Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Poland
Publications495 found, 100 shown here
- Saluk Juszczak J, Krolewska K, Wachowicz B. (1?3)-?-D-Glucan inhibits a dual mechanism of peroxynitrite stroke. Int J Biol Macromol. 2011;48:488-94 pubmed publisher..Therefore (1?3)-?-D-glucan supplementation during inflammatory may be beneficial not only regard for its ability to stimulate the immune system but also by antioxidative properties. ..
- Radziejewska I, Borzym Kluczyk M, Leszczynska K. Are Lewis b and H type 1 on Helicobacter pylori involved in binding of bacteria to MUC1 mucin?. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013;22:347-53 pubmed..05). The influence of Lewis b on adhesion is considered to be contradictory. H type 1 antigens are suggested to be involved in carbohydrate - carbohydrate interactions of H. pylori with MUC1 mucin. ..
- Mysliwiec J, Siewko K, Zukowski L, Mysliwiec P, Kościuszk M, Popławska A, et al. Pheochromocytoma--analysis of 15 consecutive cases from one centre. Endokrynol Pol. 2013;64:192-6 pubmed..Pheochromocytoma is a rare tumour, but one of great clinical importance as a risk factor of malignancy, cardiovascular diseases and sudden death...
- ZieliÅ„ski M, Dworniczak S, Dworniczak A, Kozielski J. Occurrence of alert pathogens in patients hospitalised in the department of lung diseases. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2015;83:101-8 pubmed publisher..Their frequency was significantly higher in patients being qualified for lung transplantation than in other analysed groups. In all examined groups the most frequently isolated bacteria was P. aeruginosa (27% of all isolates). ..
- Kokoszka A, Domosławski J, Wallace B, Borzym A. Preliminary evidence for diurnal fluctuations in visual imagery. Int J Neurosci. 2000;101:1-7 pubmed..An analysis of the results suggested the coexistence of ultradian and circadian cycles in the determination of the vividness of visual imagery. ..
- Izycka Swieszewska E, Debiec Rychter M, Wasag B, Wozniak A, Gasecki D, Plata Nazar K, et al. A unique occurrence of a cerebral atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor in an infant and a spinal canal primitive neuroectodermal tumor in her father. J Neurooncol. 2003;61:219-25 pubmed..Thus, our findings emphasize the genetic differences between the two specimens and suggest that the occurrence of these two aggressive tumors of CNS in one family could be coincidental. ..
- Samsel M, Debski R, Sedzimirska M. [Rh hemolytic disease in a pregnant woman after peripheral blood progenitor cells allotransplantation mismatched in Rh and ABO group system -- case report]. Med Wieku Rozwoj. 2005;9:365-70 pubmed..In cases of pregnancies, in which the child's mother or father is after grafting of blood progenitor cells, when analyzing the blood group of the foetus we should know the blood groups of parents before transplantation...
- Jozwik M, Jozwik M, Teng C, Battaglia F. Amino acid, ammonia and urea concentrations in human pre-ovulatory ovarian follicular fluid. Hum Reprod. 2006;21:2776-82 pubmed..There is accumulation of glutamate and ammonia in pre-ovulatory follicular fluid. The data for urea are consistent with transport by passive diffusion, with no evidence of an active urea cycle in the cells of the follicle. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M. Hepcidin, an acute-phase protein and a marker of inflammation in kidney transplant recipients with and without coronary artery disease. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:2895-8 pubmed..Elevated hepcidin values in kidney allograft recipients may be due not only to impaired renal function, but also to a low-grade inflammatory state, as reflected by hepcidin correlations with hsCRP, IL-6, and ferritin. ..
- Baran W, Szepietowski J, Mazur G, Baran E. IFN-gamma promoter gene polymorphism in psoriasis vulgaris. Biomarkers. 2008;13:52-8 pubmed..The results suggest that IFN-gamma polymorphism is associated with susceptibility to psoriasis vulgaris. ..
- Szołkowska M, Langfort R, Szczepulska E, Bestry I, Religioni J. [Pulmonary malakoplakia and Rhodococcus equi infection. A report of two cases and review]. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2007;75:398-404 pubmed..We report two cases of pulmonary malakoplakia, in one case R. equi infection was confirmed. We also present a summary of recent knowledge about the pathogenesis, morphology and clinical course of the disease...
- Krawczyk M, Wolska M, Schwartz S, Gruenhage F, Terjung B, Portincasa P, et al. Concordance of genetic and breath tests for lactose intolerance in a tertiary referral centre. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2008;17:135-9 pubmed..In BTH-positive individuals with a negative genetic test there is good reason to suspect secondary causes of lactase deficiency. ..
- Romanowski T, Sikorska K, Bielawski K. GUS and PMM1 as suitable reference genes for gene expression analysis in the liver tissue of patients with chronic hepatitis. Med Sci Monit. 2008;14:BR147-52 pubmed..319-0.388). The genes GUS and PMM1 are recommended for normalization purposes in gene expression studies of liver tissue from patients with chronic hepatitis C or B. Using these genes in combination will ensure very reliable results. ..
- Makowska J, Grzegorczyk J, Cieslak M, Bienkiewicz B, Kowalski M. Recruitment of CD34+ progenitor cells into peripheral blood and asthma severity. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008;101:402-6 pubmed publisher..Previous studies have suggested that the number of progenitor cells is elevated in the peripheral blood of asthmatic patients and that the number of progenitors correlate with the severity of the disease...
- Maciag M, Płochocka D, Adamowicz Salach A, Burzynska B. Novel beta-spectrin mutations in hereditary spherocytosis associated with decreased levels of mRNA. Br J Haematol. 2009;146:326-32 pubmed publisher..DNA analysis of SPTB in the HS subjects with decreased SPTB mRNA levels revealed the presence of five previously undescribed mutations: R1756X, 781delT and IVS22nt-4G>A, 1502insA and IVS20nt-2A>G. ..
- Panasiuk A, Parfieniuk A, Zak J, Flisiak R. Association among Fas expression in leucocytes, serum Fas and Fas-ligand concentrations and hepatic inflammation and fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C. Liver Int. 2010;30:472-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that there is an increased susceptibility of PBMC to apoptosis, which can be attributed to the constant contact of leucocytes with the inflamed liver tissue, or from direct HCV influence. ..
- Dobrzycka B, Terlikowski S, Kowalczuk O, Niklińska W, Chyczewski L, Kulikowski M. Mutations in the KRAS gene in ovarian tumors. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2009;47:221-4 pubmed publisher..Mutation frequency was correlated with the histological type of tumor, but not with stage, grade or patients age. ..
- Jurynczyk M, Walczak A, Jurewicz A, Jesionek Kupnicka D, Szczepanik M, Selmaj K. Immune regulation of multiple sclerosis by transdermally applied myelin peptides. Ann Neurol. 2010;68:593-601 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate for the first time the immunoregulatory potential of transdermal immunization with myelin peptides in MS patients. ..
- Maj J, Jankowska Konsur A, Sadakierska Chudy A, Noga L, Reich A. Altered microRNA expression in mycosis fungoides. Br J Dermatol. 2012;166:331-6 pubmed publisher..MicroRNAs are small noncoding RNA molecules involved in the regulation of various physiological and pathological processes. Altered expression of different microRNAs has been observed in both solid tumours and haematological malignancies...
- Gałecki P, Gałecka E, Maes M, Chamielec M, Orzechowska A, Bobinska K, et al. The expression of genes encoding for COX-2, MPO, iNOS, and sPLA2-IIA in patients with recurrent depressive disorder. J Affect Disord. 2012;138:360-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate and may confirm the role of peripheral IO&NS pathways in the pathophysiology of depression. The results represent a promising way to investigate biological markers of depression. ..
- Janowski K, Steuden S, Pietrzak A, Krasowska D, Kaczmarek L, Gradus I, et al. Social support and adaptation to the disease in men and women with psoriasis. Arch Dermatol Res. 2012;304:421-32 pubmed publisher..Tangible support seems the most important type of support contributing to better adaptation in both women and men with psoriasis. ..
- Mendak Ziółko M, Konopka T, Bogucki Z. Evaluation of select neurophysiological, clinical and psychological tests for burning mouth syndrome. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012;114:325-32 pubmed publisher..35 ms for the latency of the sensory ulnar nerve response. The BMS sufferer was characterized as having mild sensory and autonomic small fiber neuropathy with concomitant central disorders. ..
- Forczek W, Staszkiewicz R. Changes of kinematic gait parameters due to pregnancy. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2012;14:113-9 pubmed..However, we observed increased base of support and double support phase in gravidas comparing to non pregnant states (by about 10%). This finding indicates that there is a tendency to maximize safety in gait during pregnancy. ..
- Wrobel T, Mazur G, Dzietczenia J, Gębura K, Kuliczkowski K, Bogunia Kubik K. VEGF and bFGF gene polymorphisms in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:159813 pubmed publisher..37 versus 0.18, P = 0.095) and healthy individuals (0.37 versus 0.19, OR = 2.51, P = 0.038). These results imply that VEGF and bFGF gene polymorphisms have prognostic significance in patients with NHL. ..
- GrÄ…dalska Lampart M, Karczmarek Borowska B, Radziszewska A. Lung cancer in Podkarpackie region in the years 2002-2011. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2015;83:109-19 pubmed publisher..In the years 2002-2011 the highest value of incidence and mortality rate out of all districts of Podkarpackie Province was observed in the district LubaczÃ³w for men and in PrzemyÅ›l in case of women. ..
- Fabiś J, Rzepka R, Fabis A, Zwierzchowski J, Kubiak G, Stanula A, et al. Shoulder proprioception - lessons we learned from idiopathic frozen shoulder. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17:123 pubmed publisher..Differences greater than 15Â % for PJPS and >24Â % for AJPS for ER and IR can be helpful for future studies as baseline data for identification of particular passive and active shoulder stabilizers at risk. ..
- Kowalewski J, Brocki M, Zolynski K. Long-term observation in 68 patients operated on for pectus excavatum: surgical repair of funnel chest. Ann Thorac Surg. 1999;67:821-4 pubmed..Our technique for correction of pectus excavatum yields good short-term cosmetic results. Late recurrence of the deformity occurs during pubertal growth and does not appear to depend on surgical technique or length of follow-up. ..
- Jablonska E, Puzewska W, Grabowska Z, Jablonski J, Talarek L. VEGF, IL-18 and NO production by neutrophils and their serum levels in patients with oral cavity cancer. Cytokine. 2005;30:93-9 pubmed..Furthermore, our results suggest that the concentrations of VEGF and IL-18 in the serum are sensitive tumour markers in this patient group before and after treatment. ..
- Lazińska B, Ciszek M, Rokosz A, Sawicka Grzelak A, Paczek L, Luczak M. Bacteriological urinalysis in patients after renal transplantation. Pol J Microbiol. 2005;54:317-21 pubmed..The only drug of similar efficacy, which could be administered orally in outpatients was fosfomycin. ..
- Uziebło Zyczkowska B, Kubik L, Michałkiewicz D, Makowski K, Cholewa M. [Cardiac arrest with subsequent permanent anoxaemic brain damage in a patient with the Brugada syndrome]. Kardiol Pol. 2007;65:977-81 pubmed..Consequently, permanent anoxaemic brain damage was observed. Based on ECG examination, the Brugada syndrome was diagnosed as the cause of cardiac arrest. The ajmaline challenge test was performed in the members of the patient's family. ..
- Boehm D, Krzystek Korpacka M, Neubauer K, Matusiewicz M, Berdowska I, Zielinski B, et al. Paraoxonase-1 status in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009;15:93-9 pubmed publisher..PON1 reflected disease activity, inflammation severity, and anemia but not lipid peroxidation. The diagnostic power of PON1 was insufficient for its clinical application. ..
- Pawlak K, Domaniewski T, Mysliwiec M, Pawlak D. The kynurenines are associated with oxidative stress, inflammation and the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in patients with end-stage renal disease. Atherosclerosis. 2009;204:309-14 pubmed publisher..05) were independently associated with the presence of CVD in this population. These results suggest a relationship between KYN pathway activation and increased SOX, inflammation and CVD prevalence in ESRD patients. ..
- Bebenek M, Wojnar A. Infralevator lymphatic drainage of low-rectal cancers: preliminary results. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16:887-92 pubmed publisher..The demonstration of an alternative route of lymphatic drainage suggests that more radical surgical procedures are necessary for successful treatment of low-rectal cancers. ..
- GÅ‚owacka K, Orzechowska Juzwenko K, Bieniek A, Wiela HojeÅ„ska A, Hurkacz M. Optimization of lidocaine application in tumescent local anesthesia. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:641-53 pubmed..5 to 4 h after its infusion. This indicates the need for carefully conducted patient observations immediately after infiltration into the aforementioned areas. ..
- Kosciuch J, Krenke R, Gorska K, Zukowska M, Maskey Warzechowska M, Chazan R. Relationship between airway wall thickness assessed by high-resolution computed tomography and lung function in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60 Suppl 5:71-6 pubmed..In COPD, the thickening of airway wall also is related to exposure to tobacco smoke. ..
- Krawczyk A, Hasse Lazar K, Pawlaczek A, Szpak Ulczok S, Krajewska J, Paliczka Cieślak E, et al. Germinal mutations of RET, SDHB, SDHD, and VHL genes in patients with apparently sporadic pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas. Endokrynol Pol. 2010;61:43-8 pubmed..Pol J Endocrinol 2010; 61 (1): 43-48). ..
- Liberski P, Sikorska B, Hauw J, Kopp N, Streichenberger N, Giraud P, et al. Ultrastructural characteristics (or evaluation) of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and other human transmissible spongiform encephalopathies or prion diseases. Ultrastruct Pathol. 2010;34:351-61 pubmed publisher..e., composed of dystrophic neurites with little or no amyloid, were found only in a P102L case from the original Austrian family. In 2 cases of sporadic CJD, the kuru stellate plaque predominated. ..
- Jarzynska G, Falandysz J. Selenium and 17 other largely essential and toxic metals in muscle and organ meats of Red Deer (Cervus elaphus)--consequences to human health. Environ Int. 2011;37:882-8 pubmed publisher..When these are consumed by the Deer, the amount of Cd sequestered with metallothioneins and retained in the organ and muscle meat in this study is low enough to be considered safe for human consumption. ..
- Karabon L, Pawlak E, Tomkiewicz A, Jedynak A, Passowicz Muszyńska E, Zajda K, et al. CTLA-4, CD28, and ICOS gene polymorphism associations with non-small-cell lung cancer. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:947-54 pubmed publisher..1554+4GT(8_15)[>10] was associated with a decreased overall survival rate. In conclusion, the constellation of specific alleles in CTLA-4, CD28, and ICOS genes contributes to the susceptibility and clinical course of NSCLC. ..
- Chrzczanowicz J, Gawron Skarbek A, Kostka J, Nowak D, Drygas W, Jegier A, et al. Physical activity and total antioxidant capacity across an adult lifespan of men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012;44:575-82 pubmed publisher..High PA and fitness are associated with a more favorable overall risk profile of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases but are related to lower TAC. ..
- Miller E, Walczak A, Saluk J, Ponczek M, Majsterek I. Oxidative modification of patient's plasma proteins and its role in pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. Clin Biochem. 2012;45:26-30 pubmed publisher..0005). The level of uric acid in plasma was significantly lower in RRMS (P<0.0001) than SPMS. This is the first report which presented differences between SPMS and RRMS patients in 3-NT and protein carbonyl groups in plasma proteins. ..
- Larysz D, Zebracka Gala J, Rudnik A, Hasse Lazar K, Kowalska M, Jarząb M, et al. Expression of genes FOLR1, BAG1 and LAPTM4B in functioning and non-functioning pituitary adenomas. Folia Neuropathol. 2012;50:277-86 pubmed..For BAG1 we confirm a significantly higher expression in functioning (both PRL and GH producing) adenomas than non-functioning ones, while LAPTM4B does not exhibit any expression changes between different classes of pituitary tumours. ..
- Hajduk A, Nowicka Sauer K, SmoleÅ„ska Å, CzuszyÅ„ska Z, Zdrojewski Z. Prevalence and correlates of suicidal thoughts in patients with neuropsychiatric lupus. Lupus. 2016;25:185-92 pubmed publisher..Neuropsychiatric manifestation per se, depression, anxiety and patients' subjective complaints can be risk factors for suicidal ideation. Screening for suicidal thoughts is vital in routine care of SLE patients. ..
- Szafron L, Balcerak A, Grzybowska E, Pienkowska Grela B, Podgorska A, Zub R, et al. The putative oncogene, CRNDE, is a negative prognostic factor in ovarian cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2015;6:43897-910 pubmed publisher..Our results depict CRNDE as a potential marker of poor prognosis in women with ovarian carcinomas, and suggest that its significance depends on the therapeutic regimen used. ..
- Duchnowska R, Wysocki P, Korski K, Czartoryska ArÅ‚ukowicz B, NiwiÅ„ska A, Orlikowska M, et al. Immunohistochemical prediction of lapatinib efficacy in advanced HER2-positive breast cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2016;7:550-64 pubmed publisher..Further research is warranted to assess the clinical utility of these data and to determine a potential role of combining lapatinib with MAPK pathway inhibitors. ..
- Karolak J, Gambin T, Rydzanicz M, Szaflik J, Polakowski P, Frajdenberg A, et al. Evidence against ZNF469 being causative for keratoconus in Polish patients. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:289-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that variation in ZNF469 is not responsible for KTCN and other genetic variants are involved in the development and progression of this disease in Polish patients. ..
- Misiak B, Moustafa A, Kiejna A, Frydecka D. Childhood traumatic events and types of auditory verbal hallucinations in first-episode schizophrenia patients. Compr Psychiatry. 2016;66:17-22 pubmed publisher..Third person AVH and abusive/accusatory/persecutory voices, representing Schneiderian first-rank symptoms, might be particularly related to childhood traumatic events. ..
- Koszela K, Krukowska S, Woldanska Okonska M. [The assessment of the impact of rehabilitation on the pain intensity level in patients with herniated nucleus pulposus of the intervertebral disc]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2017;42:201-204 pubmed..An important element of a conservative treatment is an effective rehabilitation, which is of vital economic importance, because a therapy including surgery usually requires subsequent rehabilitation and is much more expensive. ..
- Deutsch K, Sledź J, Mazij M, Ludwik B, Labus M, Karbarz D, et al. Maximum voltage gradient technique for optimization of ablation for typical atrial flutter with zero-fluoroscopy approach. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6939 pubmed publisher..The most optimal method for RFCA of CTI-dependent AFL seems to be MVG; however, it required validation of optimal RFCA's parameters with clinical follow-up. ..
- Swiatkiewicz A, Jurkowski P, Kotschy M, Ciecierski M, Jawien A. Level of antithrombin III, protein C, protein S and other selected parameters of coagulation and fibrinolysis in the blood of the patients with recurrent deep venous thrombosis. Med Sci Monit. 2002;8:CR263-8 pubmed..001) than healthy controls. Reduced antithrombin III, protein C, protein S activity and excessive activation of the coagulation system with secondary fibrinolytic activity increase were found in patients with recurrent DVT. ..
- Marek K, Piotr W, Stanisław S, Stefan G, Justyna G, Mariusz N, et al. Fibreoptic bronchoscopy in routine clinical practice in confirming the diagnosis and treatment of inhalation burns. Burns. 2007;33:554-60 pubmed..We noted that performing fibreoptic bronchoscopy in patients with acute breathing insufficiency, who are intubated and require high concentrations of oxygen, is not recommended...
- Nowacka Zawisza M, Brys M, Romanowicz Makowska H, Kulig A, Krajewska W. Dinucleotide repeat polymorphisms of RAD51, BRCA1, BRCA2 gene regions in breast cancer. Pathol Int. 2008;58:275-81 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that dinucleotide CA repeat polymorphism at RAD51 and BRCA2 gene regions might be associated with genetic susceptibility to breast cancer. ..
- Duda G, Suliburska J, Pupek Musialik D. Effects of short-term garlic supplementation on lipid metabolism and antioxidant status in hypertensive adults. Pharmacol Rep. 2008;60:163-70 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that the investigated garlic preparation may be tentatively used as an adjunct agent in treatment of arterial hypertension because of its hypolipemic and antioxidant properties. ..
- Gos T, Günther K, Bielau H, Dobrowolny H, Mawrin C, Trubner K, et al. Suicide and depression in the quantitative analysis of glutamic acid decarboxylase-Immunoreactive neuropil. J Affect Disord. 2009;113:45-55 pubmed publisher..The study, revealing predominantly an increased relative density of GAD-ir neuropil, suggests the diathesis of GABAergic system specific for depressed suicidal patients. ..
- Lesniewicz T, Kanczuga Koda L, Baltaziak M, Jarzabek K, Rutkowski R, Koda M, et al. Comparative evaluation of estrogen and progesterone receptor expression with connexins 26 and 43 in endometrial cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2009;19:1253-7 pubmed publisher..Loss of functional gap junctions may occur because of the aberrant expression and localization of Cx26 and Cx43 in endometrial cancer. ..
- Kowalski J, Brylik A, Barylski M, Kowalczyk E, Pawlicki L, Mejer A, et al. [Exercise testing to estimate dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system in subjects with carbohydrate disorders]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2012;32:18-21 pubmed..HRR < or = 43.5/min results in almost threefold increased risk of carbohydrate disorders. ..
- Waszkiewicz N, Zalewska Szajda B, Zalewska A, Waszkiewicz M, Szajda S, Repka B, et al. Decrease in salivary lactoferrin output in chronically intoxicated alcohol-dependent patients. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2012;50:248-54 pubmed..The poorer periodontal state in alcohol dependent persons compared to controls may be a result of lower salivary flow and decreased protection of the oral cavity by lactoferrin...
- Kasacka I, Piotrowska Z, Car H, Janiuk I, Lebkowski W. Cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript : identification and distribution in human gastrointestinal tract. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2012;26:419-28 pubmed..Our findings may hopefully provide some contribution towards a more complete and comprehensive understanding of the function and role of the CART peptide in the alimentary system. ..
- Nowakowska D, Wujcicka W, Sobala W, Spiewak E, Gaj Z, Wilczynski J. Age-associated prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in 8281 pregnant women in Poland between 2004 and 2012. Epidemiol Infect. 2014;142:656-61 pubmed publisher..The increased mean age (28·7 vs 26·7 years, P<0·001) of pregnant women was probably the most important factor in abolishing the effect of falling prevalence rates...
- Moskowitz C, Nademanee A, Masszi T, Agura E, Holowiecki J, Abidi M, et al. Brentuximab vedotin as consolidation therapy after autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma at risk of relapse or progression (AETHERA): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2015;385:1853-62 pubmed publisher..This treatment provides an important therapeutic option for patients undergoing autologous stem-cell transplantation. Seattle Genetics and Takeda Pharmaceuticals International. ..
- Lesiak A, Sobolewska Sztychny D, Majak P, Sobjanek M, Wódz K, Sygut K, et al. Relation between sonic hedgehog pathway gene polymorphisms and basal cell carcinoma development in the Polish population. Arch Dermatol Res. 2016;308:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results mainly underline the potential role of SHH3 rs104894040 349 T/C gene polymorphism in the development of skin basal cell carcinomas in patients of Polish origin. ..
- Kim W, Berg T, Asselah T, Flisiak R, Fung S, Gordon S, et al. Evaluation of APRI and FIB-4 scoring systems for non-invasive assessment of hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis B patients. J Hepatol. 2016;64:773-80 pubmed publisher..APRI and FIB-4 scores are not suitable for use in clinical practice in CHB patients for assessment of hepatic fibrosis according to Ishak stage, especially in gauging improvements in liver fibrosis following therapy. ..
- Park W, Yoo D, Jaworski J, Brzezicki J, Gnylorybov A, Kadinov V, et al. Comparable long-term efficacy, as assessed by patient-reported outcomes, safety and pharmacokinetics, of CT-P13 and reference infliximab in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: 54-week results from the randomized, parallel-group PLANETAS study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:25 pubmed publisher..Over a 1-year period, CT-P13 was well tolerated and displayed a safety profile comparable to RP; no differences in immunogenicity were observed. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01220518 . Registered 4 October 2010. ..
- Traczyk J, Fulawka K. Numeracy moderates the influence of task-irrelevant affect on probability weighting. Cognition. 2016;151:37-41 pubmed publisher..We propose two candidate mechanisms for the observed effect. ..
- Schadendorf D, Long G, Stroiakovski D, Karaszewska B, Hauschild A, Levchenko E, et al. Three-year pooled analysis of factors associated with clinical outcomes across dabrafenib and trametinib combination therapy phase 3 randomised trials. Eur J Cancer. 2017;82:45-55 pubmed publisher..Although the best predictive model evolved with longer follow-up, factors predicting clinical outcomes with the combination remained consistent with previous analyses. ..
- Wierzba Bobrowicz T, Gwiazda E, Kosno Kruszewska E, Lewandowska E, Lechowicz W, Bertrand E, et al. Morphological analysis of active microglia--rod and ramified microglia in human brains affected by some neurological diseases (SSPE, Alzheimer's disease and Wilson's disease). Folia Neuropathol. 2002;40:125-31 pubmed..Our observations revealed a strong similarity between immunohistochemical phenotypes of both morphological forms of microglia with the indication that rod microglia is a first developmental form of activated microglia. ..
- Uszyński M, Uszyński W, Zekanowska E, Kuczyński J, Szymanski M. A comparative study of the protein C system in mother's blood, cord blood and amniotic fluid. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2010;48:262-6 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, as an exception, the concentrations of TM and TAFI are the highest in fetus blood. ..
- Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M, Pawlak D. Impact of residual renal function and HCV seropositivity on plasma CD40/CD40L system and oxidative status in haemodialysis patients. Clin Biochem. 2010;43:1393-8 pubmed publisher..The loss of RRF and HCV seropositivity increased plasma levels of sCD40/sCD40L and oxidative status in HD patients. ..
- Targońska Stepniak B, Dryglewska M, Majdan M. Influence of long-term leflunomide treatment on serum amyloid concentration in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:719-25 pubmed..During the treatment, SAA concentrations decreased significantly, followed by a slight increase, in spite of a reduction in other classical indicators of inflammatory response. ..
- Zuzewicz K, Saulewicz A, Konarska M, Kaczorowski Z. Heart rate variability and motion sickness during forklift simulator driving. Int J Occup Saf Ergon. 2011;17:403-10 pubmed..In subjects with a definite inclination to motion sickness after ~30 min of the driving, changes in parameter values were found indicating an increase in sympathetic and parasympathetic activity with parasympathetic dominance. ..
- Szymczak J, Bohdanowicz Pawlak A, Waszczuk E, Jakubowska J. Low bone mineral density in adult patients with coeliac disease. Endokrynol Pol. 2012;63:270-6 pubmed..Gluten avoidance increased BMD, although the values remained markedly lower in several patients. Because of chronic calcium deficiency despite GFD, calcium and vitamin D supplementation in most adult CD patients is proposed. ..
- Wysokinski D, Blasiak J, Wozniak K. Zinc differentially modulates DNA damage induced by anthracyclines in normal and cancer cells. Exp Oncol. 2012;34:327-31 pubmed..Our results suggest that zinc may protect normal cells against DNA-damaging action of anthracyclins and increase this action in cancer cells. ..
- Kurpas D, Mroczek B, Sochocka L, Church J. School age children with HIV/AIDS: possible discrimination and attitudes against. Rev Esc Enferm USP. 2013;47:1305-10 pubmed publisher..These respondents can be a potential target group for HIV/AIDS educational programmes. Most respondents think that there is insufficient information about the HIV/AIDS in the mass media. ..
- McKay J, Hung R, Han Y, Zong X, Carreras Torres R, Christiani D, et al. Large-scale association analysis identifies new lung cancer susceptibility loci and heterogeneity in genetic susceptibility across histological subtypes. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1126-1132 pubmed publisher..Other loci include genes such as a cholinergic nicotinic receptor, CHRNA2, and the telomere-related genes OFBC1 and RTEL1. Further exploration of the target genes will continue to provide new insights into the etiology of lung cancer...
- Polterauer S, Schwameis R, Grimm C, Macuks R, Iacoponi S, Zalewski K, et al. Prognostic value of lymph node ratio and number of positive inguinal nodes in patients with vulvar cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:92-97 pubmed publisher..LNR allows for more accurate prognostic stratification of patients than number of positive nodes. LNR seems useful to select appropriate candidates for adjuvant radiation. ..
- Czarnecka D, Kawecka Jaszcz K, Stolarz K, Olszanecka A, Kiec Wilk B, Dembinska Kiec A. Genetic factors in hypertension. Angiotensin-converting enzyme polymorphism. Kardiol Pol. 2004;61:1-10; discussion 11 pubmed..06). In the study group of nuclear families, I/D polymorphism of the ACE gene did not influence blood pressure, left ventricular mass or carotid intima-media thickness. ..
- Ferens Sieczkowska M, Kossowska B, Gancarz R, Dudzik D, Knas M, Popko J, et al. Fucosylation in synovial fluid as a novel clinical marker for differentiating joint diseases--a preliminary study. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2007;25:92-5 pubmed..The density of fucosylated epitopes differs significantly in particular glycoproteins of synovial fluid in joint diseases and may be of potential diagnostic value in differentiating diseases of inflammatory and degenerative origin. ..
- Gorska K, Krenke R, Kościuch J, Przybyłowski T, Domagała Kulawik J, Hildebrand K, et al. [The relationship between markers of airway inflammation and thickness of the basement membrane in patients with asthma]. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2007;75:363-9 pubmed..There also was no correlation between BM thickness and length of asthma duration or degree of the disease. There was no relationship between BM thickness and total number of cells nor number of eosinophils in BALF and/or IS. ..
- Kuryliszyn Moskal A, Klimiuk P, Ciolkiewicz M, Sierakowski S. Clinical significance of selected endothelial activation markers in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2008;35:1307-13 pubmed..Moreover, elevated ET-1 concentrations are related to disease activity, suggesting a key role of endothelial cell activation in systemic manifestations in SLE patients. ..
- Piekarska A, Zboinska J, Szymczak W, Kuydowicz J. Independent prognostic factors in patients with liver cirrhosis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2008;55:1034-40 pubmed..Analysis of presence of common clinical symptoms is crucial for evaluation of patients' prognosis. ..
- Nowak M, Wielkoszyński T, Marek B, Kos Kudła B, Swietochowska E, Sieminska L, et al. Blood serum levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule (sVCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule (sICAM-1) and endothelial leucocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1) in diabetic retinopathy. Clin Exp Med. 2008;8:159-64 pubmed publisher..005) and with group 1 (81.2 +/- 27.7 ng/ml, p < 0.05). The correlations found between sVCAM-1, sICAM-1 and sELAM-1 and the presence of retinopathy suggest that cellular adhesion and neovascularization may be linked processes. ..
- Mroz R, Korniluk M, Stasiak Barmuta A, Chyczewska E. Upregulation of Th1 cytokine profile in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with hypersensitivity pneumonitis. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;59 Suppl 6:499-505 pubmed..68, P=0.015) and a negative one between IL-12 and the percentage of macrophages in BALF (r=-0.64, P=0.024). We conclude that upregulation of the Th1 cell cytokine profile may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of HP. ..
- Krzystek Korpacka M, Matusiewicz M, Diakowska D, Grabowski K, Blachut K, Kustrzeba Wojcicka I, et al. Even a mild anemia is related to tumor aggressiveness mediated by angiogenic factors. Exp Oncol. 2009;31:52-6 pubmed..Even a mild pre-treatment anemia is associated with cancers metastasizing especially to regional lymph nodes, which seems to be mediated by some of studied angiogenic factors. ..
- Wudkowska A, Goch J, Goch A. Ischemia-modified albumin in differential diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome without ST elevation and unstable angina pectoris. Kardiol Pol. 2010;68:431-7 pubmed..2. The upward trend of IMA concentration was associated with the duration of chest pain in patients with ACS, whereas the opposite trend was found in patients with unstable angina pectoris. ..
- Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M, Pawlak D. Kynurenine pathway - a new link between endothelial dysfunction and carotid atherosclerosis in chronic kidney disease patients. Adv Med Sci. 2010;55:196-203 pubmed publisher..It opens a new idea that the inhibition of kynurenine pathway may provide an effective strategy to slow down endothelial dysfunction and thereby the prevalence of atherosclerosis in this population. ..
- Bielecki M, Kowal K, Lapinska A, Bernatowicz P, Chyczewski L, Kowal Bielecka O. Increased production of a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) by peripheral blood mononuclear cells is associated with antitopoisomerase I antibody and more severe disease in systemic sclerosis. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:2286-9 pubmed publisher..Targeting the APRIL pathway might represent a therapeutic possibility for treatment of patients with SSc, in particular those with anti-topo I antibodies. ..
- Sawicki M, Sypniewska G, Kozinski M, Gruszka M, Krintus M, Obonska K, et al. Diagnostic efficacy of myeloperoxidase for the detection of acute coronary syndromes. Eur J Clin Invest. 2011;41:667-71 pubmed publisher..Combined evaluation of MPO and cTnI possessed remarkably higher sensitivity than assessment of cTnI alone in all patients with ACS. Myeloperoxidase substantially facilitates the early diagnosis of ACS. ..
- Zamyslowska Szmytke E, Politanski P, Sliwinska Kowalska M. Balance system assessment in workers exposed to organic solvent mixture. J Occup Environ Med. 2011;53:441-7 pubmed publisher..Balance abnormalities in solvent-exposed workers indicated subclinical damage, mainly of central part of vestibular system and body-movement coordination. It would not be reasonable to exclude the vestibular hyporeactivity. ..
- Tuszyńska A, Krzeski A, Postuba M, Paczek L, Wyczalkowska Tomasik A, Gornicka B, et al. Inflammatory cytokines gene expression in bone tissue from patients with chronic rhinosinusitis- a preliminary study. Rhinology. 2010;48:415-9 pubmed publisher..02) and TNF? gene expression in bone tissue (p=0.0035). In our study we have demonstrated that in some patients with CRS and coexisting symptoms of osteitis some inflammatory markers genes expression are increased in this population. ..
- Laudanski P, Gorodkiewicz E, Ramotowska B, Charkiewicz R, Kuzmicki M, Szamatowicz J. Determination of cathepsins B, D and G concentration in eutopic proliferative endometrium of women with endometriosis by the surface plasmon resonance imaging (SPRI) technique. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013;169:80-3 pubmed publisher..33-2.51) vs 0.3 pmol/mg (min-max 0.16-1.29) p=0.00051]. Increased concentrations of cathepsins B, D and G in the proliferative eutopic endometrium may play a role in the implantation of endometrial tissue outside the uterine cavity. ..