E, Björck L, Thelle D, et al. Interaction of apolipoprotein E genotype with smoking and physical inactivity on coronary heart disease risk in men and women. Atherosclerosis. 2012;220:486-92 pubmed publisher..The APOE ?2 allele counteracted CHD risk from smoking in both genders, while the ?4 allele was seen to potentiate this risk mainly in women. Similar ?2 protection and ?4 potentiation was suggested for CHD risk from physical inactivity. ..
- Pereira M, Palming J, Rizell M, Aureliano M, Carvalho E, Svensson M, et al. mTOR inhibition with rapamycin causes impaired insulin signalling and glucose uptake in human subcutaneous and omental adipocytes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;355:96-105 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to show that rapamycin reduces glucose uptake in human adipocytes through impaired insulin signalling and this may contribute to the development of insulin resistance associated with rapamycin therapy. ..
- Loell I, Alemo Munters L, Pandya J, Zong M, Alexanderson H, Fasth A, et al. Activated LTB4 pathway in muscle tissue of patients with polymyositis or dermatomyositis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72:293-9 pubmed publisher..The immunosuppressive treatment was insufficient on the LTB4 pathway and, for patients with high expression of FLAP, FLAP inhibitors may be considered as possible therapy. ..
- Abrahamsson A, Morad V, Saarinen N, Dabrosin C. Estradiol, tamoxifen, and flaxseed alter IL-1? and IL-1Ra levels in normal human breast tissue in vivo. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E2044-54 pubmed publisher..The increased IL-1? in breast cancers of women strongly suggests IL-1 as a potential therapeutic target in breast cancer treatment and prevention. ..
- MylÃ©n J, Nilsson M, BerterÃ¶ C. To feel strong in an unfamiliar situation; Patients' lived experiences of neurosurgical intensive care. A qualitative study. Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2016;32:42-8 pubmed publisher..The fact that the patients were conscious enabled them to understand their situation and to experience security. ..
- Edström D, Hedblad M, Ros A. Flashlamp pulsed dye laser and argon-pumped dye laser in the treatment of port-wine stains: a clinical and histological comparison. Br J Dermatol. 2002;146:285-9 pubmed..The flashlamp pulsed dye laser is clinically superior to the argon-pumped dye laser in the treatment of PWS. ..
- Swanson C, Lorentzon M, Vandenput L, Labrie F, Rane A, Jakobsson J, et al. Sex steroid levels and cortical bone size in young men are associated with a uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 2B7 polymorphism (H268Y). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:3697-704 pubmed..However, the underlying mechanism behind these associations is unknown and has to be studied further. ..
- Rydell R, Eker C, Andersson Engels S, Krogdahl A, Wahlberg P, Svanberg K. Fluorescence investigations to classify malignant laryngeal lesions in vivo. Head Neck. 2008;30:419-26 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity for the fluorescence method was 89%, and the specificity was 100%. There are differences in the in vivo tissue fluorescence between tissue with different gradings of dysplasia and carcinoma. ..
- Sjödahl J, Kvist J, Gutke A, Oberg B. The postural response of the pelvic floor muscles during limb movements: a methodological electromyography study in parous women without lumbopelvic pain. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2009;24:183-9 pubmed publisher..Movements performed at a comfortable speed seem to be useful in order to detect such a response. ..
- Abdeldaim G, Stralin K, Kirsebom L, Olcen P, Blomberg J, Herrmann B. Detection of Haemophilus influenzae in respiratory secretions from pneumonia patients by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;64:366-73 pubmed publisher..influenzae in respiratory secretions. Quantification facilitates discrimination between disease-causing H. influenzae strains and commensal colonization...
- Rudin A, Eriksson L, Liedholm R, List T, Werner M. Prediction of postoperative pain after mandibular third molar surgery. J Orofac Pain. 2010;24:189-96 pubmed..To evaluate the predictive potential of preoperative psychological and psychophysiological variables in estimating severity of postoperative pain following mandibular third molar surgery (MTMS)...
- Pramfalk C, Parini P, Gustafsson U, Sahlin S, Eriksson M. Effects of high-dose statin on the human hepatic expression of genes involved in carbohydrate and triglyceride metabolism. J Intern Med. 2011;269:333-9 pubmed publisher..The reduced liver TG mass induced by a high dosage of atorvastatin may be important for the treatment of patients with fatty liver. ..
- Arvidsson I, Balogh I, Hansson G, Ohlsson K, Akesson I, Nordander C. Rationalization in meat cutting - consequences on physical workload. Appl Ergon. 2012;43:1026-32 pubmed publisher..However, there may be disadvantages in line production, such as machine-directed work pace and shorter work cycles...
- Gulyas B, Toth M, Schain M, Airaksinen A, Vas A, Kostulas K, et al. Evolution of microglial activation in ischaemic core and peri-infarct regions after stroke: a PET study with the TSPO molecular imaging biomarker [((11))C]vinpocetine. J Neurol Sci. 2012;320:110-7 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate an increased microglial activation in the peri-stroke region for several weeks after the insult. ..
- Emilsson L, Carlsson R, Holmqvist M, James S, Ludvigsson J. The characterisation and risk factors of ischaemic heart disease in patients with coeliac disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013;37:905-14 pubmed publisher..5%, P = 0.766). Despite evidence of an increased risk of IHD and higher cardiovascular mortality, patients with coeliac disease with IHD have a more favourable cardiac risk profile compared with IHD in reference individuals. ..
- Ren J, Broberg S, Sahlin K, Hultman E. Influence of reduced glycogen level on glycogenolysis during short-term stimulation in man. Acta Physiol Scand. 1990;139:467-74 pubmed..It is concluded that the rate of muscle glycogen breakdown is not affected by the initial glycogen level in the range of 155 +/- 19 to 350 +/- 25 mmol kg-1 dry muscle. ..
- Berninger E, Karlsson K, Alvan G. Quinine reduces the dynamic range of the human auditory system. Acta Otolaryngol. 1998;118:46-51 pubmed..Its mechanism of action on the molecular level is likely to reveal further information on the physiology of hearing...
- Linden B, Jonsson K, Redlund Johnell I. Osteochondritis dissecans of the hip. Acta Radiol. 2003;44:67-71 pubmed..To investigate the clinical and radiological characteristics of osteochondritis dissecans (OD) of the hip and the outcome of this condition after treatment...
- Bornehag C, Sundell J, Sigsgaard T. Dampness in buildings and health (DBH): Report from an ongoing epidemiological investigation on the association between indoor environmental factors and health effects among children in Sweden. Indoor Air. 2004;14 Suppl 7:59-66 pubmed..In investigations of building-related health problems many factors have to be considered, including "dampness" emissions from building materials, and ventilation rates. ..
- Tullberg M, Hellstrom P, Piechnik S, Starmark J, Wikkelso C. Impaired wakefulness is associated with reduced anterior cingulate CBF in patients with normal pressure hydrocephalus. Acta Neurol Scand. 2004;110:322-30 pubmed..This study provides support for a functional coupling between frontal, hippocampal, thalamic and mesencephalic rrCBF in NPH at large. ..
- Jemt T. Measurements of tooth movements in relation to single-implant restorations during 16 years: a case report. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2005;7:200-8 pubmed..The character and frequency of these dentofacial changes that may compromise implant treatment in the long term are not yet known. ..
- Sandgren O, Kjellgren D, Suhr O. Ocular manifestations in liver transplant recipients with familial amyloid polyneuropathy. Acta Ophthalmol. 2008;86:520-4 pubmed publisher..To evaluate postoperative ocular involvement in Swedish liver transplant (LT) recipients with familial amyloid polyneuropathy (FAP)...
- Schmidt P, Magnusson C, Lundgren T, Korsgren O, Nilsson B. Low molecular weight dextran sulfate is well tolerated in humans and increases endogenous expression of islet protective hepatocyte growth factor. Transplantation. 2008;86:1523-30 pubmed publisher..The observed endogenous release of islet protective hepatocyte growth factor could be an additional beneficial effect of LMW-DS during the first critical hours after transplantation. ..
- Ng N, Winkler V, Van Minh H, Tesfaye F, Wall S, Becher H. Predicting lung cancer death in Africa and Asia: differences with WHO estimates. Cancer Causes Control. 2009;20:721-30 pubmed publisher..WHO estimates on lung cancer deaths in Asia appear to be slightly lower than our study results; however, in Africa, the burden appears to be largely underestimated. ..
- Hartford M, Wiklund O, Hulten L, Persson A, Karlsson T, Herlitz J, et al. Interleukin-18 as a predictor of future events in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:2039-46 pubmed publisher..The association between IL-18 and noncardiovascular mortality is intriguing and warrants further study. ..
- Strand P, Sjöborg K, Stalmeijer R, Wichmann Hansen G, Jakobsson U, Edgren G. Development and psychometric evaluation of the Undergraduate Clinical Education Environment Measure (UCEEM). Med Teach. 2013;35:1014-26 pubmed publisher..Further validation in different populations using various psychometric methods is needed. ..
- Ornstein K, Berglund J, Bergstrom S, Norrby R, Barbour A. Three major Lyme Borrelia genospecies (Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, B. afzelii and B. garinii) identified by PCR in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with neuroborreliosis in Sweden. Scand J Infect Dis. 2002;34:341-6 pubmed..The results of our study confirm that the use of direct molecular analytical methods for Borrelia genospecies identification in clinical specimens can provide epidemiological information additional to that obtained by culture. ..
- Richiardi L, Akre O, Bellocco R, Ekbom A. Perinatal determinants of germ-cell testicular cancer in relation to histological subtypes. Br J Cancer. 2002;87:545-50 pubmed..Our data support the hypothesis that intrauterine environment affects the risk for germ-cell testicular cancer. Seminomas and non-seminomas seemed to have similar risk patterns, although they are not entirely congruent. ..
- Lasson A, Lundagårds J, Lorén I, Nilsson P. Appendiceal abscesses: primary percutaneous drainage and selective interval appendicectomy. Eur J Surg. 2002;168:264-9 pubmed..Modern laparoscopic appendicectomy and early postoperative discharge makes interval appendicectomy a valid treatment option after primary non-surgical management of appendiceal abscesses. ..
- Mansson A, Adner M, Höckerfelt U, Cardell L. A distinct Toll-like receptor repertoire in human tonsillar B cells, directly activated by PamCSK, R-837 and CpG-2006 stimulation. Immunology. 2006;118:539-48 pubmed..Furthermore, the distinct expression of TLRs allows B cells to respond directly to the cognate PAMPs. This further emphasizes the role of TLRs in directly activating adaptive immune cells. ..
- Wuttge D, Wildt M, Geborek P, Wollheim F, Scheja A, Akesson A. Serum IL-15 in patients with early systemic sclerosis: a potential novel marker of lung disease. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R85 pubmed..IL-15 may contribute to the pathogenesis of SSc. IL-15 could also be a candidate biomarker for pulmonary involvement and a target for therapy in SSc. ..
- Nilsson A, Ostman E, Holst J, BjÃ¶rck I. Including indigestible carbohydrates in the evening meal of healthy subjects improves glucose tolerance, lowers inflammatory markers, and increases satiety after a subsequent standardized breakfast. J Nutr. 2008;138:732-9 pubmed..The results provide evidence for a link between gut microbial metabolism and key factors associated with insulin resistance. ..
- Stjärne P, Olsson P, Alenius M. Use of mometasone furoate to prevent polyp relapse after endoscopic sinus surgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:296-302 pubmed publisher..The ability of mometasone to prevent or prolong the time to relapse among subjects undergoing FESS is important because this may prolong the time to subsequent surgery. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00731185. ..
- Grindebacke H, Larsson P, Wing K, Rak S, Rudin A. Specific immunotherapy to birch allergen does not enhance suppression of Th2 cells by CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells during pollen season. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:752-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Th2-suppressive capacity of allergen-stimulated CD25(pos) Treg in vitro is not improved by SIT in spite of increased IL-10 production from T cells. ..
- Johansson B, Starmark A, Berglund P, Rödholm M, Rönnbäck L. A self-assessment questionnaire for mental fatigue and related symptoms after neurological disorders and injuries. Brain Inj. 2010;24:2-12 pubmed publisher..The self-reported scale is suggested to be a valuable tool for assessment of mental fatigue in different diagnoses. ..
- Liu W, Kinnefors A, Bostrom M, Rask Andersen H. Expression of TrkB and BDNF in human cochlea-an immunohistochemical study. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;345:213-21 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the regeneration of SGNs under pathological conditions can be enhanced with BDNF/TrkB-based pharmaceutical or genetic strategies. ..
- Söderlin M, Bergman S. Absent "Window of Opportunity" in smokers with short disease duration. Data from BARFOT, a multicenter study of early rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2011;38:2160-8 pubmed publisher..Smokers had poorer EULAR response and showed no improvement with regard to disease duration. ..
- Vilhelmsson A, Svensson T, Meeuwisse A, Carlsten A. What can we learn from consumer reports on psychiatric adverse drug reactions with antidepressant medication? Experiences from reports to a consumer association. BMC Clin Pharmacol. 2011;11:16 pubmed publisher..Consumer reporting may be considered a complement to traditional ADR reporting. ..
- Ahldén M, Samuelsson K, Sernert N, Forssblad M, Karlsson J, Kartus J. The Swedish National Anterior Cruciate Ligament Register: a report on baseline variables and outcomes of surgery for almost 18,000 patients. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40:2230-5 pubmed..Young female soccer players run a major risk of reinjuring their ACL or injuring the contralateral ACL; revision ACL reconstructions do less well than primary reconstructions, and smokers do less well than nonsmokers. ..
- Liberg B, Adler M, Jonsson T, Landen M, Rahm C, Wahlund L, et al. Motor imagery in bipolar depression with slowed movement. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2013;201:885-93 pubmed publisher..In addition, limbic and prefrontal regions associated with self-reference and the default mode network were altered during motor imagery in bipolar depression with motor retardation. ..
- Dolinska M, Piccini A, Wong W, Gelali E, Johansson A, Klang J, et al. Leukotriene signaling via ALOX5 and cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 is dispensable for in vitro growth of CD34+CD38- stem and progenitor cells in chronic myeloid leukemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:378-384 pubmed publisher
- Laaksonen I, Lorimer M, Gromov K, Rolfson O, Mäkelä K, Graves S, et al. Does the Risk of Rerevision Vary Between Porous Tantalum Cups and Other Cementless Designs After Revision Hip Arthroplasty?. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017;475:3015-3022 pubmed publisher..Further studies with acetabular bone deficiency data, greater insight into host comorbidity factors, and a longer followup are needed to corroborate or refute these results. Level III, therapeutic study. ..
- Mattiasson A, Abrams P, Van Kerrebroeck P, Walter S, Weiss J. Efficacy of desmopressin in the treatment of nocturia: a double-blind placebo-controlled study in men. BJU Int. 2002;89:855-62 pubmed..Most adverse events were mild. Serum sodium levels were <130 mmol/L in 10 (4%) patients and this occurred during dose-titration. Orally administered desmopressin is an effective and well-tolerated treatment for nocturia in men. ..
- Laan M, Linden A, Riise G. IL-16 in the airways of lung allograft recipients with acute rejection or obliterative bronchiolitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2003;133:290-6 pubmed..These data are compatible with an increase in IL-16 playing a protective role against AR but not against OB and, hypothetically, this type of protective effect could be exerted via a down-regulation of the activity of T lymphocytes. ..
- Gustafsson P, de Jong P, Tiddens H, Lindblad A. Multiple-breath inert gas washout and spirometry versus structural lung disease in cystic fibrosis. Thorax. 2008;63:129-34 pubmed..The finding of an abnormal LCI in some patients with normal HRCT scans suggests that LCI may be even more sensitive than HRCT scanning for detecting lung involvement in CF. ..
- von Thiele Schwarz U, Lindfors P, Lundberg U. Health-related effects of worksite interventions involving physical exercise and reduced workhours. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2008;34:179-88 pubmed..It is suggested that interventions involving a modest reduction in workhours seem to be more effective if these hours are used for physical exercise. ..
- Isaksson H, Fredriksson H, Andersson R, Olsson J, Aman P. Effect of rye bread breakfasts on subjective hunger and satiety: a randomized controlled trial. Nutr J. 2009;8:39 pubmed publisher..Rye bran induces a stronger effect on satiety than the other two rye fractions used when served in iso-caloric portions. Trial registration number NCT00876785. ..
- Johannesson E, Simren M, Strid H, Bajor A, Sadik R. Physical activity improves symptoms in irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011;106:915-22 pubmed publisher..Physically active patients with IBS will face less symptom deterioration compared with physically inactive patients. Physical activity should be used as a primary treatment modality in IBS. ..
- Suhr O, Ando Y, Ohlsson P, Olofsson A, Andersson K, Lundgren E, et al. Investigation into thiol conjugation of transthyretin in hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis. Eur J Clin Invest. 1998;28:687-92 pubmed..The finding of a decreased ratio of unconjugated to conjugated TTR Met-30 in plasma samples from symptomatic TTR Met-30 carriers indicates that thiol conjugation of TTR could be involved in amyloid formation. ..
- Gisselsson D, Hoglund M, Mertens F, Johansson B, Dal Cin P, Van den Berghe H, et al. The structure and dynamics of ring chromosomes in human neoplastic and non-neoplastic cells. Hum Genet. 1999;104:315-25 pubmed..We conclude that it is not only the ring structure per se or the neoplastic nature of the host cell that determines ring instability, but probably also the functional role of the genes carried in the ring...
- Jernstrom H, Klug T, Sepkovic D, Bradlow H, Narod S. Predictors of the plasma ratio of 2-hydroxyestrone to 16alpha-hydroxyestrone among pre-menopausal, nulliparous women from four ethnic groups. Carcinogenesis. 2003;24:991-1005 pubmed..The reported elevated risk of early onset breast cancer among young oral contraceptive users could be mediated in part through altered estrogen metabolism induced by synthetic estrogens and progestins. ..
- Andersson C, Innala E, BÃ¤ckstrÃ¶m T. Acute intermittent porphyria in women: clinical expression, use and experience of exogenous sex hormones. A population-based study in northern Sweden. J Intern Med. 2003;254:176-83 pubmed..As 25% of women with manifest AIP reported attacks associated with such drugs, caution must still be recommended. Menopausal HRT only rarely affected the disorder. Miscarriage was more common amongst women with manifest AIP. ..
- Falk L, Fredlund H, Jensen J. Symptomatic urethritis is more prevalent in men infected with Mycoplasma genitalium than with Chlamydia trachomatis. Sex Transm Infect. 2004;80:289-93 pubmed..To study the prevalence, symptoms, and signs of Mycoplasma genitalium and Chlamydia trachomatis infections in men attending a Swedish STD clinic and to study the criteria for urethritis...
- Sadeghi M, Cohn E, Kimberling W, Tranebjaerg L, Moller C. Audiological and vestibular features in affected subjects with USH3: a genotype/phenotype correlation. Int J Audiol. 2005;44:307-16 pubmed..Depending on the severity of HL, subjects with USH3 might be misdiagnosed as either Usher type IB or IIA. The results from this study can be used as discriminatory features in differential diagnosis of this syndrome. ..
- Gotherstrom C, West A, Liden J, Uzunel M, Lahesmaa R, Le Blanc K. Difference in gene expression between human fetal liver and adult bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Haematologica. 2005;90:1017-26 pubmed..The results suggest that fetal MSC have higher proliferative capacity and are less lineage committed than adult MSC. ..
- Petersson K, Pamenius M, Eliasson A, Narby B, Holender F, Palmqvist S, et al. 20-year follow-up of patients receiving high-cost dental care within the Swedish Dental Insurance System: 1977-1978 to 1998-2000. Swed Dent J. 2006;30:77-86 pubmed..Thus it seems that tooth extraction not seldom was a treatment choice for teeth with severe periodontitis and apical periodontitis among the patients examined clinically in this study. ..
- Sigurdsson S, Nordmark G, Garnier S, Grundberg E, Kwan T, Nilsson O, et al. A risk haplotype of STAT4 for systemic lupus erythematosus is over-expressed, correlates with anti-dsDNA and shows additive effects with two risk alleles of IRF5. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2868-76 pubmed publisher..82-fold risk of SLE with two independent risk alleles of the IRF5 (interferon regulatory factor 5) gene. ..
- Govoni M, Jansson E, Weitzberg E, Lundberg J. The increase in plasma nitrite after a dietary nitrate load is markedly attenuated by an antibacterial mouthwash. Nitric Oxide. 2008;19:333-7 pubmed publisher..The removal of these bacteria with an antibacterial mouthwash will very likely attenuate the NO-dependent biological effects of dietary nitrate. ..
- von Holst S, Picelli S, Edler D, Lenander C, Dalen J, Hjern F, et al. Association studies on 11 published colorectal cancer risk loci. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:575-80 pubmed publisher..Our study, using a Swedish population, supports most genetic variants published in GWAS. More studies are needed to validate the genotype-phenotype correlations. ..
- Jansson K, Granath F. Health-related quality of life (EQ-5D) before and after orthopedic surgery. Acta Orthop. 2011;82:82-9 pubmed publisher..In future it will be possible-but not easy-to use the EQ-5D instrument as a complementary consideration in clinical priority assessment. ..
- Ahmed R, Rohava Z, Balaji K, Hoffner S, Gaines H, Magalhaes I, et al. Pattern recognition and cellular immune responses to novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis-antigens in individuals from Belarus. BMC Infect Dis. 2012;12:41 pubmed publisher..The nature of the pattern recognition of a broad panel of M.tb antigens will devise better strategies to identify improved diagnostics gauging previous exposure to M.tb; it may also guide the development of improved TB-vaccines. ..
- Zekveld A, Rudner M, Johnsrude I, Heslenfeld D, Ronnberg J. Behavioral and fMRI evidence that cognitive ability modulates the effect of semantic context on speech intelligibility. Brain Lang. 2012;122:103-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that individual differences in cognitive abilities are related to activation in a speech-sensitive network including left MTG, IFG and AG during cued speech perception. ..
- RejnÃ¶ Ã, Berg L. Strategies for handling ethical problems in end of life care: obstacles and possibilities. Nurs Ethics. 2015;22:778-89 pubmed publisher..Carers therefore need to strengthen their argumentation and reflect on and use ethically grounded arguments and defined ethical values like dignity in their clinical work and decisions. ..
- Franceschi F, Franceschetti E, Torre G, Papalia R, Samuelsson K, Karlsson J, et al. Tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis using an intramedullary nail: a systematic review. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:1316-25 pubmed publisher..Low complication rates contribute to make this a safe procedure. No comparison can be done between arthroscopic and open technique, due to the lack of scientific works on the first one. IV. ..
- Carlsson V, Hakeberg M, Wide Boman U. Associations between dental anxiety, sense of coherence, oral health-related quality of life and health behavior--a national Swedish cross-sectional survey. BMC Oral Health. 2015;15:100 pubmed publisher..The results further indicate a weak relationship between dental anxiety and sense of coherence. ..
- HammarstrÃ¶m A, Westerlund H, Kirves K, Nygren K, Virtanen P, HÃ¤gglÃ¶f B. Addressing challenges of validity and internal consistency of mental health measures in a 27- year longitudinal cohort study - the Northern Swedish Cohort study. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2016;16:4 pubmed publisher..Thus, it can be possible to overcome some specific inherent methodological challenges in using historical data in longitudinal research. ..
- L Episcopo F, Drouin Ouellet J, Tirolo C, Pulvirenti A, Giugno R, Testa N, et al. GSK-3?-induced Tau pathology drives hippocampal neuronal cell death in Huntington's disease: involvement of astrocyte-neuron interactions. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2206 pubmed publisher..As such, therapeutic targeting of this pathway may help ameliorate neuronal dysfunction in HD. ..
- Kanerva N, Larsson I, Peltonen M, Lindroos A, Carlsson L. Changes in total energy intake and macronutrient composition after bariatric surgery predict long-term weight outcome: findings from the Swedish Obese Subjects (SOS) study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:136-145 pubmed publisher..5 y after bariatric surgery predicts long-term weight loss. Weight loss is also associated with a changing dietary macronutrient composition. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01479452. ..
- Axen E, Bergman T, Wikvall K. Purification and characterization of a vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase from pig liver microsomes. Biochem J. 1992;287 ( Pt 3):725-31 pubmed..The results of the present study show that the pig appears to be a representative species for evaluation of vitamin D3 hydroxylases in other mammals, including man. ..
- Rammer L, Holmgren P, Sandler H. Fatal intoxication by dextromethorphan: a report on two cases. Forensic Sci Int. 1988;37:233-6 pubmed..A report is given of two young people who died after intake of dextromethorphan, one by suicide and the other for uncertain reasons. To our knowledge this is the first reported fatal intoxications with this drug. ..
- Soderstrom H, Rastam M, Gillberg C. Temperament and character in adults with Asperger syndrome. Autism. 2002;6:287-97 pubmed
- Petersson I, Jacobsson L. Osteoarthritis of the peripheral joints. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2002;16:741-60 pubmed..Furthermore, methods of diagnosing and delineating clinically relevant forms of OA, now and in the future, are presented as well as current knowledge of the risk factors for developing and the factors for preventing OA...
- Magnusson A, Powell T, Wennergren M, Jansson T. Glucose metabolism in the human preterm and term placenta of IUGR fetuses. Placenta. 2004;25:337-46 pubmed..These results do not support the hypothesis of increased placental glucose consumption but suggest an altered glycolytic pathway in the IUGR placenta. ..
- Thelandersson A, Cider A, Nellgård B. Prone position in mechanically ventilated patients with reduced intracranial compliance. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2006;50:937-41 pubmed..Turning NICU patients from the supine to the prone position did not influence ICP, CPP or MABP, but significantly improved patient PaO(2), SaO(2) and respiratory system compliance. ..
- Carlsson M, Ugander M, Heiberg E, Arheden H. The quantitative relationship between longitudinal and radial function in left, right, and total heart pumping in humans. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H636-44 pubmed..Longitudinal AVPD accounts for approximately 80% of the RVSV, compared with approximately 60% for the LVSV. This difference explains the larger portion of THVV found on the left side of the heart. ..
- Borg E, Edquist G, Reinholdson A, Risberg A, McAllister B. Speech and language development in a population of Swedish hearing-impaired pre-school children, a cross-sectional study. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2007;71:1061-77 pubmed..Above that degree of impairment, language delay is more pronounced, probably due to a loss of acuity. The importance of central cognitive functions, speech reading and signing for compensation of peripheral limitations is pointed out. ..