Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adenosine triphosphate in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: adenosine triphosphate
Publications441 found, 100 shown here
- Shen J, Pappano A, Liang B. Extracellular ATP-stimulated current in wild-type and P2X4 receptor transgenic mouse ventricular myocytes: implications for a cardiac physiologic role of P2X4 receptors. FASEB J. 2006;20:277-84 pubmed..The P2X antagonist suramin was only able to block partially the 2-meSATP-stimulated current in WT cells, implying that both P2X4 receptor and another yet-to-be-identified P2X receptor mediate this current. ..
- Lee J, Urbatsch I, Senior A, Wilkens S. Nucleotide-induced structural changes in P-glycoprotein observed by electron microscopy. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5769-79 pubmed..The structural analysis presented here adds to the emerging picture that multidrug ABC transporters function by switching between two major conformations in a nucleotide-dependent manner. ..
- Qin J, Xin H, Nickoloff B. 3-Bromopyruvate induces necrotic cell death in sensitive melanoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:495-500 pubmed publisher..Future pre-clinical and clinical trials are warranted to translate these results into improved patient care for individuals suffering from metastatic melanoma. ..
- Aggarwal N, Pravdic D, McNally E, Bosnjak Z, Shi N, Makielski J. The mitochondrial bioenergetic phenotype for protection from cardiac ischemia in SUR2 mutant mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H1884-90 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for possible SUR2 participation in mitochondrial K(ATP)...
- Aravindan R, Fomin V, Naik U, Modelski M, Naik M, Galileo D, et al. CASK interacts with PMCA4b and JAM-A on the mouse sperm flagellum to regulate Ca2+ homeostasis and motility. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3138-50 pubmed publisher..The decreased motility is likely due to the collateral net deficit in ATP observed in nulls. Our data indicate that Ca(2+) homeostasis in sperm is maintained by the relative ratios of CASK-PMCA4b and CASK-JAM-A interactions. ..
- Jasso Ch vez R, Apolinario E, Sowers K, Ferry J. MrpA functions in energy conversion during acetate-dependent growth of Methanosarcina acetivorans. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:3987-94 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the Mrp complex is essential for efficient ATP synthesis and optimal growth at the low concentrations of acetate encountered in the environment...
- Weber J, Senior A. Bi-site catalysis in F1-ATPase: does it exist?. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35422-8 pubmed..One is that, in bi-site catalysis, the predicted direction of subunit rotation is the same for both ATP synthesis and hydrolysis; a second is that infrequently occurring enzyme species are required. ..
- Ye Z, Wyeth M, Baltan Tekkök S, Ransom B. Functional hemichannels in astrocytes: a novel mechanism of glutamate release. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3588-96 pubmed..Our results indicated that astrocyte hemichannels could influence CNS levels of extracellular glutamate with implications for normal and pathological brain function. ..
- Tan M, De S, Bebek G, Orloff M, Wesolowski R, Downs Kelly E, et al. Specific kinesin expression profiles associated with taxane resistance in basal-like breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;131:849-58 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel approach for drug development to overcome taxane resistance in breast cancer through concurrent or sequential use of kinesin inhibitors. ..
- Steindler L, Schwalbach M, Smith D, Chan F, Giovannoni S. Energy starved Candidatus Pelagibacter ubique substitutes light-mediated ATP production for endogenous carbon respiration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19725 pubmed publisher..These findings show that PR is a vital adaptation that supports Cand. P. ubique metabolism during carbon starvation, a condition that is likely to occur in the extreme conditions of ocean environments...
- Comley J, Rees M, O Dowd A. Leakage of incorporated radiolabelled adenine--a marker for drug-induced damage of macrofilariae in vitro. Trop Med Parasitol. 1988;39:221-6 pubmed..The method has been used to describe the macrofilaricidal activity of a wide range of antifilarial standards, membrane disruptive agents, respiratory inhibitors, fasciolicides and anti-cestode compounds. ..
- MacFarland K, Shan Q, Inman R, Cox M. RecA as a motor protein. Testing models for the role of ATP hydrolysis in DNA strand exchange. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17675-85 pubmed
- Ghosh A, Sarkar S, Guo W, Bandyopadhyay S, Sen G. Enzymatic activity of 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthetase is impaired by specific mutations that affect oligomerization of the protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:33220-6 pubmed..These results indicate that tetramerization of the protein is required for the enzymatic activity of the small 2-5(A) synthetases. ..
- Schmidt M, Brosh R, Oliver D. Escherichia coli SecA helicase activity is not required in vivo for efficient protein translocation or autogenous regulation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37076-85 pubmed..Our studies indicate that SecA helicase activity is nonessential and does not appear to be necessary for efficient protein secretion and secA autoregulation. ..
- Tsuzuki K, Ase A, Séguéla P, Nakatsuka T, Wang C, She J, et al. TNP-ATP-resistant P2X ionic current on the central terminals and somata of rat primary sensory neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2003;89:3235-42 pubmed..These results suggest that TNP-ATP-resistant P2X receptor subtypes are expressed on capsaicin-insensitive A delta-afferent fibers and play a role in modulating sensory transmission to lamina V neurons. ..
- Sautin Y, Lu M, Gaugler A, Zhang L, Gluck S. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mediated effects of glucose on vacuolar H+-ATPase assembly, translocation, and acidification of intracellular compartments in renal epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:575-89 pubmed
- Yaraei K, Campbell L, Zhu X, Liles W, Kuo C, Rosenfeld M. Effect of Chlamydia pneumoniae on cellular ATP content in mouse macrophages: role of Toll-like receptor 2. Infect Immun. 2005;73:4323-6 pubmed..In contrast, no effect was observed in macrophages lacking expression of Toll-like receptor 4. ..
- Song C, Steinebrunner I, Wang X, Stout S, Roux S. Extracellular ATP induces the accumulation of superoxide via NADPH oxidases in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:1222-32 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a possible role for extracellular ATP as a signal potentially in wound and stress responses. ..
- Fergestad T, Bostwick B, Ganetzky B. Metabolic disruption in Drosophila bang-sensitive seizure mutants. Genetics. 2006;173:1357-64 pubmed..Our data implicate cellular metabolism in regulating seizure susceptibility and suggest that differential sensitivity of neuronal subtypes to metabolic changes underlies distinct types of seizure activity. ..
- Rau K, Cooper B, Johnson R. Expression of TWIK-related acid sensitive K+ channels in capsaicin sensitive and insensitive cells of rat dorsal root ganglia. Neuroscience. 2006;141:955-63 pubmed..This study seeks to identify TASK channel populations in electrophysiologically characterized populations of putative nociceptive afferents. ..
- Yan F, Lin Y, Macmullen C, Ganguly A, Stanley C, Shyng S. Congenital hyperinsulinism associated ABCC8 mutations that cause defective trafficking of ATP-sensitive K+ channels: identification and rescue. Diabetes. 2007;56:2339-48 pubmed..Our study identifies a group of CHI-causing SUR1 mutations for which the resulting K(ATP) channel trafficking and expression defects may be corrected pharmacologically to restore channel function...
- Zager R. Parenteral iron compounds: potent oxidants but mainstays of anemia management in chronic renal disease. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;1 Suppl 1:S24-31 pubmed..By so doing, a better understanding of Fe's potential protean effects on patients with renal disease may result...
- Bhaskaran H, Russell R. Kinetic redistribution of native and misfolded RNAs by a DEAD-box chaperone. Nature. 2007;449:1014-8 pubmed..Conversely, RNAs whose functions depend on forming multiple conformations may rely on DExD/H-box proteins to increase the populations of less stable conformations, thereby increasing their overall efficiencies. ..
- Gavala M, Pfeiffer Z, Bertics P. The nucleotide receptor P2RX7 mediates ATP-induced CREB activation in human and murine monocytic cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:1159-71 pubmed publisher..These studies support the idea that P2RX7 stimulation can directly regulate protein expression that is not dependent on costimulation with other immune modulators such as LPS. ..
- Chen S, Levin M, Sakato M, Zhou Y, Hingorani M. Mechanism of ATP-driven PCNA clamp loading by S. cerevisiae RFC. J Mol Biol. 2009;388:431-42 pubmed publisher..DNA release. This model enables quantitative understanding of the multistep mechanism of a eukaryotic clamp loader and furthermore facilitates comparative analysis of loaders from diverse organisms. ..
- Frye J, Klenchin V, Bagshaw C, Rayment I. Insights into the importance of hydrogen bonding in the gamma-phosphate binding pocket of myosin: structural and functional studies of serine 236. Biochemistry. 2010;49:4897-907 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the S236A mutant myosin proceeds via a different structural mechanism than wild-type myosin, where the alternate mechanism is able to maintain near normal transient-state kinetic values. ..
- Chafekar S, Wisén S, Thompson A, Echeverria A, Walter G, Evans C, et al. Pharmacological tuning of heat shock protein 70 modulates polyglutamine toxicity and aggregation. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7:1556-64 pubmed..Our results thus support an emerging concept in which certain kinds of polyQ aggregates may be protective, while more soluble polyQ species are toxic. ..
- Chavan H, Krishnamurthy P. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) mediate transcriptional activation of the ATP binding cassette transporter ABCB6 gene via the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32054-68 pubmed publisher..These studies are the first to describe direct transcriptional activation of both mouse and human ABCB6 by xenobiotics...
- Fei G, Fang X, Wang G, Liu S, Wang X, Xia Y, et al. Neurogenic mucosal bicarbonate secretion in guinea pig duodenum. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;168:880-90 pubmed publisher..Stimulation of the VIPergic non-cholinergic secretomotor/vasodilator neurons, which are one of three classes of secretomotor neurons, accounts for most, if not all, of the neurogenic secretory response evoked by ATP. ..
- Kurouski D, Luo H, Sereda V, Robb F, Lednev I. Deconstruction of stable cross-Beta fibrillar structures into toxic and nontoxic products using a mutated archaeal chaperonin. ACS Chem Biol. 2013;8:2095-101 pubmed publisher..The addition of ATP significantly increased the toxicity of the insulin fibril-chaperonin reaction products toward mammalian cells. ..
- Yaffe M, Farr G, Miklos D, Horwich A, Sternlicht M, Sternlicht H. TCP1 complex is a molecular chaperone in tubulin biogenesis. Nature. 1992;358:245-8 pubmed..We conclude that TCP1 functions as a cytosolic chaperone in the biogenesis of tubulin. ..
- Lee Yoon D, Easton D, Murawski M, Burd R, Subjeck J. Identification of a major subfamily of large hsp70-like proteins through the cloning of the mammalian 110-kDa heat shock protein. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15725-33 pubmed..Therefore, hsp110 belongs to a new category of large and structurally unique stress proteins that are the most distantly related known members of the hsp70 family...
- Rice K, Eggler A, Sung P, Cox M. DNA pairing and strand exchange by the Escherichia coli RecA and yeast Rad51 proteins without ATP hydrolysis: on the importance of not getting stuck. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38570-81 pubmed..e. the reaction can get stuck. Optimization of an extensive DNA strand exchange without ATP hydrolysis requires conditions that decrease nonproductive interactions of recombinase-ssDNA complexes with the duplex DNA substrate. ..
- Awasthi S, Singhal S, Singhal J, Cheng J, Zimniak P, Awasthi Y. Role of RLIP76 in lung cancer doxorubicin resistance: II. Doxorubicin transport in lung cancer by RLIP76. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:713-20 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that DOX transport activity of RLIP76 is significantly greater in NSCLC as compared with SCLC, and that RLIP76 is the major DOX transporter in lung cancer cell lines...
- Jaburek M, Garlid K. Reconstitution of recombinant uncoupling proteins: UCP1, -2, and -3 have similar affinities for ATP and are unaffected by coenzyme Q10. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25825-31 pubmed..We conclude that coenzyme Q is not a cofactor of UCP-mediated proton transport. ..
- Battaglioli G, Liu H, Martin D. Kinetic differences between the isoforms of glutamate decarboxylase: implications for the regulation of GABA synthesis. J Neurochem. 2003;86:879-87 pubmed..We conclude that the apo-/holoenzyme cycle of inactivation and reactivation is more important in regulating the activity of GAD65 than of GAD67. ..
- Shao J, Prince T, Hartson S, Matts R. Phosphorylation of serine 13 is required for the proper function of the Hsp90 co-chaperone, Cdc37. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38117-20 pubmed..Thus, the data indicate that phosphorylation of Cdc37 on Ser13 is critical for its ability to coordinate Hsp90 nucleotide-mediated conformational switching and kinase binding. ..
- Blight S, Larue R, Mahapatra A, Longstaff D, Chang E, Zhao G, et al. Direct charging of tRNA(CUA) with pyrrolysine in vitro and in vivo. Nature. 2004;431:333-5 pubmed..This is the first example from nature of direct aminoacylation of a tRNA with a non-canonical amino acid and shows that the genetic code of E. coli can be expanded to include UAG-directed pyrrolysine incorporation into proteins. ..
- Ataide S, Ibba M. Discrimination of cognate and noncognate substrates at the active site of class II lysyl-tRNA synthetase. Biochemistry. 2004;43:11836-41 pubmed..This now provides a mechanistic basis for the proposal that differences in amino acid discrimination have been pivotal in the evolution of two unrelated LysRSs. ..
- Mandal P, Mandal A, Ahearn G. 65Zn2+ Transport by lobster hepatopancreatic lysosomal membrane vesicles. J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol. 2006;305:203-14 pubmed..These transport properties as a whole suggest that this transporter may be a lysosomal isoform of the ER Sarco-Endoplasmic Reticulum Calcium ATPase. ..
- Dymek E, Goduti D, Kramer T, Smith E. A kinesin-like calmodulin-binding protein in Chlamydomonas: evidence for a role in cell division and flagellar functions. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3107-16 pubmed..However, during telophase and cytokinesis CrKCBP co-localizes with the microtubules associated with the phycoplast. These studies implicate CrKCBP in flagellar functions as well as cell division. ..
- Wojcik M, Seidle H, Bieganowski P, Brenner C. Glutamine-dependent NAD+ synthetase. How a two-domain, three-substrate enzyme avoids waste. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33395-402 pubmed..Six distinct classes of Qns1 mutants that fall within the glutaminase domain and the synthetase domain selectively inhibit components of the coordinated reaction. ..
- Blum A, Joseph S, Przybylski R, Dubyak G. Rho-family GTPases modulate Ca(2+) -dependent ATP release from astrocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C231-41 pubmed publisher..ATP release was also markedly repressed by the gap junction channel inhibitor carbenoxolone in the absence of any obvious thrombin-induced change in membrane permeability indicative of hemichannel gating. ..
- Hudson C, Christophi G, Gruber R, Wilmore J, Lawrence D, Massa P. Induction of IL-33 expression and activity in central nervous system glia. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:631-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results implicate IL-33-producing astrocytes as a potentially critical regulator of innate immune responses in the CNS. ..
- Locher M, Razumova M, Stelzer J, Norman H, Patel J, Moss R. Determination of rate constants for turnover of myosin isoforms in rat myocardium: implications for in vivo contractile kinetics. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H247-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that low-level expression of alpha-MHC has significant effects on contraction kinetics. ..
- Kawate T, Michel J, Birdsong W, Gouaux E. Crystal structure of the ATP-gated P2X(4) ion channel in the closed state. Nature. 2009;460:592-8 pubmed publisher..We define the location of three non-canonical, intersubunit ATP-binding sites, and suggest that ATP binding promotes subunit rearrangement and ion channel opening. ..
- Corsino P, HORENSTEIN N, Ostrov D, Rowe T, Law M, Barrett A, et al. A novel class of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors identified by molecular docking act through a unique mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:29945-55 pubmed publisher..Multiple lines of evidence indicate that the primary mechanism of action of these compounds is the direct induction of Cdk1, Cdk2, and Cdk4 protein aggregation. ..
- Harrill J, Freudenrich T, Machacek D, Stice S, Mundy W. Quantitative assessment of neurite outgrowth in human embryonic stem cell-derived hN2 cells using automated high-content image analysis. Neurotoxicology. 2010;31:277-90 pubmed publisher..hN2 cells provide a model in which to investigate chemical effects on neurite outgrowth in a non-transformed human-derived cells and provide an alternative to the use of primary rodent neural cultures or immortalized clonal cell lines. ..
- Resnick A. Use of optical tweezers to probe epithelial mechanosensation. J Biomed Opt. 2010;15:015005 pubmed publisher..These results lend support to the hypothesis that the primary cilium mediates transduction of mechanical strain into a biochemical response in renal epithelia. ..
- Wang G. State-dependent regulation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gating by a high affinity Fe3+ bridge between the regulatory domain and cytoplasmic loop 3. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40438-47 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that Fe(3+) homeostasis may play a critical role in regulating pathophysiological CFTR activity because dysregulation of this protein causes cystic fibrosis, secretary diarrhea, and infertility. ..
- Li M, Zheng W. Probing the structural and energetic basis of kinesin-microtubule binding using computational alanine-scanning mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8645-55 pubmed publisher..The mutations of these residues are predicted to fine-tune the motility of kinesin by modulating the conformational transition between the ADP state and the ATP state of kinesin. ..
- Sardar H, Gilbert S. Microtubule capture by mitotic kinesin centromere protein E (CENP-E). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24894-904 pubmed publisher..4 steps/s. We hypothesize that the unusually slow CENP-E microtubule association step favors CENP-E binding of stable microtubules over dynamic ones, a mechanism that would bias CENP-E binding to kinetochore fibers. ..
- Rodríguez Hernández A, Spears J, Gaston K, Limbach P, Gamper H, Hou Y, et al. Structural and mechanistic basis for enhanced translational efficiency by 2-thiouridine at the tRNA anticodon wobble position. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:3888-906 pubmed publisher..Measurements of Gln-tRNA(Gln) interactions at the ribosome A-site show that the s(2)U modification enhances binding affinity to the glutamine codons CAA and CAG and increases the rate of GTP hydrolysis by E. coli EF-Tu by fivefold. ..
- Shu H, Pelley R, Kung H. Tissue-specific transformation by epidermal growth factor receptor: a single point mutation within the ATP-binding pocket of the erbB product increases its intrinsic kinase activity and activates its sarcomagenic potential. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:9103-7 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first demonstration of a point mutation in the ATP-binding pocket that activates a tyrosine kinase. ..
- Cox M. Relating biochemistry to biology: how the recombinational repair function of RecA protein is manifested in its molecular properties. Bioessays. 1993;15:617-23 pubmed..The recombinational repair function provides a much more logical and informative framework for thinking about the biochemical properties of RecA and the strand exchange reactions it facilitates. ..
- Bruce Keller A, Geddes J, Knapp P, McFall R, Keller J, Holtsberg F, et al. Anti-death properties of TNF against metabolic poisoning: mitochondrial stabilization by MnSOD. J Neuroimmunol. 1999;93:53-71 pubmed..Additional studies showed that levels of oxidative stress and striatal lesion size following 3-NP administration in vivo are increased in mice lacking TNF receptors. ..
- Barker M, Gourse R. Regulation of rRNA transcription correlates with nucleoside triphosphate sensing. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:6315-23 pubmed
- Kaplan J. Biochemistry of Na,K-ATPase. Annu Rev Biochem. 2002;71:511-35 pubmed..In this review, the current status of knowledge of Na,K-ATPase is discussed, and areas where there is still considerable uncertainty are highlighted...
- Allen G, Steinhauer K, Hillen W, St lke J, Brennan R. Crystal structure of HPr kinase/phosphatase from Mycoplasma pneumoniae. J Mol Biol. 2003;326:1203-17 pubmed..We discuss these observations as well as the structural significance of mutations in the P-loop and HPrK/P family sequence motif...
- Dooher J, Lingappa J. Conservation of a stepwise, energy-sensitive pathway involving HP68 for assembly of primate lentivirus capsids in cells. J Virol. 2004;78:1645-56 pubmed..Together these findings support a model in which all primate lentivirus capsids assemble by a conserved pathway of HP68-containing, energy-dependent assembly intermediates that have specific biochemical features...
- Elssner A, Duncan M, Gavrilin M, Wewers M. A novel P2X7 receptor activator, the human cathelicidin-derived peptide LL37, induces IL-1 beta processing and release. J Immunol. 2004;172:4987-94 pubmed..We conclude that endogenous LL37 may promote IL-1 beta processing and release via direct activation of P2X(7) receptors. ..
- Antos L, Potter L. Adenine nucleotides decrease the apparent Km of endogenous natriuretic peptide receptors for GTP. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E1756-63 pubmed..We conclude that ATP is not required for the initial activation of NPRs but does increase activity over time by reducing the apparent K(m) for GTP. ..
- Sikora M, Jakubowski H. Homocysteine editing and growth inhibition in Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 2009;155:1858-65 pubmed publisher..We also show that the levels of protein N-linked Hcy modestly increase in E. coli cells in Hcy-supplemented cultures. The results suggest that Hcy editing restrains bacterial growth. ..
- Yawn B, Zhang L, Mura C, Sukhodolets M. RapA, the SWI/SNF subunit of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase, promotes the release of nascent RNA from transcription complexes. Biochemistry. 2009;48:7794-806 pubmed publisher..This work further refines our models for RapA function in vivo and establishes a new role in RNA management for a representative of the SWI/SNF protein superfamily. ..
- Occhipinti R, Somersalo E, Calvetti D. Energetics of inhibition: insights with a computational model of the human GABAergic neuron-astrocyte cellular complex. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:1834-46 pubmed publisher..Redox balance is proposed as an explanation for elevated oxidative phosphorylation and adenosine triphosphate hydrolysis in astrocytes, decoupled from energy requirements...
- Colgan S, Eltzschig H. Adenosine and hypoxia-inducible factor signaling in intestinal injury and recovery. Annu Rev Physiol. 2012;74:153-75 pubmed publisher..Such information has provided new insights into disease pathogenesis and, importantly, will provide insights into new therapeutic targets. ..
- Bushman J, Zhou Q, Shyng S. A Kir6.2 pore mutation causes inactivation of ATP-sensitive potassium channels by disrupting PIP2-dependent gating. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63733 pubmed publisher..The G156P mutation provides mechanistic insight into the structural and functional interactions between the pore and cytoplasmic domains of Kir6.2 during gating. ..
- Krajewska J, Modrak Wójcik A, Arent Z, Więckowski D, Zolkiewski M, Bzowska A, et al. Characterization of the molecular chaperone ClpB from the pathogenic spirochaete Leptospira interrogans. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181118 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ClpB's importance during infection might be due to its role as a molecular chaperone involved in reactivation of protein aggregates. ..
- Rajapandi T, Oliver D. Integration of SecA protein into the Escherichia coli inner membrane is regulated by its amino-terminal ATP-binding domain. Mol Microbiol. 1996;20:43-51 pubmed..Our results lead to a simple model for the regulation of a cycle of SecA insertion into, and de-insertion from, the inner membrane by the activity of the high affinity ATP-binding domain. ..
- Burgess B, Richardson J. RNA passes through the hole of the protein hexamer in the complex with the Escherichia coli Rho factor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:4182-9 pubmed..These data are consistent with binding of the rut region of RNA around the crown, with its 3'-segment passing through the center of the Rho hexamer. ..
- Knyushko T, Sharov V, Williams T, SCHONEICH C, Bigelow D. 3-Nitrotyrosine modification of SERCA2a in the aging heart: a distinct signature of the cellular redox environment. Biochemistry. 2005;44:13071-81 pubmed
- Bhaskara V, Dupré A, Lengsfeld B, Hopkins B, Chan A, Lee J, et al. Rad50 adenylate kinase activity regulates DNA tethering by Mre11/Rad50 complexes. Mol Cell. 2007;25:647-61 pubmed..We propose a model for Rad50 that incorporates both ATPase and adenylate kinase reactions as critical activities that regulate Rad50 functions. ..
- Misra G, Dickinson R, Ladd A. Mechanics of Vorticella contraction. Biophys J. 2010;98:2923-32 pubmed publisher..The shape of the collapsing and recovering stalk bounds its effective bending stiffness. Simulations suggest that recovery from the contracted state is driven by the stalk at a rate controlled by dissociation of calcium from spasmin...
- Jiang Q, Lust R, Strynar M, Dagnino S, DeWitt J. Perflurooctanoic acid induces developmental cardiotoxicity in chicken embryos and hatchlings. Toxicology. 2012;293:97-106 pubmed publisher..Additional studies will investigate mechanisms of PFOA-induced developmental cardiotoxicity. ..
- Zhang T, Ploetz E, Nagy M, Doyle S, Wickner S, Smith P, et al. Flexible connection of the N-terminal domain in ClpB modulates substrate binding and the aggregate reactivation efficiency. Proteins. 2012;80:2758-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results suggest that selective pressure on the linker sequence may be crucial for maintaining the optimal efficiency of aggregate reactivation by ClpB...
- Ehrhardt A, Chung W, Pyle L, Wang W, Nowotarski K, Mulvihill C, et al. Channel Gating Regulation by the Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) First Cytosolic Loop. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1854-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a targetable mechanism of CFTR regulation in which conformational changes in the NBDs cause reorientation of transmembrane domains via interactions with CL1 and result in channel gating. ..
- Boyd Tressler A, Lane G, Dubyak G. Up-regulated Ectonucleotidases in Fas-Associated Death Domain Protein- and Receptor-Interacting Protein Kinase 1-Deficient Jurkat Leukemia Cells Counteract Extracellular ATP/AMP Accumulation via Pannexin-1 Channels during Chemotherapeutic Drug-Induce. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;92:30-47 pubmed publisher
- Nishizaki T, Walent J, Kowalchyk J, Martin T. A key role for a 145-kDa cytosolic protein in the stimulation of Ca(2+)-dependent secretion by protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23972-81 pubmed
- Pandey V, Modak M. Biochemistry of terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase. Identification and unity of ribo- and deoxyribonucleoside triphosphate binding site in terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:867-71 pubmed
- Erb L, Lustig K, Sullivan D, Turner J, Weisman G. Functional expression and photoaffinity labeling of a cloned P2U purinergic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10449-53 pubmed..Photolabeling of the 53-kDa protein by [alpha-32P]BzATP was inhibited by ATP but not by UTP, raising the possibility that the P2U receptor may have distinct binding sites for each nucleotide. ..
- Katz A. Is the failing heart energy depleted?. Cardiol Clin. 1998;16:633-44, viii pubmed..Second, current information regarding the energetic state of the failing heart is examined. Finally, the mechanistic and therapeutic implications of a defect in energy production are described...
- Harris S, Patel J, Marton L, Moss R. Polyamines decrease Ca(2+) sensitivity of tension and increase rates of activation in skinned cardiac myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;279:H1383-91 pubmed..These results indicate that polyamines, especially spermine, interact with myofilament proteins to reduce apparent Ca(2+) binding affinity and speed cross-bridge cycling kinetics at submaximal [Ca(2+)]...
- Hutcheon M, Duncan T, Ngai H, Cross R. Energy-driven subunit rotation at the interface between subunit a and the c oligomer in the F(O) sector of Escherichia coli ATP synthase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:8519-24 pubmed..These results provide evidence for an energy-dependent rotation of the c ring relative to subunit a. ..
- Lee J, Chiba T, Marcus D. P2X2 receptor mediates stimulation of parasensory cation absorption by cochlear outer sulcus cells and vestibular transitional cells. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9168-74 pubmed