Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Locale: Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Bak S, Feyereisen R. The involvement of two p450 enzymes, CYP83B1 and CYP83A1, in auxin homeostasis and glucosinolate biosynthesis. Plant Physiol. 2001;127:108-18 pubmed
- Andreasson E, Jenkins T, Brodersen P, Thorgrimsen S, Petersen N, Zhu S, et al. The MAP kinase substrate MKS1 is a regulator of plant defense responses. EMBO J. 2005;24:2579-89 pubmed..MKS1 may therefore contribute to MPK4-regulated defense activation by coupling the kinase to specific WRKY transcription factors. ..
- Pedas P, Ytting C, Fuglsang A, Jahn T, Schjoerring J, Husted S. Manganese efficiency in barley: identification and characterization of the metal ion transporter HvIRT1. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:455-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HvIRT1 is an important component controlling Mn(2+) uptake in barley roots and contributes to genotypic differences in Mn(2+) uptake kinetics...
- WENDLAND J, Schaub Y, Walther A. N-acetylglucosamine utilization by Saccharomyces cerevisiae based on expression of Candida albicans NAG genes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:5840-5 pubmed publisher..Our results present the first step toward tapping a novel, renewable carbon source for biofuel production. ..
- Hansen J, Johannesen P. Cysteine is essential for transcriptional regulation of the sulfur assimilation genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;263:535-42 pubmed..While some repression of MET genes could be accomplished by homocysteine in a strain that cannot form SAM from methionine, a low intracellular level of SAM seems to be necessary for full cysteine-mediated repression to take place. ..
- Mikkelsen M, Buron L, Salomonsen B, Olsen C, Hansen B, Mortensen U, et al. Microbial production of indolylglucosinolate through engineering of a multi-gene pathway in a versatile yeast expression platform. Metab Eng. 2012;14:104-11 pubmed publisher..Production of indolylglucosinolate serves as a proof-of-concept for our expression platform, and provides a basis for large-scale microbial production of specific glucosinolates for the benefit of human health. ..
- Tarabykina S, Møller A, Durussel I, Cox J, Berchtold M. Two forms of the apoptosis-linked protein ALG-2 with different Ca(2+) affinities and target recognition. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10514-8 pubmed..Pellegrini, L., Guiet, C., and D'Adamio, L. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 1533-1540). We propose that the minor sequence difference between ALG-2,5 and ALG-2,1 affects the Ca(2+) binding properties and function of the proteins. ..
- Møldrup M, Salomonsen B, Halkier B. Engineering of glucosinolate biosynthesis: candidate gene identification and validation. Methods Enzymol. 2012;515:291-313 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that the methodology presented here will be beneficial to elucidate and engineer other plant biosynthetic pathways. ..
- Scharff Poulsen P, Pedersen P. Saccharomyces cerevisiae-based platform for rapid production and evaluation of eukaryotic nutrient transporters and transceptors for biochemical studies and crystallography. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76851 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we developed a new effective S. cerevisiae expression system that may be used for production of high-quality eukaryotic membrane proteins for functional and structural analysis. ..
- Rasmussen S. A 37.5 kb region of yeast chromosome X includes the SME1, MEF2, GSH1 and CSD3 genes, a TCP-1-related gene, an open reading frame similar to the DAL80 gene, and a tRNA(Arg). Yeast. 1995;11:873-83 pubmed..Finally, the sequence contained a tRNA(Arg3) (AGC) gene. ..
- Bocquet N, Bizard A, Abdulrahman W, Larsen N, Faty M, Cavadini S, et al. Structural and mechanistic insight into Holliday-junction dissolution by topoisomerase III? and RMI1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:261-8 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanistic rationale for how RMI1 stabilizes TopIII?-gate opening to enable dissolution and illustrate how binding partners modulate topoisomerase function. ..
- Galluzzi L, Baehrecke E, Ballabio A, Boya P, Bravo San Pedro J, Cecconi F, et al. Molecular definitions of autophagy and related processes. EMBO J. 2017;36:1811-1836 pubmed publisher..The ultimate objective of this collaborative exchange is to formulate recommendations that facilitate the dissemination of knowledge within and outside the field of autophagy research. ..