Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Locale: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Abd El Meseeh N, El Shaarawy E, AlDomairy A, Sehly R. Changes in rat testis morphology and androgen receptor expression around the age of puberty. Ann Anat. 2016;205:37-44 pubmed publisher..Sertoli cells show a linear increase of AR expression throughout life, while Leydig cells show a peak at the age of puberty. ..
- Omar H, Mohamed W, Arafa E, Shehata B, El Sherbiny G, Arab H, et al. Hesperidin alleviates cisplatin-induced hepatotoxicity in rats without inhibiting its antitumor activity. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:349-56 pubmed publisher..Hesperidin decreased cisplatin-induced functional and histopathological liver damage in a dose-dependent manner without affecting its potential cytotoxic effect. ..
- Sayed Ahmed M, Salman T, Gaballah H, Abou El Naga S, Nicolai R, Calvani M. Propionyl-L-carnitine as protector against adriamycin-induced cardiomyopathy. Pharmacol Res. 2001;43:513-20 pubmed
- Ahmed H, El Aziem S, Abdel Wahhab M. Potential role of cysteine and methionine in the protection against hormonal imbalance and mutagenicity induced by furazolidone in female rats. Toxicology. 2008;243:31-42 pubmed..The current study is casting new light on the complex mechanisms underlying the ameliorating action of dietary L-cysteine and L-methionine against FUZ toxicity in experimental animals. ..
- Salam O, Sleem A, Omara E, Hassan N. Hepatoprotective effects of misoprostol and silymarin on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic damage in rats. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2009;23:179-88 pubmed publisher..7%). These results indicate that treatment with misoprostol protects against hepatocellular necrosis induced by CCl(4). This study suggests a potential therapeutic use for misoprostol in liver injury. ..
- El Shehry M, Abu Hashem A, El Telbani E. Synthesis of 3-((2,4-dichlorophenoxy)methyl)-1,2,4-triazolo(thiadiazoles and thiadiazines) as anti-inflammatory and molluscicidal agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:1906-11 pubmed publisher..The compounds 4b, 4d, 11 and 14 showed potent anti-inflammatory activities in dose dependent manner while compounds 3, 4b, 8 and 10 exhibited promising molluscicidal activities. ..
- El Denshary E, Al Gahazali M, Mannaa F, Salem H, Hassan N, Abdel Wahhab M. Dietary honey and ginseng protect against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatonephrotoxicity in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2012;64:753-60 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the protective activity of honey and KGE may have been related to their antioxidant properties. ..
- El Alfy T, Ezzat S, Sleem A. Chemical and biological study of the seeds of Eragrostis tef (Zucc.) Trotter. Nat Prod Res. 2012;26:619-29 pubmed publisher..83%). The ethanolic extract and fixed oil of the seeds exhibited anti-hyperlipedaemic and anti-hyperglycaemic activities. Oral administration of the fixed oil for 10 days resulted in a rise in serum calcium levels in rats...
- Mantawy E, Tadros M, Awad A, Hassan D, El Demerdash E. Insights antifibrotic mechanism of methyl palmitate: impact on nuclear factor kappa B and proinflammatory cytokines. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;258:134-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively these findings indicate that MP possesses a potent antifibrotic effect which may be partly a consequence of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. ..
- Al Olayan E, El Khadragy M, Omer S, Shata M, Kassab R, Abdel Moneim A. The Beneficial Effect of Cape Gooseberry Juice on Carbon Tetrachloride- Induced Neuronal Damage. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2016;15:344-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that physalis juice could be effective in preventing neurotoxicity and the neuroprotective effect of physalis might be mediated via antioxidant and anti-apoptosis activities. ..
- Abd El Haleim E, Bahgat A, Saleh S. Effects of combined PPAR-Î³ and PPAR-Î± agonist therapy on fructose induced NASH in rats: Modulation of gene expression. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;773:59-70 pubmed publisher..In Conclusion, dual activation of PPAR-Î³ and PPAR-Î± has remarkable effect in ameliorating NASH by modulation of some hepatic and adipose tissue genes expressions. ..
- Ramadan B, Schaalan M, Tolba A. Hypoglycemic and pancreatic protective effects of Portulaca oleracea extract in alloxan induced diabetic rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:37 pubmed publisher..Thus, stimulation of Portulaca oleracea signaling in β- cells may be a novel therapeutic strategy for diabetes prevention. ..
- Saada H, Ussama Z, Mahdy A. Effectiveness of Aloe vera on the antioxidant status of different tissues in irradiated rats. Pharmazie. 2003;58:929-31 pubmed..It could be concluded that the synergistic relationship between the elements found in the leaf of Aloe vera could be a useful adjunct for maintaining the integrity of the antioxidant status. ..
- Abdel Wahhab M, Aly S. Antioxidant property of Nigella sativa (black cumin) and Syzygium aromaticum (clove) in rats during aflatoxicosis. J Appl Toxicol. 2005;25:218-23 pubmed..Moreover, Nigella sativa oil was found to be more effective than Syzygium aromaticum oil in restoring the parameters that were altered by aflatoxin in rats...
- Saleh S, El Demerdash E. Protective effects of L-arginine against cisplatin-induced renal oxidative stress and toxicity: role of nitric oxide. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2005;97:91-7 pubmed..Furthermore, L-arginine shows nephroprotective effects and might be useful in improving the therapeutic index of cisplatin. ..
- Awad A. Role of AT1 receptors in permeability of the blood-brain barrier in diabetic hypertensive rats. Vascul Pharmacol. 2006;45:141-7 pubmed
- Zaki N, Awad G, Mortada N, Abd Elhady S. Enhanced bioavailability of metoclopramide HCl by intranasal administration of a mucoadhesive in situ gel with modulated rheological and mucociliary transport properties. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2007;32:296-307 pubmed..1% in case of the nasal in situ gel. The study point to the potential of mucoadhesive nasal in situ gel in terms of ease of administration, accuracy of dosing, prolonged nasal residence and improved drug bioavailability...
- Ammar H, Ghorab M, El Nahhas S, Higazy I. Proniosomes as a carrier system for transdermal delivery of tenoxicam. Int J Pharm. 2011;405:142-52 pubmed publisher..The investigated tenoxicam loaded proniosomal formula proved to be non-irritant, with significantly higher anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects compared to that of the oral market tenoxicam tablets. ..
- Sadik N. Chemopreventive efficacy of green tea drinking against 1,2-dimethyl hydrazine-induced rat colon carcinogenesis. Cell Biochem Funct. 2013;31:196-207 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that green tea exerts a potent chemopreventive effect on colon carcinogenesis possibly due to the inhibition of NF-?B. ..
- Abouzid K, Khalil N, Ahmed E, Zaitone S. Synthesis and biological evaluation of new heteroaryl carboxylic acid derivatives as anti-inflammatory-analgesic agents. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2013;61:222-8 pubmed..Compounds 1c, 2a, 2b, and 5a have shown potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities. ..
- Nagib M, Tadros M, Elsayed M, Khalifa A. Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activities of olmesartan medoxomil ameliorate experimental colitis in rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;271:106-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that olmesartan medoxomil may be effective in the treatment of UC through its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. ..
- Badawi A, El Laithy H, Nesseem D, El Husseney S. Pharmaceutical and medical aspects of hyaluronic acid-ketorolac combination therapy in osteoarthritis treatment: radiographic imaging and bone mineral density. J Drug Target. 2013;21:551-63 pubmed publisher..Application of K8 membrane was able to preserve KT plasma concentration above its minimum effective concentration for 48 h therefore, would able to replace six commercial tablets each of 10 mg KT. ..
- El Rafie H, El Rafie M, AbdElsalam H, El Sayed W. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory finishing of cotton by microencapsulation using three marine organisms. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;86:59-64 pubmed publisher..coli) and Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). The anti-inflammatory activity, the potency% reached to 88.3% for the fabric encapsulated with microcapsules of sodium alginate/H. stipulacea sea grass and the EnF/CA. ..
- Abdel Aziz A, El Azab A, Abou Zeid L, ElTahir K, Abdel Aziz N, Ayyad R, et al. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and COX-1/2 inhibition activities of anilides based on 5,5-diphenylimidazolidine-2,4-dione scaffold: Molecular docking studies. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;115:121-31 pubmed publisher..These potent COX-2 inhibitors 9, 10, 13, and 14 were docked into the active site pocket of COX-2 to explore the binding mode and possible interactions of these ligands. ..
- Galal S, Abdelsamie A, Shouman S, Attia Y, Ali H, Tabll A, et al. Part I: Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel pyrazole-benzimidazole conjugates as checkpoint kinase 2 (Chk2) inhibitors with studying their activities alone and in combination with genotoxic drugs. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:392-405 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pyrazole-benzimidazole conjugates are highly active Chk2 inhibitors that have anticancer activity and potentiate activity of genotoxic anticancer therapies and deserve further evaluations. ..
- Badary O, Taha R, Gamal el Din A, Abdel Wahab M. Thymoquinone is a potent superoxide anion scavenger. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2003;26:87-98 pubmed..The results suggest that both TQ and TBHQ have strong antioxidant potentials through scavenging ability of different free radicals. Moreover, the data indicate that TQ is acting mainly as a potent superoxide anion scavenger. ..
- El Demerdash E, Salam O, El Batran S, Abdallah H, Shaffie N. Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system attenuates the development of liver fibrosis and oxidative stress in rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;35:159-67 pubmed..These hepatoprotective effects can be explained on the basis of anti-oxidant and antifibrotic mechanisms, mainly enhancement of GSH and reduction of lipid peroxidation and fibrosis. ..
- Mansour S, Mossa A, Heikal T. Effects of methomyl on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in rat erythrocytes: in vitro studies. Toxicol Ind Health. 2009;25:557-63 pubmed publisher..The response occurred in a concentration-dependent manner. The study suggested that methomyl has the capability to induce oxidative damage as evidenced by increasing LPO and perturbations in various antioxidant enzymes...
- Abdallah D. Nicotinamide alleviates indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers: a novel antiulcer agent. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;627:276-80 pubmed publisher..Gastroprotection afforded by nicotinamide is possibly mediated by conservation of gastric mucus, as well as nitric oxide contents, enhanced gastric microvascular permeability, and its antioxidant properties. ..
- Hassan A, Mohamed S, El Nekeety A, Hassan N, Abdel Wahhab M. Aquilegia vulgaris L. extract counteracts oxidative stress and cytotoxicity of fumonisin in rats. Toxicon. 2010;56:8-18 pubmed publisher..It could be concluded that the ethanol extract of A. vulgaris induced its protective effect via the increase in the antioxidant capacity, inhibition of lipid peroxidation and scavenging of free radicals...
- El Rouby D. Histological and immunohistochemical evaluation of the chemopreventive role of lycopene in tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxide. Arch Oral Biol. 2011;56:664-71 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to provide more definitive answers to the question of the anticancer effects of lycopene. ..
- Awad A, El Sharif A. Curcumin immune-mediated and anti-apoptotic mechanisms protect against renal ischemia/reperfusion and distant organ induced injuries. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:992-6 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we concluded that curcumin protects the kidneys and other vital organs against I/R injury via immune-mediated and the new identified anti-apoptotic mechanisms. ..
- El Boghdady N. Protective effect of ellagic acid and pumpkin seed oil against methotrexate-induced small intestine damage in rats. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2011;48:380-7 pubmed
- Hosny Mansour H, Farouk Hafez H. Protective effect of Withania somnifera against radiation-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;80:14-9 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that WS could be developed as a potential preventive drug for ionizing irradiation induced hepatotoxicity disorders via enhancing the antioxidant activity and induction of HO-1. ..
- Edfawy M, Hassan M, Mansour A, Hamed A, Amin H. Meloxicam modulates oxidative stress status, inhibits prostaglandin E2, and abrogates apoptosis in carbon tetrachloride-induced rat hepatic injury. Int J Toxicol. 2012;31:276-86 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated the hepatoprotective utility of MEL against the CCl(4)-induced liver injury which might ascribe to its antioxidant, free radical scavenging, antiapoptotic and anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- El Khouly D, El Bakly W, Awad A, El Mesallamy H, El Demerdash E. Thymoquinone blocks lung injury and fibrosis by attenuating bleomycin-induced oxidative stress and activation of nuclear factor Kappa-B in rats. Toxicology. 2012;302:106-13 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, histopathological examination confirmed the antifibrotic effect of TQ. Collectively these findings indicate that TQ has potential antifibrotic effect beside its antioxidant activity that could be through NF-?B inhibition. ..
- Breikaa R, Algandaby M, El Demerdash E, Abdel Naim A. Biochanin A protects against acute carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:909-16 pubmed..The study indicates that BCA possesses multimechanistic hepatoprotective activity that can be attributed to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immunomodulatory actions. ..
- Abdel Wahhab M, Ahmed H, Hagazi M. Prevention of aflatoxin B1-initiated hepatotoxicity in rat by marine algae extracts. J Appl Toxicol. 2006;26:229-38 pubmed..Cotreatment with AFB(1) and E1 or E2 resulted in an obvious improvement in all tested parameters. Noteworthy, E2 was more effective than E1 in the protection against AFB(1)-induced hepatotoxicity...
- Mohamadin A, Hammad L, El Bab M, Gawad H. Can nitric oxide-generating compounds improve the oxidative stress response in experimentally diabetic rats?. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:586-93 pubmed..The beneficial effects of NO-generating compounds can be attributed to the generation of NO and/or enhanced anti-oxidant enzyme activities. ..
- Ahmed H, Elmegeed G, El Sayed E, Abd Elhalim M, Shousha W, Shafic R. Potent neuroprotective role of novel melatonin derivatives for management of central neuropathy induced by acrylamide in rats. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:5452-9 pubmed publisher..It could be concluded that the new synthesized melatonin derivatives exhibited promising protective activity against ACR-induced neurotoxicity...
- Mansour S, Mossa A. Adverse effects of exposure to low doses of chlorpyrifos in lactating rats. Toxicol Ind Health. 2011;27:213-24 pubmed publisher..At high dose of CPF (1.35 mg kg(-1) b.wt.), total protein and uric acid levels were significantly increased. CPF caused dose-related histopathological changes in liver and kidney of the CPF-treated dams. ..
- El Nekeety A, Mohamed S, Hathout A, Hassan N, Aly S, Abdel Wahhab M. Antioxidant properties of Thymus vulgaris oil against aflatoxin-induce oxidative stress in male rats. Toxicon. 2011;57:984-91 pubmed publisher..It could be concluded that the essential oil of T. vulgaris has a potential antioxidant activity and a protective effect against AFs toxicity and this protection was dose dependent. ..
- Mahdy K, Shaker O, Wafay H, Nassar Y, Hassan H, Hussein A. Effect of some medicinal plant extracts on the oxidative stress status in Alzheimer's disease induced in rats. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2012;16 Suppl 3:31-42 pubmed..Noteworthy, Salvia triloba extract showed more interest in improvement Alzheimer's disease in rats. ..
- Saad S, Agha A, Amrin A. Effect of bromazepam on stress-induced gastric ulcer in rats and its relation to brain neurotransmitters. Pharmacol Res. 2001;44:495-501 pubmed
- Abdel Salam O, Sleem A, Morsy F. Effects of biphenyldimethyl-dicarboxylate administration alone or combined with silymarin in the CCL4 model of liver fibrosis in rats. ScientificWorldJournal. 2007;7:1242-55 pubmed..It is suggested, therefore, that DDB alone or in combination with silymarin might prove of benefit in the therapy of chronic liver disease. Monitoring of kidney functions in patients taking DDB is warranted. ..
- Tadros M, Mohamed M, Youssef A, Sabry G, Sabry N, Khalifa A. Proapoptotic and prepulse inhibition (PPI) disrupting effects of Hypericum perforatum in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;122:561-6 pubmed publisher..The exacerbating effect of St. John's wort extract on PPI deficit may provide a limitation for using the extract to manage cognitive disturbance in psychotic and Huntington's disease patients manifesting PPI deficit. ..
- Fahmy S, Hamdi S. Curative effect of the Egyptian marine Erugosquilla massavensis extract on carbon tetrachloride-induced oxidative stress in rat liver and erythrocytes. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2011;15:303-12 pubmed..The results of the present study, suggested that, the MCE could protect the liver and erythrocytes injuries perhaps, by its antioxidative effect, hence eliminating the deleterious effect of toxic metabolites from CCl4. ..
- Omara E, Nada S, Farrag A, Sharaf W, El Toumy S. Therapeutic effect of Acacia nilotica pods extract on streptozotocin induced diabetic nephropathy in rat. Phytomedicine. 2012;19:1059-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the antioxidant and antihyperglycemic properties of Acacia nilotica extract may offer a potential therapeutic source for the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Salem A, Mohammaden T, Ali M, Mohamed E, Hasan H. Ellagic and ferulic acids alleviate gamma radiation and aluminium chloride-induced oxidative damage. Life Sci. 2016;160:2-11 pubmed publisher..Oral administration of EA and/or FA may be useful for ameliorating ? radiation and/or AlCl3-induced oxidative damage. ..
- Mansour H, Hafez H, Fahmy N. Silymarin modulates Cisplatin-induced oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity in rats. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;39:656-61 pubmed..The results obtained suggested that silymarin significantly attenuated the hepatotoxicity as an indirect target of CDDP in an animal model of CDDP-induced nephrotoxicity. ..
- Tadros M, Mohamed M, Youssef A, Sabry G, Sabry N, Khalifa A. Involvement of serotoninergic 5-HT1A/2A, alpha-adrenergic and dopaminergic D1 receptors in St. John's wort-induced prepulse inhibition deficit: a possible role of hyperforin. Behav Brain Res. 2009;199:334-9 pubmed publisher..John's wort extract on PPI response in rats. We can also conclude that hyperforin, and not hypericin, is one of the active ingredients responsible for St. John's wort-induced PPI disruption with no relation to apoptotic processes. ..
- El Setouhy D, El Ashmony S. Ketorolac trometamol topical formulations: release behaviour, physical characterization, skin permeation, efficacy and gastric safety. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2010;62:25-34 pubmed publisher..The developed ketorolac trometamol E7 emulgel appeared promising for dermal and transdermal delivery of ketorolac trometamol, which would circumvent most of the problems associated with drug therapy. ..
- Motawi T, Rizk S, Shehata A. Effects of curcumin and Ginkgo biloba on matrix metalloproteinases gene expression and other biomarkers of inflammatory bowel disease. J Physiol Biochem. 2012;68:529-39 pubmed publisher..IBD induction significantly increased all measured parameters. Treated groups had significantly lower levels when compared with the IBD group. In conclusion, curcumin and ginkgo were effective in prevention and treatment of IBD...
- Mansour S, El Marakby S, Moawed F. Ameliorative effects of rutin on hepatic encephalopathy-induced by thioacetamide or gamma irradiation. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;172:20-27 pubmed publisher..Consequently, rutin has been a powerful hepatoprotective effect to combat hepatic encephalopathy associated hyperammonemia and its consequential damage in liver and brain. ..
- Abdel Salam O, Nofal S, el Shenawy S. Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive effects of different antidepressants in the rat. Pharmacol Res. 2003;48:157-65 pubmed..Taken together, data in the present study confirm anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive effect for some antidepressant drugs and indicate that SSRIs differently affects inflammation. ..
- Shaarawy S, Tohamy A, Elgendy S, Elmageed Z, Bahnasy A, Mohamed M, et al. Protective effects of garlic and silymarin on NDEA-induced rats hepatotoxicity. Int J Biol Sci. 2009;5:549-57 pubmed..These novel findings suggest that silymarin and garlic have a synergistic effect, and could be used as hepatoprotective agents against hepatotoxicity. ..
- El Abhar H. Coenzyme Q10: a novel gastroprotective effect via modulation of vascular permeability, prostaglandin E?, nitric oxide and redox status in indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer model. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;649:314-9 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, maintaining gastric mucus content is ruled out. ..
- Elsayed A, Abdelghany T, Akool E, Abdel Aziz A, Abdel Bakky M. All-trans retinoic acid potentiates cisplatin-induced kidney injury in rats: impact of retinoic acid signaling pathway. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2016;389:327-37 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings indicate that co-administration of ATRA with CDDP, although beneficial on the therapeutic effects, their deleterious effects on the kidney may limit their clinical use. ..
- Khaleel S, Alzokaky A, Raslan N, Alwakeel A, Abd El Aziz H, Abd Allah A. Lansoprazole halts contrast induced nephropathy through activation of Nrf2 pathway in rats. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;270:33-40 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the potential benefit of incorporating lansoprazole in the protective regimen against CIN especially for susceptible patients. ..
- El Beshbishy H. Hepatoprotective effect of green tea (Camellia sinensis) extract against tamoxifen-induced liver injury in rats. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;38:563-70 pubmed..5 % GTE has the capacity to scavenge free radical and can protect against oxidative stress induced by TAM intoxication. Supplementation of GTE could be useful in alleviating tamoxifen-induced liver injury in rats...
- Mohamad R, El Bastawesy A, Zekry Z, Al Mehdar H, Al Said M, Aly S, et al. The role of Curcuma longa against doxorubicin (adriamycin)-induced toxicity in rats. J Med Food. 2009;12:394-402 pubmed publisher..The present findings conclude that the turmeric extract has multiple therapeutic activities that block the cardiac, hepatic, and renal toxicities induced by DOX, and it also possibly acts as a free radical scavenger. ..
- Gad A, Khadrawy Y, El Nekeety A, Mohamed S, Hassan N, Abdel Wahhab M. Antioxidant activity and hepatoprotective effects of whey protein and Spirulina in rats. Nutrition. 2011;27:582-9 pubmed publisher..This prevention was more pronounced in rats receiving the combination of WPC and Spirulina. Whey protein concentrate and Spirulina have free radical scavenging properties and antioxidant activity. ..
- Abd El Fattah A, El Sawalhi M, Rashed E, El Ghazaly M. Possible role of vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and rutin in protection against cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in irradiated rats. Int J Radiat Biol. 2010;86:1070-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that supplementation with either vitamin E, CoQ10 or rutin ameliorated most of the biochemical changes induced by I/R in irradiated rat brain and serum. ..
- Nasr M, Taha I, Hathout R. Suitability of liposomal carriers for systemic delivery of risedronate using the pulmonary route. Drug Deliv. 2013;20:311-8 pubmed publisher..Cationic REVs is a promising carrier for systemic delivery of RS for treatment of bone resorptive diseases. ..
- Tork O, Khaleel E, Abdelmaqsoud O. Altered Cell to Cell Communication, Autophagy and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Model of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Potential Protective Effects of Curcumin and Stem Cell Therapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:8271-9 pubmed..Administration of curcumin and/or MSCs have tumor suppressive effects as they can target these mechanisms. However, further research is still needed to verify their effectiveness. ..
- Ammar H, Ghorab M, El Nahhas S, Kamel R. Design of a transdermal delivery system for aspirin as an antithrombotic drug. Int J Pharm. 2006;327:81-8 pubmed..Biological performance was re-assessed after storage and the results revealed stability and persistent therapeutic efficacy. ..
- El Gengaihi S, Hassan E, Hamed M, Zahran H, Mohammed M. Chemical composition and biological evaluation of Physalis peruviana root as hepato-renal protective agent. J Diet Suppl. 2013;10:39-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, P. peruviana succeeded in protecting the liver and kidney against fibrosis. Further studies are needed to discern their pharmacological applications and clinical uses...
- Alsharabasy A, Moghannem S, El Mazny W. Physical preparation of alginate/chitosan polyelectrolyte complexes for biomedical applications. J Biomater Appl. 2016;30:1071-9 pubmed publisher..This complex in the form of hydrogel could enhance the proliferation of cells inÂ vitro and the healing efficiency with accelerating the wound closure rate as evidenced through the histological observations. ..
- Singab A, Youssef D, Noaman E, Kotb S. Hepatoprotective effect of flavonol glycosides rich fraction from Egyptian Vicia calcarata Desf. against CCl4-induced liver damage in rats. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:791-8 pubmed..The data obtained from this study revealed that the flavonol glycosides of F-2 protect the rat liver from hepatic damage induced by CCl4 through inhibition of lipid peroxidation caused by CCl4 reactive free radicals...
- Sadik N, Shaker O. Dietary folate suppresses DMH-induced colon carcinogenesis in a rat model and affects DMH-induced expression of four DNA repair enzymes. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64:1196-203 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that folate supplementation exerts a potent protective effect on rat colon carcinogenesis via significant modulation of DNA repair, providing a mechanism by which it plays a role in the etiology of human cancer...
- Abdel Aziem S, Hassan A, Abdel Wahhab M. Dietary supplementation with whey protein and ginseng extract counteracts oxidative stress and DNA damage in rats fed an aflatoxin-contaminated diet. Mutat Res. 2011;723:65-71 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that the genotoxicity of aflatoxins can be in part prevented by dietary supplementation with WPC, KGE or their combination. ..
- Zaher N, Rashed E, El Ghazaly M. Semi-synthetic thymoquinone analogs: new prototypes as potential antihyperlipidemics in irradiated rats. Future Med Chem. 2017;9:1483-1493 pubmed publisher..TQ derivatives (4-7), could be considered as promising agents in pathologies implicating impaired lipid metabolism, preclinical evaluation is warranted. [Formula: see text]. ..
- Abdou W, Ganoub N, Geronikaki A, Sabry E. Synthesis, properties, and perspectives of gem-diphosphono substituted-thiazoles. Eur J Med Chem. 2008;43:1015-24 pubmed..Prediction and the in vivo activity of the products in the rat adjuvant model are also discussed in terms of structure-activity relationships (SAR)...
- Bahgat A, Abdel Aziz H, Raafat M, Mahdy A, El Khatib A, Ismail A, et al. Solanum indicum ssp. distichum extract is effective against L-NAME-induced hypertension in rats. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2008;22:693-9 pubmed publisher..Other constituents may be responsible for the antihypertensive action. The findings support further development of the extract as a potential therapeutically useful antihypertensive agent. ..
- Ragab F, Abdel Gawad N, Georgey H, Said M. Synthesis of novel 1,3,4-trisubstituted pyrazoles as anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;63:645-54 pubmed publisher..Compound 5e was found to be the most active one as anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent. On the other hand, COX-1/COX-2 isozyme selectivity was also done which showed equal inhibition to both isoforms. ..
- El Naga R. Pre-treatment with cardamonin protects against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats: impact on NOX-1, inflammation and apoptosis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;274:87-95 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings suggest that cardamonin improves therapeutic index of cisplatin and that NOX-1 is partially involved in the pathogenesis of cispaltin-induced nephrotoxicity. ..
- Abdel Wahhab M, Aly S. Antioxidants and radical scavenging properties of vegetable extracts in rats fed aflatoxin-contaminated diet. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:2409-14 pubmed
- Arafa H. Carnitine deficiency: a possible risk factor in paracetamol hepatotoxicity. Arch Toxicol. 2009;83:139-50 pubmed publisher..Data obtained so far would suggest that carnitine deficiency could possibly be a sequela as well as a causative clue for paracetamol hepatotoxicity. ..
- Abdel Wahhab M, Hassan N, El Kady A, Khadrawy Y, El Nekeety A, Mohamed S, et al. Red ginseng extract protects against aflatoxin B1 and fumonisins-induced hepatic pre-cancerous lesions in rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:733-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, treatment with GE after the administration of the mycotoxins was found to be more effective. It could be concluded that GE has a protective effects as pre-cancerous lesions and therapeutic effects as well. ..
- Breikaa R, Algandaby M, El Demerdash E, Abdel Naim A. Multimechanistic antifibrotic effect of biochanin a in rats: implications of proinflammatory and profibrogenic mediators. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69276 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that BCA administration protects against fibrotic complications, a property that can be contributed to the multimechanistic approach of the drug. ..
- Ahmed I, El Hosary R, Shalaby S, Abd Rabo M, Elkhateeb D, Nour S. PD-PK evaluation of freeze-dried atorvastatin calcium-loaded poly-?-caprolactone nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2016;504:70-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together the PD and PK results demonstrate that the improved efficacy obtained at reduced doses from the freeze-dried AC-NPs could be due to increased concentration of AC in the liver rather than in the plasma. ..
- Aboutabl E, Nassar M, Elsakhawy F, Maklad Y, Osman A, El Khrisy E. Phytochemical and pharmacological studies on Sideritis taurica Stephan ex Wild. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002;82:177-84 pubmed..The tested extracts and fractions exhibited significant analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcerogenic and antihyperglycaemic activities, but no anticonvulsant and antipyretic effects, as compared with control groups and reference drugs...
- Amin K, Hashem K, Alshehri F, Awad S, Hassan M. Antioxidant and Hepatoprotective Efficiency of Selenium Nanoparticles Against Acetaminophen-Induced Hepatic Damage. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;175:136-145 pubmed publisher..Nano-Se could be a novel hepatoprotective strategy to inhibit oxidative stress. ..
- Fahmy H, El Eraky W. Synthesis and evaluation of the analgesic and antiinflammatory activities of O-substituted salicylamides. Arch Pharm Res. 2001;24:171-9 pubmed..Some of the compounds were tested for their analgesic and antiinflammatory activities as well as ulcerogenic effects. Some derivatives were more effective than salicylamide and ulcerogenic activity was variably lowered. ..
- Abdel Salam O, Baiuomy A, Ameen A, Hassan N. A study of unfractionated and low molecular weight heparins in a model of cholestatic liver injury in the rat. Pharmacol Res. 2005;51:59-67 pubmed..The present data from bile duct ligated rats suggest an antifibrotic effect for nadroparin and enoxaparin. ..
- Menze E, Tadros M, Abdel tawab A, Khalifa A. Potential neuroprotective effects of hesperidin on 3-nitropropionic acid-induced neurotoxicity in rats. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:1265-75 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a potential neuroprotective role of hesperidin against 3-NP-induced Huntington's disease-like manifestations. Such neuroprotection can be referred to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. ..
- Motawi T, El Maraghy S, Senousy M. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition and angiotensin AT1 receptor blockade downregulate angiotensin-converting enzyme expression and attenuate renal injury in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2013;27:378-87 pubmed publisher..Prevention of diabetes-induced changes in ACE expression and Na(+) /K(+) -ATPase activity could be a new explanation of the renoprotective effects of ACEIs and ARBs. ..