Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Italy
Publications944 found, 100 shown here
- De Benedetto U, Battaglia Parodi M, Knutsson K, Librando A, Bandello F, Lanzetta P, et al. Intravitreal bevacizumab for extrafoveal choroidal neovascularization after ocular trauma. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2012;28:550-2 pubmed..To describe two cases of extrafoveal choroidal neovascularization (CNV) after ocular trauma successfully treated with intravitreal bevacizumab injection...
- Faravelli C, Lo Sauro C, Lelli L, Pietrini F, Lazzeretti L, Godini L, et al. The role of life events and HPA axis in anxiety disorders: a review. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:5663-74 pubmed..The hypothesis that early stressful life events may provoke alterations of the stress response and thus of the HPA axis, that can endure during adulthood, predisposing individuals to develop psychopathology, will be evaluated. ..
- Tirelli U, Errante D, Spina M, Gastaldi R, Nigra E, Nosari A, et al. Second-line chemotherapy in human immunodeficiency virus-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: evidence of activity of a combination of etoposide, mitoxantrone, and prednimustine in relapsed patients. Cancer. 1996;77:2127-31 pubmed..Prolonged survival has been observed in some patients who had relapsed after initial chemotherapy. ..
- Vetrugno M, Maino A, Quaranta G, Cardia L. A randomized, comparative open-label study on the efficacy of latanoprost and timolol in steroid induced ocular hypertension after photorefractive keratectomy. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2000;10:205-11 pubmed..To evaluate the effect of 0.005% latanoprost and 0.50% timolol for the treatment of steroid-induced ocular hypertension (SIOH) after excimer laser photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)...
- Cornelini R, Artese L, Rubini C, Fioroni M, Ferrero G, Santinelli A, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor and microvessel density around healthy and failing dental implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2001;16:389-93 pubmed..0373). Because of its extensive presence, VEGF is probably a factor in both the maintenance of periodontal physiology and in the progression of peri-implant inflammatory disease. ..
- Boscia F, La Tegola M, Alessio G, Sborgia C. Accuracy of Orbscan optical pachymetry in corneas with haze. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002;28:253-8 pubmed..The repeatability of the measures was good, suggesting that the cause of error lies in the optical acquisition process. ..
- Falsetti P, Frediani B, Filippou G, Acciai C, Baldi F, Storri L, et al. Enthesitis of proximal insertion of the deltoid in the course of seronegative spondyloarthritis. An atypical enthesitis that can mime impingement syndrome. Scand J Rheumatol. 2002;31:158-62 pubmed..DPIE can determine shoulder pain in the course of SpA, and in particular in PsA. The clinical manifestations of DPIE are very similar to those of an impingement syndrome; sonography can differentiate the two conditions. ..
- Grillo Ruggieri F, Mantello G, Cardinali M, Fabbietti L, Fenu F, Montisci M, et al. Down-staging after two different preoperative chemoradiation schedules in rectal cancer. Tumori. 2003;89:164-7 pubmed..To compare preoperative down-staging, toxicity and sphincter-saving procedures obtained with preoperative radiotherapy and two different concomitant chemotherapy schedules...
- Dotti M, Malandrini A, Gambelli S, Salvadori C, De Stefano N, Federico A. A new missense mutation in caveolin-3 gene causes rippling muscle disease. J Neurol Sci. 2006;243:61-4 pubmed..We report a new Italian family with autosomal dominant rippling muscle disease. Immunocytochemical analysis of muscle showed a deficit of caveolin-3 protein and molecular genetic analysis showed a novel mutation of the Cav-3 gene. ..
- Garavelli L, Mainardi P. Mowat-Wilson syndrome. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2007;2:42 pubmed..Psychomotor development is delayed in all patients, therefore rehabilitation (physical therapy, psychomotor and speech therapy) should be started as soon as possible. ..
- Grassi G, Seravalle G, Quarti Trevano F, Dell Oro R, Arenare F, Spaziani D, et al. Sympathetic and baroreflex cardiovascular control in hypertension-related left ventricular dysfunction. Hypertension. 2009;53:205-9 pubmed publisher..The sympathetic overactivity, which is likely to be related to the baroreflex impairment, may account for the increased cardiovascular risk characterizing diastolic dysfunction. ..
- Della Vigna P, Monfardini L, Bonomo G, Curigliano G, Agazzi A, Bellomi M, et al. Coagulation disorders in patients with cancer: nontunneled central venous catheter placement with US guidance--a single-institution retrospective analysis. Radiology. 2009;253:249-52 pubmed publisher..In patients with cancer who had coagulation disorders, nontunneled CVC placement with US guidance was feasible and safe and did not require correction of coagulation parameters. ..
- Iagnocco A, Riente L, Delle Sedie A, Filippucci E, Salaffi F, Meenagh G, et al. Ultrasound imaging for the rheumatologist. XXII. Achilles tendon involvement in spondyloarthritis. A multi-centre study using high frequency volumetric probe. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009;27:547-51 pubmed..Our study for the first time demonstrated that 3D US is a valid imaging modality for the assessment of Achilles tendon enthesitis...
- Grano C, Aminoff D, Lucidi F, Violani C. Long-term disease-specific quality of life in adult anorectal malformation patients. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:691-698 pubmed publisher..Urinary incontinence contributed less in explaining QOL in our patients, but because it is very relevant for sexual functioning, it should not be disregarded. ..
- Raisi O, Magnani C, Bigiani N, Cianciavicchia E, D Amico R, Muscatello U, et al. The diagnostic reliability of urinary cytology: a retrospective study. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012;40:608-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, economic considerations suggest the preferential use of Thin Prep 3000...
- Martarelli D, Cocchioni M, Scuri S, Pompei P. Diaphragmatic breathing reduces postprandial oxidative stress. J Altern Complement Med. 2011;17:623-8 pubmed publisher..05). Diaphragmatic breathing, likely through the activation of the parasympathetic nervous system, increases insulin, reduces glycemia, and reduces reactive oxygen species production. ..
- Dalfrà M, Sartore G, Di Cianni G, Mello G, Lencioni C, Ottanelli S, et al. Glucose variability in diabetic pregnancy. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2011;13:853-9 pubmed publisher..Optimal glucose control and less glucose variability are needed as early as possible in both type 1 diabetes and GDM patients to ensure normal fetal growth. ..
- Mignini F, Napolioni V, Codazzo C, Carpi F, Vitali M, Romeo M, et al. DRD2/ANKK1 TaqIA and SLC6A3 VNTR polymorphisms in alcohol dependence: association and gene-gene interaction study in a population of Central Italy. Neurosci Lett. 2012;522:103-7 pubmed publisher..Our study in a population of Central Italy extends and confirms previous results and, for the first time, tested the gene-gene interaction between SLC6A3 and DRD2 in AD. ..
- Stampalija T, Casati D, Monasta L, Sassi R, Rivolta M, Muggiasca M, et al. Brain sparing effect in growth-restricted fetuses is associated with decreased cardiac acceleration and deceleration capacities: a case-control study. BJOG. 2016;123:1947-1954 pubmed publisher..Brain sparing in IUGR fetuses is associated with decreased acceleration and deceleration capacities of the heart. ..
- Bolognesi R, Tsialtas D, Vasini P, Conti M, Manca C. Abnormal ventricular repolarization mimicking myocardial infarction after heterocyclic antidepressant overdose. Am J Cardiol. 1997;79:242-5 pubmed..Because serum electrolyte imbalance and acute myocardial ischemic events were excluded, the mechanism by which antidepressant overdose may produce such elevation of the ST tract remains unclear. ..
- Zancanaro C, Merigo F, Crescimanno C, Orlandini S, Osculati A. Immunohistochemical evidence suggests intrinsic regulatory activity of human eccrine sweat glands. J Anat. 1999;194 ( Pt 3):433-44 pubmed..It is suggested that human sweat glands are capable of some intrinsic regulation in addition to that carried out by their nerve supply...
- Gion M, Boracchi P, Dittadi R, Biganzoli E, Peloso L, Gatti C, et al. Quantitative measurement of soluble cytokeratin fragments in tissue cytosol of 599 node negative breast cancer patients: a prognostic marker possibly associated with apoptosis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2000;59:211-21 pubmed
- Maura G, Marcoli M, Pepicelli O, Rosu C, Viola C, Raiteri M. Serotonin inhibition of the NMDA receptor/nitric oxide/cyclic GMP pathway in human neocortex slices: involvement of 5-HT(2C) and 5-HT(1A) receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;130:1853-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the NMDA receptor/NO/cyclic GMP pathway in human neocortex slices can be potently inhibited by activation of 5-HT(2C) or 5-HT(1A) receptors. ..
- Dal Maso L, Rezza G, Zambon P, Tagliabue G, Crocetti E, Vercelli M, et al. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma among young adults with and without AIDS in Italy. Int J Cancer. 2001;93:430-5 pubmed..Our present linkage of RAIDS and CRs represents an efficient tool for the surveillance of trends in incidence and survival of NHL among PWA in Italy. ..
- Buonomo O, Felici A, Granai A, Piccirillo R, De Liguori Carino N, Guadagni F, et al. Sentinel lymphadenectomy in cutaneous melanoma. Tumori. 2002;88:S49-51 pubmed..In the last ten years validation of the sentinel lymph node (SLN) concept has led to modification of the surgical approach for patients with intermediate-risk cutaneous melanoma...
- Tomasini D, Tomasini C, Cerri A, Sangalli G, Palmedo G, Hantschke M, et al. Pityriasis lichenoides: a cytotoxic T-cell-mediated skin disorder. Evidence of human parvovirus B19 DNA in nine cases. J Cutan Pathol. 2004;31:531-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that PL is a skin disorder mediated by the effector cytotoxic T-cell population. The identification of PVB19 DNA in nine cases may be interpreted ambiguously: PVB19 as a true pathogen or as an innocent bystander. ..
- Riccio M, Paolo Pangrazi P, Campodonico A, Bertani A. Delayed microsurgical reconstruction of the extremities for complex soft-tissue injuries. Microsurgery. 2005;25:272-83 pubmed
- Palomba S, Russo T, Orio F, Falbo A, Manguso F, Cascella T, et al. Uterine effects of metformin administration in anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Hum Reprod. 2006;21:457-65 pubmed..Metformin improves all surrogate markers of endometrial receptivity in PCOS patients, without difference between patients who had favourable or unfavourable reproductive outcome. ..
- Porpiglia F, Vaccino D, Billia M, Renard J, Cracco C, Ghignone G, et al. Corticosteroids and tamsulosin in the medical expulsive therapy for symptomatic distal ureter stones: single drug or association?. Eur Urol. 2006;50:339-44 pubmed..In addition, tamsulosin used on its own as a medical expulsive therapy can be considered as an alternative treatment for those patients who are not suitable for steroid therapy, as it is generally efficient. ..
- Cacchio A, Paoloni M, Barile A, Don R, de Paulis F, Calvisi V, et al. Effectiveness of radial shock-wave therapy for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: single-blind, randomized clinical study. Phys Ther. 2006;86:672-82 pubmed
- Mangili G, Garavaglia E, Cavoretto P, Gentile C, Scarfone G, Rabaiotti E. Clinical presentation of hydatidiform mole in northern Italy: has it changed in the last 20 years?. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;198:302.e1-4 pubmed publisher..This study was undertaken to evaluate whether the current clinical presentation of hydatidiform mole changed in the recent years compared with an historic group...
- Bussotti M, Magrì D, Previtali E, Farina S, Torri A, Matturri M, et al. End-tidal pressure of CO2 and exercise performance in healthy subjects. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2008;103:727-32 pubmed publisher..This respiratory pattern may belong to subjects with potential high performance. ..
- Bocciardi R, Bordo D, Di Duca M, Di Rocco M, Ravazzolo R. Mutational analysis of the ACVR1 gene in Italian patients affected with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva: confirmations and advancements. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:311-8 pubmed publisher..The novel amino-acid substitution is predicted to influence either the conformation/stability of the GS region or the binding affinity with FKBP12, resulting in a less stringent inhibitory control on the ACVR1 kinase activity...
- Riva C, Romano L, Saladini F, Lai A, Carr J, Francisci D, et al. Identification of a possible ancestor of the subtype A1 HIV Type 1 variant circulating in the former Soviet Union. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008;24:1319-25 pubmed publisher..The identification of this distinct A1 variant may support the origin of the Russian A epidemic from West Africa. ..
- Capocaccia R, Martina L, Inghelmann R, Crocetti E, De Lisi V, Falcini F, et al. A method to estimate mortality trends when death certificates are imprecisely coded: an application to cervical cancer in Italy. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1200-5 pubmed publisher..The same method can be used to assess mortality rates for every cancer entity identifiable in cancer registries data, not otherwise available from official death records. ..
- Marchiole P, Cittadini G, Sala P, Moioli M, Mathevet P, Capaccio E, et al. Pre- and post-operative work-up in patients affected by early cervical cancer and eligible for fertility-sparing treatment: role of MRI with saline hydrocolpos. Abdom Imaging. 2010;35:271-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate the role of MRI with hydrocolpos about pre- and post-operative work-up in women eligible for fertility-sparing treatment. ..
- Bracco P, Debernardi C, Piancino M, Cirigliano M, Salvetti G, Bazzichi L, et al. Evaluation of the stomatognathic system in patients with rheumatoid arthritis according to the research diagnostic criteria for temporomandibular disorders. Cranio. 2010;28:181-6 pubmed..e., rheumatologists, to provide a diagnosis and therapy...
- Conzo G, Perna A, Sinisi A, Palazzo A, Stanzione F, Della Pietra C, et al. Total parathyroidectomy without autotransplantation in the surgical treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism of chronic kidney disease. J Endocrinol Invest. 2012;35:8-13 pubmed publisher..Post-operative aparathyroidism is rare, while hypoparathyroidism and hypocalcemia can be well controled by medical treatment. ..
- Felice P, Soardi E, Pellegrino G, Pistilli R, Marchetti C, Gessaroli M, et al. Treatment of the atrophic edentulous maxilla: short implants versus bone augmentation for placing longer implants. Five-month post-loading results of a pilot randomised controlled trial. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011;4:191-202 pubmed..To evaluate whether short (5 to 8.5 mm) dental implants could be a suitable alternative to longer (>11.5 mm) implants placed in atrophic maxillae augmented with autogenous bone for supporting dental prostheses...
- Turiel M, Gianturco L, Ricci C, Sarzi Puttini P, Tomasoni L, Colonna V, et al. Silent cardiovascular involvement in patients with diffuse systemic sclerosis: a controlled cross-sectional study. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2013;65:274-80 pubmed publisher..0001) than in healthy controls. SSc patients without any clinical evidence of CVD seem to have had subclinical atherosclerosis, which was suggested by early impairment of coronary microcirculation and macrovascular involvement. ..
- Massironi S, Cavalcoli F, Rossi R, Conte D, Spampatti M, Ciafardini C, et al. Chronic autoimmune atrophic gastritis associated with primary hyperparathyroidism: a transversal prospective study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;168:755-61 pubmed publisher..4 vs 1-3%), and the prevalence of CAAG in PHPT patients is fourfold that of the general population (7.4 vs 2%). The mechanisms underlying this association remain unknown, but a potential role for autoimmunity is suggested. ..
- Anderson G, Deluigi F, Belli G, Tentoni C, Gaetz M. Training for improved neuro-muscular control of balance in middle aged females. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2016;20:10-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that short term progressive floor to BOSUâ„¢ balance training can improve standing balance in middle aged women. ..
- Ria R, Loverro G, Vacca A, Ribatti D, Cormio G, Roccaro A, et al. Angiogenesis extent and expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 agree with progression of ovarian endometriomas. Eur J Clin Invest. 2002;32:199-206 pubmed
- Trecate G, Tess J, Vergnaghi D, Bergonzi S, De Simone T, Mariani G, et al. Breast microcalcifications studied with 3D contrast-enhanced high-field magnetic resonance imaging: more accuracy in the diagnosis of breast cancer. Tumori. 2002;88:224-33 pubmed..To evaluate the reliability of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) performed with three-dimensional (3D) sequences in mammographically detected breast microcalcifications...
- Benedetti F, Serretti A, Colombo C, Lilli R, Lorenzi C, Smeraldi E. Dopamine receptor D2 and D3 gene variants are not associated with the antidepressant effect of total sleep deprivation in bipolar depression. Psychiatry Res. 2003;118:241-7 pubmed..Consideration of possible stratification effects such as gender, age at onset and duration of illness did not reveal any association either. The tested gene variants are not a main factor influencing TSD outcome in bipolar disorder. ..
- Basso A. Perseveration or the Tower of Babel. Semin Speech Lang. 2004;25:375-89 pubmed..It is argued that recovery of the underlying functional damage reduces the perseverative behavior...
- Ferrari M, Benini L, Brotto E, Locatelli F, De Iorio F, Bonella F, et al. Omeprazole reduces the response to capsaicin but not to methacholine in asthmatic patients with proximal reflux. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007;42:299-307 pubmed..In asthmatics, inhibition of gastric acid secretion does not influence bronchial hyperresponsiveness but decreases tussive sensitivity and this effect is related to proximal reflux. ..
- Capsoni F, Ongari A, Frigerio E, Taglioni M, Altomare G. Effect of Efalizumab on neutrophil and monocyte functions in patients with psoriasis. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2008;21:437-45 pubmed..Our findings suggest that neutrophils and monocytes may be among the targets of efalizumab activity in patients with psoriasis. ..
- Braga M, Ljungqvist O, Soeters P, Fearon K, Weimann A, Bozzetti F. ESPEN Guidelines on Parenteral Nutrition: surgery. Clin Nutr. 2009;28:378-86 pubmed publisher..In those patients who are unable to be fed via the enteral route after surgery, and in whom total or near total parenteral nutrition is required, a full range of vitamins and trace elements should be supplemented on a daily basis. ..
- Maggi R, Viscardi V, Furukawa T, Brignole M. Non-invasive continuous blood pressure monitoring of tachycardic episodes during interventional electrophysiology. Europace. 2010;12:1616-22 pubmed publisher..81, P < 0.0001). In conclusion, continuous non-invasive BP monitoring is feasible in the clinical practise of an interventional electrophysiology laboratory without the need of utilization of an intra-arterial BP line. ..
- Malaguti A, Rossini D, Lucca A, Magri L, Lorenzi C, Pirovano A, et al. Role of COMT, 5-HT(1A) , and SERT genetic polymorphisms on antidepressant response to Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. Depress Anxiety. 2011;28:568-73 pubmed publisher..The effect of COMT and SERTPR did not reach statistical significance. The analysis of these and other candidate genes in larger samples could help explain genetic influence on TMS response. ..
- Ferraioli G, Tinelli C, Maggi P, Gervasoni C, Grima P, Viskovic K, et al. Arterial stiffness evaluation in HIV-positive patients: a multicenter matched control study. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011;197:1258-62 pubmed publisher..Arterial stiffness is emerging as a predictor of CVD risk. By recording the blood pressure, an automated echo-tracking system implemented in ultrasound equipment allows evaluation of arterial stiffness...
- Magarotto R, Lunardi G, Coati F, Cassandrini P, Picece V, Ferrighi S, et al. Reduced use of chemotherapy at the end of life in an integrated-care model of oncology and palliative care. Tumori. 2011;97:573-7 pubmed publisher..We evaluated appropriately timed cessation of chemotherapy in our Oncology Department after integration of a Supportive and Palliative Care Unit...
- Maggi L, Faragò G, Mantegazza R, Ciceri E. Percutaneous vertebroplasty in a series of myasthenic patients with steroid-induced symptomatic vertebral fractures. Neurol Sci. 2013;34:773-6 pubmed publisher..Although clinical indication for PVP is still controversial, in our experience PVP is a useful and safe tool to be considered in the management of recent steroid-induced symptomatic VFs in selected MG patients. ..
- Colombo E, Scarsi M, Piantoni S, Tincani A, AirÃ² P. Serum levels of granzyme B decrease in patients with rheumatoid arthritis responding to abatacept. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:37-41 pubmed..However, the lack of correlation of such decrease with the numbers of circulating CD28-neg T cells suggests that these cells probably are not the main source of serum GZMB. ..
- Chiari D, Bissolati M, Gazzetta P, Guarneri G, Tomanin D, Maffi P, et al. Pancreas Transplantation From Very Small Pediatric Donor Using the "Cephalic Placement" Technique: A Case Report. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:435-7 pubmed publisher..Pancreases from very young pediatric donors are adequate to restore insulin independence after PTA in adult patients. The "cephalic placement" technique is feasible and effective using very small pancreases. ..
- Bisceglia L, Ciaschetti M, De Bonis P, Campo P, Pizzicoli C, Scala C, et al. VSX1 mutational analysis in a series of Italian patients affected by keratoconus: detection of a novel mutation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:39-45 pubmed
- Stinco G, Codutti R, Scarbolo M, Valent F, Patrone P. A retrospective epidemiological study on the association of bullous pemphigoid and neurological diseases. Acta Derm Venereol. 2005;85:136-9 pubmed..The aetiopathogenic mechanisms and the causes that induce the loss of immunological tolerance are not yet understood. ..
- Vetrugno R, Manconi M, Ferini Strambi L, Provini F, Plazzi G, Montagna P. Nocturnal eating: sleep-related eating disorder or night eating syndrome? A videopolysomnographic study. Sleep. 2006;29:949-54 pubmed
- Savojardo D, Mangano M, Cantu P, Penagini R. Multiple rapid swallowing in idiopathic achalasia: evidence for patients' heterogeneity. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2007;19:263-9 pubmed..1]; however, it induced complete LOS relaxation in three of the patients. MRS gives further evidence of functional heterogeneity among achalasia patients. ..
- Vicari S, Verucci L, Carlesimo G. Implicit memory is independent from IQ and age but not from etiology: evidence from Down and Williams syndromes. J Intellect Disabil Res. 2007;51:932-41 pubmed..These results are relevant for our knowledge about the qualitative aspects and the underlying neurobiological substrate of the anomalous cognitive development in mentally retarded people. ..
- Lesma E, Grande V, Ancona S, Carelli S, Di Giulio A, Gorio A. Anti-EGFR antibody efficiently and specifically inhibits human TSC2-/- smooth muscle cell proliferation. Possible treatment options for TSC and LAM. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3558 pubmed publisher..Our results show that an EGF independent pathway is more important than that involving IGF-I for growth and survival of TSC(-/-) ASM cells, and such EGF-dependency is the result of the lack of tuberin. ..
- Marchi M, Lisi S, Curcio M, Barbuti S, Piaggi P, Ceccarini G, et al. Human leptin tissue distribution, but not weight loss-dependent change in expression, is associated with methylation of its promoter. Epigenetics. 2011;6:1198-206 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, methylation density in the leptin promoter constitutes one control level for cell type specific leptin expression, whereas weight-loss induced changes in leptin expression does not seem to be methylation-dependent. ..
- Erba D, Casiraghi M, Martínez Conesa C, Goi G, Massaccesi L. Isoflavone supplementation reduces DNA oxidative damage and increases O-?-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminidase activity in healthy women. Nutr Res. 2012;32:233-40 pubmed publisher..01). The results indicated a positive effect of IF supplementation on oxidative stress in women, thus suggesting that the healthful action ascribed to soy consumption may be partially related to the antioxidant potential of IFs. ..
- Cerruto M, Vedovi E, Mantovani W, D Elia C, Artibani W. Effects of ankle position on pelvic floor muscle electromyographic activity in female stress urinary incontinence: preliminary results from a pilot study. Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2012;84:184-8 pubmed..Nevertheless, this ankle inclination is very uncomfortable. We carried out this study aiming at identifying smaller ankle inclinations able to significantly affect PFMa in incontinent women reducing patient discomfort...
- Abate D, Saldan A, Mengoli C, Fiscon M, Silvestre C, Fallico L, et al. Comparison of cytomegalovirus (CMV) enzyme-linked immunosorbent spot and CMV quantiferon gamma interferon-releasing assays in assessing risk of CMV infection in kidney transplant recipients. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:2501-7 pubmed publisher..75, respectively). In transplant recipients, the two tests displayed similar abilities for predicting CMV infection. Both the ELISPOT and Quantiferon-CMV assays require several ameliorations to avoid false-negative results. ..
- Di Capua A, Sticozzi C, Brogi S, Brindisi M, Cappelli A, Sautebin L, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of fluorinated 1,5-diarylpyrrole-3-alkoxyethyl ether derivatives as selective COX-2 inhibitors endowed with anti-inflammatory activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;109:99-106 pubmed publisher..Compound 10b exhibited a prominent inÂ vivo anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities, in addition its antiproliferative power in an inÂ vitro model of human skin cancer is herein described. ..
- Pignatti P, Bombieri C, Marigo C, Benetazzo M, Luisetti M. Increased incidence of cystic fibrosis gene mutations in adults with disseminated bronchiectasis. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:635-9 pubmed..These results indicate that CFTR gene mutations, and perhaps also DNA polymorphisms, may be involved in the etiopathogenesis of at least some cases of bronchiectasis. ..
- Vicenzi E, Alfano M, Ghezzi S, Gatti A, Veglia F, Lazzarin A, et al. Divergent regulation of HIV-1 replication in PBMC of infected individuals by CC chemokines: suppression by RANTES, MIP-1alpha, and MCP-3, and enhancement by MCP-1. J Leukoc Biol. 2000;68:405-12 pubmed..Altogether these observations suggest that MCP-1 may represent an important factor enhancing HIV spreading, particularly in anatomical sites, such as the brain, where infection of macrophages and microglial cells plays a dominant role. ..
- Guzzo M, Andreola S, Sirizzotti G, Cantu G. Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the salivary glands: clinicopathologic review of 108 patients treated at the National Cancer Institute of Milan. Ann Surg Oncol. 2002;9:688-95 pubmed..3% for high-grade and 80.0% for low-grade tumors (P =.0066). Our study confirms that in MEC, tumor grade, subdividing cases into low and high grade by using the criteria delineated by Auclair and Goode, correlates well with prognosis. ..
- Scaglione R, Argano C, Di Chiara T, Colomba D, Parrinello G, Corrao S, et al. Central obesity and hypertensive renal disease: association between higher levels of BMI, circulating transforming growth factor beta1 and urinary albumin excretion. Blood Press. 2003;12:269-76 pubmed..In this study, the relationship between circulating transforming growth factor beta1 (TGFbeta1) and urinary albumin excretion (UAE) has been investigated in non-obese and central obese hypertensive patients...
- Barcellini W, Fermo E, Guia Imperiali F, Zaninoni A, Bianchi P, Boschetti C, et al. Increased resistance of PIG-A- bone marrow progenitors to tumor necrosis factor a and interferon gamma: possible implications for the in vivo dominance of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria clones. Haematologica. 2004;89:651-6 pubmed..Mutated clones were more resistant to the inhibitory effects of IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha, suggesting that PNH cells may have a growth advantage in an unfavorable microenvironment. ..
- Erzegovesi S, Guglielmo E, Siliprandi F, Bellodi L. Low-dose risperidone augmentation of fluvoxamine treatment in obsessive-compulsive disorder: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2005;15:69-74 pubmed..This preliminary study suggests that even very low (0.5 mg) risperidone doses are effective in OC patients who were nonresponders to a standardized treatment with fluvoxamine. ..
- Licitra L, Suardi S, Bossi P, Locati L, Mariani L, Quattrone P, et al. Prediction of TP53 status for primary cisplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin chemotherapy in ethmoid sinus intestinal-type adenocarcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:4901-6 pubmed..To assess the role of TP53 status in predicting pathologic complete remission after primary chemotherapy in patients with ethmoidal intestinal-type adenocarcinoma (ITAC)...
- Bellan C, Lazzi S, Hummel M, Palummo N, de Santi M, Amato T, et al. Immunoglobulin gene analysis reveals 2 distinct cells of origin for EBV-positive and EBV-negative Burkitt lymphomas. Blood. 2005;106:1031-6 pubmed..The different types of C-MYC translocation reported in BL may also be related to the different stages of B-cell maturation...
- Sammartino G, Tia M, Marenzi G, di Lauro A, D Agostino E, Claudio P. Use of autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in periodontal defect treatment after extraction of impacted mandibular third molars. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005;63:766-70 pubmed
- Rispo A, Scarpa R, Di Girolamo E, Cozzolino A, Lembo G, Atteno M, et al. Infliximab in the treatment of extra-intestinal manifestations of Crohn's disease. Scand J Rheumatol. 2005;34:387-91 pubmed..Infliximab is an effective drug in the short-term treatment of EIMs complicating CD. Although relapse of EIMs occurs frequently, retreatment ensures effective control of the symptoms. ..
- Bregni M, Fleischhauer K, Bernardi M, Pescarollo A, Guggiari E, Lunghi F, et al. Bone marrow mammaglobin expression as a marker of graft-versus-tumor effect after reduced-intensity allografting for advanced breast cancer. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006;37:311-5 pubmed..Although preliminary, these data suggest that a graft-versus-breast cancer effect is detectable on micrometastatic BM disease. ..
- Abutalebi J, Annoni J, Zimine I, Pegna A, Seghier M, Lee Jahnke H, et al. Language control and lexical competition in bilinguals: an event-related FMRI study. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:1496-505 pubmed
- Intra M, Garcia Etienne C, Renne G, Trifiro G, Rotmensz N, Gentilini O, et al. When sentinel lymph node is intramammary. Ann Surg Oncol. 2008;15:1304-8 pubmed..In cases with intraMSLNs as the only draining site on lymphoscintigraphy, decisions on axillary management should be made on individualized basis. ..
- Tarricone R, Aguzzi G, Capone A, Caravaggi C, Esposito S, Franzetti F, et al. How complicated skin and soft tissue infections are treated in Italy: economic evaluation of inpatient intravenous antibiotic treatment in seven hospitals. J Med Econ. 2008;11:265-79 pubmed publisher..Efforts should be made to minimise the risk of selecting wrong antibiotics and to identify the quickest antibiotic in eradicating the infection. ..
- Carbone F, Mourgues F, Perrotta G, Rosati C. Advances in functional research of antioxidants and organoleptic traits in berry crops. Biofactors. 2008;34:23-36 pubmed..This review will cover the literature dealing with molecular research in berry crops, focusing on antioxidant- and flavor-related compounds...
- Irace C, Corona C. How to avoid wrong-level and wrong-side errors in lumbar microdiscectomy. J Neurosurg Spine. 2010;12:660-5 pubmed publisher..Larger studies comparing different methods of avoiding such errors will probably lead to the definition and wide adoption of a surgical behavior aiming to reach a near-zero error rate. ..
- Torsello F, Mirigliani L, D Alessio R, Deli R. Do the neoclassical canons still describe the beauty of faces? An anthropometric study on 50 Caucasian models. Prog Orthod. 2010;11:13-9 pubmed publisher..In particular it seems that relatives reductions in facial medium third, in nose dimensions and in distance between eyes have occurred as well as relative enlargement of eyes and mouth width. ..