Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on wistar rats in Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Locale: Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Topic: wistar rats
- Asmussen J, Von Sperling M, Penkowa M. Intraneuronal signaling pathways of metallothionein. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2926-36 pubmed publisher..This paper elucidates the intraneuronal molecular signaling involved in neuroprotective effects of MT. ..
- Salanti A, Resende M, Ditlev S, Pinto V, Dahlbäck M, Andersen G, et al. Several domains from VAR2CSA can induce Plasmodium falciparum adhesion-blocking antibodies. Malar J. 2010;9:11 pubmed publisher..It is possible to induce parasite adhesion-blocking antibodies when immunizing with a number of different VAR2CSA domains. This indicates that the CSA binding site in VAR2CSA is comprised of epitopes from different domains. ..
- Thulesen J, Hartmann B, Orskov C, Jeppesen P, Holst J, Poulsen S. Potential targets for glucagon-like peptide 2 (GLP-2) in the rat: distribution and binding of i.v. injected (125)I-GLP-2. Peptides. 2000;21:1511-7 pubmed
- Hay Schmidt A, Helboe L, Larsen P. Leptin receptor immunoreactivity is present in ascending serotonergic and catecholaminergic neurons of the rat. Neuroendocrinology. 2001;73:215-26 pubmed..Thus leptin, the adipose tissue-derived ligand of the leptin receptor, may in some brain areas directly influence serotonergic, dopaminergic, adrenergic and noradrenergic inputs to the periventricular and medial hypothalamic nuclei. ..
- Jørgensen S, Nielsen J, Birk J, Olsen G, Viollet B, Andreelli F, et al. The alpha2-5'AMP-activated protein kinase is a site 2 glycogen synthase kinase in skeletal muscle and is responsive to glucose loading. Diabetes. 2004;53:3074-81 pubmed..The fact that alpha2-AMPK is a GS kinase that inactivates GS while simultaneously activating glucose transport suggests that a balanced view on the suitability for AMPK as an antidiabetic drug target should be taken. ..
- Wellejus A, Dalgaard M, Loft S. Oxidative DNA damage in male Wistar rats exposed to di-n-butyl phthalate. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2002;65:813-24 pubmed..With respect to phthalate-induced oxidative DNA damage in the liver, it appears that the developmental stage during exposure is important. ..
- Pankratova S, Kiryushko D, Sonn K, Soroka V, Køhler L, Rathje M, et al. Neuroprotective properties of a novel, non-haematopoietic agonist of the erythropoietin receptor. Brain. 2010;133:2281-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, Epotris is a novel neuroprotective non-haematopoietic erythropoietin mimetic that may offer new opportunities for the treatment of neurological disorders. ..
- Mikkelsen J, Møller M. Neuropeptide Y in the mammalian pineal gland. Microsc Res Tech. 1999;46:239-56 pubmed..Possible roles of NPY in pineal biochemistry and physiology are discussed. ..
- Selenica M, Jensen H, Larsen A, Pedersen M, Helboe L, Leist M, et al. Efficacy of small-molecule glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibitors in the postnatal rat model of tau hyperphosphorylation. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;152:959-79 pubmed..These findings corroborate earlier suggestions that GSK-3beta may be an attractive target for disease-modification in AD and related conditions where tau phosphorylation is believed to contribute to disease pathogenesis. ..
- Nielsen A, Fabricius M, Lauritzen M. Scanning laser-Doppler flowmetry of rat cerebral circulation during cortical spreading depression. J Vasc Res. 2000;37:513-22 pubmed..SLDF and LDF are complementary, but cannot substitute for one another as they measure flow in different layers of the cortex. ..
- Weidner M, Sigwart K. Investigation of the teratogenic potential of a zingiber officinale extract in the rat. Reprod Toxicol. 2001;15:75-80 pubmed..EXT 33. Based on these results, it was concluded that EV.EXT 33, when administered to pregnant rats during the period of organogenesis, caused neither maternal nor developmental toxicity at daily doses of up to 1000 mg/kg body weight. ..
- Aplin M, Christensen G, Schneider M, Heydorn A, Gammeltoft S, Kjølbye A, et al. The angiotensin type 1 receptor activates extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2 by G protein-dependent and -independent pathways in cardiac myocytes and langendorff-perfused hearts. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2007;100:289-95 pubmed..Similar biased agonism was achieved in Langendorff-perfused hearts, where both agonists elicit ERK1/2 phosphorylation, but [SII] AngII induces neither inotropic nor chronotropic effects. ..
- Hofgaard J, Banach K, Mollerup S, Jørgensen H, Olesen S, Holstein Rathlou N, et al. Phosphatidylinositol-bisphosphate regulates intercellular coupling in cardiac myocytes. Pflugers Arch. 2008;457:303-13 pubmed publisher..The reduction in intercellular coupling lowered conduction velocity. ..
- Jensen A, Hansen S, Nielsen E. Adhyperforin as a contributor to the effect of Hypericum perforatum L. in biochemical models of antidepressant activity. Life Sci. 2001;68:1593-605 pubmed..Our studies further support recent reports suggesting that the effect of hyperforin on uptake of monoamines is probably not caused by a direct effect of hyperforin on known sites on the transporters. ..
- Hundahl C, Kelsen J, Dewilde S, Hay Schmidt A. Neuroglobin in the rat brain (II): co-localisation with neurotransmitters. Neuroendocrinology. 2008;88:183-98 pubmed publisher..To us this indicates that the cellular and physiological function of Ngb in different subsets of neurones might not be identical, or that all neurones containing Ngb has one thing in common that we at presently not are aware of. ..
- Hartoft Nielsen M, Rasmussen A, Bock T, Feldt Rasmussen U, Kaas A, Buschard K. Iodine and tri-iodo-thyronine reduce the incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus in the autoimmune prone BB rats. Autoimmunity. 2009;42:131-8 pubmed publisher..In Wistar rats T3 treatment increased the beta cell mass per bodyweight. The modulation of thyroid function during postnatal development may thus affect the precipitation of T1DM in genetically susceptible individuals...
- Hundahl C, Hannibal J, Fahrenkrug J, DeWilde S, Hay Schmidt A. Neuroglobin expression in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleus: colocalization, innervation, and response to light. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:1556-69 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the Ngb could be involved in both photic and nonphotic entrainment via input from the GHT. ..
- Rose A, Jeppesen J, Kiens B, Richter E. Effects of contraction on localization of GLUT4 and v-SNARE isoforms in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R1228-37 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that VAMP2, VAMP5, and VAMP7 may be involved in translocation of GLUT4 during muscle contractions. ..
- Moos T, Morgan E. The significance of the mutated divalent metal transporter (DMT1) on iron transport into the Belgrade rat brain. J Neurochem. 2004;88:233-45 pubmed..The existence of the mutated DMT1 molecule in neurones suggests that the low cerebral iron uptake in b/b rats derives from a reduced neuronal uptake rather than an impaired iron transport through the blood-brain barrier. ..
- Christoffersen T, Aplin M, Strom C, Sheikh S, Skott O, Busk P, et al. Increased natriuretic peptide receptor A and C gene expression in rats with pressure-overload cardiac hypertrophy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;290:H1635-41 pubmed
- Jackerott M, Oster A, Larsson L. PYY in developing murine islet cells: comparisons to development of islet hormones, NPY, and BrdU incorporation. J Histochem Cytochem. 1996;44:809-17 pubmed..These results suggest that PYY-positive endocrine cells may represent precursors for mature islet cells. ..
- Glenert U. Effects of chronic anethole trithione and amitriptyline treatment on rat parotid gland signalling. Eur J Pharmacol. 1992;226:43-52 pubmed..In addition, this study supports the beneficial effects of anethole trithione in treating drug-induced xerostomia. ..
- Brandt N, De Bock K, Richter E, Hespel P. Cafeteria diet-induced insulin resistance is not associated with decreased insulin signaling or AMPK activity and is alleviated by physical training in rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;299:E215-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, compared with previous studies of high-fat feeding, where insulin signaling is significantly impaired, the mechanism by which CAF diet induces insulin resistance seems different. ..
- Tang Christensen M, Kristensen P, Stidsen C, Brand C, Larsen P. Central administration of Y5 receptor antisense decreases spontaneous food intake and attenuates feeding in response to exogenous neuropeptide Y. J Endocrinol. 1998;159:307-12 pubmed
- Bisgaard H, Holmskov U, Santoni Rugiu E, Nagy P, Nielsen O, Ott P, et al. Heterogeneity of ductular reactions in adult rat and human liver revealed by novel expression of deleted in malignant brain tumor 1. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1187-98 pubmed
- Hundahl C, Allen G, Nyengaard J, Dewilde S, Carter B, Kelsen J, et al. Neuroglobin in the rat brain: localization. Neuroendocrinology. 2008;88:173-82 pubmed publisher..The qRT-PCR data showed a diurnal variation of Ngb mRNA in the SCN, having a peak in the day time (light-period) and nadir during night (dark-period). ..
- Novak I, Hede S, Hansen M. Adenosine receptors in rat and human pancreatic ducts stimulate chloride transport. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:437-47 pubmed..We propose that adenosine can stimulate pancreatic secretion and, thereby, is an active player in the acini-to-duct signaling...
- Engelund A, Fahrenkrug J, Harrison A, Hannibal J. Vesicular glutamate transporter 2 (VGLUT2) is co-stored with PACAP in projections from the rat melanopsin-containing retinal ganglion cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;340:243-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we conclude that VGLUT2 is the preferred subtype of vesicular transporter used by these cells. ..
- Owczarek S, Kiryushko D, Larsen M, Kastrup J, Gajhede M, Sandi C, et al. Neuroplastin-55 binds to and signals through the fibroblast growth factor receptor. FASEB J. 2010;24:1139-50 pubmed publisher..Owczarek, S., Kiryushko, D., Larsen, M. H., Kastrup, J. S., Gajhede, M., Sandi, C., Berezin, V., Bock, E., Soroka, V. Neuroplastin-55 binds to and signals through the fibroblast growth factor receptor. ..
- Zinck T, Illum R, Jansen Olesen I. Increased expression of endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthase in dura and pia mater after air stress. Cephalalgia. 2006;26:14-25 pubmed..These findings point towards the involvement of increased NO concentrations in dura and pia mater in response to air stress. However, the role of these findings in relation to migraine pathophysiology remains unclear. ..
- Jensen J, Mikkelsen J, Mørk A. Increased adenylyl cyclase type 1 mRNA, but not adenylyl cyclase type 2 in the rat hippocampus following antidepressant treatment. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2000;10:105-11 pubmed..This may indicate enhanced AC/G protein coupling. Thus, citalopram may increase cAMP signalling by acting on components of the AC system without affecting the protein level of the AC type 1. ..
- Kolko M, Nielsen M, Bazan N, Diemer N. Secretory phospholipase A(2) induces delayed neuronal COX-2 expression compared with glutamate. J Neurosci Res. 2002;69:169-77 pubmed..We conclude that sPLA(2) may modulate neuronal COX-2 expression through mechanisms that differ from those of glutamate-induced COX-2 expression. ..
- Møller M, Baeres F. PACAP-containing intrapineal nerve fibers originate predominantly in the trigeminal ganglion: a combined retrograde tracing- and immunohistochemical study of the rat. Brain Res. 2003;984:160-9 pubmed..The presence of neurons with a parasympathetic function in a ganglion that has been considered a purely sensory ganglion, is a new concept in neuroanatomy. ..
- Hougaard D, Larsson L. Carboxypeptidase E in rat antropyloric mucosa: distribution in progenitor and mature endocrine cell types. Histochem Cell Biol. 2004;121:55-61 pubmed..These data indicate that immature G/D cells are able to process gastrin to glycine-extended forms and that CPE-mediated processing is not a characteristic of mature somatostatin and serotonin cells. ..
- Dam H, Mellerup E, Plenge P, Winther R, Wortwein G. The serotonin transporter and 5HT2A receptor in rat brain after localized lesions. Neurol Res. 2007;29:717-22 pubmed..No change was detected for 5HT2A receptor density. ..
- Østergaard J, Hannibal J, Fahrenkrug J. Synaptic contact between melanopsin-containing retinal ganglion cells and rod bipolar cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3812-20 pubmed
- Hannibal J, Fahrenkrug J. Target areas innervated by PACAP-immunoreactive retinal ganglion cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2004;316:99-113 pubmed..The findings suggest that PACAP plays a role as neurotransmitter in non-imaging photoperception to target areas in the brain regulating circadian timing, masking, regulation of sleep-wake cycle and pupillary reflex. ..
- Pedersen M, Køhler L, Grigorian M, Novitskaya V, Bock E, Lukanidin E, et al. The Mts1/S100A4 protein is a neuroprotectant. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:777-86 pubmed..As in cerebellar neurons, the induced increase in caspase activity in hippocampal neurons was not affected by Mts1. ..
- Moos T, Skjoerringe T, Gosk S, Morgan E. Brain capillary endothelial cells mediate iron transport into the brain by segregating iron from transferrin without the involvement of divalent metal transporter 1. J Neurochem. 2006;98:1946-58 pubmed..However, BCECs at P0 together with those of older age lacked DMT1. In conclusion, BCECs probably mediate iron transport into the brain by segregating iron from transferrin without involvement of DMT1...
- Skjoerringe T, Lundvig D, Jensen P, Moos T. P25alpha/Tubulin polymerization promoting protein expression by myelinating oligodendrocytes of the developing rat brain. J Neurochem. 2006;99:333-42 pubmed..In contrast, P25alpha/TPPP co-localized with beta(IV)-tubulin from post-natal (p) day P10 suggesting that p25alpha/TPPP plays an important role for tubulin-related transport in developing, myelinating oligodendrocytes. ..
- Hansen R, Christensen C, Korshunova I, Kriebel M, Burkarth N, Kiselyov V, et al. Identification of NCAM-binding peptides promoting neurite outgrowth via a heterotrimeric G-protein-coupled pathway. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1396-407 pubmed..Thus, ENFIN2 and ENFIN11 may be valuable for exploring this particular type of NCAM-mediated signaling. ..
- Hannibal J. Regulation of melanopsin expression. Chronobiol Int. 2006;23:159-66 pubmed..These observations show that dual mechanisms regulate melanopsin gene expression and that the intrinsic light-responsive RGCs in the albino Wistar rat adapt their expression of melanopsin to environmental light and darkness. ..
- Henriksen K, Novak I. Effect of ATP on intracellular pH in pancreatic ducts involves P2X7 receptors. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2003;13:93-102 pubmed..Our study shows that the pHi effect of ATP is mediated by P2X7 receptors. However, ATP does not affect H+/HCO3- transporters unmasked by cellular acidosis. Presumably, ATP alone does not stimulate HCO3- secretion in pancreatic ducts. ..
- Wrang M, Møller F, Alsbo C, Diemer N. Changes in gene expression following induction of ischemic tolerance in rat brain: detection and verification. J Neurosci Res. 2001;65:54-8 pubmed..Thus, our results show that the expression of genes hitherto not related to IT changes with the induction of IT and that the degree of regulation displayed by RFDD-PCR can be verified by quantitative PCR. ..
- Ott P, Weisiger R. Nontraditional effects of protein binding and hematocrit on uptake of indocyanine green by perfused rat liver. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:G227-38 pubmed..The simple experimental design and its parameter-free evaluation provide a new tool for investigating the hepatic uptake of protein-bound ligands...
- Tygstrup N, Jensen S, Krog B, Dalhoff K. Expression of liver functions following sub-lethal and non-lethal doses of allyl alcohol and acetaminophen in the rat. J Hepatol. 1997;27:156-62 pubmed..The data support the view that a fatal outcome of the intoxications depends more on the ability to regenerate than on the maintenance of liver-specific functions. ..
- Sørensen G, Lindberg C, Wortwein G, Bolwig T, Woldbye D. Differential roles for neuropeptide Y Y1 and Y5 receptors in anxiety and sedation. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:723-9 pubmed..These results indicate that anxiolytic-like effects of i.c.v.-administered NPY in rats are mediated via both Y1 and Y5 receptors, whereas sedation is mediated via Y5 receptors. ..