Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on actins in United States
Locale: United States
Publications370 found, 100 shown here
- Yarbrough W, Mukherjee R, Stroud R, Meyer E, Escobar G, Sample J, et al. Caspase inhibition modulates left ventricular remodeling following myocardial infarction through cellular and extracellular mechanisms. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010;55:408-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study suggest that the elaboration of caspases post-MI likely contribute to LV remodeling through both cellular and extracellular mechanisms. ..
- Sanger J, Wang J, Gleason L, Chowrashi P, Dube D, Mittal B, et al. Arg/Abl-binding protein, a Z-body and Z-band protein, binds sarcomeric, costameric, and signaling molecules. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:808-23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ArgBP2 may play an important role in the assembly and maintenance of myofibrils in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Lu H, Kennedy G, Warshaw D, Trybus K. Simultaneous observation of tail and head movements of myosin V during processive motion. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:42068-74 pubmed publisher..Back stepping may provide a mechanism to ensure efficient cargo delivery even when myoV encounters obstacles within the actin cytoskeletal meshwork or when other motors are attached to the same cargo. ..
- Al Nakkash L. Genistein stimulates jejunal chloride secretion via sex-dependent, estrogen receptor or adenylate cyclase mechanisms. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;30:137-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that daily estradiol and genistein injections have differential sex-dependent mechanisms of action on murine intestinal Cl(-) secretion. ..
- Li Q, Ramirez Bergeron D, Dunwoodie S, Yang Y. Cited2 gene controls pluripotency and cardiomyocyte differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells through Oct4 gene. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:29088-100 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration that Cited2 controls ESC pluripotency and differentiation via direct regulation of Oct4 gene expression. ..
- Sevilla C, Dalecki D, Hocking D. Regional fibronectin and collagen fibril co-assembly directs cell proliferation and microtissue morphology. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77316 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that the complex changes in extracellular matrix and cytoskeletal remodeling that mediate tissue assembly are driven, in part, by regional variations in cell-mediated fibronectin-collagen co-assembly. ..
- Hattan D, Nesti E, Cachero T, Morielli A. Tyrosine phosphorylation of Kv1.2 modulates its interaction with the actin-binding protein cortactin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38596-606 pubmed..These results demonstrate a dynamic, phosphorylation-dependent interaction between Kv1.2 and the actin cytoskeleton-binding protein cortactin and suggest a role for that interaction in the regulation of Kv1.2 ionic current. ..
- Inoue K, Zhuang L, Maddox D, Smith S, Ganapathy V. Structure, function, and expression pattern of a novel sodium-coupled citrate transporter (NaCT) cloned from mammalian brain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39469-76 pubmed..NaCT thus constitutes a potential therapeutic target for the control of body weight, cholesterol levels, and energy homeostasis. ..
- Southwick F, Li W, Zhang F, Zeile W, Purich D. Actin-based endosome and phagosome rocketing in macrophages: activation by the secretagogue antagonists lanthanum and zinc. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2003;54:41-55 pubmed..Although earlier studies using cell extracts clouded the role of oligoproline sequences in activating the polymerization zone, our studies emphasize the importance of evaluating motility in living cells...
- Lutkenhaus J. Dynamic proteins in bacteria. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2002;5:548-52 pubmed..These studies further demonstrate that the eukaryotic cytoskeleton had its origins in bacteria...
- Wang Z, Pesacreta T. A subclass of myosin XI is associated with mitochondria, plastids, and the molecular chaperone subunit TCP-1alpha in maize. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2004;57:218-32 pubmed..Our results suggest that class XI plant myosin requires TCP-1alpha for regulating folding or providing protection against denaturation. ..
- Simonson W, Franco S, Huttenlocher A. Talin1 regulates TCR-mediated LFA-1 function. J Immunol. 2006;177:7707-14 pubmed..Together, our findings indicate that TCR-induced up-regulation of LFA-1-dependent adhesiveness and resulting T cell-APC conjugation require talin1. ..
- Xia X, Zhang Y, Zieth C, Zhang S. Transgenes delivered by lentiviral vector are suppressed in human embryonic stem cells in a promoter-dependent manner. Stem Cells Dev. 2007;16:167-76 pubmed..Cautions should be taken to choose the optimal promoter when lentiviruses are used for genetic modification of human ES cells. ..
- Abramczyk D, Park C, Szaniszlo P. Cytolocalization of the class V chitin synthase in the yeast, hyphal and sclerotic morphotypes of Wangiella (Exophiala) dermatitidis. Fungal Genet Biol. 2009;46:28-41 pubmed publisher..The results also suggested that WdChs5p localizes to the regions of cell wall growth in an actin-dependent fashion. ..
- Aromolaran K, Benzow K, Cribbs L, Koob M, Piedras Rentería E. T-type current modulation by the actin-binding protein Kelch-like 1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;298:C1353-62 pubmed publisher..This constitutes a novel regulatory mechanism of T-type calcium currents and supports the role of KLHL1 in the modulation of cellular excitability. ..
- Wang C, Coluccio L. New insights into the regulation of the actin cytoskeleton by tropomyosin. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2010;281:91-128 pubmed publisher..This chapter reviews the current state of the literature regarding tropomyosin structure and function and discusses the evidence that tropomyosins play a role in regulating actin assembly. ..
- Taylor M, Koyuncu O, Enquist L. Subversion of the actin cytoskeleton during viral infection. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2011;9:427-39 pubmed publisher..The molecular biology of such interactions continues to engage virologists in their quest to understand viral replication and informs cell biologists about the role of the cytoskeleton in the uninfected cell...
- Ahlquist D, Zou H, DOMANICO M, Mahoney D, Yab T, Taylor W, et al. Next-generation stool DNA test accurately detects colorectal cancer and large adenomas. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:248-56; quiz e25-6 pubmed publisher..Neoplasm size, but not anatomical site, affected detection rates. Further studies are needed to validate the findings in a larger population and optimize the sDNA test. ..
- Brentnall T, Lai L, Coleman J, Bronner M, Pan S, Chen R. Arousal of cancer-associated stroma: overexpression of palladin activates fibroblasts to promote tumor invasion. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30219 pubmed publisher..This data supports a model whereby palladin-activated fibroblasts facilitate stromal-dependent metastasis and outgrowth of tumorigenic epithelium. ..
- Umazume K, Barak Y, McDonald K, Liu L, Kaplan H, Tamiya S. Proliferative vitreoretinopathy in the Swine-a new model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4910-6 pubmed publisher..GFP+ RPE cells injected into the vitreous cavity formed contractile membranes on the inner retinal surface and caused localized traction retinal detachments. ..
- Sckolnick M, Krementsova E, Warshaw D, Trybus K. More than just a cargo adapter, melanophilin prolongs and slows processive runs of myosin Va. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:29313-22 pubmed publisher..More generally, these data show that proteins that link motors to cargo can modify motor properties to enhance their biological role. ..
- Gordon G, LaGier A, Ponchel C, Bauskar A, Itakura T, Jeong S, et al. A cell-based screening assay to identify pharmaceutical compounds that enhance the regenerative quality of corneal repair. Wound Repair Regen. 2016;24:89-99 pubmed publisher..Anisomycin has not previously been characterized as antifibrotic, thus, this is a novel finding of the study. ..
- Bieling P, Li T, Weichsel J, McGorty R, Jreij P, Huang B, et al. Force Feedback Controls Motor Activity and Mechanical Properties of Self-Assembling Branched Actin Networks. Cell. 2016;164:115-127 pubmed publisher..This work reveals intrinsic force feedback mechanisms by which mechanical resistance makes self-assembling actin networks stiffer, stronger, and more powerful. ..
- Coffman J, Kirchhamer C, Harrington M, Davidson E. SpRunt-1, a new member of the runt domain family of transcription factors, is a positive regulator of the aboral ectoderm-specific CyIIIA gene in sea urchin embryos. Dev Biol. 1996;174:43-54 pubmed..These results are discussed with reference to known features of the runt domain family of transcription factors. ..
- Kuznetsov O, Hasenstein K. Intracellular magnetophoresis of statoliths in Chara rhizoids and analysis of cytoplasm viscoelasticity. Adv Space Res. 2001;27:887-92 pubmed..Oryzalin had no effect on the behavior of statoliths. The data indicate that magnetophoresis is a useful tool to study the gravisensing system and rheology of the Chara rhizoid. ..
- Burnett T, Tash J, Hunt J. Investigation of the role of nitric oxide synthase 2 in pregnancy using mutant mice. Reproduction. 2002;124:49-57 pubmed..These results indicate that NOS-2 has a functional role in the maintenance of decidual cellular integrity and development of appropriate uterine vasculature, and may play a supportive role in promoting embryo survival. ..
- Wang L, Merz A, Collins K, Wickner W. Hierarchy of protein assembly at the vertex ring domain for yeast vacuole docking and fusion. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:365-74 pubmed..Our findings provide a unique view of the functional relationships between GTPases, SNAREs, and actin in membrane fusion. ..
- Taneda S, Hudkins K, Topouzis S, Gilbertson D, Ophascharoensuk V, Truong L, et al. Obstructive uropathy in mice and humans: potential role for PDGF-D in the progression of tubulointerstitial injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:2544-55 pubmed..These observations suggest that PDGF-D plays an important role in the pathogenesis of tubulointerstitial injury through binding of PDGF-Rbeta in both human obstructive nephropathy and the corresponding murine model of UUO. ..
- Xin X, Ferraro F, Bäck N, Eipper B, Mains R. Cdk5 and Trio modulate endocrine cell exocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4739-48 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that control of the cortical actin cytoskeleton, long known to modulate hormone exocytosis and subsequent endocytosis, involves Cdk5-mediated activation of Trio. ..
- Alpert N, Mohiddin S, Tripodi D, Jacobson Hatzell J, Vaughn Whitley K, Brosseau C, et al. Molecular and phenotypic effects of heterozygous, homozygous, and compound heterozygote myosin heavy-chain mutations. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H1097-102 pubmed..Finally, severe FHC in heterozygous individuals can occur despite very low penetrance, suggesting these mutations alone are insufficient to cause FHC and that uncharacterized modifying mechanisms exert powerful influences. ..
- Tirnauer J. A new cytoskeletal connection for APC: linked to actin through IQGAP. Dev Cell. 2004;7:778-80 pubmed..In this issue of Developmental Cell, Watanabe et al. now show a molecular connection between the actin crosslinking protein IQGAP1 and the microtubule-stabilizing protein APC that impacts cells' ability to migrate into a wound. ..
- Benink H, Bement W. Concentric zones of active RhoA and Cdc42 around single cell wounds. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:429-39 pubmed..Each of the zones makes distinct contributions to the organization and function of the actomyosin wound array. We propose that similar rho activity zones control related processes such as cytokinesis. ..
- Hetey S, LaLonde D, Turner C. Tyrosine-phosphorylated Hic-5 inhibits epidermal growth factor-induced lamellipodia formation. Exp Cell Res. 2005;311:147-56 pubmed..Our data suggest that Hic-5 tyrosine phosphorylation functions to regulate signaling associated with lamellipodia formation, a process fundamental to cell motility. ..
- Tuxworth W, Shiraishi H, Moschella P, Yamane K, McDermott P, Kuppuswamy D. Translational activation of 5'-TOP mRNA in pressure overload myocardium. Basic Res Cardiol. 2008;103:41-53 pubmed..Furthermore, our in vitro studies indicate that distinct pathways are operational during the early course of hypertrophic growth and converge to activate mTOR resulting in the translational activation of 5'-TOP mRNA...
- Bujor A, Pannu J, Bu S, Smith E, Muise Helmericks R, Trojanowska M. Akt blockade downregulates collagen and upregulates MMP1 in human dermal fibroblasts. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1906-14 pubmed publisher..Akt could directly contribute to elevated collagen in SSc fibroblasts and it may represent an attractive target for therapy of SSc fibrosis. ..
- Lynch G, Rex C, Chen L, Gall C. The substrates of memory: defects, treatments, and enhancement. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;585:2-13 pubmed publisher..Work now in progress will test if chronic elevation of BDNF enhances memory in normal animals. ..
- Hayden M, Karuparthi P, Habibi J, Lastra G, Patel K, Wasekar C, et al. Ultrastructure of islet microcirculation, pericytes and the islet exocrine interface in the HIP rat model of diabetes. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2008;233:1109-23 pubmed publisher..The above novel findings regarding the microcirculation and pericytes could assist researchers and clinicians in a better morphological understanding of T2DM and lead to new strategies for prevention and treatment of T2DM. ..
- Wang W, Gilligan D, Sun S, Wu X, Reems J. Distinct functional effects for dynamin 3 during megakaryocytopoiesis. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:2139-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies demonstrate that DNM3 not only participates in MK progenitor amplification, but is also involved in cytoplasmic enlargement and the formation of the DMS. ..
- Nie S, Kee Y, Bronner Fraser M. Caldesmon regulates actin dynamics to influence cranial neural crest migration in Xenopus. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3355-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the actin-modulating activity of CaD may underlie its critical function and is regulated by distinct signaling pathways during normal neural crest migration...
- Ly S, Lehrer S. Long-range effects of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy mutations E180G and D175N on the properties of tropomyosin. Biochemistry. 2012;51:6413-20 pubmed
- Boggara M, Athmakuri K, Srivastava S, Cole R, Kane R. Characterization of the diffusion of epidermal growth factor receptor clusters by single particle tracking. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:419-26 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report probing the effect of the cytoskeleton on the diffusion of EGFR clusters in the membranes of live cells. ..
- George E, Palei A, Dent E, Granger J. Sildenafil attenuates placental ischemia-induced hypertension. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;305:R397-403 pubmed publisher..3 ± 0.1 pmol/?g protein; P < 0.05). These data suggest that sildenafil might provide an effective therapeutic option for the management of hypertension during preeclampsia. ..
- Singh V, Torricelli A, Nayeb Hashemi N, Agrawal V, Wilson S. Mouse strain variation in SMA(+) myofibroblast development after corneal injury. Exp Eye Res. 2013;115:27-30 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of genetics underlying mouse strain variation could provide insight into the corneal wound healing and haze generation processes. ..
- Kim T, Leibfried Rutledge M, First N. Gene transfer in bovine blastocysts using replication-defective retroviral vectors packaged with Gibbon ape leukemia virus envelopes. Mol Reprod Dev. 1993;35:105-13 pubmed..coli beta-galactosidase gene under a beta-actin internal promoter. In addition, co-culture of ICM cells with virus-producing cells resulted in differentiation of ICM cells into embryoid bodies expressing the marker genes...
- Gordon S, Buxar R. Inhibition of cytoskeletal reorganization stimulates actin and tubulin syntheses during injury-induced cell migration in the corneal endothelium. J Cell Biochem. 1997;67:409-21 pubmed..Disrupting this disassembly/reassembly process prevents cytoskeletal restructuring and leads to the subsequent initiation of actin and tubulin syntheses, as a result of increased transcriptional activity. ..
- Miller R, Matheos D, Rose M. The cortical localization of the microtubule orientation protein, Kar9p, is dependent upon actin and proteins required for polarization. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:963-75 pubmed..We conclude that Kar9p's function is specific for cytoplasmic microtubule orientation and that Kar9p's role in nuclear positioning is to coordinate the interactions between the actin and microtubule networks. ..
- Ojo Amaize E, Nchekwube E, Cottam H, Bai R, Verdier Pinard P, Kakkanaiah V, et al. Hypoestoxide, a natural nonmutagenic diterpenoid with antiangiogenic and antitumor activity: possible mechanisms of action. Cancer Res. 2002;62:4007-14 pubmed..Furthermore, HE inhibited endothelial cell migration on vitronectin, collagen, and fibronectin. Besides its activity as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, HE also has promise for the chemotherapy of cancer. ..
- Li Z, Hannigan M, Mo Z, Liu B, Lu W, Wu Y, et al. Directional sensing requires G beta gamma-mediated PAK1 and PIX alpha-dependent activation of Cdc42. Cell. 2003;114:215-27 pubmed..Although ligand-induced production of PIP(3) is not required for activation of this pathway, PIP(3) appears to localize the activation of Cdc42 by the pathway. ..
- Henry K, D hondt K, Chang J, Nix D, Cope M, Chan C, et al. The actin-regulating kinase Prk1p negatively regulates Scd5p, a suppressor of clathrin deficiency, in actin organization and endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1564-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that Prk1p, Ark1p, and Akl1p have different substrate specificities and play distinct roles in actin organization and endocytosis. ..
- Gvakharia B, Bebas P, Cymborowski B, Giebultowicz J. Disruption of sperm release from insect testes by cytochalasin and beta-actin mRNA mediated interference. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2003;60:1744-51 pubmed..Combined results of RNAi experiments at physiological, cellular and molecular levels identified unique cells that are critically involved in the mechanism of sperm release. ..
- Jones S, Lu H, Lu Q. Abl tyrosine kinase promotes dendrogenesis by inducing actin cytoskeletal rearrangements in cooperation with Rho family small GTPases in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8510-21 pubmed..Together, these studies support a critical role for Abl kinases in regulating dendrogenesis by inducing actin cytoskeletal rearrangements in cooperation with Rho GTPases. ..
- Warshaw D, Kennedy G, Work S, Krementsova E, Beck S, Trybus K. Differential labeling of myosin V heads with quantum dots allows direct visualization of hand-over-hand processivity. Biophys J. 2005;88:L30-2 pubmed
- Kim J, Fahad A, Shanmukhappa K, Kapil S. Defining the cellular target(s) of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus blocking monoclonal antibody 7G10. J Virol. 2006;80:689-96 pubmed..These results suggest that vimentin is part of the PRRSV receptor complex and that it plays an important role in PRRSV binding with the other cytoskeletal filaments that mediate transportation of the virus in the cytosol. ..
- Hanft L, Rybakova I, Patel J, Rafael Fortney J, Ervasti J. Cytoplasmic gamma-actin contributes to a compensatory remodeling response in dystrophin-deficient muscle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5385-90 pubmed..However, the presence of excessive myoplasmic gamma-actin may also contribute to altered cell signaling or gene expression in dystrophin-deficient muscle. ..
- Campbell K. Filament compliance effects can explain tension overshoots during force development. Biophys J. 2006;91:4102-9 pubmed..These results underline the importance of filament geometry and actin binding site availability in quantitative theories of muscle contraction. ..
- Lorenzen M, Kimzey T, Shippy T, Brown S, Denell R, Beeman R. piggyBac-based insertional mutagenesis in Tribolium castaneum using donor/helper hybrids. Insect Mol Biol. 2007;16:265-75 pubmed..The jumpstarter system described herein makes genome-wide, saturation insertional mutagenesis a realistic goal in this coleopteran species...
- Kamal J, Benchaar S, Takamoto K, Reisler E, Chance M. Three-dimensional structure of cofilin bound to monomeric actin derived by structural mass spectrometry data. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7910-5 pubmed..This 3D binary complex structure is derived from a combination of solution footprinting data and computational approaches and outlines a general method for determining the structure of such complexes. ..
- Willis D, van Niekerk E, Sasaki Y, Mesngon M, Merianda T, Williams G, et al. Extracellular stimuli specifically regulate localized levels of individual neuronal mRNAs. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:965-80 pubmed..Thus, extracellular ligands can regulate protein generation within subcellular regions by specifically altering the localized levels of particular mRNAs. ..
- Kandasamy M, Burgos Rivera B, McKinney E, Ruzicka D, Meagher R. Class-specific interaction of profilin and ADF isovariants with actin in the regulation of plant development. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3111-26 pubmed..Thus, the actins and ABPs appear to have evolved class-specific, protein-protein interactions that are essential to the normal regulation of plant growth and development. ..
- Ding Q, Gladson C, Wu H, Hayasaka H, Olman M. Focal adhesion kinase (FAK)-related non-kinase inhibits myofibroblast differentiation through differential MAPK activation in a FAK-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26839-49 pubmed publisher..These data further suggest that modulation FRNK expression may be a novel avenue for therapeutic intervention in tissue fibrosis. ..
- Mailankot M, Smith D, Howell S, Wang B, Jacobberger J, Stefan T, et al. Cell cycle arrest by kynurenine in lens epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5466-75 pubmed publisher..Modification of myosin II and gamma-actin by KYN may interfere with cytokinesis, leading to defective epithelial cell division and thus a decreased number of fiber cells. ..
- Bendezú F, Hale C, Bernhardt T, de Boer P. RodZ (YfgA) is required for proper assembly of the MreB actin cytoskeleton and cell shape in E. coli. EMBO J. 2009;28:193-204 pubmed publisher..Though one of these domains resembles a DNA-binding motif, our evidence indicates that it is primarily responsible for association of RodZ with the cytoskeleton. ..
- Chen S, Wang R, Li Q, Tang D. Abl knockout differentially affects p130 Crk-associated substrate, vinculin, and paxillin in blood vessels of mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H533-9 pubmed publisher..The Abl-regulated cellular process and blood pressure are independent of myosin activation in vascular smooth muscle. ..
- Zhang Y, He J, Lee D, McCormick S. Interdependence of endomembrane trafficking and actin dynamics during polarized growth of Arabidopsis pollen tubes. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:2200-10 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence of cross talk between endomembrane trafficking and the actin cytoskeleton in pollen tubes. ..
- Myrna K, Mendonsa R, Russell P, Pot S, Liliensiek S, Jester J, et al. Substratum topography modulates corneal fibroblast to myofibroblast transformation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:811-6 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of topographic cues on TGF?-induced myofibroblast transformation of corneal cells...
- Bid H, Oswald D, Li C, London C, Lin J, Houghton P. Anti-angiogenic activity of a small molecule STAT3 inhibitor LLL12. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35513 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence that LLL12 effectively inhibits tumor angiogenesis both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- BRUSES J. Cell surface localization of ?3?4 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors is regulated by N-cadherin homotypic binding and actomyosin contractility. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62435 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that actomyosin contractility downstream of N-cadherin homotypic binding regulates the cell surface localization of ?3?4 nAChRs presumably through interactions with a particular pool of F-actin. ..
- Roguljić H, Matthews B, Yang W, Cvija H, Mina M, Kalajzic I. In vivo identification of periodontal progenitor cells. J Dent Res. 2013;92:709-15 pubmed publisher..SMA9-labeled cells represent a source of progenitors that can give rise to mature osteoblasts, cementoblasts, and fibroblasts within the periodontium. ..
- DeFife K, Jenney C, Colton E, Anderson J. Disruption of filamentous actin inhibits human macrophage fusion. FASEB J. 1999;13:823-32 pubmed..DeFife, K. M., Jenney, C. R., Colton, E., Anderson, J. M. Disruption of filamentous actin inhibits human macrophage fusion. ..
- Hernandez R, Wescott G, Mayhew M, McJilton M, Terrian D. Biochemical and morphogenic effects of the interaction between protein kinase C-epsilon and actin in vitro and in cultured NIH3T3 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2001;83:532-46 pubmed
- Merrifield C, Feldman M, Wan L, Almers W. Imaging actin and dynamin recruitment during invagination of single clathrin-coated pits. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:691-8 pubmed..Therefore, dynamin may provide the trigger and actin may provide the force for movement into the cytosol. ..
- Rosenfeld S, Xing J, Chen L, Sweeney H. Myosin IIb is unconventionally conventional. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27449-55 pubmed
- VanCompernolle S, Clark K, Rummel K, Todd S. Expression and function of formyl peptide receptors on human fibroblast cells. J Immunol. 2003;171:2050-6 pubmed..This first report of a functional formyl peptide receptor in cells of fibroblast origin opens new possibilities for the role of fibroblasts in innate immune responses. ..
- Koumas L, Smith T, Feldon S, Blumberg N, Phipps R. Thy-1 expression in human fibroblast subsets defines myofibroblastic or lipofibroblastic phenotypes. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:1291-300 pubmed
- Kinosian H, Selden L, Gershman L, Estes J. Non-muscle actin filament elongation from complexes of profilin with nucleotide-free actin and divalent cation-free ATP-actin. Biochemistry. 2004;43:6253-60 pubmed..Thus, the data in this present report support our earlier hypothesis. ..
- Collier S, Lee H, Burgess R, Adler P. The WD40 repeat protein fritz links cytoskeletal planar polarity to frizzled subcellular localization in the Drosophila epidermis. Genetics. 2005;169:2035-45 pubmed..We show that the fritz gene product functions cell-autonomously downstream of the core PCP proteins to regulate both the location and the number of wing cell prehair initiation sites. ..
- Tateya I, Tateya T, Lim X, Sohn J, Bless D. Cell production in injured vocal folds: a rat study. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2006;115:135-43 pubmed..To reveal the characteristics of vocal fold cell production, we investigated cell proliferation in the acute phase of wound healing...
- Gomez T, McCarney S, Carrizosa E, Labno C, Comiskey E, Nolz J, et al. HS1 functions as an essential actin-regulatory adaptor protein at the immune synapse. Immunity. 2006;24:741-52 pubmed..Taken together, our studies show that HS1 is indispensable for signaling events leading to actin assembly and IL-2 production during T cell activation. ..
- Tong Y, Chugha P, Hota P, Alviani R, Li M, Tempel W, et al. Binding of Rac1, Rnd1, and RhoD to a novel Rho GTPase interaction motif destabilizes dimerization of the plexin-B1 effector domain. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37215-24 pubmed..The model implies a multifunctional role for the GTPase-plexin interaction that includes conformational change and a localization of active receptors in the signaling mechanism. ..
- Hodges A, Krementsova E, Trybus K. She3p binds to the rod of yeast myosin V and prevents it from dimerizing, forming a single-headed motor complex. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6906-14 pubmed publisher..quot; We propose that continuous transport of mRNA by Myo4p-She3p in yeast is accomplished either by multiple high duty cycle monomers or by molecules that may be dimerized by She2p, the homodimeric downstream binding partner of She3p. ..
- Qi J, Dai G, Luthert P, Chaurasia S, Hollyfield J, Weber B, et al. S156C mutation in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 induces increased angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19927-36 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanism(s) by which mutant TIMP-3 can induce abnormal neovascularization provides important insight into the pathophysiology of a number of diseases with increased angiogenesis. ..
- Kondrikov D, Elms S, Fulton D, Su Y. eNOS-beta-actin interaction contributes to increased peroxynitrite formation during hyperoxia in pulmonary artery endothelial cells and mouse lungs. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35479-87 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that increased association of eNOS with ?-actin in PAEC contributes to hyperoxia-induced increase in the production of peroxynitrite which may cause nitrosative stress in pulmonary vasculature. ..
- Sun Y, Li Y, Luo D, Liao D. Pseudogenes as weaknesses of ACTB (Actb) and GAPDH (Gapdh) used as reference genes in reverse transcription and polymerase chain reactions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41659 pubmed publisher..We also propose a standard operation procedure in which design of primers for RT-PCR starts from avoiding mis-priming PGs and all primers need be tested for specificity with both cDNA and gDNA. ..
- Corena McLeod M, Walss Bass C, Oliveros A, Gordillo Villegas A, Ceballos C, Charlesworth C, et al. New model of action for mood stabilizers: phosphoproteome from rat pre-frontal cortex synaptoneurosomal preparations. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52147 pubmed publisher..The implications of these findings will contribute to novel insights regarding clinical treatment and the mode of action of these drugs. ..
- Navratil A, Dozier M, Whitesell J, Clay C, Roberson M. Role of cortactin in dynamic actin remodeling events in gonadotrope cells. Endocrinology. 2014;155:548-57 pubmed publisher..The reorganization of actin by cortactin potentially underlies GnRHa-induced secretory events within ?T3-1 cells. ..