Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Locale: Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Topic: transcription factors
- Beyer S, Kristensen M, Jensen K, Johansen J, Staller P. The histone demethylases JMJD1A and JMJD2B are transcriptional targets of hypoxia-inducible factor HIF. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36542-52 pubmed publisher..Studies on ectopically expressed JMJD1A and JMJD2B indicate that both proteins retain their histone lysine demethylase activity in hypoxia and thereby might impact the hypoxic gene expression program. ..
- Friis Hansen L, Rieneck K, Nilsson H, Wadstrom T, Rehfeld J. Gastric inflammation, metaplasia, and tumor development in gastrin-deficient mice. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:246-58 pubmed..The gastrin-deficient mouse serves as a useful new model for gastric metaplasia and neoplasia. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Almstrup K, Nielsen J, Brask Sonne S, Graem N, Skakkebaek N, et al. Stem cell pluripotency factor NANOG is expressed in human fetal gonocytes, testicular carcinoma in situ and germ cell tumours. Histopathology. 2005;47:48-56 pubmed..Timing of NANOG down-regulation in fetal gonocytes suggests that NANOG may act as a regulatory factor up-stream to OCT-4. ..
- Rajpert De Meyts E, Hanstein R, Jørgensen N, Graem N, Vogt P, Skakkebaek N. Developmental expression of POU5F1 (OCT-3/4) in normal and dysgenetic human gonads. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:1338-44 pubmed
- Jørgensen W, Gam C, Andersen J, Schjerling P, Scheibye Knudsen M, Mortensen O, et al. Changed mitochondrial function by pre- and/or postpartum diet alterations in sheep. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E1349-57 pubmed publisher..Postnatal high-fat diet results in a pronounced RCR and VO(2max) increase in adolescence. However, these effects are reversible by diet correction and are not maintained in adulthood. ..
- WENDLAND J, Dünkler A, Walther A. Characterization of ?-factor pheromone and pheromone receptor genes of Ashbya gossypii. FEMS Yeast Res. 2011;11:418-29 pubmed publisher..These strains showed no phenotypic abnormalities and an ste2, ste3 double mutant is still able to sporulate. The deletion of STE12 as the downstream target of pheromone signalling, however, led to a hypersporulation phenotype. ..
- Brandt N, Gunnarsson T, Hostrup M, Tybirk J, Nybo L, Pilegaard H, et al. Impact of adrenaline and metabolic stress on exercise-induced intracellular signaling and PGC-1? mRNA response in human skeletal muscle. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, higher exercise-induced changes in AMPK, p38, and CREB phosphorylation are not associated with differences in the PGC-1? mRNA response. ..
- Larsson L, St Onge L, Hougaard D, Sosa Pineda B, Gruss P. Pax 4 and 6 regulate gastrointestinal endocrine cell development. Mech Dev. 1998;79:153-9 pubmed..Thus, together, these two genes regulate the differentiation of all proximal gastrointestinal endocrine cells and reflect common pathways for pancreatic and gastrointestinal endocrine cell differentiation. ..
- Pilegaard H, Osada T, Andersen L, Helge J, Saltin B, Neufer P. Substrate availability and transcriptional regulation of metabolic genes in human skeletal muscle during recovery from exercise. Metabolism. 2005;54:1048-55 pubmed
- Faurschou A, Gniadecki R, Calay D, Wulf H. TNF-alpha impairs the S-G2/M cell cycle checkpoint and cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer repair in premalignant skin cells: role of the PI3K-Akt pathway. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2069-77 pubmed publisher..The effect of TNF-alpha seems to be dependent on Akt activation and may constitute a relevant mechanism enhancing mutagenesis and tumor development. ..
- Ostenfeld M, Høyer Hansen M, Bastholm L, Fehrenbacher N, Olsen O, Groth Pedersen L, et al. Anti-cancer agent siramesine is a lysosomotropic detergent that induces cytoprotective autophagosome accumulation. Autophagy. 2008;4:487-99 pubmed..Threrefore, the combination of siramesine with inhibitors of autophagosome formation appears as a promising approach for future cancer therapy. ..
- Aarestrup F, Ahrens P, Madsen M, Pallesen L, Poulsen R, Westh H. Glycopeptide susceptibility among Danish Enterococcus faecium and Enterococcus faecalis isolates of animal and human origin and PCR identification of genes within the VanA cluster. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1996;40:1938-40 pubmed..All vancomycin-resistant isolates examined carried the vanA, vanX, and vanR genes, suggesting that a gene cluster similar to that of the transposon Tn1546 was responsible for the resistance. ..
- Oddo A, Thomsen T, Kjelstrup S, Gorey C, Franzyk H, Frimodt MÃ¸ller N, et al. An Amphipathic Undecapeptide with All d-Amino Acids Shows Promising Activity against Colistin-Resistant Strains of Acinetobacter baumannii and a Dual Mode of Action. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:592-9 pubmed publisher..The lower activity of its enantiomer suggests a dual, specific and nonspecific mode of action. Interestingly, colistin behaved antagonistically to BP214 when pmrAB and lpxC mutants were challenged. ..
- French J, Johnatty S, Lu Y, Beesley J, Gao B, Kalimutho M, et al. Germline polymorphisms in an enhancer of PSIP1 are associated with progression-free survival in epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6353-68 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that the minor allele of rs7874043 confers poor PFS by increasing PSIP1 expression. ..
- Jørgensen S, Wojtaszewski J, Viollet B, Andreelli F, Birk J, Hellsten Y, et al. Effects of alpha-AMPK knockout on exercise-induced gene activation in mouse skeletal muscle. FASEB J. 2005;19:1146-8 pubmed
- Christensen N, Habekost G, Bratholm P. A RNA transcript (Heg) in mononuclear cells is negatively correlated with CD14 mRNA and TSH receptor autoantibodies. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;154:209-15 pubmed publisher..Single-stranded RNA is likely to increase interferon production. Due to the anti-inflammatory effect Heg may also inhibit the early phase of TSH receptor autoantibody production. ..
- Farshidfar F, Zheng S, Gingras M, Newton Y, Shih J, Robertson A, et al. Integrative Genomic Analysis of Cholangiocarcinoma Identifies Distinct IDH-Mutant Molecular Profiles. Cell Rep. 2017;18:2780-2794 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal insights into the molecular pathogenesis and heterogeneity of cholangiocarcinoma and provide classification information of potential therapeutic significance. ..
- Pedersen T, Kowenz Leutz E, Leutz A, Nerlov C. Cooperation between C/EBPalpha TBP/TFIIB and SWI/SNF recruiting domains is required for adipocyte differentiation. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3208-16 pubmed
- Daugaard M, Baude A, Fugger K, Povlsen L, Beck H, Sørensen C, et al. LEDGF (p75) promotes DNA-end resection and homologous recombination. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:803-10 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the role of PWWP-domain proteins in DNA repair and provide a molecular explanation for the antiapoptotic and cancer cell survival-activities of LEDGF. ..
- von Holstein S, Fehr A, Persson M, Nickelsen M, Therkildsen M, Prause J, et al. Lacrimal gland pleomorphic adenoma and carcinoma ex pleomorphic adenoma: genomic profiles, gene fusions, and clinical characteristics. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:1125-33 pubmed publisher..Copy number gains involving 9p23-p22.3 (NFIB) and 22q12-qter (PDGFB) may be of importance for disease progression in a subset of lacrimal gland PAs. ..
- Riising E, Boggio R, Chiocca S, Helin K, Pasini D. The polycomb repressive complex 2 is a potential target of SUMO modifications. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2704 pubmed publisher..Further work aimed to identify the physiological conditions for these modifications will be required to understand the role of SUZ12 and EZH2 sumoylation in PcG-mediated epigenetic regulation of transcription. ..
- Leick L, Hellsten Y, Fentz J, Lyngby S, Wojtaszewski J, Hidalgo J, et al. PGC-1alpha mediates exercise-induced skeletal muscle VEGF expression in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E92-103 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the findings suggest an AMPK-mediated regulation of VEGF expression through PGC-1alpha. ..
- Walther A, Wendland J. Yap1-dependent oxidative stress response provides a link to riboflavin production in Ashbya gossypii. Fungal Genet Biol. 2012;49:697-707 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that application of H(2)O(2) stress leads to an increase in riboflavin production in a Yap1-dependent manner...
- Ringholm S, Grunnet Knudsen J, Leick L, Lundgaard A, Munk Nielsen M, Pilegaard H. PGC-1? is required for exercise- and exercise training-induced UCP1 up-regulation in mouse white adipose tissue. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64123 pubmed publisher..In addition, as PRDM16 mRNA content decreased in recovery from acute exercise, the present findings suggest that acute exercise elicits regulation of several brown adipose tissue genes in mouse WAT. ..
- Mortensen O, Dichmann D, Abrahamsen N, Grunnet N, Nishimura E. Identification of a novel human glucagon receptor promoter: regulation by cAMP and PGC-1alpha. Gene. 2007;393:127-36 pubmed
- Bracken A, Kleine Kohlbrecher D, Dietrich N, Pasini D, Gargiulo G, Beekman C, et al. The Polycomb group proteins bind throughout the INK4A-ARF locus and are disassociated in senescent cells. Genes Dev. 2007;21:525-30 pubmed..These results provide a model for how the INK4A-ARF locus is activated and how Polycombs contribute to cancer. ..
- Rohde K, Bering T, Furukawa T, Rath M. A modulatory role of the Rax homeobox gene in mature pineal gland function: Investigating the photoneuroendocrine circadian system of a Rax conditional knockout mouse. J Neurochem. 2017;143:100-111 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Rax controls pineal gene expression and via Aanat may modulate melatonin synthesis. ..
- Lazzerini Denchi E, Attwooll C, Pasini D, Helin K. Deregulated E2F activity induces hyperplasia and senescence-like features in the mouse pituitary gland. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2660-72 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that deregulated E2F activity is not sufficient to fully mimic loss of Rb due to the engagement of a senescence response. ..
- Hjortoe G, Weilguny D, Willumsen B. Elk3 from hamster--a ternary complex factor with strong transcriptional repressor activity. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:35-42 pubmed..These findings support a possible role for Elk3 in growth regulation and reveal a high degree of homology for this protein across species. ..
- Møller A, Urhammer S, Dalgaard L, Reneland R, Berglund L, Hansen T, et al. Studies of the genetic variability of the coding region of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha in Caucasians with maturity onset NIDDM. Diabetologia. 1997;40:980-3 pubmed..However, a Val/Met255 mutation was found exclusively in NIDDM patients (0.8% of cases) and functional as well as family segregation studies are needed to determine whether this HNF-4alpha variant is a NIDDM causing mutation. ..
- Ek J, Andersen G, Urhammer S, Gaede P, Drivsholm T, Borch Johnsen K, et al. Mutation analysis of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1 (PGC-1) and relationships of identified amino acid polymorphisms to Type II diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia. 2001;44:2220-6 pubmed..0007). No interaction between this variant and the Pro12Ala polymorphism of PPAR-gamma2 was observed. A widespread Gly482Ser polymorphism of PGC-1 is associated with a 1.34 genotype relative risk of Type II diabetes. ..
- Ek J, Grarup N, Urhammer S, Gaede P, Drivsholm T, Borch Johnsen K, et al. Studies of the variability of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta (HNF-1beta / TCF2) and the dimerization cofactor of HNF-1 (DcoH / PCBD) genes in relation to type 2 diabetes mellitus and beta-cell function. Hum Mutat. 2001;18:356-7 pubmed..In conclusion, mutations in HNF-1beta and DCoH are not a major cause of MODY or late onset type 2 diabetes in Danish Caucasian subjects. ..
- Larsson L. On the development of the islets of Langerhans. Microsc Res Tech. 1998;43:284-91 pubmed..Recent data also point to possibilities of local paracrine interactions between islet cell types and the parenchymal tissue during development. ..
- Petersen K, Qiu J, Lütje J, Fiil B, Hansen S, Mundy J, et al. Arabidopsis MKS1 is involved in basal immunity and requires an intact N-terminal domain for proper function. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14364 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that MKS1 function and subcellular location requires an intact N-terminus important for both MPK4 and WRKY33 interactions. ..
- Skovgaard C, Brandt N, Pilegaard H, Bangsbo J. Combined speed endurance and endurance exercise amplify the exercise-induced PGC-1? and PDK4 mRNA response in trained human muscle. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..These responses are reinforced when speed endurance exercise is followed by endurance exercise. ..
- Leick L, Lyngby S, Wojtaszewski J, Wojtasewski J, Pilegaard H. PGC-1alpha is required for training-induced prevention of age-associated decline in mitochondrial enzymes in mouse skeletal muscle. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:336-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present findings indicate that PGC-1alpha is required for training-induced prevention of an age-associated decline in CS activity and SOD2 protein expression in skeletal muscle. ..
- Møller A, Dalgaard L, Pociot F, Nerup J, Hansen T, Pedersen O. Mutations in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha gene in Caucasian families originally classified as having Type I diabetes. Diabetologia. 1998;41:1528-31 pubmed..Clinical awareness of family history of diabetes and mode of inheritance might help to identify and reclassify these diabetic subjects as MODY3 patients. ..
- Schwartz M, Blichfeldt S, Muller J. X-linked adrenal hypoplasia in a large Greenlandic family. Detection of a missense mutation (N4401) in the DAX-1 gene; implication for genetic counselling and carrier diagnosis. Hum Genet. 1997;99:83-7 pubmed..A total of 42 individuals has been tested for this mutation. We have diagnosed 10 women as carriers, and have excluded 22 women with a 25-50% risk from being carriers, emphasizing the rapid impact of molecular genetic techniques. ..
- Ambye L, Rasmussen S, Fenger M, Jørgensen T, Borch Johnsen K, Madsbad S, et al. Studies of the Gly482Ser polymorphism of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1alpha (PGC-1alpha) gene in Danish subjects with the metabolic syndrome. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2005;67:175-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the Gly482Ser polymorphism of the PGC-1alpha gene is not associated with the metabolic syndrome, related quantitative traits or cardiac hypertrophy among Danish Caucasian subjects. ..
- Galli G, Carrara M, Francavilla C, de Lichtenberg K, Olsen J, Calogero R, et al. Genomic and proteomic analyses of Prdm5 reveal interactions with insulator binding proteins in embryonic stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4504-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate how Prdm5 modulates transcription by interacting with factors involved in genome organization in mouse embryonic stem cells. ..
- Halgren C, Kjaergaard S, Bak M, Hansen C, El Schich Z, Anderson C, et al. Corpus callosum abnormalities, intellectual disability, speech impairment, and autism in patients with haploinsufficiency of ARID1B. Clin Genet. 2012;82:248-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings emphasize that ARID1B is important in human brain development and function in general, and in the development of CC and in speech development in particular. ..
- Fazli M, O Connell A, Nilsson M, Niehaus K, Dow J, Givskov M, et al. The CRP/FNR family protein Bcam1349 is a c-di-GMP effector that regulates biofilm formation in the respiratory pathogen Burkholderia cenocepacia. Mol Microbiol. 2011;82:327-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that the Bcam1349 protein is a transcriptional regulator that binds c-di-GMP and regulates biofilm formation and virulence in B.?cenocepacia in response to the level of c-di-GMP. ..
- Archer N, Pérez Andreu V, Stoltze U, Scheurer M, Wilkinson A, Lin T, et al. Family-based exome-wide association study of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia among Hispanics confirms role of ARID5B in susceptibility. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180488 pubmed publisher..Our results confirmed the role of ARID5B in childhood ALL susceptibility among Hispanics; however, our assessment did not reveal any strong novel inherited genetic risks for acute lymphoblastic leukemia among this ethnic group. ..
- Feenstra B, Geller F, Krogh C, Hollegaard M, Gørtz S, Boyd H, et al. Common variants near MBNL1 and NKX2-5 are associated with infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis. Nat Genet. 2012;44:334-7 pubmed publisher..2 approximately 1.3 Mb downstream of MBNL1. The third SNP, rs29784 (OR = 1.42; P = 1.5 × 10(-15)) at 5q35.2, is 64 kb downstream of NKX2-5, which is involved in development of cardiac muscle tissue and embryonic gut development. ..
- Fazli M, McCarthy Y, Givskov M, Ryan R, Tolker Nielsen T. The exopolysaccharide gene cluster Bcam1330-Bcam1341 is involved in Burkholderia cenocepacia biofilm formation, and its expression is regulated by c-di-GMP and Bcam1349. Microbiologyopen. 2013;2:105-22 pubmed publisher..cenocepacia, and that its production is regulated by c-di-GMP through binding to and promotion of the activity of the transcriptional regulator Bcam1349. ..
- Gramstrup Petersen J, Rojo Romanos T, Juozaityte V, Redo Riveiro A, Hums I, Traunmüller L, et al. EGL-13/SoxD specifies distinct O2 and CO2 sensory neuron fates in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003511 pubmed publisher..elegans. These findings extend our understanding of mechanisms of neuronal diversification and the regulation of molecular factors that may be conserved in higher organisms. ..
- Hansen S, Baeuerle P, Blasi F. Purification, reconstitution, and I kappa B association of the c-Rel-p65 (RelA) complex, a strong activator of transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2593-603 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings show that c-Rel-p65 (RelA) is an inducible and very potent transcriptional activator which is differentially activated in a cell-type-specific manner. ..
- Urhammer S, Rasmussen S, Kaisaki P, Oda N, Yamagata K, Møller A, et al. Genetic variation in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha gene in Danish Caucasians with late-onset NIDDM. Diabetologia. 1997;40:473-5 pubmed..Thus, genetic variation in the HNF-1 alpha gene is not a common factor contributing to NIDDM susceptibility in white subjects of Danish ancestry. ..
- Lukas C, Sørensen C, Kramer E, Santoni Rugiu E, Lindeneg C, Peters J, et al. Accumulation of cyclin B1 requires E2F and cyclin-A-dependent rearrangement of the anaphase-promoting complex. Nature. 1999;401:815-8 pubmed..These results implicate an E2F-dependent, cyclin A/Cdk2-mediated phosphorylation of Cdh1 in the timely accumulation of cyclin B1 and the coordination of cell-cycle progression during the post-restriction point period. ..
- Larsen K, Lutterodt M, Laursen H, Graem N, Pakkenberg B, Møllgård K, et al. Spatiotemporal distribution of PAX6 and MEIS2 expression and total cell numbers in the ganglionic eminence in the early developing human forebrain. Dev Neurosci. 2010;32:149-62 pubmed publisher..Further, MEIS2 was expressed at a very high level in the developing ganglionic eminence and at a more moderate level in the cortical plate. ..
- Vissing K, Andersen J, Schjerling P. Are exercise-induced genes induced by exercise?. FASEB J. 2005;19:94-6 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that presampling is not always a representative control for postintervention sampling, illustrating that use of presampling can cause erroneous interpretations of the underlying induction signals. ..
- Løbner Olesen A, Boye E, Marinus M. Expression of the Escherichia coli dam gene. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:1841-51 pubmed..3, and dam. The transcriptional start points of the promoters were determined. A comparison of their nucleotide sequences suggested that P1-P4 were all recognized by the sigma 70 subunit of the RNA polymerase. ..
- Marthaler A, Schmid B, Tubsuwan A, Poulsen U, Engelbrecht A, Mau Holzmann U, et al. Generation of an isogenic, gene-corrected control cell line of the spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 patient-derived iPSC line H271. Stem Cell Res. 2016;16:180-3 pubmed publisher..This gene corrected cell line will provide the ideal control to model SCA2 by iPSC technology. ..
- von Holstein Rathlou S, BonDurant L, Peltekian L, Naber M, Yin T, Claflin K, et al. FGF21 Mediates Endocrine Control of Simple Sugar Intake and Sweet Taste Preference by the Liver. Cell Metab. 2016;23:335-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the liver functions to regulate macronutrient-specificÂ intake by producing an endocrine satiety signal that acts centrally to suppress the intake of "sweets." ..
- Adser H, Wojtaszewski J, Jakobsen A, Kiilerich K, Hidalgo J, Pilegaard H. Interleukin-6 modifies mRNA expression in mouse skeletal muscle. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2011;202:165-73 pubmed publisher..05) immediately after exercise only in IL-6 KO. In conclusion, IL-6 affects exercise-induced glycogen use, AMPK signalling and TNF-? mRNA responses in mouse skeletal muscle. ..
- Hansen K, Hazan I, Shanker S, Watt S, Verhein Hansen J, B hler J, et al. H3K9me-independent gene silencing in fission yeast heterochromatin by Clr5 and histone deacetylases. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001268 pubmed publisher..These deacetylases can act in concert with, or independently of, the widely studied H3K9me mark to influence gene silencing at heterochromatic loci...
- Krishna S, Orosz L, Sneppen K, Adhya S, Semsey S. Relation of intracellular signal levels and promoter activities in the gal regulon of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:671-8 pubmed publisher..It is the actual structure of the promoter and regulatory region, the mechanism of transcription regulation, and the interplay between transcription factors that shape the input function to be suitable for adaptation. ..
- Qiu J, Fiil B, Petersen K, Nielsen H, Botanga C, Thorgrimsen S, et al. Arabidopsis MAP kinase 4 regulates gene expression through transcription factor release in the nucleus. EMBO J. 2008;27:2214-21 pubmed publisher..Our data establish direct links between MPK4 and innate immunity and provide an example of how a plant MAP kinase can regulate gene expression by releasing transcription factors in the nucleus upon activation. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Sehested A, Juhler M, Lau Y, Skakkebaek N, Laursen H, et al. New evidence for the origin of intracranial germ cell tumours from primordial germ cells: expression of pluripotency and cell differentiation markers. J Pathol. 2006;209:25-33 pubmed
- Hansen T, Eiberg H, Rouard M, Vaxillaire M, Møller A, Rasmussen S, et al. Novel MODY3 mutations in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha gene: evidence for a hyperexcitability of pancreatic beta-cells to intravenous secretagogues in a glucose-tolerant carrier of a P447L mutation. Diabetes. 1997;46:726-30 pubmed
- Urhammer S, Fridberg M, Hansen T, Rasmussen S, Møller A, Clausen J, et al. A prevalent amino acid polymorphism at codon 98 in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha gene is associated with reduced serum C-peptide and insulin responses to an oral glucose challenge. Diabetes. 1997;46:912-6 pubmed..Val 98 homozygotes may exhibit a more severe defect in the early glucose-induced insulin response. ..
- Lukas J, Herzinger T, Hansen K, Moroni M, Resnitzky D, Helin K, et al. Cyclin E-induced S phase without activation of the pRb/E2F pathway. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1479-92 pubmed..They furthermore indicate that a lack of E2F-mediated transactivation can be compensated by hyperactivation of this cyclin E-controlled event. ..
- Kiilerich K, Adser H, Jakobsen A, Pedersen P, Hardie D, Wojtaszewski J, et al. PGC-1alpha increases PDH content but does not change acute PDH regulation in mouse skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;299:R1350-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PGC-1? regulates PDH-E1? protein content in parallel with mitochondrial oxidative proteins, but does not seem to influence PDH regulation in mouse skeletal muscle in response to fasting and in recovery from exercise. ..
- Sønderby I, Burow M, Rowe H, Kliebenstein D, Halkier B. A complex interplay of three R2R3 MYB transcription factors determines the profile of aliphatic glucosinolates in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:348-63 pubmed publisher..Similar regulatory networks might exist in other secondary pathways. ..
- Andersen M, Christiansen D, Jensen B, Ernst P, Hauge G, Pedersen Bjergaard J. Therapy-related acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with MLL rearrangements following DNA topoisomerase II inhibitors, an increasing problem: report on two new cases and review of the literature since 1992. Br J Haematol. 2001;114:539-43 pubmed
- Cloos P, Christensen J, Agger K, Maiolica A, Rappsilber J, Antal T, et al. The putative oncogene GASC1 demethylates tri- and dimethylated lysine 9 on histone H3. Nature. 2006;442:307-11 pubmed..Thus, in addition to identifying GASC1 as a histone trimethyl demethylase, we suggest a model for how this enzyme might be involved in cancer development, and propose it as a target for anti-cancer therapy. ..
- Engenheiro E, Saraiva J, Carreira I, Ramos L, Ropers H, Silva E, et al. Cytogenetically invisible microdeletions involving PITX2 in Rieger syndrome. Clin Genet. 2007;72:464-70 pubmed..One patient had a t(4;17)(q25;q22)dn translocation with a deletion at the 4q breakpoint, and the other patient had an interstitial deletion of 4q25. Both deletions included only the PITX2 and ENPEP (glutamyl aminopeptidase) genes. ..
- Leick L, Wojtaszewski J, Johansen S, Kiilerich K, Comes G, Hellsten Y, et al. PGC-1alpha is not mandatory for exercise- and training-induced adaptive gene responses in mouse skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E463-74 pubmed..However, PGC-1alpha is not mandatory for training-induced increases in ALAS1, COXI, and cyt c expression, showing that factors other than PGC-1alpha can exert these adaptations. ..
- Morant M, Ekstrøm C, Ulvskov P, Kristensen C, Rudemo M, Olsen C, et al. Metabolomic, transcriptional, hormonal, and signaling cross-talk in superroot2. Mol Plant. 2010;3:192-211 pubmed publisher..The large phenotypic variation observed between and within the different surveys may be reconciled by the complex and intricate hormonal balances in sur2 seedlings decoded in this study. ..
- Krishna S, Andersson A, Semsey S, Sneppen K. Structure and function of negative feedback loops at the interface of genetic and metabolic networks. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:2455-62 pubmed..We use three examples, the bet, mer and lac systems in Escherichia coli, to illustrate the behaviour of such feedback loops. ..
- Rendtorff N, Vissing H, Tumer Z, Silahtaroglu A, Tommerup N. Assignment of the NR2E3 gene to mouse chromosome 9 and to human chromosome 15q22.33-->q23. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;89:279-80 pubmed
- Frandsen R, Nielsen N, Maolanon N, Sørensen J, Olsson S, Nielsen J, et al. The biosynthetic pathway for aurofusarin in Fusarium graminearum reveals a close link between the naphthoquinones and naphthopyrones. Mol Microbiol. 2006;61:1069-80 pubmed..Gip1, a putative laccase, is proposed to be responsible for the dimerization of two oxidized rubrofusarin molecules resulting in the formation of aurofusarin. ..
- Pedersen M, Skov L, Menne T, Johansen J, Olsen J. Gene expression time course in the human skin during elicitation of allergic contact dermatitis. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:2585-95 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest hitherto unknown roles of SMAD transcription factors and of CCL19 in the elicitation phase of ACD. ..