Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adolescent in Iran
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Khoshdel A, Kheiri S, Omidvari P, Moradi F, Hamidi M, Teimori H. Association between Interleukin-10-1082 G/A and Tumor Necrosis Factor-? 308 G/A Gene Polymorphisms and Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Iranian Preterm Infants. Mediators Inflamm. 2017;2017:6386453 pubmed publisher..IL-10-1082 A/A was not found in both groups. The incidence of the allele G in the IL-10-1082 polymorphism was lower in RDS group (P < 0.05). We found that the risk of RDS was correlated to sex, gestational age, and IL-10-1082. ..
- Malekahmadi M, Shahmohammadi A. Surgical outcome of coronary artery fistulas repair in children. Pediatr Cardiol. 2005;26:328-30 pubmed..Follow-up evaluation (range, 1-6 years; mean, 4.2 years) showed no evidence of recurrent or residual CAF. Surgical management of CAF is a safe and effective treatment resulting in 100% survival and clousure rate. ..
- Doosti A, Amini Bavil Olyaee S, Tajbakhsh E, Adeli A, Mahboudi F. Prevalence of viral hepatitis and molecular analysis of HBV among voluntary blood donors in west Iran. New Microbiol. 2009;32:193-8 pubmed..In conclusion, this study demonstrated notable viral hepatitis seroprevalence rate in blood donors in west of Iran. ..
- Moradi Lakeh M, Rasouli M, Vaccaro A, Saadat S, Zarei M, Rahimi Movaghar V. Burden of traumatic spine fractures in Tehran, Iran. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:789 pubmed publisher..89 DALY/100,000 population). This study showed a considerable burden for TSFs mainly due to associated injuries and increased lifelong RRM in patients with TSF. ..
- Goudarzi A, Mehrabi M, Goudarzi K. The effect of iron deficiency anemia on intelligence quotient (IQ) in under 17 years old students. Pak J Biol Sci. 2008;11:1398-400 pubmed..1 in iron deficiency students, while it was 113.7 +/- 13.9 in patients without iron deficiency. There was also no significant difference between normal and iron deficient students for intelligence quotient (p > 0.05). ..
- Farhadi K, Schwebel D, Saeb M, Choubsaz M, Mohammadi R, Ahmadi A. The effectiveness of wet-cupping for nonspecific low back pain in Iran: a randomized controlled trial. Complement Ther Med. 2009;17:9-15 pubmed publisher..Wet-cupping care was significantly more effective in reducing bodily pain than usual care at 3-month follow-up. ..
- Davoudi S, Soudbakhsh A, EmadiKouchak H, Nikbakht G, Modabbernia A. Meningoencephalitis associated with hepatitis A infection: a case report and review of literature. Trop Doct. 2010;40:176-7 pubmed publisher..Among these manifestations meningoencephalitis is very rare. We describe the clinical and laboratory features of a young boy with hepatitis A associated meningoencephalitis and compare it with other cases which had the same diagnoses. ..
- Ahrari M, Zangiabadi N, Asadi A, Sarafi Nejad A. Prevalence and distribution of peripheral nerve injuries in victims of Bam earthquake. Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. 2006;46:59-62 pubmed..Almost all of the buildings were destroyed and all the people became houseless. In this study, 156 patients with peripheral nerve lesion (PNL) were assessed for their injuries...
- Rafeey M, Kianrad M, Hasani A. Autoimmune hepatitis in Iranian children. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2007;26:11-3 pubmed..Our study describes the presentation and clinical course of Iranian children with AIH. Treatment with corticosteroids and/or azathioprine induces remission of autoimmune hepatitis clinically, biochemically as well as histologically. ..
- Shahbazian N, Hosseini Asl F. A comparison of spot urine protein-creatinine ratio with 24-hour urine protein excretion in women with preeclampsia. Iran J Kidney Dis. 2008;2:127-31 pubmed..We found that there is a significant correlation between the spot urine P/C ratio and 24-hour urine protein excretion in women with preeclampsia. Urine P/C ratio could be used for exclusion of preeclampsia. ..
- Zandi M, Amini P, Keshavarz A. Effectiveness of cold therapy in reducing pain, trismus, and oedema after impacted mandibular third molar surgery: a randomized, self-controlled, observer-blind, split-mouth clinical trial. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016;45:118-23 pubmed publisher..Cold therapy had no beneficial effects on postoperative sequelae after impacted mandibular third molar surgery. ..
- Bazarganipour F, Taghavi S, Allan H, Beheshti F, Khalili A, Miri F, et al. The effect of applying pressure to the LIV3 and LI4 on the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome: A randomized clinical trial. Complement Ther Med. 2017;31:65-70 pubmed publisher..05). Performing the simple acupressure protocol at LIV3 and LI4 is an effective method to decrease the severity of PMS symptoms, anxiety and depression, and to improve the QOL. Pressure at LIV3 and LI4 appears to be equally effective. ..
- Kumar P, Owji S, Talei A, Malekhusseini S. Extramedullary plasmacytoma. Fine needle aspiration findings. Acta Cytol. 1997;41:364-8 pubmed..The remaining 10 patients were alive and well at this writing. The smears from all 13 patients were diagnosed as extramedullary plasmacytomas by fine needle aspiration cytology. ..
- Yeganeh N, Roshani B, Yari M, Almasi A. Target-controlled infusion anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil compared with manually controlled infusion anesthesia in mastoidectomy surgeries. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2010;20:785-93 pubmed..In some stages of anesthesia, the TCI control of vital signs are beter than the MCI. Recovery profile and complication rate and surgeon's satisfactions are more acceptable in the TCI than in the MCI Group. ..
- Jabbari A, Besharat S, Abbasi A, Moradi A, Kalavi K. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever: case series from a medical center in Golestan province, Northeast of Iran (2004). Indian J Med Sci. 2006;60:327-9 pubmed..Conservative therapy (intensive monitoring) and prescription of antiviral medication (Ribavirin) accompanied with corticosteroids, was useful at the early stage of CCHF. ..
- Assarehzadegan M, Shakerinejad G, Amini A, Rezaee S. Seroprevalence of hepatitis E virus in blood donors in Khuzestan Province, southwest Iran. Int J Infect Dis. 2008;12:387-90 pubmed..7% (8/140) of females; this difference is statistically significant (risk ratio=2.6, p<0.008). These findings demonstrate the high prevalence rate of anti-HEV among blood donors, particularly males. ..
- Bonab M, Alimoghaddam K, Talebian F, Ghaffari S, Ghavamzadeh A, Nikbin B. Aging of mesenchymal stem cell in vitro. BMC Cell Biol. 2006;7:14 pubmed..Simultaneously these cells are losing their stem cell characteristics. Therefore, it is much better to consider them for cell and gene therapy early on. ..
- Shobeiri F, Nazari M. A prospective study of genital infections in Hamedan, Iran. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2006;37 Suppl 3:174-7 pubmed..To achieve STD control in this and similar populations, public health programs must target asymptomatic infections. ..
- Aghaei S. An uncontrolled, open label study of sulfasalazine in severe alopecia areata. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008;74:611-3 pubmed..8%) patients. Sulfasalazine could be considered as a therapeutic alternative in the treatment of AA, because of its safety profile, cosmetically acceptable efficacy, and good tolerability. ..
- Moghadami M, Honarvar B, Sabaeian B, Zamiri N, Pourshahid O, Rismanchi M, et al. H1N1 influenza infection complicated with diabetic ketoacidosis. Arch Iran Med. 2012;15:55-8 pubmed publisher..Conclusively, rapid diagnosis of influenza by RT-PCR and early treatment with oseltamivir should be considered in diabetics and/or DKA patients with flu-like symptoms. ..
- Farhadian N, Miresmaeili A, Eslami B, Mehrabi S. Effect of fluoride varnish on enamel demineralization around brackets: an in-vivo study. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2008;133:S95-8 pubmed publisher..There was significant reduction (approximately 40%) in depth of demineralization in the test group (P <.001). Fluoride varnish can be beneficial as a preventive adjunct in reducing demineralization adjacent to brackets. ..
- Mosharraf R, Ebadian B, Ali Z, Najme A, Niloofar S, Leila K. Occlusal morphology of mandibular second molars in Iranian adolescents. Indian J Dent Res. 2010;21:16-9 pubmed publisher..1%) were five-cusp form and 7 cases (0.9%) were six-cusp form. The most frequent occlusal configuration was the "+4" form; thus, there is a high evolutionary trend in Iranian mandibular second molars. ..
- Harandi M, Moazezi S, Saba M, Grimm F, Kamyabi H, Sheikhzadeh F, et al. Sonographical and serological survey of human cystic echinococcosis and analysis of risk factors associated with seroconversion in rural communities of Kerman, Iran. Zoonoses Public Health. 2011;58:582-8 pubmed publisher..47; 95% CI = 0.26-0.84). The serological study showed that many people, especially women, had been exposed to Echinococcus eggs and had seroconverted but were not infected...
- Imani F, Jafarian A, Hassani V, Khan Z. Propofol-alfentanil vs propofol-remifentanil for posterior spinal fusion including wake-up test. Br J Anaesth. 2006;96:583-6 pubmed..1 (4) and 7.5 (4.5) min]. Quality of wake-up test, however, did not show significant difference between the two groups studied. Wake-up test can be conducted faster with remifentanil compared with alfentanil infusion during PSF surgery. ..
- Baghestani S, Banihashemi S. Ectopic cilia in a 14-year-old boy. Pediatr Dermatol. 2011;28:55-6 pubmed publisher..Positive history of the same anomaly in his paternal grandfather demonstrates evidence of an inherited genetic disorder. ..
- Jahdi F, Sheikhan F, Haghani H, Sharifi B, Ghaseminejad A, Khodarahmian M, et al. Yoga during pregnancy: The effects on labor pain and delivery outcomes (A randomized controlled trial). Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2017;27:1-4 pubmed publisher..Interval level data was analyzed by using an independent t-test and chi-square. Yoga during pregnancy may contribute to a reduction pain of labor and improved adequacy of childbirth. ..
- Radmanesh M, Mostaghimi M, Yousefi I, Mousavi Z, Rasai S, Esmaili H, et al. Leukotrichia developed following application of intense pulsed light for hair removal. Dermatol Surg. 2002;28:572-4; discussion 574 pubmed..The light absorbed and the heat produced by melanin may be sufficient enough to destroy or impair the function of melanocytes but insufficient to damage the hair follicle cells. ..
- Lashay A, Rahimi A, Chams H, Davatchi F, Shahram F, Hatmi Z, et al. Evaluation of the effect of acetazolamide on cystoid macular oedema in patients with Behcet's disease. Eye (Lond). 2003;17:762-6 pubmed..i.d.) has no statistically significant effect on the improvement of the visual acuity and the fluorescein angiographic findings in Behcet's patients with CMO. ..
- Ahmadpoor P, Ilkhanizadeh B, Sharifzadeh P, Makhdoomi K, Ghafari A, Nahali A, et al. Seroprevalence of human herpes virus-8 in renal transplant recipients: a single center study from Iran. Transplant Proc. 2007;39:1000-2 pubmed..Seropositive and seronegative patients were followed for 16 months. One HHV-8 seropositive patient (1/25) developed Kaposi's sarcoma. ..
- Togha M, Ashrafian H, Tajik P. Open-label trial of cinnarizine in migraine prophylaxis. Headache. 2006;46:498-502 pubmed..001) was also noted. No serious adverse events were observed in this series of patient. Cinnarizine is an efficacious and well-tolerated prophylactic antimigraine medication, which has early onset effectiveness. ..
- Saadat S, Ghodsi S, Naieni K, Firouznia K, Hosseini M, Kadkhodaie H, et al. Prediction of intracranial computed tomography findings in patients with minor head injury by using logistic regression. J Neurosurg. 2009;111:688-94 pubmed publisher..The decision rule developed by the authors appears to be 100% sensitive and 46% specific for positive findings on brain CT and will, in developing countries, help clarify the decision to obtain scans. ..
- Ebrahimzadeh M, Ahmadzadeh Chabock H, Ebrahimzadeh A. Osteoid osteoma: a diagnosis for radicular pain of extremities. Orthopedics. 2009;32:821 pubmed publisher..Osteoid osteoma should always be considered in young patients with radicular pain, even with subtle neurological signs and symptoms. ..
- Aghaei S. Topical immunotherapy of severe alopecia areata with diphenylcyclopropenone (DPCP): experience in an Iranian population. BMC Dermatol. 2005;5:6 pubmed..Topical DPCP treatment for alopecia areata is an effective therapy with a slightly high relapse rate during bilateral maintenance treatment. According to the author's knowledge this is the first experience with DPCP in Iran. ..
- Mohammadi M, Mohammad K, Farahani F, Alikhani S, Zare M, Tehrani F, et al. Reproductive knowledge, attitudes and behavior among adolescent males in Tehran, Iran. Int Fam Plan Perspect. 2006;32:35-44 pubmed..Programs are needed to provide adolescents with the information and skills to make safe sexual decisions. ..
- Ansari M. Salivary gland tumors in an Iranian population: a retrospective study of 130 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007;65:2187-94 pubmed..In other salivary gland tumors, however, diversity was obvious and showed significant difference, requiring further studies. ..
- Rashidi T, Mahd A. Treatment of persistent alopecia areata with sulfasalazine. Int J Dermatol. 2008;47:850-2 pubmed publisher..A good response occurred in 10 of the 39 patients (25.6%), a moderate response in 12 (30.7%), and a poor or no response in 17 (43.5%). Sulfasalazine can be used as an alternative drug in patients with persistent alopecia areata. ..
- Emami M, Yazdi M, Nilforoushzadeh M. Emergence of cutaneous leishmaniasis due to Leishmania major in a new focus of central Iran. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009;103:1257-62 pubmed publisher..Rapid treatment of patients, destroying gerbils, and promotion of general and health education for the local population is recommended. ..
- Hajimiri E, Masoomi M, Ebrahimzadeh N, Fateh A, Hadizadeh Tasbiti A, Rahimi Jamnani F, et al. High prevalence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis mixed infection in the capital of moderate tuberculosis incidence country. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:213-8 pubmed publisher..Mixed infections occur at high prevalence among studied Iranian TB patients. Further research is inevitable to evaluate the association of mixed infection and disease progression and treatment. ..
- Mozafari N, Moosavizadeh S, Rasti M. The distally based neurocutaneous sural flap: a good choice for reconstruction of soft tissue defects of lower leg, foot and ankle due to fourth degree burn injury. Burns. 2008;34:406-11 pubmed..Because of few drawbacks of this flap and high success rate and relative simple operative technique, we recommend sural flap as a prime option for repair of fourth degree burn, at distal leg, foot and ankle. ..
- Razavi M, Eslampoor A, Noorollahian M, O Donnell A, Beigi B. Non-endoscopic endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy--technique, indications, and results. Orbit. 2009;28:1-6 pubmed publisher..No significant late complications were detected. The success rate of NEN-DCR compares favorably with external DCR. The technique is also useful in cases of NLDO-DC and DCR-REV. ..
- Gharavi M, Jalali S, Khademvatan S, Heydari S. Detection of IgM and IgG anti-Toxoplasma antibodies in renal transplant recipients using ELFA, ELISA and ISAGA methods: comparison of pre- and post-transplantation status. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2011;105:367-71 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, as the risk of re-active toxoplasmosis infection exists in developing nations, they should consider the necessary preventive measures to control this condition. ..
- Mahakizadeh S, Ghoroghi F, Moshkdanian G, Mokhtari T, Hassanzadeh G. The determination of correlation between stature and upper limb and hand measurements in Iranian adults. Forensic Sci Int. 2016;260:27-30 pubmed publisher..0001. In conclusion, we found a strong correlation between stature and upper limb and hand length. The regression analysis also showed that the Upper Limb Length give better prediction of stature compared to Hand length measurements. ..
- Noorbala M. Skin lesions in carpet hand-weavers. Dermatol Online J. 2008;14:5 pubmed..The repetitive trauma to hands in this occupation produces typical nodules and plaques. The skin lesions from 150 carpet weavers are reported. The characteristic carpet nodule is clinically and histologically described. ..
- Poudat A, Nasirian H. Prevalence of pediculosis and scabies in the prisoners of Bandar Abbas, Hormozgan province, Iran. Pak J Biol Sci. 2007;10:3967-9 pubmed..The affirmative Sarcoptes scabiei cases in the different units indicated that the general units had the most morbidity percentage because there were many prisoners with different cultural backgrounds (26.3%). ..
- Sepahi M, Heidari A, Shajari A. Clinical manifestations and etiology of renal stones in children less than 14 years age. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010;21:181-4 pubmed..Family history of urolithiasis was found in 23% of patients and 54% presented with urinary tract infection (UTI). We conclude that majority of patients were symptomatic and hypocitraturia was the commenest risk factor among others...
- Jafarnezhadgero A, Shad M, Majlesi M, Granacher U. A comparison of running kinetics in children with and without genu varus: A cross sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185057 pubmed publisher..Therefore, practitioners and therapists are advised to conduct balance and strength training programs to improve lower limb alignment and mediolateral control during dynamic movements. ..
- Kumar P. Fine needle aspiration cytologic findings in malignant small cell tumor of the thoracopulmonary region (Askin tumor). Acta Cytol. 1994;38:702-6 pubmed..They were positively stained by periodic acid-Schiff stain. The histologic sections confirmed the cytologic diagnosis of Askin tumor. Four of the patients died within 7-11 months after treatment began...
- Yaghoobi Ershadi M, Hanafi Bojd A, Javadian E, Jafari R, Zahraei Ramazani A, Mohebali M. A new focus of cutaneous leishmaniasis caused by Leishmania tropica. Saudi Med J. 2002;23:291-4 pubmed..To determine the epidemiological status of the cutaneous leishmaniasis outbreak, isolation and identification of the parasite and preparation of a control program in a recently identified focus located in the Province of Yazd, Central Iran...
- Mohammadianpanah M, Omidvari S, Mosalaei A, Ahmadloo N. Cisplatin-induced hypokalemic paralysis. Clin Ther. 2004;26:1320-3 pubmed..Regular serum electrolyte measurement, the early detection of cation deficiency, and appropriate replacement of cations are all recommended. ..
- Vakili R, Baradaran Heravi A, Barid Fatehi B, Gholamin M, Ghaemi N, Abbaszadegan M. Molecular analysis of the CYP21 gene and prenatal diagnosis in families with 21-hydroxylase deficiency in northeastern Iran. Horm Res. 2005;63:119-24 pubmed..Increased 17-hydroxyprogesterone, found in neonatal CAH screening, can be confirmed by these mutation analyses. ..
- Tabassi A, Salmasi A, Jalali M. Serum and CSF vitamin A concentrations in idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Neurology. 2005;64:1893-6 pubmed..82) and control subjects (r = 0.66). Elevated CSF retinol concentration is associated with idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH), but serum retinol level is not associated with IIH. ..
- Kalantar E, Mosaei M, Ekrami A, Pedram M. Isolation and antimicrobial susceptibility of bacteria from external ear canal of cancer patients at Shafa Cancer Hospital-Ahwaz. J Cancer Res Ther. 2006;2:17-9 pubmed..S. aureus of both the groups (hospitalized & non hospitalized) were resistant to Penicillin G. Similarly, both the groups were 55% and 50% resistance to Vancomycin...
- Nahid K, Fariborz M, Ataolah G, Solokian S. The effect of an Iranian herbal drug on primary dysmenorrhea: a clinical controlled trial. J Midwifery Womens Health. 2009;54:401-404 pubmed publisher..Both drugs effectively relieved menstrual pain as compared with the placebo. More clinical trials are needed to establish the efficacy of this herbal drug...
- Abedi M, Vostanis P. Evaluation of quality of life therapy for parents of children with obsessive-compulsive disorders in Iran. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010;19:605-13 pubmed publisher..This can be particularly applicable in countries and settings with limited resources and high stigma of child mental health problems. ..
- Yekta A, Fotouhi A, Hashemi H, Dehghani C, Ostadimoghaddam H, Heravian J, et al. Prevalence of refractive errors among schoolchildren in Shiraz, Iran. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2010;38:242-8 pubmed publisher..To determine the prevalence of refractive errors in Shiraz schoolchildren by age and gender...
- Etemad Moghadam S, Tirgary F, Keshavarz S, Alaeddini M. Head and neck non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a 20-year demographic study of 381 cases. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;39:869-72 pubmed publisher..Considering the relative frequency of head and neck lymphoma, establishment of a uniform reporting method seems necessary in order to compare different reports from various populations. ..
- Ramazanzadeh B, Ahrari F, Sabzevari B, Zebarjad S, Ahrari A. Effects of a simulated oral environment and sterilization on load-deflection properties of superelastic nickel titanium-based orthodontic wires. Int J Orthod Milwaukee. 2011;22:13-21 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate the load-deflection characteristics of three types of nickel-titanium wires and investigate the effects of recycling on superelastic properties of them...
- Abdolahian S, Ghavi F, Abdollahifard S, Sheikhan F. Effect of dance labor on the management of active phase labor pain & clients' satisfaction: a randomized controlled trial study. Glob J Health Sci. 2014;6:219-26 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of dance labor- which is a combination of these techniques- has not been evaluated...
- Reisi M, Azizi G, Kiaee F, Masiha F, Shirzadi R, Momen T, et al. Evaluation of pulmonary complications in patients with primary immunodeficiency disorders. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;49:122-128 pubmed..9%) of XLA, 6 (11.8%) of HIES, 3 (21.4%) of HIgM and 38 (62.3%) of CVID patients. Conclusion. Pulmonary complications should be considered in cases with PIDs especially in CVID cases. ..
- Makaremi A. Histrionic disorder among Iranian high school and college students. Psychol Rep. 1990;66:835-8 pubmed..It was concluded that more histrionic personality disorders were reported among British college students than among their Iranian peers. ..
- Sadjjadi S, Khosravi M, Mehrabani D, Orya A. Seroprevalence of toxocara infection in school children in Shiraz, southern Iran. J Trop Pediatr. 2000;46:327-30 pubmed publisher..Neither age or sex was found to be significantly associated with positive serology...
- Alebouyeh M, Moussavi F, Haddad Deylami H, Vossough P. Hydroxyurea in the treatment of major beta-thalassemia and importance of genetic screening. Ann Hematol. 2004;83:430-3 pubmed..Xmn1 and IVSII-1 (homo- and/or heterozygosis) are relevant markers in most responding patients. Molecular determination of genetic markers in early childhood will help to identify candidates for pharmacological HbF switching by HU. ..
- Vahdatpour B, Raissi G, Hollisaz M. Study of the ulnar nerve compromise at the wrist of patients with carpal tunnel syndrome. Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. 2007;47:183-6 pubmed..It seems that the previously mentioned incidence is much higher than what we observe in our electrodiagnosis studies...
- Zargar M, Khaji A, Karbakhsh Davari M. Thoracic injury: a review of 276 cases. Chin J Traumatol. 2007;10:259-62 pubmed..This paper aimed to explore the spectrum and outcome of thoracic injuries seen in a multi centric study of trauma patients...
- Farahani R, Zonuz A. Triad of bilateral duplicated permanent teeth, persistent open apex, and tooth malformation: a case report. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2007;8:94-100 pubmed..The anatomical, geometrical, and spatial relationships of supernumerary teeth with their erupted equivalents may shed light on some controversial aspects of the etiology. ..
- Chadeganipour M, Nilipour S, Ahmadi G. Study of onychomycosis in Isfahan, Iran. Mycoses. 2010;53:153-7 pubmed publisher..The growing trend towards the frequency of fingernail onychomycosis in housewives was noticeable in the last decade in Iran...
- Kashefi F, Ziyadlou S, Khajehei M, Ashraf A, Fadaee A, Jafari P. Effect of acupressure at the Sanyinjiao point on primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized controlled trial. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2010;16:198-202 pubmed publisher..We conducted this study to assess the effect of acupressure at the Sanyinjiao point on primary dysmenorrhea...
- Lotfi M, Afsharnezhad S, Raziee H, Ghaffarzadegan K, Sharif S, Shamsara J, et al. Immunohistochemical assessment of MGMT expression and p53 mutation in glioblastoma multiforme. Tumori. 2011;97:104-8 pubmed..In order to assess the expression of the protein products of these two genes, 50 GBM samples were analyzed in this study...
- Shafiee S, Nejat F, Raouf S, Mehdizadeh M, El Khashab M. Coiling and migration of peritoneal catheter into the breast: a very rare complication of ventriculoperitoneal shunt. Childs Nerv Syst. 2011;27:1499-501 pubmed publisher..Plain radiography was not diagnostic because of severe levoscoliosis, but chest computed tomography scan was confirmatory of shunt coiling lateral to the breast. The possible mechanisms causing this uncommon complication are described. ..
- Zarrabi M, Javidi M, Jafarian A, Joushan B. Immunohistochemical expression of fibronectin and tenascin in human tooth pulp capped with mineral trioxide aggregate and a novel endodontic cement. J Endod. 2011;37:1613-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the role of FN and TN as 2 major components of the matrix of a reparative dentinal bridge was observed. ..
- Mirzatolooei F, Pisoodeh K. Impact of exploration of sensory branches of saphenous nerve in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructive surgery. Arch Iran Med. 2012;15:219-22 pubmed publisher..This study evaluates the impact of exploration and salvage of superficial branches of the saphenous nerve on the incidence of post-operative sensory loss...
- Soltaninejad K, Nelson L, Bahreini S, Shadnia S. Fatal aluminum phosphide poisoning in Tehran-Iran from 2007 to 2010. Indian J Med Sci. 2012;66:66-70 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate the trend of acute fatal AlP poisoning subsequent to this restriction...
- Ahmadieh H, Entezari M, Soheilian M, Azarmina M, Dehghan M, Mashayekhi A, et al. Factors influencing anatomic and visual results in primary scleral buckling. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2000;10:153-9 pubmed..To identify the factors influencing anatomical and visual results in cases of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment undergoing primary scleral buckling...
- Ansari M. Maxillofacial fractures in Hamedan province, Iran: a retrospective study (1987-2001). J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2004;32:28-34 pubmed..This study presents the various types, causes and incidence, along with their clinical management and associated complications of maxillofacial fractures at an emergency hospital in Hamedan, Iran...
- Ziaee V, Razaei M, Ahmadinejad Z, Shaikh H, Yousefi R, Yarmohammadi L, et al. The changes of metabolic profile and weight during Ramadan fasting. Singapore Med J. 2006;47:409-14 pubmed..It seems that the effect of Ramadan fasting on serum lipid levels may be closely related to the nutritional diet or biochemical response to starvation. ..
- Gholamreza R, Shahryar S, Abbasali K, Hamidreza J, Abdolvahab M, Khodaberdi K, et al. Seroprevalence of hepatitis B virus and its co-infection with hepatitis D virus and hepatitis C virus in Iranian adult population. Indian J Med Sci. 2007;61:263-8 pubmed..Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection is one of the most prevalent public health problems worldwide (especially in developing countries)...
- Kordi R, Akbarnejad A, Wallace W. Catastrophic injuries in the Olympic styles of wrestling in Iran. Br J Sports Med. 2010;44:168-74 pubmed publisher..Catastrophic wrestling injuries are rare and preventable. Coaches have an essential role in the prevention of these injuries. ..
- Aghaei S, Moradi A, Ardekani G. Impact of psoriasis on quality of life in Iran. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2009;75:220 pubmed..Data provided may improve the physicians' awareness of the importance of the patients' QOL. ..
- Ahmadpoor P, Reisi S, Makhdoomi K, Ghafari A, Sepehrvand N, Rahimi E. Osteoporosis and related risk factors in renal transplant recipients. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:2820-2 pubmed publisher..05). A hip z score of less than 1 was related to the posttransplantation period (P = .02). In conclusion, osteoporosis is a frequent complication that requires detection and treatment to reduce morbidity...
- Yazdani N, Basam A, Heidarali M, Sharif Kashani S, Hasibi M, Mokhtari Z. Infratemporal hydatid cyst: a case presenting with blindness. J Laryngol Otol. 2010;124:456-9 pubmed publisher..Immediate surgery is recommended, both to prevent the development of disease and to improve the prognosis. ..
- Ameri A, Jafari A, Anvari F, Ahadzadeghan I, Rajabi M. A new modfied anchored suspension-recession (so-called "hang-back" technique for high risk strabismus surgery. Binocul Vis Strabismus Q. 2010;25:21-30 pubmed..To intruduce a new method for rectus muscle recession in order to minimize the riSk of a lost or slipped muscle and scleral perforation and compare it with the conventional method...
- Kashef N, Djavid G, Shahbazi S. Antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of community-acquired uropathogens in Tehran, Iran. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2010;4:202-6 pubmed..1%); however, only 38.2% of E. coli isolates were susceptible to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole. Nitrofurantoin may be considered as a first-line empiric antibacterial agent for urinary tract infections in outpatients in Tehran, Iran. ..
- Jafari Z, Malayeri S, Ashayeri H, Farahani M. Adults with auditory neuropathy: comparison of auditory steady-state response and pure-tone audiometry. J Am Acad Audiol. 2009;20:621-8 pubmed..The relation between the auditory steady-state response (ASSR) and behavioral audiometric thresholds requires further clarification in the case of adults with auditory neuropathy/auditory dys-synchrony (AN/AD)...
- Litkouhi S. Iranian study highlights youngsters' preferences. Health Estate. 2010;64:64-6 pubmed
- Mohamadi A, Khodabakhsh M. Retained wooden foreign body in lung parenchyma: a case report. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2010;16:480-2 pubmed..We conclude that foreign body should be considered in the differential diagnosis of unusual lung opacity, and it must be resected on an urgent basis due to the risk of recurrent infection. ..
- Mirzatolooei F. Comparison between operative and nonoperative treatment methods in the management of comminuted fractures of the clavicle. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2011;45:34-40 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the outcome and satisfaction of closed treatment versus open reduction and internal fixation in comminuted clavicular fractures...
- Bodaghabadi M, Bitaraf M, Aran S, Alikhani M, Ashrafian H, Zahiri A, et al. Corpus callosotomy with gamma knife radiosurgery for a case of intractable generalised epilepsy. Epileptic Disord. 2011;13:202-8 pubmed publisher..Our result demonstrates that this novel therapeutic approach is a safe and effective option for the treatment of intractable generalised epilepsies. ..
- Heshmat R, Qorbani M, Safiri S, Eslami Shahr Babaki A, Matin N, Motamed Gorji N, et al. Association of passive and active smoking with self-rated health and life satisfaction in Iranian children and adolescents: the CASPIAN IV study. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e012694 pubmed publisher..To assess the joint association of passive and active smoking with self-rated health and life satisfaction among Iranian children and adolescents...
- Haghighatdoost F, Kelishadi R, Qorbani M, Heshmat R, Motlagh M, Ardalan G, et al. Family Dinner Frequency is Inversely Related to Mental Disorders and Obesity in Adolescents: the CASPIAN-III Study. Arch Iran Med. 2017;20:218-223 pubmed publisher..Such simple recommendations for consuming family dinner for families may be feasible, sustainable, and effective for health promotion and disease prevention. ..
- Tappeh K, Musavi J, Safa M, Galavani H, Alizadeh H. Prevalence of IgG and IgM anti-Toxoplasma gondii Antibodies in Blood Donors at Urmia Blood Transfusion Organization, Iran. Turkiye Parazitol Derg. 2017;41:1-4 pubmed publisher..Fortunately, all samples were IgM-negative. However, a province-wide seroepidemiological study is required for the Blood Transfusion Organization to consider including screening for anti-T. gondii antibodies in its screening programs. ..