Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Locale: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Morcos M, Morcos W, Ibrahim M, Shaheen M. Environmental exposure to endotoxin in rural and urban Egyptian school children and its relation to asthma and atopy. Minerva Pediatr. 2011;63:19-26 pubmed..16; 95% [CI], 0.95-28). Our results support the hygiene theory, i.e., endotoxin exposure could be protective to asthma and atopy in school children. ..
- El Shafie A, Fouad M, Khalil M, Morsy T. Zoonotic Dicrocoeliasis dendriticum in a farmer's family at Giza Governorate, Egypt. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2011;41:327-36 pubmed..The father and mother were successfully treated with Triclabendazole and the children and animals were successfully treated with Mirazid and Oleo-resin solution of Commiphora molmol respectively...
- Fouad S, Basyoni M, Fahmy R, Kobaisi M. The pathogenic role of different Blastocystis hominis genotypes isolated from patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Arab J Gastroenterol. 2011;12:194-200 pubmed publisher..hominis was frequent in these patients. This study attempted to distinguish different genotypes of B. hominis isolates obtained from patients with IBS and to evaluate their pathogenic potentials...
- Nagib M, Tadros M, Elsayed M, Khalifa A. Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activities of olmesartan medoxomil ameliorate experimental colitis in rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;271:106-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that olmesartan medoxomil may be effective in the treatment of UC through its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. ..
- Koriem K, Arbid M, El Gendy N. The Protective Role of Anise Oil in Oxidative Stress and Genotoxicity Produced in Favism. J Diet Suppl. 2016;13:505-21 pubmed publisher..These results were supported by histopathological evaluation. In conclusion, anise oil pretreatment into favism-induced rats decreased the favism disorders, and this effect was related to the anethole ingredient of the oil. ..
- Mahana N, Abd Allah H, Salah M, Tallima H, El Ridi R. Fasciola gigantica enolase is a major component of worm tegumental fraction protective against sheep fasciolosis. Acta Trop. 2016;158:189-196 pubmed publisher..gigantica enolase showed homology of 92% and 95%, respectively to Fasciola hepatica enolase, suggesting that a fasciolosis vaccine might be effective against both tropical and temperate liver flukes. ..
- Salem A, Mohammaden T, Ali M, Mohamed E, Hasan H. Ellagic and ferulic acids alleviate gamma radiation and aluminium chloride-induced oxidative damage. Life Sci. 2016;160:2-11 pubmed publisher..Oral administration of EA and/or FA may be useful for ameliorating ? radiation and/or AlCl3-induced oxidative damage. ..
- Hafez M, Hamed S, El Khadragy M, Hassan Z, Al Rejaie S, Sayed Ahmed M, et al. Effect of ginseng extract on the TGF-?1 signaling pathway in CCl4-induced liver fibrosis in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:45 pubmed publisher..ginseng extract had an anti-fibrosis effect via the regulation of the TGF-?1/Smad signaling pathway in the CCl4-induced liver fibrosis model. The major target was the inhibition of the expression of TGF-?1, Smad2, and Smad3. ..
- Abd El Fattah A, Fathy M, Ali Z, El Garawany A, Mohamed E. Enhanced therapeutic benefit of quercetin-loaded phytosome nanoparticles in ovariectomized rats. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;271:30-38 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the results obtained confirm the superiority of QP over free quercetin at the same doses as a promising hormone replacement therapy. ..
- El Laithy H, El Shaboury K. The development of Cutina lipogels and gel microemulsion for topical administration of fluconazole. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2002;3:E35 pubmed..05). The antifungal activity of fluconazole showed the widest zone of inhibition with gel microemulsion. The gel microemulsion is an excellent vehicle for fluconazole topical drug delivery. ..
- El Mansy A. Revision of Myxobolus heterosporus Baker, 1963 (syn. Myxosoma Heterospora) (Myxozoa: Myxosporea) in African records. Dis Aquat Organ. 2005;63:205-14 pubmed..Some transitional stages from Myxobolus-like spore types to tailed-spores were observed. Therefore, some tailed-spores may be simply heteromorphs of Myxobolus. ..
- Guinedi A, Mortada N, Mansour S, Hathout R. Preparation and evaluation of reverse-phase evaporation and multilamellar niosomes as ophthalmic carriers of acetazolamide. Int J Pharm. 2005;306:71-82 pubmed..Histological examination of corneal tissues after instillation of niosomal formulation for 40 days showed slight irritation in the substantia propria of the eye which is reversible and no major changes in tissues were observed. ..
- Hamed M. Excretory-secretory product of fasciola hepatica worm protects against Schistosoma mansoni infection in mice. Indian J Exp Biol. 2006;44:554-61 pubmed
- Abdou W, Ganoub N, Geronikaki A, Sabry E. Synthesis, properties, and perspectives of gem-diphosphono substituted-thiazoles. Eur J Med Chem. 2008;43:1015-24 pubmed..Prediction and the in vivo activity of the products in the rat adjuvant model are also discussed in terms of structure-activity relationships (SAR)...
- Abdel Salam O, Oraby F, Hassan N. Vinpocetine ameliorates acute hepatic damage caused by administration of carbon tetrachloride in rats. Acta Biol Hung. 2007;58:411-9 pubmed publisher..2 mg/kg of vinpocetine was similar to that obtained by 30 mg/kg silymarin. Therefore, it is suggested that vinpocetine might be a good pharmacological agent in the treatment of liver disease besides its neuroprotective effects. ..
- Helmy M, Mahmoud S, Fahmy Z. Schistosoma mansoni: effect of dietary zinc supplement on egg granuloma in Swiss mice treated with praziqantel. Exp Parasitol. 2009;122:310-7 pubmed publisher..IL-10 mRNA expression was higher in the treated groups than in the infection control group. In conclusion, zinc administration could be a promising adjuvant therapy for S. mansoni infection. ..
- El Amir A. Effect of mouse strain on humoral responses to Schistosoma mansoni irradiated cercariae vaccine. Egypt J Immunol. 2008;15:51-63 pubmed..2 immunoblots were recognized with variations in the number and pattern of bands observed. In conclusion, RA vaccine is effective vaccine against schistosomiasis. ..
- El Sayed W. Upregulation of chemoprotective enzymes and glutathione by Nigella sativa (black seed) and thymoquinone in CCl4-intoxicated rats. Int J Toxicol. 2011;30:707-14 pubmed publisher..This protection could be attributed to the induction of chemoprotective enzymes probably through increasing transcription. ..
- Salama M, Taher E, El Bahy M. Molluscicidal and Mosquitocidal activities of the essential oils of Thymus capitatus Hoff. et Link. and Marrubium vulgare L. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 2012;54:281-6 pubmed..capitatus oil showed no ovicidal activity. It was verified mosquitocidal activity, with LC50 and LC90 of 100 and 200 ppm/12hrs respectively for larvae, and 200 and 400 ppm/12hrs respectively for pupae of C. pipiens...
- Tayel S, El Nabarawi M, Tadros M, Abd Elsalam W. Promising ion-sensitive in situ ocular nanoemulsion gels of terbinafine hydrochloride: design, in vitro characterization and in vivo estimation of the ocular irritation and drug pharmacokinetics in the aqueous humor of rabbits. Int J Pharm. 2013;443:293-305 pubmed publisher..F31 in situ NE gel showed the least ocular irritation potential and significantly (P<0.01) higher C(max), delayed T(max), prolonged mean residence time and increased bioavailability...
- Ibrahim M, Mohamed M, Ghazy A, Masoud H. Superoxide dismutases from larvae of the camel tick Hyalomma dromedarii. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;164:221-8 pubmed publisher..This finding will contribute to our understanding of the physiology of these ectoparasites and the development of non-traditional methods to control them. ..
- Tork O, Khaleel E, Abdelmaqsoud O. Altered Cell to Cell Communication, Autophagy and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Model of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Potential Protective Effects of Curcumin and Stem Cell Therapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:8271-9 pubmed..Administration of curcumin and/or MSCs have tumor suppressive effects as they can target these mechanisms. However, further research is still needed to verify their effectiveness. ..
- El Rafie H, El Rafie M, AbdElsalam H, El Sayed W. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory finishing of cotton by microencapsulation using three marine organisms. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;86:59-64 pubmed publisher..coli) and Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). The anti-inflammatory activity, the potency% reached to 88.3% for the fabric encapsulated with microcapsules of sodium alginate/H. stipulacea sea grass and the EnF/CA. ..
- Mansour S, El Marakby S, Moawed F. Ameliorative effects of rutin on hepatic encephalopathy-induced by thioacetamide or gamma irradiation. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;172:20-27 pubmed publisher..Consequently, rutin has been a powerful hepatoprotective effect to combat hepatic encephalopathy associated hyperammonemia and its consequential damage in liver and brain. ..
- Abdel Latif R, Zaitone S, Abdel Mottaleb Y, El Maraghy N. The anorectic agent, lorcaserin, disturbs estrous cyclicity and produces endometrial hyperplasia without affecting ovarian population in female rats. Life Sci. 2017;183:69-77 pubmed publisher..Therefore, lorcaserin should be used with caution in women of child bearing potential until adequate clinical safety data are available. ..
- Ahmed A, Ramzy R. Laboratory assessment of the molluscicidal and cercaricidal activities of the Egyptian weed, Solanum nigrum L. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 1997;91:931-7 pubmed..haematobium and S. mansoni and 40 mg/litre for F. gigantica. ..
- Fahmy H, El Eraky W. Synthesis and evaluation of the analgesic and antiinflammatory activities of O-substituted salicylamides. Arch Pharm Res. 2001;24:171-9 pubmed..Some of the compounds were tested for their analgesic and antiinflammatory activities as well as ulcerogenic effects. Some derivatives were more effective than salicylamide and ulcerogenic activity was variably lowered. ..
- Farid H, Hammad R, Soliman D, El Setouhy M, Ramzy R, Weil G. Relationships between Wuchereria bancrofti microfilaria counts in human blood and parasite uptake and maturation in Culex pipiens, with observations on the effects of diethylcarbamazine treatment on these parameters. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2003;68:286-93 pubmed..9% 6-7 months after treatment; similar reductions were observed for MF uptake, MF/mosquito, infectivity, and L3/mosquito. Thus, single-dose diethylcarbamazine had a major impact on MF ingestion and L3 production by mosquitoes. ..
- Saada H, Said U, Meky N, Abd El Azime A. Grape seed extract Vitis vinifera protects against radiation-induced oxidative damage and metabolic disorders in rats. Phytother Res. 2009;23:434-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present data demonstrate that GSE would protect the heart and pancreas tissues from oxidative damage induced by ionizing irradiation. ..
- Saleh S, Ain Shoka A, El Demerdash E, Khalef M. Protective effects of the angiotensin II receptor blocker losartan on cisplatin-induced kidney injury. Chemotherapy. 2009;55:399-406 pubmed publisher..However, losartan did not affect CDDP uptake by the kidney. Our results indicate that losartan has proved to be a promising drug for clinical use as a nephroprotectant against CDDP-induced nephrotoxicity. ..
- Fahmy S, Hamdi S. Curative effect of the Egyptian marine Erugosquilla massavensis extract on carbon tetrachloride-induced oxidative stress in rat liver and erythrocytes. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2011;15:303-12 pubmed..The results of the present study, suggested that, the MCE could protect the liver and erythrocytes injuries perhaps, by its antioxidative effect, hence eliminating the deleterious effect of toxic metabolites from CCl4. ..
- Zakaria A, Hamdi N, Abdel Kader R. Methylene Blue Improves Brain Mitochondrial ABAD Functions and Decreases AÎ² in a Neuroinflammatory Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Model. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:1220-8 pubmed publisher..These results give a new insight to possible mechanisms of MB in AD. ..
- Rashed M, Kanlikilicer P, Rodriguez Aguayo C, Pichler M, Bayraktar R, Bayraktar E, et al. Exosomal miR-940 maintains SRC-mediated oncogenic activity in cancer cells: a possible role for exosomal disposal of tumor suppressor miRNAs. Oncotarget. 2017;8:20145-20164 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that OC cells secrete the tumor-suppressive miR-940 into the extracellular environment via exosomes, to maintain their invasiveness and tumorigenic phenotype. ..
- Haridy F, Morsy T, Ibrahim B, Abdel Aziz A. A preliminary study on dicrocoeliasis in Egypt, with a general review. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2003;33:85-96 pubmed..This investigation is a preliminary study to report on the presence of D. dendriticum (in sheep, goats and man in North Sinai Governorate) in Egypt...
- Kassem H, Hassan A, Abdel Hamid I, Osman G, El Khalab E, Madkour M. Wolbachia infection and the expression of cytoplasmic incompatibility in sandflies (Diptera: Psychodidae) from Egypt. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2003;97:639-44 pubmed..papatasi or in the colonies derived from Egyptian P. bergeroti and P. langeroni may indicate that the inter- and intra-specific spread of Wolbachia is discontinuous, even within one country. ..
- Saleem S, Belal A, El Ghandour N. Spinal cord schistosomiasis: MR imaging appearance with surgical and pathologic correlation. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005;26:1646-54 pubmed..Spinal cord involvement is a rare manifestation of schistosomiasis. We describe the MR imaging findings of spinal cord schistosomiasis in correlation with surgery and pathology...
- Massoud A, El Shazly A, Awad S, Morsy A, Sadek G, Morsy T. New trends in diagnosis and treatment of chronic intestinal strongyloidiasis stercoralis in Egyptian patients. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2006;36:827-44 pubmed..On combined therapy of both Mirazid and Mebendazole, larvae could be eliminated from their stool as approved by agar plate culture. ..
- Kassem H, Osman G. Maternal transmission of Wolbachia in Phlebotomus papatasi (Scopoli). Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2007;101:435-40 pubmed..The absence of CI expression and relatively low frequencies of maternal transmission could hamper the potential use of Wolbachia in a transgenic strategy for the control of leishmaniases. ..
- Farag N, Mohamed S, Soliman G. Design, synthesis, and docking studies of novel benzopyrone derivatives as H(1)-antihistaminic agents. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008;16:9009-17 pubmed publisher..Also, it was concluded that in order for the compounds to be active, they must bind with both active sites of HNMT enzyme (two pockets) to inhibit it. Compounds 8c, 8i, 11g, 11i, and 11k; observe the maximum activities. ..
- El Wakeil N, Volkmar C, Sallam A. Jasmonic acid induces resistance to economically important insect pests in winter wheat. Pest Manag Sci. 2010;66:549-54 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that jasmonic acid induced pest resistance in wheat plants and may act as a resistance mechanism of wheat against insect herbivores. ..
- El Sayed E, Abdel Aziz A, Helal G, Saleh S, Saad A. Protective effect of N-acetylcysteine against carmustine-induced myelotoxicity in rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:1576-80 pubmed publisher..Conclusively, NAC could have a potential protective effect against BCNU-induced myelotoxicity; an effect that is mainly attributed to the antioxidant property. ..
- Montasser A, Amin A. Effect of ivermectin on the integument and dorsoventral muscles of the tick Argas (Persicargas) persicus (Oken) (Ixodoidea: Argasidae). Parasitol Res. 2010;107:975-82 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that IVM probably binds to the neurotransmitters or the hormones involved in secretion processes of epidermal cells and dermal glands in the integument or those involved in contraction of dorsoventral muscles...
- Omara E, Aly H, Nada S. Chitosan induced hepato-nephrotoxicity in mice with special reference to gender effect in glycolytic enzymes activities. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;62:29-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that female mice were more susceptible to the toxic effect of chitosan than males when administered with the higher dose for a long period. ..
- Ahmed L, Salem H, Mawsouf M, Attia A, Agha A. Cardioprotective effects of ozone oxidative preconditioning in an in vivo model of ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2012;72:345-54 pubmed publisher..Ozone therapy can afford significant cardioprotection against biochemical and histological changes associated with I/R injury. ..
- Ramadan B, Schaalan M, Tolba A. Hypoglycemic and pancreatic protective effects of Portulaca oleracea extract in alloxan induced diabetic rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:37 pubmed publisher..Thus, stimulation of Portulaca oleracea signaling in β- cells may be a novel therapeutic strategy for diabetes prevention. ..
- Said A, Zaki R, Salah ElDin R, Nasr M, Azab S, Elzankalony Y. Efficacy of Intravitreal injection of 2-Methoxyestradiol in regression of neovascularization of a retinopathy of prematurity rat model. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:38 pubmed publisher..Positive GFAP expression was detected in the control positive groups and study group (I). Intravitreal injection of 2-Methoxyestradiol nanoemulsion is a promising effective method in reduction of neovascularization of a ROP rat model. ..
- Awad N. Bioactive brominated diterpenes from the marine red alga Jania Rubens (L.) Lamx. Phytother Res. 2004;18:275-9 pubmed..Moreover, the data implied that the cytotoxicity of these compounds were dependent on the number of acetoxy groups. Also, anthelmintic activities of the isolated compounds on earthworms (Allolobophora caliginosa) were studied. ..
- Mohamadin A, Hammad L, El Bab M, Gawad H. Can nitric oxide-generating compounds improve the oxidative stress response in experimentally diabetic rats?. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:586-93 pubmed..The beneficial effects of NO-generating compounds can be attributed to the generation of NO and/or enhanced anti-oxidant enzyme activities. ..
- Abdel Wahhab M, Abdel Azim S, El Nekeety A. Inula crithmoides extract protects against ochratoxin A-induced oxidative stress, clastogenic and mutagenic alterations in male rats. Toxicon. 2008;52:566-73 pubmed publisher..The RAPD-PCR analysis revealed the appearance of new bands in DNA resulting from genetic alteration. The extract alone was safe and succeeded in counteracting the oxidative stress and protect against the cytotoxicity resulting from OTA. ..
- Hamdy N, Gamal Eldeen A. New pyridone, thioxopyridine, pyrazolopyridine and pyridine derivatives that modulate inflammatory mediators in stimulated RAW 264.7 murine macrophage. Eur J Med Chem. 2009;44:4547-56 pubmed publisher..The findings revealed that the derivatives 2b, 3b, 5a, 7b, 9a and 9b can be recognized as promising multi-potent anti-inflammatory agents. ..
- Halim Mohamed M, Mahmoud A. Formulation of indomethacin eye drops via complexation with cyclodextrins. Curr Eye Res. 2011;36:208-16 pubmed publisher..Besides a sufficient solubility for the drug, many factors were studied in the development of this system, such as stability and safety. In addition, indomethacin-HP-?-CD eye drops showed promising management to corneal inflammation. ..
- Hamdy N, Abdel Aziz H, Kamel G, Fakhr I. Convenient synthesis, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and ulcerogenic activites of some new bis-hydrazones and pyrazole derivatives. Acta Pol Pharm. 2013;70:469-80 pubmed..All the tested compounds showed significant anti-inflammatory activity, while some of them exhibited potent analgesic activity. In addition, all compounds exhibited lower ulcerogenic effects than the standard ketoprofen. ..
- Eissa S, Matboli M, Mansour A, Mohamed S, Awad N, Kotb Y. Evaluation of urinary HURP mRNA as a marker for detection of bladder cancer: relation to bilharziasis. Med Oncol. 2014;31:804 pubmed publisher..3 %) and bilharzial bladder cancer (78.1 %). Detection of urinary HURP RNA is a useful non-invasive test for early detection of bladder cancer and bilharzial bladder cancer and it improves sensitivity of urine cytology up to 91 %. ..
- Salama A, Mahmoud A, Kamel R. A Novel Method for Preparing Surface-Modified Fluocinolone Acetonide Loaded PLGA Nanoparticles for Ocular Use: In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluations. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2016;17:1159-72 pubmed publisher..Pharmacokinetic studies on Albino rabbit's eyes using HPLC indicated that the prepared novel chitosan-coated PLGA nanoparticles subjected to separation by filtration showed rapid and extended drug delivery to the eye. ..
- Rouby S, Aboulsoud E. Evidence of intrauterine transmission of lumpy skin disease virus. Vet J. 2016;209:193-5 pubmed publisher..All tested sera collected from animals located in the same area were serologically positive, indicating exposure to LSD virus. ..
- Aboutabl E, Nassar M, Elsakhawy F, Maklad Y, Osman A, El Khrisy E. Phytochemical and pharmacological studies on Sideritis taurica Stephan ex Wild. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002;82:177-84 pubmed..The tested extracts and fractions exhibited significant analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcerogenic and antihyperglycaemic activities, but no anticonvulsant and antipyretic effects, as compared with control groups and reference drugs...
- Ramadan N, Al Khadrawy F. The in vitro effect of Assafoetida on Trichomonas vaginalis. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2003;33:615-30 pubmed..It showed that Assafoetida had a potent antiparasitic effect on T. vaginalis compared to metronidazole, thus, worth further investigation to study its applicability in treatment of parasitic infections. ..
- Abo Madyan A, Morsy T, Motawea S, Morsy A. Clinical trial of Mirazid in treatment of human fascioliasis, Ezbet El-Bakly (Tamyia Center) Al-Fayoum Governorate. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2004;34:807-18 pubmed..It was concluded that Mirazid (or Myrrh extract of Commiphora molmol) is safe and effective in the treatment of human fascioliasis under the field conditions. ..
- Ramadan N, Abdel Aaty H, Abdel Hameed D, El Deeb H, Samir N, Mansy S, et al. Effect of Ferula assafoetida on experimental murine Schistosoma mansoni infection. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2004;34:1077-94 pubmed..The highest reduction in worm burden and egg counts was found with powder form of F. assafoetida (Gs III & IV) when compared to oil form (Gs I & II), as confirmed histopathologically and by ultrastructural profile alteration. ..
- Massoud A, El Ebiary F, Ibrahim S. Light microscopic study of the effect of new antischistosmal drug (myrrh extract) on the liver of mice. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2005;35:971-88 pubmed..III (infected nontreated mice). The data of this study proved the efficacy of myrrh as a promising antischistosomal drug. ..
- Abdel Fattah N, Nada O. Effect of propolis versus metronidazole and their combined use in treatment of acute experimental giardiasis. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2007;37:691-710 pubmed..Their combined use caused an immunological balance as shown by the T-lymphocyte profile that saved the intestinal homeostasis and histological architecture. ..
- El Ridi R, Tallima H. Schistosoma mansoni ex vivo lung-stage larvae excretory-secretory antigens as vaccine candidates against schistosomiasis. Vaccine. 2009;27:666-73 pubmed publisher..The findings together indicated that the immune responses issue is as critical as the nature and source of the antigen for the development of vaccine against schistosomiasis. ..
- Salam O, Sleem A, Omara E, Hassan N. Hepatoprotective effects of misoprostol and silymarin on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic damage in rats. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2009;23:179-88 pubmed publisher..7%). These results indicate that treatment with misoprostol protects against hepatocellular necrosis induced by CCl(4). This study suggests a potential therapeutic use for misoprostol in liver injury. ..
- Mohamad R, El Bastawesy A, Zekry Z, Al Mehdar H, Al Said M, Aly S, et al. The role of Curcuma longa against doxorubicin (adriamycin)-induced toxicity in rats. J Med Food. 2009;12:394-402 pubmed publisher..The present findings conclude that the turmeric extract has multiple therapeutic activities that block the cardiac, hepatic, and renal toxicities induced by DOX, and it also possibly acts as a free radical scavenger. ..
- El Gozamy B, Mohamed S, Mansour H. Toxoplasmosis among pregnant women in Qualyobia Governorate, Egypt. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2009;39:389-401 pubmed..gondii in which ELISA-IgM positive and ELISA-IgG negative, was 23 cases (27.05%) and v.v. was 20 (23.54). The interpretation of IgM and IgG was given. ..
- Kilany Y, Abou Holw S, Abouel Nour M, Morsy A. Early development of osteoporosis in male smokers with hypoandrogenism due to fascioliasis with or without schistosomiasis added by life style. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2009;39:789-802 pubmed..Treatment with Mirazid supplied as 10 mg/kg for 6 successive days resulted in 100% cure of fascioliasis whether single or combined with schistosomiasis...
- Hathout R, Woodman T, Mansour S, Mortada N, Geneidi A, Guy R. Microemulsion formulations for the transdermal delivery of testosterone. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2010;40:188-96 pubmed publisher..The microemulsions considered offer potentially useful vehicles for the transdermal delivery of testosterone. ..
- ElRokh E, Yassin N, El Shenawy S, Ibrahim B. Antihypercholesterolaemic effect of ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale) in rats. Inflammopharmacology. 2010;18:309-15 pubmed publisher..Many herbal medicinal products have potential hypocholesterolaemic activity and encouraging safety profiles. However, only a limited amount of clinical research exists to support their efficacy...
- Ammar H, Ghorab M, El Nahhas S, Higazy I. Proniosomes as a carrier system for transdermal delivery of tenoxicam. Int J Pharm. 2011;405:142-52 pubmed publisher..The investigated tenoxicam loaded proniosomal formula proved to be non-irritant, with significantly higher anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects compared to that of the oral market tenoxicam tablets. ..
- Kdodier M, Shoman S. Preparation and evaluation of specific polyclonal antibodies to H5N1 subtype of the avian influenza virus in Egypt. Egypt J Immunol. 2009;16:139-47 pubmed..Extracts from pharyngeal-tracheal mucus of apparently healthy chickens mixed with H5 AIVs also yielded positive signals in ELISA. Such data suggest that these PAbs are useful in the surveillance and diagnosis of AIV in birds in Egypt. ..
- Abdel Aziz M, Motawi T, Rezq A, Mostafa T, Fouad H, Ahmed H, et al. Effects of a water-soluble curcumin protein conjugate vs. pure curcumin in a diabetic model of erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med. 2012;9:1815-33 pubmed publisher..Water-soluble curcumin could enhance erectile function with more effectiveness and with more prolonged duration of action. ..
- Elmazar M, El Abhar H, Schaalan M, Farag N. Phytol/Phytanic acid and insulin resistance: potential role of phytanic acid proven by docking simulation and modulation of biochemical alterations. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e45638 pubmed publisher..The study concluded that the insulin sensitizing/anti-diabetic effect of phytol is mediated by partly from activation of nuclear receptors and heterodimerization of RXR with PPAR? by phytanic acid. ..
- Abdel Aziz H, Wadie W, Abdallah D, Lentzen G, Khayyal M. Novel effects of ectoine, a bacteria-derived natural tetrahydropyrimidine, in experimental colitis. Phytomedicine. 2013;20:585-91 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that intestinal barrier stabilizers from natural sources could offer new therapeutic measures for the management of IBD. ..
- Ragab F, Abdel Gawad N, Georgey H, Said M. Synthesis of novel 1,3,4-trisubstituted pyrazoles as anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;63:645-54 pubmed publisher..Compound 5e was found to be the most active one as anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent. On the other hand, COX-1/COX-2 isozyme selectivity was also done which showed equal inhibition to both isoforms. ..
- Breikaa R, Algandaby M, El Demerdash E, Abdel Naim A. Multimechanistic antifibrotic effect of biochanin a in rats: implications of proinflammatory and profibrogenic mediators. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69276 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that BCA administration protects against fibrotic complications, a property that can be contributed to the multimechanistic approach of the drug. ..
- Haddad N, Saliba H, Altawil A, Villinsky J, Al Nahhas S. Cutaneous leishmaniasis in the central provinces of Hama and Edlib in Syria: Vector identification and parasite typing. Parasit Vectors. 2015;8:524 pubmed publisher..infantum in P. tobbi specimens indicates a potential circulation of this parasite in the humid zone of Edlib. Further epidemiological studies are needed to evaluate the burden of this visceral parasite in the study region. ..
- Abd El Haleim E, Bahgat A, Saleh S. Effects of combined PPAR-Î³ and PPAR-Î± agonist therapy on fructose induced NASH in rats: Modulation of gene expression. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;773:59-70 pubmed publisher..In Conclusion, dual activation of PPAR-Î³ and PPAR-Î± has remarkable effect in ameliorating NASH by modulation of some hepatic and adipose tissue genes expressions. ..
- Zaher N, Rashed E, El Ghazaly M. Semi-synthetic thymoquinone analogs: new prototypes as potential antihyperlipidemics in irradiated rats. Future Med Chem. 2017;9:1483-1493 pubmed publisher..TQ derivatives (4-7), could be considered as promising agents in pathologies implicating impaired lipid metabolism, preclinical evaluation is warranted. [Formula: see text]. ..
- Eid I, Elsebaei M, Mohammad H, Hagras M, Peters C, Hegazy Y, et al. Arylthiazole antibiotics targeting intracellular methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) that interfere with bacterial cell wall synthesis. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:665-673 pubmed publisher..The most promising compound 4i exhibited rapid bactericidal activity, good metabolic stability and produced over 80% reduction of intracellular MRSA in infected macrophages. ..
- Abu Elyazeed R, el Sharkawy S, Olson J, Botros B, Soliman A, Salib A, et al. Prevalence of anti-Rift-Valley-fever IgM antibody in abattoir workers in the Nile delta during the 1993 outbreak in Egypt. Bull World Health Organ. 1996;74:155-8 pubmed..24)) and handling animal parts (RR = 2.37). The findings suggest that abattoir workers represent a useful sentinel population for surveillance of RVF...
- Abd el Gawad H, Khalifa A. Quercetin, coenzyme Q10, and L-canavanine as protective agents against lipid peroxidation and nitric oxide generation in endotoxin-induced shock in rat brain. Pharmacol Res. 2001;43:257-63 pubmed
- El Hag Ali Said A. Radiation synthesis of interpolymer polyelectrolyte complex and its application as a carrier for colon-specific drug delivery system. Biomaterials. 2005;26:2733-9 pubmed..The ability of the prepared copolymer to be used as drug carrier for colon-specific drug delivery system was estimated using ketoprofen as a model drug. ..
- Mohamed S, Fahmy A, Mohamed T, Hamdy S. Urea cycle of Fasciola gigantica: purification and characterization of arginase. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;142:308-16 pubmed..The enzyme was activated with Mn2+, where the other metals Fe2+, Ca2+, Hg2+, Ni2+, Co2+ and Mg2+ had inhibitory effects. ..
- El Kadi M, Dorrah A, Shoukry N. Patients with gastrointestinal complains due to enteric parasites, with reference to Entamoeba histolytica/dispar as dected by ELISA E. histolytica adhesion in stool. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2006;36:53-64 pubmed..These were Schistosoma mansoni (0.95%), Capillaria sp. (0.95%), Enterobius vermicularis (1.90%) macroscopically, Hymenolepis nana (4.3%) and Ascaris lumbricoides (1.43%). ..
- Ismail M, Ghorab M, Noaman E, Ammar Y, Heiba H, Sayed M. Novel synthesis of pyrrolo [2,3-d] pyrimidines bearing sulfonamide moieties as potential antitumor and radioprotective agents. Arzneimittelforschung. 2006;56:301-8 pubmed..Moreover, compound 8d exhibited radioprotective activity. The structures of the newly synthesized compounds were established by their elemental analyses and spectral data. ..
- Mohamed M, Shalaby K, Loverde P, Abd Allah N, Karim A. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA fragment encoding a Schistosoma mansoni actin-binding protein (Smfilamin). Parasitol Res. 2008;102:1035-42 pubmed publisher..Immunofluorescence studies with specific antisera revealed a tegument-associated fluorescence in adult worms. IgG specific to the Smfilamin fragment showed 36.6% killing of schistosomules in an in vitro killing assay. ..
- El Laithy H. Self-nanoemulsifying drug delivery system for enhanced bioavailability and improved hepatoprotective activity of biphenyl dimethyl dicarboxylate. Curr Drug Deliv. 2008;5:170-6 pubmed..7 and 6-folds that of commercial chinese pilules and Pennel capsules respectively. This improvement was also confirmed histopathologically in chemically injured rats and by the significant decrease in elevated liver enzymes level...
- Radwan W, Helmy N, Guneidy N, Mohammed S. Ultrastructure of normal and JHA-treated eggs of the soft tick Argas persicus (Oken). J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2008;38:823-32 pubmed