Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acetylcholine in Argentina
- Hib J. The in vivo effects of autonomic drugs and electroejaculation on prostate gland contractility in the rat. Andrologia. 1988;20:289-94 pubmed..The effects of acetylcholine were blocked by atropine, indicating that they are of the muscarinic type. The excitatory response of the prostate to electroejaculation appeared to be resistant to blockade by phentolamine and atropine. ..
- Katz E, Elgoyhen A, Gómez Casati M, Knipper M, Vetter D, Fuchs P, et al. Developmental regulation of nicotinic synapses on cochlear inner hair cells. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7814-20 pubmed..Furthermore, this developmental knock-out of alpha10, but not alpha9, supports the hypothesis that functional nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in hair cells are heteromers containing both these subunits. ..
- Plazas P, De Rosa M, Gómez Casati M, Verbitsky M, Weisstaub N, Katz E, et al. Key roles of hydrophobic rings of TM2 in gating of the alpha9alpha10 nicotinic cholinergic receptor. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;145:963-74 pubmed..These differences might be originated from slight differential intramolecular rearrangements during gating for the different receptors and might lead each nAChR to be in tune with their physiological roles. ..
- Perez Bay A, Ibañez L, Marengo F. Rapid recovery of releasable vesicles and formation of nonreleasable endosomes follow intense exocytosis in chromaffin cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1509-22 pubmed
- Lipovsek M, Im G, Franchini L, Pisciottano F, Katz E, Fuchs P, et al. Phylogenetic differences in calcium permeability of the auditory hair cell cholinergic nicotinic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4308-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that high Ca(2+) permeability of the ?9?10 cholinergic nicotinic receptor might have evolved together with other features that have given the mammalian ear an expanded high-frequency sensitivity...
- Salamone G, Lombardi G, Gori S, Nahmod K, Jancic C, Amaral M, et al. Cholinergic modulation of dendritic cell function. J Neuroimmunol. 2011;236:47-56 pubmed publisher..These results support the existence of an autocrine/paracrine loop through which ACh modulates the function of DCs. ..
- De Lorenzo S, Veggetti M, Muchnik S, Losavio A. Presynaptic inhibition of spontaneous acetylcholine release mediated by P2Y receptors at the mouse neuromuscular junction. Neuroscience. 2006;142:71-85 pubmed..We also demonstrated that at increasing degrees of membrane depolarization evoked by K(+), endogenously released ATP induces presynaptic inhibition as a means of preventing excessive neurotransmitter secretion. ..
- Boccia M, Blake M, Acosta G, Baratti C. Post-retrieval effects of icv infusions of hemicholinium in mice are dependent on the age of the original memory. Learn Mem. 2006;13:376-81 pubmed..This implies that the vulnerability of a reactivated memory to a specific treatment, as the one used in this study, inversely correlates with the age of the original memory, and it is likely to determine memory reconsolidation processes...
- Gumilar F, Arias H, Spitzmaul G, Bouzat C. Molecular mechanisms of inhibition of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by tricyclic antidepressants. Neuropharmacology. 2003;45:964-76 pubmed
- Uchitel O, Engel A, Walls T, Nagel A, Atassi M, Bril V. Congenital myasthenic syndromes: II. Syndrome attributed to abnormal interaction of acetylcholine with its receptor. Muscle Nerve. 1993;16:1293-301 pubmed