Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adenocarcinoma in Mexico
- Lopez Carrillo L, Camargo M, Schneider B, Sicinschi L, Hernandez Ramirez R, Correa P, et al. Capsaicin consumption, Helicobacter pylori CagA status and IL1B-31C>T genotypes: a host and environment interaction in gastric cancer. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:2118-22 pubmed publisher..However, further research on gene-environment interactions is required to fully understand the factors determining GC patterns in susceptible populations, with the aim of recommending preventive measures for high risk individuals. ..
- Argüello Ramírez J, Perez Cardenas E, Delgado Chavez R, Solorza Luna G, Villa Treviño S, Arenas Huertero F. Matrix metalloproteinases-2, -3, and -9 secreted by explants of benign and malignant lesions of the uterine cervix. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2004;14:333-40 pubmed..In addition, MMP-3 secretion could be a marker of poor prognosis in Ce Ca. ..
- Lino Silva L, Salcedo HernÃ¡ndez R, GarcÃa GÃ³mez M, Ruiz GarcÃa E, Aguilar Romero J, DomÃnguez RodrÃguez J, et al. Thyroid Transcription Factor-1 Expression in Adenocarcinomas of the Bile Duct. Int J Surg Pathol. 2016;24:24-8 pubmed publisher..This report is the first of TTF-1 positivity in adenocarcinomas from the extrahepatic biliary tract. ..
- Duenas Gonzalez A, Lopez Graniel C, Gonzalez A, Gomez E, Rivera L, Mohar A, et al. Induction chemotherapy with gemcitabine and oxaliplatin for locally advanced cervical carcinoma. Am J Clin Oncol. 2003;26:22-5 pubmed..At a median follow-up of 11 months (range: 10-12), all patients are disease free. Gemcitabine oxaliplatin is a very active and well-tolerated combination for locally advanced cervical cancer. ..
- Puebla Mora A, Heras A, Cano Valdez A, Dominguez Malagon H. Human telomerase and alpha-methylacyl-coenzyme A racemase in prostatic carcinoma. A comparative immunohistochemical study. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2006;10:205-8 pubmed..These results indicate that hTERT is highly specific of malignancy, with no false-positive cases; however, it had lower sensitivity than AMACR. ..
- Illades Aguiar B, Cortés Malagón E, Antonio Véjar V, Zamudio López N, Alarcón Romero L, Fernández Tilapa G, et al. Cervical carcinoma in Southern Mexico: Human papillomavirus and cofactors. Cancer Detect Prev. 2009;32:300-7 pubmed publisher..8% of the CC cases and high-risk HPV for 94.7%, which is useful data to take into account in vaccination programs. HPV 33 is the most frequent type in controls and high-risk HPV are more common than low-risk HPV. ..
- Albores Saavedra J, Chable Montero F, Angeles Albores D, Schwartz A, Klimstra D, Henson D. Early gallbladder carcinoma: a clinicopathologic study of 13 cases of intramucosal carcinoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011;135:637-42 pubmed publisher..The follow-up of another patient was too short to be significant. Two patients were lost to follow-up. Our findings suggest that a simple cholecystectomy is a curative procedure for IMCs of the gallbladder. ..
- Velázquez Jiménez R, Torres Valencia J, Cerda García Rojas C, Hernandez Hernandez J, Román Marín L, Manríquez Torres J, et al. Absolute configuration of podophyllotoxin related lignans from Bursera fagaroides using vibrational circular dichroism. Phytochemistry. 2011;72:2237-43 pubmed publisher..Their absolute configurations were assigned by comparison of the vibrational circular dichroism spectra of 1 and 3 with those obtained by density functional theory calculations...
- Albores Saavedra J, Weimersheimer Sandoval M, Chable Montero F, Montante Montes de Oca D, Hruban R, Henson D. The foamy variant of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2008;12:252-9 pubmed publisher..The gradual progression of cytological and architectural abnormalities of the PanIN lesions from PanIN-1 to PanIN-3 excludes neoplastic ductal spread. These foamy PanIN lesions probably represent cancer precursors...
- Lino Silva L, Salcedo Hernández R, Molina Frías E. Mixed gastric carcinoma with intestinal and cribriform patterns: a distinctive pathologic appearance associated with poor prognosis in advanced stages and a potential mimicker of metastatic breast carcinoma. Int J Surg Pathol. 2013;21:6-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, proper recognition and report is important, even in small biopsies or small foci...
- Espinosa A, Alfaro A, Román Basaure E, Guardado Estrada M, Palma I, Serralde C, et al. Mitosis is a source of potential markers for screening and survival and therapeutic targets in cervical cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55975 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CDKN3 may be not only a screening and survival marker but a potential therapeutic target in CC. However, whether it's indispensable for tumor growth remains to be demonstrated. ..
- Sánchez Ceja S, Reyes Maldonado E, Vázquez Manríquez M, López Luna J, Belmont A, Gutiérrez Castellanos S. Differential expression of STAT5 and Bcl-xL, and high expression of Neu and STAT3 in non-small-cell lung carcinoma. Lung Cancer. 2006;54:163-8 pubmed
- Lino Silva L, Salcedo Hernández R, España Ferrufino A, Ruiz García E, Ruiz Campos M, León Takahashi A, et al. Extramural perineural invasion in pT3 and pT4 rectal adenocarcinoma as prognostic factor after preoperative chemoradiotherapy. Hum Pathol. 2017;65:107-112 pubmed publisher..95; CI, 2.00-4.28; P=.047). In conclusion, we demonstrated the prognostic effect of ePNI for disease-specific survival in surgically resected pT3-pT4 rectal cancer patients with preoperative chemoradiotherapy. ..
- Morán Mendoza A, Alvarado Luna G, Calderillo Ruiz G, Serrano Olvera A, Lopez Graniel C, Gallardo Rincón D. Elevated CA125 level associated with Meigs' syndrome: case report and review of the literature. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16 Suppl 1:315-8 pubmed..Although the association between ovarian tumor, pleural effusion, ascites, and marked elevation of CA125 is highly indicative of epithelial ovarian cancer, Meigs' syndrome must be considered in the differential diagnosis...
- Espinosa M, Cantu D, Herrera N, Lopez C, De la Garza J, Maldonado V, et al. Inhibitors of apoptosis proteins in human cervical cancer. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:45 pubmed..The expression of survivin was upregulated in the patients with cervical cancer. We have found that adenocarcinoma presented higher levels of survivin isoforms 2B and DeltaEx3. ..
- Molina Romero C, Rangel Escareño C, Ortega Gómez A, Alanis Funes G, Aviles Salas A, Avila Moreno F, et al. Differential gene expression profiles according to the Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society histopathological classification in lung adenocarcinoma subtypes. Hum Pathol. 2017;66:188-199 pubmed publisher