Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in France
Publications770 found, 100 shown here
- Theoleyre S, Mori K, Cherrier B, Passuti N, Gouin F, Redini F, et al. Phenotypic and functional analysis of lymphocytes infiltrating osteolytic tumors: use as a possible therapeutic approach of osteosarcoma. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:123 pubmed..These results demonstrated that TIL therapy could be a very efficient strategy for the treatment of adult osteosarcoma. ..
- Auvinet B, Bileckot R, Alix A, Chaleil D, Barrey E. Gait disorders in patients with fibromyalgia. Joint Bone Spine. 2006;73:543-6 pubmed..The objective of this study was to compare gait in patients with fibromyalgia and in matched controls...
- Chirica M, Parc Y, Tiret E, Dehni N, McNamara D, Parc R. Coloanal sleeve anastomosis (Soave procedure): the ultimate treatment option for complex rectourinary fistulas. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006;49:1379-83 pubmed..Soave procedure is an effective treatment for complex rectourinary fistula in the setting of high-dose pelvic radiation or after failed previous repair attempts. ..
- Michou L, Teixeira V, Pierlot C, Lasbleiz S, Bardin T, Dieude P, et al. Associations between genetic factors, tobacco smoking and autoantibodies in familial and sporadic rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:466-70 pubmed..Our findings suggest an association between SE alleles and tobacco smoking for anti-CCP positivity and a tendency toward an interaction between the HLA-DRB1*0401 allele and smoking for anti-CCP positivity in this sample of RA. ..
- Gagneur A, Dirson E, Audebert S, Vallet S, Legrand Quillien M, Laurent Y, et al. Materno-fetal transmission of human coronaviruses: a prospective pilot study. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008;27:863-6 pubmed publisher..For case 6, only MV and NG tested positive. In case 7, only MV was positive. Possible vertical transmission of HCoV was hypothesized in this pilot study and requires further investigation on a larger scale. ..
- Guibal F, Baran R, Duhard E, Feuilhade de Chauvin M. [Epidemiology and management of onychomycosis in private dermatological practice in France]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2008;135:561-6 pubmed publisher..Continual medical education efforts must be continued concerning onychomycosis diagnosis and management in accordance with the French Dermatological Society recommendations. ..
- Hachulla E, Carpentier P, Gressin V, Diot E, Allanore Y, Sibilia J, et al. Risk factors for death and the 3-year survival of patients with systemic sclerosis: the French ItinérAIR-Sclérodermie study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009;48:304-8 pubmed publisher..This 3-year study observed survival and mortality estimates that were comparable with previous reports. PAH increased the HR for mortality in patients with SSc, justifying yearly echocardiographic screening. ..
- Job A, Raynal M, Kossowski M, Studler M, Ghernaouti C, Baffioni Venturi A, et al. Otoacoustic detection of risk of early hearing loss in ears with normal audiograms: a 3-year follow-up study. Hear Res. 2009;251:10-6 pubmed publisher..The IaDPOAE calculation may also be interesting for clinicians because no DPOAE index of abnormality is currently available. ..
- Oussalah A, Evesque L, Laharie D, Roblin X, Boschetti G, Nancey S, et al. A multicenter experience with infliximab for ulcerative colitis: outcomes and predictors of response, optimization, colectomy, and hospitalization. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:2617-25 pubmed publisher..Infliximab indication for acute severe colitis increased by three the risks of infliximab optimization, colectomy, and UC-related hospitalization. ..
- Bokobza B, Valverde A, Magne E, Delaby J, Rubay R, Bellouard A, et al. Single umbilical incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: initial experience of the Coelio Club. J Visc Surg. 2010;147:e253-7 pubmed publisher..However, duration of operation decreases with rising experience of the surgeon and when a 30° scope is used. The major value of this technique is cosmetic. ..
- Djabarouti S, Breilh D, Duffau P, Lazaro E, Greib C, Caubet O, et al. Steady-state mycophenolate mofetil pharmacokinetic parameters enable prediction of systemic lupus erythematosus clinical flares: an observational cohort study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R217 pubmed publisher..For our SLE patients without renal manifestations, clinical flares developing under maintenance therapy were associated with steady-state inclusion MPA C(12 h) < 3 mg/L. ..
- Siroux V, Basagana X, Boudier A, Pin I, Garcia Aymerich J, Vesin A, et al. Identifying adult asthma phenotypes using a clustering approach. Eur Respir J. 2011;38:310-7 pubmed publisher..The LCAs revealed four distinct asthma phenotypes in each sample. Considering these more homogeneous phenotypes in future studies may lead to a better identification of risk factors for asthma. ..
- Charpentier C, Bellecave P, Cisse M, Mamadou S, Diakite M, Peytavin G, et al. High prevalence of antiretroviral drug resistance among HIV-1-untreated patients in Guinea-Conakry and in Niger. Antivir Ther. 2011;16:429-33 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of resistance was between 6% and 9% in both sites, which is higher than most of the other countries from Western Africa region. ..
- Guergueltcheva V, MÃ¼ller J, Dusl M, Senderek J, Oldfors A, Lindbergh C, et al. Congenital myasthenic syndrome with tubular aggregates caused by GFPT1 mutations. J Neurol. 2012;259:838-50 pubmed publisher..As tubular aggregates in context of a neuromuscular transmission defect appear to be highly indicative, we suggest calling this condition congenital myasthenic syndrome with tubular aggregates (CMS-TA). ..
- Groheux D, Hindie E, Delord M, Giacchetti S, Hamy A, De Bazelaire C, et al. Prognostic impact of (18)FDG-PET-CT findings in clinical stage III and IIB breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:1879-87 pubmed publisher..60 to 102.62) for M1 vs M0 patients. The yield of (18)FDG-PET-CT appeared substantial in patients with clinical stage IIB or higher breast cancer. In these patients, (18)FDG-PET-CT provided powerful prognostic stratification. ..
- van Laar J, Farge D, Sont J, Naraghi K, Marjanovic Z, Larghero J, et al. Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation vs intravenous pulse cyclophosphamide in diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2014;311:2490-8 pubmed publisher..However, HCST conferred a significant long-term event-free survival benefit. isrctn.org Identifier: ISRCTN54371254. ..
- Annane D, Sanquer S, Sebille V, Faye A, Djuranovic D, Raphael J, et al. Compartmentalised inducible nitric-oxide synthase activity in septic shock. Lancet. 2000;355:1143-8 pubmed..In human septic shock we found that iNOS activity is compartmentalised at the very site of infection and parallels expression of TNFalpha and IL-1beta. PBMCs and tissue macrophages can be a cellular source for iNOS. ..
- Libersa P, Roze D, Cachart T, Libersa J. Immediate and late mandibular fractures after third molar removal. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;60:163-5; discussion 165-6 pubmed..In this retrospective study, we analyzed immediate and late mandibular fractures after impacted lower third molar surgery...
- Minniti A, Dubrez J, Jougon J, Vona A, Cruz J, Velly J. [Thoracoplasty: the current role]. G Chir. 2002;23:121-4 pubmed..8%. The control of space obliteration, space infection and closure of the bronchopleural fistula was achieved in 27 patients. This article also discusses surgical history of thoracoplasty, technique adopted and its current application. ..
- Benoist S, Laisné M, Joly F, Boudiaf M, Panis Y, Valleur P. Cytomegalovirus infection as a cause of acute superior mesenteric vein thrombosis with jejunal infarction. Surgery. 2003;133:222-3 pubmed
- Viguier M, Fouéré S, de La Salmonière P, Rabian C, Lebbe C, Dubertret L, et al. Peripheral blood lymphocyte subset counts in patients with dermatomyositis: clinical correlations and changes following therapy. Medicine (Baltimore). 2003;82:82-6 pubmed..Further studies are warranted to evaluate the risk/benefit balance of PCP prophylaxis in patients with DM and severe lymphocytopenia. ..
- Massin N, Pecheux C, Eloit C, Bensimon J, Galey J, Kuttenn F, et al. X chromosome-linked Kallmann syndrome: clinical heterogeneity in three siblings carrying an intragenic deletion of the KAL-1 gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:2003-8 pubmed..The variable phenotype, both qualitatively and quantitatively, in this family further emphasizes the role of putative modifier genes, and/or epigenetic factors, in the expressivity of the X-linked KS...
- Saada J, Grebille A, Aubry M, Rafii A, Dumez Y, Benachi A. Sonography in prenatal diagnosis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Prenat Diagn. 2004;24:627-30 pubmed..We describe herein two cases suggesting that the prenatal diagnosis of CAH can be initiated by the sonographic appearance of the adrenal gland at the second-trimester scan in the absence of a family history. ..
- Morel O, Giraud P, Bernier M, Le Jeune J, Rohmer V, Jallet P. Ectopic acromegaly: localization of the pituitary growth hormone-releasing hormone producing tumor by In-111 pentetreotide scintigraphy and report of two cases. Clin Nucl Med. 2004;29:841-3 pubmed
- Vieillard M, Boutry N, Chastanet P, Duquesnoy B, Cotten A, Cortet B. Contribution of percutaneous biopsy to the definite diagnosis in patients with suspected bone tumor. Joint Bone Spine. 2005;72:53-60 pubmed..The diagnostic yield is lowest in patients with bone lesions caused by hematological malignancies. When two biopsies fail to provide the diagnosis, further biopsies are unlikely to be helpful. ..
- Chouli M, Viala J, Dromain C, Fizazi K, Duvillard P, Vanel D. Intra-abdominal desmoplastic small round cell tumors: CT findings and clinicopathological correlations in 13 cases. Eur J Radiol. 2005;54:438-42 pubmed..Imaging is useful for staging and also to guide biopsies. ..
- Gennisson J, Cornu C, Catheline S, Fink M, Portero P. Human muscle hardness assessment during incremental isometric contraction using transient elastography. J Biomech. 2005;38:1543-50 pubmed..It could also be applied for the follow-up of neuromuscular diseases inducing stiffness changes such as in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. ..
- Rault A, SaCunha A, Klopfenstein D, Larroudé D, Epoy F, Collet D, et al. Pancreaticojejunal anastomosis is preferable to pancreaticogastrostomy after pancreaticoduodenectomy for longterm outcomes of pancreatic exocrine function. J Am Coll Surg. 2005;201:239-44 pubmed..After pancreaticoduodenectomy, 42% of patients presented with severe steatorrhea. PJA allows better pancreatic exocrine function preservation than PGA and should be recommended. ..
- Peyrin C, Chokron S, Guyader N, Gout O, Moret J, Marendaz C. Neural correlates of spatial frequency processing: A neuropsychological approach. Brain Res. 2006;1073-1074:1-10 pubmed
- Muwonge R, Ramadas K, Sankila R, Thara S, Thomas G, Vinoda J, et al. Role of tobacco smoking, chewing and alcohol drinking in the risk of oral cancer in Trivandrum, India: a nested case-control design using incident cancer cases. Oral Oncol. 2008;44:446-54 pubmed..Given the relatively poor survival rates of oral cancer patients, cessation of tobacco and moderation of alcohol use remain the key elements in oral cancer prevention and control...
- Sulaiman A, Cavaille A, Vaunois B, Tiffet O. Swyer-James-MacLeod syndrome; repeated chest drainages in a patient misdiagnosed with pneumothorax. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;8:482-4 pubmed publisher..This case highlights the significance of taking a careful history, the application of computed tomography and scintigraphy in confirming the diagnosis of SJMS and in eliminating other diseases...
- Edeline J, Raoul J, Vauleon E, Guillygomac h A, Boudjema K, Boucher E. Systemic chemotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma in non-cirrhotic liver: a retrospective study. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:713-6 pubmed..In patients with HCC in a non-cirrhotic liver, chemotherapy was well tolerated and associated with an objective response rate of 22%, including two patients who underwent secondary surgical resection. ..
- Minet C, Bonadona A, Tabah A, Karkas A, Mescam L, Schwebel C, et al. [Non-fatal disseminated mucormycosis in a solid organ transplant]. Rev Mal Respir. 2009;26:998-1002 pubmed..Posaconazole associated with liposomal amphotericin B could be an interesting option to treat disseminated mucormycosis and improve their outcome. ..
- Kambouchner M, Pirici D, Uhl J, Mogoanta L, Valeyre D, Bernaudin J. Lymphatic and blood microvasculature organisation in pulmonary sarcoid granulomas. Eur Respir J. 2011;37:835-40 pubmed publisher..Moreover, pulmonary sarcoid lesions could be considered avascular structures, thereby providing new insights into the understanding of the granuloma physiology and the distribution of blood-borne therapeutic agents. ..
- Barra J, Marquer A, Joassin R, Reymond C, Metge L, Chauvineau V, et al. Humans use internal models to construct and update a sense of verticality. Brain. 2010;133:3552-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that humans construct and update internal models of verticality in which somatosensory information plays an important role. ..
- Guillo S, Del Buono A, Dias M, Denaro V, Maffulli N. Percutaneous repair of acute ruptures of the tendo Achillis. Surgeon. 2013;11:14-9 pubmed publisher..This percutaneous technique provides satisfactory outcome in terms of strength and return to pre-operative level of sport activity. ..
- Guthmann J, Fonteneau L, Ciotti C, Bouvet E, Pellissier G, Levy Bruhl D, et al. Vaccination coverage of health care personnel working in health care facilities in France: results of a national survey, 2009. Vaccine. 2012;30:4648-54 pubmed publisher..01). HCP are overall well covered by compulsory vaccinations, whereas VC for non-compulsory vaccinations is very insufficient. The vaccination policy regarding these latter vaccinations should be reinforced in France. ..
- Staufner C, Lindner M, Dionisi Vici C, Freisinger P, Dobbelaere D, Douillard C, et al. Adenosine kinase deficiency: expanding the clinical spectrum and evaluating therapeutic options. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2016;39:273-83 pubmed publisher..The clinical phenotype varies from an exclusively neurological to a multi-organ manifestation. Methionine-restricted diet should be considered as a therapeutic option. ..
- La Nasa G, Greco M, Littera R, Oppi S, Celeghini I, Caria R, et al. The favorable role of homozygosity for killer immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) A haplotype in patients with advanced-stage classic Hodgkin lymphoma. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:26 pubmed publisher..Our results point to the possibility of adapting treatment strategies based on the combination of KIR biomarkers and PET scan. ..
- Delmont E, Manso C, Querol L, Cortese A, Berardinelli A, Lozza A, et al. Autoantibodies to nodal isoforms of neurofascin in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy. Brain. 2017;140:1851-1858 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the pathogenic mechanisms responsible for chronic inflammatory demyelination polyneuropathy are broad and may include dysfunctions at the nodes of Ranvier in a subgroup of patients. ..
- Dumouchel J, Lvovschi V, Joly L. Obstructive acute renal failure by severe gastric distension after binge. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1210.e5-1210.e7 pubmed publisher..We report the case of an overeating episode resulting in massive gastric dilatation and acute renal failure with abdominal pressure and bilateral ureteral obstruction. The outcome was favorable with gastric aspiration and fasting. ..
- Lemoine P, Boulenger J, Caillard V, Tanne N, Bonnet D. Compared efficacy of prazepam and clomipramine in major depression with anxiety: a multicenter controlled study. Pharmacopsychiatry. 1991;24:175-9 pubmed..For the completer population evolution was also significantly positive in all the parameters studied but, considering MADRS and HSCL scores, a difference in favor of CL is observed.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Wiszniewski W, Fondaneche M, Le Deist F, Kanariou M, Selz F, Brousse N, et al. Mutation in the class II trans-activator leading to a mild immunodeficiency. J Immunol. 2001;167:1787-94 pubmed..The frequency of the inherited MHC class II deficiency might thus be underestimated. ..
- Constantin A, Lauwers Cances V, Navaux F, Abbal M, van Meerwijk J, Mazieres B, et al. Collagenase-1 (MMP-1) and HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective longitudinal study. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:15-20 pubmed..This study confirms the previous reports of an association between the HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphism and severity of RA. ..
- Picone O, Lhomme C, Tournaire M, Pautier P, Camatte S, Vacher Lavenue M, et al. Preservation of pregnancy in a patient with a stage IIIB ovarian epithelial carcinoma diagnosed at 22 weeks of gestation and treated with initial chemotherapy: case report and literature review. Gynecol Oncol. 2004;94:600-4 pubmed..Chemotherapy during pregnancy with preservation of the fetus could be considered and should be discussed in case of epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) diagnosed during the second trimester of the pregnancy. ..
- Sastre Garau X, Cartier I, Jourdan Da Silva N, De Cremoux P, Lepage V, Charron D. Regression of low-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in patients with HLA-DRB1*13 genotype. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;104:751-5 pubmed..1 [1.0-4.1] and 2.5 [1.2-5.4], respectively). A subset of approximately 15% of CIN1 highly likely to show spontaneous regression can be defined using 2 biologic parameters that characterize the viral causative agent and the host. II-2 ..
- Abbas A, Delvinquiere K, Lechevrel M, Lebailly P, Gauduchon P, Launoy G, et al. GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1 and CYP1A1 genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility to esophageal cancer in a French population: different pattern of squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:3389-93 pubmed
- Arroyo C, Andrews H, Rozet F, Cathelineau X, Vallancien G. Laparoscopic prostate-sparing radical cystectomy: the Montsouris technique and preliminary results. J Endourol. 2005;19:424-8 pubmed..It presents a good option for properly selected patients. ..
- Lacombe K, Pacanowski J, Meynard J, Trylesinski A, Girard P. Risk factors for CD4 lymphopenia in patients treated with a tenofovir/didanosine high dose-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy regimen. AIDS. 2005;19:1107-8 pubmed..Cox analysis showed that the CD4 cell decrease was associated with a duration of treatment by didanosine of more than 853 days and a didanosine dose of more than 5.50 mg/kg. ..
- Duracinsky M, Mosnier I, Bouccara D, Sterkers O, Chassany O. Literature review of questionnaires assessing vertigo and dizziness, and their impact on patients' quality of life. Value Health. 2007;10:273-84 pubmed..Patient's perspectives are thus essential to symptom assessment. We sought to make a critical review of published questionnaires measuring vertigo or dizziness, and/or their impact on QoL...
- Descloux E, Durieu I, Cochat P, Vital Durand D, Ninet J, Fabien N, et al. Paediatric systemic lupus erythematosus: prognostic impact of antiphospholipid antibodies. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:183-7 pubmed..05). Four of the six fatal cases occurred in the aPL-positive group. The presence of aPL in p-SLE could represent not only a risk factor for thrombosis but also a poor prognostic factor overall. ..
- Siao D, Seetapah A, Ryman A, Guerin V, Mesli A, Maurette P. Optimal management of an aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in a patient with known factor XI deficiency: a case report. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2008;14:108-11 pubmed..Human factor XI concentrate (Hemoleven, Laboratoire Français du Fractionnement et des Biotechnologies [LFB], Les Ulis, France) was used successfully in this case report. New treatment using recombinant factor VIIa is discussed. ..
- Aubrun F, Valade N, Coriat P, Riou B. Predictive factors of severe postoperative pain in the postanesthesia care unit. Anesth Analg. 2008;106:1535-41, table of contents pubmed publisher..A higher intraoperative dose of sufentanil, general anesthesia, and preoperative treatment with analgesics were significantly associated with severe postoperative pain. ..
- Senèze C, Haus Cheymol R, Hanslik T. [Rubella seroprevalence in 234 military young women aged between 19 and 31 years]. Presse Med. 2008;37:1717-22 pubmed publisher..5%, letting suppose the persistence of the wild virus. The prevention campaigns and the efforts begun to vaccine all the non-immune women of childbearing age must be pursued. ..
- Lae M, Freneaux P, Sastre Garau X, Chouchane O, Sigal Zafrani B, Vincent Salomon A. Secretory breast carcinomas with ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene belong to the basal-like carcinoma spectrum. Mod Pathol. 2009;22:291-8 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that secretory breast carcinomas have immunohistochemical and genetic features that distinguish them from other basal-like tumors of the breast. ..
- Loeuille D, Rat A, Goebel J, Champigneulle J, Blum A, Netter P, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging in osteoarthritis: which method best reflects synovial membrane inflammation? Correlations with clinical, macroscopic and microscopic features. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2009;17:1186-92 pubmed publisher..Compared to SMV, MRI synovitis score seems sufficient to assess synovial inflammation but high SMV is an appropriate indicator of vascular congestion, and low SMV reflects pain in knee OA. ..
- Talarmin J, Boutoille D, Tattevin P, Dargere S, Weinbreck P, Ansart S, et al. [Epidemiology of candidemia: a one-year prospective observational study in the west of France]. Med Mal Infect. 2009;39:877-85 pubmed publisher..Mortality was 49% overall, and was significantly higher in case of septic shock, advanced age, and absence of catheter removal. ..
- Zeller V, Lavigne M, Leclerc P, Lhotellier L, Graff W, Ziza J, et al. Group B streptococcal prosthetic joint infections: a retrospective study of 30 cases. Presse Med. 2009;38:1577-84 pubmed publisher..To describe the epidemiological, clinical, and laboratory characteristics of patients with group B streptococcal (GBS) prosthetic joint infections, their diagnoses, treatment, and long-term outcomes...
- Jiang Z, Le Bas J, Grand S, Salon C, Pasteris C, Hoffmann D, et al. Prognostic value of perfusion MR imaging in patients with oligodendroglioma: A survival study. J Neuroradiol. 2011;38:53-61 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment rCBV measured by DSC perfusion MRI was found to be a prognostic factor for survival in patients with oligodendroglioma or mixed tumour, by using the Saint-Anne Hospital classification, which separate the IIB from the IIA. ..
- Jaber S, Petrof B, Jung B, Chanques G, Berthet J, Rabuel C, et al. Rapidly progressive diaphragmatic weakness and injury during mechanical ventilation in humans. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;183:364-71 pubmed publisher..Paradoxically, MV itself results in a rapid loss of diaphragmatic strength in animals. However, very little is known about the time course or mechanistic basis for such a phenomenon in humans...
- Frecha C, Levy C, Costa C, Negre D, Amirache F, Buckland R, et al. Measles virus glycoprotein-pseudotyped lentiviral vector-mediated gene transfer into quiescent lymphocytes requires binding to both SLAM and CD46 entry receptors. J Virol. 2011;85:5975-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that although vector entry can occur through the CD46 receptor, SLAM binding and subsequent signaling are also required for efficient LV transduction of quiescent lymphocytes to occur. ..
- Fontaine D, Christophe Sol J, Raoul S, Fabre N, Geraud G, Magne C, et al. Treatment of refractory chronic cluster headache by chronic occipital nerve stimulation. Cephalalgia. 2011;31:1101-5 pubmed publisher..Considering their respective risks, ONS should be proposed before deep brain stimulation in severe refractory CCH patients. ..
- Lac G, Dutheil F, Brousse G, Triboulet Kelly C, Chamoux A. Saliva DHEAS changes in patients suffering from psychopathological disorders arising from bullying at work. Brain Cogn. 2012;80:277-81 pubmed publisher..Psychological disorders arising from bullying at work (BW) are common. The relationship between these disorders and putative markers is not well established...
- Rusakiewicz S, Semeraro M, Sarabi M, Desbois M, Locher C, Mendez R, et al. Immune infiltrates are prognostic factors in localized gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Cancer Res. 2013;73:3499-510 pubmed publisher..These findings encourage the prospective validation of immune biomarkers for optimal risk stratification of patients with GIST...
- Filipe V, Allen P, Peyrin Biroulet L. Self-medication with steroids in inflammatory bowel disease. Dig Liver Dis. 2016;48:23-6 pubmed publisher..As steroids have significant side effects and patients may have active disease it is important to counsel patients and to monitor their self-prescribing patterns in IBD patients. ..
- Jodar M, Jacquin J, Vallée J. [Perception of adverse reactions of chemotherapy and hormone therapy by women treated for breast cancer]. Therapie. 2016;71:263-73 pubmed publisher..The development of TTT less EI provider was desired. The effect of CM on SE should be explored. ..
- Mayer A, Ploix C, Orgiazzi J, Desbos A, Moreira A, Vidal H, et al. Calcium-sensing receptor autoantibodies are relevant markers of acquired hypoparathyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:4484-8 pubmed..In conclusion, using an immunoblotting assay, we demonstrate the presence of CaSR aAbs in about one third of the patients with isolated AH, pointing out the value of detecting such aAbs to assess the autoimmune origin of the disease. ..
- Regnard P, Barry P, Isselin J. Mycobacterial tenosynovitis of the flexor tendons of the hand. A report of five cases. J Hand Surg Br. 1996;21:351-4 pubmed..The functional result is usually good, but recurrence is not uncommon. Long-term follow-up is necessary. Local corticosteroid therapy could have a part in the causation of this condition...
- Amant C, Hamon M, Bauters C, Richard F, Helbecque N, McFadden E, et al. The angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with coronary artery vasoconstriction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997;29:486-90 pubmed..009). The AT1 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with coronary vasomotion in humans. ..
- Thoumie P, Mevellec E. Relation between walking speed and muscle strength is affected by somatosensory loss in multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002;73:313-5 pubmed..These results are relevant to assess rehabilitation modalities in MS. ..
- Rossignol F, Vache C, Clottes E. Natural antisense transcripts of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha are detected in different normal and tumour human tissues. Gene. 2002;299:135-40 pubmed
- Pico F, Labreuche J, Touboul P, Amarenco P. Intracranial arterial dolichoectasia and its relation with atherosclerosis and stroke subtype. Neurology. 2003;61:1736-42 pubmed..29-6.46) compared with atherothrombotic infarct. IADE was associated with vascular risk factors such as age, male sex, hypertension, previous history of myocardial infarction, and lacunar infarct, but not with carotid atherosclerosis. ..
- Freslon M, Soyer J, Iborra J, Hadjadj S, Pries P, Clarac J. An unusual cause of a stress femoral fracture in a long-distance runner: a case of bilateral fracture. J Trauma. 2004;56:433-6 pubmed
- Haba Rubio J, Staner L, Krieger J, Macher J. What is the clinical significance of periodic limb movements during sleep?. Neurophysiol Clin. 2004;34:293-300 pubmed..28; P < 0.05) and (5) (r = -0.36; P < 0.01). PLMS per se, or the sleep changes induced by them, seem to be associated with decreased physical and psychological fitness on awakening. ..
- Duval F, Mokrani M, Monreal Ortiz J, Fattah S, Champeval C, Schulz P, et al. Cortisol hypersecretion in unipolar major depression with melancholic and psychotic features: dopaminergic, noradrenergic and thyroid correlates. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2006;31:876-88 pubmed..Our findings, in a subgroup of unipolar depressed inpatients with psychotic and melancholic features, are compatible with the hypothesis that chronic elevation of cortisol may lead to dopaminergic, noradrenergic and thyroid dysfunction. ..
- Mataria A, Luchini S, Daoud Y, Moatti J. Demand assessment and price-elasticity estimation of quality-improved primary health care in Palestine: a contribution from the contingent valuation method. Health Econ. 2007;16:1051-68 pubmed..Our results can be used to design successful health care financing strategies that include a consideration of patients' preferences and financial capacities. ..
- Gourfinkel An I, Duyckaerts C, Camuzat A, Meyrignac C, Sonderegger P, Baulac M, et al. Clinical and neuropathologic study of a French family with a mutation in the neuroserpin gene. Neurology. 2007;69:79-83 pubmed..The typical cerebral inclusions (Collins bodies) were abundant in the frontal cortex and in the head of the caudate nucleus but spared the cerebellum. ..
- Caron M, Auclair M, Donadille B, Bereziat V, Guerci B, Laville M, et al. Human lipodystrophies linked to mutations in A-type lamins and to HIV protease inhibitor therapy are both associated with prelamin A accumulation, oxidative stress and premature cellular senescence. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1759-67 pubmed..These alterations could participate in the pathophysiology of lipodystrophic syndromes and lead to premature ageing complications. ..
- Bogorad R, Courtillot C, Mestayer C, Bernichtein S, Harutyunyan L, Jomain J, et al. Identification of a gain-of-function mutation of the prolactin receptor in women with benign breast tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14533-8 pubmed publisher..Hallmarks of constitutive activity were all reversed by a specific PrlR antagonist, which opens potential therapeutic approaches for MFA, or any other disease that could be associated with this mutation in future. ..
- Farrugia A, Raul J, Geraut A, Tortel M, Ludes B. Destabilization and intracranial fragmentation of a full metal jacket bullet. J Forensic Leg Med. 2009;16:400-2 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon induces atypical entrance wounds and atypical X-ray presentation...
- Bourguignon M, Yaghi L, Flajollet S, Radanne Krawice I, Rouas Freiss N, Lugrin D, et al. Increased soluble human leukocyte antigen-G levels in peripheral blood from climbers on Mount Everest. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:1105-8 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that HLA-G has to be taken into account in the mechanisms participating in adaptation to high altitudes and reinforce hypoxia as an important factor in the regulation of HLA-G expression. ..
- Romain B, Neuville A, Meyer N, Brigand C, Rohr S, Schneider A, et al. Allelotyping identification of genomic alterations in rectal chromosomally unstable tumors without preoperative treatment. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:561 pubmed publisher..Finally, potential prognostic genomic molecular markers for survival are proposed which status could specify the clinical course of the tumors. ..
- Brun J, Cortez A, Lesieur B, Uzan S, Rouzier R, Darai E. Expression of MMP-2, -7, -9, MT1-MMP and TIMP-1 and -2 has no prognostic relevance in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1049-57 pubmed publisher..Standard statistical analysis adjusted after Bonferroni correction and CMDS reduced the relevance of MMPs and TIMPs in the prognosis of patients with advanced ovarian cancer. ..
- Méndez Hernández P, Dosamantes Carrasco D, Siani C, Flores Y, Arredondo A, Lumbreras Delgado I, et al. A workplace physical activity program at a public university in Mexico can reduce medical costs associated with type 2 diabetes and hypertension. Salud Publica Mex. 2012;54:20-7 pubmed..3 dollars. This research meets the call to use health economics methods to re-appraise health priorities, and devise strategies for optimal allocation of financial resources in the health sector. ..
- Duboz P, Chapuis Lucciani N, Boetsch G, Gueye L. Prevalence of diabetes and associated risk factors in a Senegalese urban (Dakar) population. Diabetes Metab. 2012;38:332-6 pubmed publisher..Diabetes is becoming a pressing public-health problem in Senegal, and the major risk factors for the increasing diabetes prevalence in the city of Dakar are gender, age and body mass index. ..
- Bost M, Piguet Lacroix G, Parant F, Wilson C. Molecular analysis of Wilson patients: direct sequencing and MLPA analysis in the ATP7B gene and Atox1 and COMMD1 gene analysis. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2012;26:97-101 pubmed publisher..Based on the data of this study, no major role can be attributed to Atox1 and COMMD in the pathophysiology or clinical variation of WD. ..
- Lopez R, Jaussent I, Scholz S, Bayard S, Montplaisir J, Dauvilliers Y. Functional impairment in adult sleepwalkers: a case-control study. Sleep. 2013;36:345-51 pubmed publisher..To investigate the restorative quality of sleep and daytime functioning in sleepwalking adult patients in comparison with controls...
- SallÃ© de Chou C, Ortonne N, Hivelin M, Wolkenstein P, Chosidow O, Valeyrie Allanore L. [Aseptic cutaneous breast abscesses associated with ulcerative colitis]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2016;143:139-43 pubmed publisher..Aseptic abscess syndrome must be considered in the event of recurrent aseptic cutaneous abscesses which may be associated with inflammatory bowel disease. Surgery should be avoided and treatment should be based on suitable drug therapy. ..