Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Germany
Publications1345 found, 100 shown here
- Miese F, Zilkens C, Holstein A, Bittersohl B, Kröpil P, Mamisch T, et al. Assessment of early cartilage degeneration after slipped capital femoral epiphysis using T2 and T2* mapping. Acta Radiol. 2011;52:106-10 pubmed publisher..23 ms ± 2.45 vs. 25.11 ms ± 3.01 ms, P<0.05) were noted. T2 and T2* mapping of the hip in patients after SCFE are significantly different from healthy controls and may offer additional information about cartilage quality. ..
- Niyazi M, Schnell O, Suchorska B, Schwarz S, Ganswindt U, Geisler J, et al. FET-PET assessed recurrence pattern after radio-chemotherapy in newly diagnosed patients with glioblastoma is influenced by MGMT methylation status. Radiother Oncol. 2012;104:78-82 pubmed publisher..15). After the administration of temozolomide concomitant with and adjuvant to radiotherapy in patients with glioblastoma, the pattern determined by [(18)F]FET-PET seems to be associated with MGMT methylation status. ..
- Groch S, Wilhelm I, Diekelmann S, Born J. The role of REM sleep in the processing of emotional memories: evidence from behavior and event-related potentials. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2013;99:1-9 pubmed publisher..Our results corroborate that REM sleep contributes to the consolidation of emotional contents in memory, but suggest that the affective tone is preserved rather than reduced by the processing of emotional memories during REM sleep. ..
- Rosing K, Fobker M, Kannenberg F, Gunia S, Dell Aquila A, Kwiecien R, et al. Everolimus therapy is associated with reduced lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-Pla2) activity and oxidative stress in heart transplant recipients. Atherosclerosis. 2013;230:164-70 pubmed publisher..These effects may additionally contribute to the reduced CAV incidence observed in heart transplant recipients receiving everolimus therapy. ..
- BÃ¶hme M, Persian R, StÃ¶hr T. Alone but better off? Adult child migration and health of elderly parents in Moldova. J Health Econ. 2015;39:211-27 pubmed publisher..These positive effects seem to compensate the elderly for decreasing social contact with their migrant family members. ..
- Ludyga S, Gronwald T, Hottenrott K. Effects of high vs. low cadence training on cyclists' brain cortical activity during exercise. J Sci Med Sport. 2016;19:342-7 pubmed publisher..Its reduction can be interpreted in the sense of the neural efficiency hypothesis and might as well influence the sensation of central fatigue positively. ..
- Weller M, van den Bent M, Tonn J, Stupp R, Preusser M, Cohen Jonathan Moyal E, et al. European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) guideline on the diagnosis and treatment of adult astrocytic and oligodendroglial gliomas. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:e315-e329 pubmed publisher..The implementation of this guideline requires multidisciplinary structures of care, and defined processes of diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Wiecker T, Luther H, Buettner P, Bauer J, Garbe C. Moderate sun exposure and nevus counts in parents are associated with development of melanocytic nevi in childhood: a risk factor study in 1,812 kindergarten children. Cancer. 2003;97:628-38 pubmed..The authors' objective was to determine independent risk factors and their impact for nevus development in childhood...
- Fischer Y, Khan M, Mann W. Multilevel temperature-controlled radiofrequency therapy of soft palate, base of tongue, and tonsils in adults with obstructive sleep apnea. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:1786-91 pubmed..The concept of two-level pharyngeal collapse in patients with obstructive sleep apnea is too simplified. Aggressive multilevel surgeries addressing several airway segments, including skeletal surgery, demonstrate improved success rates...
- Schaller C, Jung A, Clusmann H, Schramm J, Meyer B. Rate of vasospasm following the transsylvian versus transcortical approach for selective amygdalohippocampectomy. Neurol Res. 2004;26:666-70 pubmed..Factors such as the extent of visual field cuts and results from neuropsychological testing must be taken into account before drawing a conclusion leading to a fundamental change in surgical strategy. ..
- Timmermann L, Butz M, Gross J, Ploner M, Südmeyer M, Kircheis G, et al. Impaired cerebral oscillatory processing in hepatic encephalopathy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2008;119:265-72 pubmed..The results suggest that pathological oscillatory neural processing in different human cerebral systems may represent a basic mechanism for the clinical manifestation of HE. ..
- Hinterwimmer S, Graichen H, Vogl T, Abolmaali N. An MRI-based technique for assessment of lower extremity deformities-reproducibility, accuracy, and clinical application. Eur Radiol. 2008;18:1497-505 pubmed publisher..Although underestimation of leg length and HKA in valgus knees occurred, this optimized MRI technique can be applied to patients with leg deformities...
- Chen X, Thee C, Gruenewald M, Wnent J, Illies C, Hoecker J, et al. Comparison of surgical stress index-guided analgesia with standard clinical practice during routine general anesthesia: a pilot study. Anesthesiology. 2010;112:1175-83 pubmed publisher..01). Recovery times were comparable between groups. No patient reported intraoperative recall. SSI-guided anesthesia resulted in lower remifentanil consumption, more stable hemodynamics, and a lower incidence of unwanted events. ..
- Rubbert Roth A, Tak P, Zerbini C, Tremblay J, Carreno L, Armstrong G, et al. Efficacy and safety of various repeat treatment dosing regimens of rituximab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a Phase III randomized study (MIRROR). Rheumatology (Oxford). 2010;49:1683-93 pubmed publisher..Retreatment from Week 24 resulted in a sustained suppression of disease activity through to Week 48. ..
- Hölscher S, Leinweber B, Hefter H, Reuner U, GUNTHER P, Weiss K, et al. Evaluation of the symptomatic treatment of residual neurological symptoms in Wilson disease. Eur Neurol. 2010;64:83-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to analyze the symptomatic treatment of WD patients with residual neurological symptoms in more detail. ..
- Musahl C, Henkes H, Vajda Z, Coburger J, Hopf N. Continuous local intra-arterial nimodipine administration in severe symptomatic vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2011;68:1541-7; discussion 1547 pubmed publisher..Dilation of spastic arteries starts within a few hours and is lasting. Indication for CLINA is peripheral and diffuse CV at any location. ..
- Cnossen W, Te Morsche R, Hoischen A, Gilissen C, Venselaar H, Mehdi S, et al. LRP5 variants may contribute to ADPKD. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:237-42 pubmed publisher..This study contributes to the genetic spectrum of ADPKD. Introduction of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway provides new avenues for the study of the pathophysiology. ..
- Grabe H, Wittfeld K, Van der Auwera S, Janowitz D, Hegenscheid K, Habes M, et al. Effect of the interaction between childhood abuse and rs1360780 of the FKBP5 gene on gray matter volume in a general population sample. Hum Brain Mapp. 2016;37:1602-13 pubmed publisher..Those brain changes might contribute to an increased vulnerability of stress-related disorders in TT genotype carriers. ..
- Sinnecker G, Hiort O, Nitsche E, Holterhus P, Kruse K. Functional assessment and clinical classification of androgen sensitivity in patients with mutations of the androgen receptor gene. German Collaborative Intersex Study Group. Eur J Pediatr. 1997;156:7-14 pubmed..It may provide useful information for the diagnosis and management of affected children. ..
- Brandt A, Schleithoff L, Jurkat Rott K, Klingler W, Baur C, Lehmann Horn F. Screening of the ryanodine receptor gene in 105 malignant hyperthermia families: novel mutations and concordance with the in vitro contracture test. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2055-62 pubmed..8% for this test. Screening of the transmembraneous region of RYR1 did not yield a new mutation confirming the cytosolic portion of the protein to be of main functional importance for disease pathogenesis...
- Thomke F, Hopf H. Isolated superior oblique palsies with electrophysiologically documented brainstem lesions. Muscle Nerve. 2000;23:267-70 pubmed..Unilateral superior oblique palsy may be the only clinical sign of a brainstem lesion. Although such a cause may be underdiagnosed if based on MRI-documented lesions only, it remains a rare condition. ..
- Eisenbeiss C, Welzel J, Eichler W, Klotz K. Influence of body water distribution on skin thickness: measurements using high-frequency ultrasound. Br J Dermatol. 2001;144:947-51 pubmed..High-frequency ultrasound is able to quantify these effects and is a sensitive method for measuring fluid intake and balance during anaesthesia and therapy. ..
- Mietz H, Krieglstein G. Suramin to enhance glaucoma filtering procedures: a clinical comparison with mitomycin. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers. 2001;32:358-69 pubmed
- Kleine B, Stegeman D, Mund D, Anders C. Influence of motoneuron firing synchronization on SEMG characteristics in dependence of electrode position. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;91:1588-99 pubmed..This is in accordance with experimental data from the biceps brachii muscle. It was concluded that the pattern of decrease of MF during sustained contractions indeed reflects MN synchronization...
- Hiller W, Leibbrand R, Rief W, Fichter M. Predictors of course and outcome in hypochondriasis after cognitive-behavioral treatment. Psychother Psychosom. 2002;71:318-25 pubmed..25). The results demonstrate the relevance of various psychopathological variables and health care utilization as important indicators for outcome and further course of clinical hypochondriasis. ..
- Stickel F, Baumüller H, Seitz K, Vasilakis D, Seitz G, Seitz H, et al. Hepatitis induced by Kava (Piper methysticum rhizoma). J Hepatol. 2003;39:62-7 pubmed..Kava root (Piper methysticum rhizoma), used frequently in Europe as a remedy against anxiety, contains kavapyrones with sedative effects. Seven case reports suggested the development of hepatitis after the intake of Kava...
- Mergl R, Vogel M, Mavrogiorgou P, Gobel C, Zaudig M, Hegerl U, et al. Kinematical analysis of emotionally induced facial expressions in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychol Med. 2003;33:1453-62 pubmed..Susceptibility of OCD patients with regard to emotional stimuli is less pronounced than in healthy subjects. This phenomenon is closely correlated to OCD symptoms and is state-dependent. ..
- Schröder O, Laun R, Held B, Ekkernkamp A, Schulte K. Association of interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism with the incidence of multiple organ dysfunction following major trauma: results of a prospective pilot study. Shock. 2004;21:306-10 pubmed..Further investigations in larger cohorts need to focus on the potential diagnostic and therapeutic options of this SNP. ..
- Schoeffl V, Klee S, Strecker W. Evaluation of physiological standard pressures of the forearm flexor muscles during sport specific ergometry in sport climbers. Br J Sports Med. 2004;38:422-5 pubmed..Pressures of 15-30 mm Hg during recovery suggest high risk of CECS, and pressures above 30 mm Hg confirm CECS. ..
- Montag M, Schimming T, Koster M, Zhou C, Dorn C, Rösing B, et al. Oocyte zona birefringence intensity is associated with embryonic implantation potential in ICSI cycles. Reprod Biomed Online. 2008;16:239-44 pubmed..Embryo development was superior in embryos derived from HZB oocytes. This study concludes that oocyte zona birefringence is a good selection criterion and a good predictive criterion for embryo implantation potential...
- Meyer C, Kowarz E, Hofmann J, Renneville A, Zuna J, Trka J, et al. New insights to the MLL recombinome of acute leukemias. Leukemia. 2009;23:1490-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we describe for the first time the genetic network of reciprocal MLL gene fusions deriving from complex rearrangements...
- Melvin M, Mohokum M, Sylvia M, Mendoza S, Udo W, Sitter H, et al. Reproducibility of rasterstereography for kyphotic and lordotic angles, trunk length, and trunk inclination: a reliability study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010;35:1353-8 pubmed publisher..The reliability revealed very good results, both for intratester and for intertester reliability. The technique is well suited for analysis of the back in standing position. The body mass index has no influence on the reproducibility. ..
- Hoefele J, Mayer K, Scholz M, Klein H. Novel PKD1 and PKD2 mutations in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD). Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:2181-8 pubmed publisher..The increased number of known mutations will facilitate future studies into genotype-phenotype correlations. ..
- Moritz S, Kerstan A, Veckenstedt R, Randjbar S, Vitzthum F, Schmidt C, et al. Further evidence for the efficacy of a metacognitive group training in schizophrenia. Behav Res Ther. 2011;49:151-7 pubmed publisher..No differences occurred on the PANSS. The present study confirms prior reports that MCT exerts beneficial effects on some cognitive and symptomatic parameters. ..
- Finger R, Charbel Issa P, Schmitz Valckenberg S, Holz F, Scholl H. Long-term effectiveness of intravitreal bevacizumab for choroidal neovascularization secondary to angioid streaks in pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Retina. 2011;31:1268-78 pubmed publisher..To investigate the long-term effectiveness of intravitreal bevacizumab for treating active choroidal neovascularizations in pseudoxanthoma elasticum (PXE)...
- Fernandez Castelao E, Russo S, Cremer S, Strack M, Kaminski L, Eich C, et al. Positive impact of crisis resource management training on no-flow time and team member verbalisations during simulated cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a randomised controlled trial. Resuscitation. 2011;82:1338-43 pubmed publisher..Further research will test how these results translate into clinical performance and patient outcome. ..
- Stienen M, Cadosch D, Fournier J, Hildebrandt G, Gautschi O. [Cervicobrachialgia - an update under special consideration of the surgical management]. Praxis (Bern 1994). 2012;101:715-28 pubmed publisher..If no urgent surgical indication exists, conservative therapy should be initiated. However, with varying results of conservative and surgical therapy, chronic impairment can occur. ..
- Fröhlich M, Lefering R, Probst C, Paffrath T, Schneider M, Maegele M, et al. Epidemiology and risk factors of multiple-organ failure after multiple trauma: an analysis of 31,154 patients from the TraumaRegister DGU. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014;76:921-7; discussion 927-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a reliable prediction model might be supportive for patient enrolment in trauma studies, in which MOF marks the primary end point. Epidemiologic study, level III. ..
- Kamp D, Brinkmeyer J, Agelink M, Habakuck M, Mobascher A, Wolwer W, et al. High frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) reduces EEG-hypofrontality in patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2016;236:199-201 pubmed publisher..After treatment, the resting electroencephalography revealed a significant decrease in the delta-band activity, which originated in the right prefrontal cortex and correlated with improvements in facial affect recognition. ..
- Sundag J, Ascone L, de Matos Marques A, Moritz S, Lincoln T. Elucidating the role of Early Maladaptive Schemas for psychotic symptomatology. Psychiatry Res. 2016;238:53-59 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that EMS are particularly relevant to positive symptoms. Our findings imply that addressing maladaptive schemas in patients with psychosis by making use of the schema-concept holds potential. ..
- Eberhart L. The safety and tolerability of the fentanyl HCl iontophoretic transdermal system: an alternative to currently available analgesic modalities. J Opioid Manag. 2007;3:249-56 pubmed..The fentanyl ITS addresses certain safety issues of existing modalities while providing comparable pain relief making it an attractive option for postoperative pain management. ..
- Brinckmann J, Acil Y, Feshchenko S, Katzer E, Brenner R, Kulozik A, et al. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI: lysyl hydroxylase deficiency due to a novel point mutation (W612C). Arch Dermatol Res. 1998;290:181-6 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that the new point mutation (W612C) in conjunction with a functionless allele, most probably a null allele, for the LH gene may explain the functional deficiencies seen in this patient. ..
- von Tempelhoff G, Niemann F, Schneider D, Kirkpatrick C, Hommel G, Heilmann L. Blood rheology during chemotherapy in patients with ovarian cancer. Thromb Res. 1998;90:73-82 pubmed
- Westermann G, Bohm M, Bonsmann G, Rahn K, Kisters K. Chronic intoxication by doxycycline use for more than 12 years. J Intern Med. 1999;246:591-2 pubmed..Despite a long period of self-medication these side-effects were reversible. ..
- Syagailo Y, Stober G, Grässle M, Reimer E, Knapp M, Jungkunz G, et al. Association analysis of the functional monoamine oxidase A gene promoter polymorphism in psychiatric disorders. Am J Med Genet. 2001;105:168-71 pubmed..Our results suggest that there is no association between MAOA-LPR genotype and susceptibility to recurrent major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia in our population. ..
- Reisser C, Weidauer H. Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 or pentoxifylline for the treatment of sudden deafness: a randomized, reference-controlled, double-blind study. Acta Otolaryngol. 2001;121:579-84 pubmed..In summary, it was shown that treatment of sudden deafness with ginkgo special extract EGb 761 was as effective as treatment with pentoxifylline. ..
- Geyer H, Parr M, Mareck U, Reinhart U, Schrader Y, Schanzer W. Analysis of non-hormonal nutritional supplements for anabolic-androgenic steroids - results of an international study. Int J Sports Med. 2004;25:124-9 pubmed..01 micro g/g up to 190 micro g/g. The administration of supplements containing nandrolone prohormones adding up to a total uptake of more than 1 micro g resulted in positive doping results for norandrosterone for several hours. ..
- Ozaki T, Wai D, Schafer K, Lindner N, Bocker W, Winkelmann W, et al. Comparative genomic hybridization in cartilaginous tumors. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:1721-5 pubmed..Therefore, although the number of aberrations between benign and malignant cartilaginous tumors appears to be similar, these two entities may be differentiated by determining which chromosomes are affected...
- Wahl H, Hong Q, Hildenbrand S, Risler T, Luft D, Liebich H. 4-Heptanone is a metabolite of the plasticizer di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) in haemodialysis patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:2576-83 pubmed
- Franke A, Reiner L, Resch K. Long-term benefit of radon spa therapy in the rehabilitation of rheumatoid arthritis: a randomised, double-blinded trial. Rheumatol Int. 2007;27:703-13 pubmed..064, p(G x C) = 0.025) and NSAIDs (p(GME) = 0.035, p(G x C) = 0.008) were significantly reduced. The results suggest beneficial long-term effects of radon baths as adjunct to a multimodal rehabilitative treatment of RA...
- Lobodasch K, Fröhlich F, Rengsberger M, Schubert R, Dengler R, Pachmann U, et al. Quantification of circulating tumour cells for the monitoring of adjuvant therapy in breast cancer: an increase in cell number at completion of therapy is a predictor of early relapse. Breast. 2007;16:211-8 pubmed
- Ehmann M, Felix K, Hartmann D, Schnolzer M, Nees M, Vorderwülbecke S, et al. Identification of potential markers for the detection of pancreatic cancer through comparative serum protein expression profiling. Pancreas. 2007;34:205-14 pubmed..PCa is associated with a specific decrease of distinct serum proteins, which allows a reliable differentiation between pancreatic cancer and healthy controls. ..
- Teubner W, Meinl W, Florian S, Kretzschmar M, Glatt H. Identification and localization of soluble sulfotransferases in the human gastrointestinal tract. Biochem J. 2007;404:207-15 pubmed..We suspect that they are involved in the presystemic elimination of bioactive food-borne components, including aglycones released by gut microbiota, as well as the bioactivation of some procarcinogens. ..
- Jacob P, Mueller M, Hahn J, Wolk I, Mayer P, Nagele U, et al. Alterations of neuropeptides in the human gut during peritonitis. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2007;392:267-71 pubmed..The neuropeptide expression in myenteric plexus neurons was observed as shifting towards increased expression of VIP, known to inhibit intestinal motility, and towards decreased expression of the prokinetic neuropeptide SP. ..
- Schofer M, Hinrichs F, Peterlein C, Arendt M, Schmitt J. High- versus low-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy of rotator cuff tendinopathy: a prospective, randomised, controlled study. Acta Orthop Belg. 2009;75:452-8 pubmed..No statistically significant differences were found between the results of high-energy and low-energy ESWT of rotator cuff tendinopathy. ..
- Baldus C, Thibaut J, Goekbuget N, Stroux A, Schlee C, Mossner M, et al. Prognostic implications of NOTCH1 and FBXW7 mutations in adult acute T-lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 2009;94:1383-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings further confirm the high frequency of NOTCH1 mutations in adult T-lymphoblastic leukemia. ..
- Alakus H, Monig S, Warnecke Eberz U, Alakus G, Winde G, Drebber U, et al. Association of the GNAS1 T393C polymorphism with tumor stage and survival in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:6061-7 pubmed..The present study provides strong evidence to suggest that the GNAS1 T393C allele carrier status influences tumor progression and survival in gastric cancer with higher tumor stages and a worse outcome for C allele carriers. ..
- Müller C, Schmaltz R, Vogt T, Pföhler C. Lichen striatus and blaschkitis: reappraisal of the concept of blaschkolinear dermatoses. Br J Dermatol. 2011;164:257-62 pubmed publisher..Rather, our aim was to unify diseases with similar clinical and histopathological features and common genetic pathomechanisms underlying phenotypic variations. ..
- Rompe J, Cacchio A, Weil L, Furia J, Haist J, Reiners V, et al. Plantar fascia-specific stretching versus radial shock-wave therapy as initial treatment of plantar fasciopathy. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010;92:2514-22 pubmed publisher..A program of manual stretching exercises specific to the plantar fascia is superior to repetitive low-energy radial shock-wave therapy for the treatment of acute symptoms of proximal plantar fasciopathy. ..
- Rana M, Gellrich N, Joos U, Piffko J, Kater W. 3D evaluation of postoperative swelling using two different cooling methods following orthognathic surgery: a randomised observer blind prospective pilot study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;40:690-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 3D optical scanning is a simple and precise method of quantifying face swelling after orthognathic surgery. Hilotherm significantly reduces swelling and duration of hospital stay compared with conventional cooling. ..
- Pretzl B, El Sayed N, Cosgarea R, Kaltschmitt J, Kim T, Eickholz P, et al. IL-1-polymorphism and severity of periodontal disease. Acta Odontol Scand. 2012;70:1-6 pubmed publisher..The IL-1-polymorphism is associated with lower number of teeth in non-smokers with untreated periodontal disease. Untreated AgP is associated with more severe bone loss than untreated ChP. ..
- Baumeister P, Heinrich K, Märte M, Reiter M, Schwenk Zieger S, Harreus U. The impact of EGFR stimulation and inhibition on BPDE induced DNA fragmentation in oral/oropharyngeal mucosa in vitro. Oral Oncol. 2011;47:1141-7 pubmed publisher..On the basis of this study we suppose, that increasing EGFR levels during head and neck carcinogenesis can be interpreted as a physiological response to permanent carcinogen impact on the mucosa. ..
- Neufeld J, Sinke C, Dillo W, Emrich H, Szycik G, Dima D, et al. The neural correlates of coloured music: a functional MRI investigation of auditory-visual synaesthesia. Neuropsychologia. 2012;50:85-9 pubmed publisher..The results support the idea of the parietal cortex acting as sensory nexus area in auditory-visual synaesthesia, and as a common neural correlate for different types of synaesthesia. ..
- Krille S, Müller A, Steinmann C, Reingruber B, Weber P, Martin A. Self- and social perception of physical appearance in chest wall deformity. Body Image. 2012;9:246-52 pubmed publisher..Effective interventions focusing on social interactions are needed. ..
- Franz M, Fritz M, Meyer T. Discriminant and convergent validity of a subjective quality-of-life instrument aimed at high content validity for schizophrenic persons. Qual Life Res. 2013;22:1113-22 pubmed publisher..A subjective QoL questionnaire with high content validity can provide additional empirical information about schizophrenics' QoL not accounted for by other common QoL instruments. ..
- Sohns J, Staab W, Sohns C, Schwarz A, Streit U, Hosseini A, et al. Current perspective of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) in patients after midface and craniofacial trauma. Clin Imaging. 2013;37:728-33 pubmed publisher..Significant findings were found in 358/972 findings (37%). There were 1.5 fractures and 1.2 IF per patient. There is a high prevalence of significant fractures (57%) and IF (37%). ..
- Quint K, Stiel N, Neureiter D, Schlicker H, Nimsky C, Ocker M, et al. The role of sphingosine kinase isoforms and receptors S1P1, S1P2, S1P3, and S1P5 in primary, secondary, and recurrent glioblastomas. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:8979-89 pubmed publisher..Its components show distinct expression patterns in the tumor subgroups. S1P5 is identified as an independent prognostic factor in multivariate analysis, and this pathway promises to be a candidate for targeted therapies. ..
- Sartorius A, Demirakca T, BÃ¶hringer A, Clemm von Hohenberg C, Aksay S, Bumb J, et al. Electroconvulsive therapy increases temporal gray matter volume and cortical thickness. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;26:506-17 pubmed publisher..Our data widely exclude white matter loss as an indirect cause of GM growth. Our data add further evidence to the hypothesis that ECT enables plasticity falsifying older ideas of ECT induced "brain damaging". ..
- Spieker S, Petersen D, Rolfs A, Fehrenbach F, Kuntz R, Seuffer R, et al. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis following Pontiac fever. Eur Neurol. 1998;40:169-72 pubmed..cincinnatiensis. A review of the literature on Legionella-associated encephalopathy suggests that some of these cases may also have had ADEM. ..
- Maack C, Cremers B, Flesch M, Höper A, Sudkamp M, Bohm M. Different intrinsic activities of bucindolol, carvedilol and metoprolol in human failing myocardium. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;130:1131-9 pubmed..8. Differences in intrinsic activity may contribute to differences in beta-adrenoceptor regulation and possibly to differences in tolerability and outcomes of patients with heart failure. ..
- Stallmach A, Chan C, Ecker K, Feifel G, Herbst H, Schuppan D, et al. Comparable expression of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 in pouchitis and ulcerative colitis. Gut. 2000;47:415-22 pubmed..A similar increase in MMPs was observed in tissues of patients with active UC. Our results support the hypothesis that MMPs are involved in mucosal destruction and crypt hyperplasia, as seen in pouchitis. ..
- Grossmann M, Dobrev D, Siffert W, Kirch W. Heterogeneity in hand veins responses to acetylcholine is not associated with polymorphisms in the G-protein beta3-subunit (C825T) and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (G894T) genes but with serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol. Pharmacogenetics. 2001;11:307-16 pubmed..Surprisingly, this variability appears to relate to the lipid status of the subjects. The exact nature of this new finding requires further study. ..
- Rastegar N, Eckart P, Mertz M. Radiation-induced cataract in astronauts and cosmonauts. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2002;240:543-7 pubmed..It is planned to examine a larger group of astronauts and cosmonauts in the future. ..
- Seewald S, Groth S, Sriram P, Xikun H, Akaraviputh T, Mendoza G, et al. Endoscopic treatment of biliary leakage with n-butyl-2 cyanoacrylate. Gastrointest Endosc. 2002;56:916-9 pubmed..6-160 months). N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate glue occlusion is a safe and effective endoscopic method for control of refractory bile leaks that eliminates the need for surgical reintervention. ..
- Thiele J, Kvasnicka H, Fuchs N, Brunnbauer K, Volkwein N, Schmitt Graeff A. Anagrelide-induced bone marrow changes during therapy of chronic myeloproliferative disorders with thrombocytosis. an immunohistochemical and morphometric study of sequential trephine biopsies. Haematologica. 2003;88:1130-8 pubmed..Anagrelide exerts a significant effect on endoreduplicative activity of megakaryocytes consistent with an inhibition of maturation and therefore, generates a relative predominance of precursor cells but fails to stimulate myelofibrosis. ..
- Gerlach K, Zahl C. Transversal palatal expansion using a palatal distractor. J Orofac Orthop. 2003;64:443-9 pubmed..Because of the short treatment period, the absence of relapses, and the handling simplicity for the patient, this method is recommended for clinical application. ..
- Fels C, Riegel A, Javaheripour Otto K, Obenauer S. Neurosarcoidosis: findings in MRI. Clin Imaging. 2004;28:166-9 pubmed..These findings are not specific for sarcoidosis and must be considered with the clinical course of the patient in arriving at the correct diagnosis. ..
- Volzke H, Wolff B, Grimm R, Robinson D, Schuster G, Herrmann F, et al. Interaction between factor V Leiden and serum LDL cholesterol increases the risk of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2005;180:341-7 pubmed..The co-existence between the factor V Leiden gene variant and high serum LDL cholesterol is independently associated with the risk of atherosclerosis. ..
- Carvi y Nievas M, Toktamis S, Höllerhage H, Haas E. Hyperacute measurement of brain-tissue oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, and intracranial pressure before, during, and after cerebral angiography in patients with aneurysmatic subarachnoid hemorrhage in poor condition. Surg Neurol. 2005;64:362-7; discussion 367 pubmed..Patients with severe intracranial angiographic arterial caliber reduction at this time have an increased risk for impaired brain oxygenation. ..
- Becker F, Siemer S, Humke U, Hack M, Ziegler M, Stockle M. Elective nephron sparing surgery should become standard treatment for small unilateral renal cell carcinoma: Long-term survival data of 216 patients. Eur Urol. 2006;49:308-13 pubmed..Compared to RN, renal parenchyma is preserved without any disadvantage in survival rates. Consequently elective NSS should be accepted as gold standard for small renal tumours. ..
- Barnikol U, Amunts K, Dammers J, Mohlberg H, Fieseler T, Malikovic A, et al. Pattern reversal visual evoked responses of V1/V2 and V5/MT as revealed by MEG combined with probabilistic cytoarchitectonic maps. Neuroimage. 2006;31:86-108 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the combined investigation of MEG signals with MFT and probabilistic cytoarchitectonic maps significantly improves the anatomical identification of active brain areas. ..
- Haenssle H, Krueger U, Vente C, Thoms K, Bertsch H, Zutt M, et al. Results from an observational trial: digital epiluminescence microscopy follow-up of atypical nevi increases the sensitivity and the chance of success of conventional dermoscopy in detecting melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:980-5 pubmed..We conclude that DELM is a valuable tool for the long-term follow-up of atypical nevi, especially in the high-risk groups of FAMMM and AMS patients. Randomized controlled trials are needed to validate the data from this clinical trial. ..
- Emmerich P, Gunther S, Schmitz H. Strain-specific antibody response to Lassa virus in the local population of west Africa. J Clin Virol. 2008;42:40-4 pubmed publisher..J Infect Dis 2001;184:345-9]. Therefore, three LAV strains from Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast and Nigeria were used as antigens to study the anti-LAV antibody response in 960 serum samples obtained from different regions of west Africa...
- Laux G, Kuehlein T, Rosemann T, Szecsenyi J. Co- and multimorbidity patterns in primary care based on episodes of care: results from the German CONTENT project. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008;8:14 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the resulting data provide a basis to obtain co- and multimorbidity patterns and corresponding health care utilization issues in order to understand the particular complex needs caused by multimorbidity. ..
- Courts C, Montesinos Rongen M, Brunn A, Bug S, Siemer D, Hans V, et al. Recurrent inactivation of the PRDM1 gene in primary central nervous system lymphoma. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:720-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, similar to systemic diffuse large B-cell lymphomas, PRDM1 may be a tumor suppressor in some PCNSL and contribute to lymphomagenesis by impairing terminal differentiation. ..