Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acclimatization in Belgium
- Ceusters J, Borland A, Londers E, Verdoodt V, Godts C, De Proft M. Differential usage of storage carbohydrates in the CAM bromeliad Aechmea 'Maya' during acclimation to drought and recovery from dehydration. Physiol Plant. 2009;135:174-84 pubmed publisher..The conservation of starch for the nocturnal reactions might be adaptive with regard to responding efficiently to a return of water stress. ..
- Colinet H, Lee S, Hoffmann A. Knocking down expression of Hsp22 and Hsp23 by RNA interference affects recovery from chill coma in Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2010;213:4146-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that both Hsp22 and Hsp23 play important roles in the recovery from chill coma in adult males, and suggest that these contribute to adaptive responses to fluctuating thermal conditions. ..
- Rider M, Hussain N, Dilworth S, Storey J, Storey K. AMP-activated protein kinase and metabolic regulation in cold-hardy insects. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1453-62 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study suggests a re-sculpting of metabolism during insect diapause, which shifted to a more catabolic poise in freeze-avoiding overwintering Epiblema larvae, possibly involving AMPK. ..
- Martel A, Spitzen van der Sluijs A, Blooi M, Bert W, Ducatelle R, Fisher M, et al. Batrachochytrium salamandrivorans sp. nov. causes lethal chytridiomycosis in amphibians. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15325-9 pubmed publisher..salamandrivorans, compared with B. dendrobatidis, and resistance of midwife toads (Alytes obstetricans) to experimental infection with B. salamandrivorans suggest differential niche occupation of the two chytrid fungi. ..
- Van Hoeck A, Horemans N, Nauts R, Van Hees M, Vandenhove H, Blust R. Lemna minor plants chronically exposed to ionising radiation: RNA-seq analysis indicates a dose rate dependent shift from acclimation to survival strategies. Plant Sci. 2017;257:84-95 pubmed publisher..minor plants among the tested dose rates. This study, supported by our earlier work, clearly indicates that plants shift from acclimation responses towards survival responses at increasing dose rates of ionising radiation. ..
- Falisse E, Voisin A, Silvestre F. Impacts of triclosan exposure on zebrafish early-life stage: Toxicity and acclimation mechanisms. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:97-107 pubmed publisher..This research highlighted oxidative stress and neurotoxicity as major toxicity mechanisms of TCS during development. ..