Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adipocytes in Taiwan
- Huang Y, Chang W, Huang S, Lin C, Lin H, Chang T. Pachymic acid stimulates glucose uptake through enhanced GLUT4 expression and translocation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;648:39-49 pubmed publisher..Our study provides important insights into the underlying mechanism of hypoglycemic activity of P. cocos. ..
- Huang S, Hsu C, Chang S, Wang C, Deng S, Dai N, et al. Adipose-derived stem cells seeded on acellular dermal matrix grafts enhance wound healing in a murine model of a full-thickness defect. Ann Plast Surg. 2012;69:656-62 pubmed publisher..This model could be used to improve the other clinical applications of ASCs and to decipher the detailed mechanism by which ASCs interact with wound tissue. ..
- Wang F, Ko J, Yeh D, Ke H, Wu H. Modulation of Dickkopf-1 attenuates glucocorticoid induction of osteoblast apoptosis, adipocytic differentiation, and bone mass loss. Endocrinology. 2008;149:1793-801 pubmed publisher..Interference with the osteogenesis-inhibitory action of DKK1 has therapeutic potential for preventing glucocorticoid induction of osteopenia. ..
- Juan C, Lien C, Chang C, Huang Y, Ho L. Involvement of iNOS and NO in TNF-alpha-downregulated resistin gene expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:1219-25 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that TNF-alpha suppresses resistin expression by inducing iNOS expression, thus causing overproduction of NO, which downregulates resistin gene expression. ..
- Liu B, Wang Y, Wu S, Mersmann H, Cheng W, Ding S. Insulin regulates the expression of adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in porcine adipocytes. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2008;34:352-9 pubmed..Therefore, these data suggest that a PPARgamma agonist increases expression of AdipoR2 and that insulin inhibits the expression of AdipoR2 through the PI3K pathway. ..
- Li W, Wei Y, Li H, Lai D, Lin T. Isolation and characterization of a novel strain of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse umbilical cord: potential application in cell-based therapy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74478 pubmed publisher..Allografts of these newly established mUC-MSCs into various mouse disease models may deepen our insights into the development of more effective cell therapy regimens. ..
- Juan C, Chien Y, Wu L, Yang W, Chang C, Lai Y, et al. Angiotensin II enhances insulin sensitivity in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2246-54 pubmed..In conclusion, we have shown that AII enhances insulin sensitivity both in vitro and in vivo, suggesting that dysregulation of the insulin-sensitizing effect of AII may be involved in the development of insulin resistance. ..
- Lu I, Huang C, Peng Y, Lin Y, Hsieh H, Chen C, et al. Structure-based drug design of a novel family of PPARgamma partial agonists: virtual screening, X-ray crystallography, and in vitro/in vivo biological activities. J Med Chem. 2006;49:2703-12 pubmed..e., PPARalpha and PPARdelta, and steric hindrance upon the ligand binding. ..
- Jou P, Ho B, Hsu Y, Pan T. The effect of Monascus secondary polyketide metabolites, monascin and ankaflavin, on adipogenesis and lipolysis activity in 3T3-L1. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:12703-9 pubmed publisher..This study reveals for the first time that Monascus secondary metabolites, MS and AK, can prevent the differentiation of preadipocyte and stimulate basal lipolysis of mature adipocytes, avoiding the accumulation of lipid...
- Lin R, Yen C, Chou T, Chiang F, Wang G, Tseng Y, et al. Antioxidant, anti-adipocyte differentiation, antitumor activity and anthelmintic activities against Anisakis simplex and Hymenolepis nana of yakuchinone A from Alpinia oxyphylla. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:237 pubmed publisher..Alpinia oxyphylla is a common remedy in traditional Chinese medicine. Yakuchinone A is a major constituent of A. oxyphylla and exhibits anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antibacterial, and gastric protective activities...
- Juan C, Chang C, Chuang T, Huang S, Kwok C, Ho L. Insulin sensitivity and resistin expression in nitric oxide-deficient rats. Diabetologia. 2006;49:3017-26 pubmed..These findings suggest that NO plays a regulatory role in metabolism. Dysregulation of NO production may result in the development of metabolic disorders. ..
- Chen W, Ho B, Lee C, Lee C, Pan T. Red mold rice prevents the development of obesity, dyslipidemia and hyperinsulinemia induced by high-fat diet. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008;32:1694-704 pubmed publisher..To investigate the influences of red mold rice (RMR) on obesity and related metabolic abnormalities...
- Seow K, Juan C, Ho L, Hsu Y, Lin Y, Huang L, et al. Adipocyte resistin mRNA levels are down-regulated by laparoscopic ovarian electrocautery in both obese and lean women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:1100-6 pubmed..Local resistin activity may be actively involved in the pathogenesis of PCOS. LOE reduces insulin resistance and down-regulates resistin mRNA expression in lean and obese women with PCOS. ..
- Yeh H, Liu B, Hsu S. The calcium-dependent regulation of spheroid formation and cardiomyogenic differentiation for MSCs on chitosan membranes. Biomaterials. 2012;33:8943-54 pubmed publisher..Spheroids formed on the acetylated chitosan or polyvinyl alcohol membranes failed to show such behavior. The properties of MSC spheroids were therefore determined by the culture substrate. ..
- Lee Y, Huang H, Chang C, Cheng C, Chen Y. Mitochondrial GLUT10 facilitates dehydroascorbic acid import and protects cells against oxidative stress: mechanistic insight into arterial tortuosity syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3721-33 pubmed publisher..These results also reinforce the importance of vitamin C and ROS in degenerative diseases. ..
- Chen Y, Wei J, Wang J, Lee H, Chiang E, Lai H, et al. Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from human ligamentum flavum: implicating etiology of ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:E1193-200 pubmed publisher..To demonstrate the existence of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in ligamentum flavum (LF) and their pathogenic role in LF hypertrophy...
- Lee S, Chiang P, Tsai Y, Tsai S, Jeng J, Kawata T, et al. Effects of cryopreservation of intact teeth on the isolated dental pulp stem cells. J Endod. 2010;36:1336-40 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that cryopreserved whole teeth can be used for autotransplantation and provide a viable source of DPSCs. ..
- Tseng Y, Wang P, Lee H, Liu B, Mersmann H, Lin E, et al. Regulation of the expression of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 by polyunsaturated fatty acids in porcine adipocytes. J Anim Sci. 2010;88:3563-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we obtained the full-length porcine ACE2 cDNA sequence and found PUFA could downregulate the expression of ACE2 through its metabolites without changing the expression of their receptor in porcine adipocytes...
- Tai C, Chen C, Lee H, Wang Y, Li T, Mersamm H, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid enhances hepatic serum amyloid A expression via protein kinase A-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32239-47 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the complicated regulatory network in DHA-mediated lipid metabolism and are useful in developing new approaches to reduce body fat deposition and fatty liver. ..
- Lin N, Lin C, Chen Y, Chang C. Regulation of tristetraprolin during differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. FEBS J. 2007;274:867-78 pubmed..Thus, our results indicated that the tight autoregulation of tristetraprolin expression correlated with its critical functional role in 3T3-L1 differentiation. ..
- Chang Y, Yu Y, Shew J, Lee W, Hwang J, Chen Y, et al. Deficiency of NPGPx, an oxidative stress sensor, leads to obesity in mice and human. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:1165-79 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NPGPx protects against fat accumulation in mice and human via modulating ROS, and highlight the importance of targeting redox homeostasis in obesity management. ..
- Yu Y, Chang Y, Su T, Nong J, Li C, Chuang L. Prostaglandin reductase-3 negatively modulates adipogenesis through regulation of PPAR? activity. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2391-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of PTGR-3 might provide a novel avenue for treating obesity and related metabolic disorders. ..
- Yu Y, Wu S, Cheng W, Mersmann H, Ding S. Ectopic expression of porcine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta regulates adipogenesis in mouse myoblasts. J Anim Sci. 2008;86:64-72 pubmed..However, the complexity and interaction of PPARdelta and PPARgamma in adipogenesis are not clearly understood. ..
- Tsai S, Chang E, Chang Y, Hee S, Tsai Y, Chang T, et al. Knockdown of RyR3 enhances adiponectin expression through an atf3-dependent pathway. Endocrinology. 2013;154:1117-29 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RyR3 may be a new therapeutic target for improving INS sensitivity and related metabolic disorders. ..
- Huang Y, Lin C, Huang S, Lin H, Chang W, Chang T. Effect and mechanism of ginsenosides CK and Rg1 on stimulation of glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:6039-47 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study demonstrated insulin-like activities of CK and Rg1 in adipocytes. These findings are important in understanding the hypoglycemic properties and potential applications of ginseng and ginsenosides. ..
- Chiang M, Chen C, Lee M, Chen H, Chen H, Wu Y, et al. Modulation of energy deficiency in Huntington's disease via activation of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:4043-58 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that the systematic downregulation of PPAR? seems to play a critical role in the dysregulation of energy homeostasis observed in HD, and that PPAR? is a potential therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Yang M, Lee Y, Huang T, Lu F. Humic acid extracted from Blackfoot disease-endemic well water induces adipocyte differentiation of C3H10T1/2 fibroblast cells: a possible mechanism leading to atherosclerotic-like plaque in Blackfoot disease. Arch Toxicol. 2002;76:48-54 pubmed..These results suggest that a large lipid accumulation of arterial blood vessels in BFD patients may be linked in part to the adipocyte differentiation of vascular fibroblasts induced by BFD-HA. ..
- Tzen C, Huang Y, Wang M. Cloning of genes expressed in cell quiescence: a new function of the ras-recision/lysyl oxidase gene. Chin J Physiol. 2007;50:57-62 pubmed
- Chou W, Chuang L, Chou C, Wang A, Lawson J, Fitzgerald G, et al. Identification of a novel prostaglandin reductase reveals the involvement of prostaglandin E2 catabolism in regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18162-72 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel link between catabolism of PGE2 and regulation of ligand-induced PPARgamma activation. ..
- Juan C, Chang L, Huang S, Chang C, Lee C, Chien Y, et al. Effect of endothelin-1 on lipolysis in rat adipocytes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14:398-404 pubmed..The underlying mechanism is cAMP-independent. However, this non-conventional lipolytic effect of ET-1 is inhibited by the anti-lipolytic effect of insulin. ..
- Hsieh T, Lin T, Hsieh P, Liao M, Shin S. Suppression of Glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase-1 inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:108-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that GFAT-1 plays a critical role in modulating adipogenesis via the regulation of protein O-GlcNAcylation in adipocytes. ..
- Kao Y, Fong J. Endothelin-1 induction of Glut1 transcription in 3T3-L1 adipocytes involves distinct PKCepsilon- and p42/p44 MAPK-dependent pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:154-9 pubmed..In summary, the results of this study indicate that ET-1 induction of Glut1 transcription involves distinct PKCepsilon- and MAPK-dependent pathways, as well as downstream transcription factors CREB, Sp1 and NF-kappaB. ..
- Yang L, Chen T, Yu S, Chen Y. Olanzapine induces SREBP-1-related adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Pharmacol Res. 2007;56:202-8 pubmed..Taken together, olanzapine may cause body weight gain not only through influencing CNS receptors, but also affecting the peripheral adipogenesis regulated by SREBP-1. ..
- Huang S, Seow K, Ho L, Chien Y, Chung D, Chang C, et al. Resistin mRNA levels are downregulated by estrogen in vivo and in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:449-54 pubmed..Results of Western blotting analysis also showed that estrogen decreased adipose resistin contents in vivo and in vitro. These data suggest that estrogen is a pivotal negative regulator of resistin gene expression. ..
- Seow K, Juan C, Wu L, Hsu Y, Yang W, Tsai Y, et al. Serum and adipocyte resistin in polycystic ovary syndrome with insulin resistance. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:48-53 pubmed..4 and 54% in PCOS patients compared with controls. These results suggest that overexpression of the resistin gene in adipocytes may be a local determinant factor in the pathogenesis of PCOS. ..
- Hsieh P, Jin J, Chiang C, Chan P, Chen C, Shih K. COX-2-mediated inflammation in fat is crucial for obesity-linked insulin resistance and fatty liver. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009;17:1150-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that COX-2 activation in fat inflammation is important in the development of insulin resistance and fatty liver in high fat induced obese rats. ..
- Cheng Y, Lee T, Hsu H, Kou Y, Wu Y. Characterization of the transcriptional regulation of the regulator of G protein signaling 2 (RGS2) gene during 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:922-30 pubmed publisher..A Sp1 site within RGS2 promoter appeared to be a crucial response element to regulate RGS2 transcription. ..
- Juan C, Chuang T, Chang C, Huang S, Ho L. Endothelin-1 regulates adiponectin gene expression and secretion in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via distinct signaling pathways. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1835-42 pubmed..These findings suggested that the cardiovascular system affects adipocyte physiology by regulating the expression of adipocytokines and, consequently, energy homeostasis via vasoactive factors, such as ET-1. ..