Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Denmark
Publications1064 found, 100 shown here
- Thorborg K, Serner A, Petersen J, Madsen T, Magnusson P, Hölmich P. Hip adduction and abduction strength profiles in elite soccer players: implications for clinical evaluation of hip adductor muscle recovery after injury. Am J Sports Med. 2011;39:121-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it is suggested that the ipsilateral hip adduction/abduction strength ratio is used as a guideline for evaluating hip adduction strength recovery in soccer players with bilateral groin problems. ..
- Daniel S. Adult attachment insecurity and narrative processes in psychotherapy: an exploratory study. Clin Psychol Psychother. 2011;18:498-511 pubmed publisher..Suggestions for further investigations of the in-session discourse of clients with different attachment states of mind are given.? ..
- Bendtsen T, Nielsen T, Rohde C, Kibak K, Linde F. Ultrasound guidance improves a continuous popliteal sciatic nerve block when compared with nerve stimulation. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2011;36:181-4 pubmed
- Hansen D, Kehlet H, Gärtner R. Phantom breast sensations are frequent after mastectomy. Dan Med Bull. 2011;58:A4259 pubmed..030 per year; 95% CI 1.010-1.050; p = 0.0026). The prevalence of PBS during the first 1-3 years after mastectomy is about 25% and it is related to young age. ..
- Pedersen S, Lunn S, Katznelson H, Poulsen S. Reflective functioning in 70 patients suffering from bulimia nervosa. Eur Eat Disord Rev. 2012;20:303-10 pubmed publisher..The study indicates that the theory of mentalization may contribute to understanding BN. However, bulimic pathology may develop and be maintained despite good mentalizing abilities. ..
- Moth G, Vestergaard M, Vedsted P. Chronic care management in Danish general practice--a cross-sectional study of workload and multimorbidity. BMC Fam Pract. 2012;13:52 pubmed publisher..As the number of patients with chronic conditions and multimorbidity is increasing, GPs can be expected to face a heavier workload in the future. ..
- Ul Mulk J, Hölmich L. Lymph node dissection in patients with malignant melanoma is associated with high risk of morbidity. Dan Med J. 2012;59:A4441 pubmed..Long-term complications are severe and can profoundly impact the patient's quality of life. ..
- Greve T, Wielenga V, Grauslund M, Sørensen N, Christiansen D, Rosendahl M, et al. Ovarian tissue cryopreserved for fertility preservation from patients with Ewing or other sarcomas appear to have no tumour cell contamination. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:1932-8 pubmed publisher..Although the actual pieces of ovarian tissue used for transplantation remain unchecked, the current data indicate that the procedure is safe at least in patients that survive the sarcoma disease. ..
- Feagan B, Sandborn W, D Haens G, Pola S, McDonald J, Rutgeerts P, et al. The role of centralized reading of endoscopy in a randomized controlled trial of mesalamine for ulcerative colitis. Gastroenterology. 2013;145:149-157.e2 pubmed publisher..Central review of endoscopic images is critical to the conduct of induction studies in UC; ClinicalTrials.gov Number, NCT01059344. ..
- Olsen N, Pfeiffer P, Mondrup K, Rose C. Radiation-induced brachial plexus neuropathy in breast cancer patients. Acta Oncol. 1990;29:885-90 pubmed..Since no successful treatment is available, restricted use of RT to the brachial plexus is warranted, especially when administered concomitantly with cytotoxic therapy. ..
- Jørgensen M, Victor M. Antiemetic efficacy of ondansetron and metoclopramide, both combined with corticosteroid, in malignant lymphoma patients receiving non-cisplatin chemotherapy. Acta Oncol. 1996;35:159-63 pubmed..In malignant lymphoma patients receiving moderately emetogenic CT, the combination of OND and CS was very effective and significantly better than low dose MCP and CS in the control of acute emesis, acute nausea and delayed nausea. ..
- He G, Bruun J, Lihn A, Pedersen S, Richelsen B. Stimulation of PAI-1 and adipokines by glucose in human adipose tissue in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:878-83 pubmed
- Sander B, Best J, Johansen S, Kessel L, Moldow B. Fluorescein transport through the blood-aqueous and blood-retinal barriers in diabetic macular edema. Curr Eye Res. 2003;27:247-52 pubmed..5 nm/sec respectively, p = 0.009, n = 19). Both the rate constant of the BAB and the BRB permeability were significantly increased in CSME indicating that eye-specific factors are common for both barriers in diabetic patients with CSME. ..
- Taarnhøj N, Munch I, Kyvik K, Sander B, Kessel L, Sørensen T, et al. Heritability of cilioretinal arteries: a twin study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:3850-4 pubmed
- Svane I, Pedersen A, Johansen J, Johnsen H, Nielsen D, Kamby C, et al. Vaccination with p53 peptide-pulsed dendritic cells is associated with disease stabilization in patients with p53 expressing advanced breast cancer; monitoring of serum YKL-40 and IL-6 as response biomarkers. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2007;56:1485-99 pubmed..In conclusion, a significant fraction of breast cancer patients obtained SD during p53-targeting DC therapy. Data encourage initiation of a randomized trial in p53 positive patients evaluating the impact on progression free survival. ..
- Hansen L, Laerum O, Illemann M, Nielsen B, Ploug M. Altered expression of the urokinase receptor homologue, C4.4A, in invasive areas of human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:734-41 pubmed..In conclusion, C4.4A is expressed during invasion and metastasis of human ESCC and may thus provide a new histological marker in this disease. ..
- Christiansen S, Jakobsen B, Lund B, Lind M. Isolated repair of the medial patellofemoral ligament in primary dislocation of the patella: a prospective randomized study. Arthroscopy. 2008;24:881-7 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of surgical reinsertion of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) to the adductor tubercle compared with conservative treatment in patients with primary dislocation of the patella...
- Podlekareva D, Bannister W, Mocroft A, Abrosimova L, Karpov I, Lundgren J, et al. The EuroSIDA study: Regional differences in the HIV-1 epidemic and treatment response to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected patients across Europe--a review of published results. Cent Eur J Public Health. 2008;16:99-105 pubmed..Strategies include creating scientific collaborations for HIV clinicians as well as teaching clinicians about the most advanced HIV management at clinically oriented courses held in eastern Europe. ..
- Holtermann A, Mortensen O, Burr H, Søgaard K, Gyntelberg F, Suadicani P. Fitness, work, and leisure-time physical activity and ischaemic heart disease and all-cause mortality among men with pre-existing cardiovascular disease. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2010;36:366-72 pubmed..Among gainfully employed men with pre-existing CVD, a high physical fitness was associated with a substantially reduced risk for IHD and all-cause mortality. ..
- Helweg Larsen K, Sørensen J, Brønnum Hansen H, Kruse M. Risk factors for violence exposure and attributable healthcare costs: results from the Danish national health interview surveys. Scand J Public Health. 2011;39:10-6 pubmed publisher..Whether mental health problems increase the risk of violence exposure or violence is a particular risk factor for health problems cannot be assessed by cross-sectional data alone. ..
- Hargreave M, Nielsen A, Munk C, Kjaer S. [Continuous regular use of mild analgesics in Denmark]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2010;172:2295-302 pubmed..This study demonstrates social inequalities in the use of analgesics, which make this a potential area for intervention that deserves further attention. ..
- Bentzen J, Forman J, Pinborg A, Lidegaard Ø, Larsen E, Friis Hansen L, et al. Ovarian reserve parameters: a comparison between users and non-users of hormonal contraception. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012;25:612-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, serum AMH concentration and AFC may not retain their accuracy as predictors of the ovarian reserve in women using hormonal contraception...
- Ali Z, Ulrik C. Obesity and asthma: a coincidence or a causal relationship? A systematic review. Respir Med. 2013;107:1287-300 pubmed publisher..The association between obesity and asthma is not straightforward, and further knowledge is clearly needed, as understanding the underlying mechanisms may lead to new therapeutic options for this high-risk part of the asthma population. ..
- Rashidi M, Esmaily S, Fiane A, Gude E, A TÃ¸nseth K, Ueland T, et al. Wound complications and surgical events in de novo heart transplant patients treated with everolimus: Post-hoc analysis of the SCHEDULE trial. Int J Cardiol. 2016;210:80-4 pubmed publisher..De novo initiation of EVE and early CyA withdrawal in HTx patients did not show any significant differences in wound complications or in total surgical events. Majority of complications were seen in a small number of patients. ..
- Glinatsi D, Baker J, Hetland M, Hørslev Petersen K, Ejbjerg B, Stengaard Pedersen K, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging assessed inflammation in the wrist is associated with patient-reported physical impairment, global assessment of disease activity and pain in early rheumatoid arthritis: longitudinal results from two randomised controlled t. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1707-1715 pubmed publisher..MRI-assessed inflammation, but not damage, in early RA wrists is associated with patient-reported physical impairment, global assessment of disease activity and pain and influences the physical function in the hand. NCT00660647. ..
- Dahl M, Tybjaerg Hansen A, Schnohr P, Nordestgaard B. A population-based study of morbidity and mortality in mannose-binding lectin deficiency. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1391-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that MBL deficiency is not a major risk factor for morbidity or death in the adult Caucasian population. ..
- Jepsen P, Vilstrup H, Lash T. Development and validation of a comorbidity scoring system for patients with cirrhosis. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:147-56; quiz e15-6 pubmed publisher..This system had higher C statistic and NRI values than the Charlson Comorbidity Index, and is easier to use. It could therefore be a preferred method to predict death or survival of patients and for use in epidemiologic studies. ..
- Amin F, Hougaard A, Schytz H, Asghar M, Lundholm E, Parvaiz A, et al. Investigation of the pathophysiological mechanisms of migraine attacks induced by pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide-38. Brain. 2014;137:779-94 pubmed publisher..PACAP38 has a much higher affinity for the PAC1 receptor and we therefore suggest that migraine induction by PACAP38 may be because of activation of the PAC1 receptor, which may be a future anti-migraine drug target. ..
- Okkels S, Bredie W, Klausen T, Beck A. An investigation into between-meal food desires among hospitalised haematological cancer patients. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:440-445 pubmed publisher..The findings may be easily implemented in hospital food service routines for cancer patients, and might positively contribute to patients' well-being and nutrition. ..
- Nielsen H, Christensen I, Sørensen S, Moesgaard F, Brunner N. Preoperative plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 and serum C-reactive protein levels in patients with colorectal cancer. The RANX05 Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Ann Surg Oncol. 2000;7:617-23 pubmed..Serum CRP was found to be a Dukes independent prognostic variable in this patient cohort, and was found to identify a subgroup of curatively resected patients at risk for short survival. ..
- Espersen K, Frandsen H, Lorentzen T, Kanstrup I, Christensen N. The human spleen as an erythrocyte reservoir in diving-related interventions. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002;92:2071-9 pubmed..No major differences were observed between the two groups. The splenic contraction should, therefore, be included in the diving response on equal terms with bradycardia, decreased peripheral blood flow, and increased blood pressure. ..
- Hutchings M, Hesse B, Grønvall J, Olsen N. Renal 131I-hippuran extraction in man: effects of dopamine. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002;54:675-7 pubmed..002). Dopamine induced increases in renal blood flow are largely under-estimated when measurements are not corrected for incomplete extraction of 131I-hippuran. ..
- Vinther A, Kanstrup I, Christiansen E, Alkjaer T, Larsson B, Magnusson S, et al. Exercise-induced rib stress fractures: influence of reduced bone mineral density. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2005;15:95-9 pubmed..41 g cm(-2), range 1.27-1.57 g cm(-2)) (P=0.028). The present results suggest that low bone mineral density may be a potential risk factor for the development of exercise-induced rib stress fractures in elite rowers. ..
- Jensen H, Svanholm H, Støvring H, Bro F. A primary healthcare-based intervention to improve a Danish cervical cancer screening programme: a cluster randomised controlled trial. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2009;63:510-5 pubmed publisher..To further improve participation, other barriers must be identified and addressed. ..
- Petersen K, Gyrd Hansen D, Linneberg A, Dahl R, Larsen J, Løwenstein H, et al. Willingness to pay for allergy-vaccination among Danish patients with respiratory allergy. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2010;26:20-9 pubmed publisher..There is a significant discrepancy between those who hypothetically consider SCIT and those demanding SCIT in real life. This study suggests that there are barriers to entry related to age and education, but not to income. ..
- Nielsen H, Witvliet M, Steffensen R, Haasnoot G, Goulmy E, Christiansen O, et al. The presence of HLA-antibodies in recurrent miscarriage patients is associated with a reduced chance of a live birth. J Reprod Immunol. 2010;87:67-73 pubmed publisher..The presence of these antibodies in early pregnancy is associated with a reduced chance of a live birth. Further exploring this association may increase our understanding of maternal acceptance of the fetal allograft. ..
- Christensen D, Jensen N, Maaløe R, Rudolph S, Belhage B, Perrild H. Low compliance with a validated system for emergency department triage. Dan Med Bull. 2011;58:A4294 pubmed..As a consequence, many patients who are presumed to be critically ill are not allocated to an EC. Initiatives have been taken to raise compliance with the system. ..
- Qin P. The impact of psychiatric illness on suicide: differences by diagnosis of disorders and by sex and age of subjects. J Psychiatr Res. 2011;45:1445-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that approaches to psychiatric suicide prevention should be varied according to diagnosis and sex and age of subjects. ..
- Zimling Z, Sørensen J, Gerds T, Bech C, Andersen C, Santoni Rugiu E. Low ERCC1 expression in malignant pleural mesotheliomas treated with cisplatin and vinorelbine predicts prolonged progression-free survival. J Thorac Oncol. 2012;7:249-56 pubmed publisher..Our retrospective study in MPM patients treated with cisplatin/vinorelbine suggests that low ERCC1 expression, evaluated by IHC, may predict longer PFS, a result that warrants further validation. ..
- Cek M, Tandogdu Z, Naber K, Tenke P, Wagenlehner F, van Oostrum E, et al. Antibiotic prophylaxis in urology departments, 2005-2010. Eur Urol. 2013;63:386-94 pubmed publisher..There were significant differences between countries/regions and types of hospitals, both in using AP for clean procedures and in the types of antibiotics used. AP was not always consistent with recommended guidelines. ..
- Christensen A, Kirkegaard M, Randrup T, Klug T. Biochemical tests cannot differentiate between tonsillar and middle ear-derived infections. Dan Med J. 2013;60:A4623 pubmed..None of the infection markers studied were useful for differential diagnostics. not relevant. not relevant. ..
- Rucker J, Tansey K, Rivera M, Pinto D, Cohen Woods S, Uher R, et al. Phenotypic Association Analyses With Copy Number Variation in Recurrent Depressive Disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;79:329-36 pubmed publisher..Genetic pleiotropy and sample heterogeneity suggest that very large sample sizes are required to study conclusively the role of genetic variation in mood disorders. ..
- Juhl S, Rubboli G. Perampanel as add-on treatment in refractory focal epilepsy. The Dianalund experience. Acta Neurol Scand. 2016;134:374-377 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to explore the tolerability profile, with particular focus on psychiatric adverse events. ..
- Thyssen J, Toft P, Halling Overgaard A, Gislason G, Skov L, Egeberg A. Incidence, prevalence, and risk of selected ocular disease in adults with atopic dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:280-286.e1 pubmed publisher..Adults with AD had a significant and disease severity-dependent increased risk of development of conjunctivitis, keratitis, and keratoconus compared with that of the general population. ..
- Rico Sanz J. Creatine reduces human muscle PCr and pH decrements and P(i) accumulation during low-intensity exercise. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;88:1181-91 pubmed..These results suggest that elevating muscle Cr enhances oxidative phosphorylation during mild isometric exercise, where it is expected that oxygen delivery matches demands and predominantly slow-twitch motor units are recruited...
- Kupers R, Gybels J, Gjedde A. Positron emission tomography study of a chronic pain patient successfully treated with somatosensory thalamic stimulation. Pain. 2000;87:295-302 pubmed..During thalamic stimulation, blood flow significantly increased in the amygdala and anterior insular cortex. These data further support that there are important differences in the cerebral processing of acute and chronic pain. ..
- Thomsen J, Berner B, Tos M. Vestibular neurectomy. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2000;27:297-301 pubmed..Surgical experience is necessary in order obtain good results, the number of patients needing the operation is small and centralization of the treatment is mandatory...
- Engberg A, Teasdale T. Psychosocial outcome following traumatic brain injury in adults: a long-term population-based follow-up. Brain Inj. 2004;18:533-45 pubmed..In the long run, an important factor influencing survival among cerebral lesion patients seemed to be whether relations with family and friends could be maintained at the pre-injury level. ..
- Knudsen S, Harsløf T, Husted L, Carstens M, Stenkjaer L, Langdahl B. The effect of interleukin-1alpha polymorphisms on bone mineral density and the risk of vertebral fractures. Calcif Tissue Int. 2007;80:21-30 pubmed..In conclusion, all the polymorphisms within the IL-1alpha gene are in strong linkage disequilibrium and not convincingly associated with fracture risk, BMD, or bone turnover. ..
- Hammer T, Oranje B, Glenthoj B. The effects of imipramine on P50 suppression, prepulse inhibition and habituation of the startle response in humans. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2007;10:787-95 pubmed
- Csillag C, Borup R, Olsen J, Nielsen F, Nielsen O. Treatment response and colonic gene expression in patients with Crohn's disease. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007;42:834-40 pubmed..Responses and adverse events to medication vary greatly among patients with Crohn's disease (CD). The aim of this study was to investigate whether global gene expression profiles could predict such responses and possible side effects...
- Nøjgaard C, Høst N, Christensen I, Poulsen S, Egstrup K, Price P, et al. Serum levels of YKL-40 increases in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Coron Artery Dis. 2008;19:257-63 pubmed publisher..004, P=0.008, P=0.017, respectively). These results demonstrated that serum concentrations of YKL-40 are greatly increased in AMI patients with and without thrombolytic therapy. ..
- Lykke K, Christensen P, Reventlow S. "This is not normal ... "--signs that make the GP question the child's well-being. Fam Pract. 2008;25:146-53 pubmed publisher..It takes more than insight and will from the professionals, it requires a socio-political and socio-economic effort. ..
- Henriksen M, Alkjaer T, Simonsen E, Bliddal H. Experimental muscle pain during a forward lunge--the effects on knee joint dynamics and electromyographic activity. Br J Sports Med. 2009;43:503-7 pubmed publisher..The results may have implications in the management of muscle pain and prevention of injuries during activities involving the knee joint. ..
- Zhu J, Basso O, Obel C, HvidtjÃ¸rn D, Olsen J. Infertility, infertility treatment and psychomotor development: the Danish National Birth Cohort. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2009;23:98-106 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a long TTP may be associated with a modest developmental delay. Infertility treatment, especially ICSI, may be associated with a slight delay for some of these early milestones. ..
- Sandberg K, Timmermans B, Overgaard M, Cleeremans A. Measuring consciousness: is one measure better than the other?. Conscious Cogn. 2010;19:1069-78 pubmed publisher..Similarities and differences between scales are discussed in the light of consciousness theories and response strategies. ..
- Hertz N, Lister R. Improved survival in patients with end-stage cancer treated with coenzyme Q(10) and other antioxidants: a pilot study. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:1961-71 pubmed..8 months versus 11.9 months for mean predicted survival. Ten patients (24%) survived for less time than predicted, whereas 31 (76%) survived for longer. Treatments were very well tolerated with few adverse effects. ..
- Ågård A, Egerod I, Tønnesen E, Lomborg K. Struggling for independence: a grounded theory study on convalescence of ICU survivors 12 months post ICU discharge. Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2012;28:105-13 pubmed publisher..To explore and explain the challenges, concerns, and coping modalities in ICU-survivors living with a partner or spouse during the first 12 months post ICU discharge...
- Haahr M, Rasmussen P, Madsen K, Marner L, Ratner C, Gillings N, et al. Obesity is associated with high serotonin 4 receptor availability in the brain reward circuitry. Neuroimage. 2012;61:884-8 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that pharmacological stimulation of the cerebral 5-HT(4)R may reduce reward-related overeating in humans. ..
- Jørgensen K, Jensen M, Toft G, Larsen A, Bonde J, Hougaard K. Risk of cryptorchidism and hypospadias among boys of maternal hairdressers - a Danish population-based cohort study. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2013;39:302-9 pubmed publisher..Our nationwide cohort study shows that, despite exposure to a complex chemical milieu, hairdressers do not have an increased risk of having boys with cryptorchidism and hypospadias. ..
- Liu Y, Carlsson R, Ambjørn M, Hasan M, Badn W, Darabi A, et al. PD-L1 expression by neurons nearby tumors indicates better prognosis in glioblastoma patients. J Neurosci. 2013;33:14231-45 pubmed publisher..Reciprocal PD-L1 regulation in TABT and tumor tissue could be a prognostic biomarker for GBM. Understanding the complex interactions between tumor and adjacent stromal tissue is important in designing targeted GBM therapies. ..
- De Bari B, Franco P, Niyazi M, Cornetto A, Qvortrup C, Martin A, et al. The Pocketable Electronic Devices in Radiation Oncology (PEDRO) Project: How the Use of Tools in Medical Decision Making is Changing?. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2016;15:365-76 pubmed publisher..Quality assurance" criteria should be specifically developed for medical apps and a comprehensive Web site gathering all reliable applications and tools might be useful for daily clinical practice. ..
- Nabe Nielsen K, Garde A, Tuchsen F, Hogh A, Diderichsen F. Cardiovascular risk factors and primary selection into shift work. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2008;34:206-12 pubmed..These results indicate that smoking status should not solely be treated as a mediator between some variants of shiftwork schedules and cardiovascular diseases but should also be considered a confounder. ..
- Nørgaard J, Olesen L, Olesen G, Meyer K, Kristensen J, Bendix K, et al. FAB M4 and high CD14 surface expression is associated with high cellular resistance to Ara-C and daunorubicin: implications for clinical outcome in acute myeloid leukaemia. Eur J Haematol. 2001;67:221-9 pubmed
- Korsgaard M, Christensen F, Thomsen K, Hansen E, Bunger C. The influence of lumbar lordosis on spinal fusion and functional outcome after posterolateral spinal fusion with and without pedicle screw instrumentation. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2002;15:187-92 pubmed..The sagittal alignment was stable both 1 and 2 years after solid fusion. The failure mode of instrumented fusions was a reduced degree of lordosis in contrast to an increased degree of lordosis in patients with noninstrumented fusion. ..
- Laerum O, Illemann M, Skarstein A, Helgeland L, Ovrebø K, Danø K, et al. Crohn's disease but not chronic ulcerative colitis induces the expression of PAI-1 in enteric neurons. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008;103:2350-8 pubmed publisher..The findings also suggest that PAI-1 in neurons is related to pain and that both PAI-1 and uPAR are involved in neuronal repair in the inflamed tissue. ..
- Lønbro S, Dalgas U, Primdahl H, Johansen J, Nielsen J, Overgaard J, et al. Lean body mass and muscle function in head and neck cancer patients and healthy individuals--results from the DAHANCA 25 study. Acta Oncol. 2013;52:1543-51 pubmed publisher..Patients expressed lower levels of these variables compared with healthy individuals, suggesting that lean body mass is a clinically relevant health factor in HNSCC patients. ..
- Moore R, Brødsgaard I. Group therapy compared with individual desensitization for dental anxiety. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 1994;22:258-62 pubmed..Rehearsal IT performed best for sustained dental care behavior. Group dynamics are discussed and suggestions made for effective and efficient group therapy as well as decision making about choice of treatment. ..
- Christensen P, Krarup H, Niesters H, Norder H, Georgsen J. Prevalence and incidence of bloodborne viral infections among Danish prisoners. Eur J Epidemiol. 2000;16:1043-9 pubmed..They should be vaccinated against hepatitis B and new initiatives to stop sharing of injecting equipment in and outside prison is urgently needed. ..
- Larsen B, Nielsen L, Engelstätter R, Steinijans V, Dahl R. Effect of ciclesonide on allergen challenge in subjects with bronchial asthma. Allergy. 2003;58:207-12 pubmed..Cortisol excretion in 24-h urine showed no significant difference between ciclesonide and placebo. The study supports the efficacy and safety of ciclesonide. ..
- Höffner L, Nielsen J, Langberg H, Hellsten Y. Exercise but not prostanoids enhance levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and other proliferative agents in human skeletal muscle interstitium. J Physiol. 2003;550:217-25 pubmed..Products of cyclooxygenase do not appear to have an effect on the release of VEGF or other proliferative agents in human skeletal muscle. ..
- Dybdahl T, Andersen M, Kragstrup J, Kristiansen I, Søndergaard J. General practitioners' adoption of new drugs and previous prescribing of drugs belonging to the same therapeutic class: a pharmacoepidemiological study. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2005;60:526-33 pubmed..There is no consistent association between GPs' level of drug prescribing and their adoption of new drugs of the same therapeutic group. ..
- Østergaard C, Konradsen H, Samuelsson S. Clinical presentation and prognostic factors of Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis according to the focus of infection. BMC Infect Dis. 2005;5:93 pubmed..We conducted a nationwide study in Denmark to identify clinical features and prognostic factors in patients with Streptococcus pneumoniae according to the focus of infection...
- Paulsen E, Christensen L, Andersen K. Miconidin and miconidin methyl ether from Primula obconica Hance: new allergens in an old sensitizer. Contact Dermatitis. 2006;55:203-9 pubmed..obconica cultivars...
- Clausen H, Larsen L, Jørgensen A, Bzorek M. The human placenta from heavy smokers: evaluation of vasoactive peptides by immunohistochemistry. APMIS. 2007;115:22-9 pubmed..A blinded comparative study showed no reproducible significant differences in the staining intensity of the antigen-antibody reaction to Et-1 and e-NOS between the two groups. ..
- Schmitt N, Calloe K, Nielsen N, Buschmann M, Speckmann E, Schulze Bahr E, et al. The novel C-terminal KCNQ1 mutation M520R alters protein trafficking. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:304-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the LQT1 mutation M520R leads to ER-retention and dysfunctional trafficking of the mutant channel resulting in haploinsufficiency. ..
- Jacobsen G, Schlunssen V, Schaumburg I, Taudorf E, Sigsgaard T. Longitudinal lung function decline and wood dust exposure in the furniture industry. Eur Respir J. 2008;31:334-42 pubmed..In conclusion, in the present low-exposed cohort, female woodworkers had an accelerated decline in lung function, which may be clinically relevant. ..
- Andersen H, Arendt Nielsen L, Svensson P, Danneskiold Samsøe B, Graven Nielsen T. Spatial and temporal aspects of muscle hyperalgesia induced by nerve growth factor in humans. Exp Brain Res. 2008;191:371-82 pubmed publisher..In this material there was no gender effect of NGF-induced muscle hyperalgesia. The expansion of muscle hyperalgesia to distant areas indicates that central mechanisms are involved. ..
- Juul A, Sørensen K, Aksglaede L, Garn I, Rajpert De Meyts E, Hullstein I, et al. A common deletion in the uridine diphosphate glucuronyltransferase (UGT) 2B17 gene is a strong determinant of androgen excretion in healthy pubertal boys. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:1005-11 pubmed publisher..29 (0.30); 0.1-1.0 (range), P < 0.0001]. In pubertal boys, a common homozygous deletion in the UGT2B17 gene strongly affected urinary excretion pattern of androgen metabolites but did not influence circulating androgen levels. ..
- Høeg L, Sjøberg K, Jeppesen J, Jensen T, Frøsig C, Birk J, et al. Lipid-induced insulin resistance affects women less than men and is not accompanied by inflammation or impaired proximal insulin signaling. Diabetes. 2011;60:64-73 pubmed publisher..Rather, a higher leg lactate release and lower glucose oxidation with intralipid infusion may suggest a metabolic feedback regulation of glucose metabolism. ..
- Krüger T, Long M, Ghisari M, Bonefeld Jørgensen E. The combined effect of persistent organic pollutants in the serum POP mixture in Greenlandic Inuit: xenoestrogenic, xenoandrogenic and dioxin-like transactivities. Biomarkers. 2012;17:692-705 pubmed publisher..The POP-related receptor transactivities can be used as effect biomarkers. The serum POPs have hormone disruptive potentials. ..
- Shimada A, Cairns B, Vad N, Ulriksen K, Pedersen A, Svensson P, et al. Headache and mechanical sensitization of human pericranial muscles after repeated intake of monosodium glutamate (MSG). J Headache Pain. 2013;14:2 pubmed publisher..040). In conclusion, MSG induced mechanical sensitization in masseter muscle and adverse effects such as headache and short-lasting blood pressure elevation for which tolerance did not develop over 5 days of MSG intake. ..
- Lotte J, Bast T, Borusiak P, Coppola A, Cross J, Dimova P, et al. Effectiveness of antiepileptic therapy in patients with PCDH19 mutations. Seizure. 2016;35:106-10 pubmed publisher..However, assessing the effectiveness of the drugs is difficult because a possible age-dependent spontaneous seizure remission must be considered. ..
- John C, Soler Artigas M, Hui J, Nielsen S, Rafaels N, Pare P, et al. Genetic variants affecting cross-sectional lung function in adults show little or no effect on longitudinal lung function decline. Thorax. 2017;72:400-408 pubmed publisher..Although no genetic variants have yet been associated with lung function decline at stringent genome-wide significance, longitudinal change in lung function is heritable suggesting that there is scope for future discoveries. ..
- Sudan M, Arah O, Becker T, Levy Y, Sigsgaard T, Olsen J, et al. Re-examining the association between residential exposure to magnetic fields from power lines and childhood asthma in the Danish National Birth Cohort. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177651 pubmed publisher..This interpretation is in line with the lack of an established biological mechanism directly linking MF exposure to asthma, but high exposure was very rare in this cohort. ..
- Egeberg A, Skov L, Joshi A, Mallbris L, Gislason G, Wu J, et al. The relationship between duration of psoriasis, vascular inflammation, and cardiovascular events. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:650-656.e3 pubmed publisher..Providers should consider inquiring about duration of disease to counsel for heightened CVD risk in psoriasis. ..
- Bidstrup T, Damkier P, Olsen A, Ekblom M, Karlsson A, Brøsen K. The impact of CYP2C8 polymorphism and grapefruit juice on the pharmacokinetics of repaglinide. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2006;61:49-57 pubmed..Grapefruit juice increased the bioavailability of repaglinide, suggesting significant intestinal elimination of the drug which was assumed to be primarily mediated by CYP3A4 in the gut. ..